Author Topic: “Christmas Cheer is in Short Supply.”  (Read 850 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Christmas Cheer is in Short Supply.”
« on: December 07, 2022, 06:16:37 PM »
(Keira was used with permission from her handler)

To say that Jessie’s match against Mercedes Vargas didn’t go as planned was an understatement as not only did Jessie lose to the Argentinian Bombshell but she did so moments after her younger cousin Harper Mason was attacked by Melissa! Jessie would get her revenge the following week on Climax Control interfering in Melissa’s non-title match against Masque after the referee had been knocked loopy.

Tensions were undoubtedly high between Jessie and Melissa heading into the Tie-Breaker Match but first? Jessie was in action on the final show of the year aptly named “Winter Wonderslam” where she was taking on another Bombshell who had challenged Ariana Angelos for the Bombshell Roulette Title, Seleana Zdunich! There was a lot of talk about who would challenge Ariana at Inception VI and Seleana, who had challenged Ari twice, was a name in top contention and a win here would certainly cement the Swedish Bombshell’s name! But can Jessie win?

Hero Academy Parking Lot, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 6th of December 2022, 16:00pm

Sometimes I think that youth is wasted on the stubborn! I should know, I was stubborn as all hell when I first arrived in SCW ten years ago.

But aside from that? I’m beginning to think that my stubbornness is rubbing off on Harper! Everyone saw Melissa’s attack on Harper two weeks ago on Climax Control, something that is lucky to not be suspended for I might add, but what you haven’t been privy too is Harper’s attitude in the immediate aftermath of that attack! She was discharged two days after the attack with instructions from her doctor that she should take it easy and wait until the new year rolled around before she picked up from where she left off.

I’ll give you a wild guess as to what she did instead! She went back to Hero Academy almost immediately and she initially took it easy, then Cassie won her first two titles within days of each other!

As happy as I am for Cass, it didn’t take a genius to figure out that her success had lit a fire under the backsides of the other trainees at Hero Academy, Harper included, that culminated in a match between Harper and Fayth Kross that, according to Keira, exposed the fact that Harper was trying to train through an injury and after refusing to relax the kid got put on the injured reserve list and I’m here to pick her up.

Why me and not her parents? Because Harper’s parents work 9-5 jobs and I don’t! And when I explained the situation to them, they were happy to let me pick her up on their behalf.

Speaking off the kid………

“I’m telling you Keira! I can still go!” I looked up from my phone upon hearing Harper’s frustrated voice and saw Harper arguing with her trainer as Keira was marching Harper out of the building. “Fayth got in a lucky shot, that’s it!”

“Harper, you may be one of my best students off the current class but don’t insult my intelligence.” Keira warned her as Harper turned to face her trainer. “You were working at half speed in your sparring match against Fayth, even those kicks you threw at the punching bag were a lot sloppier than they should’ve been considering your Taekwondo background! I’m putting you on the injured reserve list until the second week of the New Year and that’s final!”

”Trouble in paradise?” I asked the pair and they looked up to see me walking up to them. ”Because I can’t say that I’m thrilled about having my training for the match against Seleana interrupted by this!”

“Sorry Jessie but this was the only way we could get Harper to stop pushing herself.” Keira sighed as she turned to me and I nodded as I got the idea. “Harper initially did some light workouts and drills after she returned from injury but after Cassie’s title win? She tried to get back into the ring way before she was ready! And she somehow convinced Fayth to go against my orders.”

“I could’ve taken her down if not for that lucky shot!” Harper insisted and I just shook my head. “Besides, Jessie gets to wrestle every other week and she’s made no secret of her nagging injuries.”

”Kid? I’m at the point of my career where my nagging injuries are a basic fact of life, you’re not even out of training school yet, we are not the same!” I responded with a frown as I folded my arms and Harper turned to face me. ”You’ve still got the rest of your life and career in front of you, me and Keira don’t want it to go to waste because you caused yourself a career ending injury from pushing yourself too hard and that’s putting it nicely!”

“You’ll thank us for this one day, trust me on that.” Keira added and Harper let out a frustrated sigh upon realizing that she was in a losing battle. “As I explained to you in my office, your on the injured reserve list until the second week of January, and I will only let you train again if you get the all-clear from my medical staff, understood?”

“Understood.” Harper sighed when she saw the look on Keira’s face. “But what the hell am I supposed to do in the meantime? I know I’m taking up the guitar but I can’t practice that around the clock!”

”If you want to get good at guitar? You will practice often, but since we don’t want you to get Repetitive Strain Injury on top of everything else? I’ll find you something to do.” I responded and Harper nodded before getting in the passenger seat of the car and closing the door behind her. ”I feel like I should apologize for her behaviour Keira, if I had never taken her to that episode of Climax Control none of this would’ve happened.”

“You had no way of knowing that Melissa would do that, but I see what you mean.” Keira nodded sympathetically as she glanced over at Harper. “It’s like I said, Harper’s been Hero Academy’s best student since Cassie was training here, but I had to put my foot down before she made her injuries any worse.”

”I haven’t even let the kid use my home gym since she was attacked for that reason, otherwise this would’ve been caught sooner.” I admitted with a nod before I let out a sigh. ”Want me to slowly ease her back into training as the weeks pass? Keep you updated on Harper’s progress?”

“I was going to suggest that anyway, much as she needs to rest I don’t want Harper to spend the first few weeks back shaking off any ring rust.” Keira nodded in response before I made my way over to the driver’s side. “Besides that? After Cassie’s success, we’ve gotten a wave of new applications, I’m going to be busy setting them up for orientation.”

”So Harper’s essentially being held back a class because of her injuries?” I asked Keira and she nodded after a moment’s hesitation. ”If I don’t see you at Winter Wonderslam, have a good Christmas Keira.”

“You too Jessie.” Keira nodded before she returned to her gym and I got in the driver’s side seat and turned to Harper.

It was obvious that, as right as me and Keira were to do this, the situation had upset Harper quite a bit, and once again I felt my motherly instincts kick in. ”If you want we can stop by your favourite ice Cream shop on the way back.” I offered Harper and she briefly glanced up as she let her guard down. ”I’ll even let you chose the music.” I added as I motioned to my car’s dashboard and Harper’s expression lightened up a bit.

“So long as we don’t talk about that argument, I won’t complain.” Harper responded before she got her phone out and started playing some Deathcore through her Spotify account.

Was I really that stubborn when I was Harper’s age? I’ll have to ask Jake when I get back, but first? We needed to get back!

Lappert’s Icer Cream, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 6th of December 2022, 16:30pm

Good thing Harper had been to this place a few times because I doubt I had ever found it on my own, still once we had made our choices and sat down we got to chatting.

“I guess there’s one benefit to being put on medical leave from Hero Academy.” Harper sighed as I made myself comfortable opposite her. “It’s that this place is usually closed by the time I leave Hero Academy.”

”Well, that and you getting a chance to rest properly.” I responded as I shook my head and Harper rolled her eyes. ”Look, you’re a smart kid but I still can’t figure out why you thought you could keep up that ruse forever, your trainers would’ve caught on eventually.” I pointed out and Harper sighed as she rested her hand on her chin.

“Who said it was a ruse? I honestly thought I’d be able to work through the injuries and come out stronger once the dust was settled.” Harper admitted and I started to think back over the past two cycles. “Instead? I got hit with one lucky shot from a trainee who doesn’t even have a fraction of my talent and Keira hit the panic button almost immediately.”

”First off, don’t diss your fellow trainees like that, Fayth’s working just as hard as you to be the best wrestler can be and I know you’re better than that!” I chastised her and Harper lowered her head in shame as she realized that I was right. ”And that’s saying nothing off the attitude you’ve had since the attack, or do I need to remind you of that “Fayth’s sex toy” comment you directed at Skylar?”

“Those two had been total bitches to me ever since Keira caught them fucking in a wrestling ring.” Harper responded and I made a mental note to thank whoever was watching this scene that there were no kids within earshot of Harper. “What was I supposed to do? Sit there and take it whilst not standing up for myself?!”

”Standing up for yourself is one thing, slut shaming a lesbian couple is another and yes, their actions were disgusting, it doesn’t make that comment right.” I responded and Harper let out a deep breath before she leaned back in her chair. ”You remember that dream match Roxi had at Climax Control #341?”

“The one against Stacy Jones? What about it?” Harper asked and I paused to consider my answer.

”Stacy’s a hell of a wrestler but that dream match could’ve easily never happened for one reason, I don’t know all the details but earlier this year she suffered a potentially career ending injury.” I explained to Harper who nodded as she started to get the idea. ”She’s made a complete recovery but in my experience? Nine times out of ten, if an injury has the potential to end a career, it does.”

“Now that you mention it, I remember a few girls had to drop out of my high school wrestling team because they got injured, but it was more often that they found out the sport wasn’t for them and tried something else.” Harper admitted with a shrug and I had to admit, that sounded about right, and it went double for professional wrestling too. “But I’m worried that by the time I do get back to Hero Academy after being cleared that I’ll have to spend at least a couple of months having to work off the ring rust!”

”Keira’s already thought of that, she asked me to slowly ease you back into training as the month went on.” I informed Harper and she grinned in response. ”Speaking of training, are those Polish girls behaving themselves?”

“Well, they managed to have a sparring match with Fayth and Skylar that didn’t end with a broken nose so that’s progress at least.” Harper joked and I had a good laugh at that one. “Seriously though, once it became clear that Keira wasn’t going to let me return to Hero Academy until I was medically cleared I warned them that I wouldn’t be around to have their backs for the rest of the year, I asked Zoey to keep me updated when she isn’t going to England with Cassie.”

”And I’m sure Keira will have words for them if they do misbehave.” I responded before I let out a sigh. ”Look kid, I know you hate this situation but we ultimately have your best interest at heart, getting time to rest your injuries will mean the difference between having a long and storied career once you graduate and having a career cut short due to injury.”

“I know! It just sucks because outside of guitar? I’ll have nothing to do for the next month or so.” Harper sighed in frustration and I shook my head. “And yeah, I know Hero Academy would’ve broken for the holidays, this year it’s closing on the 18th and reopening on the 2nd.”

”Trust me kid, we’ll find something for you to do in the meantime! Now, shall we go order?” I asked and Harper grinned before we went up to place our orders.

Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 7th of December 2022, 16:00pm

If nothing else, Harper was in better spirits today than she was when I picked her up from Hero Academy yesterday, but the past day or so had confirmed one thing, it wasn’t just her wrestling or music taste that was causing me to see a lot of myself in Harper, and I’m not saying that because we’re related through my biological mother either.

What I mean is that if Harper’s any indication? Then my stubborn streak runs in the family, hell she’s acting a lot like I did when I was her age, stubbornness, and all.

Off course, it was my stubbornness that set me on my current path because, much like Harper, my family was against the idea of me pursuing wrestling as a career, if Keira hadn’t literally marched Harper out of Hero Academy yesterday then I fear that she would’ve pushed herself to far and made her injuries worse, and given how young she is, both as a person and a wrestler? Yeah, any injury at this point had the potential to be life changing and not for the better.

But she is showing an interest in other stuff, like cooking off all things!

“Okay Harp, if your serious about learning how to cook food perfectly you’ve come to the right place.” Shane informed my teenaged cousin as she joined him in the kitchen and I watched on from the dining table, turned out that Harper’s present from her parents (aside from her other guitars) was being made to find her own place in the New Year and whilst me, Jake and Shane were more than happy to help her with that, we did want to make sure she knew the basics, starting with cooking, “Without having to pay an arm and a leg to go to culinary school I mean!”

“Yeah, sending me to Hero Academy cost my parents enough money as it is, I think culinary school on top of that would be a step too far.” Harper admitted as she watched Shane get his equipment and seasoning’s out. “Plus I’ve heard enough student loan horror stories to turn me off that idea entirely! Including from my own mom!”

”Don’t even get me started on that student loan bullshit, it would my argument with your parents after the attack seem pleasant!” I responded with an annoyed sigh and Harper and Shane quickly nodded in agreement. ”But yeah, even though he has no culinary training, Shane is an excellent cook! He’s even applied to compete on MasterChef a couple of times.”

“Namely Seasons 6 and 7, in hindsight I don’t know if I could’ve competed with Shaun but after two failed applications I gave up on that idea.” Shane added before he went over to the fridge to see what was available. “So Harp, how do you like your steaks?”

“Medium Rare or bust.” Harper responded with a grin as Shane got out a pair of big ribeye steaks that he had gotten from our local butcher. “Starting me off on steaks huh?”

“Steaks are easy to cook well and fuck up in equal measure but if you can nail a perfect medium rare by cooking alongside me then the rest should be a breeze.” Shane added before he turned his attention back to me. “Jess, we’re going to be a bit busy over here, you mind preparing a side dish.”

”I’ll see what I can do but there’s a reason why you’re the cook in this house Shane.” I responded before I went over to the fridge to see what was in it. ”Mushrooms, spinach, ricotta, prawns. I hope your idea isn’t for me to do a ravioli because that’s the only dish that’s coming to mind as I look at this stuff.”

“Don’t worry, I know ravioli’s not exactly your forte, there’s a garlic and herb compound butter in the side draw, grab that and the prawns and we can make this a surf and turf dish.” Shane instructed me and once I saw what he was referring too I grabbed the two items. “I’ve got enough veg for the side over here so close the fridge door for now.”

”Wil do.” I responded before I used my shoulder to close the fridge door and before long I was cooking my prawns alongside their steaks. ”These are pretty big prawns how many do you want per serving?”

“Two per serving should be plenty.” Shane responded after seeing how big the prawns were, after a while the meal was coming along well with Harper following Shane’s directions as well as she could. “So, how was the training going before the attack?”

“It was going well, and then the attack happened.” Harper responded with a frustrated sigh as she gave her steak a flip. “I still maintain that Fayth got a lucky shot in and that Keira hit the panic button as a major overreaction.”

”Not getting into that again Harper, but I trust the word of a veteran like Keira a lot more than I trust someone who isn’t even out of training school yet.” I responded as I shook my head and Harper rolled her eyes. ”This will be for your own good in the long run, trust me!”

“Sooner I can get back to training, the better.” Harper grumbled under her breath and me and Shane shared a look before we continued to cook the dinner.

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas Nevada
Thursday the 8th of December 2022, 11:00am

*promo time*

Merry fucking Christmas!

”It’s supposed to be the season to be jolly, right?” I asked as I paced around the ring with my arms crossed. ”You know? Christmas is right around the corner and all? Well, I haven’t had much to be Jolly about! I lost my Roulette Title Match again Ari, what was meant to be my rubber match against Melissa ended up being our second match in the trilogy, my cousin Harper got attacked by Melissa to get to me in a tactic so successful that it cost me a match against Mercedes Vargas and to top it all off? This year in general has been a bad one for me, but I can at least cap it off by beating a former Bombshell Roulette and World Bombshell Champion, right Seleana?”

Clash of the former champions.

”That’s right, my last match of 2022 is against the woman I pinned to secure my title shot against Andrea Hernandez at the beginning of the year, funny how that works out!” I commented before shaking my head. ”Seleana this isn’t our first meeting, first one on one meeting in a while? Sure, but we’re wrestled before and most of the time? You found a way to come out on top! What’s going to change this time? Because I already know that having this.” I added before holding up my hand with my Hall of Fame ring on it. ”Doesn’t automatically mean that I’m going to win every match I get booked in, just ask Ari and Mercedes!”

About that………

”Speaking of our resident Greek American Champion, there’s been some chatter over who her first challenger of 2022 will be! Now, looking at this match, I could see either of us getting the nod because we’re both former Roulette Champions.” I admitted as I brushed some haor over my shoulder. ”But on the other hand? We’ve both had our shots against Ari, two in your case, and she’s beaten us both so maybe the bosses have a fresh challenger in mind for Ari? We won’t know that until Sunday Night off course but a win here for either of us would possibly put us in contention, wouldn’t it?”

Who needs it more?

”If that is the case Seleana then we need to ask ourself one question, who would benefit more from another shot at Ari? Me, who hasn’t held a title since 2020 or you who also hasn’t held a title since 2020 but has had far more success in terms of long title reigns?!” I asked as I leaned on the ring ropes before shaking my head. ”On the other hand? I’m in no hurry to repeat the debacle that surrounded the Bombshell Roulette Title at High Stakes XII and I’m sure Ari’s in agreement, does that that I’m going to let you get the win so I can focus on Melissa?”

What do you think?

”Hell no! There’s a better chance of The Troll winning a beauty pageant after putting on his girlfriend’s makeup, a wig and his mom’s favourite dress!” I added before shuddering a bit. ”If I’ve just given my viewers nightmares with that mental image, sorry! Trust me when I say that I’m suffering for that sentence as well! But back to less horrifying mental images and yes, I know that bar’s so low to the ground that you could step over it!” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”To make a long story short Seleana? I have too much pride to let anyone get the better of me without me putting up a fight first! Mercedes was lucky that she faced me after Harper’s attack but since Harper won’t be attending Climax Control for a while? You won’t have that on your side!”

Whether she wants such an advantage though?

”But you see Seleana, this is why your marriage to Christina is so damn baffling! Christina will literally use every dirty trick under the sun to stay relevant, up to and including attacking you to get in the World Bombshell Title scene, you on the other hand? Since you joined SCW in 2018 you’ve shown yourself to be an honourable competitor, even during that time where Christina practically gift wrapped the Bombshell Roulette Title for you! It’s commendable for sure but I have a question, does it leave you without a killer instinct?”

It's that simple.

”You haven’t held a title since your Roulette Title Reign ended, not for lack of trying off course because you’ve been someone the bosses view as a person they can rely on as a good first challenger for any new champion and that was when you didn’t earn those shots in matches, but you haven’t been able to pull the trigger on any of those shots.” I stated before making a hand gun gesture with my hand and imitating the action of firing a bullet, even blowing away the imaginary smoke for effect. ”Same can be said for me admittedly, but my exploits in pursuit of a title have gone down in infamy over the years I have the killer instinct in me to get the job done Seleana, something you surely lack!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”I’ll be the first to admit that Christmas Cheer is in Short Supply hear at the Salco household, you try keeping a cheery façade after a teenaged relative was just attacked, but getting the win on the last show of the year would definitely get me on the right track for 2023 and Seleana? As much as I respect you, you’re the only one standing in my way of that goal!” I said before I left the ring and walked up to the camera. ”Way I see it Seleana? Either you get the fuck out of my way or be struck like Blood Lightning courtesy of the SCW Hall of Famer Jessie Salco! Either way? I’ll see you in the ring!”

I left my home gym as the scene fades.