Author Topic: No Place Like Home  (Read 548 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
No Place Like Home
« on: March 04, 2022, 10:59:14 PM »
Off-Camera

Tuesday, March 1, 2022
Zdunich Residence
Hollywood Hills
Los Angeles, California
10:14 AM  PST

Aurora Zdunich: When does Mommy come home?

This was not the first time eleven-year-old Aurora Zdunich had been forced to ask this question of her adoptive mother, Christina. Hearing it never became easier, especially when there was no real answer to be given in response as was usually the case.

This time was no exception.

Christina had been “back home” in Detroit with on-again, off-agan friend Stephanie Sullivan, nominally for their school reunion. It was also for an effort to be made to bury the hatchet between them from what had happened during the fall in Mile High Wrestling when Stephanie had sided with Jenny Williams and Brittany Williams-Annis against Christina and her eventual saviors, Kate Steele and Jenni Taylor, then working as a tag team called Union Jacked. Given that Brittany was Christina’s daughter, Jenny was Brittany’s aunt and Christina’s ex-sister-in-law and that Kate and Jenni were apparently cousins and Jenni’s sister ws set to become a sister-in-law to Seleana’s sister Zenna, this made the whole thing one large intra-family clusterfuck that had led to Christina deciding she was really to blame for many things and walking out the family “for their own good.” Aurora had to ask then when and if she was coming back and Seleana had been forced to admit that there was no answer to be had.

Just like now.

Looking across the sofa at second wife, Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich, Seleana swallows hard and then turns back to Aurora. The Swede smiles and takes the little girl’s hands into her own. 

Seleana Zdunich: You want her to return soon, ja?

Aurora nods quickly, hesitantly. The young girl was already no stranger to loss and was visibly worried at what the answer would or would not be this time.

Aurora Zdunich: Yes.

Seeing this, Seleana resists the urge to just pull the young girl into her arms and start crying. Instead, she nods and quizzes Aurora’s hands lovingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Maybe we can speed up her return?

Caught off-guard by this response, Aurora frowns in confusion.

Aurora Zdunich: We can?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Mommy Alex has a match on Saturday in Chicago. She is main event for her championship with Trxie Decker. I think if you ask Mommy Alex if she would like us to come see her for this, she would say it would be a good idea, ja?

Aurora’s little eyes light up with excitement as she starts almost jumping up and down on the spot. She turns to Alexandra and scurries over to her.

Aurora Zdunich: Can we come see you, Mommy Alex?  Can we? Can we? Can we?

Smiling quite contentedly, her eyes glistening slightly, Alexandra nods. 

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: I think that would be a wonderful idea!

Aurora squeals as she jumps up and down again and then hugs Alexandra happily.

Seleana Zdunich: I will message Mommy and tell her to meet us in Chicago and then we can all fly home to Las Vegas for our match on Sunday.

Aurora’s eyes go even wider as she turns to Seleana.

Aurora Zdunich: I get to go to both???

Seleana nods quickly as if this was a forgone conclusion.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja…

She pauses playfully.

Seleana Zdunich: Unless you are not keen?

Aurora squeals agan, her arms outstretched. Alexandra and Seleana both take her into their arms and embrace her, each kissing her on a cheek as they do so.

Aurora Zdunich: I love you, Mommies!!!

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: I love you!

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar dig!

Aurora hugs them both back tightly.

Aurora Zdunich: Are Freja, Lucy and Nadja coming too?

Seleana smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: You can ask them. I am certain Freja and Lucy will be keen to get back to Lucy’s flat. 

Aurora gets even more excited than she already was! 

Aurora Zdunich: I’m gonna go upstairs and ask Freja and Lucy right now!  How long are we going for?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: Pack for a few days. You know we have other things to use in Las vegas, ja?

Aurora nods.

Aurora Zdunich: OK!

She turns and runs to the stairs to hurry and get her current business underway. 

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: Ok, that was cute, you little genius you!

Seleana nods her agreement.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, it was.

Alexandra reaches down and takes hold of one of Seleana’s hands.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: Is this going to work?

Seleana turns back to face Alexandra.

Seleana Zdunich: She will not miss a match. Chicago is close enough to Detroit, she should be keen for this.  She will feel like we are coming to her.

Alexandra smiles.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: So two birds with one stone then?

Seleana shakes her head behind a smile.

Seleana Zdunich: Nej, three.

Alexandra snickers back, equal parts amused and impressed.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: Look at you, finding ways to solve a problem before it actually becomes one.

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: I love you, want you to be happy.

Blushing slightly, Alexandra can’t help but smile.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: I love you too.

The two kiss lovingly, passionately.

Seleana Zdunich: Jag älskar dig…

Nodding, still clearly impressed, Alexandra softens her smile.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: Do you think Christina will find what she’s looking for in Detroit?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: I have faith.

The smile returns to Alexandra’s face.

Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich: Then I will too.

The two kiss again, both hoping beyond hope that their faith is not misplaced and that Christina will come through again.

On-Camera

Friday, March 4, 2022
Zdunich Suite
Hilton Chicago/Magnificent Mile Suites
Chicago, Illinois
7:01 PM  CST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing inside her room in the Hilton Chicago, Alexandra Caldwell-Zdunich holding it in place for her as they wait for Christina to arrive.

Seleana Zdunich: So here I stand, ja?

She smiles to the woman holding the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Tomorrow, I watch one of my loves main event here in Chicago in a championship defense. The next day, I will stand with my other love in a tag team match in Las Vegas.  There will be four former World Champions standing in that ring that night.

She nods, holding up four fingers.

Seleana Zdunich: Two of us are married…

Two fingers fall away leaving the other two still standing for the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: The other two…

She pauses to cock her head slightly to the left.

Seleana Zdunich: One ended the other’s reign as champion.

Nodding skeptically, Seleana almost smirks.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, you should work well as a team…

Exhaling heavily, Seleana nods firmly to the camera again

Seleana Zdunich: I realize my wife is not either favorite person.

She pauses to chuckle to herself and nod in acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: In fact, I would say you both hate her, either on general principle or because of past encounters. I know Andrea has never been a fan and took great pride in taking the championship from her.

Her gaze becomes a glare.

Seleana Zdunich: And now we all face off in this match and I know I am keen to get my hands on Andrea. I know Evie is keen to get in the ring period and make a statement. That alone should be enough to make this matcha  must-see event!

She nods, her index finger almost pointing, almost wagging.

Seleana Zdunich: But when you remind everyone that all four of us have been to the top…

She raises her hand high above her head.

Seleana Zdunich: We have all climbed the mou7ntain just because it was there.

Her hand drops back down out of the shot to her side.

Seleana Zdunich: We have all climbed other mountains and proven we can do it. Andrea has done it, Evie has done it, Christina has done it and I…

She nods, pointing to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: And I have done it.

The point moves towards the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: And now we see how keen you are to work with each other. We know you can both perform. We know you are both top competitors and we know that if was just one of you against anyone, it would not be smart to bet against you.

She nods, her finger pointing three times in succession.

Seleana Zdunich: But this is not that, ja?

The point bounces one more time for emphasis

Seleana Zdunich: You team together, two who not that long ago fought for the richest prize there is. Andrea came in as champion, still on high after taking it only to lose and drop to Evie.

A look of deep concern passes over her countenance.

Seleana Zdunich: Are you certain you can trust?

She nods, begging the answer.

Seleana Zdunich: Are you certain you can work with each other knowing that Andrea will be looking for every opportunity to stab everyone in the ring to keep us all from challenging her?

Her head cocks to the right.

Seleana Zdunich: Are you certain you can work with each other knowing Evie is looking for every opportunity to make a statement on all of us to announce that she is back and has lost nothing in the interim between runs?

The point returns to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I know I can trust my partner. I know I can trust my wife because we are united now like never before. We want the same things in this match. We both want to win, we bo0th want to succeed and we both want to take down Andrea Hernandez.

She raises her hand up, palm open to stop the response she knows is coming.

Seleana Zdunich: I know many will look at me and call: FOOL!

The hand quickly turns right back into a pointer.

Seleana Zdunich: You do not understand. There is nothing in it for my wife to look away while there is everything for both Andrea and Evie to mistrust each other.

The point returns to her own chest.

Seleana Zdunich: My wife and I have worked together as a championship team before.

She nods again in acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, it was a trio with my sister, but we were still champions together regardless of others involved. I know how we work together when we are both ready to go and while it is true that my wife has hit an unusual skid lately, she is still a woman who has won many championships. She has achieved many accolades and is one of the more decorated competitors here in SCW!  Knowing that and knowing we can be champions together means if we come as we can, we are unstoppable!

She glares harshly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: What do you two know of this? What do you know of each other but competition and games of one upmanship with each other?

Seleana moves in closer to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: We are coming for you!

She moves in even closer.

Seleana Zdunich: We are coming to show the world that we will not be stopped by petty words from petty people. We are coming to show the world what the Hollywood Angels could be if we were allowed to be that here. We are coming to stretch our wings and fly like we know we can!

The glare intensifies.

Seleana Zdunich: See you Sunday, ja?