Author Topic: Grumpy  (Read 579 times)

Offline Goth

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Gerrit
Grumpy
« on: September 24, 2021, 10:25:14 PM »
“Dad, do we really have to visit this?? This is for babies and five year olds… I’m way too old for this”

Says Goth’s son as he and Goth and Goth’s girlfriend are enjoying Magic Kingdom

“I thought you liked this part of the park son??”

Says Goth with a smile, he knew his son had outgrown some of this. But he had to admit that he always loved to come back to the Magic Kingdom

“Your father is only doing this because he is hoping to get kissed by Snow White”

Says Melissa chuckling, pinching him in the arm that she was holding as they continue to walk around

“I have forgotten that he has already grown into a teenager. I assumed no matter what, he would still enjoy this”

Says a sighing Goth, he had to admit that he had seen this a thousand of times, maybe even more. And yet he always smiled when he came back here, he realized that he would something new every time that they visited this theme park that he had not noticed the other times that he had visited it. It made him feel like a child once more, something that sometimes had ended up with him wanting to share a picture with one of the many Disney characters.

“What’s so funny hun??”

Melissa asks with a curious look on her face, knowing that he probably had a funny memory and she wasn’t sure that she would like it.

“I just remembered that one time that Gerrit was so shy to share a picture with the lady that played Snow White.”

This caused a smile to emerge on the face of his girlfriend Melissa.

“She really must have been a looker for him to get shy let alone keep his mouth shut”

The two laugh as they wander the theme park for a bit longer. Goth and Melissa hold each other by the arm as he sometimes takes time free for taking pictures with fans or signing autographs. He had to smile when he noticed some men have swarmed Melissa as they were drawn in by her good looks. He chuckled as he bought two bottles of water and walked over to his girlfriend and the un expected men surrounding her. She was used to have a lot of attention from men, but she wished that they would go away quickly as the flirting became annoying. But luckily for her, Goth never let that happen often as he stood next to her and handed the bottle before turning his gaze back towards the men that quickly wondered off in hopes of meeting another beautiful woman.

“Thanks hun”

She says after taking the bottle of water out of his hands, making him understand that it wasn’t for the bottle of water. But he only nodded his head as he watched the final men vanishing from his sight. He was always protective towards those he loves, it all started with his then wife, who had taught him to appreciate the things in life instead of staring too blindly on the luxuries that fame and fortune brought along with his popularity. He was so thankful for her, realizing that she had made him a better person than he had ever hoped for.

“Daaaaaaaaad, this is boring!! I want to get on a ride!!!”

He chuckles as he heard the annoyance coming from his son.

“Soon son, but first I had arranged for a surprise for you”

Gerrit Jr turns around, looking at his father suspiciously.

“I don’t know whether I would like a surprise from you right now dad”

Goth inwardly is laughing to the reaction of his son, but he cannot blame him. through the years he had learned to be cautious with his father at times if he had dropped his guard for one second.
“You just need to be patient son, it would not be much of a surprise if I had told you what I had planned now would it???”

He laughs as he sees the reaction of his son, sighing as he realizes that resisting is futile and that he had to endure it whatever it was that his father had planned for him

“Who is it this time??? Minnie?? Snow White???”

He chuckles but shakes his head, refusing to tell her as he would know that his son would be listening on them.

“This must be Gerrit Jr right???”

A voice can be heard as all three of them turned to the direction where it came from. Standing there was a beautiful woman dressed in a Snow White outfit as she was smiling at the teenager, who unlike his previous outbursts started to smile from ear to ea as he clearly was happy about this. He nods his head to the lovely lady without saying anything before turning his attention towards his father

“Thanks dad”

He says with a huge smile on his face, this causes his father to wink at him as he watches his son turn his attention back to the lovely Snow White as his son seemingly already had forgotten about his father and girlfriend.

“Told you that this would work”

Says Goth, drawing a smile emerging upon her fade as she reluctantly started to nod her head in agreement.

“So I guess you are right, I assume you had someone suitable for me to take a picture with???”

“Hello”

Melissa had not finished uttering her sentence when another voice can be heard before a loud chuckle follows it up. Both Goth and Melissa turn their attention towards the sound and were staring at a man wearing a Goofy outfit.

“I should have known”

Goth chuckles as she looks at him scowling before turning her attention to the Disney figure. She sighs and walks over towards him and allows Goth to take a picture of her with Goofy as well as his son with Snow White before taking a picture of all four of them.

“I will get you for this”

Says Melissa before walking towards him and wraps her arms around him before giving him a kiss. The two embrace for a few moments before letting go and decide to continue their walk through the park

“You are such a goofball you know that?? If people knew this about you, it would ruin your Goth character forever”

Hell, maybe it would allow me to finally wear wooden shoes and a classic Dutch farmers outfit”

The two laugh out loud as they witness Gerrit Jr. starting to enjoy himself more and more by the passing moments before eventually heading towards the rides that Gerrit wanted to visit all along.

A few hours later both Goth and Melissa were sitting down, eating something while Goth’s son is having fun with entering rides left and right with some security monitoring him.

“What are you thinking about dear??”

Says Melissa as she had noted that he has been quiet for a while as he was staring in the distance before shaking his head as he turns away from his trance

“Wha??”

She rolls her eyes, she knew him well enough that he probably was thinking about Sapphira his deceased wife.

“Did you two enjoy visiting this place??”

This caused a smile to emerge on his face as he nodded his head.

“I’m sure that you will laugh at this, but she was an even bigger fan of the Magic Kingdom theme park than I was”

“Wait, are you telling me that she set you up to have pictures taken with Disney characters??”

She asks with a big grin on her face, waiting for his answer.

“Well…”

“Spill it, you owe me this mister!!!”

Playfully she punches him in the arm as he pretends to have a hurt arm before smiling again.

“I remember one time that she set me up to have a picture taken with every single dwarf”

This causes her to burst out in laughter, it had caused several families to turn their heads towards them wondering what the commotion was all about.

“all of them???”

“Her favourite one was Grumpy”

“Why am I not surprised??”

She responds with tears flowing from her face in happiness, causing Goth to laugh about it as well after seeing her reaction.

“She started to call me grumpy every time that we had an argument with each other ever since that time that we visited the Magic Kingdom.”

A smile emerges upon his face as he thinks back to that very day. It was beautiful weather and at that time he was not as well known as he is today so that allowed them to wander off through the crowds without being recognized. He sometimes wanted to go back to those days”

“Grumpy huh?? Not a bad name for you old yeller”

This causes a scowl to emerge upon the face of Goth as he punches her in the shoulder this time.

“Ow…”

He laughs as he knows that Melissa was only playing

“I will show you some Grumpy and Happy later tonight when we are back in our hotel room”

This causes her to give him a look of telling him “Don’t tell me you just said that” causing him to turn his attention back to a spot in front of them

“Funny enough, this moment happened over there”

He points at an open spot in front of them as Goth thinks back to some happy moments of his life

“So did that start your evil plotting of getting back at anyone that you into this park??”

She asks with a smile upon her face

“Nah, it only made me be prepared for anyyyyyyyyyyyy”

He cannot finish the sentence when suddenly he feels something cold being splashed over him as Melissa seemingly got away at the last second as Goth was greeted by aj splash of cold water as someone eptied a huge bucket of water over him.

“What the??”

Goth turns around angry, prepared to attack whomever that dfid this to him

“Surprise!!”

Says his son, who is standing there behind him with the woman that was in the Snow White outfit as well as seven dwarfs as Grumpy was holding the now empty bucket in his hands.

“Good grief, you sure as hell got me there son”

Says Goth, causing everyone to burst out in laughter as the shot fades

“You know i have always been a fan of Disney”

Says the man that will return to the ring after losing to Braydon Hilton at Summer XXXTreme as he had some things to be taken care off.

“And it’s always great to see new things emerge from their collective minds, but is it always better??”

He swipes some locks of hair out of his face as he is sitting poolside at the Four Seasons Resort at the Walt Disney Resort. Wearing black swimming trunks while drinking a cocktail. He overlooks the area as he enjoys some privacy time

“I would have loved to be amongst you fans and take pictures of the most famous mice in the world. But seeing I value my privacy above all, I have decided to take my girlfriend and son to one of the most luxurious hotels I’ve ever been in and soak in the silence before I enter the ring with a man that I cannot take lightly”

He grabs the cocktail and places the straw to his lips and takes a sip from it. savouring the taste while placing the drink back on the table next to him.

“Mac Bane, I have to admit. He is a man of my liking, doesn’t care whether you like what he is saying and tells you like it is. No nonsense kind of guy, a man that career wise could have been a splitting image to the career that I have had. Multi Hall of Fame inductions and many world titles to prove to the world that he is one tough son of a gun”

“Then again, does that do him justice?? Oh no, I am fully aware that he will shrug his shoulders and tell the world that he don’t care how many accolades he has had in the past, because that does not change the things that we have done recently haven’t we Mac??”

“One loses a match of respect to another champion in a title vs. title match… another loses to a young upstart and may I add well deserved?? Some would say that one wears heavier upon the shoulders of the one than the other… but does that really matter to us Mac?? Because both of us don’t like to lose now do we?? Because the way I see it, we both have not raised ourselves through the ranks of our profession and shrug our shoulders over a loss…. Because no matter how you slice it, our dignity and our pride is always on the line. And to the both of us it is about the fact that we want to prove to the world that we are the very best…. And we haven’t have we??”

He shakes his head to emphasize what he is saying before running his hands through his hair in an attempt to put in a tail. He keeps his hands locked against the back of his head while resting against the chair that he is sitting in.

“It’s funny that we are in Disney World in Orlando, that we are allowed to spend time here before competing in a Climax Control… whereas I have watched Disney movies and cartoons and comic books of my favourite characters growing up from being a child to a grown up man to this very day. And I have seen it expand itself to something larger than life….. and it made me think Mac Bane….”

“It made me think of how Disney used to be and how it has become….. Oh I know that the arguments that they only want to make money from you poor sobs… oh no, because deep down inside since the start of time people have tried to take advantage of those who were simple minded…. No Mac…, you don’t mind me call you that way I hope?? We are two names that I resemble from the old times… The days where movies like Snow White wasn’t made out of Computer Graphics, where every scene was drawn by hand and where people took pride to create magic the old fashioned way… That’s how the fans to this very day still enjoy most isn’t it Mac?? To see the effort that separates us from others…. Or at least that’s what we wish to convince ourselves now isn’t it??”

He smiles, closing his eyes for a moment before slowly dropping his arms and rest it on the chair while digging his fingers into the fabric

“I realize that some of you current day wrestlers see me as someone that is a part timer… a dinosaur that should have stayed in the retirement home and enjoy his time with his family. And to be honest?? I can’t blame the fact that you people feel that way. Because when you witnessed me beat Mark Cross… former world champion Mark Cross… it made you realize that your generic autocues of telling me that I am no longer capable of doing what I used to do PERFECTLY was nothing more than an after thought.”\

“But you are not that way are you Mac?? Oh no, you saw an opportunity when I issued an open challenge to create a wrestling memory that will be talked about generations after our bodies have crumbled to dust…. Because legends live on don’t we???”

“Too bad that my return was not of that epic proportion Mac… of course with all due to respect to Caleb Storms… it wasn’t exactly THAT what it could have been if the then Internet Champion was allowed to grace my return with the oohs and ahhs that it deserved…. Until this very day”

“So why the resemblance of Disnehy??”

He chuckles

“The old tales that I remembered were tales of impossibilities Mac… whether it was an elephant that needed a feather to believe that he could fly, whether it was little Bambi that needed to losing its mother… whether it was the Beauty that could not believe that it would fall in love with the Beast…. It was merely the seemingly impossible made possible. And that Mac… that is where I want to be at once more and I am positive that you are as well.”

“And we both know that only one of us can right Mac?”

There’s a smile appearing on his mouth, causing small cracks to emerge around his eyes due to age and more battles than he could even remember.

“Too bad that both stories are at a crossroad Mac, both of us on a verge to regain some of our momentum that we somehow managed to lose in our last fight. It’s how the new Disney wishes to drawn in the new groups of fans, buying products that seems to be very popular by the masses and exploit it until you extract your final drop of vomit…. Only to have the love reservice once more when the next season emerges to extract even more life out of you”

“You see Mac…, I kinda got the sense of feeling that you are being extracted from being Legends into Canon… That is if I could be apologised from using terminology that one of it’s many acquisitions uses when it comes down to Star Wars… Dividing the core of fans that adored the originals, whereas the new crop of fans are sucked in by tales that comes out of the brain of a mouse and a duck…. And when you are lucky, you even geta dog thrown into it for free.”

“And that’s where our paths differ Mac…”

His smile slowly vanishes as he slowly gets out of the chair, grabs the cocktail and walks over to the swimming ppol. He walks to the least deepest part of the swimming pool and slowly enters the water. Walking towards the middle of the pool before turning to the edge of the pool before being able to place the cocktail down on the edge of the swimming pool.

“Now I know that it will probably raise some eyebrows, wondering why a seemingly senseless comparison is drawn to reference our differences… but I know we both know that this isn’t the case now is it Mac??”

“Just look to the legacy of one of the most revered villains… Grand Admiral Thrawn… part of many books in the legend era, showing ruthless aggression with the mere example of calmness and determination to destroy every last memory of the rebellion… And then the Disney version, the version that they wish to make everything much better… Because this is the part that George Lucas HIMSELF has got no part of controlling its destiny… Because they want you all to think that its THEM that created something that was merely bought and thrown into their laps…. Even without knowing what to do with it…”

“And then there’s me Mac…, legend and impossible to be altered… incapable of revamping everything to suit anyone better… because all of this… ALL OF THIS!!!!”

Goth extends his arms around him, directing the view of the camera to a full 380 degrees angle so that the entire swimming pool is in view before turning back to him.

“This here, no matter how late it’s created or when it was meant to be shown on the big screen of that what is our six sided ring… none of you cannot deny the fact that all of THIS… evolves around me…”

“Even a legend that is you Mac, even a hall of famer like yourself cannot be without me… and there’s no need in denying that fact Mac, or else you wouldn’t have been so keen to jump into the opportunity to be the first to sink its teeth into me…. Too bad that the creative control of your destiny was holding you back until the big anti climax of you winning the world title from Mark Cross. The biggest moment in your Canon version of your career isn’t it??”

“Or is it??”

A pause

“Because if there wasn’t the brilliant mind of one Walt Disney creating a mouse that would stand symbol for the empire that it is today…. I would bet that the sequal trilogy that became a Star Wars disappointment for the old guard would have never happened…. And to make things even more easier so that even a guy like you would understand….That people like you need people like me to even exist…. Even though the story of your run in this company is impressive by itself… It still misses that one career defining moment that would seal the deal isn’t it?? And that’s to beat me”

“We can have all the fandom expectations thrown out of the window of what they could possibly expect from two seemingly clones of each other… But there’s only one Jango Fett where every possible clone was spawn from fill in a void that has been missing from years. Whether you are clone number 00001 or even reincarnation of the Bad Batch… nothing seems to beat the original… not even the one to one clone son Boba can come close to the original…. Me….”

“I have wanted this match since I had posted that tweet on the social media platform. Because after all these years I can to this very day draw media attention merely being a soft whisper of my name in the wind”

“And I can hear you think, even if this is all true…, why am I not in a hotel that is more Disney oriented?? Am I a hypocrite for picking that what is merely created to draw money from those who can afford luxury hotel this??”

Again his arm aims around him, allowing to grace it’s seemingly perfection before we come back to Goth taking a sip from his cocktail while resting intently both of his elbows on the edge of the pool.

“Because like I have said before, if it wasn’t for me… none of you would have even been here. Hell you can throw in the legendary J2H, because before he went on his out of his mind run in this company because I had the honour to come face to face with him in his career and understood that he was greatness personified…. The problem for you is Mac…. Even how great your victory was over Mark Cross…, his demise already started to show cracks because of yours truly… a career defining turn of events that causes him to face reality that his career didn’t meant Jack shit until he had faced me… And I know that your finger prints were all over a moment of five seconds gloating over something that made you look rather stupid….. Due to the fact that you had sped up the inevitable, you also made your eventual title victory meaningless because you assumed you were on the same level as yours truly”

“Don’t flatter yourself with imaginary pats on the back and telling yourself that you did a good job well done. You only tainted your entire existence here not only as World Champion, but every other championship gold that you have ever worn…. All because of me Mac…. I had hoped that nobody would have done the same mistake that Mark Cross made when he took me lightly… you have seen where it has downgraded his career to just a mere special guest appearance against a meaningless Italian fly on the wall that waits for you to drop your ice cream on the ground before diving your antenna’s into the greatness that is only four letters long”

“But don’t worry Mac, once I have beaten you… I will show the class that marks the original over the in many aspects seemingly superior opponent that I look forward to confront in that six sided ring. Because none of it even matters Mac”

“I can do a book report on every accomplishment that I have endured in Global Wrestling Alliance, other companies to the one that I have ran myself for over 9 freaking years… only to come back here and realize that I am still alive and well. That the work ethic is still there and even if the tarnish on my return tour holds a loss to my win column… I still have so much more to lose than you can possibly gain by attempting that what I see unlikely to succeed in doing so.. namely beating me”

“Do you believe that I am wrong Mac?? Do you still rely upon the same thoughts that has suited you oh so well for all these years?? Most likely you do and that’s okay, but realize this Mac.. I may not be an OG that was here since day one.. but I was meant to be here since day one… And you can look both Gabriel and Despayre in their eyes and you can tell that it was ME that placed a stamp of approval on their careers in such an impactful fashion that all that has happened prior meant absolutely nothing. But I know, even though I love to talk of the past and what I have achieved so far… but that’s not where the true essence is at this coming Climax Control now is it Mac?? Because it’s about what you and me will do to each other inside that ring. And I sense you aren’t ready, even with all the words of respect that we have shared over social media… And I am sure that afterwards we can go back and share pleasantries… this coming Climax Controll. All you have to remember that is after I am done with you… you will be mine…. And there’s nothing you can do about it and you know why?? Because I am the original that always gets what it wants…. Because nothing beats the original and not even you can change that my friend… so good luck…you will need it”
>

<span style="color:limegreen">First Ever Triple Crown and Grand Slam Winner and 2nd ever Grand Slam Winner</span>