Author Topic: Mercedes Vargas v Alicia Lukas  (Read 2260 times)

Offline Mark Ward

• Not just a boss, THE boss
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Hot Stuff Mark Ward
Mercedes Vargas v Alicia Lukas
« on: January 17, 2021, 03:07:10 PM »
Post all roleplays for this match here.
Limits: 1 roleplay per week, per character, 10,000 limit.

Good luck!
>

Blessed is he who in the name of charity and goodwill shepherds the weak through the valley of darkness, for he is truly his brothers keeper and the finder of lost children. And I will strike down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger, those who attempt to poison and destroy my brothers. And you will know my name is the LORD, when I lay my vengeance upon thee

*NOTE: No longer giving feedback, if you wasn't good enough, you wouldn't be here.
No longer doing show reviews, I already know we're that damn good!

Offline Alicia Lukas

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Alicia Lukas
Re: Mercedes Vargas v Alicia Lukas
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2021, 04:35:30 AM »
Awkward

You know that feeling you get when you walk into a room and your mood changes all because of the feeling in the air?. Like the air has become thick, harder to move through, harder to breathe in and take it into your lungs. That is how Alicia felt walking into Wolfslair. A few weeks before, Austin James Mercer, a man who many considered to be the best of them, had brutally attacked Fenris' brother, and now they were all due to go back to SCW, and Austin was going to face Fenris.

Things just felt wrong. Like there was a fracture there. Like there was some kind of invisible force all around. She took a breath and moved across the main floor passed a whole host of men and women going about their business. They rolled on the mats, talked to each other about different ways to move in and out of moves. It was like any other day except for the feeling Alicia couldn’t shake.

She got to her locker opening it and pushing her back in, she unzipped her jacket and hung it up before closing it and stopping dead in her tracks looking at Austin's locker. It was closed and for some reason it hit her, the feeling was because of him.

Last time Alicia saw Austin he had been in Alex’s face, he had changed his tactics and who he was, and in the beginning Alicia had shrugged it off. She didn’t care. Alicia had always been aggressive and did whatever it took to get an edge over her opponents. With that being said, she’d never attacked someone who wasn’t a wrestler, who was a member of someone's family. Her attacks were always against the person in question. He was the root of it all. Austin's change and anger. He had become worse than she ever was, worse than Alex. She shook her head trying to get rid of the sinking feeling in her stomach and the cloud around her mind.

Alex was here, he was in his office looking down at his desk. He seemed quiet and reserved. She gave a small smile as he looked up, there was only a small reaction before looking back at the papers in front of him. Sonya was in there too. Alex’s wife was always an interesting woman, but she was also a great indicator of how Wolfslair was going. Her emotions showing alot easier than anyone else.

Alicia’s eyes moves around the gym, the newer trainees stood listening to Alex’s younger sister Charlene. She was so regimented, almost as if she had been in the military, there was nothing she could learn there.

Kallie Reznik and Aiden Reynolds stood in a corner taking a water break, they seemed normal. Nothing there either. Maybe it was all in her head. Maybe there was nothing there. The door suddenly flew open, Johanna Krieger stepped into the gym, all the trainees stood up straight and avoided her gaze. Alicia couldn’t help but laugh and shake her head. Johanna moved through the floor to her locker, right next to Alicias.

After a few moments she was done putting her bag and jacket away just like Ali, she looked around the gym, scanning the same way Alicia did. There was a small laugh under her breath as she spoke, her german accent sounding stronger than normal. ”I hate that feeling….this walking on eggshells shit.” Alicia gave a small nod but stayed silent. Johanna looked around and over at the office. She acknowledged Alex and Sonya before turning back to Alicia. ”You feel it to don’t you?”

She swallowed hard and folded her arms over her chest, she kept her voice down so it wasn’t too noticeable. ”Yeah, and I don’t like it either. But I also have no idea what to do about it.” Johanna shook her head, before she could say anything Austin walked in. His towering frame looking intimidating as per usual. The trainees and even Charlie Jones all acted different. It wasn’t even like with Johanna it was, wrong feeling. It wasn’t respect with him, it was fear. Austins actions and attitude had changed everything. Everything about himself and now it was bleeding into the gym. Alicia sneered and growled under her breath. ”I don’t even know who the fuck he is anymore Jo.” Austin went to the far side of the room, throwing his back down and taking his shirt off before stretching to start his work out.

Kallie backed away sheepishly taking her place with the other younger trainees. Charlie gathered them all up to take them to the ring room. Aiden shook his head and looked as if he was about to approach Austin, Johanna stepped forward. ”Ahh shit…” She rushed across the mats to intercept standing between Aiden and Austin. Austin rolled his neck and warmed up with his back to them. Johanna stood close to Aiden and said something under her breath looking over her shoulder at Austin. She shook her head and Aiden sighed heavily backing away. Jo moved back over towards Alicia. Aiden moving to the other room.

Suddenly Alicia felt lonely. Her eyes darting back and forth to find that it was just the three of them in the main room of the gym. Johanna, Alicia and Austin. ”Do you think he even realises what is going on here?” Alicia tried to hide the pained expression on her face. But her features betrayed her, showing fear and worry.

Johanna slowly shook her head and raised her eyebrows. ”No I’ve seen arrogance like this before. A loss of faith. Austin feels like he was wrong, and blind. He feels like he is the one who was wronged. And because he believes he’s right….it makes him dangerous.”

Johanna moves away and across the gym, her chest was puffed out as she stared at Austin who just tilted his head. Johanna was someone who feared nothing. And unlike Alicia she wasn’t as emotionally invested in the gym, in the family they had built. Alex moved from the office, Sonya threw the strap of her bag over her shoulder and made her way towards the carpark. Alicia swallowed hard as Alex approached and tried to hid her feelings. ”Sonya having a half day?’

Alex shook his head leaning back against the lockers next to Alicia looking over at Austin too. ”Something like that.” Austin looked up and grabbed the pull up bar over his head and started his workout. Alex moved around to talk to Alicia face to face. ”I know how you feel...but we’ll all be fine...Wolfslair will be fine…” He gave her a small smile.

Alicia swallowed hard and looked away. ”He just….it’s not the same Austin, what he did to Aron. And what he’s capable of. What will he do on the first show back?” Alex turned and walked back towards the office with a laugh.

”Should be more worried about what Fenris is capable of…”

The Ladder

”I’m far from done….”

The statement seemed obvious. Alicia’s voice was strong and powerful, full of the usual confidence and arrogance we have come to expect from the three time SCW bombshells champion. Her long hair was tied back into a paif of braids that went down either shoulder, her face was in her usual makeup with the single black stripe under her eye.

”And the truth is, that everyone in this division should feel ashamed of themselves. I stepped back and said I wanted to claw my way back up from the bottom and not one of you has staked your fucking claim to try and become the top dog. Keira holds that championship and instead of one of you chasing her down we had her limp through a match with her wife and now face Crystal who hasn’t been relevant since I dug a hole and buried her career two years ago. And I have to sit here and watch it, resolute in my ideals to not rush forward and challenge for the top championship and earn my way back through either destroying this division again or…”

“Well...by winning the blast from the past.”

“I stepped back willingly after losing and I told SCW I wanted to start from the bottom and they have obliged. Kind of. And since I went on this little quest I have quietly been beating those they put in front of me while also having to wait for my chances. And last climax control I had the biggest insult. See, atleast Jesse Salco had something to say to me, atleast she had fire in her eyes when addressing me. Alice Knight? Not only did she have no fire she didn’t even have the stomach to say a damn thing to me about the match or about me. And I told her, I begged her to show me the Alice Knight who won the OCW world title. The one that always threatened to come to SCW but didn’t. And she failed me. She failed all of you.”

“I lost to Keira, I went away and came back better, I beat down Salco, I beat Alice and the only person who has made noise about wanting to make the division better and also face me is Evie Jordan.”

Alicia can’t help but smile folding her arms over her chest, she is decked out in a black top with a black leather jacket over that, she tilts her head and narrows her eyes thinking for a moment before continuing.

”Andrea Hernandez is on some weird ass power trip despite the fact she hasn’t EARNED it. So what about the rest of you? I know how gender works ladies but did your rhetorical balls fall off?. What am I going to do with all of you? It’s like I can’t win. I do my best to drag you and uplift you all up and I get told I’m holding the division and the title hostage. I back away and let you all do it yourselves and we end up with Keira facing her wife in a snoozer and her going against Crystal, we end up with Johanna having to face someone from SCU and GRIME since the three women from SCW in the match, including my upcoming opponent, couldn’t get the job done. And Myra Rivers? She’s been a dominant Internet champion and she has to get in the ring with Candy…”

“A woman that is all heart and no soul. And I love you Candy but it’s true.”

“So what am I to do huh? Someone has to right this goddamn ship and for the longest time it was something I tried to do but was told I shouldn’t by the likes of Roxi, Andrea and Bobbie. So tell me...who wants the job huh? Who wants to be queen?”

“I’ll ask again...WHO WANTS TO BE QUEEN?”

“I’ll tell you right now, none of you really want to because you know damn well it is a thankless job. And it brings me to my opponent for Inception. Mercedes Vargas. Someone who is perplexing to me.And she always has been…”

She chuckles at using the term “has been” in this contect.”

”See, on the one hand Mercedes Vargas is a student of the game. She loves this business and everything about it. She studies it and learns about it and her opponents. She loves to bring up things about people from years ago to use against them and it’s really impressive. She’s someone who you can tell if she respects you or not and deep down I personally believe Mercedes respects me and what I’ve accomplished. Just like I respect her. And how can I not? How can I not look at Vargas’ history and not respect her? And not just in SCW in every other company she has been in…”

“So let me put that little nugget to rest right now. I do respect Mercedes Vargas. I do look at her as a rightful Hall of fame star and I do look at her as a veteran. She paved the way for women like me to become stars. She has never been someone who just cared about her looks or who constantly got in and out of relationship drama. She cares about wrestling and the perception of women in it. So, for that I think all of us, from Andrea Hernandez, to Jessie Salco, to all those masked bitches in GRIME, to me….we need to all thank Mercedes for the road she has paved…”

“But, at the same time, we all need to get together, and politely ask her…..to pull the fuck over and let us pass…”

“See, Mercy is like one of those elderly women who pull over into the zip lane and sit twenty miles under the speed limit. The rest of us are right there behind her ready to go, but she is in the way. And she refuses to move, pull over or quit because she used to be fine at doing this twenty years ago. And I know Mercedes, I know you’ve heard the age thing before and it won’t come as a surprise I’m bringing it up but I’m bringing it up because it’s true and the evidence is there and I’m bringing it up because I care…”

She can’t help but sigh heavily and swallow hard before stepping forward, her voice dripping with sincerity and honesty.

”I know you like your sports Mercy, so I’ll put it into a way you can understand. Like Drew Brees against the Bucs, you’ve proved that you just don’t have it anymore. And everytime you bstep into the ring you just prove it more and more that you cannot hang with the next generation of Bombshells, the generation that I lead, that I represent and that I am better than.”

She smiles warmly, unfolding her arms and shrugging as she paces back and forth.

”Maybe maybe I’m being to harsh on your Mercedes, I mean even a slower, older Mercedes Vargas is still a damn site better than Jessie Salco, Violet Holt or Bae Barnhart. The thing is that, for you that isn’t good enough, clearing that bar for you is more of an embarrassment than anything and it’s only going to get worse. You are a hall of famer, a multiple time champion and you are someone who we should all thank and all respect and that is why I’m being brutally honest with you. Because I don’t want for you to continue to tarnish that legacy that you created and have so much care for. You stepped in the ring with three women a few weeks ago for a shot at the roulette title, you failed and then the very next match instead of accepting that maybe you have lost a step you simply said you didn’t care because you’d already won that title before…”

“Come on Mercy, that’s a lame excuse and a lame outlook. That bis so lame that we should take you out back and put a damn bullet in you like you do to a damn racehorse that broke it’s leg. Then you went out there and lost to Song, and the most heartbreaking part of that is your commenced before that match. That you are at that stage of your career, where you have nothing left to prove…”

“And that right there, that means it’s over.”

“If you have nothing left to prove to the fans, management, opponents or even to yourself then, why are you doing this Mercedes? Is it pride? Do you really want to be like one of those aging gunslingers that walks out there and limps back with their head held high because they still gave it a “good ol try”?. Is that how you want to go out?”

“I guess we’ll see huh? I mean with me you know what you’re getting Mercedes. I’m not going to slow down, I will come at you the same way I do everyone else. And when I’m done with you, I’ll be ready to keep climbing that ladder….while you stand at the bottom...and hold it steady…”

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2021, 11:58:23 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 17 al 24 de enero de 2021

Variety, they say, is the spice of life. Dare to be different. Change things up once in a while. Try something new, can't be that bad. Unless, of course, it is. Maybe that's why people are comfortable staying in their comfort zone. It doesn't mean you're stagnant...you can still change and try out new things just the same.

Nobody wants to be reminded that their best days are behind them. For me, I'm not sure if my best days are behind me, just around the corner, or right now in the present.

I know that age has nothing to do with the fact that I can still go at this stage. Like the saying goes, “you're as young as you feel.” Maybe the reason why I'm just hanging around is because of my name, but what do I know?

Now I could sit here and talk about how everyone says I have absolutely no business being in a wrestling ring. I could talk about how some wrestlers puts their family first ahead of their wrestling career. I could wax lyrical about my accolades and championships and records over my career, but where's the fun in that? Learning from your past helps you in the present, but this is the here and now. And right now, my present isn't looking so good, and my future isn't so rosy.

Well, my immediate future, anyway.

Let's bring this back to where this should be because who I'm facing at Inception in two weeks deserves the attention. Because the critics, doubters, and naysayers know that in the past matches I've had against Alicia Lukas, she seems to always have my number. Unlike opponents I've beaten and some that I haven't, it's never been personal between us.

Okay, maybe a little, if only because we're very competitive, always striving to be the best. I mean, that's just who we are. You don't think she's just a little jealous of my career? History will always tell the story of me being one of the all-time greats in Sin City Wrestling. That's like me being in the top 1% of like 1,000 female wrestlers that have competed in the women's division.

You don't think that I'm a little envious that she held the Bombshell Championship for nine months and that I never even got a shot at taking it away from her during her reign? How I got passed over for the likes

Say what you want about the one time I had to team with her or the battle royal she won or even the time she beat me in our first one-on-one match, a match with Alicia one of those matches you get up for. This is the match you coax yourself out of comfort of your bed and prepare for knowing the kind of talent she brings to the table.

So color me surprised that this match is going to happen. Under the bright lights, on pay-per-view, the entire world watching. It doesn't get any bigger than this. The perfect storm. The Hall of Famer and multi-time champion versus a future Hall of Famer. Two veterans of the sport set on a collision course in less than two weeks.

For Alicia, this is her opportunity at working her way back to contention. For me, I've reached the put-up-or-shut-up stage. This match could not as come at a better time for either of us and while I may not be Santa Claus, I'll say this much, I'm sure our match will be the gift that keeps on giving long after this pay-per-view is over, that I can promise you.

~~~

L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

Fingers typing furiously on a typewriter. We can actually see the type metal at work as they pound out the words. A brief cut of the paper and we see the words “PART 1: THE CAKE IS A LIE”

The sound of typing continues, than stops before the camera pans back to see Mercedes looking over the shoulder of Ricardo while he's typing on an old-fashioned typewriter.

Mercedes: You know, there's PCs and laptops, don't you?

Ricardo: I do own a PC and a laptop, thank you. I was going through my garage when I stubbed my toe on this old thing. It was a gift my grandfather gave me.

He's made a considerable amount of progress since then, sone three chapters worth of pages. When he reaches the last line of paper, he pulls the paper out using the paper release, only to drop the stack immediately on top of a stack of set neatly.

Mercedes: What's these stacks of paper?

Ricardo:  I was just in the middle of writing a story. I got about three chapters done and I'm already on my next one. It's unfinished.

Mercedes: What's it about?

Ricardo: I haven't decided what kind of story this is going to be, but that's where you come in.

Mercedes: Always wanted to be an author. How about a spin-off of Northern Exposure meets Homeward Bound?
A backpacking crew of five lost in the Canadian wilderness -

Ricardo: Northern Exposure was in Canada.

Mercedes: Same difference?

Mercedes waves a miniature Canadian flag.

Mercedes: Of course, I've been to the Great White North quite a few times in my career (begins counting on her fingers) – Winnipeg, Vancouver, Toronto, twice, Calgary – and it just so happens that my last visit to Montreal was a year or two ago.

Ricardo: Maybe it will be a short story, I'm thinking comedy.

Mercedes: Nope. Drama or tragedy, they love that stuff.

Ricardo: I like your idea of Rocky a lot better.

Ricardo looks at his index finger – a small paper cut. Mercedes goes for a first aid kit but Ricardo waves it off.   

Ricardo: You know what we need more of? Wrestling stories. I think I'm going to do something like The Wrestler meets Farm Side of the Ring, something like that. Hey, you're a wrestler, Mercedes....What's your story?

Mercedes: Really? I don't know. It's kind of long, and, well, kind of boring.

Ricardo: Stop. You know you always wanted to hear about yourself.

Mercedes: Yeah, well, that's true too. But where do I start?

Ricardo: How about where every story starts, at the beginning.

Mercedes: Hmm...

Mercedes nonchalantly brushes her hair back as she turns to the typewriter, outstretching her hand as she taps on the machine.

~~~

L A S V E G A S • N E V A D A

It's Not Whether You Win or Lose: Gatekeeper the 25th: Mentiras, Malditas Mentiras (Lies, Damned Lies..., Part XI)

[REC]

A glorious early afternoon sun was shining over the spotless sky. High above the surrounding Las Vegas scenery stood Mercedes Vargas, outfitted in her "Mercedes” Sin City Wrestling authentic t-shirt paired with low-rise jeans. She’s hidden behind a pair of black Oakley's. The Skypod Observation Deck, where the SCW Hall of Famer is roaming the viewing area, is all but quiet today on what would be an otherwise busy weekend. Mercedes at first doesn't pay the cameras any mind before she nixed the idea and slowly turns her head to the leans.

"Honestly, I wouldn't even try and even talk to me today because you're not going to get that line you're usually get today because I'm angry and I'm annoyed and, dare I say it, yeah, just a little pissed off, and I don't want to talk about new year's resolutions or sports or the presidential inauguration or freighting my happiness.

"I woke up this morning and every morning after the go-home show Climax Control feeling sick to my stomach. Inception is less than one week from Sunday and I have seen the card. So I'm absolutely furious. And the only thing stopping me from getting even more angry is this losing streak I'm on when I'm focusing on this ring and being the best I can be."

Mercedes closes her eyes tightly as she begins to rub her temples. She breathes in sharp breaths through her nostrils as she tries to keep herself calm. For her part, nothing was more infuriating than seeing her goals unfulfilled - especially if they were easily attainable. How Mercedes could live with herself after her hellish year was beyond her - but she would not stand for it, and she would voice her thoughts accordingly.

"And I swore that 2021 wasn't going to be like last year. Struggling and only winning four matches. Four matches!?! I swore that wasn't me last year. You know what? It's not...it's not...it's not going to be me. It's not."

Her first matches to start the new year wasn’t supposed to have ended the way it did, and now she would have to pick up the pieces. She shakes her head as she can't believe she's sitting in this position, again.

"Because there's a reason why I am one of the longest tenured talents in Sin City Wrestling. There's a reason why I've survived and thrived before, during, and after Mean Girls. There's a reason why I've gone on to have the career that I have. There's a reason why I went unpinned in my first 10 months in the company and a further 14 months in singles competition. There's a reason why I was and still am the first and only ten-time champion and the first and only 12-time champion now. There's a reason why I'm the only two-time Grand Slam Champion."

Mercedes holds up two fingers, her voice catching up to her emotions.

"There's a reason why I traveled and wrestled all over the globe and visited venues and arenas some only get to see on field trips or on documentaries - and that's even before I stepped foot in the six-sided ring. There's a reason why I give the rest of the women's division nightmares when their name is across from mine on a typical card.

"And it may not be now. But one day, maybe, might not be in the near future, but one day you're all going to realize what exactly as about me that got me to this point. You're going to see me once again with gold around my waist AND THIS WILL BE THE YEAR OF LEARNING TO RESPECT ME!

Mercedes points a finger at herself.

"Now, Alicia and I, we have history, even before we both got to SCW. She knows what to expect from me. Know something else? I know what to expect from her too. Somehow, Alicia is struck on this fascination that maybe, just maybe, if she works her way up through the division that somehow proves that she's not the golden goose SCW management thinks she is. She can put whatever kind of spin on it because the truth is last year she wasn’t THAT good, she wasn't even pretty good, she was just average. The fact is that even after all of that, even after Little Miss “Strong Style Southern Bell” wasn’t living up to her own hype, even after she had the sense that she was nigh invincible inside that ring after she got a rocket strapped to her back in her first year in SCW, even after people started to figure out how to beat her, she's still on top of the food chain. She probably won’t admit it, but then what do you expect from someone who has a superiority complex the size of Texas?

"Look. I don't know you, and you don't know me. It's perfectly fine. I'm in no mood to explain myself, but I will make an exception. It's quite simple. I don’t aim for perfection. I aim for success. I don’t confuse greatness with perfection, because greatness is at least attainable. But Ali, if you think for a second the amount you climbed is equaled to mine, than sweetheart, you're sadly mistaken. You don't have to question where my priorities are or have any doubts about my competitive drive, because you'll know as soon as the bell rings."

Mercedes was supposed to hit the ground running but she was already off to a bad start. The first supercard of the new year she would find a way to get the vindication she deserved, not only trying to get that elusive first win over Alicia in SCW but also trying to right the ship before it was too late.

"So as far as Inception, I can tell you this—I haven’t missed a Inception event since my first appearance at the first-ever event in 2015, and I didn't plan to miss this one. First two appearances, won both. The last one, the Golden Briefcase Ladder match, not so much.

Mercedes slowly takes off her sunglasses, hands them on the front of her t-shirt

"So I'm going to let you off with this. I'm going to be around in this industry for a very long time and I'm going to continue my legacy as one of the best. And I'm so done and I'm so finished with not reaching my potential. You want to talk about ladders, that's fine? Because for you, climbing a ladder proves that you have limits. And while the sky may be the limit for you...."

Mercedes pauses.

"No tengo límites."
"I have no limits."

She pauses for effect, lowering her voice just above a whisper.

"Estar preparado para lo peor, esperar lo mejor."
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

"Y que la suerte está siempre en su favor.”
"And may the odds be ever in your favor."

***Fade***

>
<span style="color:Orange">SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
Fastest wrestler to 100 career matches on Climax Control (October 2019)
First-ever fourteen-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and fourteenth title (November 28, 2021)
(2968 days/97 months between October 2013 and November 2021/8 years, 1 month, 15 days)
First-ever thirteen-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and thirteenth title (April 11, 2019)
(2737 days/89 months between October 2013 and April 2021/7 years, 5 months, 29 days)
First-ever twelve-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and twelfth title (June 30, 2019)
(2086 days/68 months between October 2013 and June 2019/5 years, 8 months)
First-ever eleven-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and eleventh title (September 16, 2018)
(1799 days/59 months between October 2013 and September 2018; 4 years, 11 months)
First-ever ten-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and tenth title (July 22, 2018)
(1743 days/57 months between October 2013 and July 2018; 4 years, 9 months)
First-ever nine-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and ninth title (September 24, 2017)
(1442 days/47 months between October 2013 and September 2017; 3 years, 11 months)
First-ever eight-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and eighth title (May 15, 2016)
(945 days/31 months between October 2013 and May 2015; 2 years, 7 months)
Longest consecutive pay-per-view appearance 66+ consecutive events since June 23, 2013 SCW pay-per-view debut)
Only woman to compete at every SCW pay-per-view in a calendar year for five consecutive years (2014-2018)
Only woman to compete at every SCW pay-per-view in a calendar year for 10 consecutive years (2014-2023)
One of two wrestlers and the first woman to win five different SCW championships (July 22, 2018)
1743 days/57 months (4 years, 9 months)
First-ever two-time World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (w/Traci Patterson) (June 29, 2014)
First-ever two-time World Mixed Tag Team Champion (w/Kain) (September 16, 2018)
First-ever five-time tag team champion overall in SCW history (September 16, 2018)
1652 days/54 months (4 years, 6 months)
Previously held record for Most career wins by a female wrestler in SCW history (December 16, 2018)
Previously held record foor Most career wins on Climax Control by a female wrestler in SCW history (February 3, 2019)
First-ever seven-time singles champion overall in SCW history (passing Goth for most career singles championship reigns all-time), most by a female wrestler
First-ever six-time singles champion overall in Bombshell history, (tied with Goth for most career singles championship reigns all-time in SCW history)
1442 days/47 months (3 years, 11 months)
One of six female wrestlers (Misty, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco, Joanne Canelli, Roxi Johnson) and the second fastest to win a title in three consecutive years (May 31, 2015)
595 days/19 months (1 year, 7 months)
Second female wrestler, one of three (Amy Marshall, Roxi Johnson) and the second fastest to win a title in four consecutive years (February 14, 2016)
854 days/28 months (2 years, 4 months)
Only female wrestler to win a championship in six consecutive years:
(Bombshell Roulette Championship, 2013, 2014; World Bombshell Tag Team Championship, 2015; Bombshell Internet Championship, 2016; World Bombshell Championship, 2017; World Mixed Tag Team Championship, 2018) 
Only woman in SCW history to become a multiple-time champion with four sets of titles (September 16, 2018)
Only woman to become a multiple-time champion with the Bombshell Roulette (x3), World Bombshell Tag Team (x3), World Bombshell (x2) and World Mixed Tag Team Championships in a career (September 16, 2018)
One of two women (Amy Marshall) and one of three wrestlers overall (Marshall, Rage) in SCW history to become a multiple-time champion wirh three sets of titles (February 14, 2016)
Third woman, one of only five (Joanne Canelli, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco, Roxi Johnson) and the third fastest in SCW history to become a multiple-time champion with the SCW Bombshell Roulette (x3), World Bombshell Tag Team (x3) and Bombshell Internet Championships in a career (February 14, 2016)
First woman and one of only four (Veronica Taylor, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco) to become a multiple-time champion with the Bombshell Roulette and World Bombshell Tag Team Championships (June 29, 2014)
Second woman and one of three (Vixen, Sam Marlowe) to become a multiple-time champion with the Bombshell Roulette and World Bombshell Championships (September 24, 2017)
Third woman and one of only three (Misty, Raynin) to become a multiple-time champion with the World Bombshell Tag Team and World Bombshell Championships (September 24, 2017)
Only female wrestler to become a multiple-time champion with the World Bombshell and World Mixed Tag Team Championships (September 16, 2018)
Second Bombshell after Any Santino and one of six female wrestlers (Roxi Johnson, Mikah, Crystal Caldwell, Keira Fisher-Johnson) to win all three singles championships (September 16, 2018)
One of five women (Kittie, Vixen, Joanne Canelli, Delia Darling) to have never lost their first match of a new year and the first to do so four years in a row (June 2013 debut, January 2014, 2015, 2016)
Second wrestler male or female after Jessie Salco and one of three (Jessie Salco, Roxi Johnson) to reach 50 career PPV matches (Into the Void X, 23 May 2021)
First wrestler male or female to reach 60 career PPV matches (High Stakes X, November 22, 2022)Most career PPV matches in SCW (surpassed Jessie Salco with 59, Violent Conduct VIII, September 4, 2022)
Most career matches on Climax Control<Most career matches in SCW
One of three women to have never lost their first supercard match of a new year and the first to do so five years in a row (June 2013 debut, January 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) 
First-ever SCW Queen for a Day battle royal winner (December 2 Dismember III supershow, December 13, 2015)
Second Bombshell to have wrestled 100 TV/PPV matches, fastest in history to reach milestone (September 3, 2017)
(1554 days, or 51 months between June 2013 and September 2017)
Fifth woman to have wrestled 50 TV/PPV matches, third fastest in history to reach milestone (July 19, 2015)
(777 days, or 25 months between June 2013 and July 2015)
Second-longest reigning Bombshell Roulette Champion 
September 14, 2014 - March 8, 2015 (175 days; 5 months, 22 days; held record for longest singles reign for 17 months after reign ended)
Most consecutive/successful title defenses, 5;
[record tied by Sam Marlowe twice on 24 September 2017 and 7 April 2019]
Second most combined consecutive/successful title defenses, 7; broken on 26 January 2019; [held record for most combined defenses for four years after third reign ended]
Second woman to have held Bombshell Roulette Championship three times (after Necra Octavian Kane) (September 14, 2014) 
Fourth woman and one of five (Misty, Vixen, Necra Octavian Kane, Jessie Salco) to have held a Bombshell singles title three times (September 14, 2014) 
Only woman to record four title reigns in a single year
(2014, winning the Bombshell Tag Team (March, June) and Bombshell Roulette (January, September) Championships two times each)
First woman in SCW history to go unpinned/unsubmitted in singles matches for up to an entire year (365 days) or more (434 days)
Longest Bombshells singles unpinned/unsubmitted streak in SCW history
(June 2, 2013 - August 10, 2014) -
14 months, 8 days/434 days overall/62 weeks
Longest Bombshells unpinned/unsubmitted streak in SCW history 
(June 2, 2013 - March 30, 2014)
9 months, 28 days/301 days overall/43 weeks
[Held record from March 30, 2014 - March 21, 2016
722 days/23 months, 3 weeks/103 weeks and 1 day]</span>

<span style="color:gold">The Checklist</span>
<span style="color:grey"><span style="color:gold">Faith</span>
Ambrosia Grey/Joanne Canelli/Laura Jackson
<span style="color:gold">Jessie Salco</span>
Nessa Wall/Jessie Salco (x2)
<span style="color:gold">Nessa Wall (x2)</span>/Traci Patterson
Misty/Vixen
<span style="color:gold">Traci Patterson (x2)</span>
Lizzie Short/Traci Patterson (x3)/<span style="color:gold">Joanne Canelli (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall</span>
<span style="color:gold">Traci Patterson (x4)</span>/Jessie Salco (x3)
Emma Rose/Joanne Canelli (x3)
Roxi Johnson/Electra Styles
Jessie Salco (x4)/<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall (x2)</span>
Felony Fontana/Rock Rose
Trishelle Jordan/Traci Patterson (x5)
Misty (x2)/Roxi Johnson (x2)/Amy Marshall (x3)
Necra Octavian Kane/<span style="color:gold">Natalie McKinley</span>/Joanne Canelli (x4)
<span style="color:gold">Necra Octavian Kane (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Cynthia Warren</span>
<span style="color:gold">Zuri Chastain</span>
<span style="color:gold">Zuri Chastain (x2)</span>/Traci Patterson (x6)
<span style="color:gold">Traci Patterson (x7)</span>
Caleb Houston/Roxi Johnson (x3)
Amy Marshall (x4)/<span style="color:gold">Jessie Salco (x5)</span>
Amanda Cortez/Veronica Taylor
Amanda Cortez (x2)/Veronica Taylor (x2)
<span style="color:gold">Raynin</span>
Amy Marshall ((5)/<span style="color:gold">Raynin (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Alexis Edwards</span>
<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall (x6)/Kate Steele/Traci Patterson (x8)/Kahlan "Bliss" Fischer</span>
<span style="color:gold">Zuri Chastain (x3)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Alexis Edwards (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Melanie Gabrielle</span>
<span style="color:gold">Samantha Marlowe</span>
<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall (x7)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Samantha Marlowe (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Crystal Millar</span>
<span style="color:gold">Celeste North</span>         
Dax Beckett/<span style="color:gold">Celeste North (x2)</span> 
James Tuscini/<span style="color:gold">Trish Newborn</span>  
Ivan Darrell/Amanda Cortez (x3)
<span style="color:gold">Kate Steele (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Otaki</span>  
<span style="color:gold">Bobbie Dahl</span>
<span style="color:gold">Polly Playtime</span>
<span style="color:gold">Samantha Marlowe (x3)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Trinity Jones</span>
<span style="color:gold">Seleana Zdunich</span>
<span style="color:gold">Dani Weston</span>
<span style="color:gold">Charlotte Elliot</span>/Daniel J Morgan
Antrax/Iron Maiden
Samantha Marlowe (x4)/Caleb Storms
Kate Steele (x3)/Jessie Salco (x6)
<span style="color:gold">Sierra Williams</span>/Ella Singleton
<span style="color:gold">Apple Coren</span>
<span style="color:gold">Ella Singleton (x2)</span>
Amanda Cortez (x4)/<span style="color:gold"> Daniela V. Rodgers</span>
<span style="color:gold">Trinity Jones (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Samantha Marlowe (x5)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Jessie Salco (x7)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Samantha Marlowe (x6)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Keira Fisher-Johnson</span>
<span style="color:gold">Jessie Salco (x8)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Apple Coren (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Bea Barnhart</span>
<span style="color:gold">Pandora Barrett</span>
</center>;

Offline Alicia Lukas

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Alicia Lukas
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2021, 09:20:20 AM »
Family Matters

Being stressed is never good for a home life. Especially in the world of Pro Wrestling. You pack your bags, say goodbye to your family and go off to work, you spend days away from them, sometimes weeks. And if you have stress at work you bring it home. It’s not something that Alicia Lukas wanted to do. And usually she could handle it. No matter what she was going through, whether it was losses, or being sore, or an injury the second she would walk through that large wooden door she would forget it and smile.

She had her husband, her kids and her friends and family. But this was different. With everything happening at Wolfslair, feeling the awkward stress of a place that was like a second home. She had been on edge. Alicia still did everything she could not to take it out on her family. But earlier in the night she did, she snapped at Rory for simply putting a plate in the sink too loud. After a few moments Alicia realised she yelled and it was for no reason. Her heart sank, she felt like the world mother in the world.

She apologised, gave him a hug, then retreated upstairs to the bedroom.

And there she sat, on the end of the king sized bed, her head in her hands along with a tissue, tears streaming down her face as it all bubbled to the surface. The door opened, Michael Reynolds, her husband of two years poked his head around the corner, his eyebrow raised as he stepped inside, closing the door behind him. He got closer and Alicia looked up before shaking her head. Michael smiled warmly before dropping down in front of her, taking both her hands that were clasped together in one of his as his other hand came to rest next to her.

She wished she could just take all the stress away and put it in a box.

Atleast Michael understood. His hand tightened around hers, his thumb rubbing the back of her right hand lightly. She smiled lightly and took a deep breath calming down as the tears stopped. He tilted his head to the side and leaned up kissing her on the forehead. ”I take it there’s something upsetting you?” He delivered it in his usual warm way that had a certain dry wit to it. Alicia couldn’t help but laugh as Michael smiled again before getting up and sitting next to her on the end of the bed. Alicia stretched out her neck and it cracked loudly, her husband’s eyes lit up, not hearing something that loud in a while.

He slid back sitting behind her, his hands dancing up to her shoulders, his thumbs pushing on the base of her neck finding knots on either side of her spine, Alicia gave a small jump of pain as he pushed against the hard muscle. ”I think I’m a little stressed out..” He chuckled and gave a small nod as Alicia rolled her neck and started to loosen up.

”You think?, it’s a minefield back here.” Alicia chuckled and then winced hard as Michael found another, her chest shot forward as she let out a small whimper of pain. ”I’m not hurting you to much am I?. I need to get some of these out before you get in the ring and tear a damn muscle. That’d be a few months out.”

She groaned and sighed heavily. ”That might not be so bad the way things are…”

Michael stopped rubbing her back, he moved off the bed and around in front of Alicia, he slowly dropped to one knee again and shook his head. ”We had a conversation about that, you said you weren’t ready, but now it seems like you are miserable.” He paused for a moment waiting for her reply, instead she put her head down and stared at her hands, fumbling with the tear soaked tissue. Michael swallowed hard and groaned as he sat back onto the floor with his legs crossed indian style. ”Things have gotten that bad? Maybe you should think about changing companies”

Alicia put her hand up and shook her head slowly. Her voice was calm as she took a deep breath. ”It’s not SCW….the company is great.”

”Then what is it? Is it me?”

Her bright blue eyes shot forward right into his as she slid down in front of Michael leaning forward to put her hands on his knees and stare him right in the face with a small smile. ”It is most definitely...not...you” She kissed him and then sat back with a sigh. ”It’s Wolfslair. It doesn’t feel the same anymore. Everyone is on eggshells, you walk through those doors and the air is thick. Like just...pressure...you know?” Her heart ached, she hated the feeling and talking about it took her right back there.

Michael gave her a moment, he waited and didn’t want to break her concentration, until he realised she needed support, his hand reaching out to lightly brush her arm. ”Maybe you should train here more, or start your own gym. I mean you could volunteer to re-open the Texas one” She couldn’t help but smile and laugh, Michael was always so supportive, so sweet and was always willing to have new ideas and new opportunities.

But, he wasn’t a wrestler. He didn’t understand that life and didn’t get how rare it was to find people to train with and help and support in that way. ”I don’t want to abandon them. They’re like...family” There was a warmth in her voice when she said the words. Michael gave a small nod before standing up and offering her his hand. He pulled Alicia to her feet and wrapped his arm around her shoulder pulling her close.

”Family has fights…..Wolfslair will get over this one...just have a little faith...and patience” He was right of course. Alicia knew it, she felt it. But there was still that lingering black cloud over her head. A terrible feeling of dread and fear. That all of it would explode. And there would be sides that needed to be chosen. And nothing she could do about it.

Warriors

”I have made an analogy in the past about Mercedes Vargas. One that I personally think is apt and a little clever if not obvious. See professional wrestlers, are like gunslingers. It’s a young persons job, and if they made it to old age, you should fear and respect them. Because it means they survived that long in something so brutal. But, like gunslingers, wrestlers have no idea what it’s time to walk away. And they have no idea...which bullet has their name on it…”

Alicia points her hand like a gun, her thumb up, and as she slowly smirks the thumb comes down.

”And I get it, I do, no one wants to think their best days are behind them and as good as Mercedes was you can’t ever discount her out from doing something, anything of note. See, Mercedes could still shock the world, she co0uld go beat Myra Rivers and become the Internet champion, she could go and face Johanna for the Roulette title, hell she could beat Keira for the Bombshells title. But, would it last?. See, being a champion, being a star isn’t just about being good enough to win a championship, it’s being good enough to keep the other hungry wolves from your goddamn door.”

“And while in my heart I know Mercedes is good enough to win any title she pleases, keeping it, and keeping the wolves at bay? I’m not sure she has that in her anymore. And as I said before, this was never about dragging Mercedes down this was about helping her see reality. And for the most part I think she has. See the last time Mercedes and I went one on one she had this look in her eye, she didn’t care what I had to say, didn’t care about the match. She was focused on something else and had this delusional idea in her head where all she had to do was turn up to beat me. But, that isn’t what happened..”

“Mercedes has given me some respect so I will return in kind and admit that against me Mercedes has had more success than most.”

“It has been in multiperson matches and tag team matches, but she still has wins over me, that isn’t something a lot of women can say. But, as Mercedes brought up, one on one I’m not someone she has been able to beat. In Honor, in SCW, I have been the one to stand over her with my arm raised and I do not take that lightly. I am proud of that record...as anyone who actually knows wrestling should be…”

Her eyes blaze with fire, her red lips turn upward as she steps forward and slams her fist down on a table in front of her.

”I am proud of the fact I have beaten women like Mercedes, Roxi, Keira, Dani, Evie, Andrea. Shit even Crystal. I have faced and beaten the best this company has to offer from the last generation and this one and that isn’t something I just bring up to make myself look better. In fact bif I keep your name off that list it’s because you haven’t accomplished enough for me to care that I beat you. But, you’re right Mercedes, this has never been personal between us and it won’t be. I might occasionally take issue with things you say but I don’t hate you, I don’t even dislike you.”

“You love this business and so do I, and part of loving this business is waking up one day and realising this business does not love you back in the same way. It’s something I know, it’s something you know. That analogy before? We’re both older gunslingers Mercy. I might have more time left on the clock than you but that doesn’t mean I don’t feel it. I’ve been doing this for ten years and nI have been doing it at a very high level. Six years ago I walked back into the US and I started taking over.”

“I beat big names, mI hasd title runs that most people would kill for.”

“My personal life was splattered all over social media, there was a very bitter and public contract dispute with WWH. All things people know but I grew with it.  Nothing has stopped me, nothing has slowed me down and the thing that keeps me going as long as I’m able and feeling this way is the knowledge that you, people like you, are still going despite everything thrown at them. I am a veteran like you Mercy despite the fact I’m a decade your junior.”

She raises her hands off the table and paces back and forth running her hands through her hair.

”I didn’t want this to be about your age, I mean I did want to bring it up but I have talked more about that than getting to my point. See, even now, as I am trying to climb back up that ladder and remind everyone just how scary Alicia fucking Lukas is and you are trying to remind everyone who Mercedes Vargas is nto and that you can still hang with the best, this match matters. We matter. You are a hall of fame star and I know, and you know I’m destined to be in there too. We are two women who have held gold almost everywhere we have gone. We have beaten people who told us time and time again that we weren’t as good as we believed ourselves to be.”

“And now here we are ready to face each other again.”

“It isn’t the first time, and part of me believes it won’t be the last. But this match is scary, because we are both motivated. Motivated by the same goal to make sure the current champion, and everyone else who seems to have forgotten about us stand up and take notice. The sad part is only one of us can win. Only one of us can stand up at the end of the match and be declared the winner. And as I start to build momentum towards the Blast from the past tournament it has to be me.”

“This isn’t about me trying to end your career or ruin your little comeback, put up or shut up story Mercedes. This is about professional momentum and courtesy.; Two women who need the win, two women whose names matter. And not just in Sin city but world goddamn wide. You were right when you said a match against me is one you can really get up for because one with you is the same. I never have a problem going out there and giving my all against you and that should scare people. They should see this match and watch what we do to each other and be in fucking awe of us…”

“So, Inception, Alicia Lukas versus Mercedes Vargas...lets light up the skies and give a performance that the wrestling gods themselves will be jealous of….”

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2021, 11:52:13 PM »

Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 24 al 31 de enero de 2021

Change is sometimes a good thing. You can't escape it. Weather change. Gas prices change. Seasons change. People change...

People change for all kind of reasons. Me? I promised myself that I would never change, because I don't need to. After I left the MGs, people thought I would suddenly give up my ways and, for awhile, it worked. I never cheat in matches only because I rather just win on my own accord than having to use a weapon or interference to win.

I've been wrestling long enough to know that you can't please everybody. I've long since said that I'm only here to further my own career. Do I care whether the fans cheer or boo me? Nope. Still don't. Makes no difference to me either way, hasn't changed the fact that I've accomplished mostly everything that there is to do in SCDub, hasn't changed my passion for the sport or the sacrifice and hard work I've put in my career.

If you think for a second that a fluke year with zero championship wins and tough start again this year will slow me down, then you don't know the pure adrenaline of competing and winning. And it burns now more than ever. The desire to be the best hasn't left me. That hasn't changed, and it never will.

I was a winner before, during, and after Mean Girls, I am a winner whether I hold a title or not. I may not be main eventing now, but I'm still the standard, I changed the game, and now I'm ahead of the game because while I'm playing chess, everyone else is playing checkers.

Alicia is confident, but that won't for a second change anything about my ability ad a confident performer in the women's division? It doesn't matter when people try to belittle me going as far as calling me past my prime because my worst years are better than their career years. Alicia might be good, but that doesn’t mean she's good enough. I have seen the best, I've matched up with some of the best. And here I am still doing my thing. I will never change the way I do business -- not for Alicia or anyone.

They say good things come to those who wait; better things to those who worked for it. I've waited patiently, humbly, for my opportunity. This Sunday, I'm not coming this far just to come this far. I'm not heading to another pay-per-view just to lose. All good things are worth waiting for, and fighting for. The longer I've waited for it, the more I appreciated it. The harder I fought for it, the more priceless it will be after Sunday.

~~~

L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

Un Sueño - A Dream

[["A veces, me cuesta creer que sigo en el negocio. A veces miro hacia atrás en mi vida, y me pregunto donde hizo me equivoco."]]

[“Sometimes, I find it hard to believe that I'm still in the business. Sometimes I look back at my life, and I wonder where did I go wrong.”]

[[“Soy una actriz, el modelo, un cantante ocasional....”]]

[“I am an actress, model, an occasional singer...”]

[[“Pero decido hacerme un luchador.”]]

[“But I choose to become a wrestler.”]

[[“¿Por qué?”]]

[“Why?”]

[[“¿Por qué no?”]]

[“Why not!”]

[["Dos vuelos, tres horas de viaje en autobús, estar atrapado en hoteles de cuatro a cinco horas, recibiendo palizas todas las noches. Uno se acostumbra, eventualmente.]]

[["Especialmente la fortuna y la fama"]]

["Two flights, three hour bus rides, being stuck in hotels for four to five hours, getting beat up on a nightly basis. You get used to it, eventually.

"Especially the fortune and fame."]

MGM GRAND
Studio 54 Nightclub

Mercedes is sitting near the bar after being on the dance floor for most of the evening. A cocktail glass in her hand. A man approaches her and starts up a conversation.

STRANGER: Are you Mercedes Vargas?

MERCEDES: How did you know?

The stranger hand Mercedes her driver's license.

STRANGER: Oh, and your car is about to be towed.

[["La gente pierde el tiempo pensando si un vaso está medio vacío o medio lleno. Yo, simplemente bebo lo que hay en el vaso"]]

[["People waste their time pondering whether a glass is half empty or half full. Me, I just drink whatever's in the glass"]]

Fast forward to Mercedes' where she is recounting her story to Ricardo who was still stationed at the typewriter. from where we last left off.

Mercedes: So what do you think?

Ricardo: We're going to need a lot of work on this one.

Mercedes: I didn't know writing an autobiography was going to be this hard.

Mercedes nonchalantly brushes her hair back as she turns to the typewriter, outstretching her hand as she taps on the machine.

~~~

L A S V E G A S • N E V A D A

It's Not Whether You Win or Lose: Gatekeeper the 26th: Mentiras, Malditas Mentiras (Lies, Damned Lies..., Part XII)

[REC]

There are few things that are worse than losing. There are few things that are worse than submitting to an opponent.

Don't laugh.

That all happened to Mercedes in her last match. Even now, the loss to Song was something she did not expect, an upset, if you will. Nonetheless, upsets seems to be happening to Mercedes a lot more often these lately, more than she liked to admit. Considering her track record, wins have been hard to come by and this year is off to a rough start.

Now as the first supercard of the new years draws near, Mercedes Vargas was faced with a new challenge, getting past an old rival who seemingly has been on the rise in the Bombshells Division. To say nothing of her talent, Alicia Lukas was everything as advertised and every bit the formidable opponent she said she was. Sunday's match at Inception then would be a match made in heaven.

Mercedes fires up the camera again as we see her sitting leisurely in her hotel room at the Saxon. For a moment, she fiddles with the camera until she is able to get a good decent shot. She backs up, makes a frame with her hands, tilts her head from one side to the other, contemplating if she has a good angle, then, with a sigh, Mercedes looks up at the camera, just going through with her first thoughts.

"Ever had one of those days where you just feel out of place? That's how I feel about this match. You know, kind of like that last piece of a jigsaw puzzle that doesn't quite fit. But somehow, you try to force it to.

"Eight years have come and gone since I made my debut in Sin City Wrestling. I'm stuck in the middle of nowhere. Stagnant, losing all motivation. Nothing seems enjoyable anymore. And yet sometimes...Well sometimes when you lose your way, you find yourself.

"I guess everyone expects me to rip on Alicia and just give her a very hard time. Believe me, while I would love to, I just can't find it in my heart to do so. Maybe it's because I want for all of us to play nice and get along.

"Well, Alicia. I guess this is it. You and me, one-on-one. It's been while since the last one but somehow I knew we would meet eventually, and this Sunday at Inception seems like perfect timing because this has been a long time coming."

Mercedes sits cross legged at the edge of the bed, one of her legs dangling and the other tucked up under her. She pauses, brushing a few strands of hair from her face. Almost despite herself, Mercedes takes on a comical tone.

"In a sense, I guess you can say this is my match to lose. I mean, this isn't "Let's Make a Deal" here. I have very few options than seeing what's behind Door number one, two or three. Before this match was made I mused that I must have really done something to piss off Mark or Christian. What, did our names get drawn out of a hat? Were we given numbers chosen at random? Oh, wait, I know! Our names were chosen by throwing darts at a board. Yeah, that has to be it. Raise your hand if you thought Alicia-Mercedes would happen at a supercard? Anyone? No takers?"

She looks around her for a moment, nodding her head. Then she sighs, looks at the camera and speaks..

"All jokes aside, Alicia, these past two weeks, we've had to prepare our video submissions, exchange words, made vows, tried our best to psych each other out. And now, it all comes down to this. This Sunday, the tweets stop, the time for talk is over. Sunday won't be about records and wins and losses, accolades or accomplishments, this is about who is the best. And maybe, I don't know, another one of those passing of the torch moments.

"Passing of the torch."

"You know, it's a phrase I've never heard before and to my knowledge, I never heard anyone say it after Misty, Vixen or Odette had their final matches in Sin City Wrestling. But all the same, it's a phrase I'm still getting used to.

"The first person who ever said that about me was Andrea in the days ahead of our only singles match some two years ago, and the question still rings true. She asked if I remembered who passed the torch to me and, honestly, I didn't have an answer. Maybe it's because I never went through a true "passing of the torch" moment in my career. Maybe no one ever did that for me. Maybe I'll never succesfully able to 'pass the torch' to the next big superstar before I finally call it a career.

When age, injuries, and politics take a toll, it's time for a changing of the guard so I can see how Johanna had been very vocal recently.

I'm at the twilight of my career. It's a cruel, beautiful, harsh truth I'd rather not think about, but there it is staring me in the face again. There's a huge difference between being hard on yourself and being honest with yourself. Being honest doesn't mean beating yourself up."

Her face puckers sourly at this revelation, but then fades as she lowers her head and chuckles. As much as she hated to admit it, time was not in her side, but she could enjoy the moments she has left. It's the very least she could do.

"Crowning the next successor in the company isn't so easy, namely because some talent just aren't ready, willing and able to take up the task and as good as Mark and Christian are as owners, they don't hit it out of the park every time. Now, I've said this before, but the owners have an eye-test when it comes to talent, especially the women's division. Sometimes they're right, sometimes they're wrong. They'll look at a girl and they'll say, "yeah, she's the total package." Turns out to be nothing. Then they'll look at someone else, shake their head, and say, "Nah, she doesn't have what it takes to be a big name in this division." As it turns out, they are the biggest name in the division.

"Song may have got the best of me, but my confidence isn't shot, although it very well should be. It's been awhile since I last held a championship in SCW, but I'm not too concerned. If you didn’t fight for what you want, don’t cry for what you’ve lost, you know?

"To see where I am now and what I've been through, anyone in my shoes would have thrown in the towel and quit the next day. But this five foot seven, 125-pound Latina has come a long way. Accomplished a lot of things. By now, everyone knows that I'm the most accomplished wrestler in Sin City Wrestling. Not the Bombshells Division, the entire company. Headlined many shows. Won many championships. There isn't anything I haven't done. Well, except for the Blast From the Past but that's going to be crossed off my bucket list soon enough. Hopefully this year?"

With a pleading look in her eyes, she clasps her hands together to drive the point home.

"I have put in the work, and there is no one more dedicated and passionate about the division and the company than me. Some don't like it, others don't even respect it. Most go as far as to mock my accolades because reasons, or willful ignorance or plain jealousy. Sometimes all three.

"I've seen people come and go, but here I am still standing, still smiling and, yeah, still talking. For awhile now, I was destined to be good, maybe not great, but could make other people look great, make other people look like stars and turn them into stars because I am that damn good. I'm not doing that anymore. Nothing and no one stops me from starting my climb back to the top and to beat me, Alicia, it's going to take a little bit of luck and a whole lot of talent. You beat me once, but can you do it again?

"I've spent everyday of my waking hours looking forward to our match, Alicia, because pride is what our match is all about. Usually, I’m in a zone, I’m upbeat, I’m ready to kick ass and takes names, Sunday won't be an exception. Because you're not stepping in the ring with just anyone, you're stepping in the ring with the one-woman dynasty in SCW and as for passing the torch, well, you're going to have to wait until I'm good and ready."

Looking deadset into the camera lens, her voice drops to a whisper though her words hold conviction behind them. She pauses, mostly for dramatic effect.

"Out of nowhere, I'm on the road to somewhere. Difficult roads leads to beautiful destinations. And for me, the more difficult reaching my destination becomes, the more I'm going to appreciate the journey.

"The gloves are off, the war paint is on, and the checklist is always at hand.

"And, Alicia, your name is next."

Long before you knew, and long after you'll remember."

***Fade***

>
<span style="color:Orange">SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
Fastest wrestler to 100 career matches on Climax Control (October 2019)
First-ever fourteen-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and fourteenth title (November 28, 2021)
(2968 days/97 months between October 2013 and November 2021/8 years, 1 month, 15 days)
First-ever thirteen-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and thirteenth title (April 11, 2019)
(2737 days/89 months between October 2013 and April 2021/7 years, 5 months, 29 days)
First-ever twelve-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and twelfth title (June 30, 2019)
(2086 days/68 months between October 2013 and June 2019/5 years, 8 months)
First-ever eleven-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and eleventh title (September 16, 2018)
(1799 days/59 months between October 2013 and September 2018; 4 years, 11 months)
First-ever ten-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and tenth title (July 22, 2018)
(1743 days/57 months between October 2013 and July 2018; 4 years, 9 months)
First-ever nine-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and ninth title (September 24, 2017)
(1442 days/47 months between October 2013 and September 2017; 3 years, 11 months)
First-ever eight-time champion overall in SCW history, most by a female wrestler; fastest champion, male or female, to reach milestone between first and eighth title (May 15, 2016)
(945 days/31 months between October 2013 and May 2015; 2 years, 7 months)
Longest consecutive pay-per-view appearance 66+ consecutive events since June 23, 2013 SCW pay-per-view debut)
Only woman to compete at every SCW pay-per-view in a calendar year for five consecutive years (2014-2018)
Only woman to compete at every SCW pay-per-view in a calendar year for 10 consecutive years (2014-2023)
One of two wrestlers and the first woman to win five different SCW championships (July 22, 2018)
First-ever two-time World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (w/Traci Patterson) (June 29, 2014)
First-ever two-time World Mixed Tag Team Champion (w/Kain) (September 16, 2018)
First-ever five-time tag team champion overall in SCW history (September 16, 2018)
1652 days/54 months (4 years, 6 months)
Previously held record for Most career wins by a female wrestler in SCW history (December 16, 2018)
Previously held record foor Most career wins on Climax Control by a female wrestler in SCW history (February 3, 2019)
First-ever seven-time singles champion overall in SCW history (passing Goth for most career singles championship reigns all-time), most by a female wrestler
First-ever six-time singles champion overall in Bombshell history, (tied with Goth for most career singles championship reigns all-time in SCW history)
1442 days/47 months (3 years, 11 months)
One of six female wrestlers (Misty, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco, Joanne Canelli, Roxi Johnson) and the second fastest to win a title in three consecutive years (May 31, 2015)
595 days/19 months (1 year, 7 months)
Second female wrestler, one of three (Amy Marshall, Roxi Johnson) and the second fastest to win a title in four consecutive years (February 14, 2016)
854 days/28 months (2 years, 4 months)
Only female wrestler to win a championship in six consecutive years:
(Bombshell Roulette Championship, 2013, 2014; World Bombshell Tag Team Championship, 2015; Bombshell Internet Championship, 2016; World Bombshell Championship, 2017; World Mixed Tag Team Championship, 2018) 
Only woman in SCW history to become a multiple-time champion with four sets of titles (September 16, 2018)
Only woman to become a multiple-time champion with the Bombshell Roulette (x3), World Bombshell Tag Team (x3), World Bombshell (x2) and World Mixed Tag Team Championships in a career (September 16, 2018)
One of two women (Amy Marshall) and one of three wrestlers overall (Marshall, Rage) in SCW history to become a multiple-time champion wirh three sets of titles (February 14, 2016)
Third woman, one of only five (Joanne Canelli, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco, Roxi Johnson) and the third fastest in SCW history to become a multiple-time champion with the SCW Bombshell Roulette (x3), World Bombshell Tag Team (x3) and Bombshell Internet Championships in a career (February 14, 2016)
First woman and one of only four (Veronica Taylor, Amy Marshall, Jessie Salco) to become a multiple-time champion with the Bombshell Roulette and World Bombshell Tag Team Championships (June 29, 2014)
Second woman and one of three (Vixen, Sam Marlowe) to become a multiple-time champion with the Bombshell Roulette and World Bombshell Championships (September 24, 2017)
Third woman and one of only three (Misty, Raynin) to become a multiple-time champion with the World Bombshell Tag Team and World Bombshell Championships (September 24, 2017)
Only female wrestler to become a multiple-time champion with the World Bombshell and World Mixed Tag Team Championships (September 16, 2018)
Second Bombshell after Any Santino and one of six female wrestlers (Roxi Johnson, Mikah, Crystal Caldwell, Keira Fisher-Johnson) to win all three singles championships (September 16, 2018)
One of five women (Kittie, Vixen, Joanne Canelli, Delia Darling) to have never lost their first match of a new year and the first to do so four years in a row (June 2013 debut, January 2014, 2015, 2016)
Second wrestler male or female after Jessie Salco and one of three (Jessie Salco, Roxi Johnson) to reach 50 career PPV matches (Into the Void X, 23 May 2021)
First wrestler male or female to reach 60 career PPV matches (High Stakes X, November 22, 2022)Most career PPV matches in SCW (surpassed Jessie Salco with 59, Violent Conduct VIII, September 4, 2022)
Most career matches on Climax Control<Most career matches in SCW
One of three women to have never lost their first supercard match of a new year and the first to do so five years in a row (June 2013 debut, January 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017) 
First-ever SCW Queen for a Day battle royal winner (December 2 Dismember III supershow, December 13, 2015)
Second Bombshell to have wrestled 100 TV/PPV matches, fastest in history to reach milestone (September 3, 2017)
(1554 days, or 51 months between June 2013 and September 2017)
Fifth woman to have wrestled 50 TV/PPV matches, third fastest in history to reach milestone (July 19, 2015)
(777 days, or 25 months between June 2013 and July 2015)
Second-longest reigning Bombshell Roulette Champion 
September 14, 2014 - March 8, 2015 (175 days; 5 months, 22 days; held record for longest singles reign for 17 months after reign ended)
Most consecutive/successful title defenses, 5;
[record tied by Sam Marlowe twice on 24 September 2017 and 7 April 2019]
Second most combined consecutive/successful title defenses, 7; broken on 26 January 2019; [held record for most combined defenses for four years after third reign ended]
Second woman to have held Bombshell Roulette Championship three times (after Necra Octavian Kane) (September 14, 2014) 
Fourth woman and one of five (Misty, Vixen, Necra Octavian Kane, Jessie Salco) to have held a Bombshell singles title three times (September 14, 2014) 
Only woman to record four title reigns in a single year
(2014, winning the Bombshell Tag Team (March, June) and Bombshell Roulette (January, September) Championships two times each)
First woman in SCW history to go unpinned/unsubmitted in singles matches for up to an entire year (365 days) or more (434 days)
Longest Bombshells singles unpinned/unsubmitted streak in SCW history
(June 2, 2013 - August 10, 2014) -
14 months, 8 days/434 days overall/62 weeks
Longest Bombshells unpinned/unsubmitted streak in SCW history 
(June 2, 2013 - March 30, 2014)
9 months, 28 days/301 days overall/43 weeks
[Held record from March 30, 2014 - March 21, 2016
722 days/23 months, 3 weeks/103 weeks and 1 day]</span>

<span style="color:gold">The Checklist</span>
<span style="color:grey"><span style="color:gold">Faith</span>
Ambrosia Grey/Joanne Canelli/Laura Jackson
<span style="color:gold">Jessie Salco</span>
Nessa Wall/Jessie Salco (x2)
<span style="color:gold">Nessa Wall (x2)</span>/Traci Patterson
Misty/Vixen
<span style="color:gold">Traci Patterson (x2)</span>
Lizzie Short/Traci Patterson (x3)/<span style="color:gold">Joanne Canelli (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall</span>
<span style="color:gold">Traci Patterson (x4)</span>/Jessie Salco (x3)
Emma Rose/Joanne Canelli (x3)
Roxi Johnson/Electra Styles
Jessie Salco (x4)/<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall (x2)</span>
Felony Fontana/Rock Rose
Trishelle Jordan/Traci Patterson (x5)
Misty (x2)/Roxi Johnson (x2)/Amy Marshall (x3)
Necra Octavian Kane/<span style="color:gold">Natalie McKinley</span>/Joanne Canelli (x4)
<span style="color:gold">Necra Octavian Kane (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Cynthia Warren</span>
<span style="color:gold">Zuri Chastain</span>
<span style="color:gold">Zuri Chastain (x2)</span>/Traci Patterson (x6)
<span style="color:gold">Traci Patterson (x7)</span>
Caleb Houston/Roxi Johnson (x3)
Amy Marshall (x4)/<span style="color:gold">Jessie Salco (x5)</span>
Amanda Cortez/Veronica Taylor
Amanda Cortez (x2)/Veronica Taylor (x2)
<span style="color:gold">Raynin</span>
Amy Marshall ((5)/<span style="color:gold">Raynin (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Alexis Edwards</span>
<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall (x6)/Kate Steele/Traci Patterson (x8)/Kahlan "Bliss" Fischer</span>
<span style="color:gold">Zuri Chastain (x3)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Alexis Edwards (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Melanie Gabrielle</span>
<span style="color:gold">Samantha Marlowe</span>
<span style="color:gold">Amy Marshall (x7)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Samantha Marlowe (x2)</span>
<span style="color:gold">Crystal Millar</span>
<span style="color:gold">Celeste North</span>         
Dax Beckett/<span style="color:gold">Celeste North (x2)</span> 
James Tuscini/<span style="color:gold">Trish Newborn</span>  
Ivan Darrell/Amanda Cortez (x3)
<span style="color:gold">Kate Steele (x2)</span>