Author Topic: Redemption part two  (Read 511 times)

Offline SenorVinnie

• View Profile
    • Senor Vinnie
Redemption part two
« on: December 11, 2020, 06:22:20 PM »
Agony

It’s mere days after the return of Senor Vinnie to Climax Control, beating Todd Williams by count out. The buzz has been all over the Sin City Wrestling Universe, wondering whether Vinnie now really has lost his complete mind or… has merely rejoiced?? And yet there’s no joy in the eyes of the beholder… you know, Vinnie. Seated in a corner of his hotel room. Staring at the bed that has not been touched.

She promised me she would be here….

His muttering is almost non existing, thankfully the microphone manages to obtain his mumbling as he is clearly in a weird state of mind.

She told me half past nine, she has never been this late…..

The clock on the bedstand shows one am, clearly he has been waiting for whomever it is for several hours… maybe days, who knows as Vinnie is clearly mesmerized by the digits on the clock.

No, I promised I would wait. I am a man of my word, I cannot have her walk into the room all messed up….

His face is really tired looking, wells underneath his eyes are showing as he must have been sitting there for a very long time. His face shows a weird and sickening smile, as if he is looking forward to the grand entrance of this very special “person”

Lora, my precious Lora…. I wonder whether you will be wearing that beautiful dress that I once bought you….

He lifts one of his hands to his face, showing an old and wrinkled picture of a woman. The woman is wearing a red dress and is smiling, this causes him to sigh.

So pretty…..
His fingers caresses the wrinkled fabric, the edges of the picture has turned yellow as it clearly has endured a lot of friction.

My pretty Lora…, I even brought you your favourite dinner… I will warm it again as soon as you walk through that door, because I know you hate cold food….

The camera moves over towards a table that shows plates with on either side of them forks and knives and spoons. Two wine glasses are visible as well as two candle holders, but the candles are merely a small burning flame struggling to stay alive. Next to the table is a food cart with plates that are covered with a lid, covering the food that Vinnie had ordered for his “wife”

I know what you must be thinking, why would she show up tonight?? After ordering food for the past three days, why would she show up right now??? But you don’t know Lora, she is someone that loves to make a grand entrance…. To keep me waiting, to keep the

His eyes are roaming the room, as if he has heard a sound that brings a deeper and more sinister smile upon his face

To keep suspense alive… she always knew what gets me excited, but what do YOU know about excitement???

A knock can be heard on the door.

Mr. Rodriguez???

There’s a silence, Vinnie seems oblivious to the voice coming from the other side of the door. Softly biting his lower lip as he is anticipating the arrival of someone else.

Mr. Rodriguez??? This is room service, can we take the dinner cart back downstairs??

Silence…

Mr. Rodriguez????

(whisper) It’s Senor…. Vinnie…

He turns his head from side to side, causing the tension in his neck to loosen. He stares at the door and slowly rises to his feet as he walks towards it. His clothing is wrinkled from sitting awkwardly for God knows how long, he stops for a few moments and takes a deep breath.

Coming….

He opens the door as the girl from room service looks at him with concern on her face, not sure what to make of the man that stands in front of her. He sighs as he steps sideways and gestures her to enter the hotel room as she quickly does.

Can you please tell the cook that my wife does not like cold food???

She turns around to stare at Vinnie, raising an eyebrow at the request of the former Sin City World Heavyweight champion. Clearly not certain what to make of it.

Sir, the food that we brought in hours ago was as hot as you had requested. But nothing will remain hot if you do not decide to eat it…..

I was waiting for my wife, she told me that she would come…..

Your…. Wife sir????

His gaze has already turned towards the hallway of the hotel room. The lights are bright as his gaze goes from left to right, trying to figure out where Valora would emerge to surprise him.

I told hotel management to let her come upstairs immediately, why do they keep interfering with private life????!!!!

His voice echoes through the hallway as he slowly starts to get more and more annoyed, his gaze turns towards his watch as it shows the time. Grinding his teeth before looking upwards once more as he hears an elevator door open

Lora!! Finally… I…….

He stops midsentence, realizing that a complete stranger exited the elevator instead of his “wife”. Vinnie raises his hand towards the figure in an apologetic gesture and turns around towards his hotel room and sighs.

Marital problems sir???

Vinnie lifts his head towards the girl, surprising her with a glee smile upon his face while shaking his head no.

Me and my wife having problems?? What would make you suggest that!!! Just because she has left me standing for the third night in a row??? Or the mere fact that she has not yet answered my text messages or calls??

I….

A door next to Vinnie’s room opens up slowly as a light button is clicked on before a figure slowly exits its hotel room while Vinnie continues his rant to the girl of room service.

Don’t you think that Lora likes to keep things excited by playing the game of HIDE AND I WILL NOT ANSWER YOUR CALLS WHILE YOU SEEK??!!!!!

The eyes of the former world champion is locked upon the girl, who is looking more and more nervous.

I’m sorry si….

IT’S SENOR VINNIE TO YOU!!!!! Why can’t you get it through your thick skull that I am….

VINNIE!!!!!!
Vinnie turns around as we see Bea Barnhart standing there in a night gown, covering her entire body as she clearly had woken up due to the noise Vinnie had produced. She is looking angry towards him while holding a baseball bat in her hand.

Senora Bea?? What are you doing here???
She rolls her eyes, clearly not in the mood for a chat with Vinnie as she looks inside his own hotel room, seeing the girl of room service and rolls her eyes before sighing. She takes a deep breath before looking at Vinnie again.

Room service Vinnie?? Again??

His gaze is as clueless as ever, not understanding what she is aiming at.

Did you seriously assume that Valora would show up and have dinner with you??

Vinnie wants to answer that question, but Bea cuts him off with putting the baseball bat to his mouth as to silence him.

Please Vinnie, I do not know what has happened to you. But you are living in the past, you and Valora have been divorced for over several months now. Please don’t tell me you have forgotten that again???

Lora?? Divorced?? But I talked to her on the phone last night? I….

Bea lowers the baseball bat, her gaze is now one of sadness and concern for Vinnie. Staring at him as slowly memories is being gathered inside his head once more of the last few months of his marriage with Valora before the divorce. Causing him to slowly stagger backwards against the wall and drops down sitting on the floor with his hands against his face. Tears quickly flow from his face as he once again remembers

LORA!!!!!!!!

Bea drops to her knees and gestures to the room service girl that she can leave Vinnie’s hotel room, she then turns her attention back to Vinnie as she is trying to console him through this moment of agony.

Wake up call

A few days later

Where did I go wrong???

Words echo through the brain of Vinnie as he is staring at his friend Pete, who is sitting on the sofa with Iris who is trying to attract Pete’s attention. Vinnie is sitting down in his shorts while his upper body is bare. His hair is wild and he is sporting a beard while staring at his friend the cactus.

You know that its all my fault right?? I mean seriously, I have done her more wrong than Ben Jordan can do right!!! She is an angel…., an angel Pete!!! And she left me…, I still don’t know why…

His head lowers, he puts his hands to his face in shame, trying to cover up for his friend while his “girlfriend” is annoyed by the lack of attention she is getting

Ruff

I’m sorry Iris, I promise. Just like my marriage, this won’t take long. I….

But the dog has already jumped off the couch she and Pete were on and walks off to her feeding bowl, barking towards Bill and Bea that she is hungry while Vinnie tries to focus back on Pete.

What  do you mean I am too hard on myself?? Look at me Pete, I used to have the world title AND  the love of his life. It sure did not go that way when that Cockney King did something he NEVER could have done before!!!

He lifts his head in annoyance, rolling his eyes to the response from Pete before sighing and nods his head in agreement.

I shouldn’t have been so mean on Ben, I’m just frustrated Pete. I once had it all, for over a hundred days I was loved…, I was admired and I was hated. I was being named so many things, more than I can remember. And it’s gone now, there are so many new names out there, even a champion that I can admit is oozing more machismo than I have ever had…. I…,

Oh what the hell…

He digs his fingers against the temple of either side of his head and tries to talk some sense into himself, but obviously fails in his attempts as the groaning continues

That’s easy for you to say!!! You are lucky to have Iris!! I mean seriously, I have NOTHING!!!

Silence

Oh I know that titles come and titles they go, I will be able to get a new one whenever the opportunity presents itself and I am on the verge on being an opportunist and take home the gold. But obtaining true love?? It’s something that I was raised upon to NEVER FUCK THAT ONE UP PETE!!!

And look at me now….

He groans, hearing giggling from the other room between Bill and Bea, a married couple that have been together for so long. Something that Vinnie have been yearning for since the breakup. Having been away from pro wrestling, something he had enjoyed doing for several years. But it meant nothing after the divorce, he would have given it away to just be back with her…. Something he knows that will never happen again.

Do you think I will ever be happy again Pete??

There’s silence, he stares at his friend through the small spaces of his fingers, a million thoughts run through his mind in an instance as that causes him to shake his head unwillingly.

WHY DON’T YOU LEAVE ME ALONE!!!!

Suddenly he realizes what has happened, he stares at Pete with a look of shock on his face.

No Pete, that was not meant for you. I….

Again there’s silence, tears emerge from his eyes once more. The thought of how to talk himself out of this situation will be difficult for sure, how to explain his friend that the scream of anguish was not directed to him. But if it wasn’t towards Pete, then to whom was it aimed at??

Forgive me, I

He cannot finish the sentence, as a struggle is ensued inside his mind. His eyes are closed shut a scream is nearly escaping his lips as he is struggling to remain silent, as he is afraid that this will only alarm the Barnharts. And Vinnie does not want another lecture from either of them while talking to Pete.
Yes I know I am a bit eccentric, I know that many others think I am weird. But to

Silence.

What do you mean I should not constantly talk about my wife??

Silence

I am not searching for self-pity!! I am merely stating the obvious that…..

Oh fuck…..

Vinnie sighs, as he realizes that what Pete suggested is exactly what he is doing unbeknownst. He muffles a curse as he is annoyed as hell about himself.

I need to get this sorted out before I am really losing my mind!! Last night I thought that she was going to have dinner with me in my hotel room, the week before I had a dream that we were back home and she vanished. I…..

He stares at Pete, suddenly realizing that he has vanished. Vinnie looks around as he suddenly notices that the entire room has changed. No longer is he at the Barnharts, but he is at a familiar place that he has not been at for quite some time.

Oh fuck, I need to get away from here before she….

Before what sweetie???

He looks up and there she is, Valora as she is wearing one of his favourite sweaters that is way too big for her, but he always thought it looked so good on her. He swallows as he sees her smile at him, something that he had missed over the last several months.

I must be dreaming, this can’t…..

But Valora slides next to him, resting her head against his shoulder as his arm instinctively wraps itself around her. He sighs, remembering the familiar sensation that sends through his body makes it hard for him to believe that this isn’t real but a dream.

Lora… I…,

There’s silence, the room around them slowly turns dark. He feels her skin against him, but for some reason it’s not as how he remembers it. It feels cold and hard, a shiver runs through his body

I have always hated that name Vinnie….

His eyes grow wider, the voice is seemingly the same and yet it sounds altered for some reason. He wants to answer, but his mouth seems to be sowed shut.

You know that I married you out of pity right??

A muffled sound emerges out of the closed mouth, he attempts to open it but cannot due to wires holding both of his lips together. He attempts to use more strength, but it seems as if it is ripping the flesh apart as well as it glues back together. Making it impossible for him to answer as Valora slowly turns her face towards him.

Come on Vinnie, tell me as you have always done how pretty I am…..

He stares at her face, but instead of the lovely face with golden smile and eyes to die for… He sees nothing more than a cold stare that looks back into his eyes. He realizes that this is no longer his ex wife Valora, but a woman he has never seen before and yet… for some reason is very familiar to him.

What’s the matter Vinnie?? You act as if you are seeing ghosts?? You cannot be afraid of little me now can you???

He is trying to react to her while pulling away, but the only sound he is making is a muffled sound. His mind is racing, thinking that this can’t be real. That this must be a

Dream Vinnie?? Oh yes, don’t you worry. You are right, this is nothing more than a dream…. Where anything is possible and where I can read your mind…. But I want more Vinnie….,

He claws backwards in utter fear, looking around to see that he is once again in a different room. A room he has never been at, unable to see an exit that he can use to escape from this predicament as the woman claws towards him laughing

Oh don’t worry Vinnie, he won’t be home for a few more hours… we have all the time of the world….

He?? Who is she talking about is running through his mind. He sees a burning fireplace with pictures of an unfamiliar man and this woman standing together. They seem happy together, making him wonder why she is after him??

Questions, so many questions. I am not in the mood to talk Vinnie.., I am in the mood to play.

Vinnie crawls backwards some more as he suddenly bumps into a vase as it breaks. Vinnie turns around when suddenly.

VINNIE!!!!

Vinnie snaps out of the dream that he has been in as he suddenly looks at the angry face of Bea Barnhart. He looks back at himself as flowers are all over him and Pete is on the sofa the same way he had left him

What’s going on?

Redemption part two

The tour continues

Once again I’m back…, once again to do what I know I can still do. And that’s to compete inside the confines of the six sided ring in Sin City Wrestling. And what a joyous occasion as the next obstacle is one old familiar face.

Vinnie is back in his hotel room, he is on his bed resting while staring at the ceiling. In the background there’s last week’s Climax Control airing his match against Todd Williams.

How the unknown is often viewed as a challenge to overcome… to see whether you have it to adapt to someone else… or just merely dominate until he or she cannot continue anymore…. And yet, neither happened did it??

Oh sure I have won, count out… yay, such a joyful occasion is it not?? But nowadays?? I take it any possible way I can to get my redemption fixed upon the eyes of the beholder…

He snorts sarcastically at his own comment

But my redemption has only begun, so many names to follow and so many paths I need to take before…. Well you know don’t you?? It will either be slow and painful, or fast and over before you realize it that you had it in your possession in the first place… but I guess it will never be solved in two mere steps….

One small step for man, one giant leap for mankind…..,

He is silent after quoting the infamous line that was used prior to the first steps a human being ever had set foot upon the moon

I have to set many small steps upon escaping the moon of fleeing the realms of anonymity that I am currently subjected to. Facing Todd Williams was an experience that got me to crave for more…. But at least something more than just a mere count out to a nobody.

Forgive me Todd, I am just taking that next step to create that giant leap that I need to flee from my anguish in life… my suffering, my pain and my emotional scars that are burning upon my flesh of anguish and hurt. Having that firs taste of success has awoken the thirst inside of me, but thankfully I am feasting upon someone I know that will grant me so much more than you could amigo.

Alex Jones….

The name echoes inside of his brain for a few moments. Remembering the battles he has had with the now former World Champion, the man that got under his skin at times by merely stating facts and reversing Vinnie’s responses with lies

Alex Jones…, a man that I despised before and after winning the world championship belt. A man that used Pete to distract me and gain a victory…, a man that got to me at that point. Showing me that I was not yet ready for the big picture and yet he had taught me a valuable lesson in that one single defeat.

A lesson of grit, a lesson of digging deeper inside my soul and extract the very best and worse out of me. A lesson of how to play fire with fire, as it taught me well to finally obtain that one goal that had eluded me… World Championship Gold…

His look upon his face is satisfied, remembering the battles they have fought. Realizing that none of his battles were just simply a match against Alex Jones, they were more a war.

How things have changed in a year did it not Alex?? After our first encounter I climbed to be at the top of the food chain, while you?? Oh no I should not lower myself to the point of degrading myself as we both know you deserve more respect right now. I was on top of the world and you were clawing a similar path that I had travelled before obtaining that one goal you achieved this year… world heavyweight champion… while me???
He bites his lower lip, not because he hates to admit it…. He just feels ashamed to look back at his career as well as his life

I ultimately ended up playing second fiddle to anyone Alex.. ANYONE!!! Oh God how I hate myself in an attempt that I tried to love all of my accomplishments… a feat that you could have easily used as a mocking way to tell the world how much I finally have turned to… someone that sucked… someone that I ended up hating… and I would be unable to disagree with you on whatever point you could have come up with.

And yet you didn’t Alex….

He closes his eyes and lets out a sigh

I respect your views Alex, we both have turned a new leaf in our lives. One has grown and the other is trying to escape the routine that became his own fucking life…. You may be the judge upon whom is whom… as my opinion does not do anything more than overshadow my path of redemption that I MUST follow

I know many before me and after talk about their destiny, talking about becoming world champion. While yours truly does want that too, but before I could even consider challenge anyone… I need to overcome you Alex.. I must take you down once more, I must not allow you to gain any sort of victory over me…. And you know why amigo??

Not because of selfish reasons beyond the obvious, I want to get back to the spot where I once was. I had lost to the same man that you lost to at High Stakes X. And if I cannot beat you, then what moral reasons do I have to ever consider redeem my loss against a man that beat me?? It’s just like not being able to look into the eyes of my ex wife without feeling sick to my stomach…. How can I continue my career without vomiting down to my guts every time that I hear the name of men that I have to free my anguish upon???

But you understand don’t you?? Oh I know you do Alex…, as we both have grown, both have altered our life cycle that is pro wrestling… but I need to move on Alex, I need to move on. I cannot care anymore about needs of others, I do not even care whether you feel satisfaction in your current state in your career…. But I’m not my friend.

But I will forget that this coming Monday Night, where we will wage war once more. To enter the ring as combatants as hopefully equals… but in the end…, I will leave until I have redeemed my soul… like I need to redeem the losses that I have obtained against the man that took my internet title away from me. I have to redeem the harmful words of one Austin James Mercer… words of reality and hurt… a reality that I could not push aside and move on…. But just like my marriage, that wasn’t the only one was it???

Until we are done Alex.., heave these words well and mark every second of realization. I never hated you, I only despised that what you were and that what I have become…. But thankfully after this coming show?? You will be another name that I can eliminate from my list of casualties waiting to happen….

Until then Alex…, until then….