Author Topic: A New Normal  (Read 760 times)

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
A New Normal
« on: October 09, 2020, 06:19:08 PM »
“WHEN I’M GONE.”[/color
DAYS UNTIL THE MATCH: 6
SCENE: i
REC
[/size]

MONDAY, OCTOBER 5, 2020
TIME: 7:45 AM

FLASHBACK

When she heard the door close behind her without Kris stopping it, she was disappointed but hardly surprised. Even if he still cared, there was no way he was going to admit it.l, at least not right now. She made her way down the stairs and then through the back part of the building and out to the parking lot. However, when she pushed open the backdoor Kris was already there waiting for her. He was standing directly in her path and before she could ask he points to the side of the building behind her.

::KR “The ladder is faster than the stairs, but not really suitable for people in dresses.”[/color

She looks over at the ladder before looking back at him.

;;MIKAH “No, I suppose it wouldn’t work well for dresses.”

She wasn’t sure how to take him but she doesn’t move.  She looks at him before looking down at her feet.

;;MIKAH “So...”

His tone had been slightly more pleasant but the look on his face was still the same. Something had changed though. Instead of averting his eyes he was looking directly into hers.

::KR “I am just going to ask once. I really just need a yes or no. If you lie to me...”

He shakes his head and tries to push the thought away.

::KR “You're not going to do it again?”

She looks at him, letting her eyes meet his.  She shakes her head no.

;;MIKAH “No, definitely not.  I hadn’t really intended to do it in the first place.”

She looks at him, regret and remorse written in her eyes.

;;MIKAH “I really am sorry...”

She takes a step forward, but he takes one back away from her and holds up his hands in front of his chest.

::KR “Don't just tell me what you think I want to hear. I have been there. I have made promises I didn't intend to keep. I have lied just to keep people from actually walking away.”

His eyes do not leave hers, but his are no longer angry. He looks like he wants to believe her, but just will not let himself.

::KR “Don't make a promise you can't keep because if you can't keep it then we can't keep doing whatever this is. I won't let myself. It's not even an option… no matter how much it would hurt.”

She looks at him before doing her best to not roll her eyes.

;;MIKAH “I wouldn’t apologize if I didn’t mean it.  And I wouldn’t say I wasn’t going to do something if I was going to do it anyways.  I am not that person, no matter what the other people say about me.” 

She closes her eyes again, pushing any sort of other emotions away.

;;MIKAH “You do not have to believe me, that is your own choice on whether or not you believe me.  I can only apologize so many times and insist I am not going to do something.”

She shrugs her shoulders as she looks at him.

::KR “This isn't just some little thing for me!”

The fact that she had been acting so nonchalant about the whole thing was the only part of her words that had gotten under his skin.

::KR “I went to just to go see if you needed someone to talk to, and found you there just babbling to someone who wasn't there. Everything was all laid out next to you...”

He closes his eyes and tries to stop himself from dwelling on the thought for too long.

::KR “For months I have been doing really well, and not even thinking about it… not wanting it. Seeing you there, seeing it there...”

He brings his hand up and runs his fingers through his hair with a sigh.

::KR “It's not just about you. I'm not just mad at you. I don't want to go back to that life and you just slapped me in the face with it. You put it in front of me and because it was you...”

He stops himself from finishing the thought.

::KR “I can't be in that position again. You got to the hospital this time. One miracle is enough.”

She looks at him, trying to keep her own emotions at bay.  She struggled with them enough but this time she lets him see the emotions.  It was too hard to keep them away.

;;MIKAH  “I honestly hadn’t intended to do anything that I did!  I didn’t go to California thinking, ‘Oh, what the fuck, let’s get high and almost die.’  It is not why I went there, Kris!”

She looks at him, before running her fingers through her messy locks of hair.

;;MIKAH  “I should have been able to resist that temptation but I thought, ‘Fuck it, who really cares?’ for one second before thinking about...”

She stops and looks to the side.

;;MIKAH  “Thinking about Mase and it just clicked, or something.  I didn’t intend to land in the hospital.  I didn’t intend for you or anybody else to find me on that beach!  I just thought I’d get high, sleep it off on the beach, and then go back home.  Or go somewhere else.  But..”

She looks at him, biting her bottom lip.

;;MIKAH  “But then...I saw Mase and I couldn’t stop myself from slipping farther away.”

She looks away from him to blink away any sort of tears that she may or may not have had in her eyes before looking back at him.

;;MIKAH “It is not going to happen again.  I know it’s hard for you to trust what I’m saying, but I am not going to do it again.  There’s no more temptation...”

She takes a breath and lets it out before looking up. He was chewing on the inside of his cheek, and arguing with himself inside of his head. Most of his common sense was telling him to run away from this, but he was planted in place for some reason and too afraid to let himself think about what that reason was.

::KR “It's not something that's going to be okay just at the snap of your fingers. This isn't something that can just be fixed. It's not that easy.”

He sighs, but pushes himself through it.

::KR “We do this thing where we act like it is all fun and games, and push aside how we really feel. We don't talk out problems, because we deal with it ourselves.”

He shakes his head.

::KR “That's not going to work. I am always going to be showing up at a beach to talk to you. You are always going to come here and find me. Why can't we just do that without having to fuck everything up first?”

She looks at him before shrugging her shoulders again. 

;;MIKAH “I don’t know.  And I know it isn’t going to just be okay.  But I’m done with that drug and the side effects that it brings.”

She looks at him.

;;MIKAH  “I’ve...never been the one to talk about feelings, ever.  It is just not something I’ve done and it’s….not easy.”

She looks away from him again.

;;MIKAH  “Isn’t that our motto?  ‘We Fuck Everything Up?’”

She raises an eyebrow at him.

::KR “Well I'm trying to change that...”

It was weird to hear the words come out of his own mouth, but they were true. Before he had gone to find her, his night at Into The Void has been eye opening in its own way. He points up at his ear, which still had a bandage over the missing piece.

::KR “I can't keep doing shit like this...”

He shrugs his shoulders.

::KR “...or getting into trouble for the sake of getting into trouble….Or being selfish just so that other people reconsider being around me... Or pushing people away just to see how fast they run. I have to be better.”

She takes a deep breath again and looks at him.  It was her signature move but she knew it never really got her anywhere.

;;MIKAH  “I….”

She stops to think before leaning against the wall.

;;MIKAH  “You already are better.  You’ve always been better, it just took you a long time to see it.  I am...on the other hand...not who you think I am.”

She holds up two fingers.

;;MIKAH  “Two divorces.  One marriage teetering on the edge.  So, clearly it’s me that can’t seem to handle being an adult.”[/color

She just shrugs again.

;;MIKAH  “It is something I’m working on.”

END OF FLASHBACK

Mikah sits up in bed and blinks a few times before realizing it was just a dream. Or more like a flashback, to be honest. It had happened over two years ago and now, it wasn’t sitting right with her. She looks around the bedroom and blinks again before spotting Masen Christian Othniel sitting in a chair and he appeared to be reading a book.

;;MIKAH “Do you ever sleep?”

She didn’t really think about the question and what it entailed. He glances over at her and halfway smirks in her direction.

::CO “I’m not real so, I don’t really need sleep. That’s more of a thing for living beings.”

Mikah makes a face of realization as it hits her and then her cheeks flush a bright pink color at the realization.

;;MIKAH “Right. That makes sense. So…what do you do when I’m sleeping? Do you still…exist?”

It was an awkward question to ask and it even felt awkward for her to ask it. But he smiles, making her smile in return.

::CO “Well, technically yes. But only because you want me to be.”

She smiles again before getting up and walking over to him and hugging him. He smiles and hugs her back, kissing the top of her head.

;;MIKAH “Am I secretly on drugs again? Is that why I can see you?”

She hadn’t wanted to ask the question but it was laying heavily on her mind. She looks at him, a look of hesitation written in her eyes as she does so. She almost didn’t want to know the answer.

::CO “No. You’re not on drugs.”

She gives him an odd look but doesn’t say anything for a moment or so before she looks around her current room. More often than not, or at least before these past few weeks, she spent most of her time in Kris’ bed or in his room. But since she started seeing Masen again, she had spent a lot more time in her own room. She didn’t want Kris to think she was crazy and if he saw her talking to somebody that he couldn’t see, alarm bells would be ringing. Or so she thought, anyways.

;;MIKAH “How sure of that are you, Mase?”

She tilts her head to the side as she peers up at him.

::CO “I’m pretty sure you’d know if you were on drugs, Miks.”

He chuckled with his answer and she just shoots him a look. She didn’t really believe that she wasn’t on something because she couldn’t explain why she could see a dead person.

;;MIKAH “I have to be on something, Mase. People can’t just see dead people for no reason. That’s illogical. And might make seem insane.”

He just smiles at her before he hugs her, pulling her in close to him. She hesitates, momentarily before hugging him back.

::CO “You are fine, Miks.”

She really wanted to believe him because she wanted to be fine. But there was something that just didn’t feel right about the entire situation.

;;MIKAH “But what if you’re wrong?”

She looks up at him, the uncertainty in her own eyes. He didn’t like to see that but there wasn’t much he could do to relieve her worries about her own mental health.

::CO “Just…don’t think about it. Just enjoy the fact that I’m here with you.”

To her, it felt easier said than done. How could she not worry about it? Because she didn’t know when she was going to stop seeing him around and that in itself was a worry. She should have been more worried and concerned about her title defense that was coming up on Sunday but for some reason, she didn’t feel as uneasy about that as she did about this situation with him.

Nobody ever understood their bond and why they meshed so well. But they were both so fucked up that it just seemed to work. The only thing she hadn’t understood about him was his addiction to the drugs.

;;MIKAH “That’s easy for you to say, Mase. I’m still alive and I’m not going anywhere that you won’t be able to see me. Because even if I go somewhere, you’ll be able to see me. From above or whatever.”

She herself wasn’t sure if she believed in God or a high power, but she wanted to. She wanted to believe that there was something bigger than all this.

::CO “Even if you can’t see me, Miks, I’m always still with you.”

She smiles at the sentiment of his words before hugging him again. She knew it was impossible but she felt him there.

;;MIKAH “It’s not the same, though. Because I don’t know that you’re there, Mase. Right now? I can see you. I can see that you’re here. But whenever this goes away? I don’t know that you’re with me.”

He sighs before running his fingers through her hair the best that he could. She could tell that he wanted to comfort her and wanted to make things better for her but he just didn’t know how.

::CO “Because Miks, I’m your best friend. I will always be with you and by your side. There hasn’t been a time when I wasn’t there with you.”

She wanted to believe him but she wasn’t the type of person that believed everything somebody told her.

;;MIKAH “Do you know me at all, Mase? I can’t just…believe that you’re there. It’s hard for me to believe in something that I can’t see. Right now? I can see you. I can feel you. But whenever whatever this is, stops? I can’t say that I will know that you’re there with me. And that’s scary.”

He was trying his best to reassure her but he wasn’t sure that he was doing a good job at it. She did have the tendency to be a tad pessimistic about things and he knew it was a struggle for her to see the bright side of things.

::CO “I know it’s hard for you, Miks. I know that you don’t believe that things go right for you but I’m always here for you. Whether you want to believe it or not, I will always be on your side. No matter what.”

She looks up into his eyes, a smile tugging at the corner of her lips. She wanted to believe him. She felt more at home around him than she’d felt anywhere else but there was the fact that he wasn’t alive that made her a little more leery about the things that she was feeling.

;;MIKAH “Okay. I will try to trust whatever this is. Even if it makes absolutely no sense to me and could be gone within a blink of an eye.”

He smiles down at her. She just smiles back at him before jumping as there’s a knock at her bedroom door. Her eyes look over at the closed door before she looked back at him.

::CO “Answer the door. I can’t do it for you.”

She shoots him a look before walking over to the door and pulling it open to see Kris standing there. She looks up at him, a slightly surprised look on her face. She had almost forgotten that she had lived in his place. Almost.

;;MIKAH “Kristopher, hi.”

He raises an eyebrow at the tone of surprise in her voice.

::KR “You seem overly surprised to see me…in my own place.”

He smirks a little at her before he peers into her room, only to see that it was empty. Myles had chosen to sleep in Leighton’s room and had been rather attached to the fifteen year old girl lately.

;;MIKAH “Just…it’s early.”

She had decided to change what she was going to say. She knew that she shouldn’t be surprised at anything that Kris does.

::KR “I haven’t been to sleep yet.”

That too wasn’t surprising either. His sleep schedule was just as wacky as hers was sometimes. And sometimes, nonexistent.

;;MIKAH “Oh, right.”

She glances down to see that he was still carrying around his Mixed Tag Team Championship belt. She raises an eyebrow at him and he just shrugs his shoulders.

::KR “I was going to see if you wanted to go work out or something. Maybe work on a tactic for Sunday…”

She looks up at him before glancing behind her at Masen again. He just shakes his head at her before she turns her attention back to Kris.

;;MIKAH “Uh…isn’t our tactic to win?”

She smirks at him, a proud look on her face as if she had thought up some big, master plan for Sunday. Of course she thought that they were going to win; her and Kris were really the only two who believed in each other as a team.

::KR “Obviously. And you know what I meant. Are you in or are you out?”

She sighs in a dramatic fashion before walking out into the hallway and shutting the door behind her. She didn’t seem bothered by wearing little to no clothing; he’d seen her naked more times than she could count.

;;MIKAH “Sure, let’s go.”

He raises an eyebrow at her and looks her over, noticing that the oversized t-shirt barely covered her butt. He could see the scalloped edges of her panties sticking out. It didn’t seem to bother her any.

::KR “Are you going to get dressed?”

She glances down at the shirt she was wearing and then at him. She raises an eyebrow before pulling the shirt off to reveal a teal sports bra with neon pink outline that matchings the neon pink panties.

;;MIKAH “Nope, let’s go.”

“THE NEW WAY.”
DAYS UNTIL THE MATCH: 2
SCENE: ii
REC

FRIDAY, OCTOBER 9, 2020
TIME: 5:45 PM

The set up is simple: Mikah is set at the counter in Kris’ home with her laptop open and the zoom app up. She had set up a meeting time where she could be asked questions by fans around the world since large gatherings in public were still pretty limited. She figured that this was the best way to go about doing a meet and greet sort of thing. She adjusts her Bring Back Simon Jones t-shirt before setting the championship on her left shoulder. She smiles as she starts the zoom meeting before flicking her hair over her other shoulder.

;;MIKAH “Welcome everybody to the Zoom meeting where you’ll get to ask me questions. But first, let me tell you what sort of treat you’re in for today.”

She mutes all the other participants before she continues.

;;MIKAH “On Sunday, you will get to witness another win for the Black Sheep or should I say, the Mixed Tag Team Champions?”

She holds a smirk on her face as she looks down at the championship that was sitting pretty on her shoulder.

;;MIKAH “But does that really surprise any of you? I mean, it is exactly what Kristopher and I said we were going to do. And when have we ever let you down?”

She raises her eyebrows at the thought before shaking her head. She wasn’t afraid to be confident in her own skills and she was confident in Kris’ as well.

;;MIKAH “That’s right, since Kristopher and I reformed the Black Sheep back in late June, early July, we stated that this was what we were going to do. We didn’t push ourselves into the title picture right away either. We earned it and when we got our shot, did anybody believe that we had a real, actual shot of taking the titles away from Bitch N’ Moan? Nope. Nobody ever thinks that Kristopher and I are going to do what we set out to do. They never think that we’re going to be the best in the business at what we do. No matter what our past history says, they still like to doubt our abilities in that ring.”

She shrugs her shoulders.

;;MIKAH “And now, Mark and Christian have booked us in our first title defense against two people who have no business being tag team partners. I’m sure it’s in hopes that we drop these titles as quickly as possible so they can push us back to the end of the line so that another team can hold down the fort when it comes to being champions. But that’s not going to happen. Because you see, I’m still Mikah. With or without Kristopher, I’m still that same Bombshell that used to dominate the Bombshell division. And like my record says, when I’m on a roll, nobody can touch me. Just because I’m now part of a tag team, it doesn’t mean that my in ring skills change or that my personality changes because it doesn’t. I’m still the mother fucking Queen bitch.”

She didn’t seem to care that her language would not be acceptable for children to hear.

;;MIKAH “Mark and Christian can book Kristopher and I against whomever they want and we’ll still get shit done. They can put any two people together as a team to face us, and we’ll still do what we do best in that ring. We’ll win and enjoy every second of it. We like proving people wrong and proving that we are[/u] the best in our division. Our track record says that we’re the best. We haven’t been beat since we became a team and while it’s still pretty new, I’d like to think we can go a long time before anybody beats us. And I wouldn’t count on this mixed up match of a team beating us on Sunday, it’s not likely to happen.”

Again, she smirks at the laptop’s webcam.

;;MIKAH “Candy, I know that you’ve been in SCW for a hot minute or maybe longer than a hot minute, but you’re still relatively fresh to the scene, I’d say. And I’m going to tell you right now to squash whatever hopes you have in becoming one half of the Mixed Tag Team Champions. Because it’s not going to happen for you. I’m not going to let some fucking hippy-happy cheerleader take my championship away from me just because Mark and or Christian got bored with bickering with one another and decided to spice up the mixed tag team division. You might have been something in the past here, but you’re nothing in the mixed tag team division. After Sunday? It will just be a one off match that you had with some fuck as your partner. It won’t amount to anything and your little hopes and desires will be ruined and shattered into tiny little pieces. If you don’t want to listen to me and my warnings, that’s fine. I’m still the best in the company. I may not hold that Bombshell Championship right now, but I’m still the fucking best they’ve got. And you’re going to be stepping into the ring with me on Sunday. And I really, really hope you’ve done your homework because I’m not some newbie that you can sneak by. I know my way around that ring better than most people in the back.”

Again she smirks confidently at the screen, fulling believing in what she was saying.

;;MIKAH “You see, I may not be well liked by a lot of people because of my in-your-face technique, but you can be certain that people damn well respect me for the things I can do in that ring. They may not like my attitude, but they can’t deny that I’m fucking amazing in that ring and on Sunday, you’ll get to experience it first hand. Now, back to the meet and greet Zoom meeting. I’m going to open it up to questions but one at a time, please.”

She leans forward and looks for somebody to be raising their hand. She unmutes that person.

++FAN “Hi Mikah, my name is Corbin. And I want to know what made you decide to come out of retirement?”

She thinks for a moment, trying to decide how she wanted to word her answer.

;;MIKAH “Well, things change. I saw the way things were going for Kristopher and I just thought that maybe he and I could set out to do what we said we wanted to do in 2018 had we lost the top titles at the right time. And we did it.”

She mutes that one before picking another person.

++FAN “Hi Mikah! My name is Jolene and I just love you! Do you ever think that you’ll get back into the singles division and compete for the Bombshell Championship again?”

She hated that question but she tries not to let the disdain settle on her face.

;;MIKAH “The best answer I can give you for that is, never say never, Jo. Right now? I’m content with being one half of the Mixed Tag Team Champions.”

She smiles again before picking another fan.

++FAN “Hi my name is Adam. How does it feel to hold a championship again?”

She looks down at her championship that was still sitting boldly on her shoulder before she looks back up at the camera.

;;MIKAH “Great. Being a champion is always a great thing and holding one of these has never felt better.”

She again picks another person.

++FAN “Hi, I’m Ericka! Going off of Adam’s question, does it feel different from holding the Bombshell Championship?”

She smirks at the question before shrugging her shoulders.

;;MIKAH “Physically? No, they’re about the same weight in size and all that. But I mean, it is definitely different than holding the Bombshell championship. And I’ll dive deeper in to that by saying, when I held the Bombshell championship, it was a lot of pressure and I almost felt it every time I held the belt. The pressure to be perfect and to be the best at all times because I was representing SCW and it’s entire Bombshell division and that would be solely on me. Did I enjoy it? Hell yeah, most of the time. But this feels vastly different. Because now, I’m sharing some of that responsibility with Kristopher. So, there’s your answer. Mentally, yes. Physically, no.”

She unmutes another fan.

++FAN “Heya, I’m Lionel. What would say has been your favorite part about being in a team with Kris Ryans?”

Mikah raises an eyebrow at that question.

;;MIKAH “Well, there’s the not having to rely on my own talents to pick up the win. And there’s the fact that he’s also just as talented in the ring as I am. But I don’t think there’s just one part that’s my favorite to be honest. I mean, it could be that I get to look at him all I want. He is delicious to look at. But there is definitely a lot of perks with teaming with him. He also has his own gym, so I don’t have to leave his house to go train or do anything related to that. Perks of living in his house too.”

She wasn’t sure if that had been public knowledge but it was now. She unmutes another fan to keep the questions rolling.

++FAN “Hello, I’m Hank. Do you think there’s a possibility of Ben and Evie Jordan forming a team to compete with you and Kris?”

She presses her lips together for a moment, the silence lingering slightly.

;;MIKAH “Again, never say never. Now that both of them don’t have the weight or responsibility of the Bombshell Championship or the World Heavyweight Championship respectively, I think it could definitely be a possibility. And they’d be a real challenge, that’s for sure. They’d be the biggest challenge that Kristopher and I have faced since we came back. And I welcome it; I respect the hell out of Evie when it comes to stepping into the ring. She’s a great competitor. And Ben’s nothing to laugh at either. So, Kristopher and I would definitely welcome that challenge. One more question and then I have to wrap it up.”

She picks one random fan and unmutes them.

++FAN “Hello! My name is Carly and I just want to know, if you’ve ever thought of changing your finisher?”

Mikah raises an eyebrow at the question.

;;MIKAH “No, I have never thought about changing it once. Cupid’s Chokehold is my favorite finisher and I wouldn’t dream of changing it. I have thought about adding another submission hold to my finishers but I haven’t found one that I’m absolutely in love with. And that’s all the time I have for questions, so I’m going to mute you all once more.”

She mutes them all before smirking at the camera.

;;MIKAH “Candy, you only have about two days to prepare for the match, And this could be the match of your career, the one that sets the tone for how you’re seen in the upcoming months. I hope you’re prepared. And I hope you know that it’s nothing personal, it’s just what villains do.”

She winks at the camera before closing the laptop to end the Zoom session.