Author Topic: Brothers In Arms Chapter 4: Therapy Part 2  (Read 835 times)

Offline Jack Washington

• View Profile
    • Jack Washington
Brothers In Arms Chapter 4: Therapy Part 2
« on: November 25, 2022, 11:58:59 PM »
Prologue:

Jack was successful at High Stakes defeating Mac Bane, and looks to be back on track. Jack was very upset about a “lack of respect” from SCW regarding the match and it doesn’t look to Jack that he’s getting the respect he feels he deserves. Jack now goes into battle against Fenris, and it appears even the smallest things are annoying Jack to no end. He appears to be seeing injustice and disrespect from every single angle. But if it works as motivation, then perhaps it’s just what Jack needs at this point. Or it could lead to some overly aggressive behavior.

Outside the ring, Jack has entered therapy as he tries to piece together why he is, the way he is. There is much about his past that is still yet to be revealed. Jack is on a journey of self-discovery it seems, and now, we delve deeper into what makes this man tick.

--

Las Vegas Therapy

Las Vegas, NV

He still wasn’t comfortable. But it was growing on him. He merely sat as he waited for his appointment time. The dead silence this time wasn’t as bad. It still bothered him, thought. He waited patiently for his name to be called, once again. 

Receptionist: Mr. Washington, Dr. Linderman will see you now.

He stood up and marched into the hallway, once again Dr. Linderman was right there to greet him.

Dr. Linderman: Jack, it’s good to see you.

He again stuck out his hand for a handshake, but still, no dice from Jack.

Jack: Doc.

Dr. Linderman: I see we’re still working on the trust. It’s okay, it’ll come in time.

Jack: If you say so.

Dr. Linderman: Let’s go have a seat in the office, shall we?

Jack: Sure.

He led Jack to the office, and Jack once again sat on the couch. He pulled out a notepad and sat down again in the chair across from Jack.

Dr. Linderman: So, Jack, I know last time we talked about your criminal past. I don’t know if ripping off drug dealers was the best choice in life.

Jack: It’s not like I had much of a choice.

Dr. Linderman: Well certainly you had some choice in the matter.

Jack: Not really.

Dr. Linderman: Nobody forced you to become a criminal, Jack. That’s a choice you made. Nobody can make you pull a trigger or speak a lie. It’s a thought you put into it. I mean, your whole family isn’t involved in crime, is it?

Jack: No. Not... anymore.

Dr. Linderman: Meaning?

Jack: That was the life for us. My brother Jason went away to the Army and he got out. The rest of us weren’t so lucky. But my father made that lifestyle seem like it was worth everything. It WAS everything. We didn’t have to worry about school or working. We only worked when we wanted to. We had the money to do whatever we wanted. Why would we be normal like everybody else? That didn’t make sense.

Dr. Linderman: And does it make sense now?

Jack: If only for the fact that maybe I wouldn’t have so many enemies. But I only used that money to buy a house, and a car. The rest of it is just sitting there. 

Dr. Linderman: Why not use it if you have it?

Jack: It’s kind of like a condom, Doc. I’d rather have it and not need it, then need it and not have it.

Dr. Linderman: But that was the plan, wasn’t it?

Jack: It was. Before everything went sideways. Now, I’m an outcast. I can’t go back to where I was born. I can never go back. There’s a damn price on my head, and luckily for me, the last guy got turned off. But everything I had, isn’t there anymore. But that wasn’t my fault. It was my dad’s fault. He got us all involved. And we paid the price for it.

--

Philadelphia, PA.

9 years ago.

Flashback to a younger Jack now walking with a different person. Not Bobby, but a similar look to Jack. He appears older, and is taller. He carries a wad of cash in his hand, the two appear very pleased with themselves. Jack for once has a giant smile on his face, looking at the money.

Jack: Can you believe this? What a score.

Kid: This is how this game goes little bro. 

Jack: Dad’s gonna be so proud of this, Josh. We’re really in this now.

Josh: Yeah, for real.

The sounds of sirens wail in the distance. Josh casually puts his wad of bills in his hoodie pockets and the two walk casually, but change direction heading towards the sound of the sirens, rather than away from them. Soon, the two squad cars come roaring past, and Jack and Josh watch them fly by, but continue on their way. Once the cars make a turn, Jack and Josh change direction again, back the way they were originally going. Then two more squad cars appear behind them and lights and sirens blare to stop them. 

Jack: Shit.

Josh: Be cool.

And officer approaches them, flashlight out to get a better look.

Officer: Where are you boys headed?

Josh: Home, officer, just a couple of blocks from here.

Officer: It’s a little late to be walking these streets.

Josh: I just had to pick up by kid brother from a sitter. That’s all.

Officer: You boys got any ID?

The two boys hand over their student ID’s and the cop’s partner appears and he is handed them.

Officer: We’ll just check on you and if it all checks out, we’ll send you on your way.

The long impatience hits as it seems to take forever for the ID’s to be checked. Finally the second cop comes back and hands the Jack’s ID’s over. He whispers to the first cop and stands next to his partner.

Officer: Joshua, you’re going to have to come with us.

Josh: For what? I didn’t do anything!

Officer: Don’t make this hard on yourself, Please, just come with us. 

Josh: I ain’t going nowhere until you tell me what I did wrong!

Officer: Someone just called in a robbery, big name, and you’re on surveillance camera. Or, at least a person matching your description. 

Jack: We didn’t do anything! You got the wrong guys!

The officer hears Jack’s words and shakes his head.

Officer: I didn’t say it was two people. 

Josh: Don’t you fucking touch him.

Officer: Boys, don’t make this hard on yourself.

Jack: Don’t worry Josh, I’ll call Dad. He’ll make it right.

The second officer moves around to try and handcuff Josh, but he makes his move. From his hoodie, he pulls a pistol and shoots. The first officer is hit in the chest, and Jack and Josh turn to run. Jack has a cell phone in hand and he starts dialing. The two sprint as return fire whizzes past them.

Josh: Run!

The two start hopping fences until Josh cries out in pain. He’s hit. Shot through the back. He falls down, trying to get up, and Jack looks down at him.

Jack: Josh!

Josh simply turns and angrily fires shots in the cops direction. Jack reaches down and helps Josh up and carries him. His phone still up to the his ear as he runs with Josh. There phone rings and rings, but no one answers. Jack ends that call and dials another number.

Jack: Uncle Brian! Come quick, the cops are on us. Josh got shot!.... I DON’T KNOW... Meadows lane! 

Jack hangs up as he can hear Josh wheezing. He carries him fully, on his shoulders, and they duck down into multiple alleyways and nooks and crannies trying to elude the pursuit. Josh’s wheezing and breathing become more and more labored.

Jack: Don’t worry bro, I got you. Brian is coming.

Jack is able to get Josh as the sirens are still waiting in the distance but become softer in the distance. Jack stops to take a breather as Josh continues to wheeze. Jack looks down at him.

Jack: Shit. Okay, just stay with me man. 

He checks the bullet wound and from Josh’s breathing and lack of communication, Jack knows he’s dying. The sirens pick up again in the distance.

Jack: We gotta go.

Jack picks up Jason again, as the squad car peels into sight, but Jack and Josh are hidden for the moment, Josh starts moaning as the car slows down, spotlight beaming to search the alleyways. Jack tries to make a move, but is spotted carrying Josh and the officer flags them down, gun drawn, ready at a moment’s notice.

Officer #2: FREEZE! RIGHT THERE!

Jack thinks a second about running. But stops. He looks angry and tears well up in his eyes.

Jack: They shot him man. He needs to get to the hospital.

Officer #2: You ran. We’re going to get him help, but your both coming with me.

The second officer approaches slowly, gun still aimed at Jack as he reaches for his radio with the second hand.

Officer #3: Dispatch I’m going to need some assistance here, and medical in route to Meadows lane.

The officer reaches for his cuffs, but a gun barrel comes against his head, and Brian shoots the officer dead.

He looks over at Jack carrying Josh, and assists.

Brian: We don’t have time, come on!

Brian and Jack assit Josh into the car and they get in and peel out. Josh moans and wheezes in the backseat.

Brian: What the FUCK is going on?

Jack: They stopped us! Josh shot one of them and they shot him.

Brian: God dammit. Where’s he hit?

Jack: I don’t know, the back. He’s not right, we have to get him to the hospital!

Brian: We don’t have that ability anymore. We need to get you and him to a safe place!

Jack: He’s going to die!

Brian: You father fucked up a lot of things tonight! Okay! We don’t have the ability!

Jack looks up at Brian, who glances over at him. Jack looks in the backseat and Josh’s breathing is wheezing, but slowed a great deal. Brian drives and pulls up to a house Jack had never seen before. They pull in, and pulls Josh out and Brian simply opens the door, rather than knocking, and there is one man in the house.

Man: Whoa, what the fuck is going on?!

Brain: He’s hit. It’s bad.

Man: Shit, come on, the table.

Jack and Brian lay Josh on the table and pull up his clothes to examine the wound.

Man: Jesus... They hit a lung. He’s gotta get to a hospital.

Brian: We’re not exactly hospital friendly right now.

Man: I can’t do anything for him. 

Jack: Uncle Brian... come on.

Brian: If he goes to the hospital, they’re going to arrest him. He shot a fucking cop. We don’t have the option right now.

Man: If you don’t get this kid to a hospital, he’s going to die. 

Brian paces for a few seconds. 

Brian: Help me with him. 

The three men loads Josh into the backseat, which is covered in blood.

Brian: Watch him, I’ll be back.

Brian gets in the car and peels out.

--

Las Vegas Therapy

Las Vegas, NV

Present day

Dr. Linderman: And that’s... how it went.

Jack: Yeah.

Dr. Linderman: And Josh?

Jack: He died. Things were supposed to be easy.

Dr. Linderman: You... going to be alright, Jack?

Jack: I don’t know Doc. I don’t know.

--

On Camera:

Click.

Jack is up, and he is pacing, he looks even more frustrated, annoyed, and angry than usual. He seems to have worked himself up into a frenzy, and he’s coming in hot.

Jack: You know, just when I thought the disrespect would be over, it’s not. I thought I made it perfectly clear last time against Mac Bane. I really thought I made the message easy enough to understand. I thought that after High Stakes, everyone in SCW would understand that I speak the truth, and some god damn respect should be put on my name. I get yet another proverbial kick in the balls from this place. 

It’s unbelievable just how I am treated like a god damn afterthought in this company that I have elevated from terrible, boring ass champions with god complexes and as soon as I turn my back another one pops up like a god damn pimple. And you all act like I don’t fucking exist for some stupid ass reason. 

First off, you call Mac Bane “great” Like, no. He’s not fucking great. As was evidenced by me, beating his ass, yet again. You called this man great, and I beat him. Am I, not greater? Am I not the best if that’s the case? Or are you just fucking wrong? But you just don’t just call him great, you wanna act like, I’m an also-ran or some shit. Like my accomplishments aren’t recognized for some god damn reason. But I figure, I make the message clear, I beat Mac Bane’s ass, yet again, and finally, I’m start getting the respect I am deserved of. 

BUT. FUCKING. NO

Oh no, we can’t say, the truth. We can’t say, that Mac got his ass kicked, and Jack Washington beat him, and Jack Washington is everything he says he is. Oh, no! That would be too hard to swallow apparently. We can tell the people the truth about this whole thing, of fucking course not! 

No, no, last week, it was put out there for everybody, that, Mac Bane, and I quote “suffered, a setback as High Stakes.”

A. FUCKING. SETBACK?!

That’s what I am now? I’m just a “setback” for people? I’m the fucking spoiler? Is that it? Really? Fucking really? Wow! Wow that is amazing! I’m only out here, leading this god damn company. I'm only making the main event scene, or, if we’re being real here, EVERY scene in this company worth watching. But NO! I’m just a setback. It was a fucking upset that I beat Mac Bane! It must have been! It really must have been! 

This is some bullshit, and you all know it!

And then, I mean, where was my praise in the match preview this week? Where was it? Why wasn’t it put in the match preview, that I beat Mac Bane, at High Stakes? Why wasn’t that written about? Why wasn’t that mentioned? This is where we are now, isn’t it? This is where we are. Cool. Ya’ll wanna keep playing these games? You wanna keep playing with me like this? Cool. 

You know, the funny part right now? Sin City Wrestling, doesn’t even list me on their active roster. Yeah, go have a look for yourselves. It’s like they’re doing it to actively piss me off, and erase me. There are guys on this roster page, that don’t even show up. There are guys on that page that wrestle 4 times a year. But me? Former 2-time World champion? Internet champion? The single most real thing in this damn company? 

“Nah, we don’t need to put him there. He won’t notice. He’s been on a hiatus and we took him off for being on hiatus.”

This is how you treat, the face of this franchise? It’s unreal. So, cool you know what? That is how we’re going to play this then. I’m going to rub it in everybody’s face when I beat all of your hand-picked champions. Those people that you want to call great. 

Is Fenris great? Is he great too? He must be. He must be the best thing since slice bread. So what’s it going to be, when I beat him too? 

Jack gives an exasperated sigh, and a shrug. He looks like he is searching for answers, and begins again.

Jack: Fenris, look man, I’m gonna be real with you, I don’t give a flying fuck about you. I’m sure you’ve got the whole thing with the hat, and the abs, and whatever fucking else you have going, but I don’t care. I mean, why should you be ahead of me in any way shape or form? Why Fenris? Because you have a cool nickname? White Wolf. Is that it? It sounds like a character in a stupid Dungeons and Dragons game or some D-List Comic book superhero that some move studio will pump out in 2025 when they reach the bottom of the barrel. I’m sure it sounds cool to all those 8 year olds who think you’re cool. But to a grown man, it’s a dumb nickname. Do people actually call you that in real-life conversations? Hey there “White Wolf” Like it’s a fucking code name? Get real man, grow the fuck up and join the 21st century any time. That can’t be the reason you’re even being listed here.

Maybe it’s because of your nationality of being from... Iceland, Finland, some Swedish country? Again, I really don’t care where you’re from, but there must be something to that, right? It’s the whole Viking thing or something, right? That must be it. But you? You’re not a Viking. Where’s your stupid helmet and your war axe or whatever the hell Viking’s carry? Where’s your beard? Where’s your longboat? Where’s your battle armor? If you’re going to do it, you do it all the way? Instead, all you do is speak in some gibberish language and act like it means that you have culture. You’ve given yourself a stupid nickname and you’ve spoken a different language. Is that it? It can’t be. It really can’t be.

What else is there, Fenris? Because I already beat your ass once, and then you punked out like a god damn coward and refused to wrestle me the second time, and you sent your fucking brother to fight your battles for you. Is that it? Is that why you’re seemingly this top star? Because you throw hissy fits to get your way, and when you don’t you take your ball and go home and have someone else fight for you? You can be mad and try and make excuses about it Fenris, but that’s what fucking happened. You cannot deny the facts. All you’re going to do is dance around the fact that you didn’t want to get dirty or have shit in your hair, or whatever the fucking excuse is. The fact is you walked away like a bitch. You have to live with that, not me.

That’s what I do Fenris, I tell the truth. I may be a lot of things, an asshole, a prick, and many other unkind words, but one thing I am not, is a liar. I don’t have to lie about anything. You on the other hand are trying to be something you are not. Whether it be a Viking or a wolf, or whatever. You can’t just be Fenris. Hell, Fenris isn’t even your real name. You had to make up that name just like everything else. 

I think I’ve exhausted everything I know about you Fenris, and none of these things are an acceptable reason to me, why you get praise, and I don’t. Why you get thought of as this big-time star, and I don’t. Like, get the fuck out of here, man. Because they tried to make it some big-time thing that I’m the only man to beat you and your brother. Your brother is a fucking manager. He isn’t a wrestler. I don’t give a shit that I beat him. The only thing it showed me was he has bigger balls than you. 

Jack doesn’t laugh at his joke, he’s razor sharp and laser focused on this.

Jack: So I don’t know anymore Fenris. I have no idea why you get this treatment. I do not understand this whole thing. Maybe it’s just because the truth, is the one of the most painful things in the world when it stares you in the face. And maybe, despite all their efforts to shut me up, people can see the truth staring them in the face, and they don’t like being fed lines to force them to think a certain way. They put Mac Bane on this pedestal, and I knocked him the hell off of it. They were expecting so much from him, and he let them down. He got exposed. And you, you are about to suffer the same fate, Fenris. You are not on my level, nobody in this damn company is. You’re just going to be the next to fall. Maybe, just maybe then, I’ll acutally get some god damn respect around here. Fingers crossed and everything.

But one thing I won’t do is change, Fenris. I’m not going to stop being who I am, and I won’t stop calling out the bullshit when I see it. All that’s going to happen is that I’m going to walk into Climax Control on Sunday and beat your ass. Yet again. It seems that is my process now. It’s not even for me to beat someone once, or sometimes even twice. I have to do MULTIPLE times in order to get some god damn respect out here. I’ve only been carrying this place on my back for a couple years now. You’ve been here a cup of coffee and you get all these high profile gigs and I’m sick of this type of treatment. So, I’m going to make a god damn statement by not only getting my hand raised, but making sure there is no doubt about any of it. You will know first hand, and you will tell everyone else that I deserve the respect I command around here. You will tell the whole damn world how much I deserve the respect around here.

Maybe, after all that is done, maybe the suits will finally get me back on the roster page, and then after all that, I will get what I truly deserve, a shot at getting the title back from Finn Whalen because everybody already knows I deserve it. It should have been mine as soon as terrible ass Ken Davison lost, It’s a minor miracle that he even won the damn in the first place, and I need to make sure he is WIPED from memory. 

And that means I have to beat you Fenris. Maybe this time you will man up and actually give me a fight. Don’t worry, there’s no pudding or whatever. There’s just me and you, and you know full well how that shit went last time. So please, do me a favor and show up and take this L like a man, and then you as well as everyone else can stand back, while I begin the journey to make the world championship actually be a prize worth fighting for. 

I guess I have to say it again, and I will say it until you all do it.

I am Jack Washington. Put some GOD DAMN RESPECT on my name.

Fade to black.

Click.

FACE. OF. THE. FRANCHISE.