Author Topic: Where have I been and where am I going from here  (Read 530 times)

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
Where have I been and where am I going from here
« on: February 04, 2022, 11:53:08 PM »
Question…

What four words can bring back someone from the brink of never looking back?  What four words can start a fire from banked coals of ambition and desire?  What four words could possibly make me return to SCW?     

Answer…

Blast from the Past.

Where have you been hiding?

Dateline:  Early September…Houston Texas

“Isn’t it time you went and started your physio?” questions a voice as a pair can be seen relaxing on a rather worn leather sectional that dominates the room.  The speaker runs a slow hand through the hair of the woman who is resting on his lap.  He offers a smile at the woman before booping her on the nose.  “You know that your surgery went off without a hitch and you need to get working on your comeback.  The only reason you are stuck here is that you are licking your wounds and that ain’t a good thing darlin’ if you ask me.”

Looking up as her lip curls to try and avoid responding, Sam Marlowe shakes her head as she holds her arm against her chest and uses her other hand to point at the shoulder that is covered by medical tape.  “But Camo…it still hurts to move,” she whines softly before cradling it.  “I only got out of the hospital days ago,” she adds before fighting to sit up and looks at Colton with a teasing smile and wink.

“Like that ever stopped you Sammi,” he says in response as he leans back, his arms stretching out on the back of the couch.  Sam moves to snuggle into him, her red curls spreading out on his chest.  “Darlin’, you know I know how much it has to hurt but you remember what the doctor said when you got released.  You need to work the muscles and joints otherwise you ain’t going to be able to use that arm effectively.  Let’s go and we can work on some of the easier exercises.”

A soft grunt of denial manages to escape Sam as she brings her other arm up to attempt to cross them in stubbornness.  She is only able to put it against the arm on her chest and glares at the scoff that sounds suspiciously like a laugh.  “All right funny man,” Sam mutters.  “Where are the sheets with the exercises?”

Colton stands and heads towards the door where he points out of.  “I think they are up in your room.  I will get them for you,” he offers.  She watches as he turns to leave only to pull up short as he is almost running over a pair who are walking into the room where the pair have been.  Sam sees them and rolls her eyes as Colton shoots her a sympathetic glance and blows her a kiss.

“So, this is where you have been hiding Samantha,” says the older woman who sits beside Sam and pats her lightly on her knee.  The other woman flops on the couch right by the recovering shoulder, slamming into it forcing a grimace from Sam but not alerting their mother to the ‘accident’.   “Oops,” is muttered by Cyn who gives her younger sister a cold unapologetic smile.

Sam’s mother puts the book that she has carried into the room onto the lap of Sam and then motions for her to open it and then hands her a pen into the hand of her injured arm.  “Now Samantha, we do have to plan for the wedding and you can’t tell me no.  You are a Marlowe and that means that you are going to give me the opportunity to celebrate the wedding of one of my daughters correctly,” begins Mother Marlowe with a sidelong glance at Cyn who is sitting looking at her nails.  Caught between the pair of them, Sam looks trapped and then glances downward to begin writing. 

“Oh mother, I know that Montgomery and I were so impetuous but it was LOVE and we couldn’t wait,” she offers which sends Sam into a coughing fit brought on by the blatant lie of her sister.  Only sparing the briefest of glances at Sam, Cyn smiles at their mother.  Vanessa Marlowe reaches across Sam to pat the knee of Cyn which has the redhead preening with the approval of their mother. 

Sam’s eye roll as she leans back and brings one leg up and over the other to rest the book against.   She motions for her mother to speak. 

“First things first, the dress.  Since you and Colton have decided on a New Year’s Eve wedding, we do not have much time,” begins Sam’s mother only to have Cyn interrupt with a smirk.  “Mother, Sam always said that she wanted to wear your wedding dress don’t you remember?”

Sam smiled at that weak attempt to refocus attention on Cyn.  It was true that she wanted to wear the full southern belle dress that her mother wore at her own wedding.  It was a dress that had been in the family for generations and each one married in it were lucky in love.  Writing down a note she spoke up.  “It’s true Moms, that is the dress I want and I was thinking that we could go and get it so we can get it ready by December.  That saves a little time for the planning of where we are getting married…and when.”

Cyn notices that their mother once more turns her attention to Sam.  Cyn leans forward and rests an elbow on the thigh of Sam once more inflicting an annoying pain that Sam fights to hide from their mother.  “You know mother that Sam really should be more exposed to society.  We should rent out the biggest and best venue here in Houston.  She is a Marlowe after all.  You know it would be expected,” taunts Cyn.  A soft hum is heard from Vanessa before Cyn continues.  “As mother of the bride, you know you want to show your little baby off.”

“Well…” begins their mother but she is stopped by Sam who leans towards her, half to escape the elbow of Cyn and half to impress her own desires for the wedding.  “Moms, we have already decided that we don’t want some kind of big production for the wedding.  Just family and friends, especially with the pandemic and all.  Daddy said we could have it here in the house.  And Moms…it is what Colton and I want.  Please?!?”  The last was in a soft pleading voice which only causes a smirk on the face of Cyn. 

Before Cyn can speak up, Colton reappears with a handful of papers and he leans towards Sam’s mother with a wink and a smile.  “Y’all know ma’am, Sammi and I want something with just family.  Wouldn’t want to share the two most beautiful women with everyone now, would I?” he offers which brings a frown to the lips of Cyn but a self-satisfied look on the face of Vanessa Marlowe.  “Now if you will let me borrow my fiancée, we have some exercises for her shoulder to get done.”

Reaching out to Sam, he offers her a hand that she takes and is helped to her feet.  The pair begin to move towards the door and are stopped by a cough from Cyn who glares at Sam from behind the shoulder of their mother.  “You do know that tonight Montgomery and I are hosting your engagement dinner,” says Cyn, her voice soft and cheerful in direct contrast to the look on her face.  Sam shivers and nods as Colton taps at his temple.  The pair make their escape quickly.   

Fast forward to December 31st…

Philip Marlowe can be seen walking along a hallway dressed in a dark suit with his hair slicked back, a curl teasing over his forehead.  In the distance, the faint sound of partygoers listening to music and enjoying the evening can be heard as he approaches a doorway at the end of the hall.  Suddenly it opens to reveal his wife in a deep green velvet dress.  She smiles while wiping tears from her eyes.  Philip stops and uses his thumb to wipe one silvered tear from her cheek.

“Is she ready?” he enquires as Vanessa nods slowly.  “You head down, and I will bring her along in a moment.”

Vanessa leans up as Philip brushes his lips against her cheek and then turns back to the door while she makes her way downstairs.  Pushing at the door, he calls out.  “You don’t want to keep your young man waiting Princess, otherwise he is gonna run for the…” he says before he is rendered speechless.

A vision in cream colored lace can be seen looking out a large window.  At his voice, the redhead looks back through a gossamer veil with a soft smile.  “Are you okay Daddy?” asks Sam softly as she turns to give him a full view of her in the dress.  The bodice of lace and silk fits to her figure without a wrinkle and flares out into a full silk skirt with an overskirt of lace that trails off into a train.  Sam has a cascade of red curls trailing along her shoulders with the veil being held in place with a small tiara of gold and pearls.  She moves closer as her father nods and then tugs at his suitjacket. 

“I’m fine Princess Sammi but seeing you like that, I don’t know what to say.  I still see you in that beat up baseball jersey with one tooth missing and a side ponytail that is a rat’s nest,” he says which causes Sam to blush but laugh.  “When did my little girl grow up?”

“I am still your little girl Daddy but just taller,” say replies which has her father laugh out loud.  Philip reaches up and rubs a hand against the cheek of Sam before turning and offering her his arm.  “Let’s do this,” he says as Sam reaches for a small bouquet before sliding her hand through the arm offered and leans somewhat against the arm of her father. 

Leaving the room, the pair move towards the stairs that lead to the large room where guests can be seen looking up at the two.  Sam and Philip stop for a moment and look over the small group of people below.  Reaching for the bannister, Philip guides Sam down the stairs and towards a small alter where Colton can be seen standing watching as Sam moves towards him.  The redhead smiles shyly as they make it to where he is waiting.  Philip lets go of her hand and then places it in the hand of Colton who mouths the words thank you.  Philip Marlowe nods as the sound of a sob can be heard from behind him as Colton’s mother brings a white lace hankie up to hold over her mouth as she tries to hold her emotions in.

“You look beautiful Sammi,” whispers Colton as he guides her forward to where a minister is standing. “So do you,” she answers before both of them turn their attention to the minister who begins to speak.

“Dearly beloved, we are gathered here…

The minister motions for both of them to repeat their vows then asks for the rings.  Blessing them, he offers Sam’s to Colton and asked him to place it on her finger repeating his vow.  Sam takes the hand of Colton and fights to get his ring on as she speaks her vows.  Once they are finished, the minister checks on the clock where the last two minutes of the year are ticking away.  As they do, he pronounces them man and wife.  Just as the clock strikes midnight, Colton is advised to kiss his wife which he does with a smile as Sam tilts her head up for the kiss as confetti hides the couple as the new year is rung in.

I guess everyone has probably been wondering where I have been and what I have been doing since last August when I was last in a SCW ring.  Well, to be honest, I was seriously looking down the barrel of announcing my retirement from wrestling.  I finally took the time to get some old injuries taken care of and there was the question that kept nagging at the back of my mind…was this the excuse I was looking for.  Was it what I needed to actually fade away from SCW. 

And you know what, it was there, that soft banked idea that I would come back and once more be the same Sam Marlowe with the same desire and the same fire.  And for the moment, the answer was an emphatic no.  I was enjoying the time away…I was healing and I had plans to take it easy.  And then the call came…and I was invited to join the Hall of Fame and my friend Ben inducted me and from that a kernel of desire was formed.  It continued with discussion boards and twitter and predictions that made me smile but it also made me think.

Should I come back?  Slowly that answer moved from a no to a maybe.  I mean I watched week in and week out the bombshells that make the division the best in the wrestling world in my opinion.  Which then made me think there were more challenges I needed to meet and defeat.  After all there was so much that I had left in the tank.  Imagine if I returned and fought my way back into title contention…

Well, I looked at the title picture and I happened to see the dominance of the champions and that kernel grew a little.  The desire to test myself against Amber Ryan…the desire to shut Andrea Hernandez up…the desire to once more wear a title that was associated with yours truly.  But is being ably defended by Krystal Wolfe.  I knew however that I would have to work harder to get into that title picture and don’t think I am not ready for it but instead I healed and trained and now I am ready to get back into the swing so to speak.  But thinking about it, I knew I didn’t want to dive in the deep end too quickly.

And then the time struck with the call from management.  Picture it, I am in the middle of training for a possible return and I get a call from Mark Ward asking me if I was going to be returning for the Blast from the Past tournament.  Is it kismet or something else.  Whatever it was I decided that it would be the perfect way to ease back into the ring.  So, here I am and once again, Sam Marlowe will grace an SCW ring.   I had to laugh at it, a mixed tag match tournament where I would be the partner of some superstar that I have no way of know who they are.

Fast forward to Inception and the teams are announced.  I was sitting watching intently to see who it would be that I am teamed with.  And then it was announced…my partner was the monster…Supreme Machine.  Most bombshells would be afraid to be paired with someone that has a very bad reaction to women.  I though am not most bombshells.  Yes, my partner is Supreme Machine and I am going to hold up my end of the team and will not let him down.  I will make sure that I am not the weak link.  I have been in the position of being eliminated in the first round…I have made it to the quarter finals only to be cheated out of a chance to fight in the final.  I have made it to the finals of the tournament only to be defeated due to the fact that my partner would have to face his own wife…am I bitter about that…nah but this time I am going into this with no real expectations other than to have fun with it. 

So, first round has been announced and guess what, I have myself a match.  The opening round sees me and Supreme Machine in a match against Jack Washington and Krystal Wolfe.  On paper, seems so very one sided with a current champion teaming with a former heavyweight champion against a former champion and a newcomer who hasn’t worn gold in SCW.  That is what it says on paper but on the mat in the middle of the ring, that is where it is going to be so different.

Knowing the rules of the match, I really don’t have to worry about Jack Washington because well, boys fight boys and girls fight girls.  So, Supreme Machine will have to worry about Jack Washington and I will have my sights set fully on Krystal Wolfe with laser focus.

That is right Krystal, my focus for this match is right on you.  I have been watching you and I have to say that I am impressed with what you have accomplished in the time I have been out.  You grabbed the Roulette title and you proceeded to put a big dent into the records I have held with it.  I admit freely that you have done things that deserve my respect and trust when I say you do have my respect.  Sad part is that I never had a chance to face you for that title because if I had been given that chance, it might be that you would be looking at me with the belt and you wishing to be getting it back.  Or just maybe I would be chasing you to regain the title just to keep my records intact.  But that is neither here nor there this weekend.

No, this weekend your title is safe given the fact that upper management didn’t want you to defend the title in this match.  More is the pity considering that you are such a great champion.  Guess having a former champion challenge you in a match where should you get pinned you lose twice.  First you get ousted in the first round of the tournament AND you lose the Bombshell Roulette title.  So luckily, this match will only see you lose once.

Now before you say it, I know I am at a disadvantage because I have ‘ring rust’ from not being in the ring for so long.  You keep thinking that Krystal but I will be honest with you.  Yes, I have been out of an SCW ring for six months but I have not been idle. 

I don’t know if you know the Staggs Dungeon being a GO Gym grad.  Guess who was trained by the first ever bombshell Hall of Famer Vixen Staggs.  Guess who has been training since I got the go ahead from my surgeon.  I have had my mentor and friend Vixen Staggs putting me through my paces and I have had Spike Staggs offer me pointers.  Now I am not saying that I am unbeatable but I am warning you Krystal, I am ready for this.  I am ready for you.

The question though should be are your ready for me.  You see, we haven’t faced each other in the ring, one on one and that is something that really needs to be addressed.  Granted you are the one breaking my records and good for you.  You have every right to crow about how good you are and how you are going to keep dominating as the Roulette champion.  I want you to be able to stand up and declare that you are the best Roulette champion ever.  Maybe you are, maybe you aren’t but we won’t really know that unless you face the person that set those records in the first place. 

The Blast from the Past tournament round one is the place that you are going to get the first taste of what it means to take me on.  I am a high flying, risk taking dangerous bombshell who doesn’t run from a fight but rather brings the fight to my opponent.  And sad to say, the first time you face me, I am going to hand you a loss.

Oh and another warning Ms Wolfe.  You might want to hold that title you have close to your chest Krystal because if I ever get a chance at it, I am going to take it back. That is not a threat, that is a guarantee.

So good luck in the tournament Krystal, you are going to need it.  And I am sorry for the loss you are about to suffer.