Author Topic: Getting To Know You  (Read 657 times)

Offline Seleana Zdunich

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • Seleana Zdunich
Getting To Know You
« on: November 06, 2020, 11:20:26 PM »
Off-Camera

Friday, November 6, 2020
Home of Crystal & Seleana Zdunich
Los Angeles, California
10:11 AM  PST

The flight home this week was even trickier than the previous one as both Crystal and Seleana Zdunich had been assaulted in the hallway by former friends of the family. A group calling itself Simply Glamorous being run by two women in Allison Sullivan and Sarah Richardson that used to call Crystal a friend. In fact, Sarah had once called her more than that and this was the entire reasoning behind the attack. The two along with their third member, Mercedes White, had first rendered Crystal unconscious and then battered Seleana three on one while Sarah monologued like a super villain.

It had also been revealed while the track went on that Simply Glam, specifically Sarah, had been responsible for the drugging of Seleana the previous month.

The drugging had set off Seleana to delusionally attack Diamond Caldwell for no reason, a move Simply Glamorous had hoped would cause bigger problems than it had between Selean and her wife. They had hoped that Diamond, a close friend of Crystal’s, would be the wedge that could be driven between wives and cause Crystal’s life to spiral into the abyss Sarah believed it belonged to be in.

Now, several hours later, Crystal and Seleana had made it home with the help of new champion, Diamond Caldwell, their daughter-in-law, Haylie Jo “Halo” Annis, and daughter, Diamond’s fellow current champion, Brittany Williams. As Seleana sits down on the couch in the main room of the house, she frowns at the door.

Seleana Zdunich: I should work out, I have a match on Sunday. I’m not keen to go in underprepared.

Diamond shakes her head.

Diamond Caldwell: You should not be moving much, you just got jacked bad in that hallway.

Halo nods her agreement.

Halo: Miss Diamond’s right, Mama Sel. Y’all ain’t gonna be keen for nothin’ if walk into that match on Sunday still reelin’ in your head because you was stupid about this now! Workin’ out can wait! 

Brittany crosses her arms.

Brittany Williams: Besides, that was all such bullshit! I shouldn’t have to share anything!

Seleana almost laughs.

Seleana Zdunich: Leave it to B-Brat…

Halo laughs as well.

Halo: Babe, you should see about settin’ up y’all’s MMOs. You know how y’all like to blow off steam griefin’ griefers in GTA! Y’all should do that for a while, you and Mama Chrys.

Crystal nods her agreement.

Crystal Zdunich: Yeah, come on, we’ll set that up. Seleana likes to watch us so that’ll keep everyone from doing too much right now!

A few minutes later, the four of them are all set up at their respective machines, playing away, while Seleana notices her phone chiming at her. She picks it up and nods as she answers the call.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja?

Her sister, Zenna, quickly greets her.

Zenna Zdunich: Did you make it home?

Seleana nods, noticing a speaker phone function in use.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja, you?

Zenna Zdunich: Ja, Jenni and Kelly are here as well as Jackson, Li, Lis and Maja. Matty will be here soon.

Seleana smirks.

Seleana Zdunich: Having a family reunion without me, ja?

Laughter answers her back.

Zenna Zdunich: Everyone was worried and wanted to call but we felt your phone did not need to go off eight times in an hour simply because we could not all hear the first answer given.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: I am sitting on our couch watching four playing GTA Online together. They are… griefing griefers… as they say…

More laughter meets her ears.

Zenna Zdunich: Are they good at it?

Seleana shrugs.

Seleana Zdunich: They are keen to deal in punishment. It is enjoyable…

Zenna snickers.

Zenna Zdunich: So, they just wait for some jävla idiot to come along and then they team up on said idiot?

Seleana nods happily.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja! Christina and Brittany compete for who can kill them quickest.

Another voice answers back.

Alissa Lacroix: Who usually wins?

Seleana’s smirk grows.

Seleana Zdunich: Halo.

Laughter answers back again.

Alissa Lacroix: Was she even in the bet for it?

Seleana shakes her head.

Seleana Zdunich: No… she was not…

Zenna Zdunich: Is that why she wins? 

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: Ja. Brittany and Christina tend to try too hard and get in each other’s way.

Zenna Zdunich: Sounds about right.

Alissa Lacroix: You mean they don’t talk shit to each other?

Seleana smiles lovingly.

Seleana Zdunich: Almost constantly.

A pause comes over the other end.

Zenna Zdunich: You sound like you enjoy that almost as much as them actually playing.

Seleana watches the four playing before her and then nods knowingly.

Seleana Zdunich: It is the truth of things, ja.

Alissa Lacroix: And Halo don’t talk back?

Seleana starts to chuckle.

Seleana Zdunich: She is usually too busy cursing at those on the screen. Diamond might if she ends up playing more with them, I do not know if she was really keen for this or not.

Yet another voice joins the chorus on the other end.

Jenni Taylor: But she’s having a go, yeah?

Seleana nods, visibly touched by what she sees.

Seleana Zdunich: She is, ja…

She watches as the four get into it on one particular griefer.

Seleana Zdunich: This has been fun.

Zenna Zdunich: As long as you have someone to help you out.

Seleana nods.

Seleana Zdunich: I think Brit and Halo will spend the night. Diamond stays nearby.

Zenna Zdunich: Ah, good. We were worried about you. We love you, Sarabi.

Seleana smiles.

Seleana Zdunich: I love you.

The call ends and she watches the four take one other player down ten times in a row before the player direct messages Crystal to beg for mercy. As they laugh at this, Seleana’s phone chimes again, this time for a text message from Aurora back in Las Vegas.

“Are you still coming tomorrow?”

Seleana nods before answering.

“Yes we are.”

She barely has time to look up before an answer comes.   

“Are you sure? I saw what happened in WWR.”

Seleana bows her head and nods again before typing back an answer.

“We would not miss time with you for the world, Mija. We love you.”

Again, the answer comes back quickly.

“I love you too! I can’t wait to see you tomorrow!”

Exhaling happily, Seleana quickly answers.

“Ja, I’m keen as well. See you tomorrow, Mija.”

She sets the phone down and relaxes, slowly drifting off to sleep as the others enjoy themselves in the video game.

On-Camera

Saturday November 7, 2020
Parking Lot
Apartment of Christina and Seleana Zdunich
Las Vegas, Nevada
3:51 PM  PST

The camera opens upon Seleana Zdunich standing in the parking lot area of her apartment in Las Vegas, shaking her head in disgust.

Seleana Zdunich: Bea Barnhart…

Seleana pauses, shaking her head to herself.

Seleana Zdunich: I must admit, I have not paid you the proper attention in the past and I could never decide just why. Every time your name came up to me, I simply glanced beyond it because it was never set opposite mine. Early on, I decided this was a mistake and started to watch and yet, there was always something about you...

She turns to look back at the Strip.

Seleana Zdunich: I heard you had wins, and I watched to see the talent and then imagine my surprise when I go to see what other information there is on you and I find... 

She shakes her head again.

Seleana Zdunich: Nothing…

Turning to face the camera, Seleana simply shakes her head yet again.

Seleana Zdunich: Like you erased it from the company database meaning to update or replace it with better sounding language later and never got around to it.

Seleana looks to the ground, seemingly ready to shake her head dismissively again.

Seleana Zdunich: Nothing… at… all…

She grits her teeth in anger.

Seleana Zdunich: Nothing...

She looks back up, nodding to herself. 

Seleana Zdunich: Somehow, that manages to tell me more than having a properly filled-out sheet could ever do. Those are but numbers and words on a page with no real depth or context but having a  blank page...

Her head cocks to the right but her expression hardens.

Seleana Zdunich: So, you have no respect for anyone else in the company d yet expect others to give it to you unbidden because…

She shrugs, her head moving to a more upright posture in order to beg a question from the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: You exist?

Seleana starts to turn away but stops herself and glares into the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: If there is one thing I have learned since my arrival here in SCW it is that you receive the respect you earn based on how you conduct yourself. Eventually, it comes to you in some form, either in terms of the way people talk about you as the Wolfslair has spoken about me or in the way some attack you because you are either useful to them or a threat to their position, the way Jessie Salco and Andrea Hernandez have both gone about things with me.

She looks at her hand to run down an invisible list.

Seleana Zdunich: Roxi, Keira, Maki, I have been paid compliments by some of the best in the sport and I have earned every one ever given out to me either because I stepped into the ring and took the beating from someone like Johanna Krieger or I kept coming abc for more against someone like Alicia Lukas regardless of what others said or did. But, that’s not you, is it, Bea?

Seleana shakes her head in response to her own question.

Seleana Zdunich: No, you think because you walk in the door, you are entitled to something and it should be bestowed upon you immediately because you are the Great Bea Barnhart and you deserve it for breathing! 

Seleana’s glare turns even more heated as she looks back up to the camera.

Seleana Zdunich: Where I stand, I see nothing of the sort! You deserve exactly what you have given the rest of us! You deserve exactly what it says in your company profile.

Her glare somehow manages to get even more hardened.

Seleana Zdunich: Nothing.

Her right index finger extend and Seleana stabs it violently through the air to point at the ground emphatically

Seleana Zdunich: Your talent means this is beneath you and you should get off ass and refill it immediately! Your talent deserves better than the no respect you have shown it yourself and until you do, no one else should show you any either!

She points at the ground again.

Seleana Zdunich: I am coming to that ring at Climax Control to show you exactly what that respect looks like! I am coming to the ring to show you the way!

Stepping back, her hand moves back to a more natural position at her side.

Seleana Zdunich: And we’ll see if you are still left with nothing in the end!

Shaking her head, Seleana turns her back and starts to walk away.

Seleana Zdunich: I am so keen for this...