Author Topic: Sam Marlowe v Courtney Pierce  (Read 1970 times)

Offline SCW Staff

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Sam Marlowe v Courtney Pierce
« on: November 08, 2020, 02:33:01 PM »
Post all roleplays for this match here.

Limits: One roleplay per week, 10,000 words max.

Good luck!

Offline Courtney Pierce

• View Profile
Re: Sam Marlowe v Courtney Pierce
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2020, 11:59:48 PM »
==========================================================

>It’s possible to not make any mistakes, and still lose.

At least, that is what I have been telling myself for the last couple of weeks. I'm not going to lie. I'm not going to make any excuses. Evie beat me fair and square in the middle of the ring. I can accept that. I have no defense. There is no getting around it. I said in the lead up to our match that Evie couldn't say that she had beaten me cleanly, and then she went and fixed that problem. I came up short, but that wasn't the part that messed me up the most. What burst my bubble was the inevitability of it all. Nobody was surprised. Nobody even batted an eyelash. I walked away a loser, and if was as if it were business as usual.

Not even any of The Black Sheep offered any kind of positivity after the loss. I expected that one of them might step up and have my back in the fallout. Maybe Coby at least. He is always a ray of sunshine. Instead, everyone got really quiet. Maybe everyone was ready for someone to finally shut me up. I guess the last couple of weeks have been a nice vacation for everyone.

I'm sorry to have to bring that to an end for most of you. High Stakes is coming up and I can't let what happened on Climax Control happen again. It doesn't take very many losses like that before people start writing you off as the younger, better looking Jessie Salco of the company. That's not a mantle that I want to take up. I didn't bust my ass to become a roster-wide punchline. If I was willing to settle for that, I would have never come back.

That is why this match with Sam is so important. She is someone that knows what I am talking about. I remember a time when she was forced to work the concession stands. I remember her being a joke. Everyone was making fun of her, myself included. I would apologize for that, but we all know that it wouldn't be genunie. It was funny, but that's not the point. Nobody gave her a chance. There was a point where people thought that her time in this company was over, only for her to come back and return to championship glory. I mean, just look at what she has done since she has been back. Her record is looking a lot better than mine is right now.

...but let's not forget that this won't be the first time that the two of us step into the ring together. She was a speed bump for Fenris and I during Blast from the Past, and all of us know how that turned out. She was a champion that lost to a rookie, and I went on to win the whole damn thing. Sam was the perfect launch pad for my ascent years ago. There is no reason that she couldn't be the same this time around. After all, if history repeating itself is working out so well for Evie, why can't it be the same for me?

At the end of the day though, words don't mean a whole lot. That is what these last two weeks have taught me. The history that Sam and I have in the ring speaks for itself. I was able to to win last time around. Everything else is unimportant. The jokes. The insults. The rainbows and sunshine that Sam always seems so full of...

None of it is going to matter at High Stakes. I need to go out and get back on the right track. Sam is the one standing in my way. That means that unfortunately she has to go. It's not a personal thing, so try not to dwell on it.

See you in a week, Sam.

I hope you know how much I need this.

Offline Sam Marlowe

• View Profile
    • Samantha Marlowe
Re: Sam Marlowe v Courtney Pierce
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2020, 11:53:28 PM »
Dr Evans moves into the room where a redhead is standing looking at something.  Stepping up to the redhead, she crosses her arms and looks up at the same image that the redhead is looking at.

“What are we looking at?” she asks which has the redhead jumping with a squeak.

“Y’all are going to be givin’ me a heart attack,” exclaims Sam Marlowe as her hand rises to her chest.  Shaking her head, Sam once more turns to look at what now appears to be a wrestling poster.  The title on it is High Stakes Eight and features an image of the Bombshell Roulette title match of Evie Baang against Sam.  “That right there was the time I won the Bombshell Roulette title from Evie…” adds Sam with a smile.

“And you have another High Stakes coming up this weekend don’t you?” demands the doctor.  “Do you have a title on the line?”

Sam sighs but shakes her head negatively.  “No title match, just one of those matches that make up the card.  I guess this time it is just about pride and nothing else.  Although, if I am able to win, would give me justification to ask for a title shot of some kind.  And trust me, I am ready to get out there and win the match.”   

Sam has a look on her face that is unreadable which has the doctor begin to walk around to face her.  The doctor raises an eyebrow as she looks Sam over.  “What are you thinking Sam?” says Doctor Evans.  “You don’t seem to be here right now.”

Sam turns with a slight quirk of her lips before her head ducks in self-depreciation.  “I am thinking that it isn’t going to be as easy as I usually find my matches to be on nights like this.  Maybe I am getting too old for this,” teases Sam with a soft chuckle.  “Actually though, it is going to be really hard this time because of who I am facing and the fact that I may not be ready enough for this match.”

Unconsciously, Sam’s left hand moves to her right arm and slowly begins to rub against the shoulder.  The doctor takes note of it and leans towards Sam.  “Is that a self soothing action Sam?  Are you worried about something?” demands the doctor.

“Old injury that flares up from time to time,” replies Sam without thinking about it.  “Still get twinges now and again.”  Still unconsciously rubbing against it, she moves along the floor towards another picture, this one of Sam in wrestling gear holding up a title belt.  The replica of the belt is folded on a shelf under it.  Sam takes the hand that had been caressing her shoulder to lightly rub a finger against the faceplate before moving on.

The doctor follows behind her and looks over the pictures along the hallway the pair are walking in.  “So Sam, why did you ask me here?”

“To Escape?” asks Sam.

“Escape?  What are you talking about?” answers the doctor.

“This is my Escape,” says Sam with a smile.  “Daddy and I opened this community center when I moved here to Vegas.  I finally paid him back and now it is all mine.  It’s open for people that are into the arts…drama, music you know.  Sometimes I have a class on Shakespeare for the teens when I have time.  But mostly it is where I feel the most comfortable outside of my home and a wrestling ring.”

The doctor looks around as she nods to the comments from Sam.  She is about to say something when the sound of cowboy boots is heard on the floor which draws the attention of the pair towards the door that opens to reveal Colton Myers who walks into the room.  Doctor Evans turns to Sam, her eyes wide.  “You didn’t tell me you were dating Archie Andrews!”

Sam shoots the doctor a look then doubles over slightly as she laughs at the reaction.  Colton’s eyebrow raises but he cracks a smile.  “I ain’t Archie ma’am,” he drawls.  “I just play him on television sorta.”

“Oh Doctor, Camo here is the stunt double for the guy that plays Archie.  But let me introduce you.  Doctor Evans, this is Colton Myers…Camo, Doctor Evans,” says Sam as she moves to his side and slips her hand through his crooked arm.  He holds out his other hand to the doctor who shakes it. 

“Well it is nice to meet ya,” he offers before turning to Sam.  “I hate to break up this session but Pussy called and said that you were meeting her for an interview about your match this week at the supercard darlin’ and you don’t wanna be late,” he says slowly.

“Oh gosh I forgot!” exclaims Sam who bites at her bottom lip.  “Can we finish up here Doctor?”

The doctor nods with her own smile.  “Of course, work does call doesn’t it Sam?” offers the doctor.  “Same time next week?”

“Y’all are on,” offers Sam with a smile.  The trio begin walking out of the room as the scene fades out.

[color=8fe0f7]If truth be told I am coming into High Stakes ten with confidence.  I mean I should know better but a great Internet champion told me that I need to have confidence in myself stepping into that ring at the supercard and so I do.  Because if I didn’t then I would not be the competition that I need to be.  And I would be letting myself down.  Believe me I know how that sounds and I have done that so many times lately that I just can’t let myself get into that mindset especially if I want to start my way into title matches again.  And that is definitely something that I want to do and so I am looking towards this match at High Stakes with the lens of winning it.  I am not going to let myself lose willingly. 

I have to be honest though considering who I am facing.  Courtney Pierce is one heck of a bombshell and as a member of the Black Sheep, she has a reputation of being a winner even if she did lose to Evie Jordan.  And now she will be coming to face me with an agenda I am sure.  See I may not be the dominant champion that I have been in the past or the winningest bombshell lately but that is slowly changing to have me actually picking up some strong wins. 

My history has proven that when push comes to shove, I am able to step in the ring and deliver wins night after night.   I will admit that it feels really good to have my hand raised at the end of a match knowing that I was able to win against the caliber of bombshell that SCW is famous for.  And it is a bit addicting to keep winning.

But my history has also seen me on a losing streak for the longest time.  Each time making me want to give it up and stop wrestling.  But like winning is addicting, so too is the fact that being an SCW bombshell.  It is something that I have been for the last five years.  I have had high highs and low lows but nothing takes away from the fact that I have been here wrestling and loving every minute of it.

But this time, I am stepping in the ring with Courtney and I know for a fact that she is going to want to make a name for herself against me and I trust that she is going to do what she needs to for the win.  I also know that she would have gotten some notes from our last match and the fact that she beat me in the Blast from the Past tournament.  And more than likely she could have gone to Mikah her teammate in the Black Sheep and got the goods on how I am in a one on one match. 

And as much as I think that I am confident enough to win this match I know for a fact that nothing is ever certain in this business.  I may get in the ring with Courtney and fight hard enough to pull out the win or I could step in there and totally drop the ball and take the “L” but regardless of what happens in the ring, nothing is going to stop me from giving my all.

Courtney, I know that I ain’t been talking too much when it comes to promoting this match and I know that you probably will be able to claim that I ain’t going to win.  I tend to not do my talking outside of the ring.  Which means that I do it all in the ring and this Sunday at High Stakes, you are going to be gettin’ a Sam Marlowe that is coming for the win and there ain’t going to be nothing you can do but take it. 

I am going to give you mad props Courtney, you do have a win over me but that was in a tag match.  This week it is one on one and between you and me, that might just make all the difference.  After all, I really ain’t a tag wrestler, I am more of a lone wolf in that ring and that means I am more dangerous on my own.  I hope you are prepared for it.

Because I know I am.[/color]