Author Topic: A Tale of Two Cities  (Read 813 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
A Tale of Two Cities
« on: November 25, 2022, 11:59:24 PM »
A Tale of Two Cities
Weekend Before Thanksgiving

Things in the world of Milo has been hectic as of late. With everything going on with Carter, the Brit found himself spending a lot of time traveling back and forth between New York and Las Vegas. Typically Miles would have just kept himself out in Vegas but business called him back to the east coast, business that he had started a while ago.

“I cannot believe that you are moving out already!” Dickie Watson said as Miles was walking around what has been strictly his room for the last few months, “It just felt like you got here.”

“Mate, I know. But when Finn offered, I made it known that it was strictly temporary until I had the chance to find my own place,” Miles smirked as he dropped some shirts into one of the many boxes, “Besides, it’s not like I’m going far, only a few floors down.”

“Yeah, when you are actually in town.”

“Hey, it was either this or torture Kayla til the end of the year and I have been so shitlagged going back and forth, my ducking game isn’t as strong as her arm.” Miles laughed as he shoved the box across the bed, “Trust me, mate, I’m better off.”

“If you say so,” Dickie mumbles, “What about when you’re in Vegas, which right now is practically every other weekend, are you just gonna keep crashing at K and Aron’s?”

“Actually I got that one worked out as well.” Miles says as Dickie gives him a look, “Let’s just say I’ve been saving my pennies and if need be there will be other places to crash out besides a hotel room.”

Miles grabs one of the boxes and Dickie follows suit to help, “What did you do?”

“I just solved a problem about me sleeping on the floor and having to hear Aron snoring. I wonder if I should tell Zoey that,” Miles quipped, “But I look at it this way, I’m not going to leave Wolfslair but I’m seeing writing on the wall about all this time I’ve begun spending out there and it would be nice to have a whole place or now places to call my own. I’m not gonna be out there all the time but sometimes it’s just nice to kick my feet up for a few days at one or the other but not be a colossal hindrance to people that are allowing me to crash. Time for me to grow up.”

“If you say so, but still doesn’t mean that I’m gonna miss having you around here.”

“Awww, I didn’t know you cared.” Miles said, putting his arm around him, “Don’t worry, I’ll still be around to help you irritate the hell out of Kayla on a regular basis and help ya make your brother feel uncomfortable whenever you need me to.”

“I knew I could count on ya, mate.” Watson said, slapping Miles on the shoulder, “Come on, let’s get this shit down there.”

“Yeah, I need to rest up before I fly out again. I’ve been invited out that way by Ari and the crew, my first real American Thanksgiving.”

“Wait, you’ve been over here regularly for what, now, 3 years?”

“Give or take.”

Dickie tips his head, “And you’re going because?”

“Because amazing food, good company...”

“And Carter?”

Miles gets what Watson is trying to do, he’s not gonna fall for it, “I mean it’d be nice to check in on him, make sure that Kristijan hasn’t maimed him more, plus it wouldn’t hurt to give him a little break from all that, I’m sure.”

“Miles...” Dickie lets out a sigh, “Are you sure that’s it?”

Miles stops and turns on a dime, “Don’t.”

“I’m just sayin’!” he says following him out.

“Well unsay it!”

Big, Dumb Idiot
Las Vegas, Nevada

“There isn’t a day that goes by where I go back and think about High Stakes and what I could have done differently.”

Night time has fallen across Vegas on the night of Thanksgiving, Miles can’t help but sit back away from everyone watching as Carter interacts with his mom and grandmother, them helping clean up after Ari’s grand meal that had knocked him out for a good hour. But for now he just watches.

“Bill Barnhart became the SCW Roulette Champion for a second time that night because I got ahead of myself. I let my own head and my own feelings of a situation that was out of my control. You knew exactly what to say, how to say it and at the end of the day, you beat me.”

Miles sighs and reaches over and grabs a deviled egg from a plate he’s been hiding. He looks around before taking the egg in one bite and swallowing it almost whole.

“I admitted it before, you got me and I don’t know part of me wonders if we should go back and try again but something a little bit more different. A little bit more wild. Don’t think that I have forgotten and I won’t forget. You managed to piss off a whole lot of people and look like the biggest fucking joke that the SCW Roulette Division has but you are the champ! Your a chump champ and no one is going to remember this reign because you have managed to make it even worse.”

A wild look shows in Miles’ blue-green eyes.

“Mate, you keep fuckin’ coming against Wolfslair. You beat me once, congratulations. I know you feel like you were one step up, but look at what ya did. Ya went out there and you made a fool outta yourself.”

A chuckle crosses his lips before he munches on another deviled egg.

“Finn kicked ya ass, and after what what happened at the High Stakes, you’ve got a reckonin’ comin’.”

He deeply inhales and looks forward.

“I’m gonna follow through and prove that I’m the better man, the better wrestler, the better fighter, a better fucking champion, and mate, we all know I’m the more attractive one cause I didn’t need a mail order bride to come out and manage me. I take care of my own business.”

He blinks and his eyes grow stone-cold.

“I’m getting back what is rightfully mine.”