Author Topic: Ramblings of a Mad Man  (Read 665 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Ramblings of a Mad Man
« on: August 27, 2021, 11:59:32 PM »
Tuesday Night
Philadelphia, PA

Miles made his way through the hallway with a huge smile on his face as he came across the surprise win on PWS: Apex Riot. A match that turned out to be a lot bigger than he originally thought.

He couldn’t believe it, Alexis had talked the “powers that be” into a contenders match....

And she slipped up and he capitalized.

He lost it, as soon as he powdered and made his way up the ramp. That bitch looked so dejected....

She brought it all on herself. His smile was as wide as possible. A real smile.

That was the boost he needed. A shot in the arm in the form of confidence. He was going to be able to walk into Seattle with his head held high. But he also knew what he faced.

Caleb Storms

“At least this time it will be a regular match,” he said to himself.

Not that he didn’t enjoy that Tuxedo match between himself and Alex last week, in fact he decided to have it framed because he wanted to remember it that much.

But Caleb.

He sat down on top of a box and slapped his head, “Get out of your head, Milo. You want a shot at that Internet Title? Then get out of the emptiness between your years. You’re better when you just don’t think and let it flow. You have put yourself through too much to let this get in your head. You are a fuckin’ WOLF and a PIRATE! You are the Don FUCKIN’ Carnage of the wrestling world. SO DON’T LET YOUR PAST BE YOUR FUCKING PRESENT!”

But yet, IT’S CALEB!

“Just can’t be normal for once can we? Just can’t show all your hard work, and how you bust your arse in the gym day in and day out. Can’t just shake your arse, do a little dance and move on. NO, you have to worry over and over and over about the dumb shit you do in the past. And yet here I am...talking to absolutely fucking no one but thin air, the wall, that lighting tech over there that I KNOW IS LISTENING TO MY PRIVATE CONVERSATION....I SEE YOU OVER THERE DOUG!”

The guy that he was pointing to gives a side eye look and scoots off camera.

“That’s what I thought. I mean, I guess the brick wall is as good as any....cause that’s how all my friends act towards me anyways. Ello wall, how are you doing today? Oh fine? Just holding everything up? ME TOO! But even my foundation is crumblin’ just a tad. I can’t seem to get past being completely fucked over, I can’t get past my friends in the own little world and not gonna lie but if the next person I come across just wants to screw me...at least they can buy me dinner first!”

He turns around running his hand through his crazy hair and freezes when his blue green eyes meet a pair of big brown eyes. An awkward silence fills the air.

"Oh my! So sorry, I...WOW, abs. Mmkay, pull it together...hi! I'm uhhh...I think I'm lost. My name is Becca...s-sorry…"

“It’s quite alright, you just...ramblings of a crazy man. I’m Milo - er, Miles. Who were you lookin’ for?”

"Umm...technically? PWS:Apex...I was supposed to do some profiles on people that are in both companies...wait, aren't you?”

“That I am. How about I buy you a cuppa in catering?” 

Becca looks around nervously trying not to look at his abs as she shyly points "Sh-should you...shirt?"

Miles looks down and realizes he’s still drenched in sweat, “Ok...how about I meet you there.”