Author Topic: Halloween Hijinx!  (Read 551 times)

Offline Candy

• View Profile
    • Candy
Halloween Hijinx!
« on: October 30, 2020, 11:58:42 PM »
Scene One: Pick Your… Poison???

Where: Candy’s living room, Las Vegas, NV
When: Shortly after CC283, 10/25/2020.

**The scene fades in to show Candy, still in her Keira costume, sitting on the floor going through all the candy she got while Trick or Treating in the back that night. She was so excited as she sorted through her pile. She actually got more candy than she thought she was going to get. Fluffy and Hero, still in their unicorn and pumpkin costumes, come rushing in the room and stand next to Candy and begin barking at her, as if trying to get her attention.**

CANDY: No, silly puppies, you can’t have candy. Candy is bad for puppies.

**Fluffy sits down and tilts her head. Hero plops to the ground and starts struggling with his costume, as if trying to rip it off. Candy chuckles a little as she helps the growing pooch out of his costume. He seems so excited that as soon as Candy sits the costume on the floor, he grabs it in his mouth and begins chewing on it, like a toy.**

CANDY: I know I know, you didn’t really like wearing that. But it’s ok because you looked SUPER DUPER CUTE!!!

**Hero sat down and looked at Candy, tilting his head. He let out a low growl as he continued to use his costume as a chew toy. Candy chuckled. Fluffy, on the other hand, was just sitting quietly in her costume, happy to wear it.**

CANDY: You’ll learn to love getting dressed up, Hero. We wear costumes and stuff all the time! It’s all part of the fun!

**She patted Hero on the head, and scratched behind Fluffy’s ear, before she started to put her candy back in her bag. After it’s all picked up, she stands up and puts the bag up on the table, hopefully out of the dynamic duo’s reach. She goes into the bathroom and takes off her wig, letting her naturally brown and wavy hair hall across her shoulders. She smiled as she brushed her hair, looking in the mirror.**

CANDY: I know you gotta act all strong and tough and brave, and act like Mercedes words didn’t bother you. That you weren’t upset at her telling you not to choke in your match, then you did. Now, Candy, I know normally you don’t let things like that bother you. But… Mercedes might be right? You really haven’t done anything big in SCW since you lost your title in June. You had a Mixed Tag Team title shot, and you blew it for you and your partner. You weren’t even good enough to get a rematch for the belt you defended for like 5 months.

**She put the brush down and looked sadly into the mirror.**

CANDY: You got attacked. Alot. You were a vessel for the sin Greed. You’ve been in SCW for a year as of next week… and you are on this big ole losing streak.

**She sniffs a little, a tear forming in her eye that started to go down her cheek. She reached up and wiped it away. She puts both hands on the counter and leans forward, putting a serious face on.**

CANDY: But you know what you HAVE done in this last year? You did what no one thought you could, and you beat Sam Marlowe to win the SCW Bombshell Roulette Title! You defended it in the most insane matches you have ever been in for 5 months! You made some AMAZING friends in Keira and Roxi! You made a new bestie in Malachi, and he doesn’t like ANYONE! You stood up to your meanie head parents who didn’t support you being a wrestler! You made yourself a big name in SCW! Never backing down from a challenge! You stood toe to toe with the evil demon Sin… and you won… sort of?! You became more than a sidekick or honorary member of Team Hero… you are a true member! Who else can say they did all that stuff! So don’t you even start talking all that bad stuff! There’s enough bad in the world this year!!! YOU HEAR ME!?!?!

**She pounded her fists down on the counter, which caught the attention of her husband, Marcus Cage. He walks in the room and stands in the doorway, looking at her.**

MARCUS: You ok?

CANDY: Yeah. I had to give myself a pep talk.

MARCUS: You feeling better now?

CANDY: Yeah! I was feeling kind of bad for myself after what Mercedes said this week, and then losing my match. I was feeling kind of sad and scared about going against Amber next week. I was thinking what if I failed… again… And what if Roxi and Keira didn’t want a loser like me in Team Hero.

MARCUS: And you know how insane that sounds… right?

CANDY: I do now.

MARCUS: And you figured that all out on your own, right?

**She smiled softly**

CANDY: Yeah, I did. And then I was thinking about everything that has happened this past year in SCW. It’s been a year since I debuted, ya know.

MARCUS: Has it, already?

CANDY: Yeah! I cheered myself up real good!

MARCUS: Good. Now you go ahead and get changed out of your costume, and tomorrow we can get some time in the practice ring, make sure you are in tip top shape for your match against Amber in the “Pick Your Poison” thing.

CANDY: I don’t like calling it “Pick Your Poison” that makes it sound like really really mean and yucky. Like, who picks poison? Why couldn’t it be like… Pick Your Treat? Or something nicer?

MARCUS: That’s just what they call it. They call it Pick Your Poison because you could pick the toughest person in the company for your opponent to face. But… they could do the exact same thing back and make you face some one just as tough. Usually, it’s done to try and soften up your opponent before a big match. Why would you pick some one for them that isn’t going to be a challenge? I assume that’s why you picked Roxi to go against Mercedes, right?

CANDY: Yeah! Cuz Roxi is one of my besties and I know she will give Mercedes a tough match and she won’t let me down!

MARCUS: Exactly. And that’s why she picked Amber to go against you. She knows that you like a challenge, and wanted to give you some one tough.

CANDY: But why call it “poison”?

MARCUS: Uh… because it sounds tough?

**Candy tilted her head and nodded**

CANDY: Ok, that makes sense. I’m gonna go change.

**She kissed him and headed out of the room. He shook his head a little as he followed, sending the scene to black**

Scene Two: Sugar Rush and Sugar Crash

Where: Candy and Marcus’s garage, their practice ring.
When: Monday, 10/26. Time unknown.

**The scene fades up in the garage owned by Marcus Cage and Candy, which contained their own practice ring. Marcus was standing in the ring across from Candy, his arms up, as she proceeded to practice kicks and punches to his arms as he coaches her.**

MARCUS: Good job. Another set.

**She smiled as she delivered a few more kicks, then a few punches. He nods, approvingly, as she begins to deliver the kicks and punches more rapidly.**

MARCUS: Ok, slow down, don’t wanna wear yourself out. Remember what I taught you about keeping the pace comfortable and not too fast?

CANDY: YEAH! I remember the Soap on a Rope!

**He squinted a bit before he realized what she meant**

MARCUS: You mean the “Rope-a-Dope”?

CANDY: That’s what I said!!!

**She was bouncing back and forth in place, her hands fidgeting a little bit, as she just couldn’t stay still.**

MARCUS: Candy? Are you ok?

**As she spoke, her words were fast… faster than normal… even for her…**

CANDY: Yeah, I’m fine. Why wouldn’t I be fine? I’m just practicing to be ready to fight Amber and then KICK KICK PUNCH PUNCH!!!!!

MARCUS: Candy…

CANDY: Yeah? What? I’m ok! I’m ready! LET’S GOOOOOO!!!!!!! WOOOOOO!!!!!!

**She starts bouncing in circles around him, and it becomes very obvious something is going on.**

MARCUS: Candy? You are worrying me a little bit. If you act like this in the ring against Amber, she is easily going to be able to take advantage when you get worn out.

CANDY: Worn out? Who gets worn out? NOT ME! I’m full of energy! WEEEEEE!!!!

**He looked concerned then looked outside the ring and saw sitting on the table, a rather large pile of candy wrappers. He shook his head.**

MARCUS: How much candy did you have today?

CANDY: Ohhhh not too much. They are all fun size, so they don’t really count!!!

**He shook his head.**

MARCUS: You are going to have a belly ache if you aren’t careful. Am I gonna have to hide the rest of the candy?

CANDY: Rest of?

**He facepalmed, realizing she probably ate ALL of it.**

MARCUS: Candy… did you eat ALL of the candy?

CANDY: Maybe… Let’s do this! I’m full of energy and I’m ready to practice and get in tip top shape to fight Amber! She’s a big name and really really really really good in the ring and I need to beat her! I can’t let Mercedes beat me in this Pick Your Poison thingy!

MARCUS: Look, I know you want to beat Amber. I know how much it means to you. But we have all week to help you prepare.

CANDY: Yeah, but right now I’m all hopped up on being ANGRY at Mercedes and ANGRY at Sin! I WANNA KICK THEIR BUTTS!!! HIIIIYAAAAA!!!

**She did a jumping kick and landed with a grin on her face.**

MARCUS: Ok, well, I think we need to take a little break. You need to calm down a little bit. I know how you get when you are like this. So I’m going to go get us each a bottle of water, and I’ll be right back, ok? You can run the ropes for a few minutes if you want, ok?

**She nodded and started running back and forth across the ring. He slid out of the ring and walked inside. While he was inside, she kept running the ropes, but each run got a little slower than the one before it. She continued to talk to herself.**

CANDY: GOTTA BE PERFECT! GOTTA WIN! CAN’T LOSE! CAN’T LET THE BAD GUYS WIN!

**She kept getting slower and slower on the rebound until she was just walking instead of running.**

CANDY: This is the first time I get to face Amber. I gotta win! It’s too important!

**She stopped in the middle of the ring and held her belly, letting out a slight moan. She slowly drops down to her knees, and then laying in the middle of the ring, arms still crossing her stomach. She lays her head down on the mat and instantly falls asleep. Marcus comes back into the garage and sees her sleeping in the middle of the ring and lets out a slight chuckle.**

MARCUS: Sugar buzzes always lead to a sugar crash…

**With that, the scene faded to black**

user posted image