Author Topic: "Nobody’s Fool!”  (Read 750 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
"Nobody’s Fool!”
« on: September 13, 2022, 03:15:26 PM »
Jessie was originally scheduled to compete at Violent Conduct VIII, facing her old rival Sam Marlowe in singles competition, however the veteran Bombshell, for reasons known only to her, elected to pull out of the match to allow Krystal Wolfe to face her instead and enjoyed the night off on  the penultimate PPV of the year, but that didn’t mean that Jessie was taking a break! Far from it because Jessie would find herself in action on the next Climax Control.

Her opponent seemed to continue the recent trend of Jessie facing newcomers to the Bombshell Division, that is unless you believed that La Rosa Ardiente wasn’t the recently fired Christina Rose under a mask! Regardless of the speculation, the masked Bombshell had won her debut match against Char Kwan only to lose at Violent Conduct against Alicia Lukas who subsequently tried to unmask her only to reveal a second mask underneath! Jessie herself wasn’t buying the deception for a second but can Jessie win?

Gold Coast Cassino’s Bar, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 5th of September 2022, 18:30pm

You’d think I’d have learned by now.

I’m many things, a veteran professional wrestler with over a decade of experience, a cynical bitch, a fan of heavy metal but someone who can hold her liquor? Nah, I couldn’t even do that when I first joined SCW in the summer of 2012 and I was still in my early twenties back then! But tonight, isn’t about me, it’s about one of the many wrestlers who became new champions last night at Violent Conduct VIII, someone who is a year younger than I was when I joined SCW (though to be fair, her birthday is on Halloween).

Let me make one thing clear, when I first met Ariana (namely when she was a nineteen-year-old rookie fresh from the Go Gym) things weren’t all that peachy between us! My reputation among the Go Gym Graduates was still tumultuous at best thanks to my actions during the entirety of 2018 and my attempts to complete the grand slam in years prior, combine that with the fact that she eliminated me in that costume Battle Royal that served as hers and Carter’s debut match? Well, I didn’t take that lightly to say the least!

But that was two years ago, and time heals all wounds (or so they say), me and Ariana are on much better terms these days thanks to my friendship with Krystal, even if said friendship was tested thanks to my poor choice of words during the cycle! And besides, the girl’s just won her first singles title in a manner not all that dissimilar to mine or Krystal’s starts to our first title reigns, namely in a Triple Threat Match on their first appearance at a PPV, Blaze of Glory II for me, Into the Void X or Krystal and off course, Violent Conduct VIII for Ariana!

Would I have preferred to e the one to dethrone Melissa when I challenged her? Definitely, or do I need to remind you that I haven’t held a title in just under two years? But that doesn’t mean I can’t be happy for Ari and hey, any excuse to get drunk is a good one.

”So Jessie.” Speaking off the former Bombshell Roulette Champion, Krystal’s thick Aussie accent drew my attention to her as the Australian woman sat next to me at the bar. ”I believe I owe you a drink!”

”What? For that Sam Marlowe thing? Forget it, I’ve had enough drinks in me to drown a horse and I’ve barely been here for an hour!” I insisted as I turned to the younger woman and Krystal shook her head. ”Honestly I’m just glad my pep talk worked!”

”You and me both.” Krystal responded before motioning to the bartender to pour her a glass of beer. ”So, I gathered that Ariana told you about the incident with Carter, what did she tell you exactly?”

I had a feeling this question was coming Krystal had at least kept her voice low to avoid ruining Ariana’s night, but I let out a deep breath before continuing. ”She told me that Cass had stumbled upon an argument that escalated into a domestic violence incident after our favourite stoner had left her phone in Carter’s suit.” I explained with a frown and Krystal nodded as she got the idea. ”She didn’t give many details beyond that.”

”Probably because she had no details to give.” Krystal responded as the bartender passed her a beer and she took a gulp after paying him. ”Here’s the thing, it’s true that Cass stumbled upon that incident, but she didn’t see anything, she merely heard the argument and got the hell out of there as soon as it turned nasty.” Krystal explained, and I nodded as I started to get the idea. ”The only reasons I believe her is that she’s both a trained wrestler and my youngest cousin, as a wrestler she’d know what sound is made when someone’s hit and for as long as I’ve known her as a young adult, I don’t think I’ve ever caught Cass in a lie.”

”True enough I guess, but you’re going to need solid proof to get Carter out of that situation.” I responded as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”Personally speaking? Those bruises on Carter’s face set off enough red flags to cover the Las Vegas strip twice over before he even encountered Miles or Ben, even if I wasn’t a wrestler, I’d know that those aren’t the kind of bruises you’d get from falling over in the shower, but since Carter isn’t here, I’m guessing the intervention didn’t go as well as you hoped?”

”That’s an understatement, it quickly devolved into a shouting match between all three of us that ended in me and Ari heading back home having not achieved what we set out to do.” Krystal sighed before the Aussie took another sip of her drink. ”We need backup from his mom and grams, problem is there’s only a handful of people who have their numbers, Carter obviously but also the bosses and the owners of the Go Gym, he has them listed as his next of kin.”

”Let me guess.” I sighed before motioning to the bartender for a drink. ”You went to them trying to get the numbers, but they needed more proof?” I added, and Krystal nodded bitterly.

”We didn’t even get to the bosses because we thought we’d have better luck with Gabriel and Odette, they told us that as much as they understand our plight, these are serious accusations, and it was going to take more than what we had to convince them.” Krystal explained before she took a sip from her drink. ”They also told us not to bother going to the bosses because they’d tell us the same thing.”

”Makes sense, the Stevens have known Mark and Christian for years and vice versa, if anyone knows them inside and out, it’s them!” I nodded as I got the idea, it wasn’t an idea that I was happy with, but it still made the most sense to me. ”Look, this is supposed to be about Ariana’s title win, I get why your concerned about Carter, but we should avoid bringing down the mood all the same, for what it’s worth, I haven’t even relayed to Jake and Shane what I learned from Ariana, and they are usually my closest confidants when it comes to all things SCW.”

”In other words, the secret’s safe with you?” Krystal asked, and I nodded in response. ”Appreciate it, we’ve been trying to keep it on the downlow as much as we can, but the more Carter shows up to SCW events, the more people start to catch on that there’s something wrong with his relationship with Laz.” Krystal sighed in frustration, and I nodded sympathetically. ”If nothing else, we’ll have a lot more people on our side once things blow up between Carter and Laz.”

”It’s cliché as hell but it’s true, every cloud has a silver lining.” I responded before the conversation diverted towards other topics.

Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 12th of September 2022, 11:00am

Home sweet home!

India was certainly an interesting experience and whilst I would’ve preferred to return to Las Vegas the new Bombshell Roulette Champion, you should know the current story surrounding that title by now, Ariana’s the new champ and my issues with Melissa remain unresolved.

Something I plan to rectify at High Stakes XI I might add but I’m getting ahead of myself! Unlike last year they haven’t announced anything for the final Supercard cycle of 2022, not even the location for the event! Though given that the next show is in Las Vegas I think it’s safe to say that they are staying within SCW’s homebase for the last Supercard of the year, which suits me just fine for several reasons.

One of which involves me joining a new fed.

”And there it is!” I commented to myself as UPRISING made the announcement that I had joined their roster, okay technically I signed the contract with them several days ago but their Twitter guy apparently had some real life issues to deal with first and announced my signing alongside a newcomer to the business called Mia Stevens, this will be a good time especially since Revolution 1 is set in Reno which was an hour’s flight from Las Vegas (hey, it’s either that or drive for eight hours straight).

So, why did I join UPRISING when my career in SCW has had a resurgence since my beef with Melissa started? Look, I’ve been in SCW since my early twenties, I’ve seen many Bombshells come and go over the past ten years, but rarely have they stuck around long enough to shake up the Bombshell division, it gets a bit stale wrestling the same women over and over and when I saw that my old tag team partner Amy Santino had joined UPRISING after SCU’s closure earlier this year, it was a matter of if, not when.

I’m not about to call it quits on SCW, I have a lot of unfinished business in the Bombshell division, this is just me spreading my wings and taking flight to a new fighting ground for me to test my skills.

“Christina commented on your match against her?” Jake’s voice interrupted my train of thought, and I looked up at my older stepbrother before shaking my head. “Or La Rosa Ardiente as she’s going by nowadays!”

”It would be one thing if her disguise was even remotely convincing.” I responded with a sigh as I turned to Jake and folded my arms. ”But not only is Christina wrestling the same style she’s always used but La Rose Ardiente literally translates to “The Burning Rose” AKA one of Christina’s many nicknames over the years! It’s like I said when she tried to tell me to set my sights on the World Bombshell Title again, it’d be like if I decided to put on a blonde wig and a mask, called myself Jessika Salconian and literally changed nothing else against me!”

“And I still say that you’d look hot as a blonde.” Shane chimed in as he walked into the kitchen and I shook my head in response, I was convinced that Shane was only saying that because we were married because I honestly couldn’t see myself pulling off blonde hair, wig or otherwise. “And I still say that Salconian sounds like a race from a bad Star Trek rip off.”

”Again, that’s the joke!” I insisted as I rolled my eyes, then again any humour in my joke pretty much died with my explanation off the joke. ”I’m not even sure if this technically counts towards my recent roll as Bombshell division gatekeeper because of how fucking obvious the deception is, at least my signing with UPRISING gives me a chance at facing new competition and wrestling men.”

“Oh, so that wasn’t a rumour?” Jake asked and I nodded before showing him the tweet from UPRISING announcing my signing. “I knew Amy joined their roster after SCU closed but I didn’t think you’d be joining them as well.”

”It’s a reduced schedule that I can do in between my SCW commitments. It’s a win-win if you ask me.” I responded with a grin as I brushed some hair over my shoulder. ”And with the exception of Andrea and Amy, it’s a roster full of talent that I’ve never faced before so it’s a chance for me to really test my skills!”

“I guess so, you can only wrestle the other Bombshell division mainstays for so long.” Shane responded with a nod as I took a sip from my drink. “Let’s hope it doesn’t speed up your nagging injuries.”

”So long as I check in regularly with SCW’s medical staff and they keep giving me a mostly clean bill of health, I’ll keep wrestling.” I responded as I shook my head before going on a mass follow spree of everyone on UPRISING’s roster that I wasn’t already following on Twitter. ”Do I dread those meetings on the off chance they don’t clear me to wrestle? Or worse, tell me that I have to retire due to injury? Off course, but I’ll keep going for as long as I can!”

“You’re going to find a way to wrestle out of a wheelchair one of these days, aren’t you?” Shane asked and I shook my head refusing to even think about the idea of me being confined to a wheelchair, thankfully the topic divulged from that point and Jake’s comment was quickly forgotten about.

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Monday the 12th of September 2022, 20:00pm

Only downside to having this gym? The international tours.

I don’t think I need to tell you that flying back and forth from wherever SCW has whisked the roster away too and my home in Las Vegas is a pain especially when it’s to maintain the gym equipment and the wrestling ring, and since Krystal had asked me this morning if she could get some reps in at the home gym and use my ring for her promo against Sam, Diamond and Alicia we had to scramble a bit to make sure everything was working.

Luckily the cleaners that we had hired whilst we were in India had kept the gym equipment clean but that just left the ring, tell you the truth? Most cleaning companies don’t know what to do with a wrestling ring because it’s not exactly something they clean every day, my ring is smaller than most rings the major wrestling promotions like Sin City Wrestling and UPRISING use, but it still takes up most of the space in the basement meaning that cleaning it is a team effort between me, Jake and Shane.

Luckily when we explained this to Krystal she was more than happy to help if it meant that she could get to her promo faster and having the extra set of hands certainly helped.

”There is one thing for sure.” Krystal commented once her promo finished, and I returned to the basement having given her space to get it done. ”After we spent a good hour cleaning this thing? I’m never looking at First Blood or matches that end in bloodshed the same way again!”

”Having to maintain a ring does put those matches in perspective, doesn’t it?” I asked the Aussie as I finished my descent down the basement steps and walked past the gym equipment. ”Off course the companies have their own ring crews to help clean it up, having a private one can be more trouble than it’s worth! At least the training schools like Hero Academy and the Go Gym put their private rings to good use!”

”I still can’t see myself running a school like Hero Academy full time but true enough! I still can’t believe Team Hero gave us the okay to handle Sarah’s graduation.” Krystal responded referring to Sarah Blaze, the second Hero Academy graduate and girlfriend of professional wrestler Chelsea Skye, or at least she was Chelsea’s girlfriend before the graduation match. ”And don’t even get me started on the marriage proposal!”

”I’d say something about doing that stuff privately, but Shane asked me to marry him in a crowded restaurant and you asked Makayla at last year’s High Stakes!” I pointed out and Krystal went to retort but couldn’t find the words. ”Good thing it worked out for us in the end.”

”I’ll say! And judging from Chelsea’s Twitter things will likely work out just fine for them too.” Krystal responded as I approached the ring, and she leaned over the ring ropes to get a better look at me. ”I don’t know if that pep talk and that subsequent win over Sam was what led me to being added to the High Stakes Contenders Match but if it did then I owe you a beer, that said, I still have one thing that’s been bugging me since we got back from India.”

”Ask away.” I nodded in response and Krystal paused to consider her response.

”You never did reveal why you dropped out of the match against Sam and allowed me to take your place.” Krystal responded, and I nodded once I realized that the Aussie was right, I had alluded to it on Twitter but not a lot else had been said about the situation otherwise. ”Me and Ariana thought it was because you wanted to focus on costing Melissa the title, but you were nowhere to be seen even as Melissa’s last title defence was winding down.”

”Technically you did see me, I was in the gorilla position to greet Ari, remember? As for the Sam Marlowe thing, I can only wrestle the same woman so many times before it starts to get tedious!” I corrected her, and Krystal nodded as she realized that I was right. ”But back to your point about Ari's match and I get what you mean, I’m willing to bet that half the Vegas odds were on how I’d interfere in Melissa’s title defence, but do you remember when I won that title for the first time?”

”The match against Faith and Alexis Morrison at Blaze of Glory II, right? I remember it having more interference than I cared to count because it was a Team Erick Lumberjack Match, not to mention Gianni being the most corrupt special guest ref ever.” Krystal nodded after thinking about it for a moment and I sighed as I got into the ring ready to start sparring with the Aussie. ”You focus so much on how that reign ended that you rarely ever talk about how you won the title in the first place.”

”Whether I was exaggerating the circumstances behind my one and only defence of that reign doesn’t matter, because it’s still a sore spot for me.” I admitted as I warmed up against the ring ropes and Krystal did likewise as she got the idea. ”But that was the start of my first ever singles reign and it was marred by outside interference, I didn’t want Ariana to go through the same thing even if my beef with Melissa got turned up a notch during the India tour.”

”Kinda like me and how my reign ended, only that lasted a lot longer.” Krystal nodded and whilst my eye twitched at being reminded of the fact that none of my individual title reigns had cracked the hundred-day mark, she did have a point. ”Any words of wisdom for the Fatal Four Way?”

”It’s an anything goes match, so don’t be afraid to go the distance as far as brutality goes.” I instructed the Aussie and Krystal nodded as she finished her warmup. ”Aside from that? You’ve faced all three of your opponents before, Sam, obviously, is your most recent opponent but you know what Diamond and Alicia are capable off as well, use that knowledge to your advantage and you’ll be challenging either Masque or Mercedes in no time!”

”Either I face a woman who’s never beaten me or Masque, I don’t think I need to say who I’d rather face at High Stakes if I win the Four Way!” Krystal admitted, and I nodded sympathetically with her. ”Ready to start sparring when you are.”

”Never thought you’d ask.” I responded with a nod before we started sparring.

Walking down the Vegas Strip, Las Vegas, Nevada
Tuesday the 13th of September 2022, 09:00am

*promo time*

It’s early enough in the morning for the strip to be relatively quiet so I’m going to kick off my promo now.

”When I gave myself the “Gatekeeper of the Bombshell Division” moniker, it was in reference to a recent trend I had been noticing in my SCW Career, namely the fact that I had faced newcomers to the Bombshell Division.” I stated as I walked down the street with my hands in my battle vest’s pockets. ”It started as early as this year’s Blaze of Glory when I faced Masque who was still a fresh face to the division, but since I failed to win the Bombshell Internet Title from Andrea Hernandez at the start of the year, it’s a trend that has shown little sign of slowing down, if at all! Now if you are a gullible idiot, then you’d believe that my latest opponent continues that trend, but unlike a certain recently fired Bombshell who is wrestling under that mask I respect the intelligence of the SCW fans enough to not insult it to their faces! That’s right, I’m facing Chris………I mean La Rose Ardiente in this week’s Climax Control opener!”

Seriously!

”Christina, this is fucking embarrassing! There are Scooby Doo villains with more convincing disguises than you! La Rosa Ardiente? Give me a fucking break! When I learned that I was facing you on Climax Control this week I actually ran that name through Google Translate and guess what that came up as?” Go ahead, guess as I resisted the urge to bang my head against a nearby wall. ”The Burning Rose”, a nickname that you have used in the past, not only that but you couldn’t be bothered to even try to change up your wrestling style to help with the deception, whether this is a case of you thinking the disguise is truly fool-proof, in which case you are a bigger moron than I initially thought, or you are such a one dimensional wrestler that you can’t change your style! It’s sad really!”

This is ridiculous.

”How in the flying fuck did this woman get into the SCW Hall of Fame before me? And before someone points out that she’s done what I haven’t, namely hold the World Bombshell Title, believe me, I FUCKING NOTICED! There was talk of removing you from the Hall of Fame after you attacked Chloe on the Summer XXXTreme Cruise Ship Christina and how that hasn’t happened yet, I don’t know!” my rant did catch the attention of some city workers, but they ignored me when they realized that I was cutting a wrestling promo and I continued on my way. ”This moron’s disguise is so paper thin that I’m not even going to refer to her by her latest in a long line of fake names, La Rose Ardiente? Give me a fucking break, you may as well have one of those “Hi, My Name Is” badges on your gear with your name written in cursive, that’s how obvious the disguise is Christina!”

And now for the burning question! Pun not intended!

”And you did all this for what? Attention? Notoriety? Were you afraid that Masque was stealing all the attention from you, and you had to pull all these stunts to stay relevant? And what did it cost you in the end?” I asked point blank as I ran a hand down my face. ”What little respect you had from your piers? Seleana becoming even more estranged from you than she was already? Your job? I’d say your dignity but that went out the window when Jasmine pushed you for putting your hands on her! I don’t normally agree with Alicia Lukas on anything, but I guess a broken clock is right twice a day in this case because she was 100% right about you!” I paused before shaking my head. ”I’m not even going to comment on the whole ass thing because with tiny af boobs? That’d be a case of pot calling the kettle black!”

Anyway……….

”This isn’t the first time you’ve tried some bullshit stunt to stay in the spotlight and this ranks just below the time you beat up your wife just to get a World Bombshell Title Shot!” Just barely but that is a high bar to set for Christina’s bullshit as I flipped some hair over my shoulder. ”What’s that Christina? You were hoping that we had forgotten all about that? Too fucking bad! People harp on me for the stunts I pulled to get World Bombshell Title Shots, but I never sunk to the lows you have! Granted, that is mostly because my husband had to give up on his wrestling dream due to an injury he suffered during training but he’s still outside the wrestling business and I like it that way to because there’s less bullshit drama involved, yet you get a pass because you actually made good on those shots? No more, your chances are running out fast Christina but there is one thing that irks me about this whole bullshit situation? Go ahead, guess?”

I’ll wait!

”Times up! You want to know what really pisses me off about this whole bullshit? It’s not the laziness of the whole thing as Alicia so elegantly put it, it’s the fact that you are taking up a roster spot for this whole bullshit charade!” This is just sad, but I tried to remain professional as I walked down the strip. ”I just joined a fed called UPRISING in an attempt to spread my wings a bit and you know what I saw on their roster? Multiple young women who would do anything to be in your spot, but you have to be the centre of attention, didn’t you? You have to be in the spotlight don’t you Christina? We’ve had similar careers, but I keep myself relevant by working my ass off every time I get in the ring! You?” I scoffed as I shook my head. ”The only way you can stay relevant is to pull an outlandish stunt or invent a new persona for yourself, congrats on managing to combine the two this time around but you need to realize one thing about me Christina!”

It's that simple.

”I’m Nobody’s Fool and I’m sure as shit not being fooled by your latest round of restaurant quality bullshit!” Is anyone really fooled though? It’s a riddle for the ages as I came up to the end of the strip. ”Sooner or later the bosses are going to tire of your stunts Christina and where will you be then? You’re in enough feds that you’ll never be short on money, but SCW was the fed that made you the star you are, not the other way around, and this Sunday I’ll not only be out to kick your ass all over the Gold Coast Cassino, but I’ll be out to do the one thing that Alicia Lukas wasn’t able to do at Violent Conduct VIII!”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”Remove that ugly ass mask and any backups you’re wearing and unveil you as the second-rate Scooby Doo villain you really are!” I added as I shook my head with a frown on my face. ”Only we’re not going to need the Mystery Machine or the gang to solve this mystery! Christina, La Rosa, whatever your fucking name is, your latest reinvention is just sad and pathetic as all hell and once it’s been unveiled to the world, everyone will see you for the hack fraud you are! A one-dimensional wrestler who only got as far as she did because the fans wanted to see what crazy stunt she’ll pull next! Only the fans are tired of your bullshit Christina, and I’ll happily do everyone a favour when I strike you like Blood Lightning on my way to the win! See you on Sunday bitch!”

I walked off as the scene fades.