Author Topic: Putting the band together (BFTP round one)  (Read 520 times)

Offline SenorVinnie

• View Profile
    • Senor Vinnie
Putting the band together (BFTP round one)
« on: February 17, 2021, 02:06:26 PM »
OOC: I want to clarify that i have permission to use the character of Alicia Lukas in my rp from my tag partner in this tournament. i hope you enjoy

The Blast From The Past Blues part one…. Mariachi style

Rage Against The Machine

Test… one, two… test… one, two….. do you hear me???

A soft whistle can be heard from a blonde woman sitting at a table in the restaurant area of the hotel where every member of the SCW roster reside. She is drinking a glass while staring at a man sitting on a chair on a stage, finetuning his guitar and testing the microphone at the same time.

Now I know that I have not performed for a while, seeing that we aren’t allowed to perform in front of crowds… that and me having to deal with the mere fact that I am the most eligible single out there on the Sin City Wrestling roster

A soft cough can be heard as the woman is clearing her throat.

Excuse me???

The woman looks up, turning out to be former Sin City Bombshell champion Alicia Lukas. Member of the group called Wolfslair.

Look Vinnie, I just came here because we are paired to be tag team partners, both of us want to win this tournament. The only thing I am wondering is…., why did you ask me out here?? Shouldn’t we train or something??? Work on a strategy against our opponents???

The camera turns back to the man that is seated on stage, having his curly hair shine in the spotlight that is above him. He is wearing a white blouse that has the top buttons open so we can see part of his muscular chest. He is wearing black tights and black boots that have music notes in silver attached to it as this reminds us all of his mariachi background. He is quiet for a few moments, overthinking the words that his tag team partner spoke to him before smiling and nodding his head.

I understand Senorita Alicia, of course we should and will do that. But I just wanted us to have some quality time together, building some trust between us before we embark upon a mission that is for the ages. The task of you and me, winning this tournament and challenge whomever it is that is the world champion in our respective divisions…. And redeem ourselves for not having any ounces of gold around our sexy waists.

He smiles and winks, causes Alicia to groan and roll her eyes before shaking her head.

I had to ask….. I had to ask.

Vinnie lets his fingers twirl across the guitar as he starts to play some music, he closes his eyes as if he is playing a very difficult guitar solo before placing his hand upon the strings as to stop what he was doing.

Did you know after facing Alex and Austin multiple times, that it is actually interesting to be on the other end of the Wolfslair??

Alicia raises an eyebrow as she stares at Vinnie, who lifts his hands upwards as in wanting to explain what he is talking about.

Wait, before you say something let me explain. You see, I respect both Alex and Austin. They are two tough competitors and I should know, I have beaten both of them multiple times. But that isn’t the point, I know that even though I have beaten the majority of matches against the male side of the Wolfslair, you guys and gals are winners. You are just like me people that have the determination to do whatever it is to succeed. To do whatever it takes to be back on top once more… and I respect that….. 

Alicia is listening to what Vinnie has to say as he continues to talk while starting to toggle on his guitar strings once again.

It is moments like these that makes me want to be extra creative, to be… oh I don’t know…. To sing the blues upon our opponents and tell the world how wonderful it truly is that we have found each other. You and me Alicia…, we have a connection

Uhmmm…,

No Alicia, I don’t want to ruin this wonderful thing that I am feeling between us. I know that it is still fresh and we both feel awkward upon how far we can take this upon our first date together… especial with all these rules that we have to follow, but let’s be honest senorita. Nothing can stop that what we got no???

Look Vinnie, I don’t know….

But Vinnie is already actively playing the guitar, he has his eyes closed as we see him get into the groove of his guitar playing. The rhythm quickens as Vinnie starts to shake his head sideways, causing Alicia to raise an eyebrow.

Hmm, this sounds familiar….

Vinnie grinds his teeth before stopping the play and grabs the microphone….

KILLING IN THE NAME OF!!!!!!

He is silent for a few moments

Thank you ladies and gentlemen, you are the greatest!!!!

He drops his head in anticipation of an applause that does not come, Alicia sighs….

Seriously?? Killing in the name of??? You do know what this is all about don’t you??

Vinnie breathes in and lets out some heavy sighs as he is waiting for the right moment to respond to Alicia. He nods his head and then slowly lifts it upwards, smiling towards Alicia with a glee in his eyes.

Oh of course mami, but in the music world there’s always an possibility to give a twist to a song no?? Because let’s face it, Meatloaf had a huge hit where he sang that he would do anything for love, but he would not do that….

Err…. Yeah??

Well being a man that would not allow something to stop me from true love, I would assume that an alternative thing to kill for is love…..

He winks at Alicia as he notices her getting uncomfortable, but he puts his hands upwards towards her. Signalling for her to calm down, that he has no intentions to do anything weird to her.

Look Senorita, I know that what we have is strictly professional. Also I know that you probably need approval from Senor Alex and Austin to be in my presence without a chaperone. I…..

This causes her to raise an eyebrow, but now in annoyance.

I am my own person thank you, I don’t need them to babysit me. I can see whomever I want… I….

Vinnie puts his index finger to his mouth, telling her to calm down as he nods in understanding.

Oh the passion of a woman that knows what she wants in life, that is what unites us in this coalition of utter and pure success. The perfect combination of the future paying homage to the past. A past that we are merely several days separated from to confront in the ring, a man that has not been in a Sin City Wrestling ring for how many years??? And a woman that has been on top as well?? Against the hungry wolves whose hips don’t lie…. The mariachi of the wrestling ring combined with THE top wolf in the industry. A combination that should be very fruitful and… who knows?? Maybe even intoxicating??

He winks again as this causes Alicia to spit out the drink that she attempted to swallow, her eyes are bulging out wide in utter disbelief. For once she needs a moment or two to recollect her thoughts before responding to the advances of Vinnie.

Look mister, I understand that you have gone through a divorce. But I…..

Again Vinnie shushes her by putting his finger to his mouth, smiling seductively towards her as he clearly is not listening to her reactions that she is not interested in him.

Just think about it, to have a second rate Italian actor coming up to us and congratulating us with our first born that could be on its way any time between now and nine months.

Err… Vinnie??

Hoping that our first born will be a masculine child, but of course if we had a daughter than I hope she would have your looks and my musical talent

I need to ask Chris if it’s not too late to get out of this… I…

Oh man, I can see us now…. together opposing the opposition of whomever it is that wants to hold us down. To tell them: “Fuck you, I won’t do as you tell me”…. That would be a strong statement wouldn’t you agree? Again, I know that the original intentions of this song goes deeper than the curiosity that once killed the cat no??

Vinnie…, please… stop.

How can I stop?? I have not felt this way in any shape or form for quite some time Alicia… you don’t mind me already asking for your name in trust?? As you and I in this matrimony is still so fragile….

We are not married!!!!!

He nods his head and smiles

Of course not, how could we?? This tournament is just merely a trial of life…. To see whether we can withstand every possible confrontation that is thrown at us… and what better way to do so than by merely reaching out our hands for a ceremonial… tag?

Oh brother…

Vinnie starts to play the classic song from Rage Against The Machine for a minute or so before turning his attention back to Alicia. Who at this moment has grabbed her phone and is starting to message someone as Vinnie interrupts her.

You do know that it’s not very polite to ignore someone that is serenading you now is it???

The look Vinnie has gotten from her tells him a story, realizing that she is not amused from his advances as she slowly gets to her feet.

You do realize that Bombshells do not face men in the ring at the same time right?? But if you keep this up, I am sure that Chris or Mark are going to make an example for you okay? I…

Again Vinnie holds up his hands in an apologetic fashion, he places the guitar next to him and stares at his mixed tag team partner for this years Blast From The Past with a huge smile on his face.

What’s so funny Vinnie???

This was just what I was looking for Mami, that drive and passion that I need in a partner to get far in this tournament. That I don’t give f*** mentality that I need to beat people like our first opponents. To Kill in the Name of…. And to leave no prisoners after the bell has rang, to focus on the job at hand….

She stares at him, clearly still not sure whether to believe him as he gets off the stool that he was sitting on and takes a few steps her direction.

I know that Austin and Alex may have implanted things inside your head from their experiences with yours truly. And who knows my past experiences with them in and outside of the ring may have caused you to think twice before trusting me. But I need that full commitment from you Alicia, I need to have your trust in accepting me for who I am. And if you haven’t noticed senorita, I am the Mariachi of wrestling… I am a full blooded Latino, I am a passionate man senorita. And with my passion comes amor…

Vinnie…..

But trust me, we will find sooner or later whether my passion is a one way direction or whether the feeling is mutual from your part. But realize this Alicia, when I give myself fully… I expect the same from my tag team partner… because only then and ONLY THEN we shall be victorious….

His gaze looks at her, she doesn’t know how to react to him. But she realizes that she has to trust him to get an opportunity to once again challenge for the Bombshell championship belt as she reluctantly nods her head in understanding.

I think this will be the beginning of something very beautiful wouldn’t you agree???

The shot fades with Vinnie showing his patented smile once more as Alicia drops and shakes her head

Oh boy….

More than words

The words that I am willing to share with you

We come back to see Vinnie sitting in his hotel room  wearing a white shirt and black loose pants. He is focused on playing the guitar as hehas started the classic ballad ”More than Words” from the band Extreme.

Saying "I love you"
Is not the words I want to hear from you
It's not that I want you
Not to say, but if you only knew

He smiles as he notices the camera crew starting to record him while playing the popular song from the 90’s. His focus remains upon the guitar, admiring his fingers gently working their magic on the strings while humming along.

I know that you have all been missing out on some quality television during these troubled times, to just sit back and enjoy a moment for yourself. I have to admit that 2020 was a year where I got thrown from one troubled experience to another…. Causing me to forget where I have come from and once you forget what you brought you to the dance, then it’s easy to lose direction in life isn’t it???

His fingers continue to play as he softly whispers a few lyrics of the song before smiling once more.

More than words, interesting concept isn’t it?? Now we all know that this is a song about expressing your love for another… And that is what I want to talk about, no not so much about love… But the essence of expressing yourself in every days life. A key instrument when it comes down to either make it or break in every aspect of life. And I intend to once again make it, to publicly show everyone else in this industry the imaginary middle finger and tell them all to just shove it.

More than Words…., words. Something I have been heavily criticized for oh so many times. Publicly proclaiming that I talk to much without even saying a damn word. But is it my fault that the message vanishes right before your eyes?? Or are you just the typical fool that listens to my words, but is unable to hear what I truly dare to prophecies???

Of course you don’t….,. because each and every one of you are so damn good aren’t you??

He chuckles as he focuses back upon the song.

What would you say
If I took those words away
Then you couldn't make things new
Just by saying "I love you"

Vinnie smiles

Love, how such a small word of four letters can have such a profound meaning for each and every one of you. Because let’s face it, every one out there seeks a romantic connection with another as you are incapable of living your life alone. Hell, I was married to my ex and after our marriage was over I realized how much I hated being alone in bed at night. But none of you are interested in my sorrow aren’t you? Oh no, you want joy and happiness. You want smiles and having grown up men kissing stinking babies that a mere waist of your time

I know I will not be a popular member of the roster by saying these words, but then again…. What would you say, if I took those words away?? Would that make it all better hm??

Vinnie shakes his head, closing his eyes as he is now starting to play the remainder of the song. His lips are softly playing along with every note of his guitar before the song ends and he keeps his fingers against the strings. It takes a few moments before the smile reappears upon his face before turning his attention to the camera.

I intend to show more than just words when me and Alicia Lucas enter the six sided ring when we compete in this tournament. Because we all know that words are easily spoken, yet it’s so much harder to deliver a real message that each and every one of you can understand. Something that we just have to see whether the returning legend of yesterday’s past can truly comprehend…. Him and his tag team partner of course as we cannot have one without the other.

More than Words Jake…, the man formerly known as Rage… Welcome back to the six sided ring that you once have terrorized. I have been told that you were exactly that what your name proclaimed you to be. Rage in and outside the ring, rage in wrestling ability as well as the words that came out of your mouth were nothing more than a waterfall of nothing more than an incompetent dictionary. I shudder the thought to think that after all these years, that you have not educated yourself any further than throwing down another F Bomb. Merely because that is what incompetent people do is it not???

Please, don’t get me wrong senor. I know that you have been a former World and Internet Champion. That to itself is a mere feet, but what once was is not always a guarantee of to repeat itself once you don those wrestling tights one more time. So why after all those years huh? Is it the itch that you could no longer scratch?? Is it the mere fact that in your imagination that everything was so much better back in the day???

A smirk emerges upon his lips as he shakes his head in disbelief.

I know we got someone that has a once in a year return clause, wanting to pit all the sunshine upon himself and belittle all those who came after him. I don’t have to use his name, because I am sure as hell that his beady little eyes and ears are watching and listening…. And I know you know him don’t you?? But no, let us all assume that you have felt the need to rekindle your already impressive career. But to add a flavour to the already salty taste that must have been swallowing your pride for years now… to come back as the man behind the RAGE that once was a dominant force. A force that… well…. I dunno, but uhm really??? A rage is nothing more than a blinded aggression that can get you this far in life Jake, but I guess there must be a reason why you suddenly ran off and hid behind the discomfort of your own misery??

Or did you just watch the television all those years?? Watch all the talent that came after you and grinded your teeth?? Anticipating the right moment to return to the ring as the long lost son?? To shed off the shame that you have felt as you were nothing more than a two dimensional character with nothing more than a one dimensional identity?? Well congrats Jake, congrats of finally showing up where big oaf you pretended to be was putting everything that YOU Have done to shame.

Vinnie closes his eyes for a moment, he smiles as he prepares himself for an acapella rendition of the classic song.

Now that I've tried to
Talk to you and make you understand
All you have to do is close your eyes
And just reach out your hands

He reopens his eyes while smiling, he extends his arm with his hand open wide.

I know the old you would have turned like a red tomato, reopening the profanity dictionary and bleep 75 percent of whatever comes up first inside that peanut sized brain of yours. But this isn’t Rage isn’t it?? Oh no, it’s Jake Sullivan. The man that hopes to be a freaking mystery for each and every one out there, so that you could slip back into whatever it is that you were missing huh??

He shakes his head as his hand remains extended.

All you have to do is close your eyes and just reach out your hands isn’t it Jake?? Reach out to the world and make me understand why you THINK that you can survive the onslaught that me and Alicia Lukas will put YOU and your mixed tag team partner through. Because I already tried to talk to you, but words are nothing more than words isn’t it?? Words from a man that you will tell the world that they do not matter?? That I am selling sandcastles and that I am nothing more than a joke???

Because that’s what men like you are used to resort to isn’t it Jake?? Because let’s face it amigo, we can all change our wrestling names in an attempt to add a new dimension to who you have always been in hopes of rekindling that lost flame that made you nothing more than a mere wrestling junkie.

He turns his hand and stares at it, he slowly closes his hand to a fist as the look on his face changes.

A junkie that after all these years convincing himself that the best decision that you have ever made is to remain a retired wrestler. To accept the fact that you cannot hang with the current crop of talent that has replaced YOU in this organization. Attempting not to give into the often asked question of what if?? What if you ever returned to the six sided ring? Whether you can still do what you always have done in the past….. but just like many before you, you just could not keep yourself hidden in the shadows of yesterdays past huh??

Did it cause you to wake up, bathing in your own sweat?? Reliving all those dreams that you attempted to convince yourself that these were nothing more than nightmares?? Nightmares that you convinced yourself that it meant absolutely nothing?? No Jake, you are nothing more than an addict. An addict that hopes to get a shot up into your body this coming Climax Control, hoping that after the show that your career will get another boost after this one. A career that should have remained a nightmare for you to wake up from, that caused you to ponder what if. Because when I am inside that six sided ring, staring you in the eyes and let my actions do all the talking. Then you realize that you have made a mistake coming back… no matter whether it is Jake Sullivan, Rage or whomever YOU assume to be. Your time has been a history lesson that should be forgotten for the remainder of time.

Vinnie smiles

Will I take you lightly Jake?? Oh of course not, I am positive that you are still that powerful individual that could still Rock my world if I allowed you to…. But that’s it Jake.. IF…. What IF….. But look into these eyes Jake… I am a man that has been wrestling actively for several years now… A man that has put on the best fights of the careers of 95 percent of every superstar in this organization. Hell, ask both Alex and Austin of what I am capable off when it comes down to size, strength or wrestling ability… ask Fenris, ask whomever I have faced in victory or defeat…. And you will realize that I have done even more than YOU could ever dream of IF you ever would return to this wrestling ring….. you have had a great career Jake… I respect the successes that you have had… But I am not interested in giving hope back to an old man that has a dream….. Because dreams are nothing more than a lie, a fantasy. A parody of the reality that makes everything either better or worse than reality is isn’t it???

I am going to wrestle you Jake, I am going to take every blow. I am going to spit out some blood on every blow that you can dish out and smile. Telling how great it is to face a legend before I can put you out of your own misery, realizing that you no longer can compete in this era of wrestling competition. Don’t think that I will give you a pat on the back, tell you that it is great that you have returned after a very long hiatus. I am here to get back that championship belt that I once held with pride. Something I cannot imagine that is reason number one inside that peanut sized brain of yours of why you have decided to return. Wrestling history like you only return for a final cheap pop, seeing aged wrestling fans sharing memories amongst each other of telling how great you ONCE were… because just like you, they know that you are no longer who you once were.

I am not going to go easy on you, I am going full force against you as I will do against every… let me rephrase that… EVERY opponent that me and Alicia Lucas will be facing until we will win this tournament and EARN a championship shot. A shot that many of those so called superstars to this very day assume that I did not deserve to have even if it was over hundred days….. to look at them and smile, to tell them that I am More Than Words. To have them realize that I deserve Everything that I have achieved in my career as well as this tournament… and not even YOU old fossil can do anything about it to stop me.

He sighs as he shrugs his shoulders

I hope that your partner will be willing to carry your sorry ass Jake, I hope that she is Bombshell enough to carry a dead weight like you. I hope that she believes that you are in this tournament with the same determination of winning it all…. Because I already know that you won’t, I already know that the main focus on your mind is to look forward to the reactions of the fans instead of being the very best that helps both YOU and senorita Zdunich to win this tournament…. Such a shame to let down someone that has been on top of her own division while you were watering plants and whatever retired folks do.

I pity you Seleana, a competitor that is in the prime of her career. A top Bombshell that in other circumstances would be an immediate challenger for ANY Bombshell division championship belt in this company…. And now?? you just have to pray, you have to get up early and do some extra stretching. Work on your cardio and hope. HOPING for a miracle, HOPING and wishing that after a somehow miracle success in this round that you have to do it all over again each and every single time that you are in this tournament.

But luckily for me and sadly for you, I have the antidote to all your futile pretences of EVER making it far in this tournament. The antidote that is called Bombshell extraordinaire. The best that the Wolfslair has to offer and quite possibly the very best that this division has to give…. Alicia Lukas, the answer to all my prayers have been answered…. More Than Words Seleana and Lukas… is all that me and Alicia have to do to make it real…. That what the team of The Mariachi of Wrestling and the very BEST  of the Wolfslair will be after this round and every round that we will enter. To be the very BEST, to BE the ones that challenge for the world titles.

I know that each and every superstar that has a grain of hope of ever getting to the mainstage of where only the VERY BEST will be going for… But hope is nothing more than an illusion and grain is easily changed into dust when we are done fooling around and take home the next step to our destiny. That’s right Jake, I will be applauding you for your brave, yet stupid decision to return…. Another notch to my already impressive resume and move on to bigger and better things. While you?? Well you can perhaps try again next year, just remember these words of wisdom…

Because you will need it…. Adios amigo’s…. adios…..

With that Vinnie snaps his fingers and laughs out loud as the shot slowly fades.