Author Topic: Repercussions  (Read 625 times)

Offline Max Burke

• GRIME World Nightmare Champion
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
Repercussions
« on: May 27, 2022, 09:22:11 PM »
Home of Becca Burke
Moncton, New Brunswick
Saturday May 21 2022

Max: OOF! Morning sunshine.

Is there anything better than getting woke up at the crack of dawn by a cannonball of four year old pent up energy? Can’t say there is. Nothing better than coming home after a long tour, and spending time with my sister and her crew.

Libby: Gooooooooooooood morning uncle Max! Breakfast!

Becca: Morning bub. Libby, do you really have to beat up your uncle Max before he’s even awake? Take it easy on him.[/b]

Max: This little punk can’t hurt her uncle Max. Not yet at least. You ready?

Libby: Wanna bet!?

Becca: Don’t do it Libby...[/b]

Max: Try me kiddo.

Libby: CLAW!

Becca: Libby Burke with the Revelations![/b]

The nerve of this girl!

Max: Ha! Really Lib? You need to grow into the family claw hold. Those tiny little baby paws are not big enough to get the job done yet on your ol’ uncle Max.

Libby: Oh yeah!? I’m no baby!

Becca: Oh you did it now...

If there is one to set her off is call her a baby. Libby Burke is about to hulk up on her uncle. She squeezes her hand on my skull with all the force that she can muster. Her mother is trying not to crack from the doorway.

Max:  Okay, okay! I tap! I tap! You win!

Libby: Told ya so! Libby Burke wins!

Becca: Okay you two let’s get some breakfast. Enough horsing around. [/b]

Max: Yep, time for coffee. You win this round kid.

Becca: Any updates on Fenris?[/b]

Max: Not much as of yet. They’re still playing it day by day. He’s obviously not thrilled with the current circumstances. I still can’t believe they pulled that stunt at Into The Void. It’s going to be great to get back, and get my hands on Bill and Vinnie.

Becca: It’s so scary. I just hope he’s going to be okay. Just promise you’re going to be careful. Don’t do anything reckless.[/b]

Yep, she knows me well. I don’t take shit like what they pulled at Into The Void. We put our bodies on the line every time we get in there, but eyesight is nothing to mess with.

Max: They’re going to get what’s coming to them. I’ll be smart about it, but I’m not taking this lying down. There are going to be consequences for their actions.

Greater Moncton Roméo LeBlanc International Airport
Monday, May 23 2002

It was a great visit at home with the family. I’d be lying if my head wasn’t back in Vegas the whole time. I know he was in good hands with his family, but I had Fenris on my mind the whole time I was back home. Into The Void was a rollercoaster of emotions. That rollercoaster didn’t end at the end of the night in Athens. Sitting here, watching the seconds tick away till I board my flight back to Vegas all I can do is wait patiently. It’s almost time to take out some of those emotions inside the Sin City Wrestling ring where I love to do my best work.

Max: "Bulldog" Bill Barnhart sometimes I wonder if you have taken one too many shots to the ol’ noggin’. You’re quite the character eh? I want to thank Mark Cross for taking the opportunity with his King For A Day win to put this match together. I want to make this very clear to you Bill. Don’t believe the publicity hype for this Sunday. Yes, Into The Void didn’t go as planned. That’s how she goes. You can’t win ‘em all. But, this is about so much more than Finn walking out still Roulette champion in Athens.

Nope, this isn’t about the Roulette title.

Max: This is about more than you being added to my championship match at Into The Void. Shit happens. Whatever. No, this is way more than what happened inside that cage. "Bulldog" Bill Barnhart, let me make this perfectly clear to you. This actually isn’t about you at all. It was just convenient that Mark set this up. No Bill this Sunday isn’t about us at all. This Sunday is the start of me making it perfectly clear to you that that little stunt at Into The Void with Bea and Vinnie will have its repercussions.

I’ve done some shitty things in my career, but what happened at Into The Void is crossing a line.

Max: I’ll admit it. Seeing Fenris backstage after that shit was sprayed in his eyes threw me off my game. You all knew it would. You all can deny it all you want, but you think anyone believes a word that has come out of any three of your mouths this past couple of weeks since Into The Void? The deed was done. Vinnie knew exactly what he was doing at Into The Void. Bea knew exactly what she was doing. It’s the oldest trick in the book, and they pulled it off.

Mind games in this business come with the territory. It worked.

Max: You three almost pulled off your plan to perfection at Into The Void. You all damn well knew that our heads wouldn’t be in the game after Aron brought Fenris to the back, blinded by whatever shit Bea had in that bottle. You came up a bit short on the perfect plan as you "Bulldog" Bill Barnhart  did not walk out as the Roulette champion at the end of the night. Now, this Sunday night in Los Angeles at the Galen Center you’re going to pay the price for your cronies, and the bullshit they pulled against Fenris. Sitting on that plane with Fenris, Aron, and Ben coming home from Athens was an experience I quite frankly never want to relive. You idiots may have ended a man’s career, and I’m not buying any of the show you’ve been putting on since this happened. I’m starting with you Bill. This isn’t about the wins and losses. I’ve been stewing on this since we left Athens. You are in for a long ass night on Sunday. I’m going to take great pleasure in letting Vinnie know what’s in store for him. You want to try and end Fenris’ career? Alrighty then. This Sunday night in LA, you damn well may be considering retirement yourself after I’m finished with you.