Author Topic: Always the last minute...always the last word  (Read 698 times)

Offline Georgie Girl

• View Profile
Always the last minute...always the last word
« on: August 12, 2022, 11:58:50 PM »
A haze of smoke covers the entrance to a local pub where a woman in a short bomber jacket with a football scarf and dark thigh high boots can be seen moving through the cloud.  The low hum of men talking doesn’t catch her attention as she reaches for the door to make her way inside.  To her left is a long bar with a hive of activity.  Men can be seen at the bar talking at the televisions where football matches are displayed.  Looking around, the woman seems to be searching for someone and when her eyes light on a man with dirty blond hair, dark jacket and jeans. 

Moving stealthily along the tables to where the man was sitting, his pint glass lifted to his lips.  Laying her hand on the shoulder surprising the man who sputters into his drink.  Angered, he rises to his feet and turns to glare at the person who had laid their hands on him.

Blond man:  Oi, have a care!  Oh…it’s only you Georgie.

He sits back down as the woman moves around him and sits on the edge of a chair, leaning back to cross her legs and taunt a smirk at the man who once more picks up his pint and brings it to his lips.  The two remain locked in a silent staredown.  Suddenly they are interrupted by a young woman in a tight shirt and short dress that only makes the woman sitting with the blond shake her head.

Young woman:  Billy, what is she doin’ here?  I thought I was yer only bird.

The young woman leans on the shoulder of Billy and sends a snooty look at the other woman who begins to softly scoff.  This causes the other woman to get angry and straighten up to step to Georgie who leans around her to give Billy a look.

Georgie:  Well Billy Blue Eyes, ain’t ya gonna introduce me to ya bird?  And here I was finkin’ you was here all Billy No Mates tonight yeah?  Now this girl getting up in me face like some kind of tart defending her territory.  This is bare fun, innit bruv?

The smooth cockiness of Georgie seems to anger the girl who moves in Georgie’s direction which has her standing up to stand her ground.  With one finger wagging under Georgie’s nose, the young woman begins to bark at Georgie.

Young Woman:  Who the hell are you talking to Billy Robertson like that yeah?  Do you know who he is?  He’s like the one that you don’t mess wif.  He’s connected he is.  One snap of his fingers and you’ll be out on your ‘arris.

Georgie raises just one eyebrow slightly as Billy brings his hand up to brush back his hair and then he reaches for the girl and twirls her around.  The girl is about to continue on her diatribe but Billy puts his finger against her lips to stop her.

Billy:  Listen Gemma babe.  Georgie here…she’s me sister yeah.  So be a doll and toddle off.

Chucking her under the chin, Billy mouths a kiss in her general direction that has the girl smirking at Georgie like she is nothing.  Georgie’s lips thin as she clutches her hands into fists to fight off the urge of taking the bird by the throat.  Seeing his sister’s demeanor, Billy sends Gemma off with a slight tap on the ass.  Gemma walks away, her shoulder slamming against the shoulder of Georgie who makes to lunge at the retreating woman but is stopped by a hand on the arm.  Billy pulls her back and then turns her towards him.

Billy:  Allow it Georgie girl.  The bird is just a bit possessive.  Let’s get a couple of pints and you can tell me what you are doin’ heading back to India.  When Dad said you were a wrestler I thought he was just taking the piss outta me.

Georgie:  Nah, he wasn’t.  Signed a contract I did and already have had two matches. 

Georgie is distracted by a hand putting a pint in front of her.  The barman offers her a grin that she answers with a smile of her own.  Billy watches the exchange then begins to drum him fingers on the table.  Georgie turns her attention back to her brother and then picks up the pint glass, raising it slightly in a silent toast to her brother.

Georgie:  Now I have my third match comin’ up on the India tour.  Facing this bird named Bea.

Billy laughs at the comment.  Georgie uses the pause to sip at her pint. 

Billy:  A bird named Bea…that is bloody brill Georgie. 

Georgie:  Yeah, bloody brilliant my arse.  It is gonna be a match that I am gonna win Billy.  I hafta win it because the bird I am facing is suffering delusions of grandeur.  Thinks she is the dog’s bollocks, she does.  And you know how I feel about that.

Nodding, Billy leans back and drapes his arms over his chest and offers a smirk to Georgie who leans towards him with a smirk of her own. 

Billy:  Wish I could see just what you got planned for that match.  I mean I ain’t seen you batterin’ anyone lately.  Do these birds know who you are?  And what you can do?  If they do, they should be shook to even step in the ring with ya.

Georgie:  Nah, they haven’t got a scoobie.  Considering that I ain’t been in Sin City Wrestling for very long.  And for the bombshells there, they are full of themselves so are a bit slow on the uptake.  So I come in under their radar and kick their ‘arris before they know what happened.  Just like I am going to do to Bea Barnhart.  Speakin’ of, I just came to the pub to say goodbye since I have my flight leavin’ in a couple of hours.  Just had time for one pint then headin’ to Heathrow.

Billy:  But you just got back to London and now you are going back to India?  We haven’t been able to talk at all…

Georgie:  I know bruv but you have been busy with all the work that Dad has you doing.  And I will be home soon again.  I can catch you up then.

Picking up her glass, Georgie drains it and then slams it to the table.  Lifting her left hand, she checks on the slim gold watch then smiles up at her big brother.  Tapping it with her right index finger, Georgie moves forward to give Billy a hug that he returns with a whispered curse.

Billy:  Bloody hell Georgie girl…wish I had more time. 

Georgie:  I know.  Why don’t you come to India for the supercard…see just what your little sister is capable of when it is legal to batter someone.

Her teasing comment brings a cocky grin to the face of Billy who nods with a muttered promise just as Gemma returns and slides between the siblings to capture the attention of Billy.

Gemma:  Come on Billy…buy a bird a drink?  I am right bored and you are ignoring me.

Georgie stands back and watches Billy for a moment as he leans down to whisper something into the ear of Gemma who giggles.  Turning and walking away, Georgie reaches the door.  Stopping just at the entrance, she turns back to see her brother looking around for her.  She holds up a hand shaped like a phone and motions for him to call her.  His hand raises to wave as Georgie turns and exits the pub.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Kolkata India

Georgie Robertson can be seen standing in the ring, her hair slicked back by gel and one curl falling over her right eye.  Dressed in a silk tank and a pair of skin tight shorts, she looks relaxed and confident as she moves to the corner where she motions to a man standing in the darkness around the ring.  He mounts the steps and moves into the ring where he pulls his camera up and begins to film Georgie who leans into the corner, one foot moving to rest against the bottom turnbuckle.

Georgie:  Match number three and here I am already with one win and one loss in my books.  This time I am facing Bea Barnhart, a bird that I hear isn’t that good when it comes to wrestlin’.  Some bloke pointed me in the direction of this woman that talks about stats on a bloody loop.  And from what she’s been saying, Bea you ain’t going to be any problem for me.  But I am sure you already know that don’tcha?

The cameraman reacts by pulling in for a close up of the south Londoner.  She holds up her hand and then motions him away from her.

Georgie:  You smell like a curry shop and ya need to keep your distance. 

The cameraman pulls back and Georgie begins to speak again.

Georgie:  I bet you are probably somewhere expecting to put me down and building yourself up.  Brav-fuckin’-oh Bea, you keep doing that and we’ll see just how much your words are worth.  I have had better pillow fights with my mates when I was a girl than the fight that you are goin’ ta give me.  Innit a bloody wank that I already know what is going to be happening in this very ring Sunday.  Stepping in the ring you are going to puff up that silicone chest of yours and try to bully your way to a win.  Not bloody likely.  I am not going to let some half arsed bombshell who thinks she is the bollocks get one over on me. 

Georgie shakes her head negatively then once more addresses the camera.

Georgie:  My mates sent me your promo.  All I heard was the sounds of a toilet flushing because all you were saying was shite, pure unadulterated shite and you and I both know that nothing of it was in the least bit true. 

Georgie:  I have been watching your matches not because I am trying to learn your weaknesses, it is because I am trying to find anything resembling talent in the bird I have to face this week.  Oh you have one or two moves that I thought might be talent but it seems when you hit them it is just lucky that your opponent wasn’t watching for them.  But that won’t be me Bea.

Georgie smiles and she motions the camera closer.

Georgie:  Because I am going to be ready for anything and everything you might try yeah, and trust me when I say you won’t stand a bloody chance.

With that, Georgie pushes the camera away then as the cameraman tries to regain his balance, she exits the ring and disappears into the darkness.