Author Topic: Endeavor XXXVI  (Read 543 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Endeavor XXXVI
« on: February 25, 2022, 11:37:34 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 20 al 27 de febrero de 2022

I haven't won an SCW Award, yet I have more recognition than every person on the roster. I have yet to win the top titles in the division, yet people can't stop talking about my collective title reigns for some reason. I don't even need to be booked, yet there isn't a second that goes by without my name being mentioned, even in whispers. The topic on everyone's lips, the most talked about event, the conversation at the water cooler, playground and street corners, on social media, and in the most elusive nightclubs start and end with?

And you know what the best part of that was? I enjoyed every moment, every second. Of course, I was probably hated for it, and that didn't bother me one bit. Nope. See, because I don't think, I KNOW I am the single most hated person on the roster. Notice I did not say the women’s division, I said on the roster. By the fans, by the roster, by the front office, hell, maybe by the entire universe. If you need proof of this, you don't have to go far. As much hatred and vitriol people have for Andrea, I don't think anyone wanted to end their career. That's how I know I'm doing my job and doing it well.

If I'm making you shift in your seat, if I make you a little uncomfortable, if I’m getting under your skin and light that fire under you, if I'm pissing you off than that's what I'm here to do. To me, that's a lot better than winning a championship.

I get it, I'm delusional. I live in my own little bubble and people like her say that like it's a bad thing. Maybe it's because nine times out of ten, I'm not the one who started it. But, see, while people can call me delusional all they want, I also happen to own a mirror, my eyesight is pretty okay, and I don't have a need to be arrogant because unlike some on the roster here, I have nothing to prove. I didn't come here expecting the legacy I have, but, what do you know, a little more than nine years in after my debut I became the fastest to achieve the Bombshell Grand Slam, the only one to achieve the Bombshell Grand Slam twice, the Bombshell Triple Crown three times, oh, and am still the only one to win EVERY championship available in the division. Did I mention the numerous records I’ve rewritten in the record books?

Like the other Bombshells on the roster, you, Bea, should be thankful that yours truly is here to give you something to strive for. You were long on promise, short on potential, and there was always that wide gap of criticism between us. Fat chance that no one would say your career is declining; I'm practically on thin ice in my own. You've always had a high ceiling, most people expected me to have a low floor.

When you're at your lowest point, there's nowhere to go but up. Bea, you have the talent that could take you to the top. You’ve been in the ring with Amber, Roxi, and Kat. You’re a former champion in SCW, and you nearly could have been world champion, but it didn’t happen. You have the talent. The thing holding you back is that deep down you don’t believe in yourself. You have a fear of failure. My opinion of you is the same opinion you believe in yourself. You’re nothing more than a loser, and you always will be. But you can change that narrative. It makes me wonder what you will find more frustrating, losing to me or knowing deep down that win or lose that I will take credit for taking you to the next level.

You ever had that moment where before something really bad is about to happen to you, you take a moment to realize that somewhere along the way, you REALLY messed up? In a way, that's kinda like what’s about to happen to, well, you, Bea Barnhart. If that moment of clarity hasn't hit you yet, don't worry, it will. But, see, you’re not the victim here, Bea. I’m the victim. You want to see me like this. You want to see me crack, try and get me off my game. I need to have a short memory and high drive for myself. That's what a successful people do. I've been a champion most of my career, including here in SCW. I will be champion again, and I dare anyone to stop me. I’ve been mocked and ridiculed over the claims that my title reigns define my career. The other Bombshells may think whatever they want, but it’s been both a blessing and a burden for me. It’s a testament that I know how to capitalize on my golden opportunities and display a resiliency that enables me to rebound from missteps along the way. It’s why I have a firmer place in Sin City Wrestling history and a deeper appreciation for my accolades and achievements, as everyone should have. It’s why I am a two-time Hall of Famer in this company. Proud of it, not ashamed to say it.

Love me, great. Hate me, even better. Delusional, why not? Last I checked, I didn't come here to impress anybody. I pride myself in always remaining true to myself and people can call it whatever they want: Bad attitude, arrogance, whining. At least they're taking time out of their day to think about me. Your words, ladies, are not driving me away, in fact, it's doing quite the opposite. Your words sustain me and furthers my drive to be the best even more, kind of like the nutrients needed for flowers to survive. Love me or hate me, they just can't ignore me.

For someone that claims that I'm worthless, people sure do seem to talk about me a lot, if not indirectly in some way. It's comical how they claim nobody cares about me and what I have to say. And yet, here I am on the lips of all of these idiots and people watching and waiting and wondering what I'm going to say next. And if people hate what I had to say at these past few weeks, they're REALLY gonna hate what I have to say when I win Sunday and they're not going to have a single excuse when I leave Climax Control with my hand raised. And unfortunately for one Bea Barnhart, it's going to be at her expense. This match isn't something that I need to do to prove to the rest of the division that I'm that damn good. I've won that argument. My legacy is still intact, my title reigns and accolades aren't on paper, it's in the record books, and I'm on the damn cover. I highly doubt none of the other Bombshells are capable of taking my spot on the roster until I'm ready to give it up.

It wouldn’t be me if I didn’t, now would it?

Let's face it, Bea, you've had better days, you've probably had better nights, but Sunday won’t be one of them. And come Sunday, it's going to continue when I beat you within an inch of your pathetic life.

~~~

S A N T A M O N I C A • C A L I F O R N I A

[On this mostly cloudy morning, Mercedes Vargas skips breakfast to come out to the Pier early and avoid the crowds. Walking along the boardwalk, we can see the towering amusement rides in the foreground, including a giant Ferris wheel. A neon “open” sign is seen at The Coffee Bean, one of the few eateries that is open at 9 AM. Mercedes visited their once ot twice, but didn't think the coffee was all that great.]

.::CARMEN::..
¿Hoy es jueves?
(Today's Thursday?)

.::MERCEDES::..
No lo sé. Podría miércoles o viernes o Sunday...
(I don't know. Maybe it's Wednesday or Friday or even Sunday...)

[Carmen holds up her hands innocently.]

No se preocupe. Compruebe el calendario.
(Forget it. I'll check the calender.)

[She raises a quizzical eyebrow at Carmen, but her cousin didn't explain. Mercedes simply rolls her eyes at her before zipping her duffle bag and sets it on top of two wheeled suitcases and a carry-on bag near the front door. She packed everything she would ever need for her trip back to Nevada. Sometimes it was too hot, sometimes it was too cold, and other days she would need to stay dry after a rain storm or two. Then again, this was nothing news to her, having visited the state more times than she cared to admit.]

Ya encontraste un lugar? Tomó bastante tiempo.
(Did you find a new place already? Took you long enough.)

Viajo a Reno nuevamente fin de semana pero no pienso viviendo allí. Lo siento.
(I am travelling to Reno again this weekend, but I don't think I'll be living there. Sorry....)

Si yo fuera tú, tomaría una responsabilidad propia.
(If I were you, I'd be more responsible.)

[Mercedes raises an eyebrow, now wanting to speak in English.]

And why do you think?

::CARMEN::..
Why do I think what?

Why do you think I’m not responsible?

You want me to really answer that? Because this could take all day.

Oh no? Because I’m sure you’re just as better at being responsible than I’ll ever be.

Merce, you don’t have a good track record of making good decisions. Now I don’t know what you—

So you have an opinion about my life? Which one of my bills will you paying this month, hmm?

You were three months late with your Netflix subscription. And your Internet! And you’re still paying your black card. I love this game, don’t you?

Don’t be a smart ass. Like you actually give a shit.

If I was being smart, how would you know?

Listen, listen to me right now because I’m trying to stay very calm. You have no grounds running my life, okay. I’m always nice to you and you always have your bitch face and attitude on. I can handle myself just fine, thank you.

If your lies were just as good as your wrestling career, maybe I’d believe you, but it’s your word against mine. And if this was a boxing match, I’d be ahead on points.

Leave my career out of this. You don’t see me bringing up your career, Nancy Drew. Don't mess with the alligator until after you have crossed the swamp.

[Mercedes could see the annoyance on Carmen’s face, but she didn’t care. Her cellphone rings as Carmen answers]

¿Bueno? Sí, élla habla.
(Hello? Yes, this is she.)

Voy a dar un paseo.
(I'm going to take a walk...)

[Mercedes exit and leaves.]

~~~

Present Day ♦ L O S A N G E L E S, C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

“I tried everything humanly possible. I had a chance to become Bombshell Champion, and I couldn't get it done. Had a chance to end Amber Ryan’s reign, and I fell short of that. Climax Control 321 should have ended with me getting my hand raised, but that didn't happen. At this point, I'm running out of excuses.”

[Mercedes Vargas kicks back in the living room of her Los Angeles residence. Sitting down comfortably in an armchair while polishing her nails with a nail file, the Argentine is just as much out of answers as well. 2022 was supposed to be the year she put it all together, the year she was supposed to get a good run going and finally achieve her ultimate goals of holding up the Bombshell Championship for the first time in a long time.

It’s still early in the year, but thus far, Mercedes is off to a rough start, which wasn’t unsurprisingly surprising. More than likely, she’s prone to immediately throw in the towel—but she won’t ignore it, either. With some patience, time, and some good old-fashion motivation, Mercedes could get past her latest setback two weeks ago and focus on the title picture. Not that she has never been too far from the title picture.

Now after another early exit from the Blast From the Past Tournament, Mercedes was again at the crossroads. As she look into a camera, she pushes back a stray strand of hair out of her eyes with the back of her hand.]

“Anyway, before I begin this promo, I want to take time to apologize to my tag team partner, Shane Hawthorne. Shane’s probably angry at me for not helping him save the match, but there is a perfectly reasonable explanation....I twisted my ankle. Yeah, sorry about that. You probably didn't see me hobbling around out there, but it sounded pretty serious and I had to get it looked at by medical personnel, so as much as I would have like to help you, I had to look about me first. I hope you find it in your heart of hearts to forgive me.

[Mercedes offers what she believed to be a sincere smile, thought it's more than likely, well, a 99.9 percent chance, that neither Shane or Amber and Hitamashii wasn't buying it.]

“Amber Ryan, let’s face it, she practically successfully defended her title on a technicality. World championship matches shouldn’t be defended in tag matches. A real champion doesn’t hide behind their tag partner to protect their title reign. But so long as she got another defense in the book, Amber couldn’t care less. A win is a win, right? Amber was going to retain, by hook or by crook. And if what happened three weeks ago was a crime, she should be found guilty as charged. But you know something? Karma has a funny way of dealing with people. Turns out karma is a bigger bitch then I could ever be and poor little Amber found out that lesson the hard way. Serves her right for what she did to me in the the BFTP, and I’m going to remember that. And the next time I see her, I’ll make sure she remembers it too.

“I don't know what to do anymore. I forgot I was even booked this week.”

[Mercedes shakes her head as she remembers that she's facing yet another opponent she's faced in her career, and it doesn't lighten the mood any better. Nonetheless, there was other matters to discuss.]

“Why even waste my time facing someone like Bea Barnhart? Just why? Unless Mark and Christian is giving her a death wish, because that is what she's going to get Sunday. It's not fair to Bea, or to me. Just save her the trouble, just save another match on the card. If Bea Bea thinks she’s going to get another win this week, especially against me, she’s in for a rude awakening.

“It’s one thing to talk about being one of the most successful talents in Sin City Wrestling, it’s another thing to prove it. People like me deserve to face main event talent, not the Bea Barnhart’s of the women’s division. But then again, I don’t make the matches.”

[Her eyes doesn't meet the camera as she looks down for a moment, gathering her thoughts as she brings her hands to her face. This wasn't something that she wanted to get herself into, but there was no turning back now. The match was on whether she liked it or not. A short sigh and she looks up again, a determined stance in her voice, a redemptive fire in her eyes.]

"I am the hardest-working woman in SCW. Find somebody, anybody, who is capable of working two brands the way I have. The answer is you can’t. My success has led others to being successful. It’s why Winter Elemental is champion up in Sin City Underground and is closing in on three months of holding the GRIME Championship and why she is already on her way to another successful defense this weekend.

[Mercedes puts down her nail file, now giving the camera her full attention.]

“As far as my match with you, Bea, I’m just glad we’re getting another chance to hash things out between us. I just find it hilarious that you’re going into this not knowing who you’re dealing with. Do I think you've got what it takes to win this Sunday? Sure. But that doesn't mean it's going to happen. Bea, let me explain something to you. No matter how much you talk, you know deep down in your heart and in your mind and in your soul that you can’t touch me. There’s fear and desperation in your eyes, and there should be. I’ve already beat you the two times we met two years ago. I’m sure you haven’t forgotten Climax Control 277, but I also beat you at Blaze of Glory that year too. When you add up those results, conventional wisdom says that the third time won’t be the charm, mamita.”

[Mercedes suddenly becomes quiet as she reaches for her glasses and slowly pulls them off, folding them in her hands and then placed them next to her.]

“Oops, there I go, talking about the past again. What you don’t seem to understand, Bea, is my past defines who I am. I won’t apologize for my success. It’s not my fault the competition can’t reach for those imaginary brass rings let alone the bar that I’ve set, maybe a little too high, not because they don’t care but because they’re not good enough. This just goes to show you that there are some people in this world that don't like a success story. You are one of these women who hates hearing me talk about my accomplishments. And it’s not because you’re “sick” of them, it’s jealousy. I’m living the career you and all the other Bombshells wish they had. I’ve accomplished things in my career that you haven’t and never will. That is a fact.

Fans have widely criticized that I’m a sore loser. Well, you show me a good loser and I'm going to show you a loser, which typically will be who I’ll be standing across from Sunday. It wasn’t so long ago that after teaming with your husband in winning and quickly losing the World Mixed Tag Team Championship, you’ve been spinning your wheels, Bea. It was only three weeks ago you won a match for the first time in some eight months. Congrats on beating Kaiju Rainbow, though. She hasn’t had the best of luck since her debut, but at least you have your first win in the new year.

“I’m looking to get my elusive first win too, and unfortunately, Beatrice, your name is about to end up on my checklist. I’m so glad SCW sees so much potential in you, Bea, which is why it will bring me so much pleasure when I embarrass you Sunday. And if that sounds like a threat, it’s not. That’s your immediate future.”

[Looking deadset into the camera lens, her voice drops to a whisper though her words hold conviction behind them.]

"Estar preparado para lo peor, esperar lo mejor."
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

[She pauses for effect, lowering her voice just above a whisper.]

"Y que la suerte está siempre en su favor.”
“And may the odds be ever in your favor."

***Fade***
« Last Edit: February 26, 2022, 12:00:18 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)