Author Topic: “Back from the Dead!”  (Read 641 times)

Offline Jessie Salco

• SCW's Heavy Metal Bombshell
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Jessie Salco
“Back from the Dead!”
« on: September 24, 2021, 09:50:10 PM »
Much to her annoyance, Jessie was left off the Violent Conduct VII card after failing to dethrone Amber Ryan for the World Bombshell Championship but she did make an appearance, vowing to not let history repeat itself at High Stakes XI, but that was a few weeks away and before she could get that far, SCW had returned to her home state of Florida for the first time since she wrestled in her home city of Miami in 2020, not only that but Jessie was in action and she was taking on someone who was a good friend of hers, fellow Floridian Bombshell Keira Fisher Johnson! The two Miami natives had grown close after Keira accompanied Jessie to the hospital following an attack by Sin after last year’s Violent Conduct but can Jessie win?

Wandering around Disneyworld, Orlando, Florida
Friday the 24th of September 2021, 18:00pm

Only SCW would book a Disneyworld show for the tail end of September! And in the middle of a pandemic no less!

Still, it’s not like the park has been stupid in regard to the Coronavirus rules, masks are required for if/when we go indoors and, well, we’re outdoors so we’re not wearing them right now and they are basically going contactless in terms of food and drink, saying that we’ve mostly been eating at the hotel since we arrived in Disneyworld, so we haven’t been making much use of that either!

So, what are we doing instead? Reminiscing about the last time SCW visited Disneyworld!

“Three years since SCW last visited Disneyworld.” Jake commented as we sat down on a bench and I rolled my eyes, 2018 was the worst year of my professional wrestling career and the reasons why have been well documented. “And three years since you shot your professional wrestling career in the foot Jess……..”

“NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! NO! FUCK NO!” I interrupted my brother whilst ignoring the dirty looks I was getting. “Mark and Christian tried to sabotage my career because I was the only one willing to speak out on the actions of a certain Syrian Bombshell! But because I said some Un-PG things they completely ignored that and focussed on my comments instead!” I added before shaking my head. “Never mind the fact that I’m one of the longest tenured Bombshells on the roster, if not the longest tenured and yes I’m still bitter about that and plenty of other stuff!”

“Well, look on the Brightside! You were the first wrestler in history to attack another whilst wearing a Minnie Mouse Costume.” Shane pointed out and I shook my head in response. “And got a park worker fired and kicked off a feud you ultimately lost!”

“Yeah well, someone was bound to come up with that idea and I jumped at the opportunity, besides that, it was really fucking hot in that suit!” I added as I ran a hand through my hair. “Doing it in July didn’t help but I’m still surprised that I was able to hit the Bad Girl as well as I was!”

“Yeah well, it’s like we’ve said with Keira.” Shane added as I turned to him. “Most of it was brought on by yourself!”

“Yeah, fucking excuse me for wanting a little fucking recognition for working my ass off in SCW for the majority of my wrestling career!” I grunted in annoyance before noticing the dirty looks we were continuing to get. “Let’s just move on before we get an official complaint from the soccer moms.”

“Yeah, let’s!” Jake nodded in agreement before we got up and moved on.

Sitting down to get something to eat, Disneyworld, Florida
Friday the 24th of September 2021, 18:30pm

After half an hour of wondering around the park we came to a stop when we realized that we were hungry, and it was a long walk back to the hotel, so we stopped for something to eat.

“Well Jess, I just thought of another bad memory of yours that’s related to SCW.” Jake stated once we had sat down and removed our masks. “And this one is more related to the time of year, and your opponent this week.”

“Don’t tell me, the Sin attack?” I grunted in annoyance and the boys nodded in response. “I’m still not a hundred percent clear on what happened during the post Violent Conduct VI Climax Control, I remember being annoyed the Maki was getting a chance to bounce back from the loss in the Chamber of Extreme match and being approached by Sin who I thought was Keira but with dyed hair and shit.” I added before resting my hands behind my head.

“This just seems to be a day of bad memories, doesn’t it?” Shane asked and I nodded in agreement before taking a moment to fix my hair. “But between the location and your opponent, it was kinda inevitable considering what happened this time last year.”

“Yep, and that led to me mending a bridge between me and Keira that had previously been burnt to the ground.” I added before a waitress came over to take our orders and we gave it to her before she went off.” “Yet here I am, over a year later facing Keira in singles action, funny how time flies, especially in relation to what happened after that attack.” I added and the boys nodded in agreement.

“And let’s not get into what happened after that attack.” Jake commented and I shook my head in response. “Or not.”

“What do you think? I’m still pissed that Johanna got an instant rematch for the Roulette Title whilst I apparently still have to earn shit! The bosses can be so full of shit that their eyes may as well be brown!” I added with a grunt before the waitress returned with our drinks. “I swear, the only reason Christian wasted no time in signing that rematch was because I’m not afraid to call bullshit when I see it, and don’t even get me started on them trying to frame Keira’s title situation as an attempt by me to get a World Bombshell Title Shot.”

“You mean it wasn’t?” Jake asked and I glared at him. “Okay, okay, shutting up now.”

“I rekindled that friendship with Keira because she was the only one to visit me in the hospital after the Sin attack, I didn’t even find out about her title opportunity until the week after!” I defended myself before letting out an annoyed huff. “But Mark had to vie for Time’s “Most Cynical Man of the Year” Award because wrestlers can’t be friends without having some ulterior motive in his mind, I’d be surprised if he has any friends outside of SCW!”

“Let’s just order our food before you give Mark and Christian more reasons to slap you with a title shot ban!” Jake quickly asserted before we looked at the food items.

Somewhere in Disneyworld, Orlando Florida
Friday the 24th of September 2021, 21:00pm

*promo time*

We were on our way back to the hotel by this point, but I had decided to get my promo done for a couple of reasons, one, I had no idea when we’d get back and two, it was already getting late and most of the guests were back at their hotel rooms.

“Climax Control 281, October 11th, 2020, Las Vegas Nevada, aside from it being the post Violent Conduct VI Climax Control that show didn’t seem that special on paper if you think about it! No one at the time knew what was going to happen come High Stakes X but in practice it served as a turning point for my late SCW career, why? Well for starters, I was attacked by Sin following Maki’s win over Sierra Williams but more importantly? That event rekindled a friendship that many thought that was beyond repair.”

You know the one.

“If it wasn’t obvious, I’m talking about the friendship between me and Keira Fisher which was almost ruined by some poorly chosen words on my part! Keira, I’m not in the business of reopening old wounds, other Bombshells on the roster do that enough when they bring up my win/loss record or my attempts to achieve my dream of becoming World Bombshell Championship, but we both know the real business I’m in and this week, almost a year removed from our friendship being brought back from the dead, we’re facing off in singles competition this week on Climax Control.”

This will be good.

“The last time we faced off one on one, things weren’t that great between us, we both know that for a fact, but things were significantly better between us when we faced off in the battle of Team Hero vs. The Metal and Punk Connection at Climax Control 300 AKA the match where the Metal and Punk Connection was retired for good, but this match seems designed to reopen old wounds on both sides of the ring, doesn’t it?”

Yep.

“Off course the preview didn’t mention our history! Oh sure, they talked about your success at Violent Conduct VII whilst I was left off the card, or how we both might have our eyes set on Andrea Hernandez and her Bombshell Internet Championship but nothing of our history! Hell, they didn’t even mention the fact that we are both from Miami, Florida and that we’re competing in our home state for the first time since the pandemic fucked up SCW’s plans for 2020, among many, MANY other things, they chose to remain neutral on the matter of our history together butt I guess that makes it our job to bring it up for them, isn’t it Keira?”

I swear, I should take over the card previews, I’d do a better job at it than Candy!

“Those who fail to learn from history are doomed to repeat it, I’m surprised that quote isn’t considered a cliché at this point, but it does have some relevance to our match because most of my SCW career can be summed up with the following sentence: “Jessie failed to learn from her past mistakes, and it bit her in the ass!” I’m not even going to try to count how many times that has happened, for one thing that’s Mercedes’s job!”

Well, that and denying that she’s past it.

“But this past year or so has been about my redemption ark in wrestling and I guess that’s come full circle, hasn’t it Keira? The ark started with my attack by Sin, an attack that you, despite our long and frankly toxic history, tried to save me from, I said things about your adopted son that any other self-respecting parent would’ve punched me in the mouth for and cut off all contact with me afterwards! I’m not saying that you’re a bad parent Keira, just to make that perfectly clear but anyone else would’ve left me to Sin’s mercy but you didn’t.”

It’s that simple.

“So where does that leave us in the present? That’s the million dollar question isn’t it Keira? After spending almost, a year as best buddies, we’re back to where it all started with you and me facing off one on one,  almost poetic, isn’t it Keira? But when I do finally beat you one on one here in Disneyworld off all places, that’ll mean only one thing and that is that this whole redemption arc has come full circle.”

And with that I decided to wrap things up.

“A lot has happened in a year Keira, but one thing remains the same, we, despite everything that’s been said between us, are best buddies and better opponents! I said the same thing when I faced off against Roxi earlier this year and it rings especially true for us this Sunday at Climax Control where I’ll strike you down with blood lightning here in Disneyworld on my way to finally picking up my first win over you! See you the ring Keira and best of luck, best buddy!”

I ran off to catch up with the boys as the scene fades.