Author Topic: AUSTIN J MERCER/TEMPEST v MILES KASEY/SELEANA ZDUNICH - MIXED TAG TITLES  (Read 2486 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 5,000 limit.

Good luck!

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
Legality.

”That bitch!”

The voice of Amy Mercer rang through the house as a car engine started outside. Lisa, Amy’s sister in law, Austins wife shook her head carrying plates into the kitchen, her eyes moving over to her husband. The hulking six foot six former world champion, the head of the family. The man who tried to take all the families issues and problems into himself. And this was no different. Austin thought it would be a good idea to invite his nephews grandparents over for a meal. To iron out any differences and ideas on visitation. To bring them into Amy and Dane’s life. But, the meal and meeting had not gone to plan.

Right from the start they made demands, they acted as if Amy was at fault, they looked down upon her and worse, Austin and Lisa. They looked at Austin with his long hair, his beard, the fact he was a “professional wrestler” seemed to be a joke to them, despite the house, the happy children and Austin inviting them in.

Lisa stayed level headed, even as they stared at her tattoos, her silver coloured hair, the piercings. But, they judged. They judged Austin, they judged Lisa and they judged Amy.

The night went on, they ate, they tried to talk, to be understanding of the situation their sons actions had put them in. TThe need to get to know a member of their family, as grandchild that until a few months ago, they had no idea even existed. But, words were exchanged, things got heated. And in the end they stormed out, they threatened legal action. And now as Lisa tried to clean and keep her emotions in check, Amy stomped back and forth as her anger became uncontrollable. But Austin….

Austin was furious.

The thing is with Austin James Mercer, is when he’s yelling, pounding his fist on a table and getting red faced, well, that is visible anger. That is controllable, that is something that can be measured and weighed. This anger was cold, calculating and silent. His hand reaching out to grip a bottle of water as he took it down and looked over at Amy with a sigh, his hands pushing off his knees to stand up and move across the room, he moved over and put his hand on Lisas back, she turned and swallowed giving her husband a nod, one that showed she could already read his mind and understand what he needed to do.

Austin looked over at Amy and shook his head. ”Calm down.” His voice was soothing and slow, measured and calm. Amy shook her head and balled her fists together, her knuckles turning white as she ground her teeth. Austin reached out and put his hand on Amys shoulder with a shake of his head. ”They want to fight...we’ll give them a fight.”

Amy closed her eyes and took deep breaths in and out, she was trying to calm down, her heart racing as the entire night went through her mind. Ever single slight, every insult. It all came back over and over in waves of pure disrespect.”Fight? Aus they have money, resources, officials in their pockets. What do I have? I have nothing Austin, I have a job I hate, a tiny apartment I don’t clean and they are going to take away the one thing making my life worth a damn…” nHer bottom lip quivered, Austin moved forward pulling his older sister into a hug.

”You have me, you have Lisa…”

There was a pause, a moment of silence and realisation, Austin felt Amy relax in his arms as she let out another deep breath, exhaling and pushing as much of the anger out of her chest as she could. Austin stepped back and Amy gave him a small smile. ”Thanks Aus, but...I don’t want to drag you and Lisa into this, I already did too much and I.” Austin shook his head and laughed under his breath, Amy raised an eyebrow. ”What?”

”You think I’m not just going to help you anyway? He laughed and looked over at Lisa who smiled back. ”We have your back, and we’ll fight with you. No matter what it takes.” Amy seemed to relax a little more, her eyes filling with tears as she looked over at the room where the kids were playing. Dane laying on a mat as Marcus and Lilly played.

”If yo0u’re sure…” He nodded again, Amy smiled and walked towards the room to pick up her son.

Austin pulled out his phone, Lisa watched him and started stacking the dishwasher. It started to ring, after a few moments the person on the other side picked up the phone ”Sonja….I need your help…”

A lesson.

”I never wanted this…”

Austin shakes his head and laughs under his breath, his large arms folding over his chest as he stares right ahead, focused.

”I know, weird to say right?. A championship that I didn’t want. In a company where everyone is title hungry, where championships are viewed as a necessity. I have one that in the beginning I didn’t want. And when I got put up for a title match, I was frustrated, angry, confused. My teammate, a member of the gym I train at as well as a member of a group in SCW had all the power. And what did she do with it? Alicia gave herself a bombshells championship match, and then me a mixed tag team title match. And I looked at her and questioned it…”

“Especially with who I was teaming with. See, if I have been put in with Johanna Krieger it may have been different, I would have thought maybe Alicia was just trying to bring more gold back to Wolfslair, give Johanna another run with a championship, cause, lets face it, no matter who I was going to team with, we were walking out with those mixed tag titles, cause fuck the Barnharts. But, she chose Tempest.”

“This was a lesson for me….Alicia trying to teach me something about teamwork.”

“And it worked. I didn’t know Tempest before we teamed together, I didn’t even think about her. But then as we met and got in the ring, magic happened. In her I have a partner who can match me in domination, who is bigger and stronger than everyone else on the Bombshells roster, someone who, like me is a giant in a world of average sized people. In fact, the only names on the SCW roster who match me for power are Vinnie and Mac Bane, Shane Borderland is a bigger guy, but I am still big man on campus, I am still a six foot six wrecking ball and I can still break people in half and am a world championship quality professional wrestler.”

Austin shrugs and steps to the side reaching down to grab his mixed tag title belt throwing it over his shoulder.

”Tempest is the same, she could become a world champion, she could destroy half the roster. In one go. In one match. All she has to do is realise her potential. Like I did, see, people forget when I first started I had doubts, I was good, I had natural talent and natural athletic ability and strength but at the same time I had trouble reaching the potential everyone said I had. But then, suddenly it all clicked. And a few years later I am a multi time world champion. Having held championships in multiple companies. This is what I do. I win championships, I put on performances that people envy and are in awe of.”

“Austin James Mercer is now a star and the potential has been realised.”

“And I don’t need to take up everyone else's precious time to show it by cutting a three hour long promo where I repeat myself every few minutes.”

“But, for a thrown together team that didn’t know each other at the start Tempest and I showed just how devastating we can be. And the opponents we have are faced with the same issue, the same puzzle that we had. Seleana Zdunich and Miles Kasey barely know one another, have never teamed together and have the disadvantage of facing myself and Tempest. See, they both one matches for an opportunity and that opportunity is these championships. And we are making them sought after prizes.”

“If Seleana wins them, she becomes a triple crown champion, having won the Bombshells world titles and the Roulette championship before. She will join a very select group that also includes myself and Alex. Both of us having won a midcard title, thw world title and the mixed tag titles aswell. And that is no mean feat, that is nothing to be scoffed at.”

“Even if Seleanas Bombshells title win was very, very suspect.”

“And I get it, it wasn’t her fault, it wasn’t her problem. It was her wife. And while Alicia has been very forgiving and while Alicia has softened her stance and respects Sleana Zdunich, I have no such emoptional attachment or feeling towards Seleana. World champions should have that koiller instinct, that desire to be the best and decimate those in front of them. And Seleana doesn’t have that. I won my world tirle by beating one of the best and most prodigious talents in SCW. Alex won his by beating a fan favorrite. Alicia won hers by beating Dani Weston, Seleana and then Evie Jordan. And we did it all without help, but Seleana?...”

“You won because your wife is a cunt…”

Austin offers a slow clap and shakes his head.

”As I said, Alicia may respewct and like you, but to me you’re just a leggy blond who would rather be a carer for animals than a real warrior from a “wrestling family” full of failures. I have yet to see a Zdunich worthy of being in this fucking business.”

“But…”

“As far as respect goes, well, everyone is expecting me to smile and be nice to lil Milo. After all, Miles is a member of Wolfslair, I see him almost every day in the gym, we work together occasionally and I smile and we give each other pleasantries. A nod, a kind smile, we shake hands, he askes me how my kids are, and we get to it.”

“I don’t dislike Miles Kasey, in fact to the contrary, I do like you Miles. I like your work ethic, I like your effort and I like your heart. I like the fact that no matter how often you get beat down you just keep coming back. But, what I don’t like, is that you are a fucking choke artist. And we have no room for that bullshit in Wolfslair. Because Wolfslair is the home of champions boy, and you have not been holding up your end of it…”

Austin growls and shakes his head looking frustrated.

”Alex, Alicia, Johanna, myself, Sierra Williams, Kallie Reznik, Aiden Reynolds, Dickie Watson even Lachlan Kane. We have held titles and championships, we have been names in companies at a time in history. But you? What have you been doing Miles? Cause In PWS Apex you haven’t been doing much, then here in SCW you win matches, get title shots and opportunities only to flush them all away and fail, and choke.”

“I want that to change Miles. I want you to come at me with everything you have and try and take these mixed tag titles from myself and Tempest, I want you to finally bring some gold home…”

“But, it will be easier said than done won’t it? And what’s worse...is you know it. You know how good I am, you know how dominating I have been and you know what will happen when we get in the ring Miles. And I welcome it.”
>

Offline Tempest

• View Profile

Pleasant Yet Painful Memories

It was meant to be the happiest time of her life, from that point on when Malulani Kahale slipped the wedding band on her finger and she said those two little words that every little girl dreams of saying one day, “I do.” It was meant to make her complete when she became Mrs. Mahoe-Kahale, marrying this brave and wonderful Marine who promised to care for her forever and for always.

It’s funny tragic sometimes the way life plays itself out.

The Norwegian Cruise - 2018

Just twenty-four hours ago, after what their friends and family referred to as a whirlwind romance that stretched four years, Alleyene Mahoe married the love of her life. For the longest time, Alleyene had doubted that this day would ever come. Boys, even men, seemed to shy away from her for either her size or her fierce disposition, but it just seemed that something about her always played a factor in why she had remained alone. She tried her best to play it off like it was no big deal or that she preferred to remain alone without any man taking her away from her life’s goals and ambitions, but who does not every so often feel those pangs of loneliness? Who doesn’t take a walk as the stars begin to descend in the heavens and wonder if such a time might be more enjoyable with someone special, walking hand in hand. If you find yourself seated alone at a restaurant, you watch that couple at another table across the floor and wonder what that special feeling must be like.

Despite her brave face, every once in a blue moon her true self came to the surface and she cried on her mother’s shoulder for one slight to many from a boy in high school or a grown man after. It did not happen too often, but there were indeed times when the woman SCW fans knew as Tempest could be relatively human in nature.

That was why when she met Malulani, she was not just distrustful, but she flat out wanted nothing to do with him. She had been hurt one time too many and did not feel like putting herself up for being hurt yet again. But luckily for her, her Marine was a persistent one. He did not take no for an answer, and for all the boys and men who felt she was too “amazonian” for their masculine tastes and preferences, he found her breathtaking. For all the males who thought her assertive personality was a turnoff, he simply wanted to know more of this amazingly strong woman. Finally, after several weeks of trying, he wore her down and she accepted his offer of a date. And not just any date. He told her to wear her most elegant outfit and he ended up taking her to the Marine’s Ball, one of the biggest events of the social season for those brave men and women and their special someone. And for him to invite Alleyene there for their first date…?

He couldn’t have made a more wise decision. From that moment on, he had shattered the walls she had built around herself from heartbreak, and took her heart for his own. And four years later, on a Maui cliff overlooking the ocean, he made her his wife in front of friends and family.

Alleyene aka Tempest often joked with those closest to her that she knew that Malulani was her one and only simply because he was the only man with the balls to ask her out.

Perhaps surprisingly so, despite the fact she called the Hawaiian islands home, Alleyene had never before been on a cruise. So when Malulani had proposed this to be his honeymoon gift to his new bride, her first cruise, she was admittedly hesitant. But it was better than any other option she could think of, considering she already lived in one of the most romantic and exotic spots on the planet. So despite her hesitancy, her new husband won this particular battle - and she couldn’t have been more grateful for everything that was to follow over the next seven luxurious days.

While under most circumstances, Alleyene was an energetic person who got restless if she wasn’t moving or doing something constructive, she found that there was a whole other world out there if you just opened your eyes enough to see the many possibilities. For the first time in a very long time, she allowed herself to be pampered and to relax, and do you know what she discovered on her honeymoon?

That relaxation can be even more pleasant and even sensual if you allow it to happen with that someone special. Unless she knew you or was completely comfortable with you, Alleyene did not like basic physical contact. She did not enjoy being touched idly whether it be a hug or a hand on the arm. But this she allowed, as Malulani lured her into the cruise’s spa and she and he spent the better part of their first day together being given a pampered treatment. The couple laid face down on the massage tables, joined side by side, as two massage therapists performed joint Swedish massages on the newlyweds, a type of massage made for Alleyene who possessed that aversion to being touched.

Malulani then got her to try something unique on this cruise line, something she had never heard of before; a Chocolate Journey. At first she was excited because, and this is a little known fact about this scary woman; she’s a definitive chocoholic. Then she pondered whether or not this was some morbid kink that her husband might play a hand in. But neither was the truth, as she found herself as well as her husband wrapped tightly from head to toe in chocolate body wraps with cocoa infused aroma therapy. Alleyene felt more surprised that her macho Marine husband was enjoying himself even more so than she was.

After one final treatment, relaxing in a steam bath, Alleyene showed Malulani that night just how much of an aphrodisiac chocolate truly was.

But if she thought that first day was any indication that nothing could be better, or that her husband had ‘peaked’ where his plans during this cruise was concerned and her enjoyment, she was sorely mistaken these next several days.

Malulani had taken it upon himself from that day on to order in each and every meal for he and his new wife. He had paid for the added expense of the grand suite on this cruise, and that came with a spacious patio for them to share and enjoy. Whether it be breakfast, lunch or dinner, the newlyweds did not dine in the hall with all of the other passengers. No, he arranged for room service to be delivered and set up on the dining table, so the two could simply enjoy each other's company. Toasting one another with nobody else in their own little world save for each other.

The evening brought about some of her most cherished memories of her honeymoon cruise, and not for the reasons some of your immature minds might be led to think. She had always preferred the nighttime to day, feeling that there was something almost magical when standing beneath the soft glow of the stars and moon as they hung overhead in the vast heavens.

Alleyene had a diverse taste in music, but one thing she never acquired a taste for was classical music. The type of music that one might hear when seated before a symphony orchestra. Violins. Flutes. Trumpets. Pianos. That just did not resonate with her. But that was exactly where she found herself, surrounded by many other passengers on the cruise but only one that mattered to her. The ‘concert hall’ on the ship was built with an open sky above, much like an amphitheater. Her hand in Malulani’s, their fingers interlaced with each others’, they say and even Alleyene found herself enjoying the symphony concert being put on for their enjoyment beneath the stars.

Perhaps the most enjoyable night was near the end of their honeymoon, when Malulani paid for the special expense this one night for he and Alleyene to sleep beneath the stars. A very special and private balcony had been opened up just for the newly married couple, with champagne and strawberries ready upon their arrival, a private butler, and on the spacious balcony itself, a soft and comfortable bed with just a silken canopy between them and the stars as they slept.

For as little as a Marine gets paid despite the fact that they risked their lives for their country, Malulani had spared no expense for his wife this week. He had saved from the day he had first proposed, and even when their respective families had offered to help with expenses, he respectfully declined, wanting instead for his wife’s well being and enjoyment to be his responsibility and reward. And his alone.

But if there was any one memory that had integrated itself in her mind from that one, blissful week, it was their final night aboard the cruise. When they did little else but stand on their patio deck, hand in hand, and watched as the sun set and blanketed the sky above into a colorful array of pinks, reds, yellows and oranges, until finally the Moon was arisen in all of its glory, and the stars shown over their heads.

It was purely magical. It was…

Gabriel: Alleyene? Hello?

Tempest blinked as in front of her face, her trainer in this rough world of professional wrestling, Gabriel Stevens, snapped his fingers in front of her face, startling her from her private memories.

Gabriel: Earth to Alleyene, earth to Alleyene!

She seemed startled, almost seemingly embarrassed, at the way she had allowed her mind to wander and become distracted as she sat in the Stevens’ joint office at the GO Gym, opposite of the desk where Gabriel himself sat. She said nothing, but merely opened her eyes a little wider and put on her best inquisitive expression.

Gabriel: Where did you just go? I was telling you about some of the things the SCW higher ups will be requiring of you during the course of the week, and you just zoned out.

Tempest: I know, I’m sorry. I’ve been ‘zoning out’ ever since I found out this show was being held on a cruise ship.

Gabriel: Most people get excited this time of year when this event rolls around. It’s a working vacation, but a vacation nevertheless. A few days you get to keep for yourself, but there will be a few also where the bosses have assignments set up for you. Duties you might be suited for. Last year Fenris had to teach a self defense class to a room full of old women. Fan Meets. That sort of thing.

All Tempest did was nod in understanding, but it was painfully obvious that her mind was not altogether where it should be.

Gabriel: Are you okay? You have something against cruises?

Knowing that some people had an adverse reaction or fear in being on the open water, but she didn’t strike him as the sort with such a phobia. All she did to answer his question was shake her head in the negative.

Gabriel: Have you ever been on a cruise before?

Tempest: Once. Just … one time.

She finally looked up to meet his eyes.

Tempest: It’s not an easy thing to reflect on.

Gabriel: Bad memories?

Tempest shook her head.

Tempest: No. Good memories, actually. But that’s why it’s hard for me to look back on.

This line of logic and thought caused a crease in Gabriel’s brow, but then he saw it. In her eyes, he could see something painful. He was a master at reading people, but also felt the need and/or desire to be there for the students of his and Odette’s academy.

Gabriel: Do you want to talk about it?

And for the first time that he could remember, she looked up at him with a genuine smile of appreciation on her face, although the pain in her eyes remained. She shook her head.

Tempest: Not right now.

Malulani. In Hawaiian dialect, it meant “protected by Heaven.”

What a crock of shit.

“I have to admit that I am still trying to figure this whole thing out. Not just my place in this sport because I’m what you might call a giant in the Land of Barbie Dolls, but where I stand right here. Right now. When Gabriel first told me about ‘Queen’ Alicia’s decision to team me, a member of the GO Gym, with Austin James Mercer, a member of Wolfslair and a man that had been making life miserable for Fenris and his brother Aron, I was at a loss. But what compounded that feeling was the fact that she chose for our opponents the then-Mixed Tag Team Champions, the Barnharts. A world title shot, albeit the tag team titles, announced a week after I lose a match to Bobbie Dahl.”

Tempest shook her head.

“It’s been six weeks since that title match, and I still don’t get what was going through Alicia’s head. But -- respect. Maybe it was a mind game. She looked at Austin and saw him for what he is; one of the biggest men on the roster. Then she looked at me, and saw me for what I am; THE biggest woman on the Bombshells side of things. Put us together against anyone…”

Tempest intertwined her two index fingers and eyes widened and she pulled them apart, mimicking an explosion.

“Even the mighty Tag Team Champions and she knew the end result was a mere formality. Did she do it to help bring more gold to her team? Did she do it just because she hates the Barnharts that much that she wanted to see their title reign end after less than a month?”

She shrugged.

“In the end, the reasons probably don’t matter because the fact stands before everyone.”

She held up her half of the Mixed Tag title belts, giving it a once over before looking again toward the camera.

“New champions were crowned that night. One more on top of all the others that Austin has collected in his career, and my first. And hey, no complaints here which title I started with because we all have to start somewhere. My only concern or complaint is that it took six weeks, six weeks, before Austin and I have been given the chance to defend these titles, which leads me to believe that what Gabriel said about these titles is true; that respected as though they once were, they’ve become the card filler championship for SCW. And now that I see who we’re up against in our first defense, that just works to confirm his belief in my mind.”

“No, we are not defending the titles against the former champions, the Barnharts. Bea kind of ruined that one when she surprised everyone and earned a Roulette title shot for herself. And Bulldog? Well he got himself into a sticky situation with that Vinnie fella, against my boy Fenris and David Shepherd. So, what then? What do the higher ups do to give us a credible team to defend the titles against in our very first defense? Do they make an offer to bring London Underground back, an offer that Daniel and company can’t refuse?”

She shook her head no, eyes closed.

“Do they maybe look to raise the stakes and look outside of SCW, maybe bring in former champions like Lachlan Kane and Sierra Williams (I will NOT dignify the name Team Eggplant!) to attempt to dethrone Austin and myself?”

Again, eyes closed, she shook her head.

“No, of course not. What they did was take a handful of men and women who had nothing better to do, put them in the ring in separate matches where the winners got to team together and challenge us for the gold.”

She jetted out her bottom lip and nodded.

“Makes sense, doesn’t it? But then again, it makes about as much sense as the initial concept that brought Austin and myself together for the first time. And hey! We won the gold in our first match as a team, so who knows? Maybe Miles and Seleana will actually give us the challenge that will prove ourselves as champions…?”

She stared straight ahead at the camera, when suddenly her shoulders started to tremble. She then erupted in a fit of light hearted laughter and waved a hand at the camera.

“Oh god, I was worried I wouldn’t be able to keep a straight face! Damn it!”

She took a brief moment to collect herself.

“No that I have anything against this combination. If I’m going to be honest, all I know about Miles is what I see on Twitter and Seleana? Well she’s one of the chicks that people in the women dressing room seem to gossip about the most. But there’s a saying where gossip is concerned; believe nothing of what you hear and only half of what you see.”

“Miles, all the power to you for winning this chance for yourself, but let’s face it; you beat Lincoln Daniels. Who there in the men’s division hasn’t beaten him? But, a win is a win, and you rose to the occasion. You don’t have to worry about me. I won’t get involved where you and Austin are concerned because you’re his problem, not mine. The only thing I know about you aside from watching your matches is that you post more selfies on Twitter than any woman that I know. All you need is the classic duck lips and hey! You complete the picture! But sweet cheeks, all the ab and booty shots aren't going to be doing you a damn bit of good when you get inside of the ring with a man like Austin."

“No, while you and Austin get to play your little game of Wolfslair against Wolfslair, I get to play with the epitome of the wrestling Barbie culture, and that’s Seleana Zdunich. Okay, granted, Seleana has had a number of big wins for herself ever since she first stepped up, and she’s held a good number of championships. World Championship. Roulette Championship. You might think that a third title for a Triple Crown distinction would not be far off. You might even think that the third title would be possibly the Mixed Tag Team titles be it at Austin’s and my expense?”

“You’d think.”

“Your one detriment going into this match, beside shaving to get into the ring against me, is the simple fact that your wife is not at ringside, and she had absolutely no role to play in this match or opportunity, whatsoever!”

Tempest nodded.

“That’s right, girl. You heard me, and you can respond and deny it for all I care, but the facts have been laid out in front of the world, for all to see. The ONLY times you’ve been put directly into the championship circle is through the machinations of dear Christina. Whether through her backstage clout of working the system, she is behind the height of your success stories. Just … not this time. Which, if you think about it, speaks less of her than it does of you. Because for all we know, without her you still might have won all of those opportunities on your own, without her help. You did it to earn this chance, why not all of the rest of those times? Alas we’ll never know because it’s obvious Christina has little to no faith in your own capabilities, and likes to play backstage politics to help you because she believes that you can not help yourself.”

She jetted out a bottom lip and tilted her head to the side in a woeful expression.

“Sad, if you think about it. And even sadder when Summer XXXTreme IX rolls around because girl, once that bell rings, all the backstage clout your wife THINKS she has isn’t going to help you once I get my hands on your boney ass. And if she even thinks about coming down to the ring to try and help you win? Well, here’s a warning and I hope to god that she’s listening;”

“Things will go even worse for you if your wife gets involved. And that is simply the way the real world works.”

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
“What -and I can’t stress the next part enough- THE FUCK?!?!?” Miles said watching the announcement being made. People were around and just gave him this look before he just rubbed his face and walked away into the locker room area. He knew that Pussy Willow would come searching for him to get his ‘feelings’ on the match announcement.

Nothing against Selena....Not one bit.

A tag match wasn’t exactly what he was hoping for. And standing across the ring was Tempest, which would be Selena’s problem....

His....

Austin James Mercer.

The Black Sheep of Wolfslair.

Leaning back in his little corner of the locker room world, our hero rubs his face into the back of his neck. Like every match, there is a pre-match list to go through. Gear, laced up, pads set and stable and the tape job. Same pattern every show, every match. Even in the pot match.

But something told him to sit, something told him to make his way into the catering and watch with everyone, chug a bunch of water and the minute he saw Selena win and Chris appear, an all too familiar feeling of existential dread washed over him. Last year it was piranhas.

Now that he’s gotten away and tucked himself into his corner and kicked back, first it was Alex....then it was Alex again....both were Ls for him. This was something different and he wasn’t sure how the fuck he was gonna approach it. Cause the last time he was in this particular situation, it was with someone he had barely said hello to.

He sat there, laughed as he scruffed up his own hair, “Here we go again. FUCK! I love this business.”

Blow Me Away
Thursday Night
Brooklyn, NY

“The National Weather Services has issued an aerial flood warning-” the drone of the weather radio blares.

“I’ll have to remember to thank Lach and Morgan for sharing the weather.” Miles says flatly as it downpours outside the window of his apartment, the thunder roars outside as he turns his attention towards a computer screen. On the other side, his twin sister Brianna, “I’ve managed to avoid hurricanes til now.”

“It’s not that bad is it?” she asked with a bit of worry in her voice.

“Nah, it’s like a heavy thunderstorm over and over again. It was barely bad down by them for a Cat 1.” he says as another flash of lightning pops behind him and the thunder practically shakes the building, causing him to look up.

“See, to me that just sounds like crazy talk.” Bri responds, shaking her head.

“What? Living through a hurricane?” laughing, he pushes a bucket over to catch water dripping.

“Not only that but actually STAYING there for like, ever? What the hell is wrong with them?”

“Well I mean, they do have Universal and Disneyworld there...so it’s not all bad.”

“Which makes it a good place to visit and not live.”

“I’ll make sure to tell them you said that.”

“Psh, like I care. I can’t believe you get to wrestle on that giant ship again though! And here I am still stuck over here, with mum.”

“Yeah, well soon. My invitation has already been accounted for. Well worth it if you ask me.”

“You are evil Miles.”

“Yep! At least I know that if I die at the hands of Austin, that I get one last thrill out of seeing the panic on that bitch’s face when he realizes what I did.”

“So is trolling him really worth the potential of losing this match?”

“What do you mean? This is just the icing atop the cherry filled cake that will be an amazing weekend. Even if I’m teaming with someone I have never met...or said hello to.”

“You really are awkward as hell.” she said laughing, “Could be why it feels like you are holding something back.”

“What?!? You’re nuts.”

“And you’re deflecting, dear brother.”

“Not even.”

Lights begin flickering as the thunder rolls outside.

“What the hell was that?”

“You ever see the show Supernatural?”

“Yeah?”

“I’m gonna go grab the salt, if I die..”

“Bury you ass up, just the way you came into the world from what mum told me.”

“HAHA, BYE!”

And just before he hangs out the power completely cuts and Miles sits there illuminated by the screen.

“Great...just...just great.”

Avoiding people has been a thing. I feel weird that I am right back in this same strange predicament where I’m having to face someone that helped me recently. STRANGE I KNOW! But it actually happened. It wasn’t successful in anyway, but Bri had it right. I am an awkward freaking idiot.

I don’t know how I get myself into these situations, I seem to just walk right into them....head first. No helmet.

That would explain a lot though, wouldn’t it?

Hard to imagine if I legit could use the braincells that I was graced with to actually come up with a viable response to how I am going to approach this match. Instead, I’ve spent my days in the gym just hiding from them. It’s amazing as to how well I was able to do just that.

I cannot stress this enough: WHAT THE FUCK AM I SUPPOSE TO DO NOW?!?!

“How ‘bout you stop hidin’ from your own mates, Don Carnage?”

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Off-Camera

Saturday, July 10, 2021
Living Room
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
2:01 PM  PDT

A computer screen with four faces on it greets Seleana Zdunich as she starts the video chat call she’d been dreading all week. It was the call where she would find out her sister’s fate following the injury Zenna had incurred on July 2 in Rome, Georgia wrestling for SRW.  Staring back at her are the faces of Zenna Zdunich, Kelly Taylor, Jenni Taylor and Jackson Shane all nod back to her.

Seleana Zdunich: Heya, how’s it?

Zenna nods back at her elder sister.

Zenna Zdunich: Hej, Sarabi…

Seeing the expression on Zenna’s face, Seleana’s heart drops.

Seleana Zdunich: How bad is it?

Zenna shrugs.

Zenna Zdunich: Probably six months. So maybe I can try a return next year.

Kelly, Jenni and Jackson all shake their heads.

Kelly Taylor: Bloody fucking hell!

Jackson Shane: Shit…

Jenni shakes her head.

Jenni Taylor: You be needing surgery then?

Zenna shrugs.

Zenna Zdunich: My hope is not, I’m not keen for such things.

Jenni nods.

Jenni Taylor: That’s me as well, Love.

Seleana nods slowly.

Seleana Zdunich: Du gör inte höns av fjädrar?

Zenna shakes her head sadly.

Zenna Zdunich: Nej… I do not…

Seleana exhales heavily, the weight of the situation falling over her all at once like a ton of bricks crashing down from the side of a building that had been looming over her ominously already.

Seleana Zdunich: We will get through this, Shenzi.

Zenna nods.

Zenna Zdunich: I will need you and Halo to help Lis and Jenifer look out for Li. Thankfully Jane and Chi Chi are in SCU as well and they can help watch over her. She is not taking this wek and her worry over me could become a problem for her.

Seleana nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: I will.

Jenni frowns.

Jenni Taylor: Why does she worry?

Kelly nods to her sister.

Kelly Taylor: This is how it began previously. Li was already into things but it was leg injuries and the accompanying painkillers that took them both into the abyss. It’s all a bit shit and now Li will worry it will all go tits up.

Jackson just stares blankly forward.

Jackson Shane: So no pain meds…

Zenna shakes her head.

Zenna Zdunich: Nothing strong, no. That would be a lot shit.

Seleana sighs heavily.

Seleana Zdunich: I will make sure they have eyes on her at all times. Their show tonight is in Vancouver so that should assist them.

Zenna nods.

Zenna Zdunich: When is yours?

Seleana looks down in guilt and shame.

Seleana Zdunich: Next Sunday.

Jenni and Kelly both look away as well even as Jackson looks at the screen, curiosity overwhelming him.

Jackson Shane: Who are you fighting?

Seleana remains ashamed and guilt ridden

Seleana Zdunich: I got the Golden Ticket so I’m teaming with the male Golden Ticket winner against the Mixed Tag Team Champions.

Seeing the looks all around, Jackson nods quickly, apologetically.

Jackson Shane: Fuck, I’m sorry!

He stands up and walks away, Jenni following after him.

Kelly Taylor: Fucking hell…

Zenna nods before looking into her camera.

Zenna Zdunich: Det finns ko på isen! Jag tror på dig! Gör ditt bästa. Fånga deras skägg i brevlådan och få dem att skit i det blå skåpet!

Seleana looks up, stunned by what her sister and now former tag team partner has just said.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja…

She nods firmly.

Seleana Zdunich: Tack Shenzi!

Zenna smiles.

Zenna Zdunich: You do good or I stick bad wheel up ass!

Seleana starts laughing.

Seleana Zdunich: I love you, Shenzi!

Zenna Zdunich: I love you, Sarabi! Go get them!

The call ends and Seleana nods to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: Okej…

On-Camera

Saturday, July 10, 2021
Bed Room
Zdunich Apartment
Las Vegas, Nevada
7:00 PM  PDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich sitting on a bed with a camera set up a few feet away.

Seleana Zdunich: I know what the prevailing thought will be. The Wolf’s Lair is not to be fucked with, ja?

She nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: I know this, you all know this, everyone know this. I have met a number of Wolf’s Lair representatives and they have all been people you can never take your eyes off of because if you do, it is the last thing you ever do! It has not mattered which one it was, Johanna Krieger, Alicia Lukas, Tempest, Mercer, Jones…

She trails off, pausing to allow the names to sink in on herself as much as anyone listening to her speak them aloud.

Seleana Zdunich: It is, as I have heard said, a Murderer’s Row line-up, ja?

Again, she nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: This is not good for me, ja?

As she shakes her head, Seleana shrugs resignedly.

Seleana Zdunich: Well, that has been true my entire career, why should this be any different?

Cocking her head slightly, Seleana gives the camera an expression that says she is aware of the circumstances surrounding her.

Seleana Zdunich: Mercer and Tempest are a team that stack odds no matter who is standing opposite them in the ring. They have since the first day they teamed together and they will until they choose to stop teaming together. Again, I know this, you all know this, everyone who has paid attention to SCW knows this.

She pauses to point to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I know this seems like a strange place for me to be considering i have never teamed in this manner before but…

She shrugs again.

Seleana Zdunich: Everyone must have a first time, ja?

Nodding slightly, Seleana slips forward slightly on the edge of the bed.

Seleana Zdunich: The only upside to this is I get one on my side as well since Milo won the male side of the Golden Ticket and will join me challenging Mercer and Tempest and he will have a chip on his shoulder.  He will want to prove he is just as much a fighter as the others and he knows everyone will look at us, see how much smaller we are and see that I am the non-Wolf’s Lair in this match and say we do not have a chance…

She nods pointedly to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I have heard that before and while history would certainly say that since I have been defeated many times by Wolf’s Lair wrestlers, I do have that one…

Her right foot plants on the floor.

Seleana Zdunich: Shining…

Her left foot plants on the floor as well.

Seleana Zdunich: Moment.

Seleana stands up, looking down into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: I can say I defeated a Wolf’s Lair wrestler before and for a World’s Championship!

She nods pointing to herself, jabbing herself in the chest with her index finger.

Seleana Zdunich: I can say I won the Bombshell’s World Championship and I did it against a Wolf’s Lair wrestler and that means that no matter what they say, no matter what anyone says, no matter what anyone thinks, there is always a chance I can do it again!

She nods firmly, her hand falling out of the shot.

Seleana Zdunich: Milo and I have never teamed before, this is true, but that does not mean we do not have a chance. There is always a chance, always a hope and we only need one small opening! They might bounce us all over the ring, but if they leave us one possibility, one mistake…

She snaps her fingers.

Seleana Zdunich: The Wolf’s Lair will find that even the largest predators can be caught in a snare trap if they are not careful!

She leans down and glares.

Seleana Zdunich: Välkommen till djungeln… be careful where you step, you might never see it coming, ja? 

Offline Tempest

• View Profile

It was amazing just how calm the ocean could soothe even the hardest of hearts when riding over it’s soft waves. The weather had been most agreeable, ever since the Sun Princess had first set sail from the Port of Los Angeles this past Sunday. Seven fun-filled days for everyone, whether it be SCW stars, staff or friends, family and fans alike. Of course, this annual cruise would culminate in the Summer XXXTreme IX Supercard, but from Sunday to the next, it was not the ordinary vacation for the stars of Sin City Wrestling; for them, it was a working holiday. While they had plenty of time to rest and relax with friends and family and just generally enjoy themselves, they were also expected to perform specific extracurricular duties for the enjoyment of the SCW Universe on board. Meet N Greets. Interviews. Hosting certain entertainments on board. One could never know what the higher ups might find for a Superstar or Bombshell to do, all in the name of the fans’ enjoyment.

Earlier this very evening, Tempest found herself in just such an occurrence, seated onstage side-by-side with none other than Austin James Mercer, her World title tag team partner. Onstage in front of several fans that booked tickets, the World Champions were expected to hype their upcoming championship defense in just a matter of days, talking to fans who were able to ask whatever questions about their careers and lives. Most wrestlers thrived in such an environment. Tempest was not one such person.

And now that this farce was over, and she was given the green light to call it a night, she chose to forgo returning to her cabin where she had spent the majority of her free time on the cruise thus far, and simply relax. The weather had not reached above the mid-eighties since the trip first started; the winds were mild. Everything was perfect as far as many aboard were concerned, so why then did Tempest seem so rigid and stoic whereas others were relaxed and thoroughly enjoying themselves?

She stood against the ship’s railing, her forearms rested up and her chin idly on her forearm. Her eyes drifted over the waves and watched as the sun slowly sank beneath them, far off against the rising dusk. It was almost hypnotic, as if she were watching literally with the utmost patience as day slowly turned into night. So focused and so far off in her own little world was she, that she did not even realize someone else had stepped up to her left and stood there, leaning himself against the rail. Not until…

Austin James Mercer: It’s about damn time you left that cabin of yours.

Causing Tempest to react with a start and she turned around in a quick spin, raising her fist as if ready to strike. Austin leaned back, his own wife in the background appearing alarmed. But once she saw who had spoken to her, she lowered her fist and closed her eyes to take in a deep breath, calming herself.

Tempest: Jesus! What are you doing, sneaking up on someone like that!?

Austin James Mercer: A little jumpy, today?

Tempest turned back away and resumed her position, watching the ocean waters. Austin took a moment to signal to his wife, and she went on and allowed her husband this time alone with his tag team partner.

Austin James Mercer: So what the hell was all that about?

Tempest: Force of habit. Used to be a bounty hunter, so people sneaking up on me was usually a bad thing. Learned to react in the heat of the moment.

Austin nodded, almost in appreciation and respect. Such a person in that sort of hardcore and dangerous profession was somehow not unexpected.

Austin James Mercer: Bounty hunter. Why am I not surprised?

Tempest shrugged, feigning indifference to the topic of conversation.

Tempest: Couldn’t get into the military like my dad and brothers. Tried being a cop, but that didn’t exactly work out. So, bounty hunting was the next best thing for someone like me.

A few key moments passed as Austin took this in. Aside from who had trained her, he knew virtually nothing about his partner save for what Alex told him; she was a force of nature. A literal beast inside of the ring. That moment in their last match when she swung Bea Barnhart straight into the barricade still dominated his memory of their title victory. Aside from that, she was an enigma; a mystery. Austin may not be the most popular (any more), but he had been an open book during his ‘face days,’ so she had that particular edge against him. He turned to ask her something about that career, maybe get a little insight to who she was or who she had been, but stopped.

She had an almost vacant stare about her as she looked out across the ocean, as if the remaining sunlight reflecting on the waves had taken a hypnotic effect on her. He spoke her name aloud, nothing.

Austin James Mercer: Hey, you okay…?

And he extended a long arm to playfully snap his fingers in her face to alert her, but this brought her back to the ‘present’ and she practically swatted his hand from in front of her face. She stood upright, eyes burning.

Tempest: Man, what the hell is wrong with you!? Get your hand outta my face…

Austin James Mercer: Hey, easy! I thought I lost you there for a second! That’s all!

He watched her as she turned away, seemingly stricken as she gripped the rail of the ship’s side. He noticed the white knuckling and looked from that death grip she had on the rail, to her.

Austin James Mercer: You okay?

Tempest: I’m fine! I … just wish I wasn’t here.

Austin nodded, turning back to face the same way as she, casually watching the waters that surrounded them. A means to soothe the proverbial savage beast.

Austin James Mercer: I take it you’re not into cruises.

He said more of a statement of fact rather than a question. It took a moment, but after what seemed an eternity, she finally yielded, shaking her head.

Tempest: I never was. Only cruise I was ever on before this was with my husband…

And almost immediately she froze. So lost was she in her own thoughts, she just divulged a nugget of personal and private information that she had kept well hidden. She had not told anyone about her husband, not even anyone at the Go Gym. Gabriel in particular knew she was holding something personal close to heart, but as of yet had not risked that particular and possible landmine of unstable emotion. She closed her eyes and was silently kicking herself, desperately wishing there was a way to turn back the clock and slap herself before she had said anything further.

Austin James Mercer: I didn’t know that you were…

Tempest: Was.

That one word spoke volumes. She was married. ‘Had been’ in other words. Past tense. It was true that these two did not know each other anywhere outside of the ring. They hung out no more than normal given their circumstances. After what went down between Mercer and Fenris and his brother, it would be simply too awkward and uncomfortable. Just them talking like this seemed somehow - foreign. But what Austin could see was a powerfully strong woman standing beside him, who looked at this point to be insanely uncomfortable, and dare he assume - vulnerable? At least emotionally? What he could read was that she seemed too strong a person inside and out to let something as simple as a divorce to affect her so, so that would leave only… He closed his eyes and exhaled.

Shit….

Austin immediately stopped his questioning, and instead turned back alongside her to watch the ocean. Yes, Austin was an ass. But if he had just guessed correctly, and he would not prying order to find out if he had, then even he wouldn’t - couldn’t - wish that kind of pain on anyone. He could only hope that she might find the strength to confide this secret pain to someone - anyone - lest it consume her. But at the very least, he could attempt to offer some form of distraction. Yes, he was an ass. But he couldn’t be a supportive ass all the same.

He gave her a light nudge in the shoulder with his arm.

Austin James Mercer: Come on. I think I know what will make you feel better.

Tempest: There’s nothing you can do Mercer so get that look out of your eyes and stop touching my arm.

Austin choked back a suppressed laugh, caught off guard but amused all the same by her quick wit. A joke? From this beast of a woman? He chucked and shook his head.

Austin James Mercer: Dare to dream! No, I just think I know of something that’ll be a good distraction.

Tempest turned around, back against the rail with her arms leaned back up against it.

Tempest: Yeah? And what’s that?

Austin motioned with his head.

Austin James Mercer: Come on. Down at the pool.

Tempest raised her eyebrows as Austin led her away from where she had been brooding to herself.

Tempest: The pool? Christ, why doesn’t someone just pee directly on me?

Tempest: This is a joke, right?

Tempest asked as she stood in the pool, waist-deep for her height as Austin stood in the water to her right. But where as she was wearing a look of annoyance and disbelief on her face as she stared him down, he had almost an impish smirk on his own as she stared not at her, but at the two fans standing opposite them in the water, a twenty-something young man and what was most likely his girlfriend. The pool had been cleared out for this special ‘event,’ a Chicken Fight tournament!

Tempest: You’re not serious!

Austin James Mercer: Oh loosen up, would you??? I told you it’d be a good distraction!

Tempest still just stared at him in stark disbelief. He turned to her and rolled his eyes.

Austin James Mercer:  It’s just for fun - you do know what fun is, right?

Tempest huffed, and this time it was she who rolled her eyes.

Tempest: Fine!

And Austin smirked and nodded, just like he was prone to do when he won out on something and got his way. He clapped his hands, rubbing his palms together as the fans that stood on all corners of the pool, drinks in hand and watching with a frenzied interest cheered on both the SCW stars and the two fans! The young man ducked down under the water to lift his girlfriend up on his shoulders, and Austin turned to do the same, then did a double take.

Tempest wasn’t there beside him. He looked around in momentary confusion when suddenly he was lifted up out of the water - on TEMPEST’S shoulders! The crowd howled in laughter and cheered in amazement at the strength displayed by the amazon Bombshell - and some laughter at the expression of surprise on Mercer’s face which quickly melted into a laughing grin!

Tempest stood front and center before the camera, back in her casual street attire of cutoff denim shorts and a maroon tank top. With her hands rested on her hips, Tempest appeared to be lost in thought, until ultimately she nodded in acknowledgement.

“Okay, I get it. Mind games. I mean, that's the only logical explanation for everything you said about me last time around. Because surely - surely - you wouldn't be - couldn't be - dumb enough to flat out acknowledge how little you either know or pay attention to me. You see, I've had a time in my life, mostly as a child but even as an adult I’ve had people talk down to me (shocking, I know), insult me, belittle me. Kids I could almost understand because we all know what they say about how cruel kids can be, but adults? Somehow it seems even worse when an adult does it because adults are supposed to be mature.”

“‘Supposed to be’ being the key words here.”

“Space Needle. Sky High. Tower. Miss Skyscraper. Those are just a few of the names that I’ve been called, made fun of because of my height - by adults, both male and female. Now usually it’s men who take a shot at me, because I’m either taller than they are and they suffer from ‘small man syndrome,’ or because I just flat out intimidate them and their manhood comes under threat whenever a woman is around that has them that threatens the superiority of their gender. But when women do it…?”

“I was always told that women mature faster, that women support one another, but sister? That is one great big pile of bullshit. Women, if anything, are worse than men when it comes to insulting and belittling one another. Women are vicious. Cut throat. I was told once by a counselor at school that girls were mean about my height because I violated what they perceived as gender expectations. Fear, envy, jealousy, suspicion, resentment, rage, anxiety… all reasons why I’ve had women - adult women - take shots at me. Because I’m tall. Because I’m beautiful. Because I. Am. Powerful. But do you know what upsets me even more than insults and childish name calling?”

Her head is tilted down slightly but she glances up through her eyelashes toward the camera.

“To be snubbed. Ignored. To not be acknowledged. That’s where you and I start having a problem, Sel. You and me. What? Don’t know what I’m talking about? Girl, you practically screamed to the entire world last week that you don’t know me, that you’ve never paid any attention to me! You don’t know anything about me, or my past! Well let me clear things up for you, just a dollop. I. Am. Not. Wolflair! I was trained by Gabriel and Odette Stevens! Go Gym, baby! Through and through! You remember them, yes? Evie Jordan. London Underground. Fenris! Krystal Wolfe! Those names ring a bell? Am I getting through that thick skull of yours yet? Now I’d like to imagine this was all just an innocent yet unfortunate side effect of all those cheap, bargain bin chemicals you put in your hair, eating through and shorting out a few brain cells, but no. I’m going to just call it what it is;”

“Ignorance.”

“If it doesn’t involve you or your wife and your extended family, then in your mind, it’s of relative little importance. You think you can just gloss over me and anything about me. That you don’t need to do any research to find out my strengths or (scoffs) weaknesses, because you plan to just glide on by on the silk of your wife’s coattails. You think Christina’s fame and fortune will be enough to hand you yet another championship on a silver platter, but that is where hard, cold reality comes into play. That train of thought might work in some worlds, but here? In SCW? Against me?”

A finger pointed at herself, she shook her head.

“It’s not getting you anywhere except for a world of hurt. I’m tall enough girlfriend, that I am going to reach up and pull your head out of the clouds and bring you crashing back down into a little place I like to call reality. Your partner, Miles? He summed things up well enough when he said that I was your problem, and I am. A e ha?awi aku wau ia ?oe i na pilikia hou a?e ma mua o kau mau pane no!”

“Now, speaking of Miles, I get it.”

She held up both hands and shook her head, implying an understanding.

“I totally and completely understand where you’re coming from. If I didn’t know any better, I would say that you weren’t looking forward to this match, and that’s where you and I have an understanding between us. I mean, if I were you and I had to stand opposite the ring with a man like Austin? I wouldn’t be looking forward to it either. All the selfies and ab shots and booty shake gifs aren’t going to mean a thing because Austin is not the type of man impressed by something like that, and whereas I may exactly be objecting to your little displays, I’m not the one you have to be in there with. It’s the former World Heavyweight, former two-time Internet and current World Mixed Tag Champion, Austin James Mercer.”

“Now when all of this was first announced, you seemed put off. Maybe you thought your Golden Ticket win was going to net you another shot at the Roulette title? Maybe be added to that Ultimate X match or a future World Heavyweight opportunity? Alas, no. You got teamed with Sel, a former champion in her own right, to challenge Austin and Myself.”

“Poor you. Poor Miles. How cruelly the world mistreats you. Now I admit that when I was put in the same spot, I had a similar reaction, but for altogether different reasons. You seem just put off being in the mixed tag team division, no matter who your partner is or could have been. I wasn’t against the mixed tag title, I was initially against teaming with Mercer. Not because I saw him as anything less than what he was in the ring, but for everything that went down between him and Fenris the past several months. But I had little choice in the matter. The match was signed, and Mercer and I? Well…”

She cast a sidelong glance toward the small, oval table crafted of glass on the deck where rested her half of the Mixed Tag Team titles.

“... Everyone has to start somewhere. You? You’re just ungrateful for the opportunity handed to you, even though you actually earned it. Good news, Miles; you don’t have a thing to worry about, because you’re not going to win. Where you stand, right here and now? It's the closest you'll ever come to the mixed tag titles. After tonight, you won’t ever have to team with Seleana ever again. You were right. I am her problem, so if there is even a modicum of compassion in that heart and soul, you won't tag Seleana into this match. You will stay in there with Austin for as long as possible. Because the moment you tag her in? It'll be all over. Just. Like. That!”

She snapped her fingers, and the scene went out.

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Off-Camera

Tuesday, July 13, 2021
Zdunich Mini Suite
Sun Princess
9:00 AM  PDT

The day was bright and shiny onboard the Sun Princess cruise ship. Seleana Zdunich sits on the bed of the state room she is sharing for the duration of the trip with her wife, fellow SCW Bombshell Christina Rose, and their daughter, Aurora Zdunich. As she watches Aurora finish tying her shoes, Seleana beams brightly at her.

Seleana Zdunich: Are you ready to play on deck today?

Aurora nods.

Aurora Zdunich: It’s gonna be so much fun!  But, are you sure Freja will be ok back home without us?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: It is her vacation as well, ja? She has Lucy to spend time with.

Aurora nods slowly.

Aurora Zdunich: Is she ok?

Seleana frowns in confusion.

Seleana Zdunich: Lucy?

Aurora nods.

Aurora Zdunich: Some days she seems really happy but others…

Aurora trails off, searching for how to describe the situation in her ten-year-old mind.

Aurora Zdunich: She seems really, not.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: She seem nervous? Almost frightened sometimes?

Aurora nods. Seleana sighs heavily and looks her daughter in the eyes.

Seleana Zdunich: You know how Lucy was born different, ja?

Aurora nods.

Seleana Zdunich: She still has to worry about that. She is anxious because other people do not approve of who she is. They will call her things that are not kind or pleasant. Some days, she is relieved because she can just be herself with Freja and us. Some days she is not allowed and is reminded that others still think of her as the other. Those who think that way can be cruel and it is a reminder that she must fight just to be herself and it makes her uncomfortable in her own skin.

Aurora just stares back at her mother.

Aurora Zdunich: Meanies should leave her alone! Lucy is a nice lady and she and Freja are too awesome together!

Seleana can’t help but smile at this response. Pride radiates out of the Swedish woman.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, and we must help her. We can give her that place where she does not need to worry about that with our family.

Aurora nods happily.

Aurora Zdunich: I love her, I hope she and Freja get married like you and Mommy!

Seleana nods, her pride growing with every second.

Seleana Zdunich: It would be nice, ja?

Aurora nods.

Aurora Zdunich: Is Alex going to come back?

Caught off-guard, Seleana catches herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I… do not know. She is having a rough go of things lately and needed some time to think alone. I give her my love and my support because it is what she need just now.

Aurora nods slowly.

Aurora Zdunich: Is it my fault she left?

Seleana quickly moves to hold her daughter.

Seleana Zdunich: No, Lilla Du. It is not. Alex is not back at her home because of anything you do. She is just looking at herself and seeing what she really want and what she can do to achieve that.

Aurora hugs her mother as Seleana kisses the top of her head.

Seleana Zdunich: You are a wonderful blessing. Sometimes, things happen and we do not fully understand why they must happen. Alex must decide for herself what she wants. She must find her path and we must allow her the time and the freedom to find that path.

Aurora nods slowly.

Aurora Zdunich: I hope she comes back, I miss her.

Seleana hugs the child again.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, that is me as well.

Aurora looks up at Seleana’s eyes.

Aurora Zdunich: Does Mommy want her back too?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, she does.

Aurora smiles.

Aurora Zdunich: Good Mommy!

She hugs Seleana and hops up off the bed.

Aurora Zdunich: Can we go play now?

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, let us do this.

Seleana gets up and allows Aurora to lead the way.

On-Camera

Friday, July 16, 2021
Zdunich Mini Suite
Sun Princess
7:00 PM  PDT

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing in the stateroom she shares with her wife, Christina Rose directly in front of the bed. Her expression is one of annoyed recognition.   

Seleana Zdunich: I expected more from Austin James Mercer. I also expected more from Tempest…

She shakes her head like a disappointed mother.

Seleana Zdunich: You dismiss me because my wife…

The disappointment only seems to insify.

Seleana Zdunich: Just as everyone else has because it is the easiest way to do so and the path of least resistance. Who will argue with you about that when it comes to me, after all, ja?

Nodding sadly, Seleana steps back and sits resignedly on the bed.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, Miles and I have never teamed before, had no talks of doing such things. I have never had a mixed tag team match before but I won this opportunity like I have many others before it. I had no help from anyone to gain it.

She points to herself, almost gently.

Seleana Zdunich: I won this… not my wife, no anyone else, I did.

The jab into her own chest gets slightly harder the second time around.

Seleana Zdunich: I did that three times with Alicia Lukas as World Champion. No one else helped me get those chances, I won them even after I was no longer the World Champion.

Her head turns slightly to the right and she nods as she shrugs just enough to convey the motion without overdoing it.

Seleana Zdunich: But we do not speak of this, do we?

Looking down to the floor, she shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: No, we only speak of the time my wife did things and no one was happy after. We speak of the time she interfered in the match with Alicia and I and then we speak of the time she gave me a shot, but we do not speak of how that was a fourway and there were three other people in the match that could have risen up to stop me.

She looks back up directly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: But they did not and I won.

Her gaze does not waver.

Seleana Zdunich: We do not speak of how…

She nods in acknowledgement.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, my wife interfered in that match when I won the world championship but we do not speak of how after that I did not lose it back to Alicia and clawed my way to other shots that some could have stopped me from winning…

Again, she looks directly into the camera.

Looking to the floor again, Seleana sits forward on the bed.

Seleana Zdunich: We do not speak about how before I was even able to challenge Alicia the first time, I was placed in a veritable gauntlet of obstacles by Christian Underwood for both his amusement and to test me and that there were several who had the chance to stop me from ever rising to that first opportunity…

Yet again, she looks directly into the camera.

She nods pointedly to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: You stand there and you speak of me as if I have walked through nothing to get here and you use it as a reason to dismiss me and my entire family as if everyone who uses my surname has always relied upon my wife for clout and standing even though my cousin and my sister both started over a decade ago before any of us had even heard of my wife. They were both able to achieve standing on their own without any help from my wife. My cousin’s husband is a six-time world champion who, to my knowledge, has never met my wife and thus owes nothing to her. My daughter-in-law has achieved championship standing in SCU with no help from anyone on the Hilton or Williams side of the family.

Sitting up straight, Seleana spreads her arms wide as if to encompass everything around her.

Seleana Zdunich: Indeed, no one from that side of the family even currently competes for SCU and has not for a very long time.

Again, she sits forward on the bed, leaning her arms on her knees.

Seleana Zdunich: But if you want to speak about who has actually helped me the most it is not my wife. My wife caused an ending to one match and she awarded another, but there is one person who could have changed the entire flow of my career had she managed to win just one match against me.

Her right hand allows the index finger to rise into a number one.

Seleana Zdunich: One person who has had many opportunities to stop me and has failed all along the way and is now calling out to one of your own in the Wolfslair. One woman who could have stopped me from ever challenging Alicia Lukas. One woman who could have stopped subsequent championship opportunities. One woman who could have stopped me from becoming Roulette Champion. One woman who could have made my reign a one week’s time punchline. One woman who could have stopped all of that…

The index finger retracts as she looks directly into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: But she did not and I won.

Again she nods pointedly.

Seleana Zdunich: So if you wish to blame someone for my existence in this match, blame someone for my existence in SCW as a championship contender, then you need look no further than the woman Alicia is currently demanding a fight with…

A look of quiet determination comes over her, mixing in a slight hint of contempt.

Seleana Zdunich: Jessie Salco!

Standing up, Seleana nods to the camera angrily.

Seleana Zdunich: Time and time again, Jessie Salco was gifted the opportunity to spare you all my name appearing anywhere near the top of the card. Jessie Salco was gifted the opportunity to keep me from ever rising above being simply Christina Rose’s Swedish Barbie Trophy Wife!  Jessie Salco was gifted the opportunity to keep from winning anything. Jesse Salco could have stopped me from ever being here to darken your doorstep. 

She glares directly into the camera, pointing at herself again.

Seleana Zdunich: But she did not and I won.

She points to herself even more vigorously.

Seleana Zdunich: I won to move forward after the punch on Christian Underwood. I won to move up the card. I won to challenge Alicia Lukas. I won to make my presence in the sphere of the world championship be more than a one-time fluke and I won to become the roulette champion and show I could be more than just the girl that happened into a championship because her wife was having a rough go inside her own head at the time!

Her hand drops out of the shot.

Seleana Zdunich: And now I won to challenge you.

Seleana nods one last time.

Seleana Zdunich: There was no Christina involved in me being in that match. There was no Christina involved in me winning that match. I got my Golden Ticket to face you all on my own and while I did not know going in what is was for, and ja, I have barely met my partner, but that does not stop me. I bring everything I have to this as I always have. And if we win, it’ll be one more time someone could have stopped me from doing something they did not like the sound of or the sight of...     

The glare intensifies.

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
You want me to do what?
Aboard the Sun Princess

“Teach a dance class.”

Miles just stares for a moment, blinking to reset his brain. He shakes his head and turns to look at one of the stage hands that has come over to talk to him during dinner, “....I’m sorry, I think I just had a stroke, one more time?

“Come on, Milo. Think about it! You can hypnotize people with that ass...” he said which caused others that were sitting at the table to damn near spit take whatever they were eating and drinking at the moment.

This caused Miles to lift his eyebrow at them for a moment, “Ok, despite me and Derek Hough having the same hair, I am not even remotely qualified to be teaching anything that remotely is close to resembling dancing.” Milo says with a laugh, “So thanks but...

The stage hand looks like he’s about to give up when he sees he’s being watched closely. He drops down next to Miles and almost with eyes that would rival Puss-n-Boots, says, “It’s a publicity stunt, if anything. Do it shirtless and we’ll be able to sell it on Pay Per View.”

Very funny. Look, as a member of Wolfslair I have a certain reputation to uphold.” Miles says as he stands up and tries to remove himself from the situation.

“Fenris did something similar a couple years ago. He taught a martial arts class that was just packed!”

That almost changes his mind for a moment before he looks behind him to see the kid, hot on his heels, as he makes his way to the bar, “Yeah and if you make the announcement of “Come meet Miles Kasey and have him teach you how to shake your ass like him.” I doubt it’ll have the same punch.

Miles motions to the bartender, the kid tries again with the big eyes, “So no?”

The bartender steps up, “Another 7 & 7?”

Miles nods, before turning his attention to the stage hand, he sighs and tilts his head just right to where the light catches perfectly on his blue green eyes, “I respectively decline, but thanks anyway.

YOU HAVE TO FIGHT! FOR YOUR RIGHT! TO PAAAAAAAAAAAAARTAAAAAAAAAY!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Night has fallen aboard the cruise ship and needless to say the drinks have been flowing and the party is pretty much poppin’. As the sounds of the 1986 Charting Hit from the group of Michael "Mike D" Diamond, Adam "MCA" Yauch and Adam "Ad-Rock" Horovitz aka The Beastie Boys’ “(You Gotta) Fight For Your Right To Party” blare through the sound system, and we see very inebriated, shirtless Milo on top of the bar that is closest to the pool. People surround him, cheering on the stupidity as Miles dances like a fool atop the bar, like he’s a member of the Chippendales group.

The dance eventually turns into a striptease as all his inhibitions are in the bottom of an empty bottle with little care of the consequences. In the blink of an eye his boardshorts drop, leaving him in his black and white Calvins and screaming, runs and jumps into the deep end of the pool which leads to a bunch of the same type of crazies to follow.

He surfaces in the middle of the mass who seem to enjoy being so close to the British star. “NEXT ROUND IS ON ME!

That brings a large round of cheers and more bodies jumping into the pool.

Pounding comes to the door of his cabin as a loud round of snores fills it. More thumping comes and this time it knocks whomever is snoring in the bed out of their deep sleep. A pillow gets thrown off as we see Miles, laying on his stomach, his hair completely disheveled. As the pounding at the door gets louder, “YEAH! ....Gimmie a damn mo!” his voice croaks out.

He shuffles down the bed and stops for a moment, lifting the sheets he realizes, “Well apparently it was a good night.” as another knock comes to the door. “YEAH YEAH!” Wrapping the sheet around him tight he answers the door and the same stage hand stands there, “Mate, do you have any idea what time it is?

“11am?”

Is it really that late? Shit, it must have been a really good night.

“That’s why I’m here.” he hands Miles a sheet of the daily itinerary. “I’ve been told to make up for last night that you really don’t have a choice.”

Miles rubs his eyes and looks down the paper, and sees:

Dance Party
Hosted by SCW Star Miles Kasey

Miles just stares at it for a moment and sighs, “Fine.

“I’ll pass the word. By the way, last night? That was perhaps one of the craziest parties ever!”

Glad you remember it. I’m sure blackmail will pop up that will stir the memory.

“Well it was amazing!”

Miles just nods, pulling the sheet tight around him, steps back and closes the door. He leans against it and sighs for a moment before something catches his eye. On the table in his room sits a piece of paper, folded in half. He picks it up and reads it outloud, “Thanks for an amazing night.” he looks it over again just to see if there was a name but nothing.

Well, Milo...ya did it again.” looking around the room, “I have a feeling I’m gonna need maid service today.

I Know Nothing About You, You Know Nothing About Me
Can’t We Just Agree to Disagree?

In the halls of the ship, Miles walks, hat on backwards, sunglasses on his face, in workout clothing, a large gym bag over his shoulder, and a gallon of water carried in his left hand, “Day 1 teams, no working together, not even a hello....that is something our teams have in common. DESPITE what my partner thinks, Tempest is not a member of Wolfslair and oy what a goose egg that was to hear.

Miles adjust the dark sunglasses and takes a large chug of his water from the gallon, “No, see Selena, as amazing as I think it would be to have a beast of a woman like her in Wolfslair, she is her own island. Even I was paying attention when Alicia decided to teach Austin a lesson. Remember that whole Queen for a Day thing? She thought that forcing Austin to team with someone outside of Wolfslair, would teach him some sort of lesson about playing nice with others.

He stops and groans for a moment, as if the motion of the ship is causing issues with him being in pain, “INSTEAD! We are in that same almost strange situation where I am forced to play nice with someone I don’t know, for titles that I’ve never held. It’s almost headache inducing....the kind you get with a hangover where if you don’t get enough water the next day, the kind where you rather have a railroad spike driven through your sinuses than deal with the amount of pain you brought on yourself.

And that’s sort of the amazing part of it, I brought this on myself. The pain, the headache, the unknown of what you did after a certain point in the night...the how exactly you got yourself into this situation AND thankfully having the good sense to have protection.

I could have easily been taking on Gabriel, but he’s been busy this week entertaining his mother....which, I do hope she is enjoying this time with her boy, she so deserves it. And I know that I deserve better than this. I’m going to pay my repentance for this because I know Austin is gonna be out to make a lesson out of me. This pirate wolf has zero issue in the fact that he’s gonna be getting his ass thrown all across the ring but at the end of the day, he knows that I gotta do what I have to do to win. Can Selena HONESTLY say the same?” he comes up to a door that says ‘Conference 1’ and leans against the door ledge, “And will she have my back? Knowing that across the ring stands a man that is practically family. He may see me as an annoying little brother, but at the end of the day we got each other's backs. Don’t know if I can say that about you, partner.

I digress, I don’t think Selena will be the type that will actually throw a knife in the back of her partner when she too wants the same thing, a victory and 10 pounds of gold in her bag coming off this ship.” he reaches for the handle but stops himself, looking back up with a boyish smirk, “But then again, does she want a partner that gets the kind of attention that I get?

And with that he pops the door as a load of people have piled into the room, waiting for his arrival, “Well hello! I take it you are all here for that dance class?

We hear cheers as the door closes and the music starts to blare on the other side.

Offline Austin James Mercer

• View Profile
    • Austin James Mercer
The reason

The last few days had been amazing. The food, the atmosphere, meet and greets with fans and other experiences. Austin and his wife had spent time alone as well as with the other members of wolfslair, the family they had built up over the last few years. Other members of the gym had to stay behind, hold down the fort, as well as work their own bookings. Meanwhile Alex and Charlie Jones the head honchos of Wolfslair New York and Wolfslair Orlando were on this cruise, head trainers Alicia Lukas and Austin James Mercer were relaxing.

The warm sun, the drinks, the relaxing nature as well as the fun and games all led towards a fan experience and one with SCW that no one would forget.

Austin stretched, he moved along the deck, his eyes moving from the water and back out towards the sunset as his hands moved across the railing. A smile coming across his face as he closed his eyes and took in the salty sea air. Alex smirked and moved up next to him, his arms folding over his chest. ”It’s definitely a sight isn’t it?” Austin smiled and gave a small nod before turning back and leaning against the rail. ”Ready for your title defence? Bonded with your partner?”

Austin gave a small nod and looked over at Alex. ”You know, I was really unsure when Alicia made that match. I thought she was punishing me or, I don’t know, playing a joke on me.”

”And now?”

Austin shrugged and cast his mind back, thinking about his time with Tempest. ”Now, well, I see there’s more to her than what you see on the surface. And I get why Alicia did it…” He trails off for a moment and swallows. ”I lost myself. I lost who I was, but at the same time, I needed to change.” There was sincerity in his voice, Alex just stood and listened looking at his friend and former student. ”And now, I have found that medium, I let people step over me Alex, I let people take advantage of the respect I freely gave...but now...they have to fucking earn it..”

Alex cleared his throat and smirked. ”And teaming with Tempest has shown you that?”

”I needed to team with someone else, outside Wolfslair, and Tempest has earned my respect, earned my trust. We’re champions and she also..” He paused for a moment choosing his words carefully. ”She’s been through some shit. Like real shit. She knows where she wants to be and will work hard, that level of ethic and heart should be respected…”

Alex smiled and stepped forward tapping Austin on the shoulder. ”Sounds like the makings of a good team.”

”Yeah, Alicia was right. But at the same time...I want that world title back.” Austin spit with venom, his hands closing into fists

Alexs’ demeanor changed to, he sighed and came face to face with Austin. ”I know, but I’m gunning for it to. I have no problems with both of us having sights set on it, but remember this, if you go overboard again, if you turn into that guy you were...you’re out of wolfslair…”

”I know...I remember” Alex had warned him, after the last few months, Austin changing, ap;ologising, realising his mistakes. If it happened again, there would be no third chances. He took a deep breath in and turned back as the sun finished going down, the smell of food coming from inside the dining deck moved out and across the ship. Austin swallowed hard, the mood turning awkward and quiet before he broke the silence. ”Come on...our wives will wonder where the hell we went”

”They should know wherever there’s food...you’ll follow”

Austin chuckled and walked towards the door. ”I’m six foot six, two hundred and sixty five pounds Alex...you should be impressed I’m not eating right now..”

A thank you

”We all make mistakes…”

Austin shakes his head and smiles.

”Caleb Storms made one when he got in my way, Fenris’ brother made one when he mouthed off. But one thing that wasn’t a mistake, was Alicia selecting Tempest to team with me. A woman who is honestly capable of things that would make most people run for their lives. In fact, if Tempest put her mind to it, if she walked down to that ring with Myra Rivers and Amber Ryan, well, Tempest would be the one walking out with two championships to add to the mixed tag team titles.”

“That might seem like a big call, but I have seen what she is capable of in the ring, in the gym and the mindset she has.”

“Tempest is the perfect partner for me. She has the same kind of attitude and work ethic I do and I pity any team who has to face us. Especially this one. You saw what we did to Bea and Bill Barnhart. You saw how we destroyed them verbally before doing it physically too. You saw what we are capable of facing and defeating a team who are husband and wife, who know each other incredibly well. But our challengers, as we have said, are two people who don’t know each other very well. Two people unlucky enough to win matches an an opportunity at OUR championships. Miles Kasey and Seleana Zdunich.”

“And while I know Milo and Seleana, it appears as if Seleana hasn’t been paying attention….and that is a mistake.”

Austin folds his large arms over his chest and shakes his head. His long hair tied back away from his face in a ponytail.

”Seelana stood there and listed members of wolfslair, and included Tempest in it. And while Tempest is my tag team partner and a champion, while Tempest would be more than worthy of being a member of the gym, the truth is, that she isn’t. She isn’t a member of the gym, she isn’t a member of the group. And the fact Seleana did that little research into her opponents tells you all you need to know about her.”

“It’s like all she did was listen to what I had to say, get some sand in her cooch and then complain in her promo. Whining about how she was a former champion after I pointed out that Alicia was nice top her and I wouldn’t be. And I meant it Sel…”

“You aren’t a former champion...you’re a name that should be black ed off that fucking record.”

“You got it handed to you as a consolation prize to stay with your abusing, moronic, cheating, arrogant, dumbfuck wife. And you took that title with both hands. You took the title and all the prestige that went with it and when you realised what happened and how everyone viewed you, when you realised that everyone thought you were a joke, you backpedaled, you backpedaled fast. But, as the months and years have gone on, you went from not accepting your win, to suddenly shouting it from the rooftops at me because I dared to refuse to kiss your ass like everyone else does….”

“Tempest is going to fucking eat you alive Seleana...and not in the way you probably wish, since your wife is too busy giving it to everyone else..”

Austin pauses and smiles.

”But, while Tempest will be busy destroying Seleana, I’ll be in the ring with Miles Kasey. And as I said, I respect Miles, he’s a member of Wolfslair, unlike Tempest, and he’s someone who I have watched train, I have watched in the ring. Miles is a great professional wrestler and an excellent competitor.But, as I said. Miles, you need to step up. You need to put all that heart, all that effort and all that fire I see in the gym day in and day out and put it in the goddamn ring. You need to be the competitor we know you can be.”

“So, I’m going to help you. Like a leader should.”

“I am going to elevate you through competition Miles. But I can only help you if you also agree to help yourself.”:

“You can’t think about the past Miles, about all the championship opportunities you have lost and let slip through your fingers, about the losses to guys like Alex, no, you need to look to the future, accept what you can do and what you can be about. Cause lets face it, the past, in SCW...isn’t bright. But your future might be. Win or lose as long as you learn something Miles. So, let me teach you. Let me teach you a lesson that will help you become the man you’re destined to be. And when we’re done, when we head to the back...you can look at me...and say two simple words…”

“Thank you.”
>