Author Topic: theatre  (Read 486 times)

Offline SenorVinnie

• View Profile
    • Senor Vinnie
theatre
« on: April 23, 2021, 10:49:34 PM »
OOC: I have permission from Bill to use his characters in promo's. also i took a small nap this evening (my time to rest before finishing and coding the rp) but instead of half an hour i slept several hours and i decided not to color code it for once. i used references

U: is unknown
V: is Vinnie
B: is Bill
and W: is Willow, in hope of making it a bit easier of who is talking, apologies for this

Theatrics

U: Do you have moments of guilt Vinnie??

A question that roams Vinnie’s mind as he is seated in the Encore Theatre in Las Vegas, Nevada, the very same place that this week’s Climax Control will be hosted. He looks over his shoulder, staring down at his tag team partner Bill and his wife Bea while attempting to ignore the question inside his head.

U: What’s wrong Vinnie? Don’t you want Bill to know I am here??

A soft giggle is heard inside his brain, he has grown to accept the fact that for some reason he has an imaginable figure talking to him. At one time he talked to his friend the cactus on a daily basis and that was something that nobody would understand from him, let alone someone that only his eyes could see. He looks over towards the other side of him, allowing him to see the blonde woman once more. The one woman he realized that caused him to go crazy which caused Valora to leave him, something he has to this very day had not come to terms with.

He remains silent, yet he has so much to say to this person. Accusing her of so many things of ruining his life, not just his wrestling career even though he wants to return to where he once was. But he has to get his imagination back under control

V: You are not real…..

A soft whisper escapes his mouth, surprising himself as he quickly turns towards Bill and Bea in fear of odd looks towards him from their part. But he lets out a mental sigh of relief as he witnesses Bill to gesture something towards Bea, that causes her to roll her eyes. Vinnie slowly turns his direction towards the centre of the theatre, where the six sided ring is being built by the SCW crew, trying to forget the woman

U: You hurt my feelings Vinnie, I thought you blamed me for ruining your marriage as well as your wrestling career. But if I do not exist, then explain me why you lost it all??

A soft laughter escapes her lips, a sound he has grown to hate and she knew it.

U: You know I am right Vinnie….,

Vinnie clutches his fists, trying to restrain his anger but knows it’s futile. This “person”, whomever she was has made his life a living hell. He had hoped that she would ultimately vanish from his conscience, like every other imaginative figure before her. But the nagging sensations only grew with the day.

B: Ever wrestled in a theatre Vin??

Vinnie suddenly snaps out of his trance like thoughts, hearing the question coming from Bill as he is staring at him. Vinnie is startled by the sudden intrusion, causing him to stare at his tag team partner and his wife.

V: What???

B: This theatre Vinnie, ever thought you would be competing in the same area where they would do plays like Mac Beth??

Vinnie is still not grasping the meaning behind the words from Bill, but experience has learned him to stall these type of situations so that he would not look too suspiciously lost in thoughts.

V: I’m more a Hamlet type of guy Bill.

He puts on his million bucks type of smile, chuckling a bit before twirling his fingers through his curly hair. He knows that the look on Bill’s face is justified, cursing at himself as he knows that he cannot keep this charade up for too long… not even for Bill.

V: All kidding aside Bill, competing in such a theatre is what I am made for. It’s quite simple that wrestling and a theatre play has it’s similarities that it’s a perfect fit for yours truly.

U: How are you going to follow that up smart guy??

Vinnie ignores the smuck remark from the woman, though his brain is rattling faster and faster. Wondering if he himself would knew where he was going to direct this towards. But ultimately he knows that he could not go back anymore.

V: It’s how you built up a good story, getting the crowd invested in the main character. To appreciate the hero and hate the bad guy, to built it towards that one moment where the hero either gets the girl or dies a lonely death.

B: But Vinnie, you won’t win a girl and I am positive that you will walk out of the arena alive.

U: Oh brother, Bill has not changed a damn bit. Even I know where this is going to, why is he so stuck with his mind on Family Guy??

Vinnie somehow could not faint a chuckle from the woman that only he could see and hear. For a moment he sees her walk into view of where he was staring towards Bill and his wife as she has decided to sit down in front of him. Clearly trying to distract Vinnie from his conversation, but Vinnie won’t let her.

V: My dear Bill, of course all of these suggested words aren’t supposed to be taken too literaly. But we travel from arena to arena, on every given night we see different faces and yet we wish to tell the tale of that Super Amigo Senor Vinnie can withstand the kryptonite that every replaceable opponent playing my Lex Luthor will try to throw at me. Some have failed where others have failed… But I cannot travel away from my destiny can I???

U: Seriously?? Lex Luthor Vin?? Ugh, I wonder why HE  had chosen you? You sound like a reject form a Comicon convention, wearing nothing but Spock ears while wielding a lightsabre.

V: But Spock is from

U: Oh my God I know!! It was just a rhetorical assumption!! Jeez, please go on and enlighten that idiot!!!

He inwardly smirks, for the first time he had succeeded to anger this “person” that he has been stuck with for over two years now. Hoping that he finally has made some progress

V: I am an artist Bill, I am sophisticated and yet quick witted. I am capable of adapting to whatever scenario that is being placed in front of me. And of course I have the girl at my side at all times….

He stares at Bea and blushes slightly

V: Apologies Sernora Bea, obviously I meant lady.

He nods his head as she smiles

B: That’s all nice and dandy Vin, but you have to understand that opponents like Brother David do not work well with scripts. They are only out there for themselves and not so much tell a tale where the hero is victorious every single night.

Vinnie nods his head to the words of his tag team partner, Bill is so passionate about his craft. The art of wrestling makes him such a difficult opponent as he has a neck for the business. Making him remember why the two of them are always on the same page even though they are two totally different characters.

V: You have to understand Bill, I…..

Suddenly everything around him freezes as if the ice age has swallowed him up completely. Bill and Bea are silent, not even a hint of breathing could be detected by Vinnie as this causes him to get concerned.

V: Bill???

U: Don’t you worry Vinnie, soon you two can share your fascination of who can play the iceberg that gets crashed into by the other playing the damn Titanic. But I had to stop this before it would get out of hand as HE hates waiting.

Once again that HE reference that she has come up with for so long that has made Vinnie wonder.

U: I know you are wondering who this HE is Vinnie, or whomever I am for that matters.

He wants to say something, but she cuts him off rather quickly. Not caring to wait for him to respond.

U: HE is what you are lacking Vinnie, oh sure you can once again remember the world that you are a former World and Internet champion. But this is a “what have you done for me lately?” type of industry Vinnie. And quite frankly, you have been an embarrassment.

There’s an amount of rage boiling up inside of him, but he decides to wait for that moment where hopefully she would unravel something more about this HE…. Hoping that he could put one and one together and find out who she is. He stares at her dark blonde hair, her face reveals that she is in her late thirties or even early forties. For some reason she looks familiar and yet he could not recall ever seen her on television before.

U: It bothers you doesn’t it Vinnie??

He grimaces, she could apparently also read his mind. He decides to remain calm, listening to every words she utters in the hope of finding a clue of whomever she or more importantly this HE could be.

U: Oh you are so cute when you try to be all serious and smart Vin, besides your physical attributes you have the facial ability to express yourself in such ways that HE always did….

V: I highly doubt that… I…

U: Of course you are merely a novice in comparison to this legendary entity Vinnie. He was such a spectacle to behold… His name was short, but down to the point Vinnie. When they heard HIS name, they knew that they better had to find a way to survive…. Or else they would fail miserably…. Just like your career since losing your world title

A sneer can be seen across his lips before returning to a cold and icy glare.

U: I could tell you so many tales about Him….,

V: Oh please do, because I am getting tired of being held in riddles and having to guess who HE is…. You better stop with this BS or

U: Or else what Vinnie?? Are you going to reveal that you have an imaginary stalker the next time you walk past a police office?? Turn me in?? have me handcuffed?? It all sounds so much like an episode of Law And Order gone wrong isn’t it???

He senses the sarcasm from her, he had grown used to it by now that people have gotten like this in real life. But now having an imaginary figure backing him into an corner that he senses that he finds himself trapped shocks him.

V: I….

U: You are what Vinnie? Sorry?? You want to apologise to me for all that you have said or done?? Isn’t that what makes you so weak in the first place??

V: I….

U: What is it this time?? You didn’t meant to be such a weak minded fool?? Or is it a phase you are going through Vin?? What is it this time? Oh yes, you want to play by the rules isn’t it? You want to be liked and cheered for by the fans, respected by your fellow colleagues and peers??

There’s silence, unable to respond to what she has said. As it is all true, shocked that she knows him seemingly better than he knows himself. His eyes are slowly starting to get moist, he is trying to resist the tears to fall but is unable to do so. The accusations are so familiar, it takes him back to prior to his marriage to Valora. How she accused him to do the same thing, but her reasoning were that he was too selfish for doing anything to get ahead in the business of pro wrestling. That he would lose his loved ones, his friends and family if he kept doing this without caring about others.

U: Oh yes, sweet little Lora. How happy you were when you seemingly won over her heart weren’t you??

V: Shut…..up

Words that were uttered in a soft whisper that could barely be registered by a human ear, emotions taking over his self-control.

U: What was that Vin?? You want me to be quiet?? For what?? Telling the truth?? Reality is a tough pill to swallow isn’t it Vin?? You are pathetic, a loser that hides his true self. Not wanting to allow the real world to see that the former World and Internet Champion Senor Vinnie is nothing more than a weak and sad little puppy when the camera’s have stopped rolling. Is that it Vin? Because that’s what I am getting from just showing you a tip from the iceberg that is what HE can do to anyone else out there that stands in HIS way Vin. HE is laughing at your weak excuses to hide behind as if you are a little boy, hiding behind his mother’s skirt looking for her protection and love.

V: P…. please… stop

Again another whisper, this one is a bit harder than the first one. But still has nothing that could be identified as menacing, what resulted in her just laughing cynical.

U: You think I am hurting you on purpose don’t you?? Oh Vinnie…, I am merely helping you…

V: Helping…. Me??? HOW????

The words seem to have an effect in his mind as his mouth open up, allowing more force to bellow behind his words. Causing him to feel another surge of power run though his body, not sure where this comes from.

U: How? Why? When?? Where? Questions, always questions. You seek answers in the wrong directions Vinnie. Snap out of it!! I am not Valora that holds your hand, tells you that everything will be okay after losing another match, while rolling her eyes in disgust to see you in a puddle of your own tears.

V: Stop it!!!

U: Oh now you are getting upset huh?? I sense a pattern here, firs it’s disbelief… then you enter the emotional state before finishing off with the anger and anguish because you are finally putting the dots together and see that you have been wrong all along. And of course when anger comes to shove, you want to put the blame upon someone else. Anyone besides yourself huh Vin???

He wants to open his mouth in disagreement, to tell her how wrong she is…. But realizes that it’s exactly what she just had said what would happen with him. Causing him to blink with his eyes and realizes that she is right

V: Help me…..

A soft laughter is heard, this time it’s not hers but that of a man. Vinnie’s head snaps away from her, looking around the theatre, searching for the figure but is unable to find him.

V: Is that HIM???

She stares at him, her eyes are burning with desire. Her face reveals the answer behind his question without responding to him. His hands grips the edges of his seat, digging his fingers into the woodwork as his muscles tenses.

V: Show yourself!!!!!

U: It’s way too early for that Vinnie, you aren’t ready to get to the next phase of our…..

There’s a moment of silence, he stares into the eyes of the woman. She is enjoying the control that she has over him with every passing second. Licking her lips before closing her eyes for a few seconds until she reopens them once more.

U: Our relationship Vinnie…, you see. I want you to suffer, I want you to squirm before my very watchful eyes. I want you to resist my every word that I have spoken, even though you know that I am right…. But you are a hot blooded male competitor…. A man that has always done his thing HIS way isn’t it?? So go ahead, be the good little boy that you apparently wish to be until it makes you realize that it leads you to a dead end.

There’s silence

U: And just when you want to turn around to find a new path to travel on, you will find US standing there and take control over you Vinnie… And when we decide to swallow your misery completely, it will be time that HE reveals himself. Not just to you Vinnie, but to the world that has wronged me and HIM…. But until that moment comes…. I will wish you good luck…..

Suddenly she vanishes and Vinnie is back into the reality where Bill and Bea are standing over him. Realizing that somehow he has managed to fall off of his seat and knocked his head over something hard. Causing him to ask himself what in the hell is going on.

To be continued.

Let me Help you

We come back where Vinnie is sitting behind his tablet, dressed in a white polo and matching white short shorts. He has his sunglasses on top of his head as he is drinking a glass of orange juice while waiting for the zoom call he has with Pussy Willow.

V: I hope this will spark a charm offence to win over the hearts of the fans and gain some respect from the other wrestlers and bombshells.

He speaks out to himself as nobody is around him, clearly being nervous to make a good impression as suddenly someone is trying to make contact with him. He accepts the video call request by zoom and is staring into the face of

V: Bill??? What are you doing here?? I am waiting for Willow to call me for an interview.

We see Bill sit there in a pink jumpsuit with matching sneakers as he is sitting on his couch with Iris the Bulldog next to him smiling.

B: Gee Vin, I thought you would be happy to see me!!

Vinnie scratches the back of his head for a moment before chuckling a little.

V: Of course I do, but I just expected Willow as we had an appointment. I

B: Don’t worry my friend, I was just messing. I just want to wish you luck and I will see you this Sunday as I am rooting for you in your match with Brother David.

The infamous smile re-emerges upon the face of Vinnie, nodding his head in appreciation

V: Thanks amigo, I appreciate it. I am looking forward to be back in the ring again.

B: That’s a good thing bud, now I will let you be as I hear the doorbell. We ordered pizza and Iris hasn’t eten yet in a half an hour or so…. So she’s hungry

This causes Vinnie’s eyes to grow wide, wanting to reply but is unable to as Bill already has ended the call. But another follows it up as Vinnie was just about to call Bill back as he answers the new call instead and we see the face of Willow.

V: Buenos Dias senorita Willow, Como Estas???

We see a smile emerge upon the face of Willow, who didn’t expected the kind reaction from the man that has been a bit mean to her in the past.

W: Bien Vinnie, y tu???

V: Bien senorita, gracias.

W: Well Vinnie, I want to thank you for taking time to talk to me. I have some questions that I wanted to ask about your upcoming match against Brother David Shepherd, but before I get into that. I want to ask you what has changed??

Vinnie raises an eyebrow.

V: What do you mean Willow???

W: Well you have been known as someone that has been a rulebreaker in the past, that has done some harsh things to others and has been quite mean to people, yours truly included.

Vinnie raises an eyebrow before smiling

V: Well Willow, I realized the errors of my ways and I wanted to do something different. I feel like I have not shown the real Vinnie that was hiding behind the mask of what you all thought was Senor Vinnie.

W: Interesting answer Vinnie, because a lot of people are sceptic behind your good deed character if you don’t mind me using that term to describe your change???

This causes Vinnie to grow a look of surprise to her comment.

V: Is that what you people think I am doing?? Portraying a character???

We can see Willow look for the right words to answer his question, clearly searching for something to say that won’t upset him.

W: Well Vinnie, some people are questioning whether this is just you trying something that you have been doing several times in the past. Wondering how long it will take before you step back into the rule breaking routine that you have done in the past.

This time it’s Vinnie that is quiet for a few moments, he turns his face away from his table to gather his thoughts for a few moments before nodding his head and turn his attention back to Willow.

V: I understand their and perhaps your concern Willow, I admit I have done similar things in the past and it did not last too long before I had fallen into the ways of old. Now I also know that I can promise all that I can to try to win over their hearts and hopefully their believe in me, but I realise that I have to show it in the ring and in outside of it.

W: And what will you do to achieve that goal Vinnie???

V: Well today for instance I have been doing some community work in down town Las Vegas and I have to say it warmed my heart to help people in need.

Willow smiles

W: That’s great Vinnie, care to share what you have done???

Vinnie nods his head as his smile widens

V: Well today for instance I have been helping people of all ages cross the street as taking the role as crossover. It was so fulfilling

W: Wow that is amazing Vinnie, but you said today??? How early did you get up from your bedroom??

V: 9 am of course Willow, why you ask???

We see the look on her face as she hears the answer from Vinnie.

W: Err…, Vin?? Right now it’s 11 am…., you mean to tell me that you were doing that for like an hour or so???

Vinnie’s look on his face becomes questionable.

V: An hour?? Oh of course not Willow, I had to shower and then I had to choose what clothes I had to wear that would fit my cross over jacket that I had received from the kind people that do this line of work. And I got on the street around half past ten this morning.

W: Half past 10?? That means…..

V: Now before you start to say anything about the time period, this line of work is very fulfilling. I felt a rush of responsibility that I have not felt in a long time and it changed me as a person.

W: But…, Vinnie…, that was….

V: Before you ask me another question Willow, I realize that helping that elderly lady was in my opinion the highlight of the day as well as a weird turn of events

W: Uhm, why???

V: Well it turned out that she did not wanted to cross the street at all, talking about gratitude

W: Err… Vin??

V: I mean I assumed that she was waiting for me to help her to grab her by the arm and assist her to the other side of the street. Obviously I could not do that because of Corona restrictions, but that’s why I grabbed the walker that she was holding

Willow puts her hand before her mouth in shock

V: It took me 15 minutes to get her cross the street, I was tired and sweaty. But at least I was grateful, I was on top of the world… but then she explained that she was looking for her keys to enter the house that was across the street. So she asked me to help her cross the street once more

W: And I assume you did??

Vinnie’s face turns into a questionable one

V: Of course not, don’t you know the handbook of crossovers right:??

There’s silence

V: Clearly not, as it states that I cannot take someone to the other side of the road when this person clearly violated the jurisdiction of being a crossover. Also I saw how late it was and I had to get changed to talk to you

W: Err… I guess, but I am sure that you will go back after this interview is over right???

V: Nah, I have my beauty sleep after this. I am beat.

This causes her to turn silent for a few moments before she and Vinnie are doing the remainder of the interview that can be seen on the Sin City Wrestling’s network as we cut to a commercial break

The shot returns

V: Well hello Brother David… I hope you won’t mind me calling you Dave…. I want to apologise for any inconvenience to you and to the fans for having our first match postponed, due to circumstances beyond our reach so to say. But what a better way to once again do what we love to do the most, by being on Climax Control 299. The one show before the big 3-0-0

That’s right, next show is 300 and boy I cannot wait to see whether I will be booked on that one. I already know that I have volunteered to do so, but of course many out there are really gearing up to be there too huh?? But I should not wander off to 100 different things and give props to those who are due. I mean seriously Dave, I have to tell the world that I feel a connection with you. And now before you go on and jump to a conclusion out there on social media all of you Vinnie bashers. I am referring to the fact that me and Dave?? Well we dare to be different, we dare to express ourselves in a way that is non-conventual. I know a difficult word, but that’s where dictionaries are for to help out….

And you are welcome for this week’s words of wisdom from Vinnie, a weekly thing that I would like to introduce to the watchful viewers out there. Because I want to make a change in this world as I feel there isn’t enough role models that the fans can look up to.

And I am that Vinnie

He smiles as he nods his head for a moment.

V: And I know that Dave is the same way, that makes us so likeable, so believable and downright different than anyone out there. And that’s a good thing, that makes people like you out there want to take notice and tell the world out there that they can be like us. It’s something that I feel so comfortable with by saying that if I manage to change one person’s life in a positive way?? Then I feel I have done my job. Because lets face it, it is difficult to touch the lives of others by being yourself…. Ask Dave, he will admit it as well… maybe he will use different words, words that very well be too difficult or biblical for you to understand… but that’s okay!!! Because when you understand, you have shown you take time and interest to understand someone like him…. or something.

But you get he point don’t you?? I just hope that when our match happens that you out there, the fans out there can look each other in the eyes and tell each other that it’s okay. Okay to cheer for one of us or either of us, as long as we are united. United in a belief that respect can take us to greater heights that I am already convinced that it will take me.

I just wished it would not come to the expense of you my amigo Dave, I mean in the short time that I have gotten to think about what you stand for and who you are. It made me understand how much you value your believes and how you wish to express yourself. And I respect that, to the point where I think besides the fact that you are extremely passionate… and where I may put some asterisks here and there on whether we ever will agree upon.. I realize that if I have to move on in this line of work that we both are so passionate about… I realize that one of us have to swallow a rather big pill.

He nods his head and sighs

V: But I know that you can get back on your own two feet Dave, because you have been doing that all your life hasn’t it?? Never taking crap from others, even if they were right. Because it’s what you stand for and I applaud you… even if it is possible a wrong turn that may take you to weird places… but that’s beside the point. The point is that we both have to agree that I need to win…. Errr the fans need this win. And then we both will be truly and utterly happy….

So before I wave off to the sunset and tell the people to take their vitamins and kiss their grannies on their polaroid pictures mouths… to stay positive and support us in the good cause to make this world a better place to be in…. so Dave…. I see you on Climax Control.. and I hope you will understand the truth behind my words

With that the shot fades.