Author Topic: “Old vs. New!”  (Read 612 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Old vs. New!”
« on: July 20, 2022, 08:40:25 PM »
Jessie would get the win over Chloe Benton albeit in unfortunate circumstances as Chloe would end up knocked out midway through the match forcing the ref to stop the match before it could get worse for the young rookie! Unfortunately for Chloe, things did get worse later that night as following Chrystal’s loss in the Domestic Disturbance Match against her wife Seleana, Chrystal snapped first by trying (and failing) to take it out on Jasmine but also attacking Chloe making her injuries worse!

Jessie had to set that aside for now though, because not only was the former Bombshell Roulette Champion Kat Jones set to take on Chrystal in a Street Fight but Jessie had her own match to worry about and one against someone who was also victorious at Summer XXXTreme, Georgie Robertson! The newly signed British Bombshell had picked up an impressive win over Levana Cade in singles action at the cruise but Jessie had a lot more experience than either Levana or Georgia having celebrated the tenth year anniversary of her SCW debut this past Wednesday! Can Jessie get the win?

Jessie’s home, Las Vegas, Nevada
Sunday the 17th of July 2022, 18:00pm

Funny how much of a difference a cycle can make.

At the end of the Into the Void XI Cycle, I was ready to call it a day on my wrestling career and if you don’t know the reasons why by now then you haven’t been paying attention! And really, the same can be said for the reason why I never even got to announce my plans at this year’s King for a Day Show but just in case you’ve forgotten, Mark Cross unintentionally threw a spanner in the works that were my plans when he booked himself and Levana Cade in a tag team match against me and the then World Heavyweight Champion Matthew “The Raven” Knox.

Needless to say, the joke was on Mark Cross when I scored the win for my team in that Blazing Tables Match and funnily enough, competing in the Blazing Tables Match relit a fire under me that had been extinguished a while ago.

I guess you could compare it to Mercedes Vargas after her program with Ms. Jon ended with Mercedes putting the monstrous Bombshell on the shelf, he only losses in the last cycle were just as the cycle ended and both were too the current Bombshell Roulette Champion and thorn in my side Melissa! And yes, that is the elephant in the room. Why did I show up after Melissa won this year’s Ultimate X Over the Pool Match and the Bombshell Roulette Championship?

Honestly, I thought my reasons were as clear as Cassie Wolfe’s love for weed but until my next confrontation with Melissa I have my own things to worry about.

”Gotta admit, Cassie and Becky actually make for a cute couple.” I commented to myself as I looked at the trainee’s personal Facebook page, but that was one thing that was on my mind. ”Cassie can’t honestly have that much time left in ger training, right? She told me, Ari, and Krystal when we met her for the first time that she had started her initial training not long after her eighteenth birthday, and the one year anniversary of that had just passed……..”

My train of thought was interrupted when I got a text on my phone and unlike when that happened when the King for a Day Show Card was announced I grabbed it almost immediately and when I saw that it was the first card of the Indian Tour I read through it. “Jess, has the new card been announced yet.” Jake asked as he entered my room and I looked up before nodding. “Great, who have you got?”

”George Robertson, the British Bombshell who debuted against Levana at Summer XXXTreme?” I reminded Jake when I saw that he didn’t recognize the name and he nodded when he remembered her. ”I was joking before when I described myself as a gatekeeper for the new blood in the Bombshell Division, but between Zoey, Chloe and now Georgie? It’s hard to nor see myself that way.”

“And you’re apparently the gatekeeper for new Bombshells whose names end in the latter e, either the sound or the actual letter.” Jake responded and I had to admit, I had somehow missed that but he wasn’t exactly wrong. “What do you make of Georgie?”

”She’s yet another overconfident newcomer, the only way she really stands out from the likes of Zoey is the fact that she’s English.” I commented as I shook my head before Jake made his way into my room and walked behind my computer chair. ”Her win over Levana was impressive, but Levana peaked when she reached the Blast from the Past semi-finals and has struggled to regain her lost momentum ever since, I’ll be her first real taste of competition.”

“Will be interesting to see how she handles someone as old and experienced as you, speaking of Zoey, did you see her tag team match?” Jake asked and I shook my head before grabbing my phone again to go over the card, when Jake said tag team match and Zoey I had assumed that the Lukas sisters were teaming up to take on the Diamonds again, hell if Twisted Sister wasn’t taking on Candy I would’ve assumed that The Metal Maniacs were taking on the Lukas Sisters instead.

Both answers were wrong, and if I had been drinking anything when I saw the actual match it would’ve ended up all over my computer desk. ”Zoey and Miles vs. Krystal and Carter in a Strange Bedfellows Match where they have to wrestle in their pyjamas, man I dodged one hell of a bullet!” I commented as I shook my head and Jake nodded in agreement. ”Especially since I tend to sleep naked even when I haven’t had sex with Shane!”

“And I’ll take facts that I never wanted to know about my step-sister” for $500, oh look the daily double!” Jake commented as he shook his head and I had a good chuckle at his expense. “Is that Cassie and her new girlfriend? They make for a cute couple!”

”Hmm? Oh yeah, I happened to stumble upon it when I was going through my personal Facebook wall.” I commented with a nod as I leaned back in my chair. ”Though I am wondering how much time Cass has left before she graduates, she started her initial training a few days after her eighteenth birthday, that was just over a year ago and my training took almost as long to complete.”

“Yeah, gotta figure that her graduation ceremony will be coming up, wonder how Team Hero will handle that kind of thing.” Jake commented with a nod of agreement as he folded his arms. “If it weren’t for the facts that Cass’s hair is longer and darker, she’s taller, lighter, has wrestling in her blood and is Australian I’d see her as a reincarnation of you from your rookie days.”

”The similarities haven’t gone unnoticed, let’s hope that she can avoid making the mistakes myself and Krystal have made during our careers.” I commented with a nod before closing the browser. ”Did you come up here for anything else?”

“Just that Shane said that dinner should be ready by half six.” Jake responded and I nodded as I got the idea. “He was inspired by last week’s MasterChef US to try to make a Vegan dish, I’m interested to see if he can pull it off.”

”If it is the one thing he can’t pull off then we know what he won’t be trying again.” I chuckled to myself as I shook my head. ”Let him know that I’ll be down in about twenty minutes, want to go through Bandcamp’s new releases in metal.”

“Let us know if you find anything good.” Jake commented before he left my room.

Revolution Tattoo Parlours, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 20th of July 2022, 15:00pm

They say that you regret tattoos as you grow older, well, I’m 32, I still have the tattoos I got early in 2012 and I still occasionally get them touched up hence why I’m here, but I know you have something else in mind, like why wasn’t I in India.

Truth is, whilst India is a place I’ve wanted to visit, I still had some affairs to square away here in Las Vegas, I knew from chatting with Krystal that it was a long ass flight (namely a little over twenty hours) and the plan was for me, Jake, and Shane to fly out to Mumbai tomorrow morning! Besides with a match ahead of me I had no problems staying here a bit longer if it meant I got a chance to train at my home gym.

As I neared my tattoo parlour I saw an older gentlemen storm out of the shop and by older I mean “probably saw one of Metallica’s first shows in person” old and as I got closer I heard him mutter something about “god damn millennial foreigner” before he stormed off down the street, I did briefly wonder who he was talking about exactly but decided to put it out of my mind before I entered the shop.

Or at least I did, until I realized that I know the quote unquote “Millennial Foreigner” very well.

”What was with that guy?” Cass wondered as the nineteen year old had her arm tattoos touched up and honestly? I had to resist the urge to run up and hug the kid! The biggest news to come out of Twitter so far as the wrestling world was concerned was that after everything she had put up with, Cass had finally finished her training and was now a full-fledged professional wrestler! I had helped with her early training alongside Krystal and Ari and the knowledge that she was growing up so fast was enough to eject a lot of pride in my heart, off course I knew full well that it wasn’t going to be easy for her, she was a naturally talented wrestler sure, but training could only prepare you for so much. ”All I said was that Metallica was dad metal!”

Oh yeah, that incident outside the shop made a lot of sense now! Not helped by her calling Dio dad metal when I was MCing Karaoke on the Summer XXXTreme Cruise Ship off course. “Some people still hold Metallica in high regard Cass! But you at least agreed that the Stranger Things finale rocked!” That tattoo artist responded and it was at that point that I decided to chime in on the conversation.

”Including a certain someone who helped you train early on!” I chimed in and Cass looked up and grinned broadly when she saw me, off course she couldn’t give me a greeting greater than that as the tattoo artist was still hard at work. ”You’ve had a hell of a week, haven’t you Cass?”

”You can say that again.” Cass responded and once the tattoo artist was finished she leaned forward, I couldn’t tell that she was wearing a crop top with a slumped shoulder strap due to the angle but when she leaned forward, I saw that clear as day, as well as the fact that she had gotten the Hero Academy logo tattooed onto her shoulder in a place where a bra strap wouldn’t obscure most of it, and it was left uncoloured which told me one thing. ”There wasn’t enough time to get the logo coloured in and my older tattoos touched up so I’m going to book another appointment to get it finished.”

”That’s the thing with tattoos kid, there’s never enough time to get everything you want done in one session.” I responded with a shrug and the tattoo artist nodded in agreement. ”And I’m guessing you got Team Hero’s permission to do this?”

”Made sure to ask their permission on Twitter before I made the appointment.” Cassie nodded in response before I took off my jacket revealing my sleeveless top which showed my tattoo covered arms. ”You getting your tattoos touched up?”

”Pretty much, been so busy with SCW and since I’m leaving for Mumbai tomorrow I figured I may as well get this done.” I commented with a nod as I hung up my jacket and it wasn’t long after that that the tattoo artist had finished working on Cass. ”We should definitely talk after I’m done because I know you have a lot to talk about Cass!” I added and Cass nodded in agreement.

”No argument from me!” Cass responded with a grin as she got off the tattoo chair and the artist got it ready for my appointment.

Local café, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 20th of July 2022, 17:00pm

My appointment was only a couple of hours long and it felt even shorter than that, I guess you get used to tattoo times after a while but once we had paid for our sessions I took Cass to a nearby café for a chat.

A chat that just reinforced my idea to open my own wrestling school.

”That graduation match against Keira was brutal, sparring matches don’t prepare you for the real thing.” Cass admitted before taking a sip of her drink and I nodded knowing exactly what the Aussie Teenager was talking about, it was something that I was all to familiar with from my days as a trainee. ”But I’ll but be damned if it wasn’t worth it in the end.”

”Graduating from training school is one of those rare wrestling accolades that you can only achieve once, and it won’t be topped until you win your first title.” I responded with a grin and Cass quickly nodded in agreement. ”I’m guessing a PTA Gym Logo Tattoo is out of the question?”

”I can’t even remember what the PTA Gym Logo was and even if I did? I’d be more likely to get a Justin Bieber tattoo!” Cass admitted and I nodded as I got the idea, it was clear that aside from Cyrus, Andreas and Lizzie she just wanted to pretend that the PTA Gym days never happened and she wanted to pretend that she was being trained by Team Hero from day one, not that I could blame her, I still remember that body-shaming incident and how no decent school would ever let something like that happen to any student, much less the only teenaged student. ”Did you ever put up with half the crap I put up with when you were training Jess? I know we’re going back ten years…….”

”Kid, we could be going back twenty years and my response would still be a firm no!” I responded firmly and Cass stopped dead in her tracks. ”Look, I know you had to make do with what you could and in an ideal world you would’ve followed Krystal into the Go Gym but you were way too good for the PTA Gym, both as a prospect and a person, Cyrus, Andreas and Lizzie are decent people but aside from nurturing your natural talent I could see that they were in over their heads when I visited the gym for the first time!”

”I didn’t want to think about it that way, but you’re totally right.” Cassie admitted as she shook her head. ”My parents gave me two options, either I waited until I turned twenty one and enrolled at the Go Gym using money they saved up over the years, or I make do with what I had last year, my impatient ass decided to go for the faster option.”

”That’s not to say that cheaper gyms aren’t good, the school I trained at was the cheapest in Florida but I turned out great, however it is a case of you get what you pay for more often than not and considering that Matthew was a millionaire before he got sued to oblivion should tell you everything you need to know about the PTA Gym.” I informed Cass and she lowered her head clearly running a through “What If?” scenarios through her head. ”You still would’ve been a natural talent at the Go Gym if you had waited another three years, only difference if you ask me is that you would’ve been old enough to drink!”

”And smart enough to avoid a drinking contest with Fenris! I’ve heard the stories from Krystal!” Cassie responded in her usual joking tone and I grinned glad to see her back to her usual self. ”I’ve already got one contract as a wrestler lined up, can’t wait to wrestle my first match.”

”You never forget your first time Cass, in more ways than one!” I assured Cass who grinned in response. ”And your other first time should come up soon! I’ve seen your posts about Becky!”

”I was worried that things were going too quickly between me and Becky for a while but we talked it out and agreed that we definitely want to keep it going.” Cassie admitted and I grinned in response. ”Between Becky and my burgeoning wrestling career? Things are on the up and up for me!”

”Just remember, you have friends you can contact if things hit rock bottom, including one who’s been doing this longer than you’ve been alive.” I responded and it didn’t take Cassie long to realize that I was talking about myself, she may be a stoner but she’s a lot smarter than people realize. ”Trust me, you should never keep things bottled up in this business, or real life for that matter.”

”Yeah, Krystal said as much after I graduated!” Cassie responded with a grin and I sighed in relief, at least Krystal had learned from making that same mistake when she hired on Matthew last November, even if said mistake led to us meeting Cass. ”Any advice you can give as a veteran to a newcomer like me?”

That was a question I had to think about, Cassie was a hell of a talent, especially for her age and experience, but a rookie was still a rookie. ”Straight up? Be yourself out there, don’t let others try to dictate what you should do as fat as your personality goes, in ring? Wrestle every match like it was for the World Title, because one mistake because you got overconfident can ruin everything you had planned!” I responded before taking a sip from my drink. ”And yes, I did have Krystal’s Blast from the Past Performances in mind when I said that.”

”You know, she hasn’t really commented on whether she wants to go for a third time next year, last year when she wasn’t talking about her reign she was talking about avenging her first round loss.” Cassie commented and I had to raise an eyebrow at that, wasn’t really sure what to make of it. ”Can’t tell if she’s keeping her cards close to her chest or if Krystal considers the tournament to be cursed for her.”

”Could be either of those things really, Krystal had that amazing title reign but she is still only twenty six, she has a long career ahead of her, I’m sure of it.” I responded before glancing at the menu. ”Want to get something to eat? My treat!”

”Never thought you’d ask.” Cass responded with a grin before we went over the menu.

Jessie’s home gym, Las Vegas, Nevada
Wednesday the 20th of July 2022, 21:00pm

*promo time*

This will be good.

”I suppose the big question on everyone’s mind is why the fuck aren’t I in India? Okay, some people aren’t as vulgar as me but the question still applied, simple fact is I had some stuff to square away before I flew out, the kind of stuff I couldn’t get done in a day but I will be flying out tomorrow for my first match of the Indian Tour and it is certainly a match because I’m once again facing a newcomer.”

I’m sensing a pattern.

”I joked before about being a gatekeeper for the new Bombshells in SCW, well I guess someone in management decided to take that joke seriously and made all my recent matches against fresh faces in the Bombshell Division! First it was Zoey Lukas, a match that I thought was made because she wanted competition for her first match, then there was Chloe Benton in what has to be the biggest misfire in wrestling merchandise in SCW history! Seriously Chloe, that wasn’t how I wanted the match to end and I wish you nothing but a speedy recovery from both that and the cowardly attack by Crystal Meth! But speaking of Summer XXXTreme, my opponent made her debut on the cruise and like me, she got the win, her name is Georgie Robertson and I’m serving as her opponent in her official Climax Control debut!”

I said before offering a mock applause.

”Congrats Georgie! You beat a Bombshell who hit her peak months ago and hasn’t been able to get out of her current tailspin ever since! But you’ll quickly find that I’m not as easy an opponent as Levana Cade, not only do I have just over ten years of experience wrestling in SCW  and fourteen years of general wrestling experience and the title reigns to back up my words tenfold! You’ll find your first REAL fight in me Georgie, and your first real test!”

Can you pass?

”It falls to you to show the world why you were on SCW’s radar in the first place when we meet in Mumbai Georgia! It falls to you to show whether you can handle the pressure and emerge a diamond, not to be confused with Diamond Steele, or crumble and suffer your first loss in an SCW Ring! You’ve had a taste of what level of talent the Bombshells bring to the table but you need to understand one thing Georgie!”

One very important thing.

”Going from Levana Cade to me is like going from a Happy Meal at McDonalds to a Beef Wellington prepared at one of Gordon Ramsay’s many, MANY restaurants and I don’t think you’re ready for a meal as mind blowing as that Georgia! Part of me wishes that you would prove me wrong but I’ve seen too many new Bombshells come and go over the years who flopped after winning their debut match! Thankfully, these days those examples are the exceptions rather than the rule and I hope to god that you don’t continue that trend!”

It's that simple.

”So in this battle of Old vs. New, will you break the cycle Georgie? Will you continue your hot streak or will you fall by the wayside like so many others before you? There’s only one way we can answer that and that’s to duke it out in the ring Georgie but just remember what I said, fighting the wrestling equivalent of someone who peaked in High School is one thing, fighting someone with credentials and experience?”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

”This is your sink or swim moment Georgia and I’m the lifeguard on duty, will you swim to safety or will I have to save you? That answer will become clear on Sunday night when I strike you like Blood Lightning in your official SCW debut match and I continue my winning ways into the new cycle! I’ll see you in the ring Georgie!”

I left my ring as the scene fades.