Author Topic: Spin the wheel  (Read 512 times)

Offline Dreamkiller

• View Profile
    • Johanna Krieger
Spin the wheel
« on: September 10, 2020, 08:56:25 AM »
What are you doing Johanna?

The words ran through her brain. Every single breath she took seemed rushed. She swallowed hard and closed her eyes, misting rain keeping the air damp and cold around her. It was the end of winter, coming into the beginning of spring. The rains had eased up but they were still wearing their ugly head when it was time for her to go out and investigate.

It had been two months since she has been here. Last time she was sitting in the back of the van, slowly staring up and down at different monitors from different cameras. It was the night that everything changed. The night when her faith in her job and her department had become shaken. Her father had told her to let it go, he told her why gave her reasons and even begged her.

She couldn’t.

She didn’t even know who she could trust. She couldn’t trust Jonas, she couldn’t trust her superintendent, clearly. There were so many friends she had in the department, so many people who she thought were good people, good offices. People who like her believed in justice and the righteous work that she was supposed to do. In Johannas mind there was a thin blue line separating what she did and what criminals did.

But now she questioned who had stepped over that line?.

So, she went out alone. It was just past 8 pm, and here she was down on one knee, her head slowly peeking around the old brick walls corner facing the warehouse door. Earlier that day she had done something that many would consider to be unethical bordering on illegal. She had gone in to a colleague‘s office, she had opened his desk and looked at local information. Intelligence on a rumored meeting at this warehouse. She should have got back up. She should have told someone she was going to be here. The paranoia had gotten to her, she looked at her phone she had flicked through names people who she had known for years, people who she trained with. People who at one point or another had her life in their hands.

It was terrifying.

She took a sharp breath in, a van slowly pulling up out the front of the warehouse. The light stayed on and then flickered three times in a distinct pattern. Johanna jumped another van that she is not even her drive up behind her flash the lights in a similar pattern. She moved backwards behind the wall, her hand shaking as she touched the brick. She was wearing a tight fitting black hoodie, the hood up over her head. Black bandanna tied around her face and tucked into the top and black jeans. She hoped this makeshift outfit would help keep her hidden.

Three men got out of the first van while two men got out of the other. She recognised one of them. She swallowed hard and shook her head so hard dropping down to the bottom of her stomach. She tried to keep down the anger, she tried to keep down the frustration. It was Jonas. Three men got out of the first van while two men got out of the second. She recognised one of them. She swallowed hard and shook her head and heart dropping down to the bottom of her stomach. She tried to keep down the anger, she tried to kick down the frustration. It was Jonas.

Officer Jonas Shultz. A man who had volunteered to team with Johanna. The man who was sitting next to her when they had seen another fellow officer at this very warehouse. He was in on it all along. She knew there was something, she knew there was a chance he was involved. But this broke her heart. They moved through the small entrance across the path and up into the warehouse the second the door closed Johanna made her move.

She moved along the grass, keeping low under the window and stepping lightly. She heard them move from the first room pushing the door open to follow, moving along the floor to stop right under the Foreman's window and listen in. “Do you have the customs paperwork?” It was Jonas speaking, stepping forward and holding out his hand.

Another man, the one who was driving the second van stepped forward and pulled out some paperwork handing it to him. “Here. I signed off on it. When the truck rolls in next week we can unload and wave through.”

Jonas smiled flicking through the first few pages before coming to the end seeing the signature. “Good. The merchandise will get out to where we need it. We need one pallet marked. We need an arrest...so we flipped a coin.” He laughed, so did the others. Johanna felt like she was going to throw up. She moved back and turned to slide out the door closing it behind her. She moved back behind the warehouse sitting on the grass outside the hand shaking she brought them up to her mouth.

She felt horrible, members of her division, of her unit, they were bringing in something illegal. Something big. And they were preparing to make an arrest through everyone else of the Trail. This was corruption at the highest level. Everything she fought against everything she hated. Tears welled up in her eyes, she pulled out her wallet looking at her badge, her fingertips slowly going over the lettering. Over her picture.

She remembered the day it was taken. How happy she was. How proud her father was. But now it meant nothing. She couldn’t trust anyone, she couldn’t go to anyone. She had already been attacked once. Everything she knew, everything she loved, was now dead to her.

But it was going to get so much worse…

Spin the wheel.

“Well that is more like it.“

Johanna Krieger steps forward. Her arms folded over her chest and head tilt slightly to the side with a smirk twisted on her black painted lips.

“After beating Johnson, I thought maybe my career would start to take an upswing. I thought that I would stop being noticed and recognised. That I would get a little bit of respect around here and maybe even some fear. And make no mistake ladies all of you who are in the bombshells division need to fear me. So, after going through that match with Johnson I ended up being overlooked for the bombshell battle royal. It pissed me off, it made me want to punch someone. But I suppose I understand. Since city wrestling needed other great names in that match like… Jesse Salco…”

As she says Jessie‘s name it hisses through her teeth. Joanna shakes her head taking a few breaths to calm down before she explodes.

“I make my feelings known, and Austin and I end up teaming together against the black sheep. And even though that match didn’t go the way we wanted it, and Ryans is a cheating douche bag. It was still an opportunity. Because we were facing people who held the highest championships in this company who are still relevant . That’s all I ever wanted, an opportunity to match the effort that I have clearly put into this company. I got it against Johnson, I got it against the black sheep, and now I’m getting it in this match.”

“You see the winner, gets to go onto violent conduct and face the roulette champion.“

“And Seleana Zdunich. Well she is a scalp worthy of a challenge. A former bombshells champion. The current roulette champion and someone who I believe is criminally underrated. The opposite to one of my opponents in this match. Mercedes Vargas. But, The roulette championship seems to be something that is right up my alley. It’s a championship where the rules are not properly defined until before the match with use of a freaking wheel. Its total chaos.”

“And I do love chaos“

Johanna can’t help but give a small laugh and her breath as she unfollowed her arms, her hand sliding to the front pockets of her torn black jeans.

“My opponents though, they could not be more different. Not just different from me but different from each other. And out of the three of us, I will say that mine is the promotional material that you should really be listening to. My words should carry weight, what I say and what I do will shape the future of the bombshells division in sin city wrestling. And I’m gonna save you all about 20 minutes. 20 minutes that you can do something else with in your lives. 20 minutes to read a book, catch up on your favourite television show, listen to some music. Do whatever you like but I’m going to give you 20 minutes right now. “

“You see, if you wait around for Mercedes Vegas to finally say something about this match and put any promotional material out on social media you are going to be waiting for a long time. Because Mercedes Vargas  likes to take as much time as she can to put out the same thing week in and week out. She will sort it in with her over inflated ego talking about all of the great things that she has done in the past. Letting us all know about the bombshells championship rains, the roulette championship rains, the fact that she has the most wins in the company and all the other stuff that she’s been able to build up over the exorbitant amount of time that she has been taking up a roster spot in this company.”

“I’m not gonna lie and say that Mercedes Vegas is not a good professional wrestler because she is. She might be one of the best ever. But she also happens to be an egotistical moron.”

“Case in point, she wants to talk shit about Jesse Salco and her losing streak in sin city. Hell I like to do that. But has Mercedes been setting the world on fire lately? A few wins here and there yes but has she been able to get herself into contention for anything? Here she is with another championship match opportunity. She beats myself and Barnhart and she gets to go to the roulette title. Right after she had her chance at getting a bombshells title shot in that battle royal that I wasn’t even in.”

“Yet she wants to accuse sin city wrestling of having favouritism towards Alicia. Pot meet kettle. And I don’t just mean because of the connotation Mercedes, it’s also because you’re dumb as a lump of iron….”

She can’t help but scoff and shake her head. But her nostrils flare as she turns back to the camera thinking about the other part of this match.

”Now, I saved you a little bit of boredom from Mercedes and her usual self aggrandising bullshit. Now we go to Bea Barnhart. If you want to go and watch one of her promos then you can go right ahead. I’m sure you’ll all enjoy Bill and Bea Barnhart's cavalcade of bad comedy and bullshit political takes that no one cares about.”

“And I would say that maybe they both need to focus more on what they are good at but wrestling is definitely not what they are good at. Hell Bea was another one of those women who got a shot in the battle royal and failed miserably after promising she was going to be declared the winner. So here’s another spoiler on what you’re going to see from the Barnharts and her stupid promo this week. I’m gonna save you another 20 minutes, that means you all owe me 40.”

“You are going to see bad comedy, followed by a lot of promises that she cannot possibly keep. With veiled threats. And that is what she does, her stupid, fat headed, ugly husband is going to be floating around somewhere in there. Along with the dog which probably has way better personal hygiene. And then on climax control both of them are going to get in the ring with me, Mercedes with her outdated skill set and ego that needed to be checked at the door so she actually could be anything more than a joke. And Bea Barnhart with her unfocused stupidity where she doesn’t even know where she is half the time. And I’m gonna beat the hell out of both of them, I’m going to go onto violent conduct, and I am going to face Seleana for the roulette championship. And claim my first, and definitely not last singles championship.”