Author Topic: JESSIE SALCO vs MYRA RIVERS - CHAMBER OF EXTREME  (Read 2238 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
JESSIE SALCO vs MYRA RIVERS - CHAMBER OF EXTREME
« on: October 25, 2021, 05:18:40 AM »
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 7k limit.

Good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“I Have Such Sights To Show You!”
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2021, 09:12:14 PM »
At the beginning of the High Stakes XI Supercard Cycle, Jessie was entering it with a somewhat conflicted mind, after being left off the Violent Conduct VII card she was on a mission to make sure that didn’t happen ay High Stakes XI, enter Myra Rivers! The former Bombshell Internet Champion cut a promo after picking up the win over Bea Barnhart at the first show of the cycle declaring that despite two back to back losses to Amber Ryan for the World Bombshell Championship that she wasn’t done with Amber.

It was at that point that Jessie interrupted Myra accusing her of throwing a pity party for herself and even going as far as to say that Myra’s legendary 300+ Day reign as Bombshell Internet Champion would’ve been snuffed out at the first defence if Jessie had faced her instead of Kate Steele, when Myra rebutted those claims Kessie decided to challenge Myra to put her money where her mouth is with a Chamber of Extreme Match at High Stakes XI! Myra, in spite of the fact that she was still recovering from the Exploding Barned Wire Match against Amber at Violent Conduct VII, readily accepted the match and it was made official the following week! Can Jessie keep her undefeated streak in the chamber alive?

Leaving Disneyworld, Orlando, Florida
Monday the 26th of September 2021, 11:90am

What I said back there needed to be said.

Myra, for as talented as she is and as awesome as her Internet Title Reign was, was veering dangerously close to acting like I did after my first two attempts at winning the World Bombshell Championship failed and who would know better than me about how dangerous a path that is to take? But now the challenge I laid out is potentially in jeopardy as next week I have a match that could alter the course of the cycle for me.

And ironically? It’s against the woman who Myra said she wasn’t finished with yet, for the title she was still seeking.

“Jessie!” My train of thought was interrupted by long time SCW Interviewer and my good friend Ms. Rocky Mountains who, for some odd reason, was accompanied by a camera crew and holding a microphone. “I know you have to get to Atlanta for the next show…….”

[color=#COCOCO]”Actually, I’m heading up to Vegas to train at my home gym, I don’t know if you’ve noticed this Rocky, but I have a big match coming up next week!”[/color] I interrupted her as I folded my arms and Rocky nodded. [color=#COCOCO]”But go ahead!”[/color]

“Err, right, but I have to ask, what was with your challenge to Myra tonight?” Ms. Rocky Mountains asked, and I folded my arms. “You saw the match she had with Amber at Violent Conduct, right?”

[color=#COCOCO]”Saw it? I could’ve heard the explosion from the other side of Anchorage!”[/color] I responded as I rolled my eyes before folding my arms. [color=#COCOCO]”You know what Rocky? Since we’re friends and all I’ll give the exclusive first-hand account of why I issued that challenge to Myra, but not here in the Disneyworld parking lot.”[/color] I responded as I stepped forward. [color=#COCOCO]”Let’s be honest, what will have more eyes on it, your little SCW dot come exclusive video or a segment on next week’s Climax Control?”[/color]

“You do have a point there and I’ll make sure to set aside time in my schedule for that interview.” Rocky admitted with a nod, and I went to leave. “But can you at least answer one question for me here and now?”

[color=#COCOCO]”Make it quick.”[/color] I informed Rocky as I frowned at her. [color=#COCOCO]”We were hoping to leave early and avoid traffic and we’re already cutting it close because me and the boys slept in!”[/color]

“Fair enough, if you do beat Myra but fail to beat Amber next week, would you use that win to get a third shot at Amber?” Rocky asked and my frown deepened, it hadn’t exactly crossed my mind before she brought it up.

[color=#COCOCO]”That’s a decision that’s ultimately in the hands of the bosses.”[/color] I responded as I shook my head before thinking for a minute. [color=#COCOCO]”On the other hand? When I beat Evie at Inception IV Christian used that to put me in a championship match against Christina when she was still champion, whose to sat that he won’t see a win over Myra as a chance to do the same between me and Myra?”[/color]

“I guess that’ll have to do.” Rocky sighed as she ended the interview, and I went to get into the car. “You know I’ll be holding you to that interview segment, right Jess?”

[color=#COCOCO]”And we’ve known each other for how long Rocky?”[/color] I asked and Rocky paused. [color=#COCOCO]”Over a decade. I think you should know by now that I make good in my promises!”[/color] I added before I got in the car but left the passenger door open. [color=#COCOCO]”Trust me Rocky, the interview will be worth the wait!”[/color]

“See that it is.” Rocky called back and I waved at her before I closed the door and Kake drove off.

Backstage at Climax Control 314, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Sunday the 17th of October 2021. 20:00pm

I expected better.

What else do you expect me to say? After my sit-down interview with Rocky two weeks ago in Atlanta, I was ready to see Myra at her best, I even put together that video package with Krystal and Makayla that aired last week in preparation for the match at High Stakes XI and when I saw that Myra was taking on Roxi in a rematch from Into the Void X this week, I knew I had to grab a front row seat.

What I saw wasn’t Myra at her best, what I saw tonight was the opposite of that, she beat Roxi at Into the Void X fair and square when the Internet Title was on the line but tonight? The tables had turned, Roxi now had her win back from Myra and Myra can’t even say that it was because I was at ringside doing guest commentary because I don’t think she even realized that I was there until we had that exchange as I was heading to the back.

Do better at High Stakes XI or don’t waste me time, the meaning behind that couldn’t be more obvious, Myra was making mistakes tonight that I’d expect from someone with the age and experience of Chelsea Skye, not someone with more than three decades in the wrestling business, she’s slipping, that much is obvious.

And either she’ll catch herself before she slips any further, or I’ll take full advantage of it.

“So, Jess there is one question that’s been bugging me since you got back from the ringside area.” Jake commented as he turned to me, it was right after Ariana’s attack at the hands (among other things) of Char and whilst Shane was shaking his head at the brutality inflicted on a sweet, innocent girl like Ari Jake had his attention on me. “What was with that comment you made to Myra as you were heading to the back?”

[color=#COCOCO]”What do you think?”[/color] I asked point blank as I folded my arms. [color=#COCOCO]”When I was out there, I saw Myra make mistakes that I’d expect from someone who’s been wrestling for just under two years at most, not a veteran like Myra, something was definitely off with her tonight and I needed to give her that wake-up call.”[/color] I added at which point Shane turned to me.

“Did you though?” Shane asked with a raised eyebrow. “We know Myra hasn’t been able to replicate her prior success since losing the Bombshell Internet Title at Summer XXXTreme IX, but her last two title matches were against Amber.”

[color=#COCOCO]”And her last win was against Bea fucking Barnhart, I could’ve beat Bea when I was still fresh out of my training school at the age of eighteen and I’ll be the first to admit that it took me two years to get as good as I am!”[/color] I responded as I folded my arms before shaking my head. [color=#COCOCO]”I know you guys were back here and am not in the wrestling business, but I am, and I had a front row seat to what should’ve been a repeat of Myra’s first match against Roxi, instead? Roxi got her win back and now Myra has no momentum heading into our match.”[/color]

“Okay, Jess, just explain your logic to me.” Jake sighed as he rubbed his forehead with his hands. “Myra was the most dominant Bombshell Internet Champion we’ve seen in a long time, not only did she break the old records with that title, but she also set new ones that I highly doubt anyone will be able to match, much less break, anytime soon, and you want that Myra at High Stakes XI and not a Myra who’s off her game?”

[color=#COCOCO]”What I want is a match worthy of the High Stakes name! Not a match against someone so off her game that she can’t repeat a win she achieved as champion! This isn’t a knock on Roxi’s abilities in the ring, let’s make that clear!”[/color] I asserted as I started pacing around the room. [color=#COCOCO]”Team Hero are Hall of Famers for a reason, and they more than earned that distinction, but it’s as I said, Myra was wrestling tonight like she was fresh out of wrestling school, not someone with decades of experience.”[/color]

“Hate to say it but Jessie has a point.” Shane nodded in agreement before I got a notification on my iPhone and checked it. “Would Myra vs. Jessie be as epic if Myra wrestled the same way she did tonight?” Shane asked as I replied to Myra’s tweet with a “Bring It” gif.

“Maybe but I can’t help but think that that was more disrespectful than anything else.” Jake responded right as I got a reply and I grinned broadly. “Telling someone as distinguished as Myra to not waste your time? After that epic Bombshell Internet Title reign?”

[color=#COCOCO]”I don’t think I need to worry about that.”[/color] I responded, and the boys turned to me before I showed them the Twitter thread between me and Myra. [color=#COCOCO]”I think my words just lit a fire under Myra’s ass.”[/color]

“You think?!” Jake almost laughed as he watched the back and forth between me and Myra. “If anything, this could backfire and give you your first loss in the Chamber of Extreme.

[color=#COCOCO]”Maybe, maybe not.”[/color] I responded as I shook my head still keeping that big broad grin on my face. [color=#COCOCO]”But all good things have to come to an end at some point, if that end is against a motivated as fuck Myra Rivers then I say that it’ll be fucking worth it!”[/color] I added with a nod before we resumed watching the show.

Jessie’s hotel room, New York City, New York
Friday the 6th of November 2021, 21:00pm

*promo time*

Welcome to my chamber Myra.

[color=#COCOCO]”I think it’s safe to say that this has been one hell of a Supercard Cycle at this point, between everything that’s happened with Krystal and Char to this little feud between me and Myra, not to mention the Hall of Fame and the Year End Awards, this has certainly been one of the most eventful cycles we’ve had all year but for me and Myra? It didn’t start that wat, did it? No, things were a lot more restrained at first.”[/color]

Putting it mildly.

[color=#COCOCO]”Oh sure, we had those little interviews after we confirmed that yes, we were going to face off in the Chamber of Extreme Match at High Stakes XI but beyond that? Nothing, not a single in ring confrontation between us to help sell this match to the masses, it’s almost like people assumed that Myra had this in the bag from the word go and just didn’t pay attention beyond that, never mind the fact that this is the first Chamber of Extreme Match in High Stakes History, never mind the fact that we’re getting a match that could’ve easily happened during Myra’s legendary title reign but for one reason or another, it just didn’t, no Myra has this match against Jessie in the bag so why bother?”[/color]

Why indeed?

[color=#COCOCO]”It’s not often that I get to say this, but I can pinpoint exactly where people took their heads out of their asses and realized that something was up with Myra, I should know because I was there at ringside, doing commentary with Belinda and Jason, that’s right I’m talking about the match between Myra and Roxi, the rematch from Into the Void X where Myra was off her game big time and it led to Roxi tying their series at one a piece, now obviously that match was great for Roxi because it gave her a massive boost in momentum heading into the World Bombshell Title Match against Ambeer and Christina but where did that leave little old Myra?”[/color]

An excellent question.

[color=#COCOCO]”Do better at High Stakes or don’t waste my time, those where my exact words to you Myra because I knew from watching you wrestle some of the best SCW has to offer and Bea Barnhart that you were better than that! What I saw in that match against Roxi wasn’t a woman who had been wrestling longer than I have, a woman six years older than me and still holding her own against some of the young guns in the company, what I saw was someone who wrestled like they were fresh out of wrestling school and wrestling their first ever match.”[/color]

Sad.

[color=#COCOCO]”That’s not the Myra Rivers I wanted when I issued the challenge to you at Disneyworld Myra, I think I made that clear on Twitter but I think I’d better reiterate just so my message is loud and clear, I want the Myra Rivers who held the Internet Title for over three hundred days, I want the Myra Rivers who smashed the previous Bombshell Internet Title Records into the dust with a sledgehammer, I want the Myra Rivers who’s been wrestling longer than I have and will give me the epic battle I need at High Stakes XI and not the Myra Rivers who wrestled like it was her first ever match just a few weeks ago! And thankfully for both of us Myra? You came through and then some!”[/color]

Don’t know how it happened.

[color=#COCOCO]”I guess my little comment to you lit a fire under your ass Myra and there’s no better evidence than that than the twitter thread we shared later that night! You want to make me eat those words? Give me a knife and fork and I’ll devour them like Homer Simpson devours a doughnut! You want to show the world the real you that you’ve keep bottled up for most of your career? Bitch I’ll put THAT Myra Rivers on a fucking billboard! You see Myra? This is what I wanted! This is the Myra Rivers that I want to beat!”[/color]

And now onto the less pleasant stuff.

[color=#COCOCO]”Such a shame that I have to put the new, bright, cheerful and full of life Myra Rivers through absolute hell! But you knew what you were signing up for, didn’t you Myra? You know my history with this stipulation, you know that Evie Jordan, someone who dominated the Bombshell Division in 2020, couldn’t beat me in the Chamber of Extreme, other victims include Maki and Christina Rose, those are not women that the wrestling world would call pushovers, hell one of your earliest defences was against Maki so you know what she is capable off! So are you truly ready for me?”[/color]

Time to quote a horror movie.

[color=#COCOCO]”I haven’t seen the film in years but let’s talk about the original Hellraiser for a minute, I’m sure your familiar with Pinhead and the others, there is one quote that I would like to paraphrase as we head into this match Myra, come, I have such sights to show you! I wasn’t in the first Chamber of Extreme Match, but I was the one who perfected it over the past few years or so and it’s that knowledge that led to the downfalls of two former World Bombshell Champions!”[/color]

Your downfall.

[color=#COCOCO]”And soon? It’ll be the downfall of the longest reigning Bombshell Internet Champion! Make no mistake, I respect the hell out of you Myra for everything you accomplished in the year that you were champion but that respect can only carry me so far and this Sunday at High Stakes XI, respect goes out the window and it’s every woman for herself, on one side of the ring is a brunette women’s veteran from Florida who has been with SCW since the Climax Controls were in the double digits, on the other side of the ring is a blonde women’s veteran from Florida who’s been around even longer than me and has practically done it all outside of SCW!”[/color]

Similarities are there.

[color=#COCOCO]”Huh, you know, when I put it like that, we’re suddenly not that different, aren’t we Myra? Sure, there are some obvious differences in and out of the ring, but we’re both women’s wrestlers in their thirties about to enter a match that can only be described as hell on earth, me? I welcome that hell. I’m a metalhead for fuck’s sake, why wouldn’t I? But are you ready for hell Myra? I guess we’ll find out, won’t we?”[/color]

It’s that simple.

[color=#COCOCO]”There’s only one way this ends Myra, sure there’s a decent chance that the aftermath will look like a horror movie and sure, it’ll take us a while to recover from such a match but there can still only be one winner of this match and if you ask me? I have a streak to continue, three women have tried to end my undefeated streak in the Chamber, three women failed, and one hasn’t been seen since, will the fourth time be the charm?”[/color]

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

[color=#COCOCO]”Only one way to find out Myra and that’s to step into my playground! Only here you won’t find any see-saws, swings, slides, marry go rounds, no, here you’ll find weapons, things that will inflict pain and this match is basically my funhouse, will it be as fun for you as it is for me Myra? I doubt it! But when I strike you down with Blood Lightning and shock  the world by scoring a win, the fun will only just begin! See you on Sunday!”[/color]

I went to play on my guitar as the scene fades.

Myra Rivers

The Rebellious Vixen
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2021, 11:50:35 PM »
“The Rebellious Vixen…

I’ve been talking about her lately… I’ve been playing up the rebirth of who I truly am as a professional wrestler… I’ve been talking about the persona where I was not only at my happiest and at my most lighthearted, but also the persona where I was at my absolute BEST!

She stood for taking nobody’s crap, for doing the right thing for professional wrestling, for putting everything on the line, for being a true role model of the sport, for being such a fun, vibrant young lady that interacted with her audience and got the crowd behind her…

God, those were some amazing times…

It was a long, hard process…

But I’ve finally found her again…

I’ve finally found the person that I need to be in this business. No more crying. No more worrying. No more making mountains out of molehills with setbacks. No more hiding from an audience that loved her so much. No more confidence cracks at the first sign of adversity. No more doubting myself. No more burdens from the past. It’s a clean slate…

Come High Stakes…

The Rebellious Vixen in all her glory rises again…”

November 2, 2021

“Here they are! Your new, modernized ‘Rebellious Vixen’ ring attire!”

I was beaming with joy when I saw my new ring gear in so many styles and colors, seven of them, lined up in front of me. There wasn’t too much of a difference from my old Rebellious Vixen ring gear from a decade prior aside from the fact that the entirety of the ring gear sparkled and that the colors I had worn before took more of a metallic aesthetic. There was one mannequin in my ring gear with a new “No More Fears! No More Tears!” t-shirt being worn over it. I looked over at Jazmyn, who was also beaming.

“I love them…” I said with a bit of a happy crack in my voice. “...Candice’s company did a phenomenal job with this ring gear just like they did in the past.”

“It feels so right that the Myra that I know and love is finally back at her full potential! When you went out there on the last Climax Control and you did that cheerleader skit, I was SO happy for you! I knew it was REALLY YOU doing your thing again to your ultimate level of happiness!”

“I had butterflies in my stomach when the whole cheer started… but when I finished it… I really felt like ME again! For the first time in more than a decade, I was on camera… my shoulders being burden free… It was truly an amazing feeling.”

“You have no idea how happy I am for you right now…” Jazmyn said with a smile. However, she got startled by her phone going off. “Oh shoot! That must be the big celebration dinner I ordered for us! I’ll be right back…”

Jazmyn was quick to leave the scene and I found myself alone in our hotel room. I stood by the mirror and then I glanced at my new ring gear feeling nothing but pride. Looking back at the mirror, I was definitely feeling nostalgic as I had some thoughts to myself…

“Confident enough to stand up to those that hate her! Inspirational enough to bond with her audience and to push them to realize their dreams! Strong enough to overcome ANY challenge no matter how difficult or how brutal that challenge would be…

That’s the Rebellious Vixen in a nutshell and everything that defines her as the special person that she was… and will be again! My carefree confident attitude and my ability to inspire those that stood behind me no matter how hard the challenge was will once more define me as the professional wrestler that I am and the woman that I’ve grown to be over the years…

It’s time to remember those moments that made her so special… and the lessons I’m about to learn from these memories will help me remember what made me the champion that I was… and the world champion I am destined to be again…”

It was now time for a quick trip down memory lane of some of my brightest moments as the Rebellious Vixen during a time in my career where I was never, ever as insecure and as distant as I’ve been for so long…

April 2009

“What the FUCK do you mean you’re moving on to a new company?

NSWA’s owner was completely furious with me when he found out that I was leaving his company for a brand new one in PRW.

“You heard me!” I said with a defiant, confident tone in my voice. “I’m out of this hellhole!”

“But, you’re the NSWA Women’s and Television Champion. You’re about to compete for the world championship. How can you leave for another company?”

“Because she’s an ungrateful BITCH that’s why…”

I could only laugh as I heard the voice of one of the other wrestlers, and one of my biggest haters in NSWA, enter the owner’s office.

“You call your world championship title shot that you gave me an opportunity when you have me defending both of my titles in one night AND that title match? That’s not an opportunity sir, that’s bullshit. I won’t even be CLOSE to 100% by the time I get my shot. You want to know why I am defecting to PRW even though I’m a double champion here? Because I KNOW in my heart that I’ve reached my ceiling here. This is as good as it’ll ever get for me. I know in my heart that I will never get a real chance to shine here because you’re too busy having your nose straight up the asses of all the originals…”

“You can’t talk to the boss like that…” the other wrestler snapped at me.

“Shut the FUCK up Kirk, who asked you? Besides, I don’t work here anymore. I can say whatever the fuck I want.”

“Myra… how much are they paying you?”

“It doesn’t matter. I’m DONE being stifled here. I know I can do better than a company that died once before and can die again at any second with all the backstage drama here. I know that I am taking a gamble by leaving behind two titles, but I know what my fucking worth is and it is triple ANY worth YOU and your pathetic company can ever give me!”

“...you really are ungrateful, aren’t you?” NSWA’s owner said to me. “NSWA MADE YOU, Myra!”

“MADE ME? You only signed me for my beauty, not because of my ability. You didn’t see anything in me at all except for a ‘dumb Florida moron’ that you enjoyed chewing out in front of all the boys in the locker room for no reason. Until I won that ladder match in Vegas, you wanted nothing to do with me and now that I’ve become the wrestler you never thought I could be, you’re so desperate to keep me? Give me a fucking break! I deserve better than your little games.”

“You’re making the stupidest move you could ever make in your career…”

“No, I am making the SMARTEST move I could make in my career. I am confident enough to give up TWO championships to be HAPPIER and more SUCCESSFUL somewhere else. You don’t own me anymore. I control my own destiny in this business now. NSWA didn’t make me, I MADE ME… WITHOUT you or your help! So why don’t you bugger off you wanker!”

I flipped the owner the bird just to make my point clear.

“Get out of my office…” he said with anger.

“Gladly… and Kirk…”

I flashed a middle finger in the face of the other wrestler before I began to turn and leave the office.

“Nobody cares about you anyway Myra…” Kirk said, stopping me in my tracks. “You only ever had the success that you did because you didn’t have to go through Hall of Famers and former world champions to accomplish that. Go ahead and make the dumbest move of your career. Go the hell on elsewhere. Fucking BITCH!”

I just chuckled at this without letting these words bother me.

“Oh I WILL go the hell elsewhere… and I’ll be far more successful there than I ever would’ve been here.  When this company dies, you’re going to regret losing me…”

With that, I walked out of NSWA’s main office for the final time and the company itself for good.

“Being confident enough to be rebellious against anyone that dares to drag you down and doubt you… that’s what made me what I am…” I reflected as I still sat on my bed. “...PRW was a new environment for me, don’t get me wrong. It was going to consist of competition I never faced before. Yet, I knew I was going to thrive from the word go. Within three months, I had already claimed their tag team and their world championship…

My second world title reign of four… my god was it great to be at my absolute best…”

July 2009

“MYRA! MYRA! MYRA!”

The wrestling media couldn’t get enough of me as I stood with the PRW World Championship at a red carpet event for PRW’s flagship stage. Life was amazing! I was beaming with happiness, smiling for the flashbulbs. I had become the star that I envisioned that I would be. And I was having the time of my life being front and center of the wrestling media’s attention. At the moment, I was being bombarded with questions.

“How does it feel to be the brand new women’s wrestling megastar of 2009?”

“You’re main eventing a flagship show for the first time! Is the pressure on you? This is the biggest match of your career after all.”

“I am going to win and that is that…” I answered without hesitation.

“But what if you lose in the biggest match of your career? Would NSWA be proven right?”

“No, because I’m not losing. I haven’t even thought about losing. Why should I waste my time worrying about something that isn’t going to happen? Some people may see it as arrogant, but I’m here to win and I am here to show the world that you can be successful just by being you, by rebelling against the ‘machine’ so to speak and against anyone that tries to make you something that you’re not!”

“MYRA! MYRA! MYRA! MYRA!”

I smiled as I saw a collection of fans hanging out on the other side, many of them begging for autographs for their 8x10’s and their programs. I went to greet my fans without hesitation and I quickly began to sign autographs for them.

“I love you so much Myra…” a teenage girl said to me, causing me to smile. “You have really shown me to stand up to my bullies and to stand up to my abusive father that doesn’t think I’ll amount to anything!”

“Because of you, I was able to gather enough courage to go back to school and realize my dream of becoming a doctor…” a young man stated.

“You are so inspirational!”

“You make my day to day life so much better!”

“You are an amazing role model for my daughter!”

“I love you all so much and thank you! My heart will always be with you!” I blew a kiss to my audience before I flashed one last smile for the cameras and want into the building to prepare for the biggest match of my career up to that point.

“God I miss that connection with my fans and how much I inspired them…” I reflected back on my bed.

October 2010

I was sore and stitched up as hell. There was still some dry blood on my face that had yet to be wiped off and seeing some of these stitches and bandages wasn’t hurting my psyche. Of course, having the PRW World Championship in my 3rd reign certainly helped.

“How did you do it?” a stunned Jazmyn Rain asked me. “You retained your title against someone in their own specialty death match. He wanted to torture you with cactus and barbwire and everything…”

“Jazmyn, facing him in his own deathmatch of his own sick invention was the hardest challenge I have ever faced in my career. In reality, the odds were against me. But, I wasn’t worried about crumbling or collapsing. I wasn’t worried about the consequences of losing. All I was worried about was getting that son of a bitch in that scorpion casket and overcoming the odds. He was never going to break me, Jaz! NEVER! I’m beat up and sore… and he put me through hell. But I survived the most extreme match I’ve ever been in and I have confirmed for a fact that there is no challenge I can’t handle!”

“This is exactly why I want to finish my wrestling training so much…” Jazmyn exclaimed with joy as we hugged each other. “You really are the best wrestler in the world and the franchise face of PRW for a reason…”

Present Day

“It was a journey to rediscover her again…” I admitted verbally. “...but now that I have? I feel like there is not a damn thing or a damn person that can slow me down. I’m ready to finally unleash that Rebellious Vixen out into the wrestling world again because I know that in my spirit, my destiny to become Bombshells World Champion will happen now that I’ve embraced every single piece of her again! Jessie has no idea what she’s up against…”

I was interrupted by the door opening.

“Jazmyn, what took so…”

I was left stone cold in my tracks when I saw the individual that walked into the room. It wasn’t Jazmyn. It was Adrianna. My sister looked at my ring gear designs, then back at me. She had a really guilty look on her face.

“Adri? What are you doing here?”

“Hey…” Adrianna said in an awkward tone. “I just wanted to talk. I wanted to tell you that I’m sorry… for how I’ve been treating you. I understand you were put in an awkward spot when Jessie challenged you to that Chamber of Xtreme match just after you promised me you wouldn’t partake in such matches ever again and if it were me, I don’t know what I would’ve done. I treated you unfairly and I reacted with emotion.”

Adrianna began to tear up.

“I just care about you so much and I was so tired of seeing you hurt and in pain… especially on an emotional level…”

“Adri, you don’t need to cry…”

I stood up and I walked up to her. I immediately embraced her, forgiving her for cutting me off the way that she did. I managed to set her a bit straighter by wiping away her tears.

“You’re not wrong about my emotional pain. I know for many years, I carried it with me and it grew so much to the point where I was being so insecure and I could never be satisfied with anything. I know that I was so distant from my fans and that I was such a hermit so to speak thinking that I had to atone for a past long after I already had. I know you had to grin and bear seeing me hurt myself, hate myself, and bring myself down so much. For more than a decade, you had to watch me destroy myself…”

“That’s what drove me away…” Adrianna admitted. “...over the last decade, all I had ever seen you do is break down and cry whenever you lost a big match and if you weren’t doing that, you were doubting yourself so much and wanting to quit because you wanted to give up on your dream. It was the same pattern for years no matter what company it was: SCW, Carnage, UWA, GCW, even PRW toward the end of their existence. I was so tired, Miranda, of seeing you do that to yourself especially when I knew that you were better than that. That breakdown that you had after you lost at Summer XXXtreme and nearly quit, that was when I first started thinking you SHOULD quit…”

“And after I went through Violent Conduct and all that happened there and accepted Jessie’s challenge… you were worried that I was going to suffer yet another heartbreak at High Stakes and that I was going to fall further down that dark path, weren’t you?”

“That’s exactly right. I thought you had accepted the match just so you could use it as an excuse to get over Violent Conduct.”

“...you lost faith in me…”

Adrianna nodded and then looked guilty for admitting this.

“Don’t feel bad, Adri. In all honesty, you had no business having faith in me when there was a point where I had even lost faith in myself… a lot longer than I realized. I’m going to make you a promise, alright? This is one that I am going to keep. What you described with me breaking down, crying, doubting myself, questioning things, carrying around old burdens and all of those things that I’d do over the last decade? I am NEVER, EVER going to do ANY of that again! I am changing for the better, okay? I am going to be the confident, inspirational role model that I was before all over again and I am going to go into every single match with a can-do, nobody will stop me attitude and damn it, we’re going to have FUN again! You did see that cheerleader skit right?”

“...that’s what brought me here.” Adrianna said. Her eyes lit up with joy upon mention of the skit and when she saw my ring gear, she was floored in an excited way. “When I saw you do that skit, I knew that you were making a change for the better. You are making the BEST change you could ever make… bringing the Rebellious Vixen back. You have no idea how much I missed her. Sis, you wore her on your sleeve 24/7. I will never forget those fun times that we had when you would invite me to take part in your promos and we had all this fantastic fun making fun of your enemies or when you’d come on my podcast and we’d just shoot the shit on anything, even non-wrestling stuff. I will never forget those times where you inspired me, going into a huge match with so much on the line, and how you never doubted yourself for a second.

I was always rooting for you every time you came up against an opponent or a long-term enemy that did everything that they could to tear you down and to shatter your spirit and every single time you had your chance to shut that doubter down and prove them wrong, you made a believer out of them. When I saw that cheerleader skit, it was like I had seen my sister for the first time in more than 10 years. That’s the sister that I admired. That’s the Miranda that I loved so much! You don’t know how much it means to me… and you don’t know how much it’s going to mean to your fans… to bring her back. That skit showed me that you found who you really are again…”

I felt nothing but warmth and happiness in my heart hearing this from someone that I care so much about.

“I missed you so much!”

Adrianna gave me a huge embrace that caught me off guard, but I was quick to return it back.

“No more fears, no more tears…” I said to her.

“Thank god! Not that there's anything wrong with being sad with losing a big match, but holy hell you really took your self-psychological beatdowns to an extreme they had no need to go…”

“Not anymore…” I said with a sigh. “I’m so sorry that I put you through that when I was having my meltdowns. I had no idea.”

“It’s okay! I forgive you! You’re my sister and I love you and I would never abandon you for good! Again, I’m so sorry that I treated you that way.”

“I forgive you too! It hurt like hell when you did that, but I understand… and I know in my heart things are about to get better…”

“My GOD, those dinner delivery people were INCOMPETENT” Jazmyn says with frustration as she enters the room again. She pauses for a brief moment when she sees Adrianna and I standing next to each other.

“Adrianna! Hey! I’m so shocked to see you here.”

“I heard that a certain ‘Rebellious Vixen’ was coming back… and there was no way in hell I was going to miss that! Plus, Myra and I… we’re good again!”

“WONDERFUL!” Jazmyn said with an excited screech in her voice. “It’s a good thing that dinner serves up to four people! Less leftovers for tomorrow. You can join us if you’d like!”

“I’d love to!”

Jazmyn and Adrianna have a laugh and a brief conversation among themselves as I take myself out of the moment and bask in the sheer joy that I am feeling right now. I’m picturing a fantasy scenario in my mind that I know someday will be a reality and that is me celebrating in the ring with the SCW Bombshells World Championship. In this fantasy moment, I am soaking in the cheers of the audience, the loudest they have ever been for me at any point in my career, I am clutching the world championship with my life, I am feeling the happiest of joys that I’ve ever experienced in my life with the realization that I had achieved my destiny at last. That dream moment of mine is truly something that is giving me goosebumps.

“Someday…” I thought to myself with a smile on my face. “...now that the Rebellious Vixen and I are whole again, there’s no doubt it’s going to happen now.”

“MYRA!” Adrianna shouted to catch my attention. “Were you in dreamland or something?”

“Sorry! What did you need?”

“I was saying while you were spaced out that I needed you to do one favor for me…”

“Yeah? What’s that?”

“Shut Jessie the fuck up on Sunday! How dare she talk about you the way she did following your Roxi match. GOD that pissed me off!”

“Don’t worry sis… I haven’t forgotten what she said. I promise you, shutting her up is exactly what I am going to do! She couldn’t handle me at my supposed ‘worse’, we all know that. How the hell is she going to handle me at my best? I don’t hate Jessie. I don’t even dislike her. But what I am not going to tolerate is her disrespect. I’m going to make her PAY for what she said to me… and she’s going to know that she fucked with the wrong bitch! Is this match going to be pretty? No. Am I going to get hurt? Sure. Is this a match that favors her on the surface? Most likely. But this is a match right up my alley: the odds not in my favor and someone that disrespected me from the start of this whole thing. Both of you ladies know what I do in a situation like that and that is SHUT THAT BITCH UP, prove her WRONG and show the damn world how to stand up to someone like that and further chase the ultimate dream on top of it. It may have been a decade since I’ve last done it… but I am confident enough to do everything I just described!”

“Welcome back, Myra!” Jazmyn said with a smile.

“I won’t let you two, or anyone that is behind me down…” I said with the utmost confidence in myself. “...you’re all counting on me to do what I love and to do what I do best. Starting with Jessie? That’s exactly what I will do!”

“Can we have dinner already and just have some fun like we used to back in the day?” Adrianna asked with excitement.

“Damn right!” I said without thinking about it.

With that, the three of us walked out to head to the dining room for our fun dinner. It was certainly a blast having a reunion dinner of sorts with Jazmyn and Adrianna. The entire time? I felt no burden nor worries regarding High Stakes:: just joy and love being the best version of me for the first time in a decade.

Now it was time for the matter at hand…

November 5th, 2021

I was standing in a production setting that was quite unfamiliar with the audience. I was surrounded by barbed wire that was held up by eight foot high saguaro cacti, thus creating a makeshift wrestling ring without a mat. The only light that was in the area was from some nearby torches that were surrounding my makeshift environment. It’s an environment that is certainly familiar to me as it was one that I had to survive once upon a time, many years ago. It was only fitting that in this “rebirth” of the best version of me, I spoke my thoughts about what was to come at High Stakes…

“I already know SOME of the thoughts regarding this Chamber of Xtreme match against Jessie. I know many of you thought it was a stupid move for me to accept this match. I know that I have my doubters and critics that think that I am committing suicide and that I don’t stand a chance to win this match because Jessie Salco has never lost in this match before. I am aware that there are even the HARSHEST of critics out there that think that this is the match that is going to spell doom for me because this was the same match that all but ended Evie Jordan’s SCW career for the time being. You are welcome to doubt me. You are welcome to talk about how the odds are against me. Because let me tell you something Jessie, my best performances in that fucking ring are when the odds are stacked against me. Believe me, I am about to dive into ‘being at my best’ soon enough, but let me tell you something, Jessie. I BELIEVE that I WILL beat you in Chamber of Xtreme and that I am going to SHATTER your unbeaten streak inside the chamber. I carry that conviction inside of me because when I am at my BEST, my SOUL knows JUST how capable I am of accomplishing ANYTHING that I set my mind to. You’re not getting pity party Myra, Jessie. You are not getting the version of me that this Bombshells locker room had been seeing from day one that I competed in my first match here against Bella Madison. This isn’t ‘beat herself up slash insecurity’, this isn’t ‘depressed and distant’ Myra. No. FUCK that and FUCK being like thsat anymore. Why can’t I beat you in this match? Because it’s ‘YOUR MATCH’?

HELL with that. Maybe if you were facing the Myra from before, you’d destroy me. But no… what you are getting on the biggest stage of the year is the rebirth of the Rebellious Vixen… and this isn’t just some one off, special occasion. This is FOR GOOD! You are getting someone that stared odds like this in the face and laughed at them. What you are getting is a woman that knows how fucking good she is in that ring, night in, night out and knows EXACTLY what she has to do to overcome and silence someone like you. Maybe I don’t have a hardcore wrestling history like you do, but I know I am capable. My big breakthrough moment? Ladder match! My first mainstream championship, the WXWF Women’s Championship? Ladder match. The NSWA Women’s Championship? Junkyard match. The first time that I won the PRW World Championship? Hell in a Cell! And then… you got this that surrounds me Jessie… what you see is cacti holding up barbwire, but what if I told you that this was a match I actually competed in? Oh it’s true! More than a decade ago, I faced my sworn enemy at the time in his “special match” called a Desert Deathmatch. It was one of the most BRUTAL matches I ever competed in. Until Violent Conduct, I had never bled so much in a match. Seriously, it was so brutal that the only way to win was to lock your opponent in a casket full of live scorpions. They said I had no business winning that match because it wasn’t ‘my match’... every single wrestling pundit out there… just like there are so many people saying that I have no business beating you inside of Chamber of Xtreme.

Yet, that’s exactly what I did. I overcame the odds and the doubters and I SILENCED my rival… just like how I am going to overcome the odds and shut YOU the fuck up!

Jessie, I don’t hate you. Let me get that out of the way. But this match IS personal for me. I was in the ring, having a moment to myself after I beat Bea Barnhart and you came out, interrupted me, said I was having a pity party and challenged me to a Chamber of Xtreme match. Believe me, I was PISSED when you did that because you did so without any rhyme or any reason at all. All I know was, you were annoyed by me having a ‘pity party’ when it was nothing but that. Declaring your intentions to still chase the world title is a pity party, Jessie? No, fuck that. That’s AMBITION… which is something YOU have never had consistently. You sit there at that damn commentary table and you want to judge ME? Trust me, I have WAY more to say about that but YOU want to cast doubt and criticize me? Really? Did my AMBITION make you jealous, Jessie? What is so wrong to continue to have that ambition even after multiple failed attempts at Amber Ryan? Heck, aren’t YOU the one that had gone out and said that she had given up on chasing the world title? Seriously, who is REALLY having the pity party here. But let’s talk more about ambition.

Where was that during my entire Internet Championship reign? You had 350 days to make that same challenge to me that you did that night.

You didn’t.

But now, while I’m having a “pity party” supposedly, you come out and make that challenge? You know what that looks like to me? What it looks like to me is that you didn’t want anything to do with me while I was at my supposed best during that entire Internet Championship reign and then suddenly out of the blue, there you are, suddenly hoping to vulture off of Amber Ryan’s scraps. Who are YOU to disrespect me by interrupting me like that and by trying to pull some TMZ nonsense by accusing me of something that was far from the truth? Hell, who the fuck are you to run up the score on me after I lost to Roxi a while back and tell ME to be better? Who are YOU to talk about better when you went into your match with Dani Weston recently, treating her like a damn warm up more than anything, and you lost to her. Jessie Salco, the longest tenured Bombshell that has not won a world championship, talking down to the longest reigning champion in Bombshells history. No seriously, who do you think you are? Who do you think YOU are to judge me for a loss to Roxi when on a perennial basis, you’ve lost to wrestlers WORSE… MUCH worse than her. I’m not going to make any excuses for that match. I caught Roxi at a time where her momentum was booming while mine hasn’t been so hot, but you want to make a bigger deal out of ONE night that didn’t go my way?

Oh right… I forget… aside from that and my Amber matches, there’s not much for you to pick at, is there?

When you did what you did after I lost that match, THAT is when it became personal for me. I was already on the track of bringing back the Rebellious Vixen that is talking to you right now and that you’re going to meet at High Stakes, but you made a FATAL error when you ran up the score on me: you expedited the return of the best version of me… and it’s that fatal error that is going to cost you your Chamber of Xtreme streak. But you know what?? I also realized something in recent weeks, Jessie. I’ve done my research on you. I do know that when you first arrived in SCW, you were a happy go lucky girl. You were sweet and innocent. You had all the joy and all of the heart in the world. However, somewhere along the way, you became a vengeful, bitter person that has LONG forgotten how to have any sort of fun in this business. Your definition of fun is dragging other people to hell with you. Fun for you is making the lives of other people MISERABLE just because you look in the mirror and you are disgusted with yourself., You see someone that you can’t stand because she’s never been a world champion. That whole ‘I’m not chasing the World Bombshells Championship anymore’ spiel that you said a while back is all a front, isn’t it? You look in that mirror Jessie, and you see someone that has to envy the success of others just because you WISH you had that same success that they did and that is EXACTLY why you came out and challenged me to this match, isn’t it?

You want to do the same fucking thing to me that you had done with Evie Jordan last year and with all due respect to Evie, I am NOT her. Hell, you and Evie are sort of kindred spirits in a way aren’t you? You’re both quite the characters. You both sure as hell love to make other people miserable and you sure as hell like to say whatever comes to mind in order to get to somebody’s head. Except… the biggest difference there is that Evie has BEEN successful in the main event and you haven’t. I’m not Evie. I may not have accomplished what she has in SCW, but I’m not the sad miserable woman anymore, not like you: without question the most miserable Bombshell in the entire locker room. You see me and my 350 day Internet Championship reign and it KILLS YOU on the inside that my one reign is longer than ALL of your reigns COMBINED by more than 100 days. You were too chicken to say it, but I know that it is true and I say that from EXPERIENCE because during my GCW years, all I ever WAS… was MISERABLE and JEALOUS just because other wrestlers had what I wanted and I would do ANYTHING that I would to torture them and bring them to hell with me. Here’s the crazy thing. Prior to fully committing to being the Rebellious Vixen again, after that loss to Roxi and after the way you ran up the score on me…

I looked in the mirror…

And you know what I saw, Jessie?

I saw YOU!

I saw what I was on track to becoming had I not changed my ways for the better. I saw, that with my constant internal insecurities that I never let go of, with the burdens of the past that I was carrying on my shoulders, with the HORRIBLE habit that I had of beating myself up, crying my eyes out after any fucking setback that happened to me, had I CONTINUED to be on that path… ESPECIALLY after my two losses to Amber… YOU are exactly what  would have turned into. I would have eventually turned into the same miserable, bitter, jealous, self-loathing BITCH that you have become over the years and with all due respect Jessie, YOU are the LAST person that I EVER want to turn into. Seeing YOU in the mirror is what scared me straight and snapped me out of ever being that way again. I realized in that moment that just like you, I was defining myself by the championships that I had won… or had yet to win at all. I was defining my self-esteem, my self-worth, my dignity, by my losses to Amber above ALL else, INCLUDING my Internet Championship reign. High Stakes for me is like beating the weaker half of myself, in some fucked up way.

High Stakes, for me, is like an exorcism because it’s like a final ritual to purge whatever is left of the insecure part of myself that had torn me up for more than a decade. I am committed to NOT being you, Jessie. I can’t afford to go down the same path you’ve gone. I used to take out my insecurities on other people out of jealousy and self-loathing and there’s no way in hell I am EVER going down that rabbit hole again! So you want to tell ME to “be better”? Look in the FUCKING MIRROR, Jessie! Ever since you gave way to being this miserable person that you are, what have YOU done to “be better”? Hold the Roulette Championship for three weeks? Be so obscure that you were struggling to even be on supershow cards for a while? Challenge Amber multiple times and fail? Stay stuck in place doing the same old thing, not evolving any aspect of yourself whatsoever and just sitting by, being stagnant, watching as bombshells such as Krystal Wolfe, Andrea Hernandez, Amber Ryan and myself pass you by? Whose fault is that Jessie?

It’s not mine.

It’s YOURS!

It’s LONG past time to be held accountable for your bullshit, Jessie. It’s time for SOMEONE to teach you to take responsibility for your shit instead of taking it out on other people. I don’t have TIME for your petty nonsense! I’m going to snap your Chamber streak on the biggest show of the year not just because I am going to be at my absolute BEST having discovered every piece of the puzzle that makes up Miranda Lynette Rivers the woman and the wrestler all over again, but on top of that, you are going to be weighed down by any hate or any sort of contempt you have for me. Torture me all you want, Jessie. Do your worst. I DARE YOU! Because inside of my beating heart, I KNOW that I WILL endure and survive whatever torture you have in mind for me. You don’t have the passion flowing within you like I do to win at High Stakes. I’m walking into this thing KNOWING who I am with all the love in my heart for ME and what I am capable of and with all the love in my heart for this business to give SO many underprivileged people the inspiration to overcome the odds and to realize their dreams no matter what just like I did.

No… you are walking into this thing carrying nothing but HATE in your heart… mainly HATE for yourself. You’ve already weighed yourself down and been defeated before you even walked into that chamber… and considering I did that both times I faced Amber? I know ALL about that. Oh wait… one last thing I want to show you…

I pause and step aside, revealing a casket that I was hiding from camera view the whole time. Scorpions scurry out of the casket revealing a plastic skeleton and an inscription carved on the inside that says “JESSIE’S CHAMBER STREAK - R.I.P. HIGH STAKES”

“I haven’t even BEGUN to have fun yet, Jessie. But at High Stakes? It will be PHENOMENAL FUN shutting you up, proving you wrong and showing this company EXACTLY what the Rebellious Vixen is all about!

Sin City Wrestling… you haven’t even seen me at my best yet. What I’m about to do at High Stakes is going to be an amazing, thrillride of a sample size of what the future holds.

Sorry Jessie… I don’t hate you… but I HAVE TO… and I WILL… make you regret taking it to a personal level. Hopefully after High Stakes you can… oh I don’t know?

BE BETTER?!?!?!?”

I have a nice chuckle to myself and wink at the camera before I walk over to it and shut it off. Standing in the middle of my environment now and remembering the deathmatch that I won 11 years ago against all odds, I was feeling amazing knowing that I was about to do it all over again at High Stakes when Jessie’s chamber streak ends.