Author Topic: Black Friday  (Read 779 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Black Friday
« on: November 25, 2022, 11:28:19 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, November 25, 2022
Office of Seleana Zdunich
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
10:04 AM  PST

Black Friday…

The day after Thanksgiving had typically been a big one for shopping, especially in certain areas of Los Angeles. All the rich people, all the poor people, all the people in between usually made this the day that store owners dreamt of every night and store employees dreaded more than any other working day if only because of the unreal crush of humanity that was always expected. Management expected to make their year from a financial standpoint while employees expected to work inhuman hours over the course of three days for the sake of their bosses getting to look good on a spreadsheet that only their bosses really cared about.

Seleana Zdunich was familiar with this from several different points of view.

She had been both the employee, the management and now was even the ownership end of a business. She understood how it was to be on all angles of this unofficial holiday. Her wife usually tried to celebrate it even moreso than businesses did as Christina “Crystal Hilton” Zdunich liked to make a splash with her gifts. She tended to do it every year and go all out.

This would not be that year.

After the beating dispensed upon her in what is now officially her last match in SCW, Chistina was not going to be doing much of anything for at least another week, or so the doctors had told her and everyone around her. Between that and their other partner, Alexandra “Diamond” Caldwell, also being injured with a shoulder problem, no one in the house felt like doing much retail celebrating at the moment.

As Seleana Zdunich contemplates the future, her friend, Dr. Michelle “Chavy” Chavez, comes walking into the office.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: So how are things?

Seleana looks up, suddenly snapped out of her dazed and wandering mind state.

Seleana Zdunich: Hm?         

Now embarrassed to have been caught like that and found zoning out, to say nothing of being sorry and ashamed to have not noticed Chavy’s entrance into the room.

Seleana Zdunich: Oh, heya, Chickie, how’s it?

Chavy walks over and takes a seat opposite Seleana.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: How are things at home with you?

Seleana sits back in her chair, sighing heavily as she does so. She didn’t really want to go into everything but she also didn’t want to lie to her friend.

Seleana Zdunich: I did as you suggested, gave some friends a ring to see if they were free and keen to help.

Chavy nods approvingly.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: And were they?

Seleana nods back affirmatively.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, Luck was on our side. Paloma was in San Diego and Loti was able to come as well. I did not want to disturb them if it could be avoided. Loti has been happy with Song in Las Vegas and Paloma has been traveling enough between Mount Diablo in the north and San Diego in the south.

Taking in the expression on Seleana’s face, Chavy almost laughs, meaning to hold it to slight smirk instead.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: Let me guess, they both couldn’t get here fast enough when you said you needed help, right? 

Seleana’s mouth falls open in surprise. She catches herself before she can ask how Chavy knew this and just nods ever so slightly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja… they both call me silly.

Chavy can’t stop herself from laughing this time. 

Dr. Michelle Chavez: Well, if the shoe fits…

Seleana exhales and nods, a small smile forcing its way onto her face.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja… I just…

She swallows hard.

Seleana Zdunich: I knew she had bad feelings about her but I did not expect…

Chavy nods understandingly as Seleana trails off.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: You didn’t expect it to go where it went.

Seleana shakes her head adly.

Seleana Zdunich: I did not expect it to end like that, especially not with who it ended against. I would have understood if it had been Alicia Lukas or Kayla Richards. Mercedes Vargas and Masque would have made sense as well. Even Jesie Salco would have made sense in a way but… Bella Madison? 

She shakes her head again.

Seleana Zdunich: I did not see…

She sighs, anguish clearly visible on her face.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: She will be alright. A change in scenery might do her good. She’s been in SCW how long? Won the championship how many times?

Seleana gives a half-hearted nod.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, I know.  She is hall of fame in SCW. There was more of them here but now I am the only one that remains of the family.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: Does that bother you?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I do not know.  It is early, ja?

Chavy nods.

Dr. Michelle Chavez: You’ll figure things out, Sel.  You alway do.

Seleana nods weakly again, not really knowing what to say but also not really wanting to disagree.

Seleana Zdunich: I hope so.

On-Camera

Friday, November 25, 2022
Office of Seleana Zdunich
Zdunich Zoological Gardens
Los Angeles, California
6:04 PM  PST

The camera opens on Seleana Zdunich sitting in her chair behind her desk in her office at the Zdunich Zoological Gardens, looking tired and almost downtrodden.

Seleana Zdunich: It is a new era, ja?

She folds her hands in front of her.

Seleana Zdunich: My wife no longer wrestles here in SCW. Christian and Mark’s long nightmare has finally ended and in a way that some would call satisfying.

Her hands part and land flat on the desk.

Seleana Zdunich: The worst part to me is not that she was injured in such a violent manner. That is always a possibility every time we step into the ring. It is like getting in the cage with a wild animal. No matter how much you think you know. No matter how well you think you know the beast, there is alway that possibility that something could go wrong and go wrong in catastrophic fashion. I have raised a lioness named Sarabi from the time she was born. I bottle-fed her as a baby and have played with her even up until now when she is a full grown cat. I am a mother to her.

A slight shrug meets the camera’s eye.

Seleana Zdunich: But I never forget that she is a lion and she can do damage even while just playing. She is a majestic creature who deserves all the love and care I can give her but she must also be treated with the respect being a fully grown lion deserves. The same can be said of the ring in which we compete. Bad things can happen at any time and if we are not careful, the capability exists for…

She nods sadly, grimly.

Seleana Zdunich: Shit to go sideways, as I have heard said, ja?

She nods grimly again.

Seleana Zdunich: So it was with my wife. She made many enemies, wrestled many matches, won many championships and in the end, went out flat on her back on a gurney requiring medical attention and I cannot even say with a straight face that she did not deserve something like that to happen.

She shrugs sadly.

Seleana Zdunich: It was only a matter of time, ja?

She looks directly into the camera, her expression softening noticeably.

Seleana Zdunich: I love you, Christina. I will miss working together.

She exhales heavily, looking down momentarily at her desk.

Seleana Zdunich: I was asked if this would affect me as it pertains to working here in SCW and I understand why.

Looking up slowly, Seleana almost begs the camera to know the answer before she says it.

Seleana Zdunich: I came here because of my wife and for my wife. She asked, some would call it beg, and I come to SCW to make her happy. Now that she is gone, it make sense that I would leave as well, ja?

She nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, it makes sense and maybe I should be… done…

She stands up behind the desk.

Seleana Zdunich: But I am not done. I am not leaving and I do not care if that displeases you.

She points to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I came here for my wife but I stayed until I managed success for me. I stayed after that to try for more for me. This is not about my wife, this is about me, this is about Seleana Zdunich. I am the one who has never questioned who I am. I am the one who has never changed my name or tried to be something else.  I have always been me and I will continue to be me even if it means I am sometime the gatekeeper for returning legends as I am now against Mackenzie  Page of London Underground.

She nods, the hand falling away back to her side.

Seleana Zdunich: That team was an established name when I arrived here and it continued to dominate for several years after I arrived. It has been nearly three years since the last reign but I am willing to bet all the money many of us have that she is still a competitor worthy of that name!

She points to herself again.

Seleana Zdunich: But I am also still me. I am Seleana Zdunich. I have won multiple championships as well and I am not done! I will meet Mackenzie Page in that ring and we will show the world that we are both still here and still ready to take on the world.

She motions at the camera to come forward.

Seleana Zdunich: Come on Mackenzie and we will go together, ja?