Author Topic: AJM and TEMPEST (c) vs GOTH and MERCEDES VARGAS - MIXED TAG TITLES  (Read 2873 times)

Online Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 5k limit.

Good luck!
Modify message

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
Re: AJM and TEMPEST (c) vs GOTH and MERCEDES VARGAS - MIXED TAG TITLES
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2021, 01:51:48 AM »
Fallout

Have you ever had a woman so angry at you that she stops talking?

It’s a terrifying experience. When people yell and scream they are showing emotion, they are showing you and telling you how they think and feel. It helps, it pushes the conversation forward. However, when a woman goes quiet you know you fucked up. The house was silent. Eerily silent. But not silent to the point where we are dipping into the horror area. Austin sat in his kitchen, staring across the house, through the archway and the loungeroom to the door on the far side leading to Amy’s room.

He shook his head, terrified of what she was doing or thinking. Things had not ended well. Austin told Amy he threatened Xavier, told him to stay away, that he wasn’t welcome in Amy or her sons’ life. He thought he was doing the right thing, hiding the fact he was alive and well from his sister.

Things didn’t go well.

To say the least.

She was angry, her eyes burned with a fire that Austin her never seen, her fists balled up and her nails dug into her palms. She squeezed so hard her nails almost broke her skin. Her chest rose and fell, she was furious and Austin readied himself for the explosion. He could handle that, handle the anger and the fury. Being able to apologize and tell her his own personal reasons. What he wasn’t expecting was the silence. The calm washed over her as she simply uttered two words.

Get out.

He knew better than to argue, to plead, or to say anything. He stood up, left the room and that was it. The last 2 weeks had been an exercise in patience. Amy would emerge from her room, move around the house, eat, drink, talk to Lisa but acted as if Austin didn’t even exist. And he let it go. Two weeks of silent treatment. No greetings or goodbyes, no eye contact, nothing.

He wanted to go in there, lay it all out, apologize again, and then ask what they were going to do. After all the date of the first arbitration was approaching, and Austin needed to prepare with Amy, to make sure they had their plan of attack right with the attorney. They had to talk. Austin hyped himself up, pushing off the kitchen bench and moving through towards Amy’s room. But before he could get there, reaching out to grab the doorknob, Lisa stopped him.

Her hand reached out, coming from the side to grab Austin’s wrist. She turned him towards her and shook her head, a kind look in her eyes as Austin wanted to press forward. ”Don’t…” She smiled again, pulling on his arm, walking backward, and leading Austin away and back into the kitchen.”She isn’t ready…” He sighed heavily shaking his head as Lisa turned and pulled out a beer, opening it and sliding it towards him.

He grabbed it and took a sip letting out a sigh, trying to relax as he turned and looked towards the door again. ”I get it, I do, but we have bigger things to worry about. Amy needs to get over it and-”

Lisa put her hand up, shook her head with a sigh, and reached out wrapping her hands around his free one. ”I get it, I do. But, she is angry, very angry. And hurt. In fact, I think the disappointment is what hurts the most.” She paused, staring right into Austin’s eyes. He started calming down with a small nod, Lisa spoke a little louder, straightening her back, pushing out her chest with confidence. ”I know you, i know your heart was in the right place, but I also know you will burst into that room trying to be authoritative. You’ll try and tell Amy what to do and why. And even though, technically you’ll be right, you need to see it from her point of view..”

Austin breathed in and out pushing any frustration right out and away. ”I know…”

”Do you?”She raised her eyebrows with the question, almost as if not believing him. ”She needs reassurance. She needs love and help, not being told what to do, asked what she wants to do.” Austin folded his arms over his chest with a raised eyebrow. ”Don’t look at me like that. You know what I mean and you know I’m right. It’s hard for you not to play the saviotr, the leader. And I know it comes from a great place, I know you love her. But, for the love of good it’s HER life Aus…”

He looked down, his heart dropped. Lisa was right, she wasn’t just seeing this from a woman’s point of view. But from a family member’s point of view. Someone who loved them, both, who grew closer to Amy and loved her like a sister. ”So, what do I do? I don’t know here.”

Lisa shook her head and sighed, before she could answer there was a click, the door opened. Austin turned his head and Amy tilted her head with a sigh. ”We need to talk.”

The Domination

”Tempest and I are getting sick of this.”

Austin folded his arms over his chest, music playing in the background as he is surrounded by Halloween decorations. A party clearly happening at the Wolfslair gym, being done midweek as most shows happen over the weekend.

”We are clearly on track to be the most dominant team in this company. Two competitors, two monsters who could have dominated in singles competition thrown together to become a team. And this, this is the result. She and I are working together, getting better, and working hard. And yet we have to struggle and demand, DEMAND that we have challengers. And very few people take us up on it, a chance to become a champion, and let me tell you, these titles mean more than they are even given credit for. Look at the former champions. Mercedes Vargas held them, she was a world champion.”

“Sierra Williams, she is a current champion in another company.”

“Alex and Johanna held them, Kris Ryans and Mikah. The who’s who of SCW and some of the best we have ever seen step between those ropes but you think the titles and the champions get any respect? I am a former World champion, a former Internet champion, I have beaten some of the best this company has ever seen. I have held titles in other companies and dominated. These titles have been held by the best yet they and the champions are treated like afterthoughts.”

“So, we had to throw out an open challenge. We had to go searching for our own challengers and to get interested in these titles all because so many others aren’t capable of coming for us without a gentle push. So Tempest and I took the initiative. Climax Control 314, we threw out the challenge and thank fuck someone accepted for High Stakes.”

Austin laughed to himself and shook his head.

”But, I mentioned Mercedes before, her and Goth accepting this. And as much as I am free to admit Mercedes history and just how good she has been in the past and her accomplishments. I can remind each and every one of you how she has held every title she possibly can in this company. A former Bombshells champion, Roulette, Internet, Mixed tag and Bombshells tag team champions. Let's face it Mercedes has done it all. She has been one of the leading lights of this company and the bombshells division for years. In 2016 2017 and 2018 onwards she has been at the top of her game and everyone knows who she is. She has been great in other companies. Mercedes Vargas is a legend in this business.”

“You cannot take anything away from her that she has done. Anyone who sits and tries to discredit her in any way shape or form is lying to themselves. However, the last few years have not been kind to her. She has not held the top championship in almost five years. She has not held a singles championship and made any waves of note in years. Even the mixed tag team championships, the titles that she has now set her sights on she has not held in years. And now Mercedes is stepping up to myself and Tempest. Tempest has already shown that she can best Mercedes when they are in the ring together and at high stakes, the biggest show of the year is not going to be any different. Tempest is going to walk all over you Mercedes, she is going to take you and break you in half because that is what my tag team partner does. And while you are also in a thrown-together team, you are facing two people who after they were thrown together became the greatest mixed tag team this company has ever seen”

“And the truth is Mercedes,while you still have a lot to offer this business and you are still talented,you are not the force that you once were.And it's not that you cannot be, it's not that you can't break through that glass ceiling again and become a champion.It's because you won't allow yourself to be honest. You refuse to look in the mirror and see the person that you are instead of the person that you used to be that you want to be again.”

“In fact, let me draw some parallels between yourself and my mentor and friend Alex Jones. Alex rose back to the top of the wrestling world when he became the Sin City wrestling world champion by beating Griffin Hawkins. He showed the world what he could do then but he became arrogant and cocky, he forgot what brought him to the dance and he forgot that he needed to work at it. He failed and all of his confidence disappeared. Alex had to be honest with himself, he had to look in the mirror and remember that he was getting older and needed to compensate and needed to change his attitude and admit his failures and his mistakes. It's something that you have never been able to do Mercedes, you have never been able to look right in the mirror and tell yourself where your failures were and what kind of strides you needed to take to improve.”

“And nothing has changed.”

Austin offers a small shrug and a nod before folding his large arms over his chest staring bright ahead.

”And it's funny, but you could take almost everything that I just said about Mercedes and transfer it right over. Goth much like Mercedes has basically done at all in this company. A former tag team champion, an Internet champion, a roulette champion, and of course a world champion.No one can take any of that away from Goth. No one can sit there and with a straight face say that he didn't make an impact on this company and help it drive forward in the past. I'm never in the business of lying. I'm not going to take someone else’s accomplishments and accolades an shit on them just for the sake of making myself look better. I've never done that and I refuse to. There might be one or two instances where somebody lucks into a championship or gets it handed to them but Goth is not that type of person.”

“On the contrary, he's the type of person who will take an opportunity with both hands, he willtry to win at any cost, and he will do everything he can to make any championship that he does happen to win mean something. That is something that I can respect, it's something that everyone should respect. He has an attitude where he carries that air of confidence with him. He is the type of person that I can look at an no will bring a fight.”

“Even though the parallels between Mercedes and him are more than just cosmetic in winning championships.”

“You see Goth,  much like Mercedes has not been able to get their hands on championship gold in some time. And Goth, much like Mercedes also refuses to acknowledge that things need to change and people need to evolve. If he is going to get in the ring with someone like me he needs to evolve.I am the natural evolution of the type of person that he is. Austin James Mercer is a 6 foot 6 wrecking ball of a human being who is a former world champion.I have routinely stayed at the top of this business and win championships time and time again refusing to sit on my hands and not improve as a performer and a professional wrestler.”

He gets heated stepping forward with a smile.

”I don't want any of you to get it twisted or to misunderstand this. I am excited about this match. I am excited about the fact that someone, anyone has decided to step up to myself and Tempest in this division. I and even more excited knowing that it is two people who are former world champions who know what it is like to succeed and are willing to do whatever it takes to get back to the top of the mountain. Even if that mountain is the mixed tag team division I am under no question that Mercedes and goth will be bringing everything that they can at High Stakes.

“And that excites me. Because I know that Tempest and I will do the exact same thing and we will give the ships the kind of fight and competition that they deserve. For too long the titles have just been looked at as a second-place prize for those who are waiting for their singles glory. Tempest and I have been making sure that everyone remembers what tag team wrestling is.In the beginning, I wasn't that excited about it, but now I know these championships deserve more. And these two former world champions coming for us shows it.I am looking forward to facing you,but you need to understand, you will be in for the fight of your life if you want to take these titles from us. Roll the dice and bring it.
>

Offline Goth

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Gerrit
« Reply #2 on: October 30, 2021, 02:53:07 PM »

A wake up call from the past

“I never thought I would ever tag with someone ever again” Says the man we all know as Goth, as he is sitting poolside with his girlfriend chatting while his son is having fun with some of his friends. The two hold hands as they look at the children who throw a beach ball to each other while laughing out loud. “And it will be the first time that I will have a woman to be my tag team partner, a Bombshell hall of fame legend.” He adds, smiling as he sees his son being pushed under water by his best friend before coming back up once more, tossing his head from left to right before jumping his friend. “How do you think the two of you will coexist??” Asks Melissa, staring at him before placing her head on his shoulder. “I wonder whether I should be jealous with you two inside the ring.” She says with a playful smile upon her face as she sees him turn his attention towards her with a bemused look on his face. “You?? Jealous?? Please….” The two laugh as their attention turn back towards his son.

“I do have to admit that both Austin and Tempest are formidable opponents Gerrit. How will you two overcome these two….. behemoths??” Her look has changed to a concerned one, she knew that Goth has had many wars against powerful men and could go toe to toe with a lot of them. But Austin has become a real violent man, attacking the brother of Fenris or even hurting some of his own friends. It worried her that he had shown no remorse about his actions, even enjoyed inflicting pain upon others. Goth had noticed the concern upon her face as he wraps his arm across her shoulder and pulls her closer towards him. “I know I can tell you that I will be okay and that you shouldn’t worry about it, but that would be foolish for me to believe that I could convince you otherwise.” His face turns into a look of concern, he had seen Austin inflict his domination inside the ring. Realizing that he is one of the more powerful and cunning individuals that is currently on the Sin City Wrestling roster, he had always welcomed the challenge to test his strength with any other wrestlers. But this man is different, it made him think back to the early days of his career prior to him joining SCW. Especially one name comes to mind. “Jaymz….” He mutters as his thoughts drift off to past memories of him waging wars with a seven feet Russian descendant that was one of his strongest and vicious opponents he had ever faced… “Who??” She asks, raising an eyebrow for a moment or two as Goth thoughts turn back to present moment. “Nothing.” He lies, trying to keep his past away from her. She had never seen any matches of his younger days, where violence had always marked his career. Jaymz was one of the few wrestlers that got under his skin, somehow even striking fear in his heart when hearing his name being called out. It had taken him a year before he finally was able to beat him, the mere thought caused shivers to run up and down his body. “Are you sure??” She asks him as he feels her fingers gently squeeze his arm while her face stares at him with concern. He was about to answer her when….

SPLASH!!!!

Both Goth and Melissa had taken their eyes off of his son, who had gotten out of the pool and jumped back in right in front of them. The water splash into their faces as they turn to him in utter surprise, but their shocked faces quickly turn into smiles as they both jump into the water and chase him. “Not fair!!!” He screams out while laughing, Goth manages to grab him and tosses him out of the water as he lands a few feet further back into the water.“You know that I always do what I need to win right??” Says Goth with a twinkle in his eyes, he is thankful for the distraction that his son had caused as he notices that Melissa had apparently forgotten about the name he had mentioned as she is chasing his son. He slowly lowers himself to a seated position in the water, drowning his head under water for a few moments in an attempt to cool off a little. Wondering why the name of Jaymz had reappeared inside his head?? Was it merely for the physicality that he could bring?? Or more the fact that a lot of people didn’t took his ability to play mind games with you seriously? But what does that got to do with Austin James Mercer?? He turns his gaze towards his son and girlfriend for a few moments as his son was yelling his name, smiling and splashing some water back at his son. He quickly swims over towards them and he grabs his son before lifting him up in the air and tossing him into the pool a few foot further. It quickly ends up with everyone ganging up on him, causing everyone to end up in laughter as Goth “submits” to the group ganging up on him. They ultimately manage to push him under water, only for him to grab Melissa over his shoulders and runs around the pool with her on his shoulders. Both are laughing out loud before he pushes her into the deep end of the pool before doing the same with his son and his friends. He quickly swims over to the edge of the pool and gets out. He flexes his muscles a few moments before walking towards the pool chair near the swimming pool. He grabs his towel and uses it to dry himself from the water before sitting down while watching his family enjoying themselves.

“It cannot be just merely because he is big and powerful” He mutters to himself before sipping a glass of orange juice, he closes his eyes for a few moments in an attempt to relax. It only takes a few moments before his thoughts go back to some of his most gruelling confrontations that he has ever had with Jaymz. Remembering the scars that he has from the battles, broken bones and torn muscles. And yet he had no regret of any of the confrontations that he had endured, simply because it made him a better wrestler. “I bet you never thought I would give you an compliment like that huh big man??” He smiles, wondering what the monster would say… “Probably that I am getting senile.”

Goth wonders about Austin James Mercer, he had the open challenge of him and Tempest. They wanted some competition as Goth and Mercedes were more than happy to oblige. “Be careful what you ask for…..  is something that I have learned the hard way.” But Goth knows that the tag champs aren’t the competitors that take their opposition lightly, their dominant reign has proven that fact as well that they had no chemistry before joining forces and take home the gold. Wondering if he and Mercedes have got what it takes to dethrone the dominant force that is their opposition, especially after witnessing how Tempest took care of Mercedes at last week’s Climax Control in a Coffin match. He realized that this type of match favoured Tempest, but he had seen Mercedes dominate wrestlers of all kinds in the past. Causing him to wonder if this is the infamous quote of whether they are past their prime, but chuckles at that statement. “Maybe I am, but I am too stubborn to accept that fact.” The smile slowly fades, he knows that this moment he cannot take things lightly. Remembering the last few matches he had been in and sighs as he realizes that he had come up short. “I hate losing” He softly whispers, not wanting anyone to hear him. He knew that Melissa and his son were used to it by now, they always gave him a few days to collect his thoughts and watch his anger subside. This was something that through the two decades of his career he could not accept. The desire to compete and to be the very best is something he probably will take to his grave. “It sucks to be me.” Again he smiles before dozing off as the shot fades.

”Wake up you idiot.” Says a voice that Goth had not heard for a long time. He quickly opens his eyes, noticing that he is no longer at the swimming pool.”What is going on?? Where am I??” He looks around, letting his eyes adjust to the dark secluded room that he is inside off. There’s one light flickering on a table, causing a shadow to fall upon it from a man that stands besides the little table. Goth can make out of the shade that this figure is rather tall, as the only part of it that he can see is the end of his arms and his waist. ”Who the hell are you??” He hears himself ask the figure causing a dark and sinister laugh to be heard from him. A laugh that Goth recognizes”Did you really needed to ask?? I thought us old friends could just visit each other without notification?” This angers Goth, he tries to get up. ”What the??” He looks down at his arms, noticing that his wrists are being taped shut to the arm rests of the chair. The same can be said about his ankles being tied to the chair as well.  ”I am sorry for that Goth, but you can understand that I cannot allow you to get too physical with me now can I??” He says with a heavy accent before laughing with a deep and dark laugh. His right hand cn be seen grabbing a glass of liquid, lifting it upwards to his mouth as Goth can hear him drink. His eyes are trying to adjust to the darkness that surrounds the table light. Hoping that he could actually see the face of the man that he believes it is. He grinds his teeth while attempting to free his hands from the arm rest. ”Please Goth, if I wanted to hurt you I would have done so already wouldn’t you think??” The words make sense inside his head, causing him to stop and just stare towards the figure.”I got your attention, that’s good. You see Goth, I don’t like it when you bring up my name just because you started to get all mushy.” ”Jaymz??”Goth responds to the words that came from the big man. This causes him to reach out behind him as he starts to sit. We see the outer line of his face, causing Goth to see the familiar scars in the face of the man that he had hated for all these years. A man that he could not beat in either tag or singles matches for a year or so until that faithful night. ”You still get turned on by thinking about Psycho Circus Goth??” Goth grinds his teeth, clearly he must be dreaming as there is no way that Jaymz could read his mind. ”A dream? Oh please, you are even more pathetic compared to what I have seen from you on television. I guess living in an era where you need to watch what you are saying, not wanting to harm the tender souls of the little kids has made you really soft.” Goth grinds his teeth, he hated to admit it but he made a good point. The days back in 2006 and after was so much different compared to now. Sometimes he had wanted to turn back the clock, but then didn’t because of his son. He sighs and shakes his head. ”I am sorry Jaymz, I…. ”Sorry? You are sorry?? Don’t come to me with bullshit like that. If I had known that I had brought Bob the Builder in my house instead of the man that was my toughest opponent?? I would have shot you in the face right here and right now.” There’s a moment of silence between the two men. ”What do you actually want from me Jaymz??” A sinister chuckle could be heard as the man takes another sip from his glass. ”Finally a reasonable question, what do I want from you?? You already know that I got everything I want Goth. That’s the difference between you and me. I do not need to prove myself over and over again that I am still capable of beating whomever I step in the ring with. Not needing the recognition for my ego to know that I am the best Goth. Does that sound familiar??” Goth remains silent, hating every single word that Jaymz is stating…. Mostly because he agrees with him. ”Now I am aware that you you need that approval for yourself that you are still that top caliber wrestler.. and what happens?? You lose to that Hilton Bitch? You are not in the picture for the world title?? Where is that Goth that I knew that YOU can be?? Don’t disgrace me but mostly yourself with this pathetic rip off.” The words causes the blood to boil over inside his body. His teeth are grinding to themselves as he wants to reach for Jaymz his throat. ”Please Goth, I didn’t ty you up to protect myself from you. I did it because I would break you in half….. And don’t think I will” Goth’s heartbeat is pounding faster and faster, he sees red in front of his eyes as he has enough from the taunt that Jaymz is giving him. ”You know full well that I have beaten you more than you could remember… I..” ”THAN SHOW ME THAT GOTH!!!” Jaymz screams as he has thrown the glass past the face of Goth causing him to suddenly wake up by having water splashed in his face by his grinning son.”I got you dad” Goth smiles as he watches his son swim away from him, he thinks back to the final words of his old arch nemesis before waking up.”I will show you Jaymz…”

Present day

“Why can’t I just stay away??? Good question, I hope some of you out there can answer me. Because I sure as hell am clueless on that matter to begin with”
Goth laughs as we see him sitting in a corner of a locker room after having done a workout. He wears a black sleeveless shirt, matching black shorts. His sneakers are on the floor beside him as his feet are soaking in a bucket of warm water. He has a towel draped over his shoulders while leaning his head back against the wall. “I know what you are thinking, not really the image that you would have with a legendary wrestler like me.“ He smiles as he sighs and remains quiet for a few moments. “But you have to understand that when you come at a point in your career like yours truly, everything changes as it forces you to adapt and move on.” He reopens his eyes and stares at the camera who just records his every movement. “Some of you believe that I just need to retire once more, move on and enjoy the accolades that I have deserved throughout my career. Others would claim that everything that I do now would only harm my legacy…. And what do I think??” A sinister smile emerges upon his face. “I just feel that I have more to give than anyone could possibly believe…. Isn’t that what makes life exciting?? To prove that I am not some kind of relic that should be inside a retirement home?? And all I can say to those doubters out there, you could be right…..”

“Until that day comes that I regret to get out of my bed in the early morning and perform my morning yoga…. I am not going anywhere. I guess that makes it easier for me to enjoy my daily life with my family as well as keeping my body prepared to perform. And to perform with all these current day superstars makes it even more exciting, athletes like Caleb Storms, Mark Cross even the Hilton kid to name a few…. And yes I realize that not every result was as favourable as I had hoped it would be…. But would that be a reason for me not to step up and challenge the tag team champions along with my newest tag team partner?? Of course not.”
A reaction that is followed by a smile. “To be honest, people are wondering why I asked Mercedes. And the only reason I could come up with is trust.”

“I realize that there are similarities between the team of yours truly and Mercedes when it comes down to the tag team champs. Two single wrestlers put together and become a team to challenge for the gold. And yet there are differences as well, like the fact that they were put together because someone came up with that idea…. Whereas me and Mercedes agreed together… Two wrestlers that know each other, two wrestlers that respect each other’s careers and ability… whereas it comes down to Austin and Tempest?? Well I am sure that they have learned to accept and respect their tag team partner after every single match. I respect that”

“It makes me think back to me and Brother Grimm, two men that became tag team partners and won championship gold…. Defying the expectations of the critics who believe that no team with chemistry can be beaten by two singles wrestlers. And guess what??”
A smile emerges upon his face. “The question would arise whether me and Mercedes deserve a championship match against the clear cut favourites in our debut match. Clearly they cannot coexist now can they??”[/color][/b]

Goth raises his hands to his face and slowly runs his hands through his hair as he sighs.

“Questions, always questions. And instead of giving answers, I prefer to create my own answers that does not coexist with that what others would believe in. I wonder what you two believe in Austin and Tempest?? I’m sure that it can’t be good… or else you two would just simply hand over the tag team titles on a silver platter to the likes of me and Mercedes Vargas…. But recent history dictates that you are fighting champions…. Something that I have always respected”

“Championship reigns, everyone wants to have a great championship run…. And nobody wishes it to end. But I am sure that at least one of the two of you know how that must feel like now don’t you Austin?? It’s that one key element of championship reigns that is so essential, yet preferred to be overlooked by those who has to succumb to the inevitable that has to happen. But yes, we all mentally agree that it will happen. But we seek excuses to tell ourselves that it at least will not happen tonight, or to that person or persons confronting you at that given time…. Causing the disappointment to only grow larger by the moment that it overcomes the odds on favourite doesn’t it??”

“Now you do not have to tell me how that must feel like champs, because I do too have felt that lingering moment of having a title slipping your hands during a match… Resisting is all you can do, telling yourself to stick to your gameplan and do not worry too much on the doubt that is lingering inside your mind…. And yet…, it will happen. I have fought all over the world, I have been in many of companies… hell I have ran my own while competing in this company at the same time… Just for the fun of it… keeping you sharp and in the process taking down those who are in utter belief that they are better than me.”

He smiles

“I can go on for hours and hours, boring you to death upon how I have done so many things in this or any other company…. But you want to hear why I think I am the one along with Mercedes that will do something that many have tried before us? So that you can tell me how wrong I am, that I need to keep my promo’s short and not so boring. And all I can say is to my two soon to be opposition inside that six sided ring. I know that me and Mercedes will be able to beat you, I can taste that glorious sensation of having our hands raised at the end of the match…. Staring down our opposition and realize that we went through a war and overcame the odds that was in front of us… The odds that YOU TWO presented for us to overcome. Because I have wanted to test my ability against you for such a long time Austin, just like I did with Mark Cross, Mac Bane…. And many others… And decided to take on your and Tempest challenge because I knew that I could show you upon the grandest stage of them all how good me and Mercedes really are… I know you are strong Austin, I know you are agile for a big man. And yet, I feel like I have felt when I beat Mark Cross in only my second ever match back that I could overcome you…. Whether that will be enough for me and Mercedes to take home the gold?? That is a question that needs to be answered inside that six sided ring….. I have watched you for a while now Austin…. As I have watched Tempest… And I know there are weaknesses that we can built from and take advantage off. Because no matter how dominant you two seem to be…. It is never what it really seems to be in the long run my friends. And that truly makes everything so interesting….”

With that he smiles as the shot slowly fades.

>

<span style="color:limegreen">First Ever Triple Crown and Grand Slam Winner and 2nd ever Grand Slam Winner</span>

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 30, 2021, 04:10:42 PM »
"When you want something done right...

All Hallows Eve -
The Go Gym

Gabriel: What the bloody hell are you doing here?

Those were the exact words that Gabriel said in a state of surprise when the door to the Go Gym’s lobby swung open and the 6’3” amazon Tempest stalked inside, her gym bag swung over her shoulder as she approached. A slight frown creased on her brow as she detoured from the women’s locker room in the back of the gym to where Gabriel stood in front of one of the two rings, personally supervising a session with a handful of students inside of the six-sided ring.

Tempest: Well, hello to you too.

She stepped up to his side and cast a sidelong glance to the session currently going on inside of the ring. Two young men were engaging in a mat wrestling session where one youth had ensnared the other into a side headlock and hip tossed him over to the canvas, whereas the other quickly countered the predicament by ensnaring his co-student into a head scissors. While his ‘opponent’ bucked his legs in an escape attempt, the young charge briefly glanced at Tempest and his face blanched as if he suspected one of them would be coerced into being her sparring partner and he doubted either one would be ready for that just yet.

Her reputation had preceded her.

Tempest then turned away from the in-ring action and smiled at Gabriel, a rare thing indeed but he was a man that had long ago earned her respect. He was a man of his word and a hard worker, and he always took care of his own. Admirable traits, and regrettably, ones that ran quite rare these days.

Tempest: Might ask the same of you, though. Surprised the Gym is even open considering tomorrow is Halloween. Shouldn’t you be getting your little ones ready?

Gabriel: Despy’s usual Halloween party is tonight. Odette is finishing getting the kids ready for Trick or Treating. They wanted their costumes to be a surprise so that’s why I’m here. So long as you’re in town, you could come…?

Tempest shook her head.

Tempest: I don’t do the costume thing. I appreciate the gesture, though.

Gabriel: But you’re changing the subject. You do that a lot, you know?

Tempest made a face, knowing she had been caught. It was true, however, what he said. When there was an unavoidable truth to be told, and she didn’t want to confide, she made the attempt to sway the topic at hand. Sometimes without realizing it. It had just always been that way so she there were times she didn’t even realize that she was doing it. Like when questions arose every now and then from the Stevens about her personal life or past. They didn’t do it to be nosy or to pry. She, like the other students before her, had come under their care. And despite the fact she was a grown woman and probably the oldest of the GO Gym graduates, she found it endearing how Gabriel and Odette looked out for her. Getting to know her by bits and pieces was simply another method; even if there was a part of her that yet remained hidden.

Tempest: Fair. I was in town and decided to see if you were open to get in a last minute session before I went back to New York.

Gabriel: ‘Went back’? You mean you were in New York and you decided on a whim to fly cross-country to get in a workout? You do realize the hotel Odette set you up in has a gym in-house?

Tempest: Yes, but it’s not here. And they don’t have a ring.

Gabriel: Okay, point for you. So what are you trying to do? Rack up some frequent flyer miles?

Tempest: No. Just something personal I wanted to take care of.

Gabriel: And it couldn’t have waited?

This time she did not answer with words. She bit her lip and gave her head a slight shake to indicate that it could not have waited, at least to her it couldn’t. This had further attracted Gabriel’s attention - as well as his concern - and he turned away from what was happening inside of the ring and addressed her directly.

Gabriel: Is it something Odette or I can help you with?

Again, she smiled. That was just like the Stevens. Even if she was off putting or flat out in denial over things, they were always there for her and every other student that came through those doors. Or at the very least, they tried to be. They saw themselves as more than just trainers. Everyone who passed through those very doors became family. And you took care of your family, no matter what.

Tempest: It’s not that serious, Gabriel. If it was, I’d tell you.

To that, Gabriel’s left eyebrow rose in a critical and questioning manner, causing her to snort back a laugh of derision.

Tempest: Maybe.

Gabriel smiled at himself this time and nodded.

Gabriel: Okay, I won’t pry. But it is getting late. You can probably get in at least a quick workout. I’d hate to subject either of these young lads in here to being your sparring partner so … I’ll get them both to do it.

Tempest turned away with a haughty laugh.

Tempest: Oh I’ll bet they’ll just LOVE that!

She marched away and toward the ladies locker room where she had first intended, not having noticed that Despayre had followed her into the gym after buzzing her through the doors. He had a lime Blow Pop between his lips, watching after her, then glancing upward at his “big brother” with those gray, puppy dog eyes.

Despayre: She’s not telling the whole truth.

Gabriel looked down at him, curiosity etched on his face.

Gabriel: Tempest?

Despayre just nodded, swirling the sucker stick in his fingers. Gabriel looked after the direction she had just vanished into the back, then draped an arm around Despayre’s slim shoulder and drew him in closely.

Gabriel: Do you know something, Despy?

“So I know I’m the new one around here, but do they do Trick or Treating here?”

“Trick or Treating?”

“Yes, the kids in the building. I know some apartments arrange something for the kids, so I was just wondering…”

“Oh, yes. I’m sorry. Yes, the building manager arranges something like that every year. Usually on the night before Halloween.”

Good to know. That was the exchange that Tempest had with a neighbor several weeks ago in the month of September. Why, you might ask?

Honolulu, Hawaii -

She stood there years before she would become known as the amazon Bombshell aka Tempest. And despite her reputation for nothing upsetting or frightening her, she could not deny that the nerves was sending her stomach into a fit of turmoil. She had been dating the man that would soon become her husband, so this was naturally the next step in becoming a member of his family. Meeting the most important female in his life, and no. We are not referring to his mother.

Alleyene watched as Malulani held the small hand of the girl who could not be more than three years of age, escorting her through the gardens of the family’s front yard estate. She was an adorable sight, wearing a floral print dress with a matching ribbon catching her hair into a ponytail. The little one seemed hesitant, but whether that was because she was about to meet a stranger who was more than, or because she was just as big physically as her own dad, that remained the question.

Malulani Kahale: Alleyene? This is my daughter, Anela.

The man spoke gently, using the child’s hand in his own to steer her a step closer, despite the little girl’s own reluctance.

Malulani Kahale: … My daughter.

Alleyene smiled, despite her own nerves, and lowered herself to her knees so that she might not be so daunting a presence. Not that it mattered. Even on her knees, Alleyene remained a towering monolith over this child. Alleyene offered her hand to the little girl who eyes it warily.

Alleyene: Anela? I’ve been looking forward to meeting you.

Anela finally looked up into Alleyene’s eyes and slipped her hand into her own.

Anela: Are you going to be my new mommy?

Las Vegas, Nevada -
Current

“Trick or Treat!”

Came the sing-song symphony of young voices just outside of her apartment door. It was something that she had been hoping to experience, and looked forward to for several days now. The door to the apartment opened, and yes indeed, it WAS Tempest, but unlike any situation she had been seen in yet. She wore a tiger striped body suit costume, with matching ears headband and just the right amount of makeup on her face to depict the nose and whiskers. In her hands was a big bowl brimming with candy; everything from Snickers to Skittles and several varieties in between. A melancholy smile on her face, she leaned down so that the children in colorful costumes, from pirates to zombies and many a Disney Princess, could reach forward and eagerly help themselves….

“There’s a saying; if you want something done right, you have to do it yourself. I can’t even begin to stress just how much I put behind that belief. It’s something that I’ve believed in for years. From the time I played sports in school, to when I personally ran my business in Hawaii, right up until now when I set foot inside of the GO Gym, and stepped out, an officially contracted wrestler for SCW.”

(“Sorry but I just have such a thing against being called a ‘Bombshell’!”)

“Now this belief, it might strike some as strange considering the fact I say it as not just a member of an active tag team, but one-half of the reigning World Mixed Tag Team Champions. Still, it’s true. Nothing against Austin who has more than proven his worth as a partner and admittedly over time, someone that I can and have hung out with. Maybe even confided in a little. But tag team wrestling was never my intention when I first delved into this sport. Despite the massive success rate Gabriel Stevens had in the very same division with Despayre as his partner, standing out on the ring apron and watching someone else take my career into their hands never sat right by me. If I was going to be a success, I was going to do it. Me. Alone. And that is where I think this whole mixed tag team division became less of a hindrance and more of a blessing.”

“I still wonder what went through the mind of Alicia Lukas when she first came up with the idea of putting Austin and myself together. Maybe she did it to annoy Mercer because he probably feels the same way about tag team wrestling as I do. Or maybe because she knew damn well that alone, he and I were both dangerous but as a team? She might have had something against the new champions the Barnharts and just wanted to turn us loose and have a laugh at their expense.”

“Funny that, after that title match, nobody was laughing. Least of all the Barnharts. Not Austin or myself, and I think Alicia herself may have watched what he and I did and have done, and is now thinking to herself ‘Dear god, what have I done!?’ Funny that, but every other team, both man and woman, that we've faced since becoming champions, have went and asked the very same question. They’ve been cursing the name of ‘Queen’ Alicia ever since, knowing that the days where they had at least some semblance of a chance at winning the mixed tag gold have never been further away than what they are right now. Which is sort of where my entire point behind my personal mantra comes into play.”

“You see, aside from the Barnharts and J2H and Crystal, we haven’t exactly had a long line of challengers lining up to try and make an attempt at dethroning us. And why? Oh we know the majority say that they too have little to no interest in tag team wrestling. Maybe they say there aren’t any other Superstars or Bombshells whom they trust enough to even form a team in the first place. It went from one point where we had some ‘Lethal Lottery’ team thrown together to a team where one woman tried to use the stature of her partner to find herself back at the top of a ladder - any ladder. Not exactly the storybook of champions, is it? There were times when Austin and I were just wondering if the championships were being used as a treat - or a Supercard-only exclusive. We were starting to get pissed off, and rightly so, when we decided if we wanted a real challenge, then we had to fight for it. So, we did what others have done before us and issued an open challenge. I bet Mercer money that Extreme Chamber or not, Jessie Salco would probably try to get involved in this because that’s what she does, but no. Lo and behold, wonder of wonders, we got an answer to our challenge.”

“A real challenge!”

“From out of nowhere, two certifiable Hall of Famers, two of the very best of the best, step forward and take us up on our offer for High Stakes XI, and it’s none other than Mercedes Vargas and Goth! And I can tell you right now, from talking to Mercer and how I personally feel? I feel like Christmas has come early because finally - FINALLY - we have something that we’ve been asking for months! A legitimate challenge for the tag titles!”

“I know, I know. Our last Supercard defense was against a team that could be called the same; a combination of two Hall of Famers, but I can’t help but look past that. Not because of J2H because I’d be a damn fool to feel anything but respect for that kid and everything that he built himself up for. But Crystal herself? She used what happened to her own daughter as a means to an end. As a way to get herself back into the championship picture and managed to goad J2H into being her partner for that reason alone. J2H made his feelings clear where she was concerned. He held up his end of the bargain, but she did not. That is why I look past that match and toward this one with fresh eyes and an excited heart! Because Goth asked Mercedes to be his partner to answer this challenge, and she readily accepted for no other reason than to become a champion again for her own merit. Not anyone else’s. She’ll be there for him, and he her.”

“Goth, you might have settled all ill will with Despayre but as far as the GO Gym goes? You might think of yourself as something akin to the Bogeyman on those grounds. Gabriel had known you for so many years, from your days together in the old AWA, right up until the tile the two of you were on opposite sides of the ring in the early days of SCW. Where Gabriel and the Gym go? You simply are. You never go away, and one way or another, you find your way back into the lives of Gabriel and his students. This time, that student is myself. Now I know I can’t face you inside of the ring - intergender rules and all that - but that doesn’t mean your decisions and actions do not affect me in any way, shape or form. Because they do. I’m from the GO Gym. I’m one-half of the champions that you want to become. And accepting our open challenge was your idea, as is my understanding.”

“That’s fine. I get it. You want to be a champion again and the mixed tag titles are as good a place to start as any. Austin felt the same way, and after some time, so did I. Problem is, we’re the champions. And you? You have to face the man at my side while I step into the ring with your partner. The woman you chose above all others. I’m not altogether certain she’ll thank you for this opportunity when all is said and done, but where you’re concerned? I know what you’re capable of. As a graduate of the GO Gym, I was made to sit back and watch tapes of both men as well as women from times past. But I also know what Austin is capable of. I know just how much he wants to keep hold of these championships, and that is why I have every confidence that he will do his part, as I will mine, and we will walk out just as we entered; the champions.”

“No knock on you, Mercedes. Because everything that you heard me say before our Halloween match? I meant. Every. Word! I have a bucket list of women that I would dearly love to step inside of the ring with because not only do they have well-earned prestige behind their names, but I know that size difference aside, they’ll give me the fight I want. And your name? Mercedes, you are at the very top of that list. Seriously! Do you think I have fun facing and taking apart all of these Barbie dolls, week in and week out? The last time I had a legit threat inside of the ring, it was Bobbie Dahl! But she was closer to my size and those opponents are few and far between!”

“Yes, I admit it is fun throwing those little girls who think their looks are enough to get them by in life, all across the ring and beat them within an inch of their lives. Proving to them if they can’t right back, they really don’t have much business being in the ring with someone like me. Finding a woman half my size who can still bring the fight to me? That is you, Mercedes. Somehow, I don’t doubt it in the slightest. Now these days I watch your promos and sometimes it’s like a broken record of mentioning your age or how many years you’ve been competing and I think, for god’s sake! She’s not one of the Golden Girls! She’s Mercedes Vargas! It’d be nice if for once she would just remember that!”

“And just last week? When we had our little one on one in that ridiculous match? I got a glimpse of who you are and what you’re capable of. Had you put in the slightest effort to hype or match, maybe a promo? I’m sure things would have been even more impactful between us. But I won. And I enjoyed doing so because not only did you show me what you ere made of, but I gave you a taste of what is to come!”

“No coffins this time, however. This time it’s just you and me, girl, while the men watch from our corners and we give them something to strive for. Right up until the bitter end when history repeats itself, and I walk away the winner for the second straight time. As I said, no knock. All the mad respect in the world for you, I have. I’m just stating a simple fact, and giving you a reason why you should have told Goth no. It won’t be pretty, but DAMN will it be fun!”

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2021, 11:52:22 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 15 al 22 de octubre de 2021

Time sure flies when you’re having fun. There's less than two months left before the end of the year and it’s coming down to crunch time.

I’ve had many ups and downs this year, big and small, memorable and...not so memorable. Sometimes I can never exactly pinpoint whether I’ve finally achieved everything in my career or whether I’m really over my head. It’s been surreal and I want off this ride, but somehow, I got to see where it ends.

Hopefully this year won’t end the same as last year when I failed to win any of SCW's women’s championships. Can you believe it? Me and my resume, impressive as it is, reduced to milestones, is simple— zero championships.

I have to fix all that. I have to right this ship and next weekend at High Stakes is just the start.

I also know that it's that time of year again. The year where SCW awards the best of the best at the year-end awards and hall of fame.

Apparently, my award next weekend is facing someone who probably thinks I have no business getting in the ring with, someone who has a mean streak a mile wide and just simply want to break stuff. Despite the fact that Tempest has seen a few losses since her debut, you think anyone stepping up to her know that they’re going to have an easy win at the end of the night? Tempest is tough on her own. Now that she holds a championship, she’s twice as dangerous. In the few months since her debut, Tempest already has a highlight reel of victims she’s claimed, an eclectic mix of newcomers, veterans, and Hall of Famers, myself included. It’s not even about winning or losing, it’s wondering when you’re going to be next.

Now, I don’t even know Tempest, but already I’m getting the sneaky feeling Im going to be in for a long night, and that’s more than I can say for the long flight from LAX to to New York.

Maybe I was wrong about Tempest. At this point, she probably think less of me and simply wants to put me down for the count, and I find it challenging when I try to impress someone who doesn’t like me. But don’t you worry, I will show up for the showdown at High Stakes, because if there is one thing I know, and I know a lot of things, it's that first impressions mean a lot. This will be my second chance to make that first impression. But make no mistake about it, I'm not doing this because Tempest asked for it. I'm doing it because anything less would go against everything I stand for. And while I may may not be headlining shows or main events, I may not be one of the top stars of the company or hold a title or even the top title, that still doesn't mean I can't mess your day up and still makes me a dangerous opponent, no matter what my win-loss record says.

I’m about to enter High Stakes next Sunday in New York City as a two-time World Mixed Tag Team champion. Given how dominant Tempest and Austin have been during their five month-plus reign, not many give me or my tag partner Goth a shot at winning the belt a third time.

You shouldn’t bet against Mercedes Vargas and Goth, though. Because our current reigning and defending champions are about to be in for a rude awakening.

Tempest may have been trained by arguably two of the biggest names in SCW and Austin may be part of one of the most dominant stables seen in SCW in some time, but all the training in the world and Wolfslair’s dominance won’t prepare them against two legends of the six-sided ring. This isn’t the first time Austin and I have been opponents. Little known fact: Austin, Alicia, and myself had the three best win-loss records in Honor Wrestling, the company now known today as Sin City Underground and in the only mixed tag match we had, my team won, naturally, so I know Austin isn’t going to make the grave mistake of looking past me. Then again, Austin has bigger problems. There’s a reason why Goth has achieved the success that he has. There’s a reason why he has the most championships of  any Superstar in the company. He is that damn good and he is an Hall of Famer.

I know Goth can’t wait to face The Prodigal Son. And when he does, he’s gonna make him his son - and then he’s gonna have to call him daddy.

As far as Tempest goes, any doubts anyone has about my competitive drive next Sunday will have their answer. Fighting and surviving go hand in hand and that is what makes my resilience unstoppable than any opponent standing in my way. Anyone who knows me  have never seen me give up, give in, back down and sure as hell never seen me quit. You know how they have two-sides of Shredded Wheat? That’s me. The perfect balance of warrior and princess. And with my Latina temper, feisty attitude and general stubbornness, I think you’ll figure out why I’m not a complete part of your balanced breakfast. And while Tempest’s strength and power may be dangerous, my intelligence is lethal. They say brains beats brawn for a reason.

So I hope Tempest does her worst, because even at her best, I'll be prepared for it. Might as well prepare for the fate heading my way. There's no getting over, under, around or through it.

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best...

And may the odds be ever in your favor.

~~~

S A N T A M O N I C A • C A L I F O R N I A

[If there was any time where you can see the absolute worst in humanity, it was the night they call Halloween. If not for the festivities surrounding the holiday and the perfect weather, maybe Mercedes Vargas could tolerate it. Maybe. As the summer heat passes and the summer crowd has left, Los Angeles is still one beautiful place to visit in October, and there’s not a raindrop in sight.

Mercedes carries store-bought coffee and was already regretting the dollar and eighty cents purchase. Fortunately, she could stomach it with the Sunday edition of the Los Angeles Times, which she was thankful for.]

Mercedes: Now the flight from LA to New York is what?

Ricardo: Depending on time on the tarmac, 6 hours, maybe, tops.

Irene: Are you suggested that or you made that up?

Hugo: I suggested that, but I was also drawing in my journal.

Mercedes: Is anyone else thinking this was a bad idea?

[Mercedes and her friends are dressed up as The Ghostbusters this year. It was supposed to be fun, but Mercedes is in a pensive mood as the days leading up to High Stakes was just around the corner. In a few days time, the Halloween costumes and decorations would be put away, the treasure trove of candy already eaten, given away, or hidden away in plain sight in some fridge somewhere. In a matter of time, it will all be over, she had to remind herself. Yes, even her most recent loss to Tempest on the go-home.]

Mercedes: They say a person should always choose a costume which is in direct contrast to her own personality. So what does us dresses like The Ghostbusters say about us?

Tomas: That we’re desperate?

Irma: Come on, Mercy. You’re no fun. Can you at least pretend you’re enjoying Halloween?

Mercedes: You've heard of the fury of a woman scorned, haven't you?

Irma: Yeah, so?

Mercedes: That’s nothing compared to a woman who has been cheated out of trick-or-treat.

Mercedes feints a smile, showing perfect teeth.

Mercedes: Better?

Irma: It’s a start.

Hugo: So what are you doing for Halloween, Mercy?

Mercedes: Last year, I had a glow-in-the-dark pumpkin hunt. Think Easter, but with pumpkins. I took some gourds, hid them around the neighborhood, and let the kids go crazy. It was a hit, so why not try again this year?

Irma: Nice. You’re all packed up for New York?

Mercedes: It’s tricky. One does not simply pack for a trip to New York City. But I did it. It will be cold, that’s for sure. So, layers.

Ricardo: She’s right, you know.

Hugo: So while we’re stuck in LA sitting on the beach. You’re going to…?

Mercedes: Madison Square Garden.

Tomas: To see the Knicks?

Mercedes: I’m going to be wrestling that night. But maybe a Knicks game isn’t off the table. Besides, you’ll hardly know I’m gone.

Ricardo: Trust me, you will be missed.

Mercedes: I haven’t been to New York in three years. The City longer than that. I’m due to make one visit at least once a year. You guys will be fine.

[Mercedes sighs while shaking her head dismissively, but then turn to Tomas staring at her kindly, slightly, bemused smile. Irma looks down on what is supposedly a scanner as part of her costume.]

Irma: I think there’s some strange paranormal activity a few blocks from here.

Ricardo: Alright...let's show this prehistoric bitch how we do things downtown.

Mercedes: Lead the way.

~~~

Present Day ♦ L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

"Some things are better left unsaid, but you can bet I'm going to say it anyway. I can't help being who I am."

The sun shone brilliantly as Mercedes Vargas, hidden behind a pair of sunglasses, is standing in front of the Paul Smith wall, the famous big pink wall where people post photos and selfies. Our scene opens on the Grand Slam Champion fanning herself on what was an otherwise hot afternoon. Mercedes steadies the recorder before she pulls back her hand and smiles at the camera.

“When it comes to being successful, ten times out of ten, you’re probably going to have distractors who just aren’t going to be fans no matter what you do. It’s a cold hard truth, it’s an ugly truth that most people comes to terms with eventually and I’m no exception. There’s just no getting over, under, around or through it. I’ve been wrestling for 12 years, nine of those years in Sin City Wrestling alone, give or take a few leap years, and I’ve had my lion share of unpopular opinions, some are valid, some not so much, and others are just so rooted in unbridled jealousy to the point where I tune out the noise but if ever SCW ever had a Mean Tweets episode of Climax Control one day, I wouldn’t miss it for the world.

“SCW’s women's division is loaded with star power. Some of these women stand out for their amazing talking skills. Many of these women are extremely talented in the ring, but some are more gifted than others. I like to put myself in that conversation. As a matter of fact, I should BE in the conversation, but I’m not and that’s to be expected because this is a results business. Pretty sure I have that covered too. You don't get to accomplish the things I've done in my career just by settling, you don't get to be the only Bombshell to be showcased in not one but two brands. You don’t get to be the only 13-time champion across SCW and SCU without proving yourself.

“When people used to accuse me of thinking I was better than them, I would deny it, now I just accept it. So then arguments like what I’m about to get to are to be expected. Some people want to say that my number of title reigns are inflated, which is odd because if they did their homework like they claim they do, they would find every championship I’ve won in the women’s division and take out all the guess work. Some say I’m not all that great and that I’m not all that I say I am. Well, I’d say the same about them, especially if they want to live in glass houses. If it’s about wins and losses, in the grand scheme of things, they don't matter when a superstar reaches an elite level in SCW, and I am one of those performers.”

Despite her decline over the years, real or imagined, her belief hasn’t changed her mood whatsoever. Removing her sunglasses completely and placing hangs them from her t-shirt. Mercedes runs a hand through her hair as she eases up in her chair. It was time for straight talk with Tempest and she wasn't planning on holding anything back.

“Tempest, you may hold the titles, but you also need all the validation. 𝘌𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺 𝘵𝘪𝘮𝘦 𝘐 step in the ring, 𝘐 don’t need to 𝘴𝘩𝘰𝘸 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘣𝘰𝘥𝘺 𝘸𝘩𝘰 𝘐 𝘢𝘮, 𝘸𝘩𝘢𝘵 𝘐 𝘤𝘢𝘯 𝘥𝘰, 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘸𝘩𝘺 𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘳𝘺𝘰𝘯𝘦’𝘴 𝘸𝘳𝘰𝘯𝘨 𝘢𝘣𝘰𝘶𝘵 𝘮𝘦. Oh no, been there, done that, moved on. I have nothing to prove, still don’t. It’s every other woman in the locker room who still have to prove something. I’ve already made it. I’m about to be a two-time Hall of Famer and one of the only two in SCW history. You will never get to that level. As a matter of fact, you’ll be lucky if you ever get inducted for one. You or anyone else can’t say shit to me! But when has  that ever stopped you?”

Mercedes smirks with an arrogant smile on her face. Never let it be said that she didn’t have fun with this. Despite being tossed around like a bean bag, Mercedes prevailed where very few thought she would be utterly defeated. Mind over matter and all that.

“It’s not easy to thrive as a woman in the wrestling business. It’s more difficult to thrive in the toughest women’s division in the world. Since I stepped foot in Sin City Wrestling, this waist right here…”

Mercedes makes a belt motion at her waist.

“Has seen over 10 championship titles around it, the result of hard work, dedication, and passion. When I say I am the most decorated woman in SCW, that’s not a misquote or something I came up with in thin air, there’s no hype surrounding it. You don’t have to wonder if those title reigns are inflated. They are legit, I swear.

“Don’t let the looks or my age fool you. I’m smarter than I look, dangerous than you seem, and notice more than you realize. There’s s a reason why I’m a threat to any title holder in this division. There’s a reason why I’m a threat to any Bombshell on this roster. There’s a reason why I’ve accepted Goth’s offer, mirame: we’re the step up in competition you and Austin don’t want to face right now, especially when you’re holding a championship. So cancel the streamers and the big banner, let the air out of the balloons, and tell your GO Gym people to hold off on the bubbly, or don't.

“Whether you love me, hate me or feel completely indifferent, there’s no denying one thing: when it comes to the all-time greats, when there’s a historic moment about to be made, when you talk about champion of champions? Nobody does it better. I’ve entered as champion at High Stakes, I’ve walked out with championships at High Stakes. I’ve made moments at High Stakes and come Sunday you’ll find out why I don’t play games, I win games. And I’m playing for keeps next Sunday at The Garden.”

She pushes a stray lock of brown hair back behind her ear with one perfectly manicured fingernail.

“The road leading to High Stakes is all about me, not an opportunity for people to enact their long-held vendettas built on bitterness and jealousy to hold any relevance to my career. In your words ahead of our match at Climax Control, Tempest, I was a little surprised that you offered to show me respect. Not that I am not deserving of it. Regardless of what the other Bombshells say about me, I’ve worked for it. I’ve earned it. I deserve it. As a matter of fact, it’s been long overdue. Every last Bombshell should be lining up outside my locker room singing my praises and kissing the ground I walk on. Johanna Krieger should be acknowledging me right now and every graduate of the OG Gym from Ariana Angelos right on down to you, Tempest.

I’m the mere reason why the other Bombshells have goals to reach and are trying so, so desperately to grab those imaginary brass rings. I mean, it’s not that they’re not good enough to break any of my accomplishments, right?”

No, this wasn’t Mercedes waxing poetic. She truly was asking this question as she raises an eyebrow, expecting an answer. Any kind of answer, even the wrong answer. She finally dismissed the question with a wave of her hand.

“No, wait. It’s exactly that.”

“If you weren’t in the running for Rookie of the year, Tempest, you should be. The sky is the limit for you. As for next, Sunday, though, it’s the end of the line for you and Austin. Don’t get me wrong, you guys had a great run, but even you know that all good things come to an end eventually.”

There's a thin line between conviction and stubbornness, and the latter have been associated with Mercedes, more often than not.

“Mucho antes de que lo supieras y mucho después de que lo recuerdes.”
"Long before you knew and long after she'll remember.”

Looking deadset into the camera lens, her voice drops to a whisper though her words hold conviction behind them. She pauses, mostly for dramatic effect.

"Estar preparado para lo peor, esperar lo mejor."
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

She pauses for effect, lowering her voice just above a whisper.

"Y que la suerte está siempre en su favor.”
"And may the odds be ever in your favor."

The scene fades on Mercedes flashing a smile and waving back at the camera before we fade to black.

***Fade***

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2021, 07:16:54 AM »
Lost boy

”We need to talk”

A shiver went down Austin’s spine. Were there four words in the English language that could be said by a woman that was more terrifying? Austin nodded slowly, looking over at Lisa who gave him a grin, pushing his lower back to encourage him as Amy leg him into her room. The door closed behind them as Amy moved across the carpet, gliding across before turning and sitting on the end of her back gesturing towards the black office chair in front of her desk Austin lowered himself down slowly. His large frame barely fit in the chair.

A common problem for men the size of him. The chair creaked under his weight, he moved forward, planting his feet as he balanced his elbows on his thighs and tried to take the pressure off the back of the chair. Amy cleared her throat and clasped her hands together ”So, I need to know what we can do about this.” It was straight to the point, open and honest. But, Austin had no idea. He let out a deep sigh, shaking his head as Amy scoffed and rolled her eyes. ”Are you kidding me? You have no ideas at all? We haven’t talked in days and now I nwant your opinion and you have nothing? What the fuck have you been doing? Trying to have a third kid?”

Austin went to answer his mouth dropping open as Amy put her hand up and shook her head. She was obviously angry and disappointed. She pushed up off the end of her bed stepping around Austin to the desk, she slid him sideways picking up a book and turning back around to move back to the bed. She sat down folding one leg over the other and clasping her hands together on top of the book that came to rest on her knee. Austin raised an eyebrow looking down at the book and then back up to his sister with a small smile, a small one that was met with the glare and it slowly faded. Austin cleared his throat and pointed to the book. ”What’s that?”

Amy just stared at him for a moment, her hands moving from being clasped together to the sides of the book, she opened the first few pages coming to where she had scribbled something in the margins. It was a law book she had been studying. She moved her fingers down before looking back up to her brother with a shake of her head and a smile. ”Well, if we go and talk to our lawyer he can make sure that your threats can be left out of discovered if we need to have a jury case. But it would be easy to keep it in arbitration.”  Austin blinked a few times, it slowly tipped over in his head what she meant and what she was talking about.Amy smiled and grew impatient but she was clearly in a better mood. She had a plan and she needed Austin to play along. ”We need to tell them, so we aren’t caught of guard, take the initiative with it and...you’ll have to stay out of the room.”

It felt like a stab in the heart. Not being able to be there for his sister during such a pivotal time and an important moment in her life and his nephew's life was going to hurt. There was a small part of his mind that completely understood where she was coming from and why he needed to stay away. But that didn't make it any better. His shoulders slumped, his body language changed, and Amy knew exactly what was going through his mind. She tried to smile warmly taking all of the worries out of him, but it didn't work. Austin took a sharp breath in, he pushed out his chest and realized he needed to put on a brave face for her. ”I understand. But, you know I want to be there for you Amy.” His voice was soft and apologetic, Amy smiled again, moving off the bed and around to his side putting a hand on his shoulder, she leaned down and kissed the top of her brother’s head.

”I know” They both understood each other. Amy knew that her older brother did want to be there for her, and often understood why he couldn't be. If he stepped into that courtroom, if he was anyway near the judge when the evidence was put out there, that he threatened Amy's ex, it would look even worse.It would look like Austin was there to intimidate him. ”I forgive you...I do. I love you and I am grateful for everything you’ve done. But...I need to do this alone.” Her demeanor changed, along with her body language. She stood up and stared over to the side, a picture of herself and her son. She closed her eyes trying to hold back tears.

Austin put his hands on the arms of the chair, standing up and moving over to her side putting his arm around her shoulders pulling her into a hug. Amy moved her head over to her brother’s chest, hearing his heartbeat and his breathing calmed her down. Austin was always there for her as soon as he found out she existed, the second Austin found out Amy was alive he came for her, he stayed with her as she recovered from her mental disease, nothing was ever going to break them apart. ”I’m proud of you...and I know you’ll win…”

He was there to support her, to hold her up. But he didn't think Amy realized just how much she saved him. She gave him direction and purpose, allowed him to forgive their father for his trespasses and what he did to them both. Amy took a deep breath inclosing her eyes before stepping away from Austin. He had calmed her down, her hand moved down to pick up the picture of her and her son. ”You broke the cycle Aus, you’re a great father. Meanwhile, I made the same mistake my mother did. Then the same mistake Dad did. I haven’t been a good mother, I haven’t been a good sister. But that needs to change.” She placed the picture back down. Austin smiled and tapped her on the shoulder, turning towards the door.

As he walked out he knew they were going to be fine. And he told the truth. He knew she was going to win.

Crime and punishment

”It is well documented that I never wanted to be a team player.But I've never really gone into a deep dive as to why.”

Austin takes a sharp breath in, his eyes moving to the side as this conversation is clearly making him uncomfortable, despite the fact that it is literally a one-person conversation. With him standing in front of a camera ready to bare his soul.Or at least some model thoughts. Not to be overly dramatic.

”I grew up an only child. I didn't have much family.I had my mother, but she was struggling with her responsibilities of being an adult and a parent. I met my father when he turned up one day to collect me from her. He was also very standoffish with me, I never really felt in any way that I connected. Never had a sense of family. Even after I found my sister and I reconnected with my father and my mother I still never really had a sense of team.Family maybe, but never teamwork. I got to Wolfslair and it was us against the world and while they were my team they were also my family. I never really wanted to work with anyone else, if I was put into a team with people who I didn't know, I would always be watching my back or looking for a way out near the door. It took a lot to earn my trust and it took a lot for me to trust other people and trust that I wasn't going to be ready to run. Alicia Lukas making the decision for queen for a day to have myself and Tempest as a team has taught me a valuable lesson.”

“Don’t judge a book by it’s cover.”

“That is very obvious by the kind of person that Tempest is. Yes, she is a Wrecking Ball of a human being who will get in the ring and look to destroy her opponents. She is a determined woman ready to win at any cost. But she's also extremely smart, she is someone who loves this business and is loyal to her friends. And through everything that she and I have been through, through the matches and the training and everyone telling us that we were going to fail because we couldn't trust each other. I am damn proud to be able to look at that woman and call her my friend. We aren't just a team anymore, we are family. We are friends. And I have her back just like I know she has mine. And that is something that Goth and Mercedes cannot understand.”

“While those two might know each other and have some form of relationship, they have not been in and out of the ring and in and out of wars for the better part of half a year together. Tempest and I have been. We have faced the best teams that this company has to offer and we have stood tall every single time. And while our opponents, as single entities are more than capable of winning matches and championships, as a team you can see that they leave a lot to be desired.

Austin can’t help but chuckle, offering a knowing wink and a shrug before continuing.

”I mean it was hilarious listening to Mercedes talk. Going after Tempest withthe ferocity of a dog with a bone. While barely mentioning me. And why? Because when we are actually in the ring I cannot put my hands on Mercedes and Tempest can't go after goth?It was incredible to me that Mercedes started talking about the SCW awards, talking about awards season and the Hall of Fame because those are the only times where she gets validated for anything that she says or does.She's been put in the Hall of Fame already and has had awards and pats on the back,but now this year she wants to sit there and say that her award  is facing Tempest.”

“Your reward, you simpering egotistical lunatic, is challenging for the Mixed tag team championships.”

“Championships that Tempest and I have held and made relevant.Championships that have a strange history going through the hands of teams who seemed to actually care about them. Myself and Tempest do, Alex did when he held them with Jo, Sierra and Lachlan did. The Black Sheep did, London Underground did. But then there is a whole host of other teams who made the titles look like nothing, and one of those teams was Mercedes Vargas and Kain.”

“Truth be told it's kind of ironic that Mercedes had A tag team partner that left after they lost the championships and now here she is trying to regain them with someone whojust keeps coming back for more.”

Austin smirks again, stepping back before letting out a groan and a growl.

”That is the story that we are going with right? Goth, you just can't stay away. Like every other aging wrestler whose best days are behind him, you cannot seem to just say goodbye and walk off into the sunset. You have to keep coming back. And The thing is I can't really blame you for that. But I really don't understand how Mercedes is going to sit there and make stupid immature jokes about you apparently being my “daddy”. King of weird to be honest Goth. You two can’t even cut promos as a team.”

“While Mercedes is an arrogant idiot who can't seem to stop making grand promises and failing, you have come back looked at Tempest and me as well as the grander scope of our careers and given me respect. Just like I did you. Because I don't have a problem with you, I've never had a problem with you. I look at you as a former world champion and someone that deserves respect and deserves honor. You and Mercedes should be able to challenge for any title that you want to as long as the Champions have no problems facing you, and that's where we are. It is an honor for me to step in the ring with Someone Like You Goth. I'm not going to lie I'm not going to throw you under the bus and say that your accomplishments don't matter and that you don't matter. You are a legend of this business and a legend in this company.”

“At high stakes it will be a great match. A match between the greatest mixed tag team of today against two former champions who have been to the top of the company. I’m looking forward to it but I also know I can’t let Tempest down. I can’t let myself down. But, good luck..you’ll need it.”
>

Offline Goth

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Gerrit
« Reply #6 on: November 05, 2021, 04:15:45 PM »
A wake up call from the past part 2

Goth can be seen walking around Central Park in New York, enjoying some quality time together as Goth has been living in New York for the past 15 years. He is wearing a New York Yankees baseball cap, a black leather coat, dark blue jeans and black boots. He has grown accustomed to the life of this famous city that most of the time the people do not even recognize him when he is walking through New York, except of course when he is greeted by diehard fans. But this time he can walk freely without having to worry about people run up to him.  “Isn’t this lovely??” Says Melissa to him as she holds his left hand with her right, squeezing it lovingly as they watch his son run off towards the first hotdog vender that he sees. Causing them to laugh as Goth shakes his head. “Its always great to come back home this close to the holidays, spend time with friends. Hell it was a great idea to even invite my parents to come over, perhaps they can convince Gerrit jr. that there’s more in life than junkfood.” Both laugh as they watch his son order his hotdog, completely covered just the way he likes it. “I know your mother is an amazing cook, but we both know that your son has been spoiled for way too long now. I highly doubt he is going to give in to the temptations of healthy food.” Goth nods his head in agreement, he wraps his arm around his girlfriend as the two lovebirds continue their walk. They decide to sit down at an empty bench, somewhere near a tree as they watch people walk by oblivious to the fact that one of the most recognizable wrestlers in SCW history is taking a moment to rest. After a few moments Melissa looks up at Goth, seeing at his face that he is somewhere lost in his thoughts while keeping an eye upon his son. “Penny for your thoughts.” She says, causing him to smirk a little. He had learned early on in their career that he was better off telling her the truth instead of a small lie in an attempt to comfort her. “Remember the other day when I mentioned that name ?” She nods to him. “Jaymz right??” This causes him to nod, his eyes are fixated upon his son as he had finished his hotdog and was taking pictures with his cellphone. “For some reason I remembered him from the days where I had to scratch and claw before making it in the big leagues. I was an idiot, thought I had already accomplished it all when all of the sudden I faced Jaymz and his tag team partner Crazy J in a tag team match with Fang.” “You mean Jonathan??” Goth nods, the look on his face slowly darkens. She could sense that what he wanted to tell her was something he preferred to forget as she places her head upon his shoulder and caresses his arm. “Ever had nightmares about a man that would stalk you?? As if you were being followed by Michael Meyers or Jason??” She looks up at him, not saying a word but showing concern as he continues. “That was Jaymz for me, he was over seven feet tall. He was very powerful, he had a mean steak unmatched in comparison to any other opponent I have ever faced… and most importantly, for some reason he used to always beat me.” She raises an eyebrow. “Why didn’t you ever talk about him before??” Goth sighs, he scratches the back of his head. He stares at his son for a few moments as he is trying to catch his thoughts. “Because I…,” He becomes silent for a moment as his thoughts turns towards that fateful night where the two teams of him and Fang faced off against Crazy J and that monster of a man Jaymz. A shiver runs up his spine as he can see the entire match flash before his eyes. Reliving every single moment until the end, where he watched his tag team partner and friend got pinned by the monster. The last memory that he had was where Jaymz and he had locked eyes for the very first time at that faithful night. His hand trembles for some reason when suddenly. “Gerrit?? Are you alright???” Goth snaps out of his trance, turning his face towards the concerned look on the face of his girlfriend. He quickly stammers that he was alright and continues to talk. “I had a vision about him that day when you and Gerrit jr were in the swimming pool.” She raises an eyebrow in disbelief as Goth tries to explain. “I know this sounds  crazy, but I suddenly saw myself in a dark room, handcuffed to a chair as he spoke to me….” Her look on her face becomes concerned even more. “He told me that I had become soft, that I no longer was the man that I used to be… the man that he wanted me to be once more.” He lowers his face, not sure what to say next as Melissa reached over and put her hand to his chin. She slowly pushes his face upwards towards hers. “And what do you think??” This startled him, he had not expected her to react this way towards him. Just thankful for the fact she took him seriously, no matter how weird the reasoning were. “I realize I have lost some edge that I…,” Melissa cuts him off midsentence. “That’s not what he or I am asking you Gerrit, we ask you what do YOU think?? Do you need to become the man that you used to be or not??” Flashes of past battles of him competing in indy shows all over the world re emerge in front of him, witnessing the blood that he had shed multiple of times, the sometimes deranged antics that caused him to be refeared as well as respected by the others caused shivers to run down his spine. Realizing that he needed to seek the answer within, not from afar. He sighs, lowering his face as another memory emerges upon his mind. This causes a tear to be shed that falls down upon the ground.

“Chantal??” Melissa asked, using the real name of the woman that many fans had known as Sapphira. He nods silently, he had tried to push away the dark days of his career and more importantly his life. “I was out of control back then Melissa, me and Chantal partied every day and were drunk most of the time.. I won most of my matches, but because I was so numb to pain was the reason why I endured so much.” He had expected her to react in a shocked way, but her eyes remained focus upon him. “I doubt that he wanted you to turn back into a raging alcoholic Gerrit….” This caused a smile to re emerge upon his face, clearly a sigh of relief came over him. “I think he wants me to become chaotic.” She shows a smile. “I have seen you like that, I am sure this isn’t that bad.” He becomes silent for a few moments. “Melissa, you don’t understand. I thrived upon pain, every time I bled I became mental. I… I wanted to be the very best and…..” He sighs for a moment. “It’s okay, you can tell me.” This causes Goth’s head to snap upwards at her face and she can see a look on his face that she has not seen before. “NO IT’S NOT OKAY!!!!” “Gerrit… you scare me.” His outburst and her reaction shocks him, causing him to hold her in his arms and soothes her. Tears slowly flow from his eyes as this was the biggest fear that had haunted him ever since they got together. “I am so sorry Melissa…., please forgive me…”

The two embrace as we slowly cut to a break

July 2007

It’s a few days after Goth had unsuccessfully defended his world title in the main event against Jaymz. The same man he finally managed to pin at Psycho Circus six months earlier as a part of a 11 men Hell in a Cell elimination match. Finally believing that he had overcome his demon… a moment that cultivated into a six month title reign… only to end against the man that he thought he had overcome…. But now he is wondering whether the words that Jaymz had used over and over again was true… “Maybe you were right all the way, that when it comes down to just you and me…. That I cannot beat you.” The words echo inside his mind, causing him to push his head backwards and bump into the corner of the two walls. Trying to push out any negative thought that he was having at that moment. He hated himself, he was on the highest of high and now??? Now he is just relegated to the bottom of the ladder. He knew that title rematches weren’t handed down to those who lost the belts that easily, you had to reclaim your opportunity to be in contention once more. Something he had worked for more than one year to reach…. He knew that he had given his all, just to prove that he could beat Jaymz. But now he was wondering, to whom he was trying to prove it to. Was it to Jaymz?? Or was it to himself??? But there’s no time for hm to answer that question as his wife walks into the room. “Really Gerrit?? You are drinking again??” He hears the disappointment in her voice, but at this moment he could have cared less. He knew that she was right, but he was too stubborn to react to her. “Oh that’s right, it’s pity Gerrit time right?? I know you wanted to beat Jaymz Gerrit, but aren’t you taking it a bit too far??” This caused his eyes to lift upwards towards her, she could barely see them poking through the rough hair that was hanging in front of it in combination with he towel. He growled towards her for a few moments as she noticed some of the face paint still attached to his face. “Don’t tell me you haven’t showered since….” Her words trail off in her thoughts, she then suddenly started to smell the scent of old sweat that made her nearly puke. “Fine, whatever Gerrit. I will let you drown in your own misery. But the man I knew that likes to be Goth is a man that gets up the very next day and tries to get better…. Not to drink his pain away because he lost.” She turns and walks out of the room, not waiting for a response from him. But she knew he wouldn’t give her one as he was too stubborn to give in. “Damnit…,” He knew she was right, he knew ultimately he would pick himself up again and learn from his errors. He realized that age 30 he still had a long career ahead of him, but he was just too pissed off at himself. He thought he had all the answers, but now he realized that he only had stupid questions. “God, what is next???” He knew it was only a matter of time before he would be called up for another match. He wonders to himself how in the hell he is going to come back from this. Asking himself whether it is time that his character needed to evolve once again. Not that he didn’t liked to get under the skin of those who didn’t understood his King of Kings reference. But it got boring a little as everyone thought he just had a Jesus Christ complex by citing biblical tales. “And all I am doing is telling them how HE perhaps would have reacted to a world like this…. Or should I say a shithole like this?? Even someone like Him would have lot his patience a long time ago…. Mix it up with a little Dutch flavour…. And bingo…” Inwardly he is smiling, that always did it for him. But he knew that this time it would take something much more than merely a funny comment to get back on top. He looked at the other side of the room, staring at a promo that Jaymz was doing with the world title across his shoulder. Telling everyone who wanted to hear it that he was right all along, that he knew he would dethrone Goth. And all Goth could do was nod his head in response. “You were right, but in the end I will reclaim MY belt Jaymz… it’s only a matter of time that I will do what you proclaimed I would never be able to do…..” He stares at the bottle and takes a final sip from it, emptying it in one swift motion before placing it down next to him. He grabs the towel and slowly pulls it off of his head and stares at it. “Soon the world will know exactly what they have been missing and then I will crush everyone in my path that dares to doubt me…”

Memory fades….

Present day

Past meets present

We are in an empty room, empty instead of a flat screen tv connected to a laptop that airs a figure cutting a promo inside a wrestling ring. The sound is cut off as a figure emerges when the shot widens. A figure seated on the floor, wearing black tights, a sleevelss shirt as his hair is hanging loosely across his shoulders. He is staring at the flat screen, letting out a soft chuckle.

“Just the thought of me ever being so brash that I dared to say anything that came into my mind. How foolish to have believed that I had made it….. I guess it’s mistakes that everyone is entitled to make wouldn’t you agree??”

“And we all have to admit that being brash and confident is just a part of the game isn’t it?? To outdo, outwit or even outperform the other in every possible way is what we all want… and yet it’s not enough now isn’t it?? Because once you had a taste of that what you had in mind, you want more…. And before you realize it, you are in the complete and utter belief that everything is entitled to YOU and YOU only…. Trust me, I have been there. It’s not a shame to hit that roadblock in your career, it’s how you get out of it is the trick that needs to be told. Something I have noticed a parallel in your statements Austin… Something that I have noticed that YOU have not clearly have grasped and evolved from…. But who knows, maybe after this coming Sunday the tide of the wave that you are hitting you’re your surf board will ultimately change for the better. Because trust me, from a veteran like yours truly…, you only grow in defeat if you let it.”

The shot on the flat screen suddenly freezes, we see the Goth face paint he had worn during the 2000’s, the era where he had made a name for himself.

“I congratulate you Austin as well as your partner for being such a dominating team, a team that seemingly has done it and has got nothing to prove…. Only to themselves isn’t that right Austin?? Of course it is, because you are the one that wants to be considered to be the measuring stick of this company. Good for you my friend, but I just wonder whether you are perhaps overlooking the essence of what it truly is all about?? Even though it’s nothing more than a matter of opinion.”

“You speak out of respect, you speak of wanting to face us in this match. You speak of cherishing this opportunity to come face to face with the past that has paved the way for the present day. And yet you refer us both to those who have had our moments, who have not worn titles in this company for how long? Please Austin is that how you respectfully refer us to washed up has beens?? Seriously is that how the trash talking these days have evolved into?? While back in the day of the greats had swallowed a dictionary merely to grant us a view of why you got 99 problems and all of them extracts themselves from you.. the one…”

“Now I understand that this makes no sense, but the same could be said about how you approach your opponents. Haven’t you learned from the past Austin?? Haven’t you learned from the times that you had similar long title reigns?? Where the arrogance suddenly takes over the collective thoughts of where you unintentionally messed up?? Tell me Austin, does the name Senor Vinnie ring a bell?? Tell me, you didn’t tell him by accident that there was no chance in hell he would take home the World and Internet championship belt away from you??”

“Forgive me if I pull a fast one upon you, but you cannot blame me for the fact that I have learned from my mistakes. I have been taught many of times that You cannot make the same mistake that many fools in war had taken in the past when they tried to overcome Mother Russia during the winter…. But I guess you solely rely upont he fact that you and Tempest have been unbeatable….. And who am I to disagree….”

“I just know that like in the past has taught me,k that even the greatest teams come to an end…. Just like your title reigns of respectful values, but I guess that’s your way of evolve isn’t it Austin?? Not to learn from past mistakes, but just take one loss at heart and move on to sink your teeth into something new until history repeats itself…”

He sighs while the camera slowly moves away from the flat screen. We turn to him as we see his face painted in the skull personification that we had known him from during the 2000’s. His eyes light up when he opens them, staring at the camera with intention building inside of him.

“Evolution is to shed off the old mistakes of your career, taking what is good and take chances in something that only YOU believe in. And I can tell you believe in respectful ways, I can tell that you built up the mere fact of your 6 feet 6 frame that can adapt to anything that is thrown at you…. And yet where did you evolve to overcome Vinnie?? Or where did the evolution take you when J2H took you into the crowd and made you his own?? Only to have Tempest save you by pinning your opponents tag team partner?? Already cracks are showing, but isn’t that what makes tag team wrestling great Austin?? To cover up flaws that your inability to solve can fix?? To overact your brain activity by telling us the tales of where Mercedes and I have gotten away from our past accomplishments by merely not taking home the gold has created a a repetitive relapse of foolish pride that we have heard oh so many times before…”

“No Austin, I understand the need to slither the true meanings between the lines that you believe in nothing of the sort that you are uttering with lies that got stuck between your teeth. It’s adorable to see you try to up your game when the competition isn’t some predictable formation of those who do not know what it takes to take home gold… is that why you issued an open challenge Austin?? To wonder whether you can be mentioned in the same breath as the teams before you?? Hoping that when your title reign has ended that you can pass your judgment upon those who came after you?? It’s not like that has not happened before has it?? I just wonder,k will you pass the same judgement upon me and Mercedes like you did with Vinnie?? OR will your respectful view remain unblemished like you make it seem oh so vividly??”

“I already beaten former world champion Mark Cross when he was overconfident in his own ability. Taking all that he had and handed him his first loss that ended in his championshio reign to have ended at the hands of Mac Bane… I know the psyche Austin, I know how people function because I learn.. I have so much more than merely my experience telling me when someone is making a joke out of themselves.”

His hand slowly moves towards his face, holding a wet cloth as he slowly rubs the cloth across his face and takes away the face paint. Causing his face to slowly turn to the one we have grown accustomed to.

“How confident are you truly Austin? And where is it based upon?? The mere fact that Tempest never let you down?? That you can turn away and already guess what she will do to her opponent?? Are you confident that she will do the same?? You would expect so after such a long reign isn’t it?? The same way you have seen Alex Jones and Johanna Krieger did?? Don’t you know it’s a weakness to base anything to what others have done in the past Austin?? Oh I know you see it as your duty to show respect to those who have come before you…. But all that you do is taking away the significance of your feat as champion… This time you aren’t doing it to yourself, but also to your partner Tempest as well.”

“Don’t be mad about my words Austin, don’t start to utter the stupidity that a man of my legacy can make such a foolish remark… Because you need to understand that there’s nothing else but reality. It’s great to acknowledge the ones that came before you. But to dedicate your and Tempest title reign to the ones that you admire as if it is the only way to keep your own meaningful. Making me wonder whether you are actually understand what it means to be a champ. “

“Because being a champ is more than ust producing the same admiration to past accomplishment reigns and you know why?? Because you aren’t giving them props, you are simply degrading them because they no longer hold something that made them recognizable. Don’t believe me Austin?? You made it your task at life to pray us to death in the hopes that someone would ever win the world title away from the man that took it away from you. And you know it sounds like you are nothing more than a resourceful cry baby that does not get his way. Is that how you want to be remembered of Austin?? And understand me Austin, I’m not on the Vinnie bandwagon, I’m just from the era of wrestlers that tell you like it is…. Perhaps thatis the first lesson you are going to take to finally evolve in your career…. Don’t worry though, I respect the fact that you hold that championship belt along with Tempest, it’s just time that it ends… But I guess that’s what happens when you do not know what you get when you ask for a challenge….”

He continues to wipe off the final remainders of his face paint when he smiles.

“But don’t worry Austin, you are not the only one that has grasped my attention as well as my surprise. Because YOU Tempest, is that all you can muster?? To uphold the legacy of Gabriel and Despayre?? Me the bad man that started his stalker app in hopes of never leave their sides?? I guess your attention span has never gotten past the length of that nose of yours now has it?? But it’s okay sweetheart, you can be entitled to your opinion. But seriously, since when do YOU have to bring up the old miserable memories of what happened HOW MANY YEARS ago?? You know what?? I’m impressed, at least you throw a verbal punch where your tag team partner is incapable of doing. Or at least if you consider the mere fact he made a resemblance that we haven’t done anything as a combination of being a team?? That sure has made an impact coming from a man that never wanted to have a concept happen to him that he needs to reloy upon someone else… ergo, that means you my dear. At least I have been through it all over again that makes me adapt and being able to accept whomever is my tag team partner. Whereas me and Mercedes do not need to hold hands, tell each other ohof how great their moveset or their look like. Am I getting too personal?? Oh well tough luck, because I am not into the whole bonding in the hope of having our noses to be directed the same way. Me and Mercedes are two individuals that has seen it all and done it all…. Remember she was a former Mixed Tag champion with someone that she had no chemistry with… so have I in the past with men that I did not even know they even had a freaking brain and held gold with. I’m sorry little children, but I guess if this is what the present day top team wrestlers have culminated into… Then I hope that the past can kick their asses in the hopes that they will finally understand that YOU TWO will have as big of a chance of retaining those championship belts as The Troll ever getting a date with either of his butt cheeks if they ever get separated to save humanity of whatever social media mess he will be a part off. But please, educate yourself before you ever open your mouth and try to make sense. And that’s what calls themselves tag team champions???”

Goth turns off the flat screen tv and turns his attention back to the camera.

“But I am aware that both of you may be get offended by the terminology that I have used to explain things. But that is fine by me, because I am a type of guy that takes an opportunity with both hands, that will do anything to win something. I am a man that is a visionary that has adapted, that evolved in ways that the both of you could only dream off….. So respect the fact that I am showing you the errors of your way…. And when you can, I will respect you….”

Goth chuckles as he closes his eyes

“But I will be man enough to shake your hands if you two beat the likes of me and Mercedes Vargas. Because you will have proven something to both of us that neither of us at this moment see in you two. Until then  champs, until then…”

>

<span style="color:limegreen">First Ever Triple Crown and Grand Slam Winner and 2nd ever Grand Slam Winner</span>

Offline Tempest

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 05, 2021, 09:14:25 PM »

Honolulu, Hawaii - A few years back

She could still remember it. The sound of her step-daughter’s crying ate away at her, both mentally as well as physically. Just the memories alone of that horrible day was almost too much to bear, not only because she lost someone she had not expected to grow to love as much as she did, but because the memories lingered on and she had no real closure to help heal the emotional wounds. What had happened to her husband was a tragedy that nobody on either side of the family had been prepared for, but she had at least expected to be able to be there for Anela, Malulani’s daughter from a previous marriage. That sweet, little girl was all they had left of him, but while his fate had been taken out of any of their hands, her’s had not. What happened with her was simply the cold and calculated actions of another who while was certainly grieving, cared less about what her son-in-law and granddaughter might have wanted, and more so what she wanted.

The fact that Malulani’s former mother-in-law often had accused Alleyene of “replacing” her precious daughter in Malulani and Anela’s lives left a bitter aftertaste in the older woman’s mouth, and a hole in Alleyene’s heart.

Alleyene: Please - I am begging you! Don’t do this!

Mahina: It’s already done. The lawyers have seen to it.

It was less than an hour ago when Anela’s grandmother and Malulani’s former mother-in-law had shown up at their doorstep with the case workers from not only the family court, but Child Protective Services as well. They had served Alleyene with the papers, a formality that stated Mahina would be taking custody of Anela as of that day. Alleyne had argued and even was ready to fight but the agents from CPS stated that police were at the ready outside of the house to intervene if the need arose, forcing her to stay her hand.

Alleyene: Why are you doing this!? Is this what you were waiting for all of this time!? To take her away just so you could punish me for marrying her father!?

Mahina: I am only thinking of what is best for my granddaughter.

The older woman’s calm demeanor only served to infuriate Alleyene even more, as she knew that she had her bent over the proverbial rail, and she could do nothing. No matter which way she turned, no matter how she fought this, the simple truth remained; she would lose Anela. It was just a matter of whether or not she would end up behind bars in doing so. Alleyne stared her down with the agents watching on, the feeling of the unsettling tensions rising was almost more than any of the government agents could bear. Yet this was their job, and it was not the first time they had been in such circumstances.

Finally, she shook her head.

Alleyene: No. You’re not doing this for anyone other than yourself. Anela is all you have left of your daughter and for that, I am sorry! But you aren’t doing this to protect her; you’re doing it to hurt me! The love you have for that little girl has been eclipsed by the hatred you have of me!

Mahina: You’re mistaken. I am her grandmother.

Alleyene: I am her…!

Mahina: You are NOTHING to that girl! A substitute mother at best and a poor one at that! Traipsing around, chasing after common thugs and criminals! What kind of example were you setting for an impressionable little girl!? You didn’t even have the heart or courtesy to adopt her officially!

Alleyene: You wouldn’t let me! You contested it every time Malulani and I tried!

That horrible woman had no defense because she did not need one. She didn't even believe that she should have had one. Everything Alleyene had said was true. She could sense it, and when that old bitch simply smiled at her and turned her back, that was the last straw! She took a step forward and stepped in the old woman’s path, causing the agents to step forward and ready themselves to intervene if things went south.

Alleyene: This isn’t over, you miserable old BITCH! I will get that little girl back!

Again, that cocky smile as Mahina shook her head.

Mahina: You can try, but it won’t happen.

That being said, she all but brushed past Alleyene and the woman who would one day come to be known as Tempest turned her body at the waist and her heart sunk as she saw that darling little girl watching her from inside of the rear passenger seat of her grandmother’s car. She had such a pleading expression on her face, her warm eyes brimming with a fresh wave of tears that threatened to overwhelm her - again. Anela already had several tear stains dried on her cherubic face. One more was too much to bear. The very moment Mahina had opened the car door and turned on the engine, that little girl who had placed such faith in her that everything would be alright lost what little control she had over her senses and emotions.

Anela: No! NOOO! MOMMA!!!

Alleyene took a step forward as the car pulled from the drive, but the CPS agents stood in her way to prevent her from doing anything that any of them might soon regret. Anela’s pleading screams and crying continued as the car pulled out of the drive and onto the road, leaving a vulnerable and helpless Alleyene standing there in the drive. Watching until the car vanished from her sight, and with it?

The last remnant of what little heart she had left.

New York City - Madison Square Garden

The worst part of the memory of that horrible day was the dawning realization that the old bitch had been right from the very start. She was not Anela’s legal guardian as the adoption during the marriage was never finalized. And the grandmother had used every ounce of influence she had in the community and money in her bank account to ensure Alleyene didn't stand a chance in the courts when she made the attempt to contest the decision and regain custody of the child who had fast become her daughter, even if not by blood but by marriage.

It was why she remained standing so far away, and watching as the ring great J2H escorted his son around the backstage area of the world-famous arena, introducing him to every Superstar and Bombshell that crossed their respective paths. That little boy was about the most precious little one she had ever laid her eyes on, and she would have loved to have been in on this little ritual with the family and J2H’s “peers,” but she just couldn’t.

Just watching the cherubic smile of that boy broke her heart all over again, reminding her of what she had once had, and what was no more.

Empire State Building

Austin James Mercer: So, you want to tell me what’s going on?

Indeed, Austin had cornered Tempest earlier in the day and along with his wife Lisa and their children, had convinced her to accompany them on a little sightseeing excursion to the Empire State Building. Tempest had little desire to do anything of the sort. Well, she had originally when the tour had first arrived here in New York City. She had long been a fan of the classic film “King Kong,” ever since she was just a little girl. And how can you be a fan of that classic film, be in New York, and NOT visit the Empire State Building?

But despite her desire, the pained memories that had manifested themselves into her mind had slowly become too much and she simply wanted to hole herself up in her room, order a big meal through room service and just be left alone. That was what she wanted, but ever since she had started to get to know Austin and a bond and yes, friendship, had slowly started to form between them, she had come to realize he wasn’t the sort of man to just let a friend wallow about in self pity. The fact that they were staying in the same hotel was just a mere formality.

And given how the sight of J2H with his son had caused her current mood, the fact Austin and Lisa’s little ones were right there certainly didn’t help her miss Anela any less.

And here is a little secret we can let you in on; Lisa Mercer was just as relentless as her husband was when it came to caring for someone close. And even though the two women had barely ever spoken two words to one another, that fact did not stop Lisa from taking Tempest by the bend of her elbow and escorting her along with the family as if they had been old friends from years ago.

But back to Austin’s question… the family -- and Tempest -- along with a number of tourists stood in the Observatory of the Empire State Building, watching the skyline darken into night from this dizzying height even if down on the street below, the sun was still in the process of slowly setting into dusk.

Tempest: What makes you think anything is wrong?

Austin James Mercer: Because I’m big and beautiful…

Tempest frowned and turned to look at him, and found him looking into her face and he had that damn grin that made her want to cuff him a hard one. But didn’t. That should speak volumes for how she felt about the man that had somehow grown from a simply tag team partner to a valued friend. Then the smile vanished. As if she could tell privacy was needed, Lisa gathered the children and moved around the Observatory to look down from another angle.

Austin James Mercer: I’m also not dumb. I saw you at the Garden, Alleyene.

And there he had her. He had used her real name as opposed to her ring name. She sighed, shaking her head.

Tempest: It’s nothing. I’m just missing someone pretty bad. Something happened at the Garden that just made the memories come flooding back.

Austin nodded, turning aside to look out of the glass. He had long ago deduced that not only had she been married, but tragedy had struck in the form of an untimely death. He had never pried, but sometimes that was what a friend had to do.

Austin James Mercer: Your husband?

She shook her head.

Tempest: No, someone else.

Austin James Mercer: Do you want to talk about it?

Tempest: I’m not sure that’s a good idea.

Austin James Mercer: And why is that?

Tempest: Because if I do, I’ll start crying.

She looked at him by way of the reflection in the glass against the darkening sky and the city's lights.

Tempest: And if I start crying, I can promise you that you’ll start crying.

Austin just smirked and chuckled beneath his breath. He hadn’t expected anything less, but still - he had to try. Plus, now that the offer had been made, if and when she felt the need or desire to talk or confide in someone,she knew that he was there. Ready to lend an ear. Still, even if she wasn’t ready to talk to ease whatever fresh hell she was going through emotionally, there was still one thing he could offer.

Austin James Mercer: You want to get outta here?

Tempest: God, yes!

Satisfied, Austin turned to find Lisa and the kids so they could get going, and hopefully lure his partner and friend into having dinner with them one more time before Sunday…

Down in the lobby, the soft chime of the elevator sounded and the golden double doors slid open, and the Mercer family stepped out into the lobby, accompanied by Tempest.

Tempest: I appreciate the offer of dinner but I would really rather…

“Mommy! Daddy-DADDY! Look!”

The child’s excited call practically rang off of the lobby’s walls and caused many a head to turn, the Mercers and Tempest included. Tempest’s heart felt ready to sink, as somehow fate was seemingly playing a cruel trick on her as there at the entrance of the lobby was none other than J2H himself, his wife Melody, and that darling little boy of theirs; JJ. Judging by the look on J2H’s face, he wanted to be there even less than Tempest herself did, but the bright expression on Melody’s face and the way the excitement radiated off of JJ’s own was testament enough as to who was really behind this little family outing.

But as Tempest believed the child’s excitement was for being in the building, she could not have been more wrong as JJ ran as fast as his small legs could carry him with his hands encased in the fingers of both parents. They did not go directly toward the elevator as Tempest might have expected, but JJ skidded to a halt right in front of both Tempest as well as Austin, and his wide eyes practically glowed with the excitement of a true wrestling fan that only a child could radiate.

JJ: Daddy! Look who it is! Austin James Mercer!

Heel or face, wrestlers were this child’s hero, and Austin leaned down onto one knee and shook JJ’s hand, practically making the boy tremble with excitement while Melody had covertly slid her camera from her purse, lest she as a mother miss out on this important memory for her son.

J2H: You may find this hard to believe, but he’s something of a wrestling fan.

J2H then leaned over and nudged his boy in the shoulder, garnering his attention.

J2H: And you know who this is, right?

JJ looked from his father and right to Tempest, and if she thought the child’s smile could not get any wider nor brighter, she was mistaken. And as much as her heart had been aching only moments ago, the simple fact was that a child’s smile could be infectious.  A soft smile crept to her lips, making Austin ready to crack a joke that her face might break. Like her partner did, Tempest kneeled down and took JJ's hand into her own.

Tempest: And what’s your name?

JJ: JJ?

It was almost comical how quickly he went from excited wrestling fan, almost to a touch bashful. He chewed on his finger until he found his voice again.

JJ: Are you really as strong as they say you are?

Tempest: Well, you seem like a healthy boy. Touch your ears.

JJ blinked, suddenly unsure. He looked back at both his mother and father, as if to silently ask for permission to such a simple thing.

J2H: Go ahead.

JJ turned back around to look at the amazon and he finally did as instructed, touching both ears with his fingers, leaving his elbows bent outward. Tempest then played along and took hold of his arms and stood upright, thereby scooping JJ up off of the floor to eye level. James Jr. laughed and laughed as Melody continued to record, until finally Tempest lowered him to the lobby floor.

After taking pictures with Austin and Tempest both together as well as on their own with JJ, J2H and Melody went into the elevator with their son, as the Mercers and Tempest headed out into the city; Austin glancing at Tempest with a smirk.

Tempest: Not a word, Mercer!

Central Park

Despite her rough profession as both a professional wrestler as well as bounty hunter, Tempest was no fool. She knew when not to tempt fate and that was why she found herself walking through the famed Central Park midday as opposed to earlier in the morning when she had first desired to do so. Central Park was indeed famous for its beauty and attractions, but it also had a darker history where muggings and worse had taken place, and she had no desire to become another statistic for the news. The Stevens had suggested the time change, and her mother practically pleaded. Together the Stevens and her mom were an unbeatable combination and she had finally relented.

It was why she was here, now, walking the path and enjoying the sight of the foliage turning color while leaves fell from the trees high above to the ground below.

“I’m not going to mince words here today. I’m just going to be honest and express my disappointment. Did you know that Hawaii has a fair number of heroes that every child on every one of the islands is taught to look up to and respect? Everyone from King Kamehameha I to Saint Damien, right up to Don Ho. Those are people my mom and dad taught my brothers and me to respect and to revere. And I did, but I also couldn’t help but wonder as I got older, how would I feel were I to meet them, face to face? I’ve always heard the worst thing you can do is to meet someone that you’re a fan of because they can never live up to the hype that you’ve built up for them inside of your own head. I was never certain how true that way because I never actually tried to meet anyone I looked up to in that way. Then I found myself up against Mercedes Vargas, and I was left wondering how true that statement really was.”

“Now don’t get me wrong. I’m not a fan of Mercedes. I don’t revere her and I sure as hell don’t call myself a fan. But - I respected the hell out of her. Everything she accomplished in this business, I wanted to emulate. She was - is - a woman that any newcomer to the Bombshell division can easily look up to as an example and strive to be like. So imagine my vast disappointment when I realized just how far away my expectations of her truly were. The woman acknowledged me; she had to. I’m holding the one thing she wants in the Mixed Tag Team Championship, and let’s face facts; I’m not an easy woman to look past. But as much as I look up to the woman and respect her for everything she has accomplished, because she has accomplished literally everything that there was and is to do. But for everything that she said to address me as champion and the woman she had to go though, for her to say so much yet so little, it was as if she believed actually paying attention to me was beneath her.”

“Do you even remember our little match on Halloween, Mercedes? Did you pay attention to anything I said to you and about you? Anything at all? Obviously not because you acted as if I absolutely hated you when I said outright in my promo for that ridiculous match that I had the utmost respect for you. I told the world that I was legit excited to face you not only in that singles encounter, but the chance to defend the Mixed tag titles against a legit threat in the form of Goth and yourself - two Hall of Famers -- but…”

She paused in her steps and shook her head.

“It was as if you paid no attention to anything I said or did where you yourself were concerned. Like the resident ‘memory bank’ of SCW was too important to pay attention to anyone, least of all a woman who has been competing for a fraction of the time that you have. I’ve got the mixed tag titles with Austin, but aside from your desire to take what belongs to us, does my accomplishment mean anything to you?”

“Obviously not, or you would have paid actual attention to how I really felt about the chance to face you in the ring as opposed to glancing past me and simply assuming I hated you because that’s seemingly how the rest of the world feels. Well Vargas, it may come as a great shock to you, but I don’t hate you. And this may be an even bigger surprise, but what others have to say and think matter. Not acknowledging them or just outright ignoring them, what they say and how they think? That’s beneath even you, chicky, but that’s okay. I’m past it, and I’m past you. You showed your true colors, so I am going to make the most out of this defense with Austin against Goth and yourself. Now I’ve built something of a reputation, so let’s address that for just a moment, shall we?”

“I’ve attacked and beaten down a number of women in SCW, among them Bella Madison, Courtney Pierce and Sierra Williams. Among others. Now here we are, just you and I while our partners have the chance to settle things between themselves. And I know you think that for all the advantage I have in height, weight and strength alone, to you I am little more than another rookie standing in your path. Only this rookie has championship gold around her waist, and that’s the only reason the high and mighty Mercedes Vargas has deigned to address me. Everything that I had done in the past to the women I mentioned before and every other one I’ve been in the ring against, you know that I am going to do to you as well, right? The key difference is with women like Bella and Sam Marlowe, it was a pleasure to beat those chicks down. With you?”

“I would say that it’s going to be more business than pleasure. I can’t say that I’ll enjoy throwing you all over that ring, but I will enjoy forcing you to realize and to understand that I am not just some other rookie that the bosses want you to put through the proverbial ringer. After this match and Austin and I retain? I want nothing more than for you to look me right in the eye - and say my name.”

Tempest then started to walk along the path again, crossing over a carved, stone foot bridge that spanned over a running brook beneath.

“And while Mercedes is mine to face, I have nothing to worry about where Goth and my partner are concerned. Austin has proven himself in every way since that first match against the Barnharts; that he is a man that despite the past he shared with Fenris and Aron, he is someone that I can place my faith in to hold up his end of the bargain and fight to keep what’s ours. And not just for himself, but for me as well. I wasn’t surprised to find Austin and myself to be as successful as we’ve been. I mean, look at us! Austin’s singles record speaks for itself, but for as confident as I was in how effective we would be, the man surprised me in just how good of a friend he was capable of being to someone like me.”

“And therein lies the real advantage that he and I have over Mercedes and Goth as we head into High Stakes XI. We have the size and strength. We have the experience as a tag team. But above all, we have each other's backs as much out of friendship as we do professionally.”

“That’s not an advantage even a team like the two of you can surpass.”

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
« Reply #8 on: November 05, 2021, 11:36:06 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 31 de octubre al 6 noviembre de 2021

I guess I should be upset that I didn't walk out of the go-home show to High Stakes at the Halloween Climax Control. But then again, my track record at Halloween shows in SCW is usually hit or miss. My first one was in 2013, my last Halloween match was three years ago. I’m an even 2-2 now in those matches and the last time I won was five years ago. Go figure.

What’s funny is the coffin match stipulation chosen for my match against Tempest was somewhat fitting. See, for years, people have pronounced my career long since dead, they’re hoping to be the nail in my coffin. Even then, they said joining the Mean Girls would be career suicide. Turns out, it was the best decision I ever made. Joining the Mean Girls didn’t change who I was, didn’t change the fact that I accomplished mostly everything that there is to do in SCDub, didn’t change the sacrifice and hard work I put in my career. I was a winner before the Mean Girls, I was a winner with the Mean Girls, I was a winner after the Mean Girls broke up. And why?

Because nothing succeeds line success, that’s why.

Seemingly success - albeit a few career milestones here and there - has been fleeting lately. I haven’t won a championship in SCW in two years, my win-loss record is nothing to write home about, and I’ve had many opportunities slip through my fingers again and again so all the more reason to hang up my boots and ride off into the sunset. And yet I look back at all the things I went through in this company and it just blows my mind that I've accomplished a lot more than what people give me credit for. I've carved out a legacy that will never be surpassed or equaled. That I’ve withstood this long is a testament to my determination. People doubted if I could win my first ever championship. People wondered if I would crumble when I had another shot at the World Bombshell Championship after my first reign was one big asterisk in the history books no thanks in part to Crystal and her then-58th husband all those years ago. People probably never thought that I would be the first woman and still the only woman to win every championship this company had to offer, but I proved them all wrong, didn’t I? Yes, yes I did. I’ve made a career of proving people wrong for the last eight years and Sunday at High Stakes will be no different.

We’re in the middle of the holiday season and this Sunday’s World Mixed Tag Team Championship match at High Stakes is Halloween, Thanksgiving, and Christmas rolled up into the one. Did you think I was going to miss High Stakes this year? What are you, stupid? I have my PPV appearance streak to maintain, which, by the way, is one of the many records I own that will never be broken. 9 straight years of never having missed a PPV event since my debut? Eight years straight of being on every PPV over the course of a year? Nobody is going to touch those feats anytime soon.

Did I think I was ever going to find myself in a championship match much less competing for the World Mixed Tag Team Championship? Well, not really. But then again, Goth and I stepped up to the plate when no one else would. Yet it seems Austin saying he and Tempest struggled and demanded competition  throughout their reign is less a statement of fact and more an attempt on the part of Austin to convince himself that this is in fact the gospel truth. Now, granted, one would actually wonder why that is because as sure as my name is Mercedes Vargas, finding challengers for Austin and Tempest shouldn’t be like pulling teeth. I get that Austin is six feet, six inches tall, same as Mac Bane, and the only guy taller than him is Senor Vinnie. I get that Tempest is the biggest woman on the roster and is noticeably either larger, stronger, or quicker than the rest of the female roster. Usually, it's two or more of those, and often, it's all three. Reason enough why she’s Goliath to any women she wrestles and why people are often intimidated given how she can simply toss anyone around the ring like a rag doll. She’s probably strong enough to carry two women over her shoulders like boulders. Outside the odd singles match here and there, Tempest is downright scary for a reason. The only single woman who could even begin to stand up to her power in one-on-one confrontation was Bobbie Dahl, one of the only two women she’s lost to one-on-one, and the only reason Bella won was because Tempest was having too much fun kicking her ass all over the ring and the referee couldn’t do anything to stop her, so there’s that.

Put Austin and Tempest together and its easy to see why they’ve been lording over the mixed tag division and holding the the mixed tag titles for the past five-plus months.

But, see, Goth only came back to SCW for a reason. Not because he can’t stay away as Austin believes, but because he’s looking for a challenge. Everybody’s hungry, everybody wants to prove themselves. Can Goth keep up with the current roster? I think that’s a resounding yes. He already beat Caleb Storms and Mark Cross, a former Internet and Roulette Champion and a former World Heavyweight Champion, respectively. Brayden Hilton had to cheat to beat him, and Mac Bane got the best match of his career. Goth has done it all. The Roulette Championship. The World Tag Team Championship. The World Heavyweight Championship, the Internet Championship. He was the first ever SCW Triple Crown Champion and one of the very few men who can also say they’re SCW Grand Slam Champions.

Most of all, Goth has unfinished business. Just as Alicia is looking to add the one title missing from Wolflair’s collection, Goth is looking to add the one title missing from his collection to become the third Superstar ever to win every championship in SCW after Kain and Kristopher Ryans. You know what Kain and Goth will also have in common?

I’ll be there to witness history.

And if there’s anyone who knows about making history, it’s yours truly. Because I wrote the book on making history. I went unpinned for 14 consecutive months after my in-ring debut, main-evented Climax Control and pay-per-views, has been in over 60 title matches, has been a champion in SCW for over 600 days when you add up all my title reigns, and when it comes to High Stakes, I’ve had title matches now in six High Stakes PPV matches since my debut, more than anyone in the company.

You’ll have to excuse me if I was being just a little selfish. High Stakes is kind of a big deal. This is personal for me. It’s been six long, frustrating years since I last won at this supercard, and then three years ago, Kain and I lost the World Mixed Tag Team Championship to Lachlan Kane and Sierra Williams and I still haven’t got over it. This is my chance to finally put that loss behind me and end my supposed curse at High Stakes.

Austin is right about how Goth and I aren't really a tag team, he’s absolutely right. Austin and Tempest have teamed up for a while now. Maybe Goth and I don't have the chemistry like they have. We may not have the unidad like they have, but what Goth and I do have is experience. Austin and Tempest will have the rare opportunity of facing a pair of Hall of Famers who have combined to win nearly twenty championships and who have competed in more tag matches than their individual or collective careers.

Still, the pressure isn’t on us because we have nothing to lose. Our legacies are secured, win or lose. Our spot in this company will never be in question. That’s the difference between Goth and I and our opponents this Sunday.

I have faith that Goth will hold his own against Austin, but should I be concerned about Tempest? I’ve been in more kinds of matches than nearly everyone else in the company and this isn’t the first time I’ve been wrestling people several times my size in my career much less in SCW. As Bobbie learned the three times we faced each other, I will not go away that easy, and I proved that by beating her in two of those matches. Facing Tempest, I’m not going to make the same mistake Crystal did at Violent Conduct two months ago, in a title match that many people agreed she had no business being in the first place but knowing who she is, it was more surprising why J2H went along with it. You saw how that ended. We all know the real reason Crystal wanted the match is because she doesn’t want to be ignored. And if there’s one thing I know about Crystal, it’s that she hates being ignored.

Like I said, there’s many people hoping to be the nail in my coffin. If my career is all but dead, Austin and Tempest are going to be looking at what would take its place Sunday at High Stakes.

~~~

B E V E R L Y H I L L S • C A L I F O R N I A

[Here at Rodeo Drive, visitors are roaming around with shopping bags dangling from their arms. There’s more tourists than locals, more gawkers than shoppers.

A lush melody waifs to the concourse. We transition our focus to a sewn-in black satin ribbon page marks an opened book of sheet music then behind the music player as we see over his shoulder. Sitting at a grand piano, his attention is divided between his hands dancing across the keys and the sheet music set before him as he plays an arrangement of Christmas standards.

Mercedes, her cousin Carmen and her police partner Malcolm are walking across the intersection. Rodeo Drive is decorated for the holidays. Malcolm explains to Mercedes the typical day.

.::MALCOLM::..
Risking one's life to save a kitten's was not something I ever thought I would do. I”ll be honest here, I don't even like cats, allergies. But there I was climbing up a tree next to an apartment building with smoke and flames coming out the top.

.::CARMEN::..
Would you believe this made the paper?

I know, which makes the story even crazier.

.::MERCEDES::..
Are they playing All I Want for Christmas? Ugh… I hate this song. Why is it always playing every year?

What’s wrong with Mariah Carey?

It’s complicated.

Well, get on with it. What happened next?

I had one angry tabby that day. Yet somehow, I don’t know if it was bravery or stupidity, but I reached to him-

Her.

It.

[Malcolm gives them an annoyed look.]

Whatever. The tree had to be 30 feet, tops. That tabby was stuck there some three or four hours. A crowd gathered below me. I’m thinking this would be cake. Climb the tree, stuff the cat in my backpack, and shimmy back down the tree.

Then what happened?

And then, as if sensing my presence, the feline let out a great hiss. I knew then that I done ducked up. It was now or never. So I took my gun, fired a few rou -

YOU SHOT AT A CAT?! YOU MONSTER!

This is one way to get a cat down from a tree. Is it the best way? No. Is it the worst way? Probably.

Carmen, are you hearing this?

That’s not what happened, Mal.

Okay, okay. So I opened the cat carrier, lured that sucker in and…

And?

It got away and climb down the tree.

Ouch.

There was another tree rescue that day?

Really? Another cat?

No, just Malcolm.

What? I’m afraid of heights!

The cat’s out the bag.

~~~

[Open on Mercedes sat on a park bench, feeding the birds. With a sigh, she buries her face in her hands.]

She hears her cousin's voice suddenly as she appears. Carmen, dressed in her police officer uniform, is taking

Got your IM. Mind if I join you?

[Mercedes doesn't look at her.]

Free country.

[Carmen sits next to Mercedes.]

You OK?

Better than OK. Fantastic.

Come on. Let off some steam. You shouldn't keep your feelings bottled up like that. It'll eat you alive.

[Mercedes barely looks up.]

Then why do I feel dead inside?

[Lifting her head just a little, Mercedes throws out bread crumbs. Almost instantly a flock of seagalls fight over it.]

Do you ever think you should just stop doing this?

Doing what?

Your wrestling career.

It’s complicated. I happen to enjoy my work. The pay is good, the travel is paid for, and I get to beat people up for a living. What more can you ask for?

Better heath benefits, for one. How many times have you been concussed or injured in your career again?

[Mercedes raises an eyebrow.]

Sometimes I have good days, sometimes I don’t.

[Mercedes turns away. She runs her fingers through her hair, pausing to compose herself. Carmen slowly stands to her feet, shaking her head.]

I’m just trying to keep my head above water. Now I'm at the point where I'm holding my breath, but you can only do that for so long before going under. What are you, my doctor?

Your cousin. Just keep an open mind, alright. All I'm saying.

I'll think about it.

You never once thought you'd reach that moment of clarity. Well, maybe that's your moment of clarity.

Are you done?

You want some advice?

What's that?

As long as your fighting, that's what matters. The trick is to keep breathing.

I guess I know what I've go to do.

OK. Good talk.

~~~

Present Day ♦ N E W Y O R K

[REC•]

"Some things are better left unsaid, but you can bet I'm going to say it anyway. I can't help being who I am."

[Above the roaring car traffic, Mercedes is walking the pedestrian walkway on the Brooklyn Bridge this cold morning, dressed in a  buttoned trench coat.]

“They say that if you can make it in New York, you can make it anywhere. This happens to be true.

“I get that most people don't like my attitude, let alone my personality. But don't confuse the two. My personality is who I am. My attitude? Well, that depends on who you are. It's no secret that most people find me annoying. Well, I'm annoyed now. Truth be told, I like to be annoyed. It fuels the spirited competitor in me and I get to take my anger out on the poor, unlucky soul standing across from me in the ring.”

[Mercedes shakes her head as she remembers that she's facing yet another opponent she's faced her career, and it doesn't lighten the mood any better.]

“I'm not willing to bend or break for anybody. I sure as hell don't need to validate myself to the fans, this company, the lockerroom, and especially to the Bombshells Division because neither their or anybody's expectations will never exceed mine. I mean that with so much emphasis.”

[Her tone shifts from friendly and chatty to slightly more serious. She stops nodding and smiling.]

“In a women's locker room that often sees competitors come and go within a couple years, if that, I've been the most stable presence. After all, 80 percent of success is showing up. Or, the best ability is availability. Same difference. How many people can say they've wrestled more than 100 matches and perform regularly on TV?  Answer: You can count them on one hand. I've been such a constant presence for the past seven, eight years now that it's almost easy to forget about my successes. I'm practically the Roger Dangerfield of the women's division, maybe even the entire company.”

“Seems to be a common theme with me lately. I'm one of the most winningest women in the company, but some only see what I've done lately. I mean, I get that this is a results-oriented business and all, I get that. If the typical fan - as fickle as they are sometimes - just started watching SCW, they might see me as a complete afterthought, which completely flies in the face of all the hard work I've done in my career.”

[People riding bicycles are in the background. They pass by on the left of Mercedes, looking back at her before going about their daily business.]

“My career is almost beyond comparison, easily, easily, one of the most incredible in this company’s decade-long history. I’ve been making history for eight of those years while building a Hall of Fame resume that is second to none. And that will be evident when I accept my second Hall of Fame induction at High Stakes this Sunday, the same place where I received my first induction three years ago. It takes a truly legendary wrestling career to make a case for the Hall of Fame. But to be inducted twice? But seemingly everyone in this women’s division, on this roster, in this company, has forgotten who I am and what I’m about.”

[A strong wind picks up and tousles her hair, with strands of it ending up in her mouth. Mercedes brushes them aside as she continues down the walking.]

“At this point, I don’t need to prove anything to anybody. I’m so beyond the need of proving it’s not arguable. I’ve proven that with my career. I’ve proven that with my numerous records and rewriting the record books, I’ve proven that with the people I’ve beat. I’ve proven that with my longevity. I’ve proven that by main eventing on Climax Control and pay-per-views. Read my lips, mark my words, write it down, and get it notarized. No Bombshell will ever reach the level of performer that I am.

“I shouldn’t even come out here and say it directly, but it needs to be said: I’ve overcome more adversity in my career than every past or present Bombshell to have landed in the promotion. I never said I was Gods gift to wrestling, but I am SCW’s gift to the Bombshell’s Division because without me none of them would have anything to strive for. That’s how generous I am. It’s a testament at all as to how I’m still here. I pride myself in being the most accomplished Bombshell in the company. Proud of it, not ashamed to say it.

“Day after day, weekend after weekend, for almost eight years in this company, I have proven to be more than just another name on the roster, I have proven to more than just another face, and you know as well as I do that I have proven to be a dangerous opponent on any given night in that ring. Nobody in this company - past, present or future - can say the same. Nobody. If that isn't sacrifice, then I don't know what else will convince you. But then, that's not what this match is about now, is it?”

[The Hall of Famer appears to be thinking it over, stops, smiles, and shakes her head. She then laughs in jest. Mercedes has also brought controversy on herself by her opinionated nature, which in some companies is frowned upon. She claims that it's her “popularity” that's what keeping her around. She raises her sunglasses over her head.]

“I’m not going to change, and why should I? Pretty sure I’ve made that very clear over the years, critics, naysayers and opponents be damned. And if Tempest and Austin are the latest to catch my ire, taking exception to my comments ahead of our match, then so be it.

“If Tempest wants all the attention on her, that’s fine. She’s not hard to miss and anyone can point her out in a lineup. If it’s a fight she wants, nobody said that I couldn't live up to keeping my promise. Like I said before, Goth and I are the big step up in competition for her and Austin, and in my mind all their wins before that only tells me they just had it easy so far. You can bet that is going to change this weekend.

“No matter what she does, what she says, or where she stands, Tempest will never be the level of in-ring performer that I am let alone make the history I’ve made or be as great as I am. It's clear that no matter what the language, Spanish, English, Hawaiian, this international incident is universal. There be no need for translation when the opening bell ring in a match that will be one of the more important title matches at High Stakes, no matter where we’re placed on the card.”

[Mercedes pauses, smirks a while. She knows where she was going with this.]

“I have my sights set on the World Mixed Tag Team Championship and lucky for me, my target can’t be missed. Goth couldn’t have picked a better partner. I literally check all the boxes! See?”

[Mercedes produced her clipboard and turns it towards the camera where a check box next to a few benchmarks like multi-champion, a few personal milestones, the number of career tag matches she’s had in SCW, and her number of tag team championships.]

“Goth can show Austin and Tempest respect, and that’s fine. Me? They won't get the satisfaction and I won't give them the pleasure because respect is not what I’m after. I’m coming after the World Mixed Tag Team Championship. Of course, we can save a match on the card by making this easy by having those titles shined up, putting a nice little bow on them and being presented to us. Won’t that be fun? Nah, I rather earn them instead.”

[The sun sets on the Brooklyn skyline as Mercedes spots the Statue of Liberty, admiring the iconic landmark before she continues walking.]

“So, Austin, Tempest? Goth and I will see you Sunday at High Stakes in Madison Square Garden. And if I were you, I’d probably take a selfie with those titles for the last time.”

[Mercedes makes the title belt motion across her waist.]

“Because they’ll be around our waist.”

[Nothing else needed to be said. The look on her face told the story. She divides her attention between the ground and the camera.]

“Long before you knew, and long after you’ll remember.”

***Fade***
« Last Edit: November 05, 2021, 11:45:02 PM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)