Author Topic: Glitter is NOT evil  (Read 505 times)

Offline Candy

• View Profile
    • Candy
Glitter is NOT evil
« on: February 11, 2022, 11:46:51 PM »
Scene 1: Glitter is NOT evil!
Where: Candy and Marcus’s house
When: The day after CC #321

**The scene fades up inside the home of Candy and Marcus Cage. Specifically, her “glitter craft” room. The room had a large desk against the wall with a chair in front of it. The desk was covered with different crafting supplies and the like. The far wall had large shelving units that were filled with her supplies. Jars and jars of every color and type of glitter you could imagine. Sequins in varieties of colors, fuzzy materials, and all sorts of things filled the shelves to their brim. Candy sat the desk, just staring at a pile of glitter on the tabletop in front of her with tears in her eyes.**

Candy: How can something SO PRETTY hurt some one? I just don’t get it.

**A single tear fell down her cheek when she felt a paw on her leg. She looked down and there stood Fluffy up on her hind legs, front paws resting on Candy’s leg as if trying to comfort her. Candy cracked a small smile as she pet the head of the pup.**

Candy: Thank you, Fluffy.

**Fluffy barked twice, softly. Candy looked at her.**

Candy: I know you can talk… I remember you and Hero talking to me. Maybe you can only talk when I REALLY need you to?

**As she sat there, trying to cox the pooch to speak, Marcus stood in the doorway watching.**

Marcus: Ruby’s down for her nap, fresh diaper and everything.

Candy: Good. She absolutely loves your bedtime stories.

**He set the baby monitor down on the desk and put his hand on her shoulder.**

Marcus: But how are YOU doing? How’s your neck?

Candy: I’m ok. A little sore, the doctor said there was some bruising but it would go away in a few days. Marcus?

Marcus: Yeah?

Candy: Am I stupid?

**Marcus seemed shocked at the question. He moved over to her side and gently turned her face towards him. He wiped away the tears that had rolled down her cheeks.**

Marcus: Where is this coming from?

**She sniffled twice and looked down.**

Marcus: Is this because of Alicia?

**Candy looked back up at him, her eyes red from tears, as she slowly nodded her head.**

Candy: I really believed she was hurt. That I hurt her. I felt terrible and thought that I blinded her! And she took advantage of that, and tricked me into feeling bad for her. Because I’m stupid, I believed her.

**Marcus’s heart broke, hearing his wife say those words. He wasted no time taking her in his arms.**

Marcus: You are NOT stupid. Not even a little. People like Alicia… they thrive off of making people feel bad about themselves. You are one of the best people I have ever met. You are kind, and caring. You care deeply about everyone, and you always see the bright side or the best in people. And that makes some people mad. People like Alicia. And I am sick and tired of seeing people make you feel this way.

**Candy pulled back from the embrace and looked at Marcus very serious.**

Candy: Please, don’t get involved this time, Marcus. Last time you did, Fenris almost hurt you.

Marcus: I know. I just… I wish you had a bit of a mean streak sometimes to tell these people off. And I want to help you with that… I want to become your official manager for SCW. I want to be the person to speak on your behalf and say the things you are too nice to say.

Candy: I don’t know, Marcus… I don’t want anyone trying to hurt you.

Marcus: It will take more than they can throw at me. Trust me. You are going to do this Blast From The Past. You and your partner are going to do awesome. You’re going to win, and move forward in the tournament. Starting next week… things are going to be different. I promise.

**He held his crying wife as the scene faded**
user posted image