Author Topic: Breaking The Internet  (Read 627 times)

Offline Malachi

• View Profile
    • Malachi
Breaking The Internet
« on: August 27, 2021, 11:27:32 PM »
Friday, August 20
Mount Sinai Hospital

New York City

They had finally made it to the hospital, but just barely. When Malachi and Bella Madison hurried into the waiting area that had been specially reserved for the family, they were told that Alanah was just being prepped to head to the OR. A few hours passed by, everyone on edge with anticipation, when Jack walked into the room, still wearing the surgical gown and head covering and a huge smile on his face.

I’m a daddy!” he whooped loudly.

Everyone rushed up to congratulate him and bombard him with questions, which he answered as best he could until the doctor showed up to tell everyone that although there had been some slight complications, both babies and Alanah were doing fine. They were about to transport all three back to their room, and then the family would be allowed to visit two at a time.

Levi and Emma were naturally first, and they spent a good 45 minutes there. When they exited the room, they were both beaming proudly and Emma was dabbing at the corners of her eyes. Even Levi’s eyes were a little bit red, and he sniffled a bit as Lachlan and his mother were next to visit.

Soon enough, it was time for Mal and Bella to enter the room, and Mal practically had to restrain Bella from running full-tilt into the room. But when they walked in to see Alanah holding a blue-swaddled baby and Jack holding a pink one, even Mal had to fight back the urge to cry. Alanah smiled at her brother and sister-in-law, though she looked exhausted and somewhat pale. Mal leaned down to hug her gently, mindful of the baby in her arms.

Hey there, Lanah-bean. How are you doing?” he asked.

Well, let’s just say that I’m glad it’s all over,” she said, with a small laugh. A faint coo drew both of their attention, and Mal looked down into the face of his baby nephew. “Malachi, this is your nephew Patrick Ronan.” She looked over to Jack cradling the other twin, with Bella adoringly looking over his shoulder. “And that is your niece Elise Siobhan.

He blinked a few times, and this time he let the tears fall from his eyes. “You named them after Da and Jack’s mom?

Alanah nodded. “When I knew it was going to be a boy and a girl, I just knew that it was the right fit.” A few tears formed in her eyes. “And with today being the day that Da…

He sat down on the bed beside her and carefully wrapped an arm around her shoulder, as she buried her face in his and a few sobs escaped. “Sorry, I don’t mean to be so emotional…

Alanah, you just gave birth. I think you have every right to be as emotional as you want,” Mal said, slightly teasing. “The names are absolutely perfect. You did an amazing job.

Alanah gave him a warm smile, and then shifted Patrick in her arms. “Do you want to hold him?

There wasn’t even a moment’s hesitation as he nodded eagerly and held his arms out. As soon as the warm little bundle was in his arms, he felt a sense of happiness and peace envelop him that he hadn’t felt in a long time. He stared down at his nephew’s face, and the baby blinked sleepily at him and cooed happily. The smile grew on his face until his cheeks ached and he leaned down to softly press his lips to Patrick’s forehead.

He glanced up to see Bella cradling little Elise, but her gaze was locked on him with an emotional smile on her own face. When he saw Bella with the baby in her arms, he knew that without a doubt he wanted the two of them to have a child of their own...but that was a discussion to be had later. Instead, he smiled back at her warmly, and they carried on their visit with the babies.

-----------

And just like that, I move on in the tournament. Like there was any fuckin’ doubt.

With a derisive scoff and a roll of his eyes, Malachi folded his arms across his chest and glared down the camera lens. “I sent that Troll packing back to whatever bridge he lives under, despite his deluded claims to the contrary. I told him I wasn’t coming back to fuck around. I’m in this tournament to go all the way and claim that Internet title, and I’m damn sure going to do it. I don’t care who gets in my way. There is not a man on this roster that is going to stop me from advancing to the finals and getting my hands on that title.

He uncrossed his arms to rest them on his hips, pacing the floor of his home gym a few times. “This week, the unfortunate sod who stands across from me just happens to be Bill Barnhart. At least I get an actual wrestler this week, not some blowhard trying to cosplay as one. Although Bill’s as much of a blowhard as the Troll anyways, at least he has a decent amount of skill in the ring.” Malachi smirked. “Nothing compared to me, however. You remember the last time we danced in the ring, old timer? Back last year, you and your little woman decided to step up to Bella and I, and we sent you back to the doghouse. Probably with a concussion, with how many times I smashed your head in. This time, it’s one on one. No wifey for you to fall back on. And you’re just another obstacle on my path to the Internet title.

He came back to centre and folded his arms against his chest again. “And just like I did with the Troll, I’m going to beat you six ways from Sunday, pin you in the middle of that ring, and go on to finally claim my first piece of singles gold in this company. The Troll couldn’t stop me, you sure as hell aren’t going to, and no other dope in this entire tournament is going to, either. I’ve worked too long and too hard to let some flat-faced mouth breather claim what I deserve. So do yourself a favour on Sunday night, Bill. Stay in the back, and stay out of my way.

With a final sneer and a thumb across his throat, Malachi stalked off-screen, putting his hand up to the camera lens as it cut suddenly to black.