Author Topic: The Holt Chronicles: Prologue  (Read 581 times)

Offline Shane Hawthorne

• Five Feet of Crazy
    • View Profile
    • Violet Amelia Holt
The Holt Chronicles: Prologue
« on: November 06, 2020, 06:59:58 PM »

Viewer discretion is advised.

Off Camera

“There is nothing good on television,” Violet voices as she scrolls through the channels on her television. The level of boredom was starting to rise as the rain was coming down harder. “This fucking sucks,” she says to herself while trying very hard to find something interesting to watch. “I can’t wait till this year is fucking over with,” she continues to voice her disdain for being cooped up inside her apartment. She is just about to put on one random movie when her phone starts going off. “Jesus! Why in the hell did I pick that as my ringtone?” she questions herself while reaching over the armrest to snatch up her cell phone. She looks at her screen while scrunching her eyebrows at the number. “What the hell?” she questions while debating whether or not if she wants to answer.

Violet decides to decline the call as she places the phone down onto her leg. She continues searching the channel when her phone goes off once again. “God damnit, why can’t people take fucking hint?” she says to herself while declining the call once again. Her eyes look up toward the television screen. Her finger continues to push down on the television remote when a shadow of a man appears outside Violet’s door. She doesn’t notice the shadow at first until a loud noise comes from outside of the door. “Now what!” she exclaims while rising up off her couch and moving across the hardwood floor. She opens the door just a little as her dad steps over the threshold. “Daddy, what are you doing here?” she asks, a little confused.

Dustin James Holt doesn’t stop in the living as he moves into Violet’s bedroom. “Daddy, why are you here?” she continues to ask him as he has yet to answer her. “Where is your overnight bag?” he asks her. “It’s next to my bed. Why?” she continues to question her father’s actions. As he continues to move around the room like someone possessed, the scene flips to an undisclosed location where a middle aged woman with jet black hair stands next to a younger woman with auburn red hair with freckles all over her face. “Have we located that son of a bitch yet?” she asks her people as she looks at a wall of screens with hundreds of technical savvy individuals. “No, ma’am,” one of them says with a little confidence. The woman growls as she looks at the young woman standing next to her. “God, what must I do to find that bastard?” she snarls.

The young woman shrugs her shoulders as the scene flips back to Violet’s bedroom where her father is packing another bag for her to take. “Dad, are you going to answer me?” she asks him. “Violet, I don’t have time to explain but you need to get out of here,” he warns her while picking both of her bags up. “What are you talking about dad?” Violet asks, still confused. “Just trust me,” is all he says while walking her towards her door. “Where in the hell am I supposed to go?” she asks him. Dustin doesn’t answer her right away. He hears the sound of her phone. “I swear to God, whomever is calling me just won’t take the hint,” she says as her father walks over and picks the phone up in his hand. “Whose number is this?” Dustin asks while looking at Violet with a curious look on her face.

“I don’t know. I was just trying to find something to watch on television when my phone just started going off,” she answers him. Dustin takes a picture of the cell phone number and taps his fingers on his phone screen. A few seconds later he looks up at his daughter, “you need to get out of here now.” Violet looks extremely confused. “You still haven’t told me why?” she asks him again. “No time to explain,” he vaguely says while lifting Violet’s phone high into the air. “What the fuck are you doing with my phone?” she asks him. Dustin doesn’t say another word as he slams the phone down onto the floor. The phone shatters as Violet’s eyes widen. “Come, you have a plane to catch,” he finally says as Violet is still in shock over watching her father break her phone.

Meanwhile, the middle aged woman is snarling even more as she continues to ask her geek squad if they had found Agent Python. “Why are all of you so incompetent?” she asks them. “Why is this so important Madam Vance?” the young woman responds with a question of her own. “Agent Python nearly cost me everything. I was the biggest crime boss in Bosnia while leading those dorks on a wild goose chase. That was until Agent Python caught on to me. He killed the man I loved. I vowed vengeance,” Vance says in a fit of rage. The young woman cocks her head. “This man is the one responsible for killing my father,” the young woman responds. “Yes,” Vance says as the demeanor of the young woman changes. She turns toward a group of geeks. “You heard my mother, find this motherfucker now or you will pay the consequence,” she orders them. The geeks respond with haste as the two women watch the monitors with looks of disdain covering their faces.

“Daddy, where are you taking me?” Violet asks Dustin as they have been driving down US-41 for what seems to be for hours. “Violet, you keep asking a lot of questions and I promise you they will get answered in due time,” he tells her as he turns off the highway onto a darkened path. He pulls out his cell phone and makes a quick phone call. They come up to an aluminum gate as Dustin continues to talk on the phone. As soon as he hangs up the phone, the gate opens as Dustin pulls through it. The gate closes right behind them as Violet looks at her father with confusion racking her facial features. “Where are we?” she asks him while trying to find a landmark. Dustin doesn’t answer right away as he stops the vehicle out front of a building. Three men dressed in bulletproof vests and strapped with all sorts of weapons step out of the building.

“Agent Python,” one of the men announces as Violet raises one of her eyebrows. “Did you get my message?” Dustin asks them as he opens the rear driver side door and pulls out a large duffel bag. Violet grabs her bags as the men look at her. “Yes, we got the message. Link has been trying to trace the number but she is having no luck,” the other man said as Dustin stands at the bottom of the steps. Violet is still trying to wrap her head around the fact that her father lives a double life. “What in the hell is going on right now?” she asks while dropping her bags onto the ground. “Violet, welcome to Black Ops,” her father says as he enters the small building. Violet shakes her head while crossing her arms. “What the holy fuck?” she questions while not moving an inch.

“I see she has her mother’s attitude,” one man mentions to Dustin as Violet looks at her father. “You have no idea,” he responds while placing his bag on the table before turning back towards the door. “Vi, will you please come inside?” he asks her politely. Violet shakes her head while the men are laughing. “I’m not going anywhere until you tell me what the hell is going on and who these men are?” she demands while keeping her arms crossed in front of her chest. Dustin sighs softly while leaning against the wall. “This is a Black Ops unit that is attached to the government. We go into countries that our main agencies can’t go into without going through the proper channels. I am the commanding officer. My code name is Agent Python. The man on my right is Agent Cardinal. The man on my left is Agent Vyper. The man standing on the ground is Agent Hamlet. We believe Viola Vance has resurfaced,” he says as Violet looks at him. “Viola?” questions Violet as she takes a step towards the building. “Viola Vance, the former crime lord in Bosnia, is a former double agent who led some of our men into an ambush. Your father took great exception to that as he led a counter strike which resulted in the death of her first husband,” Agent Hamlet replies as he picks up Violet’s bags. Violet walks up the steps and enters the building.

She takes one step inside the building and her jaw drops. “My God!” she simply exclaims as her father stands next to her. “Now you know what I have been doing in between my wrestling career. I only ask that you don’t tell Shelby or Gory about any of this,” Dustin demands her. Violet keeps her eyes geared toward the row of monitors as she nods her head. “I still don’t understand what this has to do with me,” she says while taking small steps toward the center of the room. “We believe you are the key to finally putting this nut job behind bars once and for all,” her father answers as Violet’s eyes widen even further.

On Camera

Several hours had passed as Violet was walking around the perimeter of the building. She is still trying to wrap her brain around the stuff her father was telling her. Violet takes a few minutes to collect her thoughts while thinking back on the Halloween episode of Climax Control.

”The last time Samantha Marlowe and myself competed against each other. She came away with a win after I foolishly went for a high risk maneuver. I’m not trying to make any excuses. Samantha did well on that night after I spent most of that match kicking the living dogshit out of her. I know she has been having issues with confidence and it’s pretty fucking pathetic if you were to ask me. I mean seriously. How can someone who is proclaimed to be the greatest female wrestler have confidence issues?

Is tied up with your injury problems? Is it due to your inability to become the Bombshell Internet Championship? The fact that you have been on quite the winning streak should increase your confidence. Unfortunately, you are not in the ring with some idiot. I am looking to right a wrong that you had done to me in our last encounter. I am going to do everything within my power to demolish your confidence and self worth.

Violet slowly takes a minute to catch her breath.

”I don’t understand why everyone is so concerned with your confidence levels anyway Samantha. What makes you so special? Aren’t my confidence levels worth a damn? Or is it just because you need the validation of everyone around you? The fact that you were so quick to announce yourself back into the bombshell roulette division and then say you should be next line for a title shot is absurd. I held that title for two weeks but I was never pinned during my only defense.

Why must everyone jump in line? Samantha Marlowe has no idea what awaits her this Sunday. I am not the same Violet that you faced before. I am going to target all of the areas that are considered to be the weak points of your body. Let’s see, I could damage your ribs even further. I could make it feel like your ankle is in a vice. I could slam your head multiple times into the top turnbuckle while enjoying every second of it.

You see Samantha. My confidence is rising each time I step inside that ring. I know that my abilities are far more superior than yours. The nightmare that you have been seeing while talking to that lame psychiatrist will come to life. This Sunday, little miss Sunshine will turn into princess doom and gloom.

Violet continues to walk around the building as she looks up at the moon.

”It’s time for the Five feet of Crazy to crush you. Victory will be the only thing on my mind. Your time is up. My time is now. Climax Control will be the night my record continues to improve while I ruin Samantha Marlowe once and for all. I’m not afraid to lose but winning is my only option.”
« Last Edit: November 06, 2020, 07:03:10 PM by Violet Amelia Holt »