Author Topic: “Who Is The True Legend?”  (Read 903 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Who Is The True Legend?”
« on: February 08, 2023, 10:52:58 AM »
(Keira was used with her handler’s permission)

When Jessie defeated Eavan Maloney at the first Climax Control of the year, most assumed that the title shot that resulted from said match would happen at Blaze of Glory, the participants in the match included! Imagine Jessie’s surprise however when the title match between herself and the Bombshell Roulette Champion Crystal Zdunich was booked for the third show of the year AND was the Main Event of the evening!

What did that mean for the title match at Blaze of Glory? Simple, Georgie Robertson had scored the upset of the year so far at Inception VI by beating the former World Bombshell Champion Roxi Johnson and was getting a title shot as a reward, her first shot since Violent Conduct VI in fact! Can Jessie finally win her fifth Bombshell Roulette Title?

Arriving at Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 6th of February 2023, 18:00pm

To say that this Supercard Cycle has taken a turn is certainly an understatement.

After I beat Eaven to earn a Roulette Title shot back at Climax Control #351, I thought my plans for the rest of the cycle were set in stone, something that was reflected last night at Climax Control #352 when I did some hype work for the match against Crystal including interrupting her cute little bit with the Roulette Wheel.

See, I thought the #1 Contenders Match against Eaven was for a shot at the title at Blaze of Glory, not Climax Control #353!

But alas, the bosses have flipped the script on me and Crystal’s latest rematch, my Roulette Title Shot is set for the Main Event of this week’s show, and just to twist the knife further? Whoever wins the title match on Sunday will defend the title against Georgie Robertson!

Look, I know the kid just scored one hell of an upset win over Roxi at Inception VI, but she also had her match against Mercedes cancelled because neither woman promoted it! Now granted, I don’t know the full story here but this isn’t the first time she’s gone AWOL on us having failed to promote her first Climax Control match which was also against me! I mean, I’m not one to tell the bosses how to do their jobs but to me it would make more sense to have Crystal defend the title against Georgie this week and save my match for the PPV!

Then again for all I know they had to change up some plans because of the double no show! Need to work on getting a spy into SCW HQ!

”Okay, going to have to get some training in for the latest match against the bitch of many names.” I commented to myself after pausing the Spotify playlist and getting out of the car, Shane had realized that he was short of ingredients for tonight’s dinner and mostly because I had been cooped up inside for most of the day I ended up volunteering myself to go down to the shops and get what we needed. ”Okay, meat from the butchers? Check, fish? Check, veg? Check! Fruit? Check!”

“Has your husband turned you into his errand girl or something?” I glanced up upon hearing the female Polish accent and saw the Polish twins from Hero Academy Kata and Aniela, the girls had talent but they had attitude for days to go along with it and I rolled my eyes at Kata’s comment. “Seems unfitting for a Hall of Famer, no?”

”I wasn’t aware that you girls had been hired by the bosses to spy on the personal lives of their Hall of Famers.” I responded as I shook my head before moving over to the boot. ”If you two are looking for Harper, she isn’t here, she told me that she went straight home after she finished at Hero Academy today.”

“Oh, we know, we were her training partners today.” Aniela chimed in as the younger of the twin sisters walked around to the boot. “But we were thinking, Harper’s graduation date is set for late Match/early April but she’s been rather coy about who she wants as her graduation opponent, maybe you can talk to Keira about her facing us?”

”You two are Keira’s students, if you wanted to ask her that you should’ve done it at Hero Academy.” I responded as I glanced up at the twins at which point I realized that Kata had dropped her purple hair look and let her hair go back to it’s natural color which, frankly, was a much better look for her. ”Besides that, a two on one handicap graduation match doesn’t exactly sound fair to me, I’m not about to agree to that and I doubt Keira will either.”

“We figured you’d say that Jessica.” Kata responded whilst ignoring the annoyed look I was giving the teen for referring to me by my full first name. “But you might want to see how Harper feels about that.”

Okay, that set off alarm bells in my head, I knew the twins were troublemakers but the tone Kata had used caused me to spin around to face her. ”What the hell are you talking about?!” I demanded but the twins left without another word, I focussed on getting the rest of the shopping into the house first before I facetimed Harper. ”Hey kid, you’ll never guess who just stopped by my house for a little chat.” I greeted Harper once she answered the FaceTime call.

”Santa Clause? The Tooth Fairy? The Easter Bunny? Some weird amalgamation of all three?” Harper asked and I shook my head at all of her guesses though the last one did make me chuckle. ”What? You said to guess!”

”That was on me, I’ll give you that much.” I admitted with a dry chuckle before sighing. ”It was Kata and Aniela, they said that they wanted me to ask Keira to try to persuade you to select them for your graduation opponents.”

”And I’m guessing you shut that shit down faster than you can say “graduation matches are supposed to be one on one affairs and decided by the student who’s about to graduate”?” Harper asked with a frown and I nodded in response, which only caused the eighteen-year-old more confusion. ”So, why the FaceTime call? You interrupted my game of Horizon: Forbidden West.” Harper added as she turned her phone around to show that she was playing the PlayStation exclusive on her PS5.

”Sorry about that, I’ll try to keep this as brief as I can.” I apologized and Harper nodded in understanding once she turned the phone back around to face her. ”But Kata said something that set off alarm bells in my head, she implied that they were going to do something to force your hand.”

”I bet she was super vague about it as well!” Harper responded as she let out a deep breath. ”Jess, I know three things about Kata and Aniela first hand, one: they are talented, two: they have the ego to match their talent and then some and three: when it comes to stuff like that? They are all talk! They never follow through on threats like that!”

”So they are wannabe tough girls, right?” I summarized and Harper nodded in agreement. ”We’d better keep an eye on them just in case, they left the scene after they said that without another word.”

”I’m scheduled to do a promo class tomorrow, maybe you can pop down and ask Keira then?” Harper offered and without many other options I nodded in response. ”So, can I get back to my game and see you tomorrow?”

”See you tomorrow kid and enjoy your game! Wanna meet up at the parking lot?” I offered Harper who nodded in response before I hung up to help Shane pack away the stuff.

Hero Academy, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 7th of February 2023 11:00am

It’s been a few weeks since I’ve been here, much less been inside the Hero Academy building.

The last time I was at Hero Academy was when Harper was trying to push herself through the injuries she had sustained at Melissa’s hands (and feet) which Keira put a stop too in no time even going as far as to march Harper out of the building for her own good! Now that Harper was off the injured reserve list and back to her old training regimen I saw no need to come back here, at least until certain Polish twins paid me a visit yesterday.

As me and Harper arrived at the training facility we sure Kata and Aniela among the other students but the girls were too busy training to take any notice of us, it didn’t take us long to find Keira either and the other member of the Hall of Fame Class of 2022 looked up when she heard me clear my throat.

“Jessie? Wasn’t expecting you to drop by.” Keira commented once she saw me and whilst a few nearby trainees looked up when they heard my name most of them were either too busy watching the training session or too shy to ask me for an autograph, the rest being the ones who were training in the ring. “What brings you here?”

”Can we talk about this in private?” I asked Keira as I motioned to Harper and Keira nodded before telling one of the other trainers to take over for the time being whilst she took me and Harper into her office. ”So, a couple of your trainees paid me a visit yesterday, two of your troublemakers.”

“Let me guess, Kata and Aniela?” Keira asked with a frown and I nodded in response before making myself comfortable in the seat in front of Keira’s desk, Harper meanwhile merely opted to lean against the wall with her arms crossed. “Those two are far from the only troublemakers here at Hero Academy but they are by far the worst, thing is they’ve taken to wrestling almost as quickly as Cassie or Harp did and they will be the next ones to graduate after Harper.”

”Well, that puts their visit in a whole new context.” I responded as I shifted my weight. ”The twins paid me a visit yesterday and tried to persuade me to talk you into having them be Harper’s graduation opponents, I don’t think I need to point out why that didn’t work out for them but Kata implied that they were going to do something terrible to Harp if they didn’t get their way.”

”For my part? I pointed out that the twins are usually all talk when it comes to situations like this after Jess Facetimed me.” Harper chimed in and we turned to the eighteen-year-old for a second. ”Besides, I’ve been the one keeping them out of trouble since they enrolled, why would they risk that when my graduation match is right around the corner?”

“Besides that? I’m going to need more than just your word before I do anything about this.” Keira added and, well, let’s just say that I had anticipated her saying that. “These are serious allegations but I can’t proceed without any proof.”

”Funny you should say that because there was one thing the twins forgot to take into account.” I responded before reaching into my bag and producing a security tape. “You know how I used my Bloodstock 2020 money for a Home Gym after that festival got cancelled by the pandemic? Well, I still had a couple of grand left in my account after paying for the equipment, ring and for the basement to be renovated so that I had enough room down there for everything, I used it to buy the best home security system I could afford at the time which included hidden cameras facing the front entrance and driveway and back garden, and guess what those cameras picked up yesterday?”

“The twins paying you a visit?” Keira asked and I nodded to confirm Keira’s suspicions, she motioned for me to hand her the tape so she could view it for herself, I had seen Keira angry before because we had been rivals almost as long as Keira had been with SCW even if we patched up our differences after I got attacked by Sin in late 2020 I knew it was best to not get on Keira’s bad side, unfortunately for the twins they had done just that when Keira had finished watching the tape Keira put a hand to her earpiece and seconds later Kata and Aniela walked into her office with annoyed looks on their faces.

“This had better be good! Our training session was going so well!” Kata commented at which point they noticed me and Harper. “Jess? Harp? Why are you here?”

”I think you know why I’m here.” I responded before I motioned to Keira, Keira motioned the twins forward and when they saw the tape all colour drained from their faces. ”I’ll let Keira take it from here.”

“Thank you Jess.” Keira nodded in response before she turned to the twins. “You remember when I injured Cassie the other week? After all the stuff she was saying on Twitter and after she insulted Roxi? That would be tame compared to what I’ll do to you two if you went through with your threats!”

“We weren’t going to go through with it!” Aniela quickly chimed in and Keira shook her head. “Why would we do anything to hinder Harp? She’s been the one keeping us out of trouble since we got here!”

”I don’t know? Jealousy that my graduation date was before yours?” Harper responded as she folded her arms and the twins shared a look. ”Don’t think I haven’t paid attention to what you were saying between our sparring matches yesterday, most of it may have been in Polish but I was able to get the jist of it from your body language!”

“Which begs the question, what am I going to do with you?” Keira added and the twins gulped before they turned to her. “You see girls? If you had gone through with your plan without paying Jess a visit yesterday? I would’ve expelled both of you faster than I expelled Taylor! And if I was feeling especially angry? I would’ve talked to Harper about pressing charges for assault, which would mean a possible deportation back to Poland!”

”Except it never proceeded past some vague threats.” I added as I leaned back in my chair. ”Obviously I don’t run this training school, but that’s even worse for you girls because I’ve seen Keira when she’s angry, you wouldn’t like her when she’s angry.”

“Marvel comics reference aside? Well, you two had better start grovelling.” Keira added and the twins shared a panicked look. “You didn’t attend the orientation because you didn’t feel like it, you deliberately antagonised Sky about her older sister and the fact that she had sex with Fayth in one of the rings, for all your talent you two have been nothing but a nuisance since you got here.” Keira added and the twins gulped. “Give me one good reason why this incident shouldn’t be the straw that broke the camel’s back? Tell me why I shouldn’t expel you two on the spot?”

”Can I just say something?” Harper chimed in and we all turned to her. ”I know that they have been a handful but away from Hero Academy? Me and the twins had become friends, rivals, even…….” Harper trailed of before she said the last part. ”My point is? I know they are better than this! Please, just give them one last chance Keira!”

Keira took a moment to take in everything that Harper had just said before she turned to the twins. “Frankly? You two should be buying Harper dinner because she has just talked me into giving you one last chance.” Keira added before she got some paperwork out. “You girls were set to graduate on the twenty sixth of April, right? Well, not anymore! I’m moving your graduation date back to October.” Keira announced and the twins went to protest. “It’s either this or you won’t graduate at all because I gave you the Taylor Parker treatment, choose your next words carefully girls!”

The twins shared another look before accepting their punishment and leaving the office without another word. ”I had better get going to promo class.” Harper said clearly flustered by the whole situation before she went to leave the office.

“I’ll be with you in a few minutes Harper, just need to talk to Jessie first.” Keira responded and Harper glanced over her shoulder before nodding and leaving the room. “I’m guessing you caught on to Harper’s hesitation when she was defending the twins?”

”Yeah, and it doesn’t exactly take a genius to figure out that there’s something more than friendship going on there!” I responded as I shook my head. ”Kata outed herself as a lesbian not long after me and Harper met her and Aniela for the first time, and Harper’s hardly been secretive about the fact that she’s been bi-curious since she caught her boyfriend cheating on her! Real question is, is it just a crush or did something happen between Harper and Kata?”

“I didn’t pick up on any signs that pointed one way or another and I’ve been out of the closet for years, but if something did happen then why the threats?” Keira wondered to herself before shaking her head. “But after the Cassie incident? I’m not taking any chances with my students, either hey iron our their attitude problems or I do that for them, and if that fails?” Keira asked before taking a sip from her drink. “Well, they won’t be students anymore.”

”Yet another reason why I’m against the idea of opening my own school! Frankly I don’t know how you and Roxi handle it, much less places like the Go Gym, Jet City, Hellsgate or Wolfslair!” I added as I let out a deep breath, ”And off course, all of this is happening the same week that I’m challenging Crystal for the title! What is it that the Aussie Krystal says? Fate has a twisted sense of humour?”

“That sounds about right!” Keira nodded in agreement as she gave me a significant look. “And I’m guessing that your Roulette Title match being moved to this week’s Climax Control messed with your plans somewhat?”

”Not to a great extent, I figured I was going to spend the next few weeks hyping up the latest rematch with Crystal, wrestle the odd match here and there, maybe even join commentary for her matches like Ari did last week.” I responded with a frown as I folded my arms and Keira nodded. ”Instead the rematch is Main Eventing this week’s Climax Control and the match at Blaze of Glory will be against the same girl who beat Roxi at Inception VI.”

“If it was against someone else who was in that open invitational match I could at least understand, but whilst the upset win did wonders for Georgie’s stock in SCW she has been inconsistent as demonstrated when her match against Mercedes got cancelled last week.” Keira nodded in agreement as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. “Not exactly the first time I’ve questioned the motives behind the bosses’ actions.”

”And not the only title controversy that emerged from last night’s show, or do I need to remind you of a certain time limit draw?” I asked Keira and she shook her head in response. ”The Blaze of Glory card will be an interesting one as the weeks progress, that much is certain.”

“Agreed, for now though? I had better go attend Harper’s promo class.” Keira responded before she stood up and went to leave the office. “Are you coming with me?”

”I may as well! Better than hanging out in your office for the rest of the morning/afternoon.” I responded before I stood up and followed Keira out of her office.

Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 8th of February 2023, 18:00pm

We’re just over halfway through the week and things have been crazy already.

Following the incident on Monday and the fallout from said incident yesterday the rest of the day went by without much incident as Harper was able to train after her promo class and Kata and Aniela were seemingly scared straight by the meeting with Keira, really the only question that was hanging over my head was whether Kata and Harper had sex at some point before the incident.

If they did and Harper ghosted her afterwards (which was unlike Harp for a number of reasons) then that would go some way towards explaining why they tried that whole stunt but that was ultimately none of my business and I did have a Roulette Title Match to prepare for! And it just so happened that Harper wanted to get some extra reps in to prepare for her upcoming graduation match.

”Okay Harp, I know you’ve come a long way but this won’t be the same as you training with the other girls at Hero Academy.” I said as Harper rolled into the ring and started warming up using the ring ropes. ”For one thing? Even if you take away everything I’ve achieved in an SCW ring I’m still a lot more experienced than any of the trainees you work with!”

”Considering I saw you taking off your Hall of Fame ring? I’d be worried if you weren’t.” Harper joked with a grin and whilst I glanced over at the ring which I had left on the ring apron she did have a point. ”Other than that? I’m ready when you are.” Harper added and I nodded before we started our sparring match, to say that Harper had come a long way since I met her back in October was an understatement and a credit to Keira as a trainer, same went for the other trainers at Hero Academy for that matter, and whilst I was clearly the more experienced off the two Harper had little issue keeping up with me.

After about twenty minutes of sparring I called for a water break and Harper agreed before we left the ring to grab our water bottles. ”You’ve definitely come a long way in a few short months Harp.” I commented before taking a sip of my water bottle and Harper grinned in response. ”Just some kinks top work out over the next couple of months and you’ll be ready for the big time.”

”I’ll admit, I did spend a bit too long trying to perfect my finishers rather than focussing on the basics so that’s probably where I need to iron out the most kinks in my game.” Harper admitted once she had finished her sip and yeah, I had noticed that as well, that tends to happen when a trainee zeroes in on their finishers as early as Harper did and Harper was no exception. ”That said, I have been wondering a couple of things since I got back home from Hero Academy yesterday.”

”I’ve got at least half an hour before Shane puts dinner on so why not?” I asked rhetorically after checking the time on my iPhone. ”Shoot away kid!”

”Okay, would you have been so harsh on the twins as Keira was yesterday?” Harper asked and whilst I was thinking of an answer she moved on to her second question. ”And do you think me and Kata would make for a cute couple?” I chose the exact wrong time to take a sip from my drink when Harp said that and combined with what was implied during the meeting at Hero Academy yesterday I was left wondering if she had spoken to much.

Not like that was going to stop me from answering honestly. ”Honestly Harp? I know the twins are beautiful girls and all but trust me, with their attitudes? You can do a LOT better!” I responded and Harper nodded with a blank expression on her face. ”And no, I would’ve been harsher on the twins if I was in Keira’s shoes, they might not be following through on it but those were some serious threats and they were lucky that Keira showed them mercy.”

”I guess your right on both counts.” Harper admitted with a nod before she motioned to the ring. ”We’ve got some time left before Shane starts dinner, right? Wanna resume sparring?”

”I was hoping you’d say that.” I responded with a grin before we returned to the ring and resumed training.

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 8th of February 2023. 21:00pm

*promo time*

A long time coming.

”Climax Control 282, Las Vegas, Nevada, 18th of October 2020,, to anyone else that was just another pandemic era Climax Control but for me it’s a night that has been playing over and over again in my head for the past two/three years or so, why?” I asked before grinning to myself. ”It was the night that I won the Bombshell Roulette Championship for the fourth time and whilst that reign was cut short by the former champion throwing a temper tantrum and the bosses listening to her whines for some fucking reason, that date still marks the day that I last held a title in SCW! Not for lack of trying mind you because anyone who’s been paying attention to SCW over the past three years knows that I’ve been grinding away to break that drought!” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”That brings us to this Sunday’s Main Event!”

Here we go.

”Two weeks ago I won a #1 Contenders Match for the Bombshell Roulette Title defeating Eaven Maloney to earn the title shot against her sister in law Crystal Zdunich! I thought this match was going to be scheduled for this year’s Blaze of Glory, instead? It’s been scheduled for this Sunday’s show.” I added before shrugging my shoulders. ”You’d think they’d save a title matchlike this for a Supercard but if this means that I get to cut Crystal’s title reign as short as any of my title reigns? So be it!” I stated before grinning broadly. ”Because if there’s one Bombshell who no one wants to see as champion, it's you Crystal!”
A bitter pill that’s hard to swallow.

”There’s been a lot of talk over the years as to which champion won their title because they got lucky or it was a fluke, I know my last reign with the Bombshell Roulette Title has been called a fluke when the truth is Johanna got cocky and it cost her but that’s beside the point! But you Crystal? You’re the first champion in quite some time who can claim that they won the title merely because they got lucky.” I added as I folded my arms. ”Correct me if I’m wrong but you can’t get much luckier than literally winning a title because you fell ass backwards into the parking lot! It’s a shame because I wanted to see Ariana continue to thrive as the champion but no, you couldn’t sit by and let a younger, more talented wrestler steal your spotlight couldn’t you Crystal? The open invitational match was your ticket in and you took advantage of it to take the title for yourself!” I added as I spat to the side. ”All because you’re a self-absorbed bitch who can’t stand anyone but you being in the spotlight!”

At least I’m honest.

”You see Crystal, you’ve fooled yourself into the delusion that you are a changed person, that the Crystal who brutally attacked Chloe Benton is gone, that the Crystal who attacked her wife for a World Bombshell Title Shot is dead and buried, that the La Rosa Ardiente mask is long gone, but the only person you’ve rally fooled is yourself!” I stated as I folded my arms. ”Do you really think you have anyone fooled Crystal? No one else in the Open Invitational fell for your bullshit! I may disagree with Alicia Lukas on many fronts but the one thing we do agree on is that your act got tiresome years ago!” I said as I paced around the ring with a scowl on my face. ”The reason no one buys into your “I’m a better person” bullshit is because you’ve done this before!”

A trip down memory lane.

”I brought this up on Climax Control but you remember our Chamber of Extreme Match Crystal? I remember it well you were a goody two shoes back then as well but once again? No one brought that bullshit and many of our co-workers cheered when I beat the shit out of you.” I said as I formed a fist with the hand that had my Hall of Fame ring on it. ”I wish I could say that I still have the blood-stained brass knuckles from that attack but let’s be honest, that’s not exactly sanitary, isn’t it? But you see what I’ve got on my hand instead, don’t you Crystal? My Hall of Fame ring! When I faced you as La Rosa Ardiente I openly questioned how a blithering idiot like you got into the SCW Hall of Fame before me, only now we’re both in the Hall of Fame, has my opinion changed?” I asked before shaking my head. ”Fuck no!”

Same old, same old.

”Say what you will about some of my antics over the past eleven years, but there’s always been one constant! What you see on your screens when I’m wrestling or filming a seg for Climax Control or a PPV is what you get! I’ve always been myself, for better or fucking worse!” I added as my frown deepened. ”But you Crystal? You were never good enough to stand out from the pack on your own merits, there were Bombshells on the roster who outclassed you in every way even back when you first joined! The only way you ever stayed relevant was to constantly reinvent yourself with stunt after stunt and this latest reinvention is no different!” I added before shaking my head. ”Is this even the real Crystal Caldwell at this point? Or is the real you long gone? Replaced by yet another imposter? No matter who it is I’ll happily kick your ass all over that ring for the Roulette Title!”

It's that simple.

”Or hell, we’ve seen the Roulette Wheel take the participants to some crazy locations, who’s to say that it’d stop there? Karaoke bars, junkyards, swimming pools, strip clubs. No matter where the wheel takes us I will kick your ass so hard that it causes you to develop a whole new personality if it means winning a title that I’ve long been denied a lengthy reign with!” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”I may be thirty three but when I take the title from you Crystal I’ll prove that I can hold it just as long as some of the young whippersnappers that have held it in the three years since I’ve last held that title! Maybe I’ll break the Aussie Krystal’s record in the process? Who knows? But what I do know is this, this Sunday’s Main Event will ask one important question!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“Who Is The True Legend? A hard working, dedicated yet cynical metal chick who is late into a career that was revitalized last year? Or the ultimate attention whore who couldn’t stand the thought of anyone but her being in the spotlight?”” I asked before leaving the ring and walking up the camera. ”That’s the question we’re going to answer this Sunday in the Main Event of Climax Control 352 Crystal and the answer is as clear as day o anyone who’s hair dye hasn’t started seeping into their brain yet, it’ll be the metal chick who’s about to end a three year title drought by striking the attention whore like blood lightning! I’ll see you in the ring Crystal, keep that title warm for me!”

I left the home gym as the scene fades.