Author Topic: Babys First Cruise  (Read 552 times)

Offline Candy

• View Profile
    • Candy
Babys First Cruise
« on: July 02, 2021, 10:14:25 PM »
Scene One: Baby’s First Cruise and Fireworks
Where: Candy and Marcus’s home
When: July 1st, mid afternoon.

(The scene opens up in the bedroom of Marcus Cage and Candy. On the silky pink bedcover sat 3 different suitcases wide open. In her baby swing next to the bed was baby Ruby, who looked to be about half asleep as her seat was swinging back and forth gently. At her side, as always, were Fluffy and Hero, being her protector. Marcus comes out of their big walk in closet holding a few tshirts in his hands.)

Marcus: Do you think 5 sets of clothes should be enough for the trip?

(Candy scrunched her face up, deep in thought.)

Candy: I… don’t know. Better go with 10 to be safe! You never know! What if you make a mess at dinner?

Marcus: Good point…

(He puts the shirts in his suitcase and goes back into the closet. Candy goes over to a shopping bag that was sitting by the door and goes back to the bed, pulling out several new onesies for Ruby. She unfolds one that says “Baby’s First Fourth of July” on it in red, white, and blue glitter on a black background. She sets it down on the bed, laid out flat, as she grabs an adorable little baby tutu that is made of red, white, and blue sparkly tulle. She smiles big as she sets it down on the onesie to display the outfit.)

Candy: This is your perfect outfit for your first fireworks! Oh you are gonna look so pretty. I hope the fireworks don’t scare you.

(She continued to fold several different outfits for Ruby and pack them in the suitcase.)

Candy: I’m so excited to take you on this cruise, sweet baby Ruby. You are gonna have soooo much fun… that reminds me… MARCUS??? DID YOU GET THE SUNSCREEN?

(He popped out of the closet for a moment)

Marcus: Yeah. They are on the bathroom counter. I didn’t know what kind to get so I got a few different kinds. Couldn’t risk Ruby getting a sunburn.

Candy: You are the bestest!!!

(She goes in the bathroom and grabs them, taking them back to the suitcase and putting them all in.)

Candy: I’m so excited!!! After I beat Azurril again this week… It's all eyes on the cruise ship. And Violet. That meanie head has me SO MAD!!! And I feel bad that I’m gonna let out some of that anger on Azurite. She seems really nice. She talks kinda funny tho…

Marcus: She is a bit hard to understand. I think it's the accent.

Candy: She uses funny words too. But she seems nice. And I had a really fun time wrestling her last time. I hope this time is just as much fun.

Marcus: I’m sure it will be. You always go out there and have a lot of fun. And we already know you can beat Azurine. You’ve done it before and you’ll do it again. And it will give you all the momentum going into your match against Violet. Speaking of which… have you gotten all your supplies for your glitter bombs?

(She giggled as she looked at a LARGE suitcase that was sitting on the floor, zipped up.)

Candy: Plenty of supplies!!! I’ll be working on those on the ship so they are nice and fresh and ready!!!

Marcus: That sounds perfect. Did you pack Ruby’s bathing suit?

Candy: Actually… I packed 4 of them!

Marcus: 4? When did she get 4?

Candy: I bought her 2 new ones the other day. They were so cute! And she even has one that matches mine! Isn’t that the cutest???

Marcus: I’m sure it is.

(He comes out with a few more folded shirts, and some shorts, and puts them in his suitcase. He sees the outfit on the bed and smiles.)

Marcus: It’s perfect. She will be the absolute cutest thing on that ship. Center of attention.

(He puts his arm around Candy and they both look over at Ruby, who is now full out sleeping in her swing.)

Marcus: You are balancing motherhood and wrestling so much better than people thought you would.

Candy: It’s hard sometimes. But just knowing that I am doing something that she can be proud of… makes it all worth it.

Marcus: She is very proud of you, I can tell. And she is going to be so excited when you walk out of this weeks show victorious.

(He planted a kiss on her cheek as the scene faded to black.)
user posted image