Author Topic: CHRONIC CHRIS PAGE v BEN JORDAN  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
CHRONIC CHRIS PAGE v BEN JORDAN
« on: August 22, 2022, 08:03:39 PM »
Post your roleplays here by deadline. Good luck and have fun!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Chris Page

• View Profile
Re: CHRONIC CHRIS PAGE v BEN JORDAN
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2022, 08:57:12 PM »
Motivation.

What motivates you to show up to work? What drives you? What makes you tick when it comes to lacing up your boots? Everyone has something that pushes them to continue on within this business where everyone is looking for a cheap shot to up their own stock at the expense of others. Depending on where I’m going and what I’m doing dictates the level of enthusiasm that I will bring to the table. Most of the time I have a lot of fun while taking my act on the road but you get those instances in which finding the motivation to lace up the boots is nonexistent.

… unfortunately for Mr. Jordan.

THIS.

IS.

NOT.

ONE.

OF.

THOSE.

TIMES.

I have plenty of motivation fueling this adventure as far as Sin City Wrestling is concerned as I prepare to step on a huge stage with arguably one of the biggest legends in the history of this company stepping to the plate and answering the open challenge that’s been heard around the world. First, allow me to take this moment to thank Sin City Wrestling for reaching out to see if I would be interested in appearing. Second, allow me to thank Ben for being the man to accept the open challenge because when you lay something down like that you’re opening the doors for your time to be wasted.

Trust me.

It’s happened SEVERAL times.

…. But the one thing I can say is that Sin City Wrestling and the higher-ups haven’t done anything but show me the level of respect that I have earned throughout my illustrious career which is why it was a no-brainer to answer the call with a resounding yes. Now, the topic at hand and the motivation that fuels me into battle against one of SCW’s best. I’m not in this business for selfish reasons when I could EASILY go that direction. I’m smart enough to understand that everyone has a place in our profession but it’s up to us as individuals to comprehend where our niche is. My job isn’t to be the World Heavyweight Champion; hell, Championships aren’t even what drives me today, and I happen to hold three in three different organizations.

Success is what makes me tick.

Success in all forms of my day-to-day life.

Not many people can manage a multi-million dollar Enterprise, run their own federation, wield championships, host a few podcasts with Cult, 5BW, and my own Smoke Sessions, and be married to the hottest entrepreneur in Candice Wolf-Page amongst other business adventures. I say that to say that many within our industry might consider burning the candle at both ends at my age will be some sort of downfall and yet here I stand a year later as arguably one of the biggest attractions in our industry.

Facts don’t lie.

People do.

I’ve never been a guy that lives under one acronym or another because I see things as a whole, not just a piece, and the one thing that I am missing to make this picture whole is a victory in Sin City Wrestling. One might technically say that I garnered that on the go-home Climax Control, but did I garner the win? Absolutely not.

For the first time in SCW, I will grace the squared circle as I have most of my career; as a single.

No partner to rely on, no excuses for failure.

For over thirty-two years I’ve carved my legacy forged from Oak to be looked at as THE MAN!

Ben Jordan, your credentials speak for themselves. It seems like this is destiny being fulfilled when you take a step back and take a look at that bigger picture. Who was on the other side of the ring when I teamed up with Mac? Who stood by my side just a few short weeks ago? And who is now standing in front of me trying to deny me the one thing that I need to make myself whole within an industry that I call home?

You.

It’s an interesting story of sorts when you think about it because under normal circumstances there would be some sort of personal or underlying issue to play off of… but not here, not now. I don’t hate you, I don’t have any real issue with you, but since you elected to put yourself directly in my path you’re going to have to learn that those actions have consequences.

Featuring Candice Wolf-Page

The scene opens where we find America’s couple walking hand in hand alongside a neon-lit sidewalk hand in hand alongside the Las Vegas strip just outside the Velvet Rabbit Las Vegas and headed toward CCPE Arena which has a massive marquee advertising the WGWF return on September 26, 2022, followed by a SOLD OUT logo stamped on top of the acronym.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: It’s so hard to believe that in five months with round-the-clock construction we are going to hit the dates for not only the arena but the Rabbit as well.

CHRIS PAGE: Babe, just goes to show what we can get accomplished when we are working collectively.

Over the last two years of my life, I have taken the wrestling world by storm. It started in the XWF capturing the Universal Championship and making the division MEAN something. In four months I successfully defend the strap seven times before having my dreams snatched from me with briefcase cash in. My contract came to an end and I branched out to FIGHT NYC where I went undefeated with two seasons of competition, I went out to Action Wrestling alongside your resident World Champion Mac Bane, and Joe Montouri beating the piss out of their top stars every other week, I skull fucked the IWF, took part in the UGWC Outlast Tournament, I’m dominating the IIW as I speak, recently took the Level Up Multiplayer Gloves, graced 5BW and Uprising, actively on point in CU:LT, and yeah we’re aware of my SCW ventures.

Let’s not forget being the figurehead and representing the most dominant group of talent ever assembled in CCPE, stared in Splat Feature Films, getting the WGWF back on the map.

I know what the fuck I’m capable of and the last thing I have to do at this juncture in my career is prove anything to anyone… unless it’s proving something to myself.

CHRIS PAGE: I think part of what makes us unique is just how well we work together to reach our common goals. Take this adventure of sorts; your vision of expansion of the Velvet Rabbit is coming true while I am on the verge of bringing back the WGWF.

Chris states as they stop and both gaze up to the marquee.

CHRIS PAGE: Not to mention the final stop on what can be called the Year of Page.

You heard it here first.

As if I didn’t need any further incentives for making this last outing a successful one I can’t end this tour any other way than with a victory. I’ve enjoyed my time going from place to place while taking on some of the best pieces of talent in our industry today as it has solidified my place within the history books of legendary performers in our sport. It has been a lot of fun, a lot of money made, and overall it has been a great adventure… but all good things must come to an end.

… and that’s where I find myself as I wake up and look myself in the mirror.

I’m an old fuck that set out to prove how good he is, and goddamnit if I didn’t do it in spades, but come Sunday Night it will mark the final appearance traveling across brands that I am not currently under a contract with. Honestly, I don’t know how to feel about all of it if I’m being one hundred with you because I’d be lying if I didn’t say the satisfaction level you get knowing that you can walk into anyone’s house and be a legitimate threat is unreal unless you’ve felt it. Yet the reality is I am about three weeks away from re-opening my doors, and truth be told I don’t have a whole hell of a lot of bumps left to take. I sit back and watch the sport evolve, and at times it completely disgusts me. We as performers all strive to be the best, right? Why else would we be lacing out boots? Being the best doesn’t mean you have to carry a strap it just means that you have to perform at levels that surpass expectations. The more of the toxic nature that rears its ugly head the more the fun of traveling from federation to federation and being exposed to it on levels that at times are just ignorant at best takes its toll.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: What did you say?

She cocks her head at Chris as he takes her by both hands and looks deeply into Candice’s eyes before he states.

CHRIS PAGE: It’s finally going to come to an end.

With a confused tone, Candice responds.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Do you know how many times you’ve said the same thing only to come back a week later for a four-match run in three days?

CHRIS PAGE: I couldn’t be more serious. We have entirely too much going on between us both, and to be honest I truly feel that I set out to accomplish what I needed to accomplish to solidify my career.

Chris releases Candice’s hands.

CHRIS PAGE: Obviously I’m under contract to IIW and CULT for a bit but I’ve pretty much decided that when they run out I’m not resigning. I am ready to fall back and run the WGWF and CCPE. There’s MORE than enough work involved within both to keep most busy eighty hours a week.

Sheer sarcasm escapes within the tone of Chris Page.

CHRIS PAGE: So yeah, this is going to be the last run.

Candice responds.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Pfft.

Candice laughs under her breath.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: I’ll believe it when I see it.

At least I am coming in to end this run against a man that’s worthy of my time. For the first time ever I will be walking that SCW aisle in a singles affair that has been long overdue. It ties back to my first appearance with Mac and now comes full circle. While I might not recognize the state this profession has taken with all the hate that is slung out in the atmosphere doesn’t mean for one fucking second that I’m not showing up in India on Sunday and giving you everything I got. Let’s make it perfectly clear I know coming in that there’s a solid chance that I’ll be taking a loss, and that’s okay with me. At this juncture, in my career, a win or a loss doesn’t affect me like it would if I were in my prime.

CHRIS PAGE: And I can show you better than I can tell you.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Promises promises.

Chris lets out a deep exhale because he knows the apprehension within the tone of his lovely bride because this isn’t old news and she has heard this from him before probably because Chris has said it before, MANY times.

CHRIS PAGE: And this one I am going to deliver on. I mean take a step back and look at all of this; the arena, the Rabbit Vegas, all of this. Maybe it’s time for me to be the husband that you deserve. It’s not like I NEED to do any of this, I’ve elected to, and now I elect to put us first.

Chris states as he gazes deeply into Candice’s eyes.

CHRIS PAGE: And honestly if I’m going to put the breaks on touring I can’t think of a better opponent to test my skills against than Ben.

Not only do you have the resume you’ve got all the tools in that toolbox to push me. The problem with all of that is I am the last guy that needs that little nudge. Stepping through those ropes with another bonafide legend to bring forth a battle of epic proportions is exactly something that wets the whistle. We both know what it means to be on top; naturally, I know about being on top of the profession versus a cingular oraganization… but hey, that’s neither here nor there because there’s no price for knowledge, and I think we can agree that’s something we both share in spades.

CHRIS PAGE: He is the perfect guy for my swan song.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Oh yeah, and why is that?

Chris leans in kissing Candice on the forehead before taking her by the hand and starting to walk toward the front entrance of CCPE Arena while he answers.

CHRIS PAGE: Sure, he doesn’t look like much… but the dude is battle-tested, he’s pretty much done everything there is to do at Sin City Wrestling, he’s been on a tear since making his comeback, and if there was ever a guy to beat on his own turf it’s him.

I happen to know a thing or two about showing up in someone else’s house and making it my own at their expense. Let’s not kid ourselves because I am beatable as my limited history here indicates… but now we play the game as I have played it a majority of my career, as a single. You’re in my wheelhouse where I’ve maintained a win rate of over ninety percent wrestling across the globe upwards of four days a week for the last twelve months.

I’ve slaughtered Kings.

I’ve plucked a fifth-rate Raven.

Slapped around a smart-ass, Keeton.

Stopped an unstoppable Friendship.

Slayed Dragons.

Put on the greatest show of the year.

Assembled an Avenger squad of THE best pieces of talent from all corners of our industry.

And now my job is to knock the Brit out of a cuck.

CHRIS PAGE: This is looked at as a Dream Match that will surely have the attention of the world locked on it.

They walk closer toward the doors where two armed security guards are on the post. One of them opens the door as they get closer.

CHRIS PAGE: I just feel like he’s going to give me that good fight. It’s interesting that with my limited appearances he’s been a common denominator.

Benji, I respect your accomplishments and your contributions to the Sin City brand. You’re arguably one of the best… but I feel like you need to understand that when the bell rings the respect ends. It comes down to winning or losing, and you might think that just because I’m here today and gone tomorrow that you aren’t going to be in for the damnedest battle you’ve ever had throughout your entire career! There is a reason why they are already calling this a Match of the Year… You’re welcome.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: I hope he understands who he is getting in the ring with.

CHRIS PAGE: My reputation stands on its own. I don’t run around calling myself great, I reiterate what others are saying. This has been my year, and to be honest I can’t think of a better year to end my in-ring career. This is something that I have been thinking about for a bit now, and fuck babe, who can sit back and seriously say I am not the wrestler of the year?

I know those might be looked at as bold words but I’ll put my schedule and my record up against anyone. It’s easy to be a big fish in a small pond and it’s something completely different to be a great white shark in an ocean full of big fish. Brother, I am going to take you to the deepest waters, I’m going to test you as you’ve never been tested before, and you are going to learn a tough lesson in humility when I leave you laying on your back looking up at those lights. You’re goddamn right that when you wake up on Monday morning you will know exactly who to thank for the reality check that you sir, you’re just out of your league.

Strong words to back up. This I know.

You’ve smacked around this roster… but you haven’t smacked around Chris Page.

CHRIS PAGE: For the first time in my career I believe I’ve finally found some inner peace. The profession doesn’t need Chris Page anymore, and I don’t need it.

They walk through the open door with the armed security officer closing it behind them as they enter the inner lobby of the now complete CCPE Arena.

CHRIS PAGE: I can still contribute in different ways that don’t require taking any bumps. This beautiful building is sold-out for the relaunch, it’s going to house some of the best athletes in the industry, legends in the business, newcomers, and talents looking to break out and put themselves on the map.

Candice mutters under her breath.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Sonya.

Chris responds.

CHRIS PAGE: Speaking of her, have you picked out the toy that’s going to invade her…

Candice cuts Chris off before he can say anything further.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: When the time is right the time will be right.

Candice gives Chris a wink as he simply shakes his head with a smirk etched across his face.

CHRIS PAGE: Needless to say I wanted you to see this before anyone else.

Chris states as he takes Candice by the hand and walks her through the lobby and onto the concourse of the arena. He walks her up to the black curtains that are closed. He throws them back revealing the first look of the setup for what will be the home of the WGWF moving forward.

CHRIS PAGE: There she is.

I have a huge sense of pride in knowing what is next on my horizon. The WGWF was my baby for over a decade, and now is the time for the resurgence to be reborn just right up the street from SCW. I’m not looking for competition amongst our organizations, but you can’t tell me that a working relationship between the two couldn’t be something beneficial. I’m a businessman that is smart enough to know there is enough pie for everyone to eat.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: Babe! This is incredible!

Candice takes it all in as she looks around from the top of the down aisle.

CHRIS PAGE: Thanks.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: I can’t believe you put it all together so quickly.

CHRIS PAGE: You’re not the only one that has contacts.

Chris then states.

CHRIS PAGE: Picture it now. Every seat filled, the arena rocking, the new era of Professional Wrestling on firm display with us enjoying the fruits of our labors. I can’t wait.

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: We did it.

Chris wraps his arms around her waist of Candice while resting his chin on her left shoulder as he holds her tight.

CHRIS PAGE: Yes we did.

Behind every man is a good woman, or that is how the saying goes. In my situation my woman doesn’t stand behind me, she stands beside me. Candice Wolf-Page is arguably the single greatest thing that has happened to me. She’s got the key to my heart and is something to look forward to when I step on my jet and take this trip to India. This is going to be a most excellent adventure that will rival Bill and Ted.

But unlike the movies, there isn’t a fairytale ending in sight for you, Ben.

You’ve got to deliver.

You have no choice but to deliver because this is not only done or die for me… it’s do or die for you too. The question of will you represent SCW with pride and with dignity? Can you do what very few have been able to do by putting me down on the biggest stage? I have my doubts. You are good, I am great.

CHRIS PAGE: Do you want to know something?

CANDICE WOLF-PAGE: What’s that?

CHRIS PAGE: We are just getting started.

I don’t really know what else to say.

I mean I could keep going on and on but I think the jest of what I have to say has already been said. This is my swan song when it comes to making the loops, and to deliver what will go down as one of the best matches of the year is exactly why I’m making this trip. I’ve poked a little fun at Bennie’s expense but don’t let that take away from just how much of a cakewalk this encounter is NOT going to be for either of us. We come from two different spectrums, and now you’re about to find out why I am simply better than you.

See you Sunday.

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
Re: CHRONIC CHRIS PAGE v BEN JORDAN
« Reply #2 on: September 02, 2022, 10:58:35 PM »
I should be completely happy, shouldn't I? I mean it's been one hell of a successful tour from my point of view. I've seen some magical places, I've seen some incredible matches, I've been a part of incredible matches. I even got to team with an absolute legend of this sport, my upcoming opponent, Chris Page. I've even seen Fenris kicked out of a parrot sanctuary. This has been some of the most fun I've had in a long time. I should be delighted.

But I'm not.

Call it the holiday blues, holiday in my sense of the word, as in vacation blues. It's a real thing, when you know that even though this has actually been work, come Monday morning, it's back to reality and frankly, I dunno what to do with myself. I don't know where I'm even going or what the bloody hell I'm gonna do with myself, I don't know what country I'll be sleeping in come Monday. The end of a great trip is always depressing and people know me, when I feel a little down, I tend to shy away from the world and that's basically what's happened now.

Not seen me on social media in a while, I mean I know most are selling matches but who needs to sell a match against someone as great as Chris Page? Absolutely no one at all, it's Chris Page, he could be booked against a chair or a broom and the match is already sold. I've done alright enough to not have to oversell anything and it's refreshing not to have to do all the work like I have done in the past. Page Vs Jordan sells itself.

So I've tried to take the time to get my head straight, to get myself in the right frame of mind to figure out how to go in to this match focused and not focus on the little things like after this show, my future is up in the air. Don't get me wrong people, I get like this a lot around this time of the year, contract expiring at the end of the year, thoughts of the future laying on me mind wondering what to do, but I guess seeing India, proper enjoying it for the last couple of months has made me wonder if now is the time to wind things down a little bit. I mean that's not something I wanna say yes to completely because I still think that there's life in this old git still and that World Heavyweight Championship is not out of range for me, especially after my recent match with the tough as nails, hard as old boots, Mac Bane, but something about this tour has made me think it could be time to wind down a little bit and get one of those special appearance deals.

Still, even if I choose to do that, my head needs to be in the game cause we're a couple of days away from something big and it's something I asked for.

This deserves my attention.

I knew I had to get my mind of things negative, it does no one any favours at all, I needed to look at the positives.

Just a couple of weeks ago, I teamed with my opponent, and man that buzz before going out there and taking on two top guys, with a top guy next to me, was unreal. I feel nerves like never before. I was a long time World Heavyweight Champion and I was in the ring with three people who take wrestling to a whole new level. I felt nervous as all hell but it all worked out well in the end.

I could pull an Amy Marshall here and splice in the end of the match but nah, that ain't me. I'm all original.

But hearing that last bell ring, the relief was unreal, it made me feel like I was a giant, I know that's a weird thing to say but I felt like I was something special, something brilliant. I remember looking across at Chris Page and nodding at him, it was a thank you more then a well done, a big thank you for letting me share the ring with him. That night was magic, we started something magic, we started something special and now it was a case of carrying that on for a couple of weeks until Violent Conduct. Us teaming up like that sold everything that needed to be sold, but I knew in that moment, that single moment of looking across the ring at each other, the next time we meet was not gonna be the same buzz.

It was gonna be a bit of a war.

It might not be one in the traditional beat the snot out of each other war, but it is gonna be a war of the minds. I've watched a lot of Chris Page matches and I know exactly what he can do, how capable he is at doing it. I know in his head, he's come up with a million ways to beat me. All I can do is hope my ways are better.

Either way, all I need to do is focus on the job at hand all the way till that final bell, work my hardest and what will be, will be.

It's taken some days but my mind is clear, my mind is ready to go. I made my bed when I accepted that open challenge, now I'm gonna lie in it.

Chris Page Vs Ben Jordan, that's the only thing on my mind now.

The hotel bar was a bit of a mainstay of mine since I've been in New Delhi. It was a place to meet the locals and watch time disappear in to the next day. I was usually a jovial chap but tonight felt different. I felt like I couldn't deal with people around me. People could tell, well those that I worked with, by my drink of choice, whiskey, that I wasn't really feeling overly social. My co workers drifted in and out without saying a word, just the occasional nod. Well, most people.

"The fuck is wrong with you?" The booming tone of Fenris said as he sat next to me.

I looked down at my half empty glass of whiskey, not really listening.

"Earth to Ben!" He said louder, causing me to spin my head around and look at him.

"Huh?" I replied in a tired voice.

"Whiskey, slumped over, the fuck is up with you?" He snapped.

I didn't want to really talk about it but his demeanour scream that he wouldn't let it go no matter how hard I was gonna try.

"Just a bit down in the dumps." I explained.

I knew I wasn't talking to the most sensitive guy out there, hell, probably the least sensitive guy on the planet. I fully expected a pull yourself together you plonker type remark from him, but that never actually came from his lips.

"Why?" He actually asked in a softer tone as a drink was placed before him.

I never expected that response from him at all, it was the last response I ever expected from him. Fenris wasn't known to be that type of guy so it threw me a bit.

"Well?" He asked again in a matching soft tone.

I had to find the right words to say, I was a bit confused by his manner at this point and knew it could change at any second.

"Recently..." I started. "I've felt like no matter how many moments of joy I've had, life has still come and kicked me in the meat and two veg. Some days I wake up with a smile on my face and start embracing what's been put in front of me, knowing that I'm pretty lucky, knowing that I'm seeing things and doing things that others don't, but there's days like today that I wake up doubting every aspect of my life."

Fenris looked at me with a solid stare, possibly about to become the Fenris we all know but instead, he just looked at me for what felt like an eternity.

"You're Ben fucking Jordan." Was all he said.

"I know my own name." I replied as I picked up the glass in front of me.

"Yeah but you don't know what it means." He told me. "You're Ben Jordan, there is no other like you. You have pretty much everything in life where you could live for a thousand years and never have to work a day in your life."

"That's the thing." I said as I turned my head towards him. "I don't know if I do wanna work anymore. I came back at the start of the year and big things were expected of me, huge things and I felt like I ain't done any of them. Everyone expected more from me and I let them down. That's what it feels like."

Again, I got the icy stare from Fenris, just looking at me from his seat.

"What the fuck are you talking about?" He said with venom in his voice. "You beat Godly Ken Davison, Mac Bane and Goth all while they were champions. Hell, we beat Bane and Page. You have teamed with Page and now you're facing him on a supercard. What the fuck do you mean you've let people down? You've beat more top people on this tour then most beat in a career and you're feeling sorry for yourself?"

He was probably right but I didn't see it that way. I felt I should have done so much more.

"You've done so many things to promote the shows away from SCW cameras." He continued. "You've given people the best Ben Jordan and won, and yet you're still feeling pissy."

"I don't think I got it anymore." I replied quickly.

"Well shit, if you ain't got it anymore, how the hell are you beating top stars?" He asked me.

"I feel like I'm coasting." I quickly said.

"If you're coasting now, imagine how badly you're gonna beat someone when you put in the effort." Fenris said with a snort.

Maybe he was right but it was hard for me to believe.

"You're not in a shitty match." Fenris told me. "People are talking about this match, people have been for weeks. If you were that bad, no one would care about it. You still have what it takes to beat the best, hang with them and show them you still have it."

Fenris surprised me by putting his hand on my shoulder.

"Sunday, you're gonna prove to yourself and everyone that you're Ben fucking Jordan and no one comes close." He said firmly.

"You know what?" I said. "You might be right."

"I know I am." Fenris said with a confident smirk.

"Ever thought about becoming a motivational speaker when you retire?" I asked him with a smile.

"Only if they let me say fuck a lot." He replied quickly.

Well the rest of the night went by with nothing out of the ordinary, drinks were drunk, drunk became the main theme for the night and I woke up with the confidence to fight a lion... Well, not a real lion, those things are dangerous, but you catch my drift!

Just a hotel room balcony today good people, not a lovely garden to speak from, just a balcony somewhere in the skyline of New Delhi. It's nothing fancy but it'll do. I wait for the camera to move past my face before I start to speak.

"Alright people." I say with my English accent filling the air.

The air was oddly chilly, but it didn't stop me from wanting to speak.

"I know you lot have usually heard from me before now, I mean not long before the last promos air." I say with a smile. "But life has come at me hard this week. I ain't completely been myself but I have a job to do. I'm the first to admit I'm a bit starry eyed when it comes to this match, I'll be in the ring with an absolute legend of a wrestler. I've made no qualms about being able to face such a superstar, I was the one who wanted to be in the position I am now, but it doesn't mean I'm not star struck by the whole thing. It's absolutely amazing that I get to be privileged to be up against Chris Page and you might think that alone has got in to my noodle and made me a little antsy."

I shake my head.

"Absolutely not." I say with a firm tone. "It's actually made me a little more determined then I usually am. It's motivated me to keep up a little bit. It's hard for a wrestler to get motivated against some people, I kid you not people. Sometimes it's difficult to get going when you face certain people, but this is not one of those situations. I am raring to go at this point. I mean it's Friday and if I could spin those clocks forward till Sunday, I absolutely would."

I meant that too.

"Chris Page is an absolute legend in this world of ours." I say with honest. "And it's gonna take one of my best performances I've ever had to beat him and that's exactly what he's going to get, my absolute best performance I can possibly muster up. I know he's a master of this game and I have no doubt he's watched what I've done and used our little tag match to see me up close and I'm alright with that because I used it for the same reason. I sat there on the apron watching this guys every move, I watched the way he moved around the ring, I watched the way he had everyone in the crowd on the edge of their seats, I watched every strike, every moved that made the people say wow. I watched him keep everyone in the palm of his hand. I saw it all and maybe, just maybe I came up with a little plan to combat that."

I tap the side of my head.

"I have a slight advantage here." I say with a slight nod. "Because I've watched Chris Page for years, I've watched him rise through the ranks of everywhere he's been and rightly sit on top of the mountain. He was someone I admired, someone I looked up to like many other people in the world, so I am more then aware of what he's capable of, I am more then aware that he can do pretty much everything and why does that put me at an advantage you might ask? Because it's been engrained in my brain for so long, I feel like I know everything he's gonna do, I feel like I know every move he makes before he even makes them. I feel like I know what he's gonna do before he even thinks of them and I've played this match in my mind a million times since it's been made. I played it in my mind the second I heard him ask someone to step up and be his dance partner. I feel like I've seen in my head every way he can beat me and come up with two for every one to stop him."

I wasn't lying, this match had been on my mind for a long time.

"I've mentally tried to get myself ready for this one because I know this is not just a battle of the bodies, this is a mind war too." I say with seriousness. "I know that this is proper mental and not just a ruck. I know that I need to be sharp with everything that I do and I am more then ready for this, I am up for it in every sense."

I really was.

"I know this week I have let some doubts creep in to my head." I admit. "I wondered if I was good enough to be the man who could take you down one on one. I wondered if I was half as good as I used to be but a friend of mine put me straight, a friend of mine told me that I still have everything it takes to still be good and hang with the best of them and I'm gonna show that. This is the occasion, this is the night, this is one of the biggest stages of them all, this is where dreams come true. This is my star is set to shine. I got a lot to prove to a lot of people, especially myself that I am indeed still the man everyone knows I am. I am looking up at the man on the golden throne with that championship belt and thinking it could be mine again and this match on Sunday could be my way of earning that chance, it could be my way of showing everyone that I belong up the top."

I knew my words to be true.

"I know there's life in the old dog just yet." I say confidently. "I know I can be that guy and Chris, as much respect as I have for you. I need to do this for me, I need to do this for my career, I need to do this for the people that watch me week in and week out. I need to do it for them all and I will do it for them all."

I believed every word I said.

"I gotta push my way through every limit I thought I had to face you." I say firmly. "And believe me, I'm gonna do just that."

I take a deep breath.

"Anyway people, it's getting on a bit and I really don't want this promo to air last so it's time to end this one." I say with a nod. "Sunday is gonna be one hell of a match and Chris, you're gonna see the best version of me."

I wink at the camera.

"Laters people!"

And with that, the scene and my promotional stuff in India, comes to an end.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen