Author Topic: "Same Old Song and Dance!”  (Read 843 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
"Same Old Song and Dance!”
« on: November 21, 2022, 10:52:55 AM »
Jessie went into the Roulette Title Match against Ariana with a plan, namely, to try to use her status as the sweetheart champion against her by way off attacking her from the offset once the wheel stopped in Black Friday Brawl, however it wasn’t enough for the veteran Bombshell to win the title as Ari’s reign would survive for another week which left one big question, what was next for the two Bombshells?

Well, after two weeks of waiting Jessie got her answer, a match against Mercedes Vargas! The back and forth between the two veteran Bombshells was almost as old as SCW itself and with Jessie’s tiebreaker match against Melissa set for the first show of the New Year (the annual Blaze of Glory PPV) Jessie was in search of a momentum boost as the year winded down, can the Hall of Famer from the 2022 Class beat the 2X Hall of Famer?

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Thursday the 17th of November 2022, 16:00pm

It’s certainly been a week.

I had a plan heading into the Roulette Title Match against Ariana, the fact that the wheel landed on a stipulation that allowed me to bend the rules a little bit was just a happy coincidence as far as I was concerned, but all my planning couldn’t account for just how tenacious a competitor Ariana was and after being Hurricanranered from the second floor to the ground floor and then having a full-grown woman crash on top of me for her Corkscrew Shooting Star Press finisher?

Yeah, I think it’s safe to say that both me and Ariana were thankful to have the week off after our title match! The Go Gym has enough on it’s plate with Krystal’s title match against Masque in any case!

Since then I had managed to talk my teenaged cousin into getting a Twitter account by pointing out to Harper that it would be a decent way to build up connections in the wrestling business and get some eyes on her for when Harper’s graduation match at Hero Academy came up, whilst I doubted that Harper’s graduation match wouldn’t happen until we were well into the New Year (she did start right before High Stakes XII after all) Harper’s training was coming along great and the kid was proving to be a natural in the ring.

So imagine my surprise when Harper texted me to inform me that Twitter had locked her account for the day! Over a joke post about gimps to boot! After Harper’s training for the day at Hero Academy had wrapped up I texted her back asking if she had any frustration to work out at my Home Gym and, well, here she is kicking the hell out of a punching bag!

”If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that punching bag owed you money.” I commented as I watched Harper’s workout and the teen grinned sheepishly in response. ”So, you literally can’t do anything on your Twitter?”

“Can’t tweet, can’t replay, can’t quote tweet, can’t DM anyone, can’t even like!” Harper responded with an annoyed sigh as she paused her workout music playlist, which, to my annoyance, consisted mostly of Deathcore acts. “I can still view my notifications so it’s not like I’ll have a million notifications when I get my account back tomorrow!”

”You’d probably spend the rest of the day catching up on stuff if you did.” I commented with a shrug before Harper resumed her workout and resuming the playlist, according to her it was playing “Angel or Alien” by Born of Osiris, not that I could tell you the difference. ”Meant to ask actually, you didn’t learn to kick like that when you were on your amateur wrestling team, did you?”

“My opponents on the wrestling mat would probably complain if I did.” Harper responded with a laugh as she leaned against the punching bag’s stand. “But nah, when I wasn’t stretching other girls’ limbs I was practicing Taekwondo! Managed to get up to a second-degree black belt before my lessons stopped due to the pandemic but it was like riding a bicycle, once you learn it, you can’t really unlearn it.”

”I suppose that makes sense, though Keira did mention that you had started incorporating your kicks into your training.” I commented as I looked at the punching bag, it was a good thing that I had a decent punching bag because I think Harper’s kicks would’ve sent it flying by now. ”Right after your sparring match against Amy at that, but I’m sure that’s a coincidence!”

“I’d be lying if I said that if it was.” Harper admitted with a shrug as she brushed some hair over my shoulder. “But me and Amy were talking after our training session wrapped up, when I mentioned my Martial Arts background to her she suggested that I incorporate it into my wrestling style! I don’t kick as hard as someone like Fenris but my opponents probably won’t see my kicks coming!” Harper added before she remembered something. “Wasn’t there a French girl with a martial arts background who signed with SCW around this time last year? Black belt in judo and karate?”

”Adrienne? Yeah, she was a graduate of the Go Gym but since leaving SCW she moved to New York with Caleb and Katie Storms.” I explained with a nod as I started to get the idea. ”I ordered some kick pads from Amazon after a sparring match with her left my arms feeling like they were going to fall off but I’d have to search for them because I haven’t had to use them since her release from her SCW contract.” I admitted as I looked around the home gym trying to remember where I had put it. ”We’ll give them a go once I find them at the rate you’re going the punching bag is going to have a permanent imprint of your foot.”

“Not sure if it works like that, but you’re probably right.” Harper admitted with a sheepish grin before I went off to find the kickpads.

It was easy to make comparisons between Harper and Cassie, both were teenaged cousins of successful SCW Bombshells who had proven to be a natural in the ring and had come from athletic backgrounds (amateur wrestling and Tae Kwon Do for Harper, soccer for Cassie) but personality wise? They couldn’t be more different, Cass was a class clown whilst, if nothing else, Harper was a teacher’s pet.

Yet Harper was the one who got her Twitter account locked for the day and not Cass, funny how things work out.

Hero Academy, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 21st of November 2022, 08:00am

Last night’s Climax Control was certainly something.

With Christina literally being carried out on a stretcher after her Street Fight against Bella (and I’d be lying if I said I wasn’t watching that with a bag of popcorn in hand) and the champions retaining their belts in the penultimate matches of the night, it seemed like the title scenes were going to be pretty static heading into the New Year, something I’m sure Ari is grateful for considering she’s facing Amber Ryan in her return match this week.

But me? Well, despite losing my latest Roulette Title Match, it was fair to say that I got the luck of the draw between me and Ari.

Why? Because I’m facing Mercedes Vargas yet again! Appropriate considering that I beat Mercedes and Bea in that ladder match to get that shot in the first place but between that and facing a girl who’s literally only been wrestling for a few months in UPRISING? Yeah, I’m not complaining!

If nothing else, kicking Mercedes’s overrated ass will never get old!

As for why I’m here this morning, Keira had invited me to go over the basics with some of the trainees and show that despite two female trainees having sex in a training ring (yeah, I know, I would’ve expelled them too) the latest batch of students were taking their training seriously.

If you asked Harper then she’d tell you that she felt like she was the only one taking her wrestling training seriously but that’s neither here nor there.

”Okay, I want to see two of you go through your paces in a sparring match.” I instructed the trainees and almost immediately Skylar and Fayth, the two trainees who had fucked in the wrestling ring and were now a lesbian couple, put their hands up. ”I appreciate your enthusiasm girls, but Keira would prefer it if you’d you’re your clothes on!”

“We learned from our mistakes from the last time we did that!” Skylar protested as her thick southern accent rang out, wasn’t quite sure if it was a Texan or Georgian accent and frankly? I couldn’t be bothered to ask her, her girlfriend on the other hand? Well, there was no mistaking the accent of someone from New Zealand, let’s leave it at that! “And Keira’s had us spar together since that incident!”

”Well it’s good to know that you’re not going to completely emulate the works of Chelsea Skye and Sarah Blaze.” I commented dryly and I could’ve sworn that I had spotted Harper scoffing in the background, teacher’s pet or not, my little cousin definitely shared my sense of humour. ”But Keira told me that she wants you two to train with different partners today, anyone who complains gets to be Harper’s training buddy and she told me that she wants to work on her kicks today!” I added and Skylar and Fayth shared a look as it sunk in, to say that Harper’s kicks had gained a reputation worthy of her status as a second-degree black belt in taekwondo was an understatement. ”Your choice girls, either you pick your own partners or I pick them for you! And trust me, you won’t like my choices!”

“I’ll pair up with Kata.” Fayth quickly decided as she glanced over at the Polish girl, her full name was a bit longer but no one could pronounce it correctly so the short, purple haired girl just told everyone to call her Kata for short. “I can handle her a lot better than Harper.”

“I’ll happily make you eat those words, maybe even include some salt to taste.” Kata chuckled in response and I shook my head, Kata’s Polish accent was far from the thickest in the room but it still took me a minute to realize what she was saying.

”Fayth, Kata, you are off in ring two.” I instructed the girls and they quickly nodded before they headed off in that room. ”Harper? Keep an eye on them, just in case Fayth tries any funny stuff.”

“Will do.” Harper nodded before she jogged over to the ring to keep an eye on the trainees with the other trainers.

”Okay Skylar, your turn.” I added as I turned to the blonde girl who tried to keep a brave face as she looked over the other female trainees. ”I’ll give you the same warning I gave Fayth, either you pick your partner or I do and you don’t want me to pick your partner!”

“Well if Fayth’s going to beat up her sister, I’ll take Aniela.” Skylar quickly decided as she glanced over at Kata’s twin sister (sporting her natural auburn brown hair colour) and the Polish girl scoffed as she rolled her eyes.

“You fuck in the training ring once and you think your hot shit?” Aniela asked and I had to supress a chuckle at her comment. “Fine, I’ll take you down faster than your girlfriend after a few drinks!”

”How about we cut it with the slut shaming Aniela? Unless you want me to get Keira in here!” I warned her and Aniela quickly shut up before I assigned the two girls to ring three and once the rest of the students had their assignments I joined Harper in watching Fayth and Kata go at it. ”I take it the poster children for humility are doing fine?” I asked Harper as I watched them spar, it was clear that Fayth was on another level compared to Kata but the Polish girl was quickly coming into her own.

“Fayth came into the match with her usual bravado but she can at least back it up in the ring.” Harper nodded in response as she glanced over at me. “Kata still has a long way to go but the passion is there, same goes for her twin sister.”

”Considering how far they’ve travelled to train here? I’m not surprised.” I responded as we watched the two girls exchange some basic wrestling holds and considering Kata started only last week? She was holding her own, even did a decent arm drag. ”Any word on the ones who were egging on a fight last week?”

“Heard about that huh?” Harper asked as she shook her head and I nodded in response. “Aaron’s doing well but he’s a bit behind the other male students, Kata and Aniela were the main culprits in terms of egging on the fight and the rest are trying to keep their heads down and stay out of trouble.” Harper added as we watched Fayth’s control of the sparring match get wrestled away by Kata as she reversed a headlock and turned it into an arm wringer. “Are we going to stick to the basics or are we actually going to see why you two are so highly touted?”

“What’s the matter Harp? Still sore that I knocked you the fuck out?” Fayth taunted my younger cousin who rolled her eyes before grinning as Kata took the initiative and started a sequence that showed off more of their athleticism.

”That’s more like it!” I commented with a grin before the training matches were brought to a screeching halt by a loud argument between Skylar and Aniela in one of the other training rings. ”Can’t go a week without an argument huh?” I asked as we glanced over and saw the two students having a heated argument. ”At least their passionate.”

“Passion or not, we’d better break that up before they come to blows.” Harper responded and I nodded in agreement before we marched over to the ring where Harper and Aniela were having a shoving match, I nodded to Harper and she rolled into the ring before getting between the two students. “Can we please go a week without an argument?”

“THAT BITCH STARTED IT!” Skylar asserted as she tried to push past Harper but Harper was quite a bit stronger than her and it was a moot point, I spotted that the sparring match between Fayth and Kata had ended abruptly and Kata had come over to see what was going on. “She said that I was no better than my sister!”

“My sister tells the truth for once.” Kata responded as she rolled into the ring and Skylar turned to her. “Off course, Taylor was never so much of a slut that she fucked another girl in the ring so I guess that means your worse than her………”

The next thing Kata knew? She was on her back, clutching her freshly broken nose in pain as she glared up Skylar and I shared a look with Keri before we quickly got in the ring. ”Do you want to be expelled from this school? Because that’s a good way to get expelled from this school Skylar!”

“Couldn’t have put it better myself.” Keri nodded in agreement before she had Harper pin Skylar against one of the turnbuckles and I enlisted Zoey’s help in keeping the twins on the other side of the ring. “Kata, Aniela, laps, now!”

“We’re doing laps when that cunt broke my nose?!” Kata demanded giving me even more reason to not open my own training school. “Not to mention my broken nose!”

”The nose wouldn’t have been broken if you had never stuck it in a place it never belonged kid, will be a valuable life lesson if you ever graduate.” I responded as I flared at the girl and she quickly backed off when she saw the look on my face. ”Saying that? We should get that nose looked at, just in case.”

“Good idea, you and Harper take them to the medical wing.” Keri nodded in response and Harper looked up upon hearing her name. “Harp, when you get back your sparring with Skylar.”

“Finally, someone on my fucking level!” Skylar scoffed at which point Aniela spat at her. “You really going to let that nasty bitch get away with that?”

“Aniela, spit at another student again and you’ll be expelled on the spot! Understood?” Keri warned her and Aniela quickly backed off, once things had settled down e and Harper took the Polish girls to the medical wing to get Kata’s nose looked at.

Hero Academy Medical Wing, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 21st of November 2022, 10:00am

How Keira and Roxi have the patience to put up with this shit, I’ll never know.

I still remember what it was like when I was training in Florida, frankly wrestling schools can be no different from wrestling promotions in terms of the egos that brew there and how the clash of egos was going to escalate into a full-blown fist fight.

The fact that Keira wasn’t here today didn’t help hence why me and Harper had taken it upon ourselves to try to help Keri keep order, key word being try.

”So, what did we learn girls?” I asked the two Polish girls as Kata had her nose tended too by the medic, Aniela had been left unscathed so she was just watching her sister getting tended too. ”When talking too an already angry wrestling trainee?”

“Don’t egg her on by insulting her?” Kata grunted as she glanced up at me, she did seem to regret her actions but for now I couldn’t tell if it was because of her broken nose or because she was genuinely regretting it. “It’s not my fault she and Fayth forced Keira to order a new wrestling ring because they couldn’t keep their hands out of each other’s………well, you know.”

“I’d say enlighten me to be a smartass but there’s no point.” Harper responded as she shook her head before sitting down next to the medic to look at Kata. “Look, I was just as disgusted at their actions as anyone else but we are trying to move past that incident!”

“If they were truly committed to that, Skylar and Fayth should’ve been expelled the moment Keira caught them.” Aniela chimed in and we turned to the (technically) younger of the two sisters, wasn’t sure of the details myself but from what Keira told me? Aniela had been born two minutes after Kata. “I mean hell, Kata got expelled for having sex with her girlfriend back in Poland!”

”That sounds a little extreme.” I responded with a raised eyebrow and Kata shook her head.

“I met her at a girl’s boarding school and we were having sex on the head teacher’s desk, completely forgot about the security cameras.” Kata admitted as she glanced over at me before the medic finished checking her nose and gave her the all-clear. “We broke it off right there and then, lost track of her after we moved to the US to train here.”

”Probably for the best, long-distance relationships and all that.” I sighed as I folded my arms and the three younger women nodded in agreement. ”So, are you bi or lesbian?”

“Nah, I’m a vagiterian through and through, Aniela’s the straight one.” Kata admitted as she shook her head and I did notice a look on Harper’s face to indicated that she had something on her mind. “Kinda got blown out of the closet once the reasons for my expulsion became public knowledge, but I don’t care! I was going to come out after I graduated anyway! That incident just sped up the process.”

”That doesn’t make the fact that you were outed against your will okay Kata, you know there’s a strong support system here.” I responded and Kata said nothing for a good minute, just stared off into space. ”And plenty of gay students here too, hell Keira’s been an out lesbian for years.”

“Yeah, yeah, I know, I shouldn’t keep this stuff bottled up.” Kata grumbled before she stood up abruptly and motioned to her sister towards the door. “We’d better get our punishment over and done with sis.”

“No argument there.” Aniela responded before the twin sisters left the room, me and Harper followed them out soon afterwards at which point I turned to her.

”Something on your mind Harp?” I asked as she looked deep in thought and Harper glanced up at me. ”You’ve been quiet since Kata admitted that she was forced out of the closet.”

“Just thinking about my own sexuality, my last relationship with a guy ended after I caught him in bed with three other women.” Harper sighed in response as she brushed some hair over her shoulder. “Especially after that shooting at the gay nightclub in Colorado Springs over the past weekend.”

”You’ll know what the answer to that is when the time is right, same goes for when you’ll come out.” I assured her and Harper grinned in response. ”And you’ll have your bi cousin’s support at the very least.”

“Thanks Jess.” Harper responded with a grin before we walked off.

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 21st of November 2022, 15:00pm

*promo time*

Here we go again!

”Stop me if you’ve heard this one before, in singles action it’ll be Jessie Salco taking on Mercedes Vargas and you’ve already stopped me.” I commented as I shook my head with a frown on my face. ”How many times are we going to have this same old song and dance Mercedes? Our unofficial rivalry is one that’s almost as old as SCW itself and even managed to briefly cross over into Honour Wrestling when SCW went on hiatus in 2018, it's a tale as old as time and I’m getting sick of repeating the same chapters!”

Seriously!

”And yet, not even a month after we faced off in that Triple Threat Ladder Match alongside Bea, here we are again! At least this time, we’re not fighting for a future title opportunity especially with the end of the year being just around the corner!” Small miracles right? But I had to keep focussed as I leaned on the ring ropes. ”But there’s the thing, we’re both coming off losses in title matches and with the new year being within spitting distance? We’re both in need of a serious momentum boost before we make any tentative plans for the New Year and since my first PPV Match of the New Year has practically been set in stone? I need this win to get some momentum going against Melissa!”

What will it hold for us?

”At this point I’ve faced you so many times that even my arguments against you are becoming tired and dated, your spent, your beast years are behind you, you cling to whatever relevancy your title wins from years ago has afforded you, honestly Mercedes, I could go on and on but I won’t!” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”Honestly, the only reason the bosses keep you around these days is so that they can say that they still have a Hall of Famer on the roster and that she’s a member of a “legendary” stable which would be all well and good if it weren’t for my induction at High Stakes XII and the fact that your so called legendary stable managed to drag down the Bombshell Division’s reputation for excellence by its mere existence!”

No prizes for guessing what I’m talking about.

”A reputation it’s only just managed to rebuild after Veronica fucked off to lesser wrestling feds, Delia fucked off to god knows where and Liz Smalls is back in Kindergarten!” I added as I spat to the side. ”The fact is Mercedes is that you’re a relic of a bygone era struggling to keep up with the modern crop of Bombshells, your last title reign only exists because Goth had nothing better to do and the Mixed Tag Team Division was basically dead by that point! Every time you are given a title opportunity that you’ve done fuck all to earn, you blow it! You blew it against Masque, if it weren’t for my pride, you would’ve blown it against Ari and just two weeks ago, you blew it against Kayla, sooner or later the bosses will realize what everyone else already knows, you are useless!”

Honestly!

”And people dare to call me the choke artist of the Bombshell Division when Mercedes fucking Vargas exists! If there’s a bigger joke in the modern Bombshell Division, I would love to fucking hear it!” I added as I shook my head. ”It’s like I said when we faced in the Triple Threat Match Mercy, you exist as a body for younger, hungrier and better Bombshells to beat on their way to better competition! Krystal proved that fact to be true when she kicked your ass at High Stakes XII and I’ll continue to prove that this week on Climax Control!”

It's that simple.

”How many times do I have to teach you this lesson old lady?” I asked before shaking my head. ”I’ve gone from quoting historical figures to quoting an overused SpongeBob SquarePants meme! But hey! At least it’s still a lot more relevant than you Mercedes! Because at this point of your career, you are the cockroach of the Bombshell Division! No matter what your betters in the division do to you, you keep coming back for more! Maybe they should book you against Bella Madison next? She seemed to stamp out the other Bombshell Division cockroach when she beat Christina on Sunday!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”But until then? I’ll happily deal you yet another loss for you to add to your records, which would mean something if you were good at keeping them! But alas, you’re not!” I added as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”And as long we keep getting booked in this same old  song and dance? I’ll keep striking you like Blood Lightning on my way to a victory in that squared circle! See you in the ring for your latest ass kicking Mercy!”

I left my home gym as the scene fades.