Author Topic: Baby's First Trip  (Read 530 times)

Offline Candy

• View Profile
    • Candy
Baby's First Trip
« on: April 30, 2021, 11:12:13 PM »
(The scene opens up to show Candy in her bedroom. The bedspread was… you guessed it… bright pink. Sitting on the bed was her husband, Marcus, and their daughter Ruby. Marcus was sitting with his back against the headboard and the wall, legs crossed, and Ruby was sitting on his lap. She was all smiles and giggles as she watched her momma packing clothes in a big suitcase sitting on the foot of the bed.)

Candy: I am so excited for this trip to New York! Aren't you?

Marcus: Very much so. I mean, we get to induct some of our best friends into a Hall of Fame, and host the Hall of Fame show… it doesn't get much better than that! Plus, it will be Ruby's first road trip.

(Candy folded a shirt and put it in the suitcase, then her jaw dropped)

Candy: OH EM GEE IT IS!!! I didn't even think of that! And she is gonna get to meet all of our friends and family there. She is gonna get to meet her Uncle Dynamite, Uncle David and Auntie Maria… Uncle Eddie and Auntie Jenn… OHMYGAWD SHE CAN MEET HER AUNTIE BELLA AND UNCLE MALACHI!!!!

(Marcus let out a small chuckle)

Marcus: Oh yeah. Thats the one I am looking forward to. Malachi doesn't seem like he would be a "baby guy" to me.

Candy: Its different cuz Ruby is his niece!

(Marcus raised an eyebrow)

Marcus: You see he actually isnt… ya know what… sure. Ruby has so many amazing Aunties and Uncles.

Candy: And she has Roxi and Keira as her godmother. She adores them so much.

Marcus: And Dynamite as a godfather. She is so lucky.

(Candy placed another item in the bag with a smile as she looks over to see her husband and her baby sitting there, Ruby was smiling as she played with a Marcus's finger, grasping it tightly. Sitting on each side of them were Fluffy and Hero.)

Candy: No, we are the lucky ones. If you had told me 10 years ago that I would be standing here, doing what I love in the ring, with the most supportive and sweetest husband ever, the two bestest peppers in the whole wide world, and the absolute bestest baby ever… I would have told you that you were a liar.

Marcus: Same here. I only wish my parents could have met Ruby. Would be nice if she could have grandparents in her life.

(Candy looked sad for a second… then the silence was broken by the cutest little giggling squeal out of Ruby, which caused both of them to chuckle themselves.)

Candy: OH, Miss Ruby, you know exactly when we need a good smile.

(Ruby let out the most adorable little laugh as she slapped her hands on Marcus's knees, wide smile on her face.)

Candy: You give mommy the bestest and biggest smiles, and you always know when I need cheered up. You give me such inspiration to be better at everything,  and the courage to keep going even when things are bad. I mean, I've lost my last 2 matches since I returned but I'm not sad about it. At all. I did my best.

Marcus: You have a match this week, don't you?

Candy: Yeah, against Ruby Steele. OMG I CANT FIGHT SOME ONE WITH THE SAME NAME AS MY BABY!!!

(Candy begins to panic instantly upon connecting the dots with this information.)

Marcus: Its ok, alot of people share names. Ruby is modestly common, honestly. Don't let that get inside your head.

Candy: You're right. I can't let something silly like a name cost me another match. I need to win this match.

Marcus: You know it’s about more than winning.

Candy: I know. But it doesn’t mean I don’t WANT to win. And it would be nice to head off to New York on a positive note!  David’s private jet will pick us up right after the show on Sunday. Man it’s gonna be non stop…

(She bends over and starts speaking in a silly voice towards Ruby)

Candy: Mommy’s gonna be busy busy busy and so will you! Meeting all the new people! It’s going to be so cool. But it’s all gonna start on Sunday when Mommy beats the other Ruby. Cuz we all know you are the BEST Ruby. YES YOU ARE!

(Ruby coo’s and reaches her hands out for Candy. Candy reaches back and picks her up, holding her close to her side.)

Candy: What do you think, beautiful? Should mommy beat the other Ruby real good?

(Ruby gurgled a little bit, in that cute way that babies do, which brought a smile to Candy’s face.)

Candy: Then that’s what I’m gonna do!

(She kissed Ruby on the forehead as the camera faded to black)
user posted image