Author Topic: It's about that time.  (Read 658 times)

Offline Chris Page

• View Profile
It's about that time.
« on: April 29, 2022, 06:11:26 PM »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kXs-cHi5E2U

I don’t need to explain who I am. You should know.

I don’t need to explain why I’m here. You should know that too.

But let’s pretend you’ve been living under a bridge or in a box down by the river. My name is Chris Page, and my game is Professional Wrestling. Over the last several months you have seen me occupy the corner of the most dominant SCW Champion of all time in Mac Bane. For the better part of five months Mac has run roughshod over anyone that has opposed him, which won’t be changing against Knox because if anyone knows how to choke to CCPE when a title is up for grabs it is him; right Matt?

I digress.

Since Mac’s recruitment into CCPE, he’s become one of the heavies within my Enterprise as he rules over SCW with an iron fist. He’s one of my talents that doesn’t require a lot of attention because he is as battle-tested as they come. The one thing I tell all the talent under contract to CCPE is that if there is ever a time I am needed, I’m there. It was a no-brainer that it wasn’t a matter if I would get into an SCW ring it has always been a matter of when.

That time has come before us now.

Honestly, I don’t give two shits about the how’s or the why’s. Mac requested my presence, and I’m more than inclined to give it to a guy that's not only smacking most of you around but he’s also making an impact in the XWF and more recently Action Wrestling.

https://c.tenor.com/cHSnG2y9LWgAAAAM/ari-gold-jeremy-piven.gif

It wasn’t a difficult choice to join my brethren by making my in-ring debut alongside him for never have the stakes been any higher for either of our counterparts. There's a different level of star power that has joined the ranks for this special occasion.  So, the question I’ll leave you to ponder for a few moments rests with if you can’t defeat Mac on his own… what in the blue hell makes you think you can do it when he’s got the real GOAT of Professional Wrestling standing by his side?

THURSDAY
4/27/22
Manhattan, New York

Downtime isn’t something that comes along frequently within the life of Chris Page when his likeness is damn near everywhere you turn. A true workhorse in every sense of the word. Today marks the last of the day as the weekend is upon us with appearances across six promotions on the horizon; Sin City Wrestling is on that list.

Chris sits behind his desk at this CCPE Manhattan office looking over his busy itinerary over the next seven days where he lets out a deep sigh before stating to himself.

CHRIS PAGE: Jesus, why do I do this to myself.

At fifty-two years old it’s safe to say ole CCP isn’t a spring chicken anymore with all of those years spent entertaining the masses while becoming one of the most polarizing figures in business as a whole.

CHRIS PAGE: IIW, Cult, Fight, Action, SCW, UGWC, Splat, and the XWF.

While most of you within the ranks of Sin City know me for standing in a corner while everyone else has had a taste of what I can accomplish. Fight NYC was one of the most popular organizations on the market; at its height of popularity who was waving the flag? Me. Who is unbeaten in Fight going 7-0? Me. Now, usually, I wouldn’t waste a lot of time running down a resume but seeing as this is my first piece of SCW business the need to fill in some of my more recent history versus resting on my ancient seems to be relevant to the occasion. I mean it's not like you're going to do it anyway. You will probably play the whole "who?" card solidifying you stick to the bubble you know versus the rest of the world that's out there. I hope I'm wrong... but I doubt it.

Action Wrestling is in full swing for their biggest show of the year… who occupies the top spot? Or should I say whom? Because the answer is Mac Bane and Chris Page.

Cult Wrestling is putting me in a Flaming Tables match, that’s kinda cool.

I am going to halt an undefeated streak in IIW with a singles debut.

UGWC’s Outlast is right around the corner where CCPE will be captained by Sebastian Bryce in his home federation alongside myself, Thad Duke, and Peter Vaughn.

I run the most successful program on XWF television with Warfare on Wednesday Nights.

… which then just leaves SCW.

Now I mention the above to reiterate that while you’ve seen me managing the beast that is Mac Bane I am still so much more than an agent. I am still very much capable of stepping through those ropes and handling business when the time is called for… much like it is now. My philosophy is simple when it comes to being ringside. Hands off unless someone else feels froggy. Last week I didn't get to jump, this week is a horse of a different color.

CHRIS PAGE: You already know why.

I do know why.

Unlike most that spout off trying to pretend to be something they certainly are not, I make the loops proving night in, night out that when I tell you that I’m one of the best of the best there’s not a lot of denying it. It chaps my ass to hear everyone talk about how goddamn great they are… but they don’t want to step out from under their favorite acronym to prove it, not I.

I see Professional Wrestling!

Within a spot were THOUSANDS upon THOUSANDS of people who claim to be the best there are but a mere handful that carries a dick as big as mine. I have a hard time NOT backing my play when it comes to the words in which I speak.

CHRIS PAGE: Well, at least I got a couple of days to kick back and relax this week… that’s better than most.

Chris’s cell phone starts to ring which sits on the top of his desk. His eyes dart in that direction where he reaches over and picks it up. With one of his clients coming to terms with a release from her federation, to bickering amongst others within CCPE there’s no telling who is going to be on the other end at any given time…

Page’s eyes adjust to the screen where he lets out a sigh of relief and answers the call placing it on speaker.

CHRIS PAGE: Mac, brother! What’s shakin’ my man?

The voice of Mac Bane can be heard coming through the speaker.

MAC BANE: Mr. Page, everything is well. Yourself?

CHRIS PAGE: You know, ups and downs but for the most, I can’t complain. I’m lining up travel for the next week, and I got to say I’m looking forward to getting into Lesbos.

While I travel, a lot… it’s not every day that a booking has a big fight feel surrounding it. In most cases, I have to make chicken salad out of chicken shit. Sin City Wrestling has presented this bout as a special attraction, and rightfully so when you look at the three other names that are taking part especially with them being established roster members with longevity within SCW. I’m not going to pretend that my involvement isn’t anything more than the “special attraction” in “special attraction” when you look at the SCW resumes of Mac and company.

I’m okay with that.

I thrive on being someone that can come in at any time and instantly move the needle while generating a buzz; which in this instance marks the go-home show to your next Pay-Per-View Event. Smart man, Christian. Smart man.

CHRIS PAGE: There’s not a match on my schedule for this loop that I am looking forward to most.

Mac responds.

MAC BANE: There is certainly a big fight feel that is surrounding it. I know the brass in SCW is looking forward to having you in the ring versus on the floor.

I’m money either way.

CHRIS PAGE: Trust me when I tell you I’d much rather be in the ring than on the floor but even I have limitations. I’ll tell you this, it is going to be a hell of a lot of fun to team with you the again, and if you take into consideration our Action affairs you, I and Montouri are going to have to find some time to work with each other before we get to Evolution; so this couldn’t have come at a better opportunity in my opinion.

I’ll be the first to tell you that my world is much bigger than one federation, so if you’re expecting me to stick to you versus the world you’re sadly mistaken.

MAC BANE: I hear you on that, and yeah it’s opportune timing.

CHRIS PAGE: What can you tell me about our opponents? I mean, I saw what Fenris is kind of capable of, but I feel there’s more to that story.

So let’s take a few minutes and discuss the oppositions standing across that ring starting with you, Fenris. I’ll be the first to admit that it’s not every day that I see someone that can stand toe to toe with Bane until I saw that battle unfold on Climax Control. I am not going to be forward enough to say that you pushed my boy but what I will say is I’ve never seen him blinded by a fight to tune everything else out around him… including the referee.

… that tells me that you bring something to the table that’s worth my time thus I shouldn't underestimate you. I don't expect your respect, nor do I care for it if I'm being straight up. It seems that you’re a tad bit butt-hurt over Mac’s decision over who he is defending his Championship against, why? He earned the right to call that shot regardless if anyone likes it or not. If you did better you could have been in that position but since you're overshadowed the easier route is to pitch a fit about it leading into your match with him last week... because that makes total sense.

MAC BANE: I can’t help it if feelings get hurt. Much like you saw last week he’s looking to pick a fight.

CHRIS PAGE: They picked the right ones on the right day.

The only thing you need to concern yourselves with right now is just how fucked you are that the sands in that hourglass are running out on this facade that your reputations or accomplishments here in SCW compare to mine throughout the globe.

I’m the guy you wished wasn’t lacing my boots.

I’m the guy that when I show up not only do I show out but I tend to overshadow guys like you. Not that it seems to be difficult to do.

Now Fenris, I understand your passion for wanting to get back to the top… and dare I say that this impending battle is a major roadblock along the way. You got off light last week, but what say here and now? If you and semi-pro come out of this taking that “L” your grounds for claiming to be a front runner for contenders goes right out the door with it. You might be a name around these parts, I’m a name around the world… but I assure unlike most who are all sizzle and no steak, I am that Porterhouse that’s aged gracefully. At Fifty-Two years old I outwork everyone… You aren’t going to be an exception.

CHRIS PAGE: This couldn’t be coming at a better time for the both of us if I’m being honest. With Action Wrestling’s Evolution in the front view, we’ve got an incredible 6 Man lined up at their premier event. I can’t think of a better way to get our timing down than by sharing the ring with you for the first time since Porter's show.

That’s right ladies and gentlemen, this indeed marks the second time Mac and I have teamed. Don’t let the lack of inexperience collectively cloud your minds from what individually we bring to the table. I am not in the position I am in within this sport if I wasn’t able to adapt to my surroundings with catlike quickness. Mac wouldn’t be dominating your promotion as World Champion if he didn’t have the tools to get the job done. Blended equals sheer disaster for both of you when you sit back and think about it. One is pissed he couldn’t beat Mac and the other wouldn’t be here if Mac didn’t call his ass out.

How is semi-retired life treating you?

To my surprise, you came running back pretty fucking quick. Must not be a good semi-retired life. I’m not going to stand here and pretend I know either of your stories; the truth is I don’t, and the truth is I don’t care either. This isn’t about who you are, this is not about what you think you’re going to accomplish… This is about the two of you bringing a couple of dull knives to a goddamn gunfight opposite a couple of sharpshooters that already have you both lined up in their crosshairs with one thing left to do.

Pull the trigger.

MAC BANE: Fenris and Jordan are going to be a nice starting point. Both are incredibly successful in Sin City. In Jordan’s case, I had to call him out due to boredom from everybody else.

Mac said which immediately draws a sarcastic response from Page.

CHRIS PAGE: Are you sure you’re not clout chasing?

Chris bursts into laughter as he completes the question drawing an emphatic response.

MAC BANE: FUUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKKKK YOU!

Clout chasers exist. If you need further proof just take a look at my Twitter any day of the week and you’ll see it. Is that what you’re doing, Ben? Are you clout chasing glories from yesteryears? Or did you come back because Mac called your punk card and you think he’s weak? Usually, guys like you are driven by selfishness in some form or fashion; trust me, I know better than anyone. Yet, what I’ve learned over the last thirty-two years is that we’ve all got a shelf life. Sometimes our job is to ride off into the sunset, or seek fortunes elsewhere to satisfy that itch… but not you, you just can’t seem to stay away. So, allow me to bring this into full perspective for you so that there’s no room for misunderstanding.

You and I are here for one reason.

So Mac and Fenris can finish what they started.

Please don’t get it twisted, buttercup. It’s not about you, it never was.

Don’t get me wrong though, I’m sure our respective appearances will drive up some ratings but you would be a fool to think our roles overshadow our respective counterparts.

CHRIS PAGE: Kiss your wife with that mouth?

Chris responds with even more sarcasm in his voice as Mac breaks and starts to laugh at the statement made through the phone.

CHRIS PAGE: Real shit I am looking forward to stepping into the SCW ring, it’s one of the few places I haven’t been able to stamp on my wrestling passport. This is no doubt going to be a lot of fun against two guys that have no clue what is coming for them.

Truer words haven’t ever been spoken because chances are Tweedle Dee and Tweedle Duh will not even both dig deeper into just who I am. The good news for Mac is I’m far from a scrub. I’ve got ahead for this business, I’m a veteran of the game, a thinking man’s man that has no problem in breaking a few rules if it means our arms are raised in victory.

I don’t have to have respect for either of you, I don’t have to know your respective histories to know that you are just like anyone else that is standing across the ring from me…

You are obstacles.

You will be overcome.

It’s what I do.

It’s what Mac Bane does.

You can flap those gums all you want about why Mac chose Knox, you can get butt-hurt all day every day that neither of you is on the radar for that spot… but what you won’t do is play spoiler to my first SCW appearance inside the ring. What you won’t do is play me like I am not hip to it. The last thing I am naive.

MAC BANE: I called because I just wanted to let you know how much I am looking forward to gracing the ring with you. You’ve been nothing but on my side ever since I signed on with CCPE, it’s going to be an honor to have you not only in SCW but as a partner once again.

Chris responds.

CHRIS PAGE: Stop it. Just stop it.

MAC BANE: I am a serious man. I wouldn’t want to see anyone else fighting by my side. You are more of a threat than you give yourself credit for.

CHRIS PAGE: Humble is more the word I’d look for.

Don’t get me wrong I know that when it comes to performing inside that ring there is a reason why I’ve headlined two back-to-back nights at the Denzel Porter Supershow; I was there for Mac when his TEAM needed it. I’ve sacrificed myself because that’s the kind of guy I am when I believe in someone as strongly as I believe that Mac Bane IS the best of the best when it comes to Sin City Wrestling.

There’s a reason why I am one of the hottest commodities in the profession, quite literally.

Nobody can cut the schedule I cut let alone rack up the winning percentage I do. Don’t you worry, don’t you fret for I have no qualms in showing you better than I can tell you if in the event the time and place calls for it. I’m walking into this as a guest of Sin City Wrestling but I guarantee you that I will leave a lasting impression on the taste of your mouths. Some talk a big game… and then there’s Chris Page who backs it all up. I don’t need anyone else to promote me, I don’t require coddling, and I sure as shit hasn’t been a staple for as long as I have if I don’t know how to get the goddamn job done!

You two sideways fucks are going to learn a very valuable lesson come Climax Control when it comes to Chris Page… there’s a reason why I am simply better than you.

CHRIS PAGE: I do appreciate the sentiments, I do… but I do this for you and everyone else that’s put faith in me and CCPE. Every one of you has meaning and a purpose, and I’m not stupid, I know with all the personalities involved eventually some are going to clash… but that’s all the more reason I call you all the best of the best, the elite within the business. You are all competitive and you all want to be the best. It’s something I admire about all of you.

Before anyone tries to go the stereotypical route of attack do yourselves a favor and save that bush league shit to the side and step to me like you know what the hell you’re doing. While I’m excited to step into the SCW ring don’t you think for one second that I’m not aware that the eyes of your company are on me as well. Who else walks in with their first match as a Semi-Main Event cold? It’s not the first time and the last time ended with the IIW Tag Titles, straps that are still in CCPE today. This isn’t my first rodeo… I’m not lacing them up to fail either.

I’ve let Mac down once at Denzel’s show.

I have no intentions of doing it again.

So yes, this is very much important to me.

MAC BANE: I can’t speak for the rest of the guys involved with CCPE but I truly appreciate you and what you’ve done for me. You’ve gotten me more exposure outside of SCW, you have lived up to everything that you’ve said you would. I can’t wait to have a shitload of fun at the expense of both Ben and Fenris.

Chris responds with malice and intent within the tone of his voice.

CHRIS PAGE: One thing for sure… Fenris isn’t going to escape with a countout to save him from the loss that should already be on his record. You had him before you lost your head. We can’t allow that to happen when we grace the ring. We have to keep our cool and play this our way. There’s no reason why we can’t dictate the pace while controlling every aspect from beginning to end.

I fully expect Ben and Ferry to throw everything they’ve got at us because a loss here only validates everything that I’ve said about Mac Bane being the measuring stick within this federation while I am the measuring stick of this goddamn profession. What it is going to boil down to is who wants it more, who is willing to do whatever it takes to leave with their arms raised in victory? If you know anything about me you know that from bell to bell I take no prisoners. If I need to give you a low blow behind the referee’s back I’ll do it, do I need to gouge your eyes? Does throat punch you? Kick you in the shin? I’ll do it. I’m a cutthroat mother fucker that isn’t here to lend you credibility, oh no… I’ve come to take yours.

CHRIS PAGE: Mac, I’m not telling you anything you don’t already know. You’re one of my guys who doesn’t require a lot. You’ve been around the block just as I have.

MAC BANE: I know where you’re coming from.

CHRIS PAGE: I don’t want to come across like I’m lecturing you by any means.

MAC BANE: Not at all, Chris. You’re one of the goats… I’ll listen to any advice you want to give.

Chris nods his head as he responds almost immediately.

CHRIS PAGE: Well… if I’m one of the goats that must mean you are too. Birds of a feather seem to flock together, my friend. Those other two boys aren’t going to know what hit them until it’s way too late. We are going to leave them holding their dicks like CCPE has done to damn near everyone else. My goal with this appearance is to do right by you so you may avenge that countout from last week while putting some more momentum behind you to plunk a secondary Raven.

MAC BANE: All roads for me lead to that showdown. Knox has a pretty big mouth… I’ve got a pretty big fist to shut him up.

CHRIS PAGE: He reminds me of a clout chaser; one of the many that ride my jock on a daily or weekly basis. He’s always failed against Vaughn back in Thunder Pro and he’s going to fail against you. Some people build themselves up knowing that they can’t deliver, they mask themselves under a pretense only to suck on the tip of whoever cock puts him down. Do me a favor, put him down. I love watching him fail.

We hear Mac snicker under his breath through the speaker of Chris’s phone which brings a sly smirk to Chris’s face as Mac responds.

MAC BANE: I assure you that Matt is in for a very rude awakening when we hook up for my SCW World Title.

CHRIS PAGE: Now that’s what I like to hear.

It all boils down to this- the expectations are at an all-time high, and the eyes of SCW have shifted in my direction so everyone can find out if the special attraction lives up to the hype that surrounds him. It’s a fundamentally simple question to answer with a resounding YES! I’m walking into this just like I would any other higher profiled affair my name is attached to; which if you’re not taking count then you’re not watching the business. I’m a firm believer that the world is a bigger place than one set of acronyms which is why I’ve made it my mission to prove beyond any shadow of a doubt that I am what Professional Wrestling is all about. My face is plastered across our industry, my name gets advertised what tickets are left are sold out, and my sheer presence alone leaves a massive shadow that very few people can step out from. I’ve not only skull fucked this business as a talent I’ve built the most successful Management Firm leading the pack of the Hitmakers or the Rigg’s. Sin City Wrestling just hit the motherload with my in-ring appearance on Climax Control, and all I have to do is show up.

Just because I’ve poked a little fun at the oppositions doesn’t mean under any circumstances that I am looking past them. That’s an amateur move in every sense of the word; however, just because you might be a big deal here doesn’t make you a big deal across the sport. It means you found a niche, you got complacent with the success you tasted, and found a safe spot to carve your legacies.

Cool story.

The last thing I’ve ever been is complacent. I’ve always wanted more, I’ve set and attained the goals before me and now we come another one that consists of competing inside an SCW ring. I’ve been able to keep my eyes on the product as I’ve cornered Mac for the last several months, and unlike most this company appears to have its shit together which only makes this more appealing for me on a personal level. I’ve been waiting for the perfect time to pull the trigger on stepping through those ropes to show all of you that the last thing I am is overblown hype. Over the next four days, I’ll be appearing on eight different programs with eight different companies. I don’t talk about that for any other reason than to say people like to talk about proving their dominance while I go out and prove it, literally.

I will leave you all with this.

You’ve heard about me.

You’ve read about me.

You’ve seen me on your programming.

You might be misguided but that can change just as soon as the opening bell rings.

My name is “Chronic” Chris Page… I’m coming to Climax Control to make SCW Wrestling my next bitch.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSkIjog43hM
« Last Edit: April 29, 2022, 06:14:27 PM by Chris Page »