Author Topic: Luxury before Indian debut  (Read 680 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
Luxury before Indian debut
« on: August 05, 2022, 11:10:30 PM »
A plane taxies into the terminal at Indira Gandhi airport in Delhi India on Wednesday afternoon.  Inside the passengers are prepping to leave the plane in a mad scramble.  The seatbelt sign bings off as the crowd gets to their feet and fights to grab their carryons from the overhead compartments.  The rush for the exits is a mad dash except for a pair that can be seen resting in business class.  Sitting there, Sam Marlowe’s bright red curls are spread over the chest of Colton Myers who gently rolls his shoulder and calls out to the redhead.

“Sami,” he whispers drawing a soft sigh from Sam who yawns slightly.  She snuggles once more onto his shoulder causing him to chuckle.  The rumble in his chest brings a soft drawled complaint from his wife.

“But darlin’, I don’t want to get up yet,” she says sleepily.  Colton again chuckles as one hand moves up to Sam’s cheek and she knuckles at her eye as she sits up.  “Are we there yet?”

“Plane’s landed and we are the last people on it,” replies Colton as he opens his seatbelt and then gets to his feet to reach up and grab Sam’s carry on before pulling his down as well.  “Come on sleepyhead.  The faster we get to the hotel, the faster we can head out to Bangalore by plane in the morning.  I want to grab a hot shower and then I want to stretch out and relax.  Where are we staying tonight?”

“Daddy says that he had Emily book us a room at the Imperial Hotel Delhi tonight.  He said that since it is my first time being in India, it would be a treat for us.  The hotel is total luxury and very posh.  I can’t wait to see it,” says Sam as she gets to her own feet and tosses her rather large purse over her shoulder and follows Colton as he exits the plane.  The two walk out of the plane into the dusty air that hangs heavily with humidity.  Walking along the tarmac to the terminal, the couple makes their way inside, the soft cool air reaching out to greet them.  A gentleman guard motions for the two to move inside and points them towards security.  Tucking her hand through Colton’s arm, Sam and he head deeper into the terminal. 

An hour later, an older model car arrives at a tall white marble building with French doors that is guarded by a young woman in a red suit.  The door of the car opens and Colton steps out.  He looks at the building in awe then turns back to help Sam from the taxi.  She looks up at the hotel that has a white marble façade that is faintly starting to color with the sunset.  Sam and Colton share a glance then move towards the door that is held open by the young woman.

“Welcome to the Imperial Hotel,” she says in a sing song accented voice while smiling widely as she motions them to a second French door also guarded by a young woman in red who opens that door with a smile.  The pair head into the pink marble foyer and towards a rather expensive looking front desk where a gentleman in a dark suit is standing. 

“Good evening, sir and madam,” says the desk clerk with a broad grin.  “Welcome to the Imperial Hotel, one of the four ladies of the East.  Do you have a reservation?”   

“Yes we do, Mr and Mrs Myers,” says Sam with a grin at her husband.  “If that isn’t the name, it might be under Sam Marlowe.”

The soft click of the clerk tapping in the name into the computer can be heard as Sam turns to look around the lobby and down the marble hall.  The desk clerk nods and then pulls open a drawer where he pulls out a pair of key cards and activates them.  “Mister Colton and Missus Samantha Myers, you have a Heritage suite,” he states as he raises a hand for a bell boy who rushes up to the desk.  “Please guide our guests to their suite.”

The bell boy nods and motions for them to follow him.  Only moments later, he is stopped in front of a dark wood door that he pushes open after applying the key card.  “Enjoy your stay he says as Colton slips him a few rupee notes of appreciation.  Sam moves further into the room and removes her shoes to let her bare feet feel the cool marble of the floor as she makes her way to the bed where she lays her bag.

“This is nice…I mean really nice Camo,” Sam offers as she heads towards the bathroom as Colton lays across the king size bed.  “Oh em gee darlin’ the bath is marble and it is huge!”  Sam leans out of the bath and smiles at her husband.  “I know what I am doing right now.”  She pulls herself back through the door and Colton laughs as he hears the water start.  Rolling towards the bag of Sam’s he pulls out a small tablet and turns it on.

“What time do we leave for Bangalore Sam?” he calls out to the redhead who steps out of the bathroom dressed in the plush robe with the hotel’s logo on the left breast pocket. 

“The flight leaves at eight in the morning on Friday.  Then once we get to Bangalore, I can get a few hours of training in,” replies Sam.  “But until then, I plan on taking a nice long bath in that marble tub then enjoying dinner at the Spice Route restaurant downstairs.”

“Your wish is my command darlin’,” replies Colton as he reaches for the tablet again and logs in to check out the restaurant menu as Sam offers him a peck on the cheek then disappears once more into the bathroom. 

Here I am in India…who’da thunk it.  But then again, why is it so surprising hmmm?

I guess it is the fact that here we are, on tour with Sin City Wrestling on stop three of the Indian cities where the superstars and bombshells are competing.  But believe it or not, this is the first time that I will be stepping into the ring here in India.  Yeah, they have been here for a couple of weeks but I just arrived this week and I am ready to wrestle.   And wouldn’t you know it, my opponent is none other than Zoey Lukas, the sister of one Alicia Lukas.

Now I know Alicia Lukas, heck I have lost to Alicia Lukas.  I respect her because of what she has achieved here in SCW.  And naturally I would presume that she has offered Zoey the benefit of her experience when it comes to the bombshells here in the company.  And I am sure she has told you all about me.  About how I have achieved what I have here but also about how I have ‘slipped’.  How I have become just like all the others that rest on our laurels.  I have to call BS on that considering where it is coming from. 

But enough of that.  I am not facing Alicia, am I?  No, I am facing Zoey, the sister of Alicia.  And Zoey, I have to be honest, I don’t know what to expect when I face you across the ring.  Oh I have seen you wrestle and watching you dominate so to speak.  You are a formidable bombshell who can claim a win from anywhere in that ring when you are facing other bombshells.  That is what I have to prepare for and trust me I have. 

I also have to admit we have a lot of similarities between the two of us.  Considering that both of us came into this company after our sisters had been here.  Where you have Alicia who seems to be a great sister who supports you well.  I on the other hand didn’t have that same support.  To be honest, Cyn really didn’t support me, rather she was the one that drove me by completely trying to bury me to make herself look better.  The difference is that I could not be held back and now Cyn isn’t to be seen and I have done things that most people claim that I shouldn’t have been able to do.  Championships, being named to the Hall of Fame…being the ‘face’ of Sin City Wrestling.  Oh I don’t mean the face of SCW as the top bombshell.  I mean I am known as the Girl Scout of Sin City Wrestling, SCW’s sweetheart, Lil Miss Goodie two shoes as my sister refers to me. 

So, this week it is you and me Zoey and trust me when I say that I am looking forward to it.  You are a challenge for sure and that means I am taking you seriously.  As serious as a heart attack that I need to overcome.  I will admit that for a while there I did lose my drive.  I lost motivation because I saw myself losing inspiration because I was being passed over by talent that needed to be given validation that they were needed.  For the longest time I felt that I wasn’t needed at all.  Can you imagine that?  I thought that when my own sister put me down that I had something to prove.  And prove it I did.  I really threw myself into my matches.  Then Cyn disappeared and there was nothing left for me to prove.  I felt ignored, a second thought and I will admit that plagued me for the longest time.  Still feel it but I have developed a don’t care anymore attitude.  Needed or not, appreciated or not, wanted or not doesn’t matter to me anymore.  And do you know what that makes me Zoey?

It makes me dangerous.  I don’t care whether I win or lose.  I go out to the ring and I slide between the ropes and win or lose, I have decided that I will give it my all in each match.  So, Zoey, can you prepare for that?  Can you be ready to face someone that has nothing to lose and everything to gain?  I hope so.  Because in Bangalore India on National Friendship Day in India, I am not going to be your friend in that ring Ms Lukas.  No, to the contrary, I am going to be your opponent and I am coming for some redemption.