Author Topic: Thriller In Wolfslair  (Read 953 times)

Offline Alex Jones

• View Profile
    • Alex Jones
Thriller In Wolfslair
« on: October 22, 2021, 09:30:57 PM »
Thriller at Wolfslair

It’s close to midnight, and something evil is lurking in the dark. Not really, in fact, it’s not midnight. Or is it? Alex Jones felt something was wrong. It wasn’t a regular day or regular night. Alex couldn’t even remember how we got to the gym, he didn’t remember waking up, he didn’t remember seeing his wife or his children. All he could remember as he strained and struggled in his own mind was waking up sitting at his desk in the office of the gym.

He had got to his feet and moved out onto the main floor. No one was there, the gym was completely empty, silent, abandoned. Things were put back in all of the correct places and the gym was clean, it was as if it was early in the morning before the gym was ready to open. It looked dark outside, he turned to look at one of the clocks yet for some reason he couldn’t read it.

The numbers were jumbled, Alex shook his head and growled under his breath ”Someone is playing a rib on me.” he moved from the main room back into the office, looking above the door at the clock that is normally there. The same thing, the clock was jumbled. Alex threw his hands in the air, he was frustrated and angry. They were really pulling out all the stops here for this rib. He pulled out his phone looking down at it it was turned off, that was strange, his phone was never off. He tried to switch it on but there was nothing.

Was his phone dead? How long has he been asleep? Why had he been asleep? Nothing seems to make sense, nothing seemed right. He took a deep breath trying to clear his mind. A thunder strike startled him. Alex jumping a little while he was in the office. He looked around mainly to make sure no one was around to see him jump. He sighed and grabbed his car keys, he was going to go home. He moved from the office, moving around the flat floor.

BANG

He spun around, the sound echoing through the gym. Then, there was silence. An uncomfortable silence. One that would send a chill up your spine. All he could hear was his own breathing, his own heartbeat. His own footsteps.

”Alex!” He turned, Johanna Krieger ran towards him, looking from side to side, Alex exhaled, happy to see a friendly face. Or as friendly as she could be. She stopped in front of him, out of breath. ”Where is everybody?”

”I don’t know” Alex answer bluntly, it was the truth he had no idea where anyone was., He didn’t know what the time was, he didn’t know what had happened before. Jo swallowed hard, looking confused herself. ”What is the last thing you remember?”

She bit her bottom lip and gave a small shrug of her shoulders. ”I woke up in the weight room…I must have fallen asleep in the bench.” it was a very matter of fact answer. But Alice could tell that it was weighing heavily on her mind. She would never fall asleep or white bench, just like Alex would never fall asleep at his desk. ”The clock…it was strange, jumbled up….like that one.” they both turned as she pointed up at the large clock on the wall. The first one that Alex looked at.

”Alright. We need to get out of here…” he motioned her towards the door. Both of them moving with haste, he reached out grabbing the handle and pushing forward, the door was locked. Alex growled in frustration pulling his keys from his pocket looking frantically for the door key. He shook his head and looked at Jo. ”Its not here.” they looked at each other, turning back at the office Alex took a step before hearing a groaning sound coming from the rolled-up mats in the corner.

”The fuck is that?” There was a second groan, followed by a thunder crash. The two made their way over towards the sound. Alex moving around in front of Jo. Move he wasn’t sure he needed to make, after all she was more than capable of handling herself. They moved around to where the rolled-up mats laid against the floor, Alex took a step against the closest one peering over before a figure stood straight up, causing Alex to jump back as Jo let out a small squeal.

”Nice to see you too”

”Alicia? Thank fuck.” Alicia Lukas, still in her workout gear stood up behind the rolled up mats, her hair a mess as she stretched and looked around the gym. He’s in confusion over her eyes.

She stepped over the top of them moving towards Alex and Johanna. ”What the hell happened? Did I f-“

Fall ”asleep?” they both answered at the same time. Alicia just gave a slow not as Alex looked at them both, he folded his arms over his chest raising his left hand up to his chin, grabbing it between his thumb and forefinger. ”Same thing happened to us. I woke up in my office, Jo woke up in the weight room.”

”And we don’t remember anything.” Jo interjected, not so much sounding frustrated as angry this time.

Alicia just shook her head raising her hand up to her hair running her hands through it and tying it back. She looked up at the wall confused tilting her head. ”Whats with the clock?” Alex shook his head and gave a shrug. ”This, this doesn’t make any sense? How could we all have fallen asleep here and not only not realised it but...not remember how?” It was strange. It was unsettling. All three of them felt it as there was another thundering crash. Alex looked towards the door then back at Joe and Alicia.

”Ok, we need to find the key to the door, or find the padlock key for the roller door, I don’t have either on my keys..” They moved towards the door, Alex reached out, but that door too was now locked. Alex pushed it hard, turning the knob as it refused to move. ”I didn’t….I didn’t lock this.” Jo and Alicia looked at each other. Alex looked through his keys for the office one, again it was missing. ”No...wait...I saw this on here, what the fuck is going on?”

Alicia screamed. Alex spun around, Jo stepped back. In front of them were all the other members of Wolfslair, but, there was something wrong with them. They all had pale skin, sunken eyes, matted hair. Aiden Reynolds, Millie Reynolds, Dickie Watson, Finn Whelan, Miles Kasey, Lachlan Kane, Sonja Jones, Charlie Jones, Sierra Williams, Kallie Reznik and at the front was Austin James Mercer. They shuffled towards the three. Jo shook her head, Alex swallowed hard. ”What’s wrong with them?...Alex?”

”I don’t know….AUSTIN...AUSTIN WHAT THE HELL?” The pack continued to move toward them, surrounding them. They got close as the three remaining members backed up against the office wall. Then suddenly. The pack stopped. The thunder crashed, a wolf howled. And the unmistakable bass lines of Michael Jacksons Thriller hit. Austin stood at the front, flanked by all the other members of Wolfslair. They started to dance back and forth. Alex blinked a few times when suddenly.

BEEP BEEP BEEP

An alarm? Alexs’ eyes opened, the sun hit him as it had just started to rise, shooting in through the far window. ”....I really need to lay off the shellfish…..”

A lengendary team up

”well, that sucked. I’m not going to sit here and lie about this. Mac Bane beat the shit out of me. Twice.”

Alex felt his arms over his chest, wearing a black shirt supporting the M7 logo from mass affect. Torn black jeans and black converse. His hair down as he shakes his head and gives a wry smile to the camera

”I said it before. And I will say it again, I didn’t so much Pete Mac as I survived him. He and I went to war and I was able to come out the winner, but that doesn’t mean that I don’t have permanent scars after that. In the end I am still the same city wrestling world champion. And both times people wrote me off, both times they just thought Mac was going to steamroll over me. They thought I was going to be a victim in his long running championship aspirations in our first match, and in our second, The rematch, everyone believed that the championship was going to be handed right back to him and my second run with this title was going to end just as fast as the first did.”

“I proved them all wrong.”

“But, how long can I do that? How long can I move past every single expectation and barricade that they put in front of me. Every single roadblock and every single person in this business that believes I cannot keep this title? The thing is, now I am scheduled to defend this championship at the biggest show of the year against the guy who ended my first run. The redemption story never changes does it? However before that we have ourselves a fun little tag match.”

Alex chuckles to himself and shakes his head.

”Champions versus challengers. With the other challlenger for the bombshells title as the special guest referee. The truth is I couldn’t ask for a better Tag Team partner. Amber Ryan has been the most dominating woman in that division since she stepped foot in this company. And I say that full well with Alicia Lukas in my gym and group. But Amber has gone about destroying everyone that she’s been in the ring with. She even beat Alicia. She beat Alicia one-on-one in a title match which is very hard to do.”

“However, this does come with a small problem. You say Amber Ryan also happens to be the significant other of the man that I took the world championship from. And even though I know Amber is a professional and she, like Me hates losing I also can’t discount emotion. I know that Amber loves Mac, I know that they really wanted to keep going with this narrative of the golden couple. One of them dominating the bombshells division and the other one dominating the men’s division. It’s what they wanted, it’s what they needed, and I get it I really do.”

“Wolfslair once held The bombshells and world championships at the same time. Domination in a relationship or a team feels good.”

“I stopped that. I just hope that Amber realises it was just a business. And I also hope she realises that in this match her half will be taking care of and my half will be taken care of. I will do everything that I can do in this ring to make sure that we win as a team. Just like I know she well. And I will enjoy watching her go one on one with crystal before having to face her and Roxi..”

He smiles warmly and gives a small nod.

”Now, It’s no secret that Crystal and I know each other quite well. I’ve known her for over 10 years. She and I are friends. I spent time with her outside the ring I know her family, that’s just how it is. But as her friend I also know her fault and one of the fault is her arrogance. Crystal believe she is one of the best in the world and while she does have a great record she also has a failure is that bring her down to a level that I don’t believe she ever truly excepted. As good as Crystal is a lot of her wins have been due to pure luck and happenstance.”

“ and right now Crystal you have to realise that you are getting in that bring with someone who can destroy you. Amber Ryan is better than you, that’s just facts that isn’t me trying to be horrible that isn’t me trying to be a horrible human being that’s me being your friend and telling you the truth. Sometimes people just don’t do that and they save people‘s feelings. But it’s okay Crystal because I know you will still put 100% into this match. Just like your partner will.”

Alex bolts his arms back over his chest game with a small shake his head and a laugh under his breath.

”Jack. Congratulations on becoming the number one contender. Congratulations on stepping your ticket and getting ready to go to high-stakes to face me one on one for the championship. Again. I’m looking forward to this match Jack, I really am looking forward to it. Before we get there we have to go through this tag match. We have to get in the ring and feel each other out. We get to have a preview. We both have good partners, we both have a lot of expectation on our shoulders and we both have an idea of redemption.”

“Redemption.”

“You and I have done this dance before. But the last time I didn’t fully appreciate the talent you had. All the drive. All the intelligence. That was my biggest mistake with you. See anyone can look at you and see that you work hard, you keep yourself in great shape you’re clearly dedicated to this. I get it. But I underestimated what was between your ears. You got into my head, you pissed me off, you took me off my game, and you beat me. You beat me that’s it no excuses you were better than me.”

“But, before high stakes, we get this. Champions versus challengers. I’m looking forward to it Jackie.