Author Topic: New Start?  (Read 516 times)

Offline Evie Baang

• View Profile
    • Evie Baang
New Start?
« on: October 30, 2020, 11:47:29 PM »
It was normally a very spooky week, if you believed the hype that surrounds Halloween. However, since the annual Jordan’s Halloween couldn’t take place this year due to COVID-19, the Jordan’s were left with an unusually light social calendar, in effect causing the two to think out of the box of how they would celebrate this non-holiday tradition that the Brit and the Aussie were slowly warming up to.  How did the two decide to spend their Halloween together you ask? Well, they went camping of course.

And we all know how Ben feels about camping.

He usually didn’t care for it, however the moon was low, the winter chill was early for this time of year and the mist was rising over the lake earlier in the afternoons, it was a combination of all sorts of creepiness, what else could they ask for? It was the perfect setting to pitch a tent, roast marshmallows and end up on the five o’clock news in a double murder investigation. Ah and people say romance is dead, not in the Jordan household, the spark was very much alive. Ben had spent a good chunk of the morning setting up a canvas style glamping tent, while Evie had prepared some meals they could prepare over the open fire, in the beautiful isolated woodlands that neighboured their property. The tall oak trees that surrounded them added to their shelter. Ben had managed to light a fire, it flickered away over the course of the day as Bear had made his way over towards it, heating himself as he sat by the open flames. It was peaceful, and there were only 2 rules put in place over the weekend. 1 they couldn’t return to their house, only to use the bathroom and 2 no phones allowed.

The afternoon Evie had spent, nose deep inside her book, she was on the homeward stretch of wrapping up the Last Kingdom while Ben had been more active as rolled around with Bear trying to teach him to play dead. It was little family moments like these that Evie cherished the most, they didn’t have to be in each other’s pockets but they were still spending time together away from the glitz and glamour, away from the cameras and away from people’s expectations on them. After giving up on trying to convince Bear to roll over onto his back on cue, Ben made his way over towards Evie. He pushed his way behind her, so he could sit on the large log that was their chair for their camping adventure, gently pushing Evie forward before he brought her back in between his legs. Evie was sat on a folded up rug on the ground, her legs crossed over as she had a light blanket wrapped around her shoulders to shield her from the breeze, the fire was enough to keep her warm as the flames flickered and popped away in front of her. Evie felt her back press up against the log, as her shoulders were brought together by Ben’s legs as she gave her a slight squeeze. Leaning forward Ben rested his chin on the top of Evie’s head, looking down to read her book over her shoulder.

“Well look at that, they’re in a shield wall again.” Ben joked. “Vikings, so predictable.” He chuckled.

Evie rolled her eyes, but Ben didn’t miss her reaction as he brought his hands down onto her shoulders and started to roll his thumbs around in a circular motion. Massaging her, in the game of love and war, was a dirty tactic because Ben knew that Evie loved having her shoulders rubbed, hell she was a sucker for a back massage and obviously Ben was wanting her attention to be off Uhtred of Bebbanburg and on him. Evie collected her black feather bookmark and closed the book in place before she arched backward, so she could look up towards her husband.

“Feeling left out?” Evie smirked, wildly.

Ben bowed his neck down, to press his lips on to Evie’s forehead to kiss her before he pulled back smiling.

“Nah, old mate can’t complete with Ben of Bar Harbour.” He winked. “Master of the lake, champion of wrestling, drinker of fosters, thorough lover of Evies.” Ben followed with a smile.

Evie screwed her nose up, before she bit back towards her husband.

“Evies? And, how many of them do you know?” She questioned.

Ben quickly cleared his throat before he looked down into his wife’s eyes, he knew he would have to be crystal clear with his response. He knew Evie was toying with him, but she was a firecracker when it came to “sharing” him.

“Only the one, love… and she’s plenty enough for me.” His British charm was undeniable.

Evie twisted between his legs, so now she was up on her knees facing him, reaching up she placed her hands on each side of this face, guiding his face towards hers. The cool afternoon air made puffs of “smoke” seep between their lips as she closed the gap between them, resting her plump lips on his. In a swift movement Ben wrapped his arms around Evie as he stood up, he brought her up to her feet before he lifted her up, Evie’s legs instantly wrapped around his waist. One hand was on the small off her back, the other rested beneath her bottom as he moved away from the fire and towards the tanned canvas coloured tent. Ben smoothly made his way up the two steps, before he reached out with his left hand and pulled apart the mosquito netted door, the sound of the zipper riding down the slide had Evie’s heart racing. His goal was to gracefully enter the tent, close the netting up behind him whilst keeping Evie wrapped around him. Evie broke away from the kiss and felt Ben’s body rumble in her arms as he started to chuckle, the netting wouldn’t close correctly but he would be damned if that was going to ruin this moment.

“How’s big bad Ben of Bar Harbour going? Struggling with a bit of netting it seems?” Evie mocked him.

Ben’s left hand worked feverishly on the zipper as he brought it all the way back up closing it off before he looked up at his wife, he winked at her as if he wasn’t struggling, not even the slightest bit. This was the first time Evie was allowed inside the tent and once Ben had spun her around, Evie’s smart remark fell deaf as her bottom lip dropped, her mouth gaped open at the sight before her eyes. Ben put her down gently back on her feet, so Evie could take it all in. in the middle of the tent was a pallet bed, with a thick mattress that was covered in faux fur like blankets.

Fairy lights we draped from the ceiling, they were also wrapped around the posts that kept the tent standing up right. There was a metal bucket in the far right corner filled with ice, with bottles of wine, champagne and beers poking out of it beside it was a small esky that Evie could only assume was filled with the food that she had prepared for them to share earlier. To the left of the tent, there was a portable clothes rack, hanging from the coat hangers were their outfits for the next few days. Beneath it was a pile of books, board games, pens, paper activities that they could do to help them pass the time whilst camping, even if their house was only through the woods. By the time Evie had a chance to take it all in, she was spun back around to face Ben.

“I think Ben of Bar Harbour can take that gorgeous stunned look on your face as a win.” Ben smirked. “Now be a darling and put this on.” He ordered.

His right hand that was behind his back, was now back in front of him as he held out a small package towards Evie. Reaching over she took the small black box out of his hands, her right index and thumb made light work of the blood red ribbon that was holding the box closed. Evie dropped the ribbon on the floor, as she impatiently removed the top of the box. Evie’s emerald eyes grew wide at the sight that was in her hands, she pushed past the small scrunched up tissue paper in the box before she turned it upside down and shook it.

“There’s nothing in here.” Evie frowned. “Ohhhh” her frown turned to an embarrassed girly laugh.

Ben winked down towards her, proud of his gift giving efforts.

“Exactly… now… quickly…” Ben said impatiently. “We need to celebrate our latest acquisition.” He said with haste.

Evie put the box back together before she placed it back onto the floor and kicked it gently towards the side of the tent walls so they didn’t trip over it in the middle of the night. As she stood back up Evie looked back over her shoulder to see that Ben was already undressing and making a hastily b-line for the faux wolf fur covered bed.

“And what are we celebrating, a tent?” Evie questioned.

Ben sat down on the bed, tapping the vacant space beside him with an eager smile on his face.

“Nah love, well we can later if you would like?” Ben spoke with a cackle. “But, I figured you would rather celebrate the purchase of the Jersey house first.” The cheeky grin was alive on his face.

Evie’s jaw dropped as she rushed to stand up, she made her way over towards him in a hurry almost tripping over her own two feet to get there.

“You’re joking me?” Her Aussie slipped out. “You told me we couldn’t… I thought you said it would be a waste of money to own three houses?” Evie interrogated him.

Ben just fell onto his back, his hands coming up behind his head as he smiled smugly down at her. He was bare, the only thing he was wearing was a smile. Evie took a seat on the side of the bed, looking down at her husband who had a lotto winning grin on his face

“I said it would be foolish to purchase a house we had never seen before, but I have my ways… Jimmy back home took a look for us and well, he said he would snap it up if we didn’t. I put the offer in yesterday, it was accepted this morning… we’ll get the keys this time next month… hopefully by then we can take a trip across the pond, visit the family, hunt down some wedding venues and spend a week or so in the new house.” Ben beamed proudly. “Now, since you’ve got all the information… be a darling and do what you were told.” Ben replied.

Ben winked at her, and Evie was quick to do as she was instructed. A grateful smile was on her face as she tried to part her lips to say thankful but Ben reached up and pressed his right index finger over her lips to silence her.

“I’ve also taken the liberty of purchasing you some stocks in knee pads, so enjoy those” Ben smirked once again.

This was a side of Ben the Sin City Wrestling universe didn’t get to see, Ben was flirty and playful at home more so than at work. He also enjoyed talking filth to his wife as he knew it kept Evie on her toes. She never knew what to expect from him at times. Once Evie was undressed, Ben wrapped the large thick blanket around her shoulders he knew it was chilly and the last thing he wanted was for either of them to catch a cold before Sunday’s night Climax Control. Once she was surrounded by the fur, he pulled Evie down on top of him but only briefly before switching positions so he was now laying on top of his wife. The covers surrounding them. Looking into her eyes Ben smiled towards her, a rush coming over his body as he couldn’t help but beam at the shocked but appreciative look that was glowing from his wife’s features. Reaching up with his left hand he pushed some stray strand of hair out of her eyes and tucked them behind her ears, before lowering his head towards her to take his wife into a warm loving embrace. As the two started to tangle in the sheets, heated passion filled with kisses Evie could have sworn she heard her name being called out. Just as Ben was going to take control, she backed away from the kiss to listen out.

“Can you hear that?” Evie was concerned.

Ben just ignored it, shrugging his shoulders as he lowered his head back down towards her, he had grand plans for tonight and he didn’t want them interrupted. Evie shook it off and returned the favour as she pressed her lips back to Ben’s but a few more moments passed and Evie could hear her name being called once more, followed by a rattling sound. Evie pulled away from Ben once more, sending the Cockney king wild.

“You watch one episode of supernatural and you get all jumpy.” He mocked her.

The rattling turned into banging, that was followed up by a deep rumbling growl from Bear.

“Someone’s out there.” Evie questioned.

“You’re hearing things love.” Ben replied.

He was eager to get back to work, this time he parted her legs under the sheet and went to duck his head under the covers before a loud scream of Evie’s name stole both of their attention.

“Ohforfucksake.” Ben mumbled under his breath.

“Come again?” Evie questioned.

It was unlike Ben to swear, but he had obviously been looking forward to his special evening activities he had planned, especially after surprising Evie with a tent and a new house.

“I would, but I didn’t get to the first time.” Ben growled, painfully.

Ben rolled off Evie, he knew they both had to get up and investigate the commotion outside and plus he could feel the sting from Evie’s side eye almost as if she was grating his skin.

##

Evie and Ben had rushed to put some clothes back on before they made their way through the forest and back over towards their house. That’s where they both laid eyes on Ayla who was frantically slapping at their back door, trying to get their attention. The closer the two got to their house, the more they could see of Ayla. She was covered in bruises, blisters, scratches and dry blood stuck to her skin. Evie turned to Ben and with a look of horror she sped off leaving him a few steps behind as she rushed over towards her sister.

The pained look on Ben’s face said it all, his night of passion was now going to take a back seat to a night of Evie and Ayla drama.

“Evie... EVIE... I know you’re in there! Please, EVIE PLEASE OPEN UP... OPEN UP” Ayla screeched at the top of her lungs.

Ayla hadn’t noticed Ben and Evie were right behind her, she just continued to rattle on their back glass food, slapping her open palms against it while howling as tears streamed down her face, like waterfalls. Evie made her way up towards Ayla, when Ayla finally caught her sisters reflection in the glass.

“Ayla, what the fuck?” Evie started. “What the fuck happened to you?” She demanded answers.

Evie looked Ayla up and down, as Ben did the same. She looked as if she had been to hell and back, but Ayla just quickly tried to cover up her bruises, she didn’t want Evie to see them. Ayla took a few steps towards her sister, thankful to see her even if they weren’t close she needed her now more than ever.

“EVIE... I need you... I need you to help me... they have her, they have my daughter.” Ayla shouted, painfully.

Ayla was shaking as she spoke, Ben looked around the deck but couldn’t find anything so he slipped his jacket off his bare shoulders and held it out towards Ayla. She took the coat and wrapped it around her, trying to get some warmth back in her body. Ben moved behind Evie, and pulled her into his chest at least the body heat his wife was producing would be enough to keep him warm through this exchange. It also kept her in arms range, because deep down Ben couldn’t guarantee that Evie wouldn’t try and start something with their unwelcome guest.

“What the fuck are you talking about?” Evie snarled. “Since when did you have a fucking daughter?” She followed.

Evie felt Ben’s arms wrap around her waist, as if to leash her from launching towards her sister. Ayla knew that Evie couldn’t have children and if she was using this for her next joke, she had another thing coming.

“You said you would help me, you said you would be here when I need you and I need you... she needs you... we need you.” Ayla bawled.

Ayla brought her hands up to her face wiping away her tears as she tried to hide her emotions but it was no use, she was a mess.

“You’re not making any sense.” Evie barked back. “What the hell happened to your face?” She questioned.

As Ayla’s hands moved from her eyes, Evie could see scratches that had been highlighted from the redness from Ayla’s tears. As much as she wanted to rip her to pieces, a part of her felt protective of her younger half-sister. Ben held onto Evie tightly, hoping she would calm down.

“Evie please.” Ayla sighed. “I need you to help me.” She whispered, almost breathlessly.

Ayla stepped towards Evie, her hands outstretched as if she wanted to touch her but Evie took a step back, she didn’t trust Ayla not for a moment, not after everything she had done recently.

“What’s going on?” Evie asked again.

Evie tried to wiggle free from Ben’s grip, but the Cockney King just applied a little more pressure. She tilted her head to look up towards her husband, but Ben was too focused on Ayla’s voice to notice the daggers that were being shot in his direction.

“My mother, my mother did this to me and now she has my daughter...” Ayla squeaked.

Ayla’s hands reached out to touch Evie’s and once Ben felt Evie’s body recoil under her touch, he wisely stepped around his wife putting his body slightly between both females.

“This doesn’t make any sense. Why would your mother have your daughter?” Evie shrugged.

Evie didn’t step up to her sister, in fact she spun on her heels and walked away from her. Heading over towards one of the sun lounges that we’re placed on her deck to over look the beautiful lake. Ben followed suit as he took a seat on the closest one, next to Evie before Ayla rushed over to look down at them.

“She’s the one that told me to come here and demand sixty million from you... she’s the one who set this all up, you have to believe me Evie. I wanted nothing to do with this, I never wanted to blackmail you, I never wanted to hurt you. I was enjoying my quiet life, but she found me again.” Ayla sighed heavily.

She dropped down, falling onto the sun chair across from Evie’s but never once did she shift eye contact. Ayla wanted her sister to see that she was serious about this. Evie was trying to read her sister, to see if she was showing any signs of this being another lie.

“My mother only cares about one thing and that’s money, our father’s money...” Ayla huffed.

Ayla had tears streaming down her face, tears that Evie ignored as she looked towards her with gritted teeth, she wasn’t amused by any of this.

“And what makes her think there is still cash out there?” Evie smiled wildly. “You can run back to her and tell your mum all of his accounts have already been cleared... when daddy dearest made some well over due contributions to charity.” She spoke freely.

Evie rocked forward on the chair to drive her point home, but Ayla didn’t let Evie’s intimidating state rock her. She had more important people to think about, well person that being her daughter.

“That’s the thing Evie, I tried to run back to her and look at me... she did this to me.” Ayla shouted.

Evie wasn’t amused as she scoffed at her sister, Evie knew Ayla’s mother she was the nurse that cared for her every time she came back from a mission. She was the sweet lady that held her for days after her father forced the choice to have children away from her, there was no way that Evie was buying this story.

“So, you’re trying to tell me that your sweet kind mother, who was nothing but gentle to me growing up... is a monster?” Evie rolled her eyes. “Try again.” She groaned, disappointed.

Evie had checked out of this sob story and Ben could tell from the way she was acting. Her attention had shifted from her sister down to her nails, as if to mock Ayla’s claims.

“Kind? Gentle?” Ayla snarled. “You sure have a delusional opinion of the woman who single handedly destroyed your life.” She growled.

Ayla lashed out, her words sounded more like venom then actual sounds. Evie turned her attention back towards her sister, as if something had peaked her interest.

“What the fuck are you talking about now?” Evie questioned.

Evie sighed as Ben wrapped his arm around her, acting like he was trying to keep her warm but really he was worried that Evie was going to launch herself towards Ayla and break her in half. She hated it when Ben saw this side of her, especially with all the growth she had made since leaving the spy world.

“You honestly still think that our father was the one that took away your chance of having a family? You still think he, did that to you?” Ayla shook her head.

Ben looked over towards Ayla, the stern look in his cool blue eyes were a warning towards her to tread carefully.

“I don’t need to think it Ayla, it’s reality.” Evie snarled.

Ayla couldn’t help herself as a chuckle escaped her lips, shocking Evie who was just about to get back up to her feet.

“Our father only agreed to the operation because my mother led him to believe that you were dying... she made him think that you were riddled with cysts and that if he didn’t give the green light to remove your ovaries you would get sepsis and die.” Ayla huffed.

Evie went to take a step but she was frozen, as Ayla continued to speak.

“Our father loved you more than anyone else in this world, including me. I was a mistake Evie... and when I couldn’t perform like you, he cast me away... the only reason why he kept me in his life was to support his grand daughter to support...” Ayla was cut off.

Evie was frozen in time, but before Ayla could say her daughter’s name Evie cut her off.

“I don’t want to hear her fucking name.” Evie howled.

It hurt, she was hurt by the fact that her sister was allowed to have a child but the option was never there for Evie burned at her skin. Evie felt the very lowest pit of her stomach ball up as she felt like she was going to be sick.

“But she’s your niece.” Ayla cried.

Ayla got up to her feet and walked over towards Evie trying to get her to see reason. As she reached out, Evie slapped her hand away.

“I don’t have a fucking niece.” Evie shot back.

Her emerald eyes burned towards Ayla's and her teeth snapped together. Evie couldn’t explain her anger, but right now she was directing it all towards Ayla. Ben had made his way to his feet and was now standing beside his wife, his right hand reaching for hers as he wanted to comfort her.

“But you do Evie... you do.” Ayla choked. “And she needs you.” She cried.

Ayla stepped up towards the Jordan’s she was trying to get them to see the truth behind the lies but as she stepped towards them, Evie pulled back away from her.

“You have three more minutes of my time... before I make you a permanent resident of my lake... so I would choice you next few words very fucking wisely.” Evie threatened.

She lifted her left hand, her index finger coming out to point towards her angrily. Evie didn’t have time for this, she didn't have time to be dragged back down memory lane to be hurt all over again.

“What do you want to know?” Ayla begged.

It was a stupid question but Ayla wasn’t thinking straight, however before Evie could bite her head off she quickly followed herself up.

“Okay, I’ll start with the beginning. My mother told our father you were sick, he green lighted the operation... she is the one that stole from you. You have hated dad for that for so long when really it was my mother... your dearest doctor. She did it because she knew our father was going to leave everything to his grandchildren... he couldn’t leave it to you, because you hated him... you hunted him. He couldn’t leave it to me because he never wanted me... my mother has used us as pawns our whole lives Evie... and now she has my daughter, she wants the last of dad’s money... the accounts that only you know about... the sixty million... because once she has that, she’ll have it all... the billion dollar nest egg dad left for our children... which is ironic considering he knew you would never be able to become a mother...” Ayla trailed off.

Ayla took another step towards Evie trying to reach out once more to get her on her side but Evie just ignored her, before she lashed out.

“This doesn’t sound like a me problem. I don’t give a fuck about dad’s money.” Evie snarled.

Evie locked eyes with her little sister and with the look of the devil in her eyes she wanted Ayla to get that message loud and fucking clear.

“I didn’t come here so you could start to care about money, I came here because you’re the only one who can save my sweet angel.” Ayla cried.

Tears welled up in Ayla’s eyes once more as she looked at her sister, Ben couldn’t help but notice this despair in tone but it was falling on deaf ears with Evie.

“Well it looks like you trick and treated at the wrong fucking house this year.” Evie threatened. “Get the fuck off our property.” She snarled.

Evie pointed towards the “exit” but Ayla didn’t move, she just screamed towards her sister in one last effort to get her see her and to believe her.

“Evie please.” Ayla begged. “I have proof. Please just hear me out!” She cried.

Evie just looked at her little sister, torn between wanting to hear her out and help her, while also wanting to rip her throat out. This was meant to be a romantic night for the Jordan's, a celebration of their lives together and now Ben was being dragged back into this petty bullshit that was Evie’s other life. Ayla didn’t move, she just held her tear filled glance with her sister as she reached out towards her, her phone in her right hand as she tried to show her something.... And, that is where we will leave it because if I share too much of what happened next, I’d have to call out a spoiler alert and that doesn’t sit well with me.

##

Rule 1 was broken pretty quickly as Ben and Evie spent the night inside their house, however they weren’t alone as Ayla had passed on their lounge chair in their main living room. Sure, Evie could have followed Ben’s advice and offered her sister a spare room, but she wasn’t overly convinced she could trust her. Last night’s bonding around the fire had Evie second guessing her whole existence and the last thing she wanted to do was let her guard down when she was trying to process everything that revealed to her last night. It wasn’t an easy night for Evie, she had spent most of it pacing the hallway between the main bedroom and the living room, checking on her sister to see if she had decided to do a runner though the night or early hours of the morning. Even when the young Aussie attempted to sleep, she felt as if she had to keep one eye open just in case Ayla decided to feel courageous and enter her room in the middle of the night to smother her.

Yet, with all those wild thoughts that had ran through Evie’s mind she still managed to shock herself, when she walked into the living room the following morning, her emerald eyes falling onto her sister who was still sound asleep on her couch. Ayla looked peaceful and that was oddly strange as the scars that marked her face, were quite the opposite of peace, Ayla had been to hell and back, she had been to war and that was a place, even Evie refused to head back to. The morning light that flooded through the wall length mirrors that looked over the lake, really emphasized the bruises that were on Ayla’s face. The closer Evie tip toed towards her sister, the more evidence she could see of her sister’s struggles. There was deep scratches on the surrounds of her wrists, deep cuts on the back of her neck, scraps across her face.

Evie couldn’t help but close her eyes, these marks were all too familiar to her, it might have happened to her a lifetime ago but there was something about reliving the pain of having your wrists bound together with rope and tightened over and over until the point where the skin has nowhere to go, it just bursts like a balloon, peeling back layer upon layer of your skin to expose your raw untouched flesh, that screams at you to cover it back over and protect the vital veins that belong there. That pain was all too familiar and no matter how many years between incidents, Evie couldn’t help but grab at her own wrists one after the other, it was as if she was fearful that the pain she was feeling, was coming true.

She forced her eyes open to look down over her little sister, she needed to search for the truth. Sure Ayla has spilled her soul out to Evie last night, but how could she be sure she wasn’t being set up again? How could she be sure that she could trust her? That’s when her eyes scanned the back of Ayla’s neck and there right in the middle of the back of her neck was the evidence she was looking for. Marked forever in the form of a blistered, pealing, weeping chemical burn was a cross surrounded by a circle, topped with an M was all Evie needed to witness to be stunned into realisation, Ayla was telling the truth. There was something about the smell of burning skin that brings your memories screaming back at you as if there were crows circling above you just waiting impatiently for you to die. The murder of crows had in fact circled above Ayla’s head and she was in desperate need of her sister’s help.

Just as Evie was about to reach out to touch Ayla’s shoulder to wake her up, her hand was brought back to her side. Ben was now standing behind her, his right hand wrapped gently around her elbow as he coached Evie back a few steps into his chest before he guided her off and into their kitchen so they could speak freely, without having Ayla wake up and hear them. Ben turned Evie around so he could look into her eyes when he spoke down towards her.

“You’ve got that look in your eyes, Eves.” Ben observed. “Are you sure you can trust her?” He quietly whispered.

Evie looked up at Ben, she could tell that even he had his doubts but if she was going to help her half-sister get back her child, their niece she needed Ben to be on board with it.  After all Ben had waited three years for Evie to get out of her previous lifestyle, he was patient and forgiving and Evie had promised him that she would never dip her toe in that world ever again.

“What do you think? Do you think she is lying?” Evie pleaded, unsure of herself.

Ben took two steps towards Evie his hands reached up as he placed them on the top of her shoulders, giving them a little squeeze before a hesitant sigh escaped his dry lips.

“I think Ayla needs her sister. I think the footage we saw last night was evidence enough that she was telling the truth and the pained look on her face.” Ben sighed. “As much as it pains me to say this, but there is only one person who can help her here… and that’s you.” Ben cringed.

He hated having to say those words because he knew what they meant, Evie was going to have to go back into a world that she had left over two years ago. However, as his right hand swept down Evie’s back, his fingertips traced the same scar that was now blistering on Ayla’s neck that lived on the small of his wife’s spine. Evie could see the worry in his eyes and without hesitation she moved towards him, making the distance between them dissolve as she pressed into his chest for a hug.

“I promised you, never again…” Evie sounded defeated.

Ben just pulled Evie back so he could look into her green eyes, before he rested his chin on the top of her head, holding onto her for dear life.

“Family Eves, it’s different.” Ben whispered.

“But you’re the only family I know.” Evie protested. “I don’t want you let you down, not again, never again.” She gasped.

Evie’s mind was racing a million miles an hour, she didn’t want to lose Ben after all she had promised him she was done with this lifestyle all she wanted to do was settle down be the wife he deserved and live out the rest of their time peacefully in their Lake houses. Ben just gave her a mighty squeeze before he set the record straight.

“Ayla’s our family now Eves, we Jordan’s don’t abandon our families it’s not in our nature.” Ben smiled as he spoke. “Just come back to me, in one piece” He raised his concern with his tone.

Evie just pulled back from Ben purely so he could see the look on her face as she spoke, her eyes not moving from his.

“You have my word.” Evie spoke softly.

Ben didn’t need to hear another word, he just wanted his wife back in his arms and he quickly brought her back there with a soft, but yet firm hug. Evie craned her neck, so she could press her lips onto his hoping a kiss would ease the tension that was in the room, well not just the room, but now their lives. The next week would be hell, but what else was new for them?

##

There were few things in this world that made Evie squirm and well, asking for a helping hand when she was in desperate need was one of them. Evie hated it, it seem wretched and ill prepared but with Calista her best friend being out, due to give birth any day now Evie was feeling a little short handed in the back up department. Though lucky for her, she knew just the place to turn to that offered up people with special type of specialties that were required for the next step in her plan, to help free her niece from the repulsive hands of evil. The same evil that had ruined her life, the same evil that had done to Ayla what they had done to Evie all because they wanted to get their hands on her father’s fortune. Evie couldn’t give two shits about the money, but what was eating her alive is out there, in New York City was her 3 year old niece, trapped inside a room, with nowhere to run, nowhere to hide and a 40 million dollar ransom standing between her and freedom. That didn’t sit well with Evie but, she couldn’t focus on her emotions right now, she had to keep them in check especially with what she needed to do now.

Beg for a helping hand. Make a deal with the devil. Potentially owe a favour to someone who quite possibly could be on par with her sins.

Daniel J Morgan.

Evie and Ben had spent their Friday on board their jet, leaving Bar Harbor to travel across country to get ready for Sunday’s Climax Control, however they were forced to arrive a few days earlier to address the issue that had rocked up on their doorstep. Ayla had tagged along with them, reluctantly as everything and every fibre in her body was screaming at her to rush off towards New York City to save her daughter but she wasn’t part of this world, she wasn’t like her older sister Evie and if she was being told to sit down and shut up until a plan was hatched, she was going to do her very best and do so, it was the least she could do to stop herself or her daughter from being killed.

Evie had left Ayla with Ben at one of the booths inside the Golden Ring Casino, no doubt they would be joined soon by a talkative Dani or an annoyingly confident Nicky George to pass the time as they ordered a meal and a drink. Trying to blend in, trying to get to know one another, while both of them hiding their fears about what could possibly happen next. Evie on the other hand was making her way up the staircase, towards the mirrored observation deck that sat proudly above the gaming floor. Every step she took felt like ten, as there was this heavy feeling on her shoulders. It was tall ask coming here, to beg for help from London Underground, but without Mackenzie and Charlotte, Evie wasn’t quite sure this would be a mission she could tackle by herself, not if she wanted any sort of chance of bringing her niece home, safe, sound and alive.

As Evie reached the top step, she moved towards the offices, she found the large black door with the gold nameplate that read Daniel J Morgan, and with a painful sigh she wrapped her right fingers together to form a fist before she tapped them on the wooden door. Evie didn’t have to wait for long, the sound of Daniel’s harsh thick British accent emitted from behind the closed door.

“It’s open.” Daniel called out.

Evie took one last inhale before a drastic exhale before she wrapped her hand around the door handle and pushed her way into Daniel’s office. The Aussie made her way into the room, before she shut the door behind her. Daniel looked up from his spot behind his desk, curious to see who had interrupted him, Evie didn’t miss the shocked smirk that crossed his face as he dropped the pen in his right hand down onto the stack of papers he was signing. 

“Well don’t you look like shit.” Daniel smiled proudly. “And not just because the phony gemstones made a mess of your mug last week.” He chuckled.

Evie cracked a smile, but she couldn’t help but look herself up and down. She was dressed in all black, ripped jeans, black heels and a tight fitting black tank top that she had covered up with a leather jacket. It was her standard go to attire when in Vegas it helped sell her character more when she ran into crazed Sin City Wrestling fans and since she was basically at home base for the company, she always felt it was easier to be dressed in black.

“What can I do for you? If you’re looking for a job, since you’re retiring and all… I’ll be telling you to piss off to where you came from.” Daniel chuckled at himself.

Evie just rolled her eyes, as she made her way across the room to take a seat in front of Daniel so they were now looking at each other across the large timber table that separated them. She was struggling to find the words to say, hell she didn’t even know what she wanted to say, she wasn’t the type of girl to ask for help. But, Evie knew one thing was for sure Daniel deserved the truth and he didn’t deserve to be given the short end of the story. Evie looked down at her watch, time was everything and she knew Ayla had been given a 6 day deadline and the longer Evie fumbled around now, that meant there was less time for planning.

“I…” Evie choked. “I need your help.” She croaked, painfully.

Pride was a horrible thing. You see Evie knew what Daniel would now think of her and her reputation that had proceeded until this moment would be nothing more than a memory. People in their other world didn’t ask for help, they asked for favours and that wasn’t something Evie was willing to give. She had promised Ben she was out of the game for good and she couldn’t owe London Underground a debt, so here she was on her hands and knees about to grovel like a dog. Daniel just licked his lips with an amused interest, before he looked back across the table at Evie that smug look on his face seemed like it was glowing, the way his white teeth radiated towards her.

“If you’re wanting a hole dug, do it yourself… you’ve got arms, I’ll be happy to lend the shovel.” Daniel chatted away.

The more Daniel rattled on, almost boastful that someone like Evie had come crawling to his den to ask for help the less Evie said, the more she sunk back into the large leather chair and the more Daniel could see the pained look on her face. He knew she wasn’t with him in this room right now, even if her body was present. This wasn’t the time to be joking around and after another round of small jibs in her direction, he brought his hands together and placed them down on the desk in front of him. Clearing his throat Daniel, snapped Evie’s attention back to the here and now before he addressed her once more.

“What do you need? And why do you need it? I’m all ears, Evie.” Daniel's voice softened. “But if you want my help, you can’t spare a single detail and then I’ll make my decision from there.”

Evie moved forward in her chair and with a long exhale, she started to spill the beans on her sticky family situation. There wasn’t a detail she left unturned, she knew Daniel of all people could handle it but she knew it was a tall ask for assistance in a family matter that didn’t concern London Underground at all. It was a long shot but Evie felt helpless and if she was going to head back into a world, where there were no rules and without Calista by her side she couldn’t do it alone. If there was any chance of her coming out alive, Evie needed a pack. This wasn’t something she could do on her own and she knew how much Charlotte and Mackenzie enjoyed the thrill of the hunt.

Evie told Daniel about Ayla, she didn’t skim over the blackmail, the money, the cry for help, Evie told him about her niece being locked away and being held for ransom by her own grandmother, she told Daniel about New York City and the 6 day deadline. Evie let Daniel in on the fact that there was a rough plan in place but the final plan hadn’t been set in stone as she wasn’t sure she could do this on her own and truth be told, Evie didn’t have friends in this field anymore, she had removed them all. Evie gave a rough idea why she needed help, although Daniel could see it in her emerald eyes, she felt trapped, useless and conflicted about even helping. While Evie spoke Daniel made notes, not physically but mentally as he tried to piece it all together, yet no judgement came from his direction, he of all people knew what family was like. He knew the greed that came with this business, he knew about the cutthroat attitude that some family units had with one another, he was just lucky his brother was with him and not against him.

Daniel waited for Evie to finish up before he took his time in responding. There was risk of him giving this the green light and the repercussion of Mackenzie’s and Charlotte’s wellbeing was at stake, Evie knew this from the stern look on Daniel’s face as he looked up at her, after weighing up his options.

“Do the girls know anything about this?” Daniel questioned.

Evie licked her lips, before she bit down on her bottom lip, her next line might come as a surprise to even Daniel.

“No, I haven’t asked them… thought I would ask the head of the table first.” Evie laughed, nervously.

Evie was an idiot at times, but she wasn’t a fool; she knew how London Underground operated, a smooth well-oiled family (unofficial) unit who worked well together and rarely got involved in other people’s drama. Yet, there was a head and the division that was run out of Vegas, the leader was Daniel Morgan and it wasn’t right to ask Mackenzie and Charlotte to go behind his back, for a matter that really didn’t concern them. Daniel couldn’t help but smile as he looked at Evie from his side of the table.

“Well you best go ask them, I can’t force their hands if they don’t want to help out…” Daniel kicked off. “But Evie I must warn you, if anything and I mean ANYTHING happens to them… that will be a weight on your shoulders and believe me, not even the almighty Evie Baang, can out run that fate.” He didn’t mince his words.

Daniel stood up in his spot and adjusted his jacket before Evie did the same, she reached across the table with an out stretched right hand as she went for a handshake. She wasn’t sure why it just felt like the right thing to do at the time. Daniel looked down at her open palm with a smirk on his face.

“If you require anything, anything at all… you let me know.” Daniel boasted.

Daniel reached across and took Evie’s hand shaking it, as if to seal the deal while Evie’s finally had a wild smirk on her face. And, that’s where you’ll be left in the cold wondering did Evie ever ask Mackenzie and Charlotte for help? Did they say yes? Or did they leave Evie high and dry, about to head into a world she won’t dominate on her own. You’ll have to tune in next time to find out…

##

The scene opened up in true Evie Jordan style in the middle of an abandoned back road. Trees hugged the sides and hung over the street as leaves littered the ground around them. The sound of Evie’s pinpoint heels crackled on the gravel as she made her way towards the camera, a blood red smile on her face as she stared down the lens. She didn’t have time to mess about tonight,

“Courtney... Courtney... Courtney.” Evie beamed.

It was as if she was calling on the spirit of Bloody Mary when she spoke, a glimmer of evil in her emerald eyes as she stared down the lens of the camera.

“I can’t believe it has been this long since we have been in the ring together, it feels like a lifetime ago... it feels like a long drawn out occasion... you see back in the day when you beat me in the finals of the Blast from the Past, Sin City Wrestling was high on you Courtney... you were going to be the next big thing and look what happened... you were gift wrapped a hold opportunity from Fenris and when you have your chance to use you motivation to head towards the top of the Sin City Wrestling Bombshell roster, you tripped fumbled and fucking fell on your face... and then you left, like a 10 PM booty call.” Evie laughed.

She moved towards the camera, her long black gown dragged on the rocky road as she smiled evilly.

“And yet, here you are... again. The rising of Star of Sin City Wrestling had decided to rupture and grace her with her appearance once more and what for? Do you honestly think this time will be any different? Do you honestly think you’ll be taken seriously attaching yourself to Kate Steele? Do you honestly think the fans want you here? You failed them Courtney and you will always fucking fail them... because let’s be honest, you’re only good when you’re dragging on someone coats tails. You’re only good when you’re hiding in someone else’s shadow. Fenris carried you last time, I’m surprised you haven’t begged him to return to carry you once more... because since your return, you haven’t proved that you're here for a redemption, you’re just looking for that little spark of luck that you were hand given last time. You’re looking for that beginners charm that helped you win the Blast from the apart tournament... it’s too bad for you Courtney that things like this don’t happen twice, I mean that’s unless you’re me...” Evie smirked brightly.

Evie moved towards the camera, the moon light shining on her face as she looked towards the camera.

“You see you might have thrown a spanner in the words and derailed my chance at becoming a two time blast from the past winner when you were last in town, but you never stopped me… from accomplishing my goal. You never stopped the fate that was destined for me, you just delayed it and for that… you will pay. On Sunday night you will pay for all your hype, for all your lies and all your past actions… you see you didn’t beat me at Climax Control before the Blast from the Past finals, you didn’t even beat me in the finals for the Blast from the Past… you just stood on the side of the ring and watched on as Fenris did all the work.. you just stepped back and let your chance to shine stroll on past you and why? Because you’re fucking afraid, you’re afraid of me and I will expose you for all your weaknesses this Sunday night at Climax Control.” Evie smirked.

She could wipe the smile off her face, as she pushed the loose strands out of her eyesight and tucked them behind her ears.

“I’ve already beaten you once physically in a singles match, the blast from the past I devoured you mentally and this Sunday night will be a combination of the both. You see, while you’re trying to right a wrong with your return to Sin City Wrestling, I’m doing everything in my power to show the world that I’m not just Alicia Lukas’ chew toy and when I try something I make sure I fall fucking through and when I try i fucking succeed unlike you. I burned myself through Bea like it was easy… you, Court can expect the same tenacious bitch standing across the ring from you. You see I have been wronged in this Company, and it’s my turn to put the roster on notice, it’s my time to make Mark, Christian and Brooke see that they NEVER should have left me out… they never should have crossed my name off their list… they shouldn’t have overlooked me… they shouldn’t have handed the title shot to Keira, I am owed a rematch and until that day comes I will lay waste to the rest of the bombshell division… because I fucking can and you of all people fucking know that.” Evie snarled.

She turned towards the camera and flashed her bright white teeth, there was something more animal about Evie tonight maybe it was just the spooky feeling in the air.

“Last time we went toe to toe in a singles match I exposed you as the weakest link in your team… I showed the world that you were nothing compared to me and Sunday night will be no different… it doesn’t matter how many years have passed us by it doesn’t matter how much training you have done between now and then… your break away from the ring to focus on getting better in the ring will be wasted… because it doesn’t matter that you have come back with fancy new tricks, funky new moves they still won’t be good enough in the ring against me. And when you look at yourself Courtney, you can see that… you know that and that’s why on Sunday night you are going to walk out to that six sided ring surrounded by doubt and there is no amount of training there is no amount of pep talks that will lead you towards a victory… because like you fucked with my destiny in the blast from the past, I’m going to fuck with your glorious return to the ring… because I can and I will and trust me I’ll fucking enjoy it. Every single second of it because you deserve this, you deserve to be hung out and dried.” Evie snarled.

Evie’s teeth snapped together to clench. She was furious that she would have to be in the ring against Courtney this week instead of facing Alicia Lukas, but sometimes the wait is worth it.

“So I’ll see you in the ring on Sunday and Courtney you have to believe it when I say this I won’t be an easy beat, I won’t be your stepping stone that you use to relaunch your career here in Sin City Wrestling… you will be the canvas in which I will paint my glorious rise back towards the World Bombshell Championship and Mark my words, you’ll learn a thing or two getting in the ring with me… and that’s that your failures will stay failures while mine, I turn around and make them valuable comebacks… yours thus far has been meaningless and on Sunday night… I prove that to you, I’ll prove it to the higher ups and I will ruin your fucking grand parade…” Evie smiled.

The camera zoomed in on her smiling face, before it faded off into the darkness of the night leaving the world to wonder who would win on Sunday night regardless of the outcome the fans were sure to be treated to a rematch for the ages.