Author Topic: ANDREA HERNANDEZ v MERCEDES VARGAS - INTERNET FINALS  (Read 2246 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
ANDREA HERNANDEZ v MERCEDES VARGAS - INTERNET FINALS
« on: August 30, 2021, 06:16:00 AM »
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 10,000 limit.

Good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Andrea Hernandez

"Retribution"
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2021, 06:52:32 PM »
September 2020

I remember being at my brother’s house just days before Violent Conduct last year, sitting on his living room couch and feeling completely miserable. Much of the day was a blur, but I do remember that despite beating Keira Fisher recently, I was far from happy. I was feeling a weird sense of emptiness and every time Eddie tried to talk to me, I barely said a word back. After a couple of hours, as I was just gloomily staring at the floor and peeling off my fingernail polish in a fit of anxiety, my brother finally decided he had enough. He sat down next to me and broke the ice.

“Okay, what’s wrong?” he asked in an annoyed but sympathetic tone.

“Nothing…” I lied.

“Andrea, you know you can’t lie to me. You’ve been miserable all day. I thought winning against Keira Fisher and shutting her up after all those nasty things she said about you before that match would make you happy.”

“Like ONE win is going to erase the HELL that this summer has been for me?”

“Andrea, I know that this summer has been hell for you but…”

“But you have to push on and keep your head up because that’s what Dad would want, blah blah blah… save it…” I said, surprising my brother.

“You have to get over it at some point.”

“Look, beating Keira doesn’t change the fact that I am NOT on the Violent Conduct card this year…” I began. Mentioning that I was off the card entirely saddened me. My heart was so torn on the inside that the reality of not being on the supercard really made me want to cry. Tears came up, but I was able to hold them back. “I was in the main event of three Supercards in a row… and now I am not on a Supercard at all. Do you realize how much this hurts my pride? Do you realize that this painful reality really sums up how awful things have been for me since I lost the world title?”

“Andrea…. Look…”

Eddie wraps an arm around me.

“Just call up your bosses and see if they can get you a spot in the show. It’s at least worth a try.”

“But… they’re going to say…”

“At least TRY, Andrea…” Eddie continued, making me sigh.

“Fine…” I said with a reluctant tone in my voice as I pulled my phone out of my pocket and called the SCW offices.

“Hello?” I asked when I heard a voice on the other line. “Yeah, it’s Andrea. Hey… listen… I know I am not on the Violent Conduct card, but I’d really like to be on it. You can’t have someone main event three Supercards in a row then just leave them off the card…”

I paused for a response…

“I know that I have the Rose Garden with Christina, but that’s not enough for me! I can’t just fade away…”

Another pause as I heard their response, which suddenly saddened me.

“I know my heart wasn’t in that battle royal, but I was going through a hard time. I beat Keira though, that should be enough…. What do you mean you had the card finalized before I beat her? COME ON!”

I listened for a bit before I continued to plead my case.

“Please? Find me a match! I don’t care who it’s against! Just PLEASE find me a match! I don’t care if I have to wrestle Apple fucking Coren, just PLEASE give me a match! Don’t do this to me! Don’t leave me off the card!”

I heard nothing but a decline and an apology from the other end.

“What about the pre-show? Come on! Please? Can’t I have that? A pre-show match against someone from SCU? Put me in there against GRIME Goldenrod or SOMETHING…”

My heart sank when I was denied this final, desperate request. They were still talking, but I wasn’t listening anymore and finally, the call dropped. The tears came out of me once I had no choice but to accept that I was not going to be wrestling on Violent Conduct.

“I’m sorry Andrea…” Eddie said.

“Can this summer be OVER already?” I asked with a tearful sigh.

“Look, you still got that Rose Garden appearance with Christina. You are just going to have to make due with that.”

My sadness dissipated and my bitterness took over once I got this reminder.

“At least with that, you can solidify your friendship and your alliance with Christina and your audience is going to remember you. I think Christina can really do wonders for you, Andrea. I mean that. I think this alliance with her can really turn things around for you in SCW…”

“Yeah... sure. Being left off this card is the last straw…”

“What?”

I briefly snapped out of my anger and bitterness.

“Sorry…” I said with a sigh. “It’s just this summer, Eddie.”

“You know what you’ve got to do to turn this thing around…”he said as he stood up and headed back into the kitchen.

“Yes…” I said with my eyes narrowed in anger. “Yes, I do. I know what I must do and I am going to do it.”

I paused, looking around to ensure I was alone.

“Those two faced bitches in the back have NO IDEA what is coming. I am going to give Christina everything I’ve always wanted to give her. Then, and only then, will she know how I truly feel about her…”

I smirked knowing that the assault that I eventually carried out was a secret that only I knew. But what I didn’t know was that the moment I DID assault her and stopped giving a damn about approval from anyone else would turn my entire career around…

After all, looking out for me and me alone since then has really kept me focused.

It made me driven, motivated and determined to never have a summer of hell again.

It pushed me to ensure that I NEVER got left off a supercard again, that I was done being a pushover and that I was through with being the one that everyone trashed and written off.

It pushed me to want to become a champion in Sin City Wrestling again and truly silence ALL the haters I dealt with in the process.

It has made me BETTER as a wrestler, it has truly brought out the absolute BEST of me on all facets of the game.

And it’s about to make me the SCW Bombshells Internet Champion.

For the second year in a row at Violent Conduct? I am going to give this Bombshells locker room a REAL reason to hate me!

Climax Control - Last Sunday

After I had made my feelings heard about Dani Weston, but before my actual match against her, I was having a fun, laughing time as I was absolutely beaming on the inside about how I just tore Dani to shreds in my promo that included calling her the most overrated Bombshell in SCW history. My boyfriend Lorenzo and I were having a grand old time to ourselves as I was making some final, mental preparations for the match that was to come that night.

“You held NOTHING back against Dani…” Lorenzo reminded me. “Nothing! I bet that it’s going to ruffle so many feathers because it’s DANI and she’s LEGENDARY!”

“PFFFT! WHATEVER!”

I scoffed and let out a laugh.

“I have NO regrets about what I just said about her, because everything I said is true. It’s a fucking joke that someone like HER is even involved in this.”

“It’s stupid that she’s even held in such high regard just because she had one fluke, Cinderella run. You should be able to take her with ease.”

“Beating her is going to feel SO GOOD because I look at that overrated, overhyped BITCH and I see ME… well the OLD me. Certain people in Sin City Wrestling took great joy in either tearing my heart out of my chest and destroying my dreams or celebrating the fact that someone else did that to me. Well, tonight? I get to deliver that ‘FUCK YOU’ to those people right back when I do the same thing to that pathetic little BITCH! I’m going to make her wish she never came back. Her face fucking disgusts me…”

I suddenly see Lorenzo’s expression change from excited to annoyed. I narrowed my eyes with confusion.

“What?” I asked.

Lorenzo pointed behind me before he ultimately left me alone. I was about to feel a massive amount of hatred pour through my soul and a horrific feeling of disgust go through my stomach because the moment I turned around, I saw Keira Fisher with her arms folded and giving me a look of disapproval. My blood was already boiling.

“You just don’t get it, do you?” she asked me, causing me to roll my eyes.

“You know, I really SHOULD get a restraining order on you one of these days. Why are you bothering me? Are you going to start going off about how I complain about everything? AGAIN?”

“Actually, I came to wish you luck against Dani…” Keira said to my confusion. Through said confusion, I scoffed at the notion.

“Oh please! Not this game again! It’s already annoying enough that I have to clean up YOUR mess considering that YOU are the one that lost to her two weeks ago.”

“Do we really need to be fighting all the time?” Keira asked me.

“I don’t need luck to beat Dani Weston, okay?”

“I also wanted to see if you were interested in letting bygones be bygones…”

“I’m sorry… WHAT?”

Now I was both confused and surprised. My guard was immediately up as I did not trust Keira’s intentions whatsoever.

“After all the SHIT you’ve talked about me, after the way you have constantly treated me, after trying to be nice to me one day and then going back to talking shit to me the next day, you’re coming in here to make amends. I don’t buy it, Keira. How’s this going to work? We’re going to ‘make amends’ and then tomorrow on Twitter, you’re going to talk shit about me again? Sorry, not interested! Besides, if YOU beat Dani, you’d be facing me tonight and this conversation doesn’t even exist. This is just convenient for you, Keira. Seriously! You are without question my biggest hater in the locker room these days and I don’t trust you for ANYTHING!”

Keira just shakes her head.

“Just leave me alone, okay?”

“You really have such a terrible attitude about all of this…”

“Do you not know what the words ‘leave me alone’ mean? Of course, you can never make up your mind about me. Sorry, I’m not dealing with the one person that represents ALL of the HATE that I’ve ALWAYS had in the SCW locker room.”

“You do realize that before you assaulted Christina last year, nobody actually hated you, right?”

“SURE! And my dad’s about to rise from the grave! You and everyone else has hated me from the moment I walked in that door.”

“Not true! You really have overplayed this whole ‘hate’ thing in your head acting like everyone’s been out to get you. I know that certain people said things to you that were uncalled for and I know you were overwhelmed with some hateful nonsense from certain people, but that doesn’t mean EVERYONE was out to get you while you were the SCW Bombshells World Champion. Yes, you had a HANDFUL of people that were hating you back then, but it wasn’t EVERYONE like you’ve had in your head for far too long.”

“That hate STILL happened, Keira. I get that being on top has everyone going after you… but people like Alicia, Evie, Kate, just to name a few? They took it WAY too far! You can downplay it all you want and say that ‘it wasn’t everyone’, but it doesn’t change the fact that IT STILL HAPPENED!”

“So you’re going to just let someone like Evie who has been long gone from SCW and her words which were empty to begin with continue to force you to carry all of this anger and hate within you? You’re still going to take out your anger that you’ve held onto for more than a year because of ONE person out on everyone else?”

I let out an audible sigh.

“It’s really sad that someone of your caliber still wants to carry such anger in their heart. It hurts to see, really.”

“AW! You’re acting like you actually CARE about me! Hey, how much longer before you’re all over Twitter calling me ‘Karen’ again and turning on the camera to hope and pray that SOMEONE beats me in the tournament considering you never wanted me in it to begin with. You’re a two-faced hypocrite, Keira, just like all of them.”

“I just don’t want you to go down this path much further because it’s not healthy. You need to stop this NOW before you completely destroy yourself.”

I busted out laughing quite hard in Keira’s face as I was NOT buying her latest ‘convenience’ in my own mind of suddenly ‘caring’ about me.

“Are you trying to ‘save me’ Keira? You should’ve done that last summer when I was going through the shit I was going through. But noooo… you know what you did last year instead of ‘caring about me’? You went on camera and CONSTANTLY ran me down. Remember that? Remember how going into THAT battle royal. You blamed ME for the world title situation being in the shape that it was at the time! YOU BLAMED ME!”

Keira doesn’t say anything at this point.

“You said that people didn’t want to challenge Evie because of ME! You even said I didn’t deserve to be in that battle royal! You throw THAT shade at me and you think I can be all ‘I forgive you’? NO! Oh and then a couple of weeks later when we faced each other…. OOOOOH, how can I EVER forgive OR forget that? You think I am going to forget how YOU ran me down and wrote me off as old news? You think I am going to forget how YOU were the one that tried SO HARD to say that I FELL SO HARD after losing the world title with your BULLSHIT PROPAGANDA about me?”

“That wasn’t me trying to hate on you or hurt you…” Keira said in response. “If anything, I was trying to make you see how far you really had fallen at that point. But you took it as if I was labelling you old news and that I was labelling you as a has been when that was never how it was intended to be taken at all.”

“It doesn’t MATTER how it was supposed to be taken. What MATTERS is how I TOOK IT… and THAT is how I took it. My rock bottom was hearing someone like YOU say those words to me and even after I BEAT YOU in that match and after I BEAT YOU AGAIN recently, you have NEVER apologized to me for what you said to me, you have NEVER admitted that you were wrong about me… because you WERE! I rose up from the fucking grave, Keira IN SPITE OF YOU! The fact that you STILL try to put me down and CONTINUE to be a pain in my ass further proves that any attempts at ‘making amends’ are completely disingenuous!”

Keira’s expression showed no fear of me, nor did it show any signs of wavering. She exuded no signs of regret or any signs of cracking and this even bothered me a bit. She was taking this well, which shocked me.

“You’ve done it now, Keira. You really have. You are SO LUCKY that it’s DANI that I’m facing tonight and not you. The NERVE to come in here and try to ‘make amends’ after all the SHIT you’ve said to me in the past and after how TRASH you’ve treated me.”

“I do mean what I’ve said in that anything I’ve said about you was never meant to hurt you.”

“Is that a lie about me on Twitter that you’re going to post about me on top of all the OTHER LIES you’ve put on there about me? Seriously Keira, fuck off and get out of my face. Do yourself a favor and begin to prepare an apology speech to Dani Weston for her career being over because OH MY GOD, you have REALLY pushed my anger to a level that I didn’t even know it was capable of reaching! Don’t you EVER try to ‘make amends’ with me again…”

I turned around and quickly bolted for the locker room exit angrier than ever. I didn’t stick around to see Keira’s facial expression nor did I stick around to hear anything else she had to say. My anger and bitterness from over the last year was really sticking with me and it sure as hell carried over into my match against Dani Weston moments later.

When I went out there against Dani, it really felt like I was taking on the entire Bombshells locker room. I hit Dani harder than I anticipated as a result of the anger that had skyrocketed because of Keira Fisher and when I literally bent Dani backwards and made her tap out, I felt this amazing feeling of happiness rush through my veins.

I became one win away from being a champion in SCW again.

One win away from FINALLY SILENCING the HATERS such as Keira Fisher and making them eat a bunch of shit.

And knowing already that I was going to be going up against Mercedes Vargas?

I was REALLY liking my chances!

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE WAS APPROVED BY ANDREA HERNANDEZ

The next campaign video cuts in on a studio shot of Angelica Romero, my media correspondent. She was in a bright mood as she began to present my latest campaign message.

“Hi, this is Angelica Romero, Andrea’s media correspondent and the official spokesperson of her Internet Championship campaign. This tournament has surely had its fair share of surprises… albeit, there have been disgusting, horrendous surprises like the return of Dani Weston and Bobbie Dahl. Heck, we just had a massive surprise last Sunday on Climax Control when Mercedes Vargas defeated Bobbie to get to the finals. But you know what WASN’T a surprise? Andrea getting to the finals.

That’s right, the same Andrea that CRYBABIES like Keira Fisher never wanted in this tournament.

The same Andrea that ALL OF YOU wrote off last summer as being old news.

Yes, THE Andrea Hernandez that made EVERYONE hate her when she brainbustered Christina last year at Violent Conduct and will CONTINUE to make you all hate her WHEN she wins the Bombshell Internet Championship. But, would the OLD ANDREA have done this? I went out on the campaign trail to find out what idiots like YOU sitting at home and eating Hot Cheetos in your mother’s basement thought… Here's my latest special report….”

The video cuts to Chelsea LeClair, Andrea’s former best friend, standing next to Angelica inside of a gym.

“Would the OLD Andrea have gotten to the finals of the Internet Championship tournament?”

Chelsea rolls her eyes.

“OF COURSE! Come on! Seriously? There was never any need for her to go through with this with the attitude that she has displayed. I’m so disappointed that she abandoned who she really is and has resorted to this dog and pony show of a ‘political campaign’. The way she handles things now is disgusting”

The video cuts to Angelica with Andrea’s brother Eddie in his living room.

“The sad thing is that the answer is yes. Andrea was always talented enough to get this far without resorting to… you know. My sister would’ve made it to the finals. No question. My father taught her everything she ever needed to be in order to be successful and just that alone was good enough to carry her through. What a shame that she spit in his face...”

The video cuts back to Chelsea…

“The ‘old Andrea’ that she runs down and writes off so much was the one that won the world title…” she reminds the audience. “She is the one that faced all of those tremendous odds that were stacked against her, despite so many people writing her off, and beat two of the best in SCW history to make it happen. She’s the rare breed that could do what she did.”

Cut back to Eddie…

“If she was capable of beating Roxi and Christina at the same time, she was going to beat Jessie and Dani one on one, two weeks in a row. It's as cut and dry as that. Not to mention that ‘old Andrea’ also overcame the unfitting environment of OCW and made THAT work against the odds, the horrible experience of the UWA locker room running her down and acting like she was nothing and… of course, the abuse in GCW that Myra Rivers put her through. How can she not see that?”

Cut back to Chelsea…

“That ‘summer of hell’ that she complains about so much… had she stayed the course, she would’ve overcome it. I’m happy for her that she did, but did she HAVE to overcome it the way she has? When she did what she did to Christina last year, I was floored. I never, ever imagined she had that in her. She has done great this year, I will give her that. But the way she’s done it makes me really sad and long for my best friend….

Cut back to Eddie.

“She went through a lot. My sister dealt with my dad dying and the locker room being hard on her. But, she did get through it. ‘Old Andrea’, ‘New Andrea’, it doesn’t matter. She was always going to overcome that. A friendship with Christina would’ve helped and then… she did what she did. It’s heartbreaking to see my sister become what she’s become…

The footage cuts back to Angelica in the studio as she just scoffs and rolls her eyes in amusement.

“It is clear that her brother and her best friend and tag partner are a representation of you LITTLE PEOPLE that were once fans of her: you know NOTHING about wrestling. You can all blindly believe that the ‘old Andrea’ would’ve made the finals in your little fantasy dreamlands where you lived vicariously through her once upon a time, but the fact of the matter is? Andrea wouldn’t be in the finals if she remained daddy’s little girl. She would’ve found some way to lose to Dani Weston if she didn’t change her ways. The ANDREA you know now is stronger, better, WAY more confident and more ready than before to be a champion in Sin City Wrestling. It would’ve taken a MIRACLE for that weakling you all knew to make the finals.

But I guess Mercedes Vargas has the ‘miracle’ quota covered in the tournament already, doesn’t she? This has been Angelica Romero with this special campaign report!

Angelica has more of a laugh to herself as she walks away and the scene cuts.

August 30, 2021

CELEBRATION TIME!

“It’s been a LONG time since I’ve felt SO HAPPY!” I exclaimed with joy as I celebrated in my living room with Lorenzo, Angelica and Regina, my superfan campaign manager. Party favors were all over the place. A “one win away” banner was hanging from the ceiling. Regina was wearing a “Dani Tapped Out” t-shirt that I was ready to market in the near-future. Lorenzo and I exchanged a passionate kiss as we all watched the moment where I submitted Dani Weston to advance to the finals.

“It’s BEAUTIFUL…” Lorenzo said as he wiped away a fake tear.

“What’s beautiful? Me or that bitch tapping out?” I asked, as my entire ‘team’ shared a laugh. “I want to thank all of you. You have been a WONDERFUL campaign team and I can not WAIT for our convention where I accept my party’s nomination for SCW Bombshells Internet Champion! You have been great with your support! Last year, I had people like my STUPID FAMILY behind me and they dragged me down! But you all have been amazing in more ways than one!”

“I am SO PSYCHED!” Regina blurted! “My all time FAVORITE WRESTLER is in the FINALS and did the division a TRUE JUSTICE by winning against someone that didn’t deserve to be in the tournament at all.”

“I don’t mean to sound like an interviewer right now…” Angelica said with a smirk. “But, I HAVE to ask you: when Dani tapped out, what was that feeling like?”

“AMAZING!” I exclaimed instantly. “Her tap out was music to my ears, y’all! When she tapped out, I had this AWESOME adrenaline rush and this WICKED feeling poured through me and when it sank in, I realized that I had shattered someone else’s dream. I felt AWESOME knowing that I took that bitch’s Cinderella story and DESTROYED IT! I never, ever imagined that ruining someone’s comeback and shattering their dream would feel this good and you know what the best part is? It is perfectly justified! You all do realize how many times and for how long I had to suffer through someone shattering MY dreams, right?”

“All those times in UWA you were denied the Cruiserweight title back in 2016…” Angelica points out. “...when you wanted to prove you could stand out on your own, but everyone took pride in shattering a dream you would eventually realize…

“OCW…” Lorenzo points out. “...when you won their Paradigm title and someone else stole it from you by cheating… and when someone that didn’t deserve to be Craze champion completely blocked you from being a main eventer there…”

“Evie Jordan…” Regina points out with a shrug. “Enough said!”

“All AMAZING examples of instances where someone else dragged me down and completely shattered a dream of mine. I was ALWAYS the one that ended up as the victim, but now I am the one doing the victimizing. That’s why beating Dani feels SO FUCKING GOOD because I FINALLY feel like I am getting YEARS worth of revenge! I am ONE WIN AWAY! GOD, it’s amazing! Anyway, I’m going to need you all to step out for a second while I prepare my nomination speech, alright?

Everyone nodded as they began to leave. As I went to sit down on the couch, I was surprised to see that Regina had come back to sit next to me.

“Can I talk to you for a minute?”

“Look, you have been an AMAZING campaign manager and the way you completely portrayed Dani when we had that ‘debate’ before my match against her was a wonderful performance. I don’t think giving you a few minutes to talk would be so bad. What’s on your mind?”

“I’m about to let you in on a little secret. I know that when you did what you did to Christina and have been what you have been since then, you have drawn all sorts of hate and criticism. The fans of ‘old Andrea’, for the most part, abandoned you. Those fans want to hang on to the past and such, but let me tell you something. I have been a huge fan of yours since the beginning.”

My eyes lit up when I heard this.

“Really? Interesting…”

“Yeah, I am talking about GCW when you and Chelsea hit the scene as Sedona Sky.”

“Wow, you really ARE a loyal fan. And yet, there is something that I am not understanding. All of these fans that I once had are stuck in the past. I saw what Chelsea and Eddie had to say about me and it is honestly quite sad. They DO represent all those stupid, annoying fans that want me to ‘go back’... all their talk about how ‘old Andrea’ would’ve made it to the finals anyway and how there was no need for me to change my ways. What those idiots fail to realize is that if I never changed my ways, I would’ve remained WEAK. I would’ve stayed a pushover and ultimately, I wouldn’t even BE in SCW right now. Selfish jerks. Those fans LOVED that smiling, inspirational IDIOT that was fragile as hell! How can you be a fan of me now when you were also a fan of THAT?”

“It’s a little more complicated than that. I was at GCW’s Resurrection event in 2018 when you went in as the North American Champion, defending your title against Jenni Anderson. It was a Last Woman Standing match…”

“One of my all time favorite matches in my career even to this day… I mean, it WAS my star-making performance!” I said with a smile. “It’s a shame that the fans that I had talk about how that inspired them to pursue their dreams… because it wasn’t about them, it was about ME! They all act like it was ‘nice Andrea’ that won that match and put Jenni down for the count. It REALLY bugs me when they say ‘well OLD ANDREA accomplished THIS… and OLD ANDREA accomplished that…’ They put the  nice girl that I was on a pedestal! It’s sickening!”

“It wasn’t ‘nice Andrea’ that retained the North American title that night though…” Regina said, much to my delighted surprise. “You were anything BUT nice to Jenni that night. You dove off a freaking balcony and put her through HOW MANY TABLES 20 feet below? You didn’t win that match because you were ‘nice’, you won that match because you were willing to do ANYTHING it took to do so!”

“OH MY GOD! FINALLY!” I said with a sigh of relief! “FINALLY someone gets it! It’s the same thing with the world title. I didn’t win it from Christina nor did I retain it against her because I was SO NICE and WANTED TO BE HER FRIEND! I said and did whatever the fuck I had to do to make that happen!”

“I’m still a fan of yours all this time because unlike most of those ‘fans’, it wasn’t you being nice and sweet and innocent that made me a fan… because that’s not what wins you matches… it was you never giving up and overcoming ALL of the adversity that you go through. Even NOW, you STILL do that. That’s the one thing that has not changed about you from last year and I’m SO AMAZED by it because very few people would have been able to endure and survive having their dreams crushed again and again. What I have always admired about you is that you continue to get knocked down over and over again and you STILL keep going! ‘Nice Andrea’ or not, that has been the one thing that has stood out in your entire career… even if all the HATERS want to dismiss and overlook that just because of how you carry yourself or whatever fucking excuse they want to throw at you because that damn locker room NEVER wants to give you credit for anything…”

“I really have overcome so much in the last year, haven’t I?” I said in a slightly calm tone of voice. “You’re right though, the HATERS will never give me credit for it because they’ve had it out for me from the beginning. BUT, THEY don’t matter! I DO! I overcame so much of THEIR shit to get to where I am now and I can’t WAIT to make them cry when I win that Internet Championship. Thank you so much for the perspective, seriously… and for being one of the very few that actually get me…”

“Always!” Regina said with a beaming smile as she stood up. “I have a feeling that Violent Conduct will be the ultimate catharsis party for you where you finally conquer all of that hate that you have dealt with once and for all!”

Regina leaves me alone in the living room in one hell of a mood.

“Yes…” I said in agreement. “...it really will be my final healing from all the hell that I’ve been through….”

I stayed coy and distant for a little bit longer, reflecting on all of the adversity I have overcome throughout the year that no hater in the locker room would ever give me credit for. The lack of credit didn’t bring me down. In fact, realizing that I had overcome so much bullshit over the last year further increased my confidence and I was already beginning to feel I’d be in rare form going into Violent Conduct.

September 4th, 2021

I entered the familiar auditorium to the same piped in cheers and chants as before and I was beaming with excitement and pride. The banner now said “National Convention of ALL Things Andrea”  and I looked back at it with joy. Pro-Andrea banners were littered all over the walls of the auditorium as well as some slogans such as “Down With The Status Quo”, “One More Win”, “Ready For Andrea”, “She’s a Delorian, not a MERCEDES” and “Conquer Jealousy”. I took in some of the piped in cheers from the auditorium speakers and looked out into an otherwise empty building as I began to express my thoughts.

“Thank you… thank you…”

“ONE MORE WIN! ONE MORE WIN!” the piped in chants said through the speakers.

“THANK YOU!”

More piped in cheers before I began my official nomination speech.

“I’m going to cut right to the chase and thank my ENTIRE campaign team for doing an AMAZING job through this process. Haters in Sn City Wrestling wanted to deny the inevitable. They wanted to bring me down SO hard! You had Johanna “Do Nothing” Kreiger resort to name calling on Twitter and when I responded back, she had nothing to say. You had Keira “Hater” Fischer come out and BEG and PLEAD SCW to NOT include me in the tournament. You had Dingleberry Dani call herself THE FAVORITE on Twitter only to flop just like she has for 80 percent of her career. You had Jessie Salco who was aiming SO HARD for that primary upset and who wanted to bring my campaign down SO BAD! And in the end, they all failed! The convention has begun and I am here to officially ACCEPT the nomination of the “All Things Andrea” Party for the Bombshells Internet Champion of Sin City Wrestling! Next weekend comes the election that we have ALL been striving for and to be one of the two that is vying for the Internet Championship is such an honor. I knew all along I would get here. It’s not like MY side of the bracket was THAT difficult. It may have been a LITTLE bit interesting if Keira beat Dani but in the end? I FLAWLESSLY got here. I admit, I was expecting to see Bobbie Dahl here with me. I mean, she beat Seleana Zdunich with ease and I figured she’d beat the winner of Delorian Vargas and Do Nothing Kreiger… except she didn’t. Mercedes Vargas of all people is in the finals with me. Yeah, I was shocked. There’s no denying that. But see… this is where it ENDS, Mercedes Vargas.

You think you’re going to be RELEVANT AGAIN? You think that getting to the finals of this tournament makes you RELEVANT? Nope, don’t even start with that talk. Don’t even think that just because you got to the finals and pulled a shocker out of your ass in the semifinals, that it means that you are suddenly BACK. No, you are NOT “back” and I am going to see to it that this little Cinderella run that you’re on is going to come to a screeching halt. As you saw last week on Climax Control, I ENDED a Cinderella story and while I will die on the hill that I built that Dani Weston is the most overrated Bombshell in SCW history, I will at LEAST say that on most nights, she IS superior to you. The ONLY two reasons why you even GOT this far was because you got DO NOTHING KRIEGER in round one and she just happens to be one of the few women on this roster that most people would realistically give you a chance against. If you got Seleana, Dani or Keira in round one? Forget it! As for Bobbie? Well, on top of the fact that she was most likely rusty to begin with, you already wasted your once a tournament miracle AND your once a year miracle. Whatever energy you expended for that match against Bobbie, you are not going to have the ability to achieve against ME because I am NOT Bobbie! I am NOT the biggest choker in SCW history that ALWAYS FAILS when there’s a championship at stake.

You are the one person that is now standing in the way of my retribution for ALL of the BULLSHIT that I’ve dealt with over the past year. YOU are the personification of SO much of that Mercedes. I have preached, ad nauseum, of how ridiculously bullshit it is that someone like YOU gets more frequent opportunities than I do when I am going out there busting my ass, winning every single match that was in front of me, 10 in a row and 13 of my last 14 since that fucking horrible battle royal experience by the way, and you just float around constantly losing, constantly getting opportunities that you don’t deserve and constantly dropping the ball over and over again. I mean for fuck’s sake, you’ve had HOW many opportunities despite your below mediocre record and the fact that you only seem to exude any passion for what you do when it is convenient for you? You’ve had CHANCE after CHANCE to regain relevance this year only for you to fall, and fail. You could’ve started a renaissance when you faced Alicia Lukas back on Inception. Did you fail? Of course you did! You recently had a chance against Krystal Wolfe for the Roulette Championship even though I far and away deserved an opportunity more than you did, and you couldn’t get the job done either. Hell, last Supercard, you’re tapping out to BELLA FUCKING MADISON!

SERIOUSLY?

HOW could you be a VIABLE Internet Champion when you can’t even beat someone like BELLA MADISON! Bitch, Bella Madison is someone that I defeat in my sleep on any given night and you tap to her in a blindfold match? And you have the nerve to run her down as ‘unworthy’ in the fashion that you did. I REFUSE to let someone like YOU win the Bombshells Internet Championship because someone like YOU winning it will result in the Internet Championship going back to the “GOOD OL’ DAYS” where some old, random ass nobody bitch named Joanne Canelli was the first Internet Champion and where the championship was changing hands every one to two months among the likes of Roxi Johnson, Lucy Seraphina and Amy Santino. We do NOT need to go back to the era where someone like YOU wins the Internet Championship and loses it two months later to Jessie Salco. We are NOT going back to that era, Mercedes. If by some SHOCKER you were to win at Violent Conduct, you would lose it three weeks later. You want to come in here and be a REDEMPTION STORY, Mercedes? Is that what this tournament is about for you? It sure seemed that way from the way you described your loss in that Roulette Championship match… you know, the one that you ‘couldn’t accept’.You admitted yourself that you have been ‘too easy going and lenient’.

You ADMIT your own complacency. The Bombshells Internet Championship deserves MORE than complacency. You and your “I can win a title any time I please” BULLSHIT further proves that you HAVE grown complacent and that you REFUSE to grow and refuse to evolve. You’re still the same fucking person that walked in here many moons ago without even an iota of difference. I watched you on SCW television when I was a fan and when I was coming up through the Indies and as someone that watched you on SCW television each week? You never SERIOUSLY impressed me. Sure, you were winning championships in that era and you were coming up clutch with those titles and all those big name opponents that you were beating then, but NEVER did I EVER look at you and think ‘damn, this girl is the top bitch in SCW’. I never felt that with you. Period. I never felt that you were someone that was a company flag bearer because there were so many women of that era that have had so much better careers than you. Every time you were a world champion, you always felt like some transitional holdover until someone better came along and beat you and the fact that you can’t even achieve THAT much considering you’ve only won what? NINE whole matches in the last one and two thirds calendar years COMBINED on the SCW roster? Think about that, Mercedes. In 2021 alone, I have won MORE MATCHES than YOU have in 2020 AND 2021 COMBINED! It not only further proves my superiority over you, but it shows you how far you’ve truly fallen. This little ‘comeback’ you’ve had going on in this tournament, as recent history suggests, is nothing but a mirage, Mercedes and the sooner you begin to accept that, the better.

But you’re not going to accept that. If you did, you would’ve been gone at least three years ago. If your ego wasn’t in the fucking way, you wouldn’t be throwing your legacy down the drain, hanging on for so damn long. See, that’s the problem I have with many of the OLD SCHOOL bombshells… if they aren’t leaving and coming back *cough* Dani and Bobbie *cough*, they hang around too long… just like you have, and Roxi has, and Christina has, and Sam has. You complain about respect, but why should I respect someone that’s held on for too long? You’re talking about Johanna spinning her wheels, and you’re not wrong, but isn’t that YOU too with your supercilious, airheaded ego? I mean seriously, I thought I had an ego yet here you are, in the vicinity of being 30 matches below 50/50 as far as your win-loss record is concerned, and you’re having an ego trip in that blog of yours prior to the Johanna match talking about your legacy and adding a championship to that.

WHAT legacy, Mercedes? A legacy of being a top five loser by pure win-loss record in Sin City Wrestling history? A legacy that you have long wasted by now? A legacy that slowly but surely, you’re not so sure you can even defend anymore considering that you admit that you should’ve never been in this tournament to begin with? Nobody is trying to take away your accomplishments and what you’ve done in Sin City Wrestling… at least I’m not. But for fuck’s sake, can you quit being so BLINDED by your ego that is STILL telling you to push forward? It’s one thing to keep going at the age that you are just out of pure passion and love for the business. It’s another thing to do what YOU are doing and continue to try to compete and win championships even though evidence to the contrary has been piling up for the last three years or so. Look, I TOTALLY GET having an EGO… I got one too, NO SHIT! You ADMIT that you’re ‘not the competitor that you once were’ in your blog prior to your match against Bella… and yet… you say these AMAZINGLY STUPID THINGS… among them…

“But I am still better than most of the division…” PFFFFFFFFT! Christina, Myra, Amber, Kate, Alicia, myself, Sam Marlowe, Seleana, Krystal Wolfe… and I can’t believe I am throwing her in there…, Roxi, Keira, Bella by default since she beat you at Summer XXXtreme, Ruby… have I named half of the division yet? Because those are ALL names I can think of off the top of my head that are CLEARLY better than you are. This delusion of grandeur that you have is unfuckingbelievable. I mean SHOOT, there you are calling your match with Bella a ‘piece of cake’ and she beat your ass and tapped you out. But you call BELLA the ‘conceited princess’? YOU… the woman that… IN SPANISH… called yourself the “greatest of all time” and  “the record-breaking, ground-breaking, history-making, trail-blazing, name-taking, legend-beating, most winning champion of champions…”... are calling SOMEONE ELSE conceited? Bitch, get the FUCK out of here with that hypocritical, delusional nonsense. I’m not denying what you’ve accomplished in Sin City Wrestling but SERIOUSLY? You brag about having the most overall titles in the Bombshell division but what does it actually MEAN when only ONE of those reigns… ONE… of ALL the championship reigns you’ve ever had in this company, lasted longer than two months? And that ONE that did, that Roulette title run you had that went about six months? Bitch, that was six to seven YEARS ago! I mean come on! Twelve championships in SCW and ELEVEN of them lasted two months or less? THAT is the standard that YOU consider to be ‘the greatest of all time’? Now, if we’re talking about the greatest TRANSITIONAL CHAMPION in SCW history… SURE, I can see that with you!

THAT standard of PURE MEDIOCRITY is what YOU rest your laurels on? NO WONDER you’ve stagnated! Perhaps this UNBELIEVABLE arrogance of yours is why you… as you YOURSELF have acknowledged, aren’t the competitor that you used to be. THAT MEDIOCRITY of being a constant transitional champion makes you ‘better than most of the roster’? PLEASE! You take Alicia’s 280 day World title reign and Myra’s 350 day Internet title reign and both of those reigns COMBINED are better than eleven of your title reigns. I mean SHIT, it’s SO EASY to win so many championships when you’re ALMOST ALWAYS LOSING THEM IN TWO MONTHS OR LESS! Does it make sense why even when you were winning all those titles I never saw you as ‘the greatest’ or the ‘top bitch’? And yet, despite ALL of those delusions of grandeur that you’ve had about yourself, your career and your LEGACY… There is ONE that stands out to me because it is VERY personal…

It was when you turned the camera on prior to the Queen of the Day match a couple of months back, yet another opportunity that you blew by the way, and you said… QUOTING YOUR BLOG by the way…

“The Myra Rivers', Amber Ryan's and Andrea Hernandez's of the world didn't join SCW because of Alicia Lukas. Oh no, they came because of me and the bar that I've set in this company….”

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!! I’m sorry….

At this point, I just burst out laughing and on cue, a canned laughing track played over the auditorium loudspeakers.

“BITCH… HAHAHAHAHA OH MY GOD!!!

BITCH…

REALLY?!?!?!

I mean, you’re not WRONG in the sense that I didn’t join SCW because of Alicia, but to say that I joined because of YOU and the “bar” that YOU set in this company?

BITCH!

Roxi and Sam were TWO REASONS… and two BETTER reasons… why I signed with this company. Me joining this company had NOTHING to do with YOU or whatever “bar” of pure MEDIOCRITY you set. What BAR did you set? How to win a championship and lose it all within 60 days? Why would YOU be a reason to join this company? So I could be just as mediocre as you are? You don’t get to speak for me Mercedes, especially when you say something DELUSIONAL and STUPID like that. With that arrogance and delusional stupidity, you just CONTINUE to weigh yourself down and honey, that’s just explaining the reasons why YOU are going to lose and NOT why I am going to win. I ALREADY KNOW that I’m superior to you. I already know that I’ve got the killer instinct and a motivation that you could never even DREAM ABOUT. I’ve proven it by overcoming ALL of the adversity that I have over the last year and it’s funny because the HATERS were running me down last summer acting like I was another one of you but instead of staying complacent like you did, and basing my entire reputation on a world championship run I WAS NOT happy with like you would’ve with your ‘I still did it’ attitude, I did what you have NEVER been able to do: GROW, EVOLVE, ADAPT! YOU stick around because YOU still need the validation and the retribution but in the end? When I beat you?

The one getting RETRIBUTION is ME!

WHEN I beat you and become the SCW Bombshells Internet Champion, I am getting MY RETRIBUTION for all the SHIT that I’ve had to deal with since I lost the world title… for all the hate, for all the lies, for all the slander, for all the bullshit DEGRADATION of what I’ve accomplished from HATERS like Keira who posts lies about me on Twitter ALL the time and from HATERS like Bobbie who had the FUCKING IDIOCY to say tha tmy win streak means NOTHING, for all the FLAK I’ve had to take from people like YOU Mercedes, that tried SO HARD to pour dirt on the grave of my world title reign and then just made up A BUNCH OF LIES and resorted to NAME CALLING against me because I didn’t stay down the way they wanted me to…

THAT is the retribution I am getting, Mercedes! I want this FAR more than you do and there’s no fucking way you can even MATCH my motivation let alone exceed it! You just want to pad your “legacy” with that title.

Get the FUCK out of here with that.

Me? This is to FINALLY silence the critics and the fucking haters I’ve had to deal with ONCE and for all!

My name is Andrea Hernandez, and the NEXT SCW Bombshells Internet Champion ACCEPTS this nomination AND approves this message!”

I stormed off the podium full of angry motivation. Some canned cheers played over the speakers and I left the amphitheater incredibly thrilled with the words I just spoke, feeling more confident in my chances to become the next SCW Bombshells Internet Champion.

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Re: ANDREA HERNANDEZ v MERCEDES VARGAS - INTERNET FINALS
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2021, 12:00:53 AM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 15 al 22 de agosto de 2021

I look at the faces around me and see so few from the old days. Many are gone, moved on ro greener pastures, settled down, retired. A lot has changed in eight years. Still, the Bombshells division is swimming along, new stars are being made, women are given opportunities to prove themselves, the veterans are coming into their own. Basically, life is good.

Some people say my legacy is going down in flames the longer I delay retirement, others say I'm just showing up for the paycheck now a days. Either could be true, none of it could be true, but should it matter why I’m doing it? Do you really care? If you don’t like me, fine by me. Am I surprised about the backlash coming or already have my way? Not really. I've been wrestling long enough to know that you can't please everybody. I've long since said that I'm only here to further my own career. Do I care whether the fans cheer or boo me? Nope. Still don't. Makes no difference to me either way. Joining the Mean Girls didn't changed who I am, hasn't changed the fact that I've accomplished mostly everything that there is to do in SCDub, hasn't changed my passion for the sport or the sacrifice and hard work I've put in my career. I was a winner before the Mean Girls, I was a winner with them, I was a winner when they broke up. Nothing succeeds line success.

Some people take exception to the idea of me considering myself as one of the best in the women's division, and it has less to do with me saying it as some affirmation to make myself feel good because of my less than stellar win-loss records than it is my overall body of work. I mean, being a 12-time title holder is serious business. I think I've more than proven my greatness over the years. On the other hand, being an 12-time champ also means I've lost titles 11 times. Bottom line is my resiliency enables me to learn from my mistakes and that's why I've continue to have championships around my waist year after year.

Don't get me wrong, this campaign Andrea's been running may just have put a bigger spotlight on her than at any point in her career, but it may just be her downfall. She's already not liked all that much with most thinking she's a snob and attention seeker. If she fails to win the Bombshell Internet Championship, would anyone miss her all that much, especially her promos and obsessive lip smacking she does when she speaks?

Your path to the Bombshell Internet Championship doesn't get any easier.

Because you're not stepping in the ring with one of your campaign manager, you're stepping in the ring with the #ChampionofChampions, Mercedes Vargas, the most decorated champion in this company.

The gloves are off, the war paint is on, and the checklist is always at hand.

And Andrea, your name is next.

~~~

Flashback - October 2009, San Francisco, California

Un Sueño - Faded Glory

[[Ever feel like you're being watched?

You know, like the moment when your standing on a crowded bus, or at the park, or at checkout at the supermarket, your throat is dry, the hair on the back of your neck stands up, then it's sensory overload: pairs of eyes staring back at you. It's an eerily feeling. ]]

Mercedes sped quickly past the grocery shop and hopped on a trolley around a corner hoping to elude her pursuer. Hopefully she doesn’t look too out of place. Layering and a jacket was always in season. Even in the summer, the weather in San Francisco was mild, 70 degrees.

Eight pairs of eyes look back at Mercedes uninterested as she shuffles down the aisle in search for a seat. Mercedes wasn't halfway into her seat before she can feel another’s person’s gaze, but if she wanted to complete her mission, staying calm was critical. She turns and meet the eyes of a stranger whose decides to start a conversation.

:::Stranger:::
So, where you're headed?

[Was he starting a conversation with me? I didn't catch it the first time as I was deep into a half-finished crossword puzzle in hopes of not drawing too much attention. The stranger tried again to get my attention, and this time I looked up at him. He grinned at me from across the aisle. I didn't return his smile. ]]

:::Stranger:::
I said where are you going?

:::Mercedes:::
I'm going to the city.

[[There. Short, curt, to the point, and exactly the only info I was willing to give. It was none of his business where I was off to. Conversation just wasn't in my DNA today. Well, it was just me because the stranger kept it up. But then, someone new came on the trolley. Female. Short, black hair. Stone washed jeans, Guess t-shirt. Yup, my stop is here.

I gripped my half-open duffle bag, the outlines of a championship title is seen. There was a show tonight, but winning my first title didn’t happen in the ring. It happened at the Kimball Museum. I mentally kept a headcount on how many stops was left before I was supposed to get off. Then the new passenger started coming down my way. She didn’t look very happy.]]

The woman spins Mercedes around only to find out that it wasn’t her to begin with. Down the street, Mercedes was already looking for her next hiding spot.

This was not the game of hide-and-seek she was expecting in San Francisco.

"I don't know. There's just something off with these lines. What do you think?"

[]Mercedes scanned through the movie script and each shake of her head was a sign that she didn't like what she had in her hand.

She looks to her left as a man, the movie director, silently reads his copy of the playscript using a pen as a guide. Three more of Mercedes' castmates, two men and a woman, stood across from them. This was anything but a working vacation, she soon realized and was reminded by Ricardo, the movie director, who now looks up from the script and to everyone in the room.[]

Ricardo: Well, brainstorming session lasted for two hours. Anyone else?

Irma: I don't think it's that bad, maybe a few changes. Hugo?

[]Hugo begins pacing, thinking with hand on chin, looking down at his script. After a moment, he shakes his head.[]

Hugo: Nope. Tomas?

Tomas: I think I need a new copy. Cheeto stains got all over it.

[]A collective groan from everyone else as Tomas had already ripped open a bag of Cheetos. The director shakes his head as Mercedes offers a disappointed sigh.[]

Mercedes: It's been a long day. We need something catchy, something that will connect with the audience....

Mercedes waves her hands and slowly draws them apart. Ricardo stops her right there as he stands to his feet.

Ricardo: Don't worry about it. We'll sleep on it, then tackle this next week. Otherwise, we'll try to make it work. Now let's say we get out of here. You have a match this weekend.

Mercedes: Thanks

~~~

Present Day ♦ L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

With the final Climax Control of the six-week tour of the West Coast concluding at Violent Conduct, it seemed the cycle has come and gone by and, for the most part, recent events have made headlines on the road to the next supercard. Here in Los Angeles, the scene opens in a familiar area. Mercedes Vargas emerges walking out of a fast food restaurant, what we make it out to be a burger place.

The SCW Hall of Famer dresses casually and comfy for the unofficial final weeks of the summer season, sporting cargo pants paired with a blouse and stiletto open toe sandals and adorning simple jewelry. Keeping her aviator sunglasses firmly on, she walks up to the camera as we see passerbys walk in the foreground behind her in the shot. Mercedes moves closer and slows her pace. She looks a little annoyed, yet the desire to talk never wavered. The Argentine at first breaks eye contact from the camera and looks around her for a moment, nodding her head. Then she sighs, looks at the camera and speaks.

“You may have noticed recently that I’ve been a little chirpy lately on social media, but that shouldn’t be much of a surprise because those who have followed me in my career pretty much know that I was never known to be a wallflower. And its not like it’s a bad thing like most people will have you believe. Better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you are not, right? That depends whether you’re being hated for all the right reasons.

Pulling double duty at Violent Conduct only proves yet again why I am the hardest working female in SCW right now. I don’t think anyone can argue that. Not even Andrea Hernandez, but you know she will. She’s very good at it.

“Thing is Andrea, your jealousy spiel won't work on me, sweetheart. Because regardless of what happens in two weeks, I am where you need to be. Everything you hope to accomplish in Sin City Wrestling, been there, done that, moved on. Confident and talented as you are, Andrea, you haven't yet reached untouchable status. I could have gone winless in 2021, I could go out there and never win another match this year or get a Jessie Salco-like title ban and I will still hold as much credibility than you ever will. I can afford to rest on my laurels as a Hall of Famer, Grand Slam Champion, and multi-time champion, you don't have that luxury. You can try and try to get over at the expense of others but you will NEVER be as big or as much credibility as me. Yes, your change in attitude has got you far but that wasn't the case two years ago. You still have a long way to go, even three years in.

"I've seen them all, I've beaten them all, I've survived them all. Andrea, you're going to have to be the best you've ever been to get rid of me, mírame. In two weeks, I'm going to have the distinct honor and privilege of ending one of the greatest runs in the Bombshells Division. And don't say that I can't do it. I've ended streaks before, many times, against many people, in many companies. Ending yours won't be any different, but it will give me a little bit of infamy. Oh, and the Bombshell Internet Championship."

With that, the scene fades on Mercedes' confident smirk before she offers a heart gesture with her hands before breaking it in two.

***Fade***
« Last Edit: September 05, 2021, 12:11:09 AM by Mercedes Vargas »

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)

Andrea Hernandez

"The EVOLUTION of the Bombshells Division"
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2021, 01:36:40 PM »
(OOC NOTE: Guest appearance is with permission of handler)

Violent Conduct 2020

I will never forget the adrenaline rush and that amazing feeling that I had after I had betrayed and assaulted Christina Rose on her own “Rose Garden” show. For the first time since I had won the SCW Bombshells World Championship, I was feeling amazing.

I was smirking as I was walking down the hallway and I heard some footsteps behind me. I turned to look and I saw Kevin, the cameraman that I had done my notorious ‘never aired’ promos with, coming in my direction. He did have his camera with him, which ticked me off. I turned and was about to keep walking, but he wasn’t about to let me go just yet.

“Andrea… wait…”

I sighed with annoyance as Kevin caught up with me.

“That camera better not be on.” I warned him.

“It’s not. But what the fuck? How can you do that to Christina? How can you betray your own friend like that?”

“Let me get something clear here, Kevin. She was never my friend. I did what I had to do. SCW wants to disrespect ME by leaving me off the show? I get told to just make the most out of the Rose Garden? Well, I sure as hell did, didn’t I? I EXPECT that all the two faced bitches in the back are happy now. I mean, this whole summer, they all wanted every excuse in the book to hate me. I just gave them one. And no, you can NOT put that on the record. I’ll explain later… when the time is right. Say goodbye to that sweet, stupid Andrea that you’ve known for the last year…”

I scoffed at Kevin before turning and walking away. I wasted no time exiting the building and I saw that there was a group of fans greeting some of the other wrestlers, some of whom stopped to provide autographs that were requested of them. The fans were quite happy after the show ended. I rolled my eyes at this, not thinking anything of it, before I made my way into the parking lot.

That is when the hatred truly started.

“BOOOOOOO!” some of the fans blurted.

“HOW COULD YOU DO THAT TO CHRISTINA?!?!?!” a woman in the audience asked me in a whiny voice.

“She was just trying to help you! FUCK YOU ANDREA!”

I smirked at this as I made my way through the lot. The fans weren’t done cursing me out.

“YOU BACKSTABBING WHORE!”

“TWO-FACED MEGALOMANIACAL BITCH!”

“SELFISH, UNGRATEFUL, FRAUDULENT CUNT!”

“INSECURE, PATHETIC, EGOTISTICAL CRACK WHORE COCKSUCKER!!!!!”

That last insult caused me to pause and when I turned to face them, I ended up dealing with a barrage of trash. There were collector cups missing my head. There were napkins rolled up into balls coming in my direction, a few of them hitting me. Some old action figures of me were thrown, one of them even hitting me in the face. With this, I merely blinked. Popcorn buckets. Used chip bags. Half-eaten chicken strips. An unopened bag of condoms.

Yes, seriously.

I was being pelted with quite a bit of garbage and I just stood there, taking it and dodging it until they ran out of things to throw at me.

“Are you done?” I asked them. “Some fanbase I had….”

I was greeted with a mass chorus of deafening boos.

“You wanna know how I feel?”

More boos. More derogatory chants. I merely put down my bags and dropped to my knees to sit on them on the parking lot before they quieted down.

“I feel FREE! I am feeling AMAZING! I am SO glad that I no longer have to PRETEND to be Christina’s friend. I feel AMAZING that I no longer have to carry the burden of my family legacy. You UNGRATEFUL ASSHOLES need to realize that Christina got what she fucking deserved. What I did to HER is a “FUCK YOU” to ALL OF YOU for ABANDONING ME ALL SUMMER! What I did to Christina is a “FUCK YOU” to ALL of the two faced bitches in the back that have done nothing but HATE ME and ATTACK ME for a whole year while ALL OF YOU allow it to happen and SOME OF YOU even GO ONLINE on your stupid little SMARK FAN FORUMS and agree with them! The Bombshells locker room has HATED ME from DAY ONE that I got here because they were threatened by me. Period! And now?”

I took a pause as I stood back up.

“I bid all of you a ‘SCREW YOU’ and a ‘BURN IN HELL’ for NEVER being there for me! I don’t answer to you fucking people anymore! It’s time for me to be SELFISH and to not let YOU PEOPLE hold me down!”

At this point, I walked away. There were more catcalls and there was more name calling in my direction, but I completely ignored them all.

“This was it…” I recalled in a quick voice over. “This was the night where I finally had enough and said ‘fuck you’ to my so called fans. This was the night when I truly began to hold a grudge against this cancerous locker room that I have had to deal with. This was when I decided that ‘nice Andrea’ was dead and has STAYED dead! That Summer of Hell I went through last year? I’ll never forget it. I will never forget nor forgive the fans that abandoned me. And I especially never will forgive nor forget EVERYONE in that two-faced locker room that threw their hatred at me and STILL does because they’ve ALWAYS been jealous of me! Why should I forgive the same group of bitches that broke me down, buried me into the ground and pissed on my grave?

I shouldn’t!

And I never will!

When I win that SCW Bombshells Internet Championship this Sunday at Violent Conduct, I am going to rub it in ALL of your faces… especially those of you that wrote me off last summer. From the depths of despair, I got stronger and better. My first loss here, I said it was a ‘delay of the inevitable’.

Well come Violent Conduct?

I BECOME the inevitable… as the achievement I am about to accomplish always had been the moment it came out that I was part of this tournament.”

September 6, 2021

I let out a sigh as I arrived at the front door of my brother’s home in Sedona, Arizona.

“I really don’t want to be here but…” I paused to let out another sigh. “...you did want to meet the family that you have through our “ANGEL” of a dad…”

Savannah stood by me with an expression of curiosity combined with excitement on her face.

“I’m finally ready to do this, Andrea! I can’t want to meet part of a whole different side of my family that I’ve never had the chance to before.”

“Look, I just want you to know that… oh screw it! I’m going to let you form your own opinion. I’m not going to influence how you feel about them. But, you do know how I feel about them, right?”

“I understand…”

Saying no more, I took the opportunity to ring the doorbell. I was already rolling my eyes but I was able to keep them looking forward when Eduardo, my brother, answered the door. He was, of course, incredibly surprised to see me.

“Andrea?”

“Yeah, I’m here. Before you talk about how surprised you are, I just want you to know that I’m not here for me. I’m here for… well…”

I stood aside and allowed Eddie and Savannah to be in complete sight of each other.

“...are you my brother?” Savannah asked, much to Eddie’s shock.

“Oh. You’re… I’m sorry, I didn’t catch your name.”

“Savannah. The sister that our dad didn’t want to tell Andrea about.”

“You’re filling her head with exaggerations already, huh?” Eddie asked me.

“I’m not in the mood to fight, okay? This is about her meeting you and nothing more. Alright?”

“Sure… come in!”

Eddie seemed to be taking this sudden meetup quite well as we both entered his home. I realized that he was alone at the moment with his wife and kids not being around.

“Why don’t I give you a bit of a tour of the place, Savannah?” Eddie asked her.

“That would be great! Thanks!”

I had a largely indifferent feeling about this as I sat on the couch. Eddie began to show Savannah around the place and for the next while, I was happy to get lost in my phone…

A half-hour later…

I was still on my phone when I felt someone sitting next to me on the couch. I didn’t even bother paying attention, though I was about to.

“So?” I heard Eddie ask me. “How have things been with you?”

I rolled my eyes with annoyance.

“Andrea, listen. I may not agree with how you carry yourself with your career these days…”

“Where’s Savannah?”

“She’s spending some time in the backyard. She’s great, by the way. Bright spirit, very positive, wise beyond her years. She reminds me of you in many ways… well, the old you anyway. But, like I was saying, the way you act? I may not be a fan of that. But you’re still my baby sister and I’m always going to look out for you and make sure you’re okay. Things between us don’t have to be as awkward as they’ve been in the last year. I see you’ve been doing those political campaign skits and such…”

“Uh huh…” I said, disinterested in what he had to say.

“They entertain me, actually…”

“Really? I didn’t think you’d like those.”

“Putting aside the content, it does show you bringing a different side of yourself and really standing out. You do have more confidence than you did last year. I take it that things have been going well with you.”

“That’s an understatement…” I said with an arrogant scoff. “Since you want to keep up with me so much, it’s a safe bet that you’ve been keeping up with my career and you’ve seen how FUCKING DOMINANT I’ve been in 2021 with NOBODY being able to beat me at ALL! It’s fucking AMAZING!”

“You’ve done great for yourself inside the ring, I agree.”

“And my last match? Oh my fucking GOD! THAT was a THRILL! That stupid, annoying worthless little bitch Dani Weston… UGH, I hated her from the moment I saw her. Making her tap out… and probably making her cry as I shattered her fucking dream… it was delicious. Seriously! I enjoyed shattering her dream! You have no idea the amount of joy I felt in my heart knowing that she tapped out and destroyed her comeback. Knowing that she felt like SHIT and it was because of ME? Eddie, it is one of the best feelings in the world…”

Suddenly, I saw a look of concern in Eddie’s eyes.

“It’s like… I was really getting revenge by proxy on EVERYONE that ever wronged me and ruined my dream last year…”

“You beating someone made you feel that happy?”

“Of course!”

“You making someone else suffer… made you happy…”

I nodded with no remorse nor hesitation.

‘It’s an amazing feeling to be one win away from being a champion again and to stick it to the HATERS that tried to bring me down… especially KEIRA FISHER who was the MOST ANNOYING of them all and the LOUDEST one of them all! You know, that bitch tried to come into my space last Sunday and MAKE AMENDS with me? Can you believe that? After all that bitch said to me, now she wants to think it’s going to be okay? PFFT! Get real! I shot it down. Why should I believe it’s genuine? She’s annoyed me SO MUCH with all the LIES she puts out there about me and I am SO sick of her shit! Seriously! WHY should I even BOTHER trying to mend a torched bridge with someone that’s beneath me?”

“Maybe it’ll help you to finally heal and move on…”

“I’m sorry…” I said with a lack of amusement. This brought a sigh out of Eddie. I could already tell he was doing the very best that he could to hold back his anger. “...what?”

“Andrea, I get it…” he said with exasperation. “Last summer was hell for you. I understand you had a bad experience with two people trying to bury you into the ground and a handful of others dancing on the grave of your world title reign. I understand that Keira, when you faced her last year, said some things that really hurt you, bothered you and triggered a bunch of anger in you. I get that SCW is perhaps the most pressurizing, difficult company in the world to wrestle for. But when the hell are you going to get over all that?”

“When I win the Internet Championship…”

“Andrea…”

“Don’t even TRY to convince me otherwise. SERIOUSLY! This ALL started when I had my dreams shattered and my world title taken from me and ALL those fucking people laughed and mocked me and not only decried my title reign as a fluke, but also blamed ME for the world title being in decline even though there were two short reigns before mine with Roxi and Christina.”

“Well, do YOU feel like it’s your fault that the title was in the shape it was in at the time?”

“NEVER!”

“So WHY even be angry about it in the first place? If you don’t feel like you’re to blame for an OPINION to begin with, why be better over it? I agree with you that it wasn’t you, by the way.”

“It’s part of what those HORRIBLE PEOPLE have done to me, Eddie. Winning the Internet title is FINALLY going to make them shut up and REALIZE that I was NEVER a fluke and never will be!”

“You were never a fluke, but I can’t agree with everything else. If anything, they’re going to come at you harder to try to take that title from you because according to you, they hate you so much and you’re the last person anyone wants to see with that title.”

“Then fucking bring it on! I will shatter their dreams just like I did Dani’s and I’m going to ENJOY IT!”

“Andrea…”

“They’ve never shown ME any respect, so why should I respect them?”

“Savannah…”

“What?”

“Just spending a half an hour with her and getting to know her? I was incredibly happy. I felt a connection with her that reminded me of you. It was like getting to know the old Andrea all over again…”

“So what? You’re saying that Savannah is a weakling that is going to be taken advantage of and run over by anyone she ever meets? IS THAT IT?!?!?! Are you saying that she’s going to be this fragile WEAKLING that will ALWAYS be second best to someone ELSE?!?!?! HOW DARE you insult her like that! You compare her to THAT? What the FUCK is wrong with you?!”

Eddie just gave me a blank ‘are you fucking kidding me’ expression.

“Do you ever let go of ANYTHING, Andrea? ANYTHING at ALL?”

“Tell me ONE reason why I should let ANYTHING I’ve been through in the last year go, huh? Because THAT is what fuels me to become Internet Champion!”

“The Andrea that I knew? She was humble, gracious and grateful. When adversity knocked her down, she managed to shrug it off, get back up and find a different way to fight her battle and overcome the adversity. She never complained when things went against her and she was always up for any challenge. The woman I am talking to? When adversity knocks her down, she just whines and complains about it even AFTER she’s overcome it because she’s STUCK on the fact that the adversity even happened at all as if it was some sort of inconvenience and not on the fact that she overcame it and became a stronger woman out of it. The woman in front of me is self-absorbed, ungrateful and outright OBNOXIOUS! Hell, I don’t even know who the hell this Andrea even is…”

“EXCUSE ME?” I said with a shocked gasp.

“What the hell happened to my sister, Andrea? I can’t stand the fact that you can’t let go of anything and that you’re behaving like something you’re not. I HATE the fact that you do NOTHING but hold grudges these days!”

“That is NOT TRUE!”

“If it’s not true, then why do you refuse to make amends with Keira over some MEAN COMMENTS… that you have since rendered untrue… TWICE… that she said to you a year ago?”

“Because I HATE HER, that’s why… for even saying those words to begin with!”

“Doesn’t that prove the point that he just made?” Savannah said from a distance, catching me by surprise. I looked over at her and the disappointment in her face was extremely obvious. “Andrea, I love that I’ve gotten to know you and I admire your strength in being able to pull through all the adversity that you’ve been through, but you really do know how to carry a grudge and that really worries me. I’m scared that you’re doing nothing but bringing yourself down over what happened to you last year when you shouldn’t… not when you’ve long overcome it many times over. At some point, you have to let it go… and I think you’re beyond that point now. Why does it have to take winning another title for you to finally move on?”

I was definitely frozen with surprise when Savannah said those things to me.

“What if Keira Fisher is actually right about you?” Savannah asked me, angering me. Of course, I didn’t want to snap at her and hurt her so I let out my anger with a sigh.

“FINE!” I said with anger in my voice. “I’ll TRY to make amends with her…”

“You WILL make amends with her…” Eddie interjected, correcting me.

“Whatever.” I said with an arrogant scoff. “The only reason why I am even doing this is to PROVE that she is wrong about me and that’s it! By the end of this week? I’ll listen to what she has to say. But I’ll warn you both now. If she starts anything, she can FORGET about it ever happening!”

“All we ask is that you try…” Savannah reiterated. “You’re not mad at me, are you?”

“Never…” I said with a softer sigh. “I’m going to step outside for a minute if that’s okay. You two can just… I don’t know… bond or something.”

This time, it was me that was making my way to the backyard of Eddie’s house. With how intense everything just got back there, I definitely needed the breather. It truly pained me that I was actually going to take the step of attempting to make amends with someone I really didn’t like, but I also knew… even though I had way too much pride to admit it… that there was a piece of me that really wanted some positive closure as far as Roxi Johnson’s worse half and all the bullshit she’s ever put me through is concerned.

THE FOLLOWING MESSAGE HAS BEEN APPROVED BY ANDREA HERNANDEZ…

The video cuts to me sitting in my living room, still quite confident of my chances of becoming the SCW Bombshells Internet Champion.

“One win away! We are one win away from changing the SCW Bombshells Internet Championship for the better! Something that I will say about Mercedes Vargas, my election opponent, is that she is resilient. She just keeps coming back. Yet, she still holds herself down because she just refuses to evolve. Does someone who comes in with the same old shit deserve to be Internet Champion? No. Does someone like her who lives in her own delusions of grandeur deserve to be champion? No. But who DOES deserve to be champion? Well… let me just narrate my own video package and show you…”

The video reveals a special clip from Into the Void 2020 where I lost the World Championship…

“It all started here… where everything started to go incredibly wrong. It was gutting. It was, without question, the worst loss of my career. It was the start of the biggest adversity I have ever had to face…

The video shows a clip of me being pinned at last year’s Summer XXXtreme event and all but falling out of the world championship…

“A summer of hell where I lost four straight matches… and was straight up on a severe decline…

The next clip shows me being eliminated by Mercedes Vargas super early in a battle royal, one that I defeated myself in long before the match ever started…

“...all the way to rock bottom. This was the peak of me being ridiculed, mocked, torn to shreds… this was the peak of my summer of hell… and while I recovered from all of that and did what I had to do last year at Violent Conduct… it still wasn’t enough…”

Cue the clip of me losing that “I Quit” match to Christina Rose…

“Nobody suffered through more adversity in 2020 than me. Nobody had more to overcome than I did. Lesser wrestlers would’ve quit, but I didn't. I went into 2021 seeking to put ALL of that behind me and to silence haters like YOU…

Quick picture of Roxi Johnson.

“AND YOU…”

Quick picture of Seleana Zdunich…

“AND YOU…

Quick picture of Sam Marlowe…

“AND YOU… again…”

Quick picture of Keira Fisher.

“And you…”

Quick picture of Jessie Salco.

“AND YOU!”

Quick picture of Dani Weston.

“What I have accomplished this year is nothing short of an art form…”

The main epic cue of the classic “Requiem for a Dream” movie trailer music begins to play in the background as highlights of my total dominance play… starting with a clip of breaking a mug over Roxi’s head costing her the world title, then continuing on with me defeating Roxi in January, proceeding to defeating Seleana Zdunich at Blaze of Glory, then ‘shocking the world’ by defeating Ruby Steele, moving on to King Vinnie’s stupid battle royal that I won, then to my wins over Sam Marlowe at Into the Void and my two falls over her at Summer XXXtreme, then defeating Jessie Salco in round one of the tournament, then submitting Dani Weston in the second.

“ABSOLUTE DOMINANCE!”

The trailer music fades and it cuts back to me in my living room.

“NONE of the other seven competitors in that Internet Championship tournament deserved it more than ME! NONE of them were ready to be a champion again more than me! I deserve to be the Internet Champion the most because I took the adversity from last year and OVERCAME IT LIKE A CHAMPION! Most wrestlers fold, dealing with adversity like that, but I am not most wrestlers. I am a different breed, a BETTER breed and there is nothing you HATERS can take away from me no matter how many asterisks you want to force onto my record. I’ve already WON against you just from STAYING through the adversity that I had to deal with. I already won against the HATERS just by bouncing back from High Stakes and going on this amazing winning streak that I am on. I have already won against you HATERS just by being in this tournament… one that you didn’t even want me to be part of.

I have beaten you haters by being better through ALL the adversity that I have faced… unlike Mercedes Vargas who thinks she deserves it just because she’s collected a bunch of 60 day or less championship reigns.

Mercedes Vargas doesn’t know adversity because she denies its existence. She can never humble herself to admit that it is time to finally grow and evolve into something better: something she’s refused to do for years.

And you want THAT as your Internet Champion?

This year? Adversity has become MY BITCH!

You couldn’t beat me, HATERS! You have already lost.

Violent Conduct? I’m just running up the score!

I’m Andrea Hernandez and DUH, I DO approve of this message!

I roll my eyes with conceit and delight as the special campaign message fades out.

September 8, 2021

I was feeling sick to my stomach when I walked into the gym. I wasn’t here to work out or to train, as I had already taken care of that for the day. I was here to do the one thing I REALLY didn’t want to do. Just thinking about Keira Fisher made me sick and I could already feel that bitterness flowing through me. I looked around for her and it didn’t take me long to find her. She was just coming in from the hallway and I was just doing my best to keep my cool. Keira stopped walking as soon as she saw me.

“Are you looking for me?” she asked.

“As much as I don’t like to admit it, yes. Let’s just say that we need to have a conversation.”

“About?”

At this point I took a deep breath and sat down on a nearby bench.

“All I am going to say is, I’ve been thinking about things…” I said, partially lying. “...to make a long story short, whatever nonsense between us? Let’s just squash it.”

Keira found herself surprised by what I just said, but she didn’t seem to be in any way bothered by it. In fact, I could almost sense that she was even happy in some ways.

“I let loose so many things when you tried this the first time. I had held back so much of that for more than a year. I remember what you said before about those words that you said to me going into a match we had last year following that battle royal… about how you didn’t mean for those words to be hurtful and such… and maybe you’re right. Maybe they weren’t meant to be hurtful. But they were, Keira. They absolutely were. This is a rare time that I am EVER going to admit something like this to anyone, but I am going to admit it. When you were talking about how I was rock bottom, when you spoke about how I had really fallen hard since losing the Bombshells world title… I felt like dirt was being poured on a grave where my SCW career was dead and buried. Alright? Those words… I can’t BELIEVE I am admitting this… those words nearly pushed me out of SCW… and had I lost that match to you that night? I might as well have left… nothing against YOU personally… but… I just wanted the pain I was going through to stop…”

I narrowed my eyes trying in vain to suppress whatever sadness I had been feeling about that time that I was still carrying this entire time.

“What I felt when I heard those words? I felt worthless. I felt hopeless. I felt like my SCW career was going to go down the drain. I had to play the big tough girl at that time and really fire back at you the way I did and by no means do I regret it because I did what I had to do. But at that time, I was dying inside. Evie all but destroyed my spirit that summer and you were basically the vulture picking up the scraps that were left over. That’s why I have held such resentment toward you for so long.”

“I see…” Keira said, not deterred by the words that I just said. “I did mean what I said before in that they weren’t meant to hurt you. I get that you went through a lot. I get that it’s tempting to give up the fight at that point. I understand all of that, but it doesn’t give you an excuse to be bitter and to act and behave the way you do.”

I narrowed my eyes with some slight anger.

“Keira, I really hope you’re not trying to turn me back to that weakling I was last year…”

“I’m not, and you never were a weakling. I don’t like it, I don’t agree with it. But, you are who you are. You act the way you feel you need to act and there’s nothing I can do to change that.”

“So why all the cheap shots toward me? Why is it that prior to your match with Dani, you were turning the camera on and pleading with SCW management not to put me in that tournament?”

“With that, I didn’t think you deserved it because you’ve always come off ungrateful to me.”

“Ungrateful, huh? Funny, that’s a similar word that my brother used. Keira, you don’t know me. It may not seem that way to you, but I can never take for granted what I’ve been able to do the last year. You don’t think that I’m grateful that I managed to take all of that crap from last year, turn it around and make myself a better wrestler out of it? Because I am! I know in my heart that just about anyone else? They’re done for. Me? You think I don’t realize my own strength and the fact that I was able to pull through all that? Because I do. I overcame that. I overcame the Evie nonsense. I overcame the High Stakes embarrassment. I think about what I have overcome and how I managed to turn it all around every single day. I don’t forget what I had to overcome to do that. That adversity built me into the Internet Champion I am about to become.”

“The way you discuss that and the way you go about it seem to be completely different…”

“Okay, you want to bury this or do you want to judge me? For fuck’s sake, make up your mind for once.”

“I do want to bury this, but I also want you to see the results of your own actions. I truly don’t believe that you want to be the most hated bitch in SCW. I really think that embracing the hate as you put it, is your way of coping with it because it still bothers you. It is one thing to deal with all of the hate, grow a thicker skin, grow and mature from this and become a better wrestler out of it. It’s another to make a complete spectacle of it because you can’t get over it and to take everything everyone says to you so personal like you do. You let one person fuck you up psychologically and you just take it out on everyone else. That person isn’t even in SCW anymore. Sure, she took the world title away from you, but you are still here doing your thing and she’s gone. If you really want to see it from that perspective, who really won in the end?”

“I’m not sure where you are going with this. I HAVE become a better wrestler out of it…”

“You have. I am not going to deny that you have, but I am never going to be a fan of the way you did it. When you rose up from the dead and beat me after I said those hurtful words, I was frustrated to have lost, but a part of me was even happy for you that you found your spark and you were able to show me something. I thought you were about to turn things around… you have, just not the right way… and then you did what you did to Christina and it all went to hell. I’ve always admired your talent, but your attitude… holding onto one person for so long and taking it out on everyone else, holding onto that anger… I can never be a fan of that. I thought you discovering you had a sister and meeting her might have changed things for you…

“I really don’t need you bringing her into this, Keira. I’d rather not talk about that.”

“Why? Is it because you feel like a failure of a sister to her because of things that happened in SCW before you even met her?”

Chills just went down my spine as I remembered expressing these thoughts when I saw my unaired ‘rock bottom’ promo.  This chill was enough for me to not say a word.

“Losing a world title doesn’t make you a failure of a sister. However, the ‘Karen’ behavior does.”

“Don’t start with that shit again…”

“Your behavior has warranted it. If you don’t get what you want? You complain. If someone else gets something that you want? You complain. Even when you win, you complain. Like the other week when you beat me, you were still complaining about me, the stuff that I said to you… especially the stuff I said to you a year ago, and you were behaving like beating me wasn’t enough for you. Whether you want to admit it or not, Andrea, you do complain more than any other Bombshell in the locker room. It all ties back to losing the world title…”

“That title reign disgusts me…”

“It shouldn’t. You should be grateful that it even happened…”

“How? When everyone was blaming me for the world title being in ‘bad shape’ at the time?”

“Just let it go and move on. If you win the Internet title, you can be the champion that you wanted to be with the world title without resorting to holding on to that anger and calling out all the haters every single time.”

“Losing the title to someone like that… my dad dying… the fact that it took me forever to even get another shot at ANY title… like I WOULDN’T be angry.”

“Just let it all go, Andrea. Quit making excuses to stay a victim.”

“I’m NOT!”

“Then stop acting like one!”

“If I was being a VICTIM, I wouldn’t have bounced back the way I have! I would have ran off from SCW LONG before now! The results don’t lie! Dumping ‘nice Andrea’ is THE reason why I turned things around…”

“No, the reason why you turned things around is that you kept fighting. Your attitude has little if anything to do with that. I admit that everyone underestimates your strength… but at the same time, you do too. You could’ve done all this WITHOUT resorting to the behavior that you’ve shown. You’ve always had it in you. You just want to hide it because you’re worried that someone else will come along and rip it all apart again. Just let the anger go, Andrea. You don’t need it to beat Mercedes. You never did need it to come as far as you have this year in the ring. I’ve never hated you or even disliked you. You need to understand that.”

“I’ll forgive you and I’ll let it go on ONE condition: if you stop with the ‘Karen’ nonsense and just let me do my thing.”

“So you’ll bury this thing between us if I leave the ‘Karen’ thing alone? Sounds fair. I’ll do that if you quit making your title dreams and your campaign all about ‘sticking it to the haters’. You don’t need to be doing that.”

I let out a sigh, narrowing my eyes with annoyance.

“Promise me that this ALL stays between us and you have yourself a deal.”

“I won’t say a word about it to anyone.”

“Fine. Then I guess we have ourselves an understanding.”

I stood up and was about to leave, but Keira gently grabbed me and I turned around to look at her.

“We sure do… and I’m glad we’ve buried this between us…”

Keira extended her hand to me and I was reluctant at first. In any event, I shook it and she then turned and left me alone. While there was still SOME anger, it was starting to subside and I was even starting to feel a little of my own happiness…

“Yeah…” I said with a sigh of relief. “I’m glad for that too…”

I sat back down and really began to reflect on some things. I had one final ‘campaign speech’ to make… and with agreeing to tone down the ‘stick it to the haters’ rhetoric, I began to think about how I was going to be a little more focused on the positive side of the last year and not so much on all the vitriol I’ve had to endure repeatedly over the last year…

September 10th, 2021

The final rally…

My team was right in front of me…

Lorenzo, Angelica, Regina… and a bunch of cardboard cutouts of fans with pro-Andrea shirts photoshopped on every single one of them. I was two days away from competing for the Bombshells Internet Championship and I was really beginning to feel excited about it as I stepped out onto the amphitheater stage to cheers from my campaign team. An instrumental version of “One More Time” by Daft Punk was playing for a bit and I began to express my final thoughts about the SCW Bombshells Internet Championship match to come.

“Thank you, thank you! As I begin my final campaign rally before Violent Conduct, I wanted to educate you people on WHY I am one win away from becoming the SCW Bombshells Internet Champion. I can go into a usual spiel about talent and all of that garbage, but the fact of the matter is, I am about to become the SCW Bombshells Internet Champion because I am one of the STRONGEST women on the roster. I am not talking about strength as in lifting weights and literally throwing my weight around the ring. I am talking about psychologically. Prior to tonight, I was focusing so much on winning the Internet Championship to ‘stick it to the haters’ but then I realized that if I were to win it for that reason, I would give the HATERS power… and the way I see it? I have given them power and given them so much undeserved spotlight and attention for FAR too long. Sure, I have turned the hate toward me on its head, but the haters don’t deserve ONE MORE IOTA of attention. I am going to RISE ABOVE all of that nonsense because just the fact that I stuck through some hard times and managed to become a stronger and better wrestler is MORE THAN ENOUGH to say that I BEAT YOU HATERS! That’s all I have to say about that. My heart and my determination is going to take me to that Internet Championship. The WISDOM that I have developed over the last year has made me into the Internet Champion I am about to become. This isn’t about quieting the haters. It’s about showing this SORRY ASS DIVISION A REAL EVOLUTION THAT THIS DIVISION HAS NEEDED FOR AN ETERNITY!

I am NOT one of you OLD SCHOOL BOMBSHELLS that can’t let go and realize that your time is up. I came here to EVOLVE the division! THAT was my purpose for coming here and I am going to EVOLVE THIS DIVISION by WINNING the Bombshells Internet Championship and CONQUERING the representation of the status quo and Mercedes, honey, you know that’s you. You’ve had your time as the ‘resident Latina legend’, and I use that term loosely as it pertains to you by the way, of the Bombshells division. Well bitch, STEP ASIDE because Violent Conduct is going to see the NEW Latina legend of this division be CORONATED not JUST as the Internet Champion, but the role model for Latina women EVERYWHERE and the role model for what a new age Bombshell will look like. THAT is what drives me now, Mercedes. You? Always the selfish, stubborn, lackadaisical, delusional woman that will NEVER evolve past your old hubris. Of COURSE I read your blog and SO much of it was laughable. It’s as ignorant as one would expect… not to mention repetitive because THERE YOU GO AGAIN about what you accomplished yesterdecade. You write about how you’re here to advance your own career… AND THAT’S THE PROBLEM… not necessarily the ‘advance career’ aspect of it because DUH, we’re all here for that, but that seems to be your only initiative anymore.

Do you want to rise up and evolve the division? No. YOU, Mercedes, are one of the people that REALLY hold this division back. You rest on your fucking laurels and brag about what you’ve done and your best argument against ALL of the criticism that you have been dealing with for years is ‘I still did it, so what?’. That is the attitude of a DOWNRIGHT LOSER, Mercedes. Trust me. I know. Last year, there was a former world champion that went into her rematch against all odds and stated that she wasn’t ashamed of her reign and how short it was because she still accomplished it and that’s all that mattered. You know who that former world champion was, Mercedes? It was ME! It was ME making a FUCKING STUPID mistake going into Summer XXXtreme and weakly defended something that was TERRIBLE the whole time. The difference between you and I is a little something you’ve forgotten about: something called INITIATIVE! If, in a hypothetical scenario, you were to win the title on Sunday, and then lose it to someone like Keira two weeks later, then it wouldn’t matter to you. Your lack of initiative is what has you saying ‘well, I still WON the tournament and the Internet title and that’s all that matters and that further validates my claim as one of the best ever’. To hell with that, Mercedes. If that were to happen to me, I’d be SO PISSED! I would be SO UPSET and I would be saying “NO! FUCK THAT! I’m NOT letting it end that way! I’m taking that title back and I’m going to raise HELL doing so.”

I don’t SETTLE, Mercedes. I am not you. You just want the title reign just to say that it happened. What the FUCK kind of initiative is that? I not only WANT the championship, I want to DOMINATE with it! I want to challenge Myra and 350 day reign and destroy EVERYONE that comes my way. I want to CONQUER that 350 day record. I want to dominate as the champion as I’ve been doing all year long to show this division that the EVOLUTION of it isn’t someone like Amber Ryan who has to constantly remind everyone how much of a badass she supposedly is, it isn’t someone like Myra Rivers who is so damn old and who hasn’t evolved ANYTHING since GCW a few years back. The EVOLUTION of this division is ME, because I am not just a fresher face that is just hitting her prime here, I am the BEST NEW BOMBSHELL TO JOIN THIS COMPANY IN THE LAST TWO YEARS! PERIOD! You write in your blog about resilience, further proving your delusion.

Bitch, you know NOTHING about resiliency. Resiliency is NOT getting back up to fight another day no matter how many times you lose. No, that’s complacent. Resiliency is NOT sneaking in a title reign ‘year after year’ as you so put it and having that reign be shorter than 60 days. What that is? It’s the blind squirrel finding her annual nut, that’s what that is and you’ve already exceeded your quota with your little GRIME title run and somehow pulling one out over Bobbie. You want to write about ‘learning from your mistakes’? How the FUCK do you learn from your mistakes, Mercedes? By coming out and saying and writing and doing the same old thing and continuing to maintain the same old mentality and by beating the same drum over and over and over again? That’s not learning from your mistakes, that’s making the same damn mistakes again and again and again. That’s you doing the same fucking thng all the time expecting a different result… which is the definition of insanity by the way, but I digress. You! Have! Learned! NOTHING…

YOU FUCKING! STUPID! BITCH!

I have never met someone with their delusional head shoved SO far up their ass, I swear to god. It’s this toxic cycle. You wrestle a match. Someone rightfully calls you out for being old and irrelevant. You respond by showing your collection of 60 day or less title reigns in their faces saying that this proves you are one of the best. Then you go out there and do the same damn thing you’ve been doing since 2013 or however long you’ve been in SCW, more often than not, you lose, and then you get booked in another match and it is the same fucking thing again. Every single match you make the mistake of hanging on to your past and hanging on to your ‘glory years’ thinking that it’s going to be enough to help you win against someone even though seven times out of ten it does not and you make that mistake over and over and over and over…

Tell me again how that is ‘learning from your mistakes’? You want to know what learning from your mistakes is?

It’s realizing that you are never going to be loved in that locker room after you spent the first year of your tenure in SCW trying to please everyone and trying to give them something to respect.

Learning from your mistakes is realizing that you had held yourself down trying to pander to a family that was doing nothing but leech off of you, caring so much for what your peers and the fans think of you, and taking to heart the WORTHLESS OPINIONS of WORTHLESS PEOPLE and then turning it ALL around and DISMISSING said worthless opinions from worthless people, not giving a crap about what the fans think and discarding the family legacy that you had fought in the name of for so damn long.

Learning from your mistakes is realizing that you were too damn nice and too damn much of a pushover that you change your whole attitude around, grab the bull by the horns, stand up to the idiots that were never going to appreciate you in the first place and silence them every single time you step in that ring.

Realizing your mistake, taking ACTION upon it and GROWING from that is how you learn from your mistakes and Mercedes, I can’t think of a damn time you’ve ever done any of that. Don’t talk to me about resiliency being as shallow as adding another 60 day reign or less to your career collection of them. Talk to me when you go through the worst fucking summer of your life with something that you worked SO HARD to win for your WHOLE career being taken away from you WAY sooner than you want it to, have that event shatter your confidence, have a parent of yours die on top of that, and going through the most EMBARASSING MOMENT OF YOUR CAREER: being eliminated EARLY from a battle royal by someone like YOU…

...don’t revel in that… I AM avenging that and then some at Violent Conduct…

...then going through ROCK BOTTOM when someone on the roster writes you off as old news…

Talk to me when you go through ALL of that and yet, you SILENCE the person that wrote you off as old news, you WIN in the same match type as the most embarrassing moment of your career, have a DOMINANT, UNDEFEATED YEAR, and become the absolute BEST that you’ve ever been on your way to winning the SCW Bombshells Internet Championship. THAT, Mercedes, is RESILIENCY… overcoming the WORST that the business has ever thrown at you to become stronger and better than ever! Sure, you may have had a few resilient moments in your time, but it will NEVER, EVER compare to what I have done in the past year and how I overcame the WORST FUCKING STRETCH OF MY CAREER since dealing with Myra’s horrific ABUSE in GCW to become better than ever. You can not even think of ONE chapter of your career that matches that… and don’t even bother trying to dig one out of the basement, Mercedes, because I am sure that whatever you find down there is going to be as boring and repetitive as your entire career.

But what do I know? I’m not the ‘hardest working female in SCW”. Double duty doesn’t prove THAT, Mercedes. If you were truly a hard working woman, you would have… you know, EVOLVED instead of being stuck in 2013? Let’s do a little rapid fire bullshit with some of the things you said in your promo.

I am where you need to be at? What would that be? Outdated City?

You can ‘afford to rest on your laurels as a Hall of Famer’. Translation: I have nothing to prove and the way I have wrestled the last few years with having a combined nine wins in the last two calendar years combined is certainly wrestling like I am resting on my laurels. Shit, why would I want that ‘luxury’ of being able to rest on my laurels? There’s no pride in that. I could never lower myself to doing that because unlike you, Mercedes, I am MOTIVATED. You are right about one thing… barely… you know… about being “as big” as you USED to be? That’s because I am ALREADY bigger and ALREADY have a higher standard of credibility than you do, maybe not in an inflated title count, but in the fact that unlike you, I EVOLVE, unlike you, I STAY MOTIVATED and unlike you, of course, I FUCKING WIN and even through my streak of dominance, I STILL never rested on my laurels because this winning streak is NOT good enough for me… not without the Internet Championship. So sure honey, bring that arrogance into Violent Conduct. Act like you’ve got this won because ‘you’ve done it before’ and you can ‘rest on your laurels’ knowing that you’ve ‘done everything’. Hug that time machine set to 2013 all you want, because at the end of the day you are NOT beating me, you CAN NEVER beat me one on one and you are NOT going to delay what has always been inevitable throughout this entire tournament and that is ME winning it and becoming the NEW SCW Bombshells Internet Champion.

Sunday night, “Cinderella”, the clock strikes midnight on this miracle tournament run that you somehow pulled out of your ass. And come Violent Conduct? After I defeat you to become the new Internet Champion? I am going to expose this tournament run for you as the same thing your entire career here truly is Mercedes…

A MIRAGE that was ALWAYS too good to be true!

For the final time of this campaign?

I’m Andrea Hernandez and I APPROVE THIS MESSAGE!

My campaign team was cheering me as “Beautiful Day” by U2 started to hit the amphitheater speakers. I blew a kiss in their direction before I turned around and walked out of the final campaign rally more confident and determined than ever to finally be a champion in Sin City Wrestling again...

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Re: ANDREA HERNANDEZ v MERCEDES VARGAS - INTERNET FINALS
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2021, 11:29:10 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 5 al 12 de septiembre de 2021

So it all comes down to this.

It all comes down to who wants it more.

For five weeks, eight of the most talented Bombshells in Sin City Wrestling scratched and clawed and fought their way to survive an elimination tournament to crown a new Bombshell Internet Champion.

And now, it’s down to one match. The winner goes home with gold around their waist and a sense of pride knowing that they were the best, not to mention bragging rights by winning the tournament. The loser goes home with nothing to show for it, except regret and “what if’s”, and wounded pride.

Somehow, I knew it would.

Despite what I think about her, Andrea Hernandez is as tough as they come, but at the same time she knows that I'm one of the few Bombshells on the roster who isn't going to stand around and take any of her bullshit. I don't know, maybe I'm the minority here. Maybe I'm the only one who has taken off the rose colored glasses and see Andrea for what she truly is. This sob story and turning over a new leaf is great for her ego. It's great for her self-confidence, but let's face it: It's all a copout.

It took Evie Jordan to knock her off that pedestal when she was Bombshell Champion.

Evie knocked her off the mountain when she pinned her to retain in the triple threat with Alicia Lukas.

Now it's my turn to make sure Andrea doesn't get back up there with a new championship.

But if she wants to look past me, if she wants to see me as just another name, if she thinks of me as just a pebble in her shoe instead of a road block in her path, if she looks at me as some pushover and don't want to take me seriously, that's fine. I'm okay with that. I have a very good track record of proving people wrong. I’ll spare you the details of the women I’ve beaten for titles over the years.

It’s quite an extensive list.

Everything I have fought for has led me to this moment and this Sunday when I defeat Andrea Hernandez and become Bombshell Internet Champion it will be the greatest night in SCW history because I will make history one more time not just becoming a two-time champion and the only woman to win every title in the women’s division at least twice, but also winning title number 13 and becoming Bombshell Grand Slam Champion again. No one else has done that more than once. I’m about to accomplish that for the third time.

Some women on the roster are happy to claim a roster spot, as long as the check clears. Others are just here to see their BFFs and not much else. I came here to win championships.

Andrea, I know this is probably not the match you were expecting in the tournament final, certainly not an all-Latina final, but have a heart. You just might like our match. In your mind, you're probably thinking this will be just another night in the office, and that's fine. I can understand if you were to try every conceivable way to get through the night and finally get the vindication you’re after - real or imagined. The reality is you’re not going to get off that easy because you're going to have to work twice as hard to walk out of Anchorage, Alaska with the Bombshell Internet Championship. They say you’re the odds-on-favorite to win. I don't have to ease the doubt in anyone's mind because people already know what's going to happen. And I get it, everyone thinks you’re about to steamroll your way to another dominant victory. You’re undefeated, I'm not. It would be fair to say that the odds aren’t in my favor. I wouldn't be surprised if a poll was taken right now that says I have zero chance of winning. But isn't it funny how it's always the dark horse that comes away with everything, overcoming the odds and leaving everyone speechless? Or that bump in the road that turns over that bandwagon? If you’ve followed my career, you know that against all odds, I’ve ran the table. At the end of the day, undefeated streaks aren't everything. Ask Apple Coren, ask Charlotte Elliot, ask Keira Fisher-Johnson, ask Bobbie Dahl. You know what they all have in common? I was the one who ended their streaks.

I think you already made it crystal clear how you feel about me. You just can't stand me. I would go as far as to say you downright hate me. Not that I blame you, you're not alone. You question my victories and relish in my losses over some of the more prominent names in this company, my ascension to somewhere you can only hope to one day be, but will never achieve? If you were able to accomplish even a third of what I've done in my so-called mediocre career, maybe then you wouldn't be the bitter, spiteful, and resentful of my success like a lot of the Bombshell locker room.

I know I'm a nightmare for anyone who stands across from me in that ring and I've proven that again and again. Before my prime, in my prime, past my prime, it doesn't matter. Go ahead and puff out your chest a little more and make all the bold declarations you want to. While you're at it, Andrea, go ahead and keep saying I've been coasting in my career or that I haven't faced real competition. Mock my win-loss record if it makes you happy. None of that will matter come Sunday, Andrea. The stats you’ll bring up, my win-loss record, who I beat in the tournament. All of that is irrelevant at Violent Conduct so don’t question how I got here but that I am here because when you walk down to the ring and look in my eyes, you as a first time challenger for the Bombshell Internet Championship, myself a former champion.

As you stare across from me…

As you see my soul through these eyes, the fire that burns, it’ll all be something that you’ve never seen before and you will see as better than you’ve ever seen me. So bring the numbers, call me all the names you want under the sun, try your damndest to downplay my title reigns, accolades, and accomplishments. You can throw my past back in my face, but that doesn’t worry me because that’s something I’m going to own, not run away from. I'm not going to hide it. I've had a lot of success over the years, that much can't be argued. I've taken my knocks, I've lost more than my fair share. But you know what happened after that? I got back up. I always get back up. And now that I’m more focused? All that matters is when I either put you to sleep, make you tap, or knock you the hell out in the center of that ring.

So if I were you, and I'm SOOOOO glad I'm not, I'd be counting them down, sweetheart. No, not the moment until you become champion, not how long I'll be on my back either. But counting on any doubts you have about my competitive drive before Sunday magically disappearing when I whip your ass like a red-headed stepchild. You're hoping for my worst, I'm ready for your best. So don't come looking for me, because I'm coming for you. And you better do everything humanly possible to avoid getting my hands on you, because the instant I do, I can't promise it well end well for you.

For me to make history one more time at Violent Conduct, for me to achieve my dreams, I have to crush yours, Andrea, simple as that. You may be the baddest bitch in the building, but you're going to be put down like one. And I still plan to knock that chip off your shoulder and wipe that smile off your face and having my hand raised and being declared the last woman standing. I don't care that you share the opinion of everyone in this company, I don't care how confident you are, I'm that much more. I'm always hungry, but I'm never satisfied. Although being a twelve-time champion is great, I like being a thirteen-time champion even better. Come Sunday, I'm walking in a challenger, but I'm walking out champion once again. Maybe even a double champion when I wipe the floor with Amy Santino to open the show.

Sometimes you're the student, sometimes you're the teacher, and sometimes you're the lesson. I'm not just the standard, but the exception to the rule. At Violent Conduct, you're going to learn that lesson real fast come Sunday in Anchorage, Alaska and you can learn that lesson the easy way, or I can teach it to you the hard way. Either way, it’s time for the final exam.

~~~

S A N T A M O N I C A • C A L I F O R N I A

Mercedes raises an eyebrow her smartphone goes off. The display shows the incoming call is from her parents via Facetime. Mercedes shakes her head, sighs, then puts on a fake smile and answers.

Mercedes: Oh hey, it’s my parents!

Either they didn’t notice her monotone or didn’t care, they speak excitedly in English.

Estelle: Aw there she is! Hi, sweetheart!

The video cuts between Estelle on her phone now and again. Fernando will pop in and out of frame.

Fernando: You ready for your trip to The Great White North?

Mercedes: Dad, that’s Canada. I’m going to Alaska?

Fernando: Right. I knew that. I was only testing you.

Fernando brings out a fat three-ring binder which appeared to be filled with travel notes.

Fernando: Your mom and I did this over two days at favorite coffee shops, looking at a map and doing a lot of googling where to stay and information about the various towns along the way. Who knew Alaska had so many towns?

Mercedes: Good. Great. Grand. Wonderful.

Estelle: Yeah? Everything you ever hoped for?

Mercedes: Everything I ever planned for. Couldn’t be happier. With parents like you, who needs adoption?

Fernando pops his head into frame.

Fernando: Turns out the adoption part was true. How did you found out?

[Estelle pokes her husband in the ribs and gives him a crossed look. Mercedes doesn’t even begin to answer. The discovery was clearly obvious as Mercedes shakes her head. Of course, her father always knew how to lighten the mood.[/i]

Estelle: Aw, you poor thing.

Mercedes: Mom.

Estelle: Que latisma! ¿Quieres hablar de ello?
That’s too bad. Do you want to talk about it?

Mercedes: Mom. Mom -

Estelle: Escuchaste eso? Mercedes y Mickey - Ellos rompieron. ¿Te lo puedes creer, Fernando?
Did you hear that? Mercedes and Mickey – they broke up. Can you believe it, Fernando?

Mercedes: Mom! You know what-- it’s been a really long cycle , and I have a match again this weekend. I should really -

Estelle: That’s right, mija. You get some rest! Carpe died. Seize the day!

Fernando: Wouldn’t want to disappoint your fans.

Estelle: Bye bye, Mercedes! Safe travels!

Mercedes gives an eyeroll to her parents.

Mercedes: Yeah, bye.

She hangs up, defeated. She can almost hear the radio cueing up again right about now. With that, Mercedes throws her smartphone on the sofa and retreats to the living room. The couch was bare, throw pillows were scattered on the floor. Mercedes spins around in place before plops down near the far end of the sofa. She speaks quietly to herself.

Mercedes: Tomorrow’s another day...

Another day that leaves her that much closer to decision day. She wasn’t ready. Sunday would be here before she knew it and the only thing she can think about now is her next match. And all the trouble that went along with it.

•••

The proverbial dog days of summer has already one gone, though unofficially that ends on Labor Day. Mercedes Vargas has been on a roll in both SCU and SCW in what was a rough start to 2021. Already 16 matches into the year since the calendar flipped to September, she was hoping that her recent run was a sign of things to come for the first time in a long time. Maybe, just maybe, things were turning the corner.

It's been a long, at times frustrating, journey back to championship contention for Mercedes. She was hoping it wouldn't stop there at Violent Conduct. And yet maybe, just, maybe things were turning the corner.

The Bombshell Internet Championship Tournament was the breakthrough she was waiting for. And now it was down to the final. To say this weekend victory won't be so easy was an under. Then again, she never wanted it to be. They say you're never as good as everyone tells you when you win, and you're never as bad as they say when you lose. You’re only as good as your last match. Or in Mercedes’s case, the next one. There's less than three months left before the end of the year and history says that Mercedes usually ended the year with a bang. Would this year be any different? She hoped so, if her career record in September matches had anything to do with it.

Mercedes steps back for a minute as a group of kids run pasts her. Mercedes continues walking and talking with Irma and Ricardo, dividing her attention between the ground and looking ahead. The orange glow bathes on the city.

Mercedes: I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the Bombshell Internet Championship. It's almost insulting. I can't...I can't do this anymore.

Irma: Now you're talking crazy. This might be the only chance you'll ever be champion again.

Mercedes: I'm good enough to win every championship in the division, I'm good enough to win back the Bombshell Internet Championship, the right way, which I did.

Ricardo: Who says you can't do it again?

Irritation crossed her face and she gave her Ricardo a level look.

Mercedes: If winning the Bombshell Championship was easy, everybody would be one. The problem with that logic is not everybody will have lucked out like I did. I made my career in Sin City Wrestling. I gave everything I had in that place and I’ve just about had it with the disrespect.

I already had an impressive resume behind me and could have asked for the world title match right then and there, but I didn’t because I know what it means to earn your keep.”

There's a thin line between conviction and stubbornness, and the latter have been associated with Mercedes, more often than not. She next heads out to the balcony where we find laundry hanging above a courtyard.

Irma: Some people get wet, some people enjoy the rain.

Mercedes: Confucius?

Irma: Roger Miller.

With a knowing smile, Mercedes mouths "sorry", shrugs, and turns away, leaving the her friends to stare after her.

~~~

Present Day ♦ L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

[REC•]

The camera warms up on Mercedes sitting cross-legged on a beanbag chair, slightly pensive to the events of the past few weeks, and for the weeks to come.

“Did your homework, Andrea? I’m impressed. Word of advice, though: Don’t study me, you won’t graduate. Just when you thought you knew all the answers, I keep changing the questions.

“I’m glad you got all that vitriol out of your system and yet you say so little for someone who talks so much. So did you forget to do something last week that will instill this fear in me? Should I be quaking in my boots?

“I won't.

I’m not.

Sorry to break it to you.”

Mercedes offers an nonchalant shrug while mouthing the word "sorry". The offer was non-negotiable. On paper, this was Andrea’s match to lose. It was clear to anyone that she had the better record, the most wins, and the fewest losses. She's had an incredible year, Mercedes wasn’t blind to that.

“This is no comeback story, mirame. I’m looking to continuing my legacy at Violent Conduct and either I leave that supercard a hero by ending your unbeaten streak and spoiling your campaign so we don’t have to hear your irritating voice anymore or stay long enough to see myself once again become the villain and stay in the title hunt. Should you win, you’re probably thinking that I’m going to be sent to the back of the line, but know this that it’s going to be an express line because like it or not, believe it or not, there isn’t a woman alive on this roster who can stop me from getting what I want. You see me as overrated, I see it as the result of hard work, dedication, and passion. We'll agree to disagree I guess.”

Mercedes swipes a hand over her face. The once proud smile she had has transformed into a serious expression. It was time to address the matter of the opponents that stood across her from her in a serious light.

“But this isn’t about me, this is mostly about you. This isn’t about why my failures make you happier than your own success. This isn’t about the idea that you think I’m overrated, this is about you thinking that in your mind that I’m supposedly one of your so called haters. Andrea, I kinda hate to tell you this but it needs to be said: Stop trying so hard. You’re acting like a petulant child right now and it’s really embarrassing. The difference between me and you is that when people hate you, they will let you know it; people hate me in secret because they won’t admit it. You trash your haters every chance you get; I welcome mine and hope they have a nice stay and I’ll even give them the red-carpet treatment. My distractors are many, but if I believe in myself then that’s about the best damn validation I’ll ever need.

Haters come, haters go. I continue to do my thing. That’s why I’ve thrived for so long.”

Nothing else needed to be said. The look on her face told the story. She divides her attention between the ground and the camera.

“Thing is Andrea, I’m not going to give you a hard time and point out your flaws or make you feel miserable. I’m not jealous of your success because there’s nothing you have done that I need to be jealous about. I won’t hype myself up by bringing another woman down but I won’t make excuses for myself either. It’s all about situation and opportunity in SCW and call it what you want and debate on who we beat - or didn’t get to beat - in the tournament, we’re simply in this spot not by claiming it, but by earning it.

No, I'm not looking to take the easy way out. Real champions stare adversity in the face and tackle it head on. I've been doing that for 12 years, sweetheart, including the last eight in this company.

This match? No cheating necessary, just the will to win.

Mercedes takes a deep breath, brushes away a few strands of her hair from her eyes.

“For you Sunday is a mere formality to the top. You better be right. Because it’s now or never. As the attention seeker you are, all eyes will be on you Sunday. And if you fail, it will be the last time you can say that.

“If there is anyone who is bona fide, certified, and qualified to put a stop to your campaign then SCW management found the right one. If there is any Bombshell you think you can intimidate, you found the wrong one, and if there is any Latina who is going to be the next Bombshell Internet Champion, they got the best one. So, how do you defeat the undefeated? How do you prepare for the unknown? I don't know, I'm not sure, but it will be fun to find out. By virtue of having your name across from mine, it will be my honor to give you that first loss this year.

“I have cemented my name among the all-time greats and have beaten the best that SCW has to offer. If you wanted competition, all you had to do was ask. At Violent Conduct, you get to face the gatekeeper of the Bombshells Division, and I know I'm more than you can handle.

“Yours truly, Mercedes Vargas, is back to her winning ways and someone is going to end up on my checklist. I think I have a pretty good idea who that could be. Hope springs eternal and it will only be a matter of time, a matter of when, not if, and a matter of who I'll have to go through to get championship gold around this waist. And if you don’t believe me, just watch.

“For Andrea, Sunday won't be an audition, it will be a reminder.”

Looking deadset into the camera lens, her voice drops to a whisper though her words hold conviction behind them. She pauses, mostly for dramatic effect.

“Mucho antes de que ella supiera y mucho después de que lo recuerde.”
"Long before she knew and long after she'll remember.”

"Estar preparado para lo peor, esperar lo mejor."
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

She pauses for effect, lowering her voice just above a whisper.

"Y que la suerte está siempre en su favor.”
"And may the odds be ever in your favor."

The scene fades on Mercedes flashing a smile and waving back at the camera before we fade to black.

***Fade***

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)