Author Topic: Interacting with a bounce.  (Read 810 times)

Offline Agostino Romano

• View Profile
Interacting with a bounce.
« on: September 04, 2020, 11:56:32 PM »
Fan interactions apart from meeting them in-person discussions. Las Vegas, Nevada. Tuesday 1st September. (Off Camera)

Agostino has been apart of SCW roster for a few months now and was doing slightly well with a balanced record of wins and losses. People can see what a future wrestler Agostino is with his victories against El Dark and Caleb Storms. But losses to Teddy Steele and Jack Washington were obviously for a good reason, that they were top-level wrestlers, either going for belts or are champions. Agostino hasn't had a bad time in SCW and the one thing he had never done in his time here. Compared to other wrestlers who freaked out and lost their minds over it, Agostino has never complained about a loss.

Well, that on top of never asking or demanding a title shot which Agostino claims is too early, or he thought that before winning against El Dark. However, Agostino while he was doing everything he's been asked from doing training consistently, to even buying a house in Cleveland, Ohio.  Agostino didn't want to live in America, but it's more he had to, being able to go to and from his house easier.

All things were good with Agostino who was still happy being a wrestler in SCW because he hadn't felt relaxed for some time, even with his tricks of throwing opponents off. There was one thing apart from the titles factor James and Declan noticed Agostino hadn't considered. As Declan and James come in his room, while Agostino feeds Skittles his seeds and giving him water, they sat down on the sofa in the living room. Agostino comes in the living room, after giving his parrot seeds and water and sits on the couch with them with James saying this.

James Brown: "I know you're very engaging with the fans outside of the ring, we can see that before and after your matches, but have you thought about getting a twitter account to engage with the fans off-camera?"

Agostino Romano: "For a while, I tried twitter out, but it's not necessary."

Declan Marshall: "What do you mean unnecessary to interact with the fans on twitter?"

Agostino Romano: "I have a fan club forum for fan interaction. Anyone can join, although the fans have to pay a small fee to join the fan club for me to interact with them, for all other parts of the forum, it's for free to join. You can engage with the fans, discussing my wrestling and racing career and in general. That's the thing no wrestler I think has. Come to the laptop and find out for yourselves."

Declan, James and Agostino walk over to the laptop with Agostino logging himself in and going on his personalised website he had made himself during his years of being a motorcycle racer. James and Declan widened their eyes, not seeing anything like it before. Agostino goes to the fans area and clicks on the forums section. There it was, many rooms of topics around.

Declan Marshall: "Wow, that forum is so cool."

James Brown: "I had no idea things like that exist."

Agostino Romano: "I know you guys didn't, but you see, with twitter, I missed half of the tweets on not responding or acknowledge my fans because I got so many that it was difficult to keep up with every tweet I got and feeling like I ignored them. You can lose fans that way which I don't want to happen. So I deleted my twitter account and continued to use the forum to engage with the fans."

Declan Marshall: "That's a good point with the number of fans you have from your racing days and now wrestling days as well. I still don't see a fan club section."

Agostino Romano: "That's because I haven't logged in yet."

Agostino goes to the top of the forum to the login page and enters his login and password. Once Agostino does, he joins in the forum, with the fan club bit showing. Of course, it's only accessible to members who were in Agostino Romano's fan club. Usually, members would have to enter their fan club card number details to get in, but as it was Agostino's site, he never had to.

Declan Marshall: "Ah, I see what you mean now, having a pinned topic of ask Agostino questions is so much easier to keep up with than just getting many notifications on twitter, with the risk of missing tweets. It's brilliant."

James Brown: "You even got a new post on it too, damn, so many messages too, and you respond to all of them?"

Agostino Romano: "Yes. That's what I meant by saying twitter is not necessary. It's messy and easy to miss tweets to interact with the fans on. I had this fan club forum for a while, making things easier to communicate and know when I've responded to them. There's a staff member on here who helps me maintain the forum and the site in general."

Declan Marshall: "What about if Christian and Mark need to contact you?

Agostino Romano: "That's why there's a special SCW staff section for them so they can contact me if they need to. When they join, I said to Alessio who keeps the forum running, telling members off and being able to ban them if things get out of hand to give Christian and Mark immediate fan club access without putting fan club card number in and be staff members too."

It opened to a whole new world of fan interaction with Declan and James, something they never thought to do themselves with only knowing Facebook and twitter as the only forms of fan interaction they heard about. They didn't have a clue about forums, but James responds to the idea Agostino had for some time.

James Brown: "I can see why it's so much tidier than twitter. Yeah, it is easier to engage the fans with. Got some congrats messages there and a lot of farewells and miss you, Agostino, in your retirement from racing. Even some good luck messages from your wrestling matches too, even for your match against Miles Kasey."

Agostino Romano: "I haven't heard of him for some reason. Haven't seen him about recently."

Declan shook his head on the bit of ignorance from Agostino, saying what he said. Declan had to remind Agostino very quickly.

Declan Marshall: "Are you kidding me? Hello, the guy is a Roulette title contender, remember when he defeated Mason Alexander Vanderbilt and El Dark at Summer Xtreme Supershow?"

Agostino Romano: "Oh crap, I did forget about it. He's been so quiet though. Like if I got a title match, I'd make sure the champion takes note of it by being on camera every week to take notice of me. I don't know why Miles Kasey hasn't."

James Brown: "Every wrestler is different in preparing for title matches. I do agree with what you said though; he hasn't been seen since the supershow. Just be careful of this guy though, he's coming in the match with two wins behind him. Also, he's a high flyer too."

Agostino Romano: "Oh, I like this match already. I love how many wrestlers I've fought lately are high flyers. It makes wrestling interesting and entertaining. It's another match I will enjoy."

Agostino smiles, knowing it might just be like the match with Caleb, but Miles Kasey was on another world of dominance since he's joined SCW. It was also similar to the same situation with Caleb where he's the internet title contender, but Miles was a Roulette title contender. Agostino sighs leaving Declan to ask a question.

Declan Marshall: "What's wrong?"

Agostino Romano: "All these matches I'm having, all against title contenders. Why is this happening to me?"

James Brown: "I got to be honest with you; they are testing you out. Since you defeated Caleb Storms and went toe to toe with the new SCW title contender, they think you're ready. I know you think it's too early, but look at Miles Kasey, he had a title contention match in his second match, mainly because of his talent."

Declan Marshall: "Dude, this could be a good thing. I know it causes you stress because you're worried about being a serious champion, but the staff, they like you. The reason they are putting you in these sort of matches is that they feel you're talented. You don't have to be serious you playing and joking around is the reason you're getting these matches."

It was unusual for Agostino because it's still so strange for him, but at the same time, yet had no idea how to prepare for a wrestling title match psychically and mentally due to him never being in that situation in his career.

Agostino Romano: "If the staff like me playing around, then I'll continue to do so. Sorry, I don't know what's going on."

James Brown: "We understand it's pressure. However think of it this way, would you rather have a title shot cos you've earned it or be handed a title shot?"

Agostino Romano: "Earn it."

Declan Marshall: "That's what we wanted to hear, and we will prepare you for a title match, should it come to it. For now, focus on being you. I'm impressed you decided to use the forums for fan interaction. Far easier to keep the trolls out and far easier for wrestlers not to gain access to trolling you as well. Twitter, even if you block them, you can't control."

Agostino Romano: "I will keep being myself in the ring. That's the purpose of the forums and the fan club special section is keeping the trolls out. Plus fan club members get not only a fan club card, but they also get hats, t-shirts, stickers and a flag with their membership too. I need to respond to all these messages on my fan club section from good luck messages, fan art, poems, songs, pictures with myself and answering questions from fans."

James Brown: "We'll let you do that until tomorrow for more wrestling training with Declan."

James and Declan get up from the sofa, said goodbye to Agostino and Skittles. They both respond with their goodbyes, and they closed the hotel room door behind them, leaving Agostino to respond to his fan club members with different things posted on the forums which take him an hour to respond. He then chills out to watch a movie before heading off to sleep for the night.

-----------------------------------

Trampoline fun. Las Vegas, Nevada. Saturday 5th September. (On-Camera)

Usually, Agostino was full of ideas of knowing what to do and say, the problem was because Miles Kasey was new, he didn't know much about him, other than being a high flying wrestler, just like him and being a Roulette title contender. Agostino decided to set up a trampoline set outside of the hotel, in front of everyone as Agostino always does. Again, he wasn't like other SCW stars who do promos in front of the camera and either stand and sit in gyms or hotel rooms to talk.

Agostino wanted a fun day, and that's precisely what you get with him. Agostino stands in the middle of the trampoline with his socks off and starts to bounce on the trampoline. Once again, facing a title contender, but for the Roulette title, this time and Agostino begins to speak.

Agostino Romano: "What can I say after winning against Caleb Storms a couple of weeks ago? Shocked is the right word for it, although I had so much fun, singing during the video about Caleb Storms, even if my singing was terrible. That's the kind of fun you expect from me, not a boring guy standing and sitting in front of the camera to talk only without doing anything. I'm going nuts on this trampoline because this relates to a match against two high flyers of this company. A guy who's still relatively new to Sin City Wrestling, Miles Kasey."

The problem was Agostino had only seen two videos from Miles, and there was not much really to say about him. He continued to bounce, even doing a few stunts or two on the trampoline.

Agostino Romano: "The only thing I can say about Miles is the talent he has to be in Sin City Wrestling. He has a two-win streak coming in this match, beating Stephen Callaway, Mason Alexander Vanderbilt and El Dark. He's a high flyer with a ton of skills he can produce in the ring and has a very bright future ahead of him, especially facing against O'Malley for the Roulette title on Violent Conduct Supershow. All I have to say, is great work Miles, looking forward to facing this kid in the ring."

It was in an unusual situation for Agostino, being so limited to what to do or say, more to say as he makes a few wrestling moves like a backflip and a moonsault.

Agostino Romano: "I won't trash you as such because you haven't said or done anything wrong so far to me. But why do you feel you're an idiot for joining Sin City Wrestling? I think you can go far in your career here. We can see you're going to be a champion here without a doubt. Well, I know I'm proud to be an idiot while doing a video bouncing on the trampoline because that's who I am. I know you'll speak about motorcycle racing, but I don't care what people say because I wouldn't have fans I already have if it wasn't for that sport."

Agostino nodded, scratches his chin for a bit.

Agostino Romano: "I have had people telling me to get a twitter account, but the truth is, I don't need one. It gets too messy for me to keep up with the notifications and easily miss tweets I get from my fans and feeling I'd ignore them. So I have what you call a forum where if your a member of Agostino Romano fan club, for a small fee, you get special access to interacting with me. It's easier for me to interact with the fans than twitter is. Keeps things tidy as well. Can ask me questions, giving me messages, fan arts and fan pictures with me. Not only that, but fan club members get a t-shirt, a hat, stickers and a flag which is more than what you wrestlers do with your fans."

Of course, Agostino meant to be talking about his opponent, but there was such little info that he managed to take the time to promote how he interacts with the fans, although a bit arrogant.

Agostino Romano: "Sadly I'm one of those wrestlers who hasn't heard of Levi Russow. I'm sure he's trained you well in the ring. I mean if you can get a title match in two matches, says a lot about Levi. I agree on never stop learning in the business, heck, I'm still learning about wrestling myself, like being an idiot on this trampoline for an example with wrestling moves. We do have one thing in common though, we both beaten El Dark in matches, as well as being high flyers. It makes us fast and unpredictable."

Agostino does more of the wrestling moves on the trampoline with the crowd applauding him, or instead, the wrestlers and staff are.

Agostino Romano: "However, while I understand you may prepare for Roulette title differently, why is it you don't feel like telling O'Malley to take you seriously as a title contender? Why haven't you appeared on the shows and state your motivates for the Roulette title? I'd be bragging for the whole moon every show, to get champions like O'Malley attention as well as wrestling in the ring. I gain attention by the stuff I do on videos as well as being a former ten-time Global Bike Champion. I'd be dying to do anything to throw O'Malley off, making him distracted so you'd win the title."

Agostino shook his head while being an idiot doing all sort of moves, even a 750 twist on the trampoline and then does a frog splash and a shooting star press.

Agostino Romano: "I hope you paid attention to my match against Caleb Storms because I defeated him a couple of weeks ago and he's a title contender to Teddy Steele's title. It could happen to you if you're not careful, although I doubt you spend time talking about music. You'd be talking about me as your opponent. I will do anything it takes within the rules to defeat you in the ring because it seems I have more interest in winning titles than you do."

A quick break from talking, continuing to bounce on the trampoline, having a ton of fun on it without stopping. After doing some more moonsaults, shooting star presses and a senton splash, Agostino continues talking.

Agostino Romano: "I'm in no rush to win a wrestling title, but I did come to Sin City Wrestling to win one as well as being a motorcycle champion because nobody in the history of two sports has ever done that. American football players and MMA fighters have, and of course, wrestlers have, but not motorcycle racing. Come tomorrow night; I will pin you, Miles, I will succeed in pinning another title contender and see where things go after the match. I like to say good luck to you, but I can't because I got to get this win and advance. I have nothing to lose in this match, while you do and the pressure of being a title contender this soon will be too much for you on not being able to defeat me. I will be standing in the ring as the winner with my hands raised in the air after hitting you with my finisher. See you on Sunday, Miles."

Agostino bounces for a while, until he had to stop, being worn out as he finished speaking on video about Miles Kasey. He got out of the trampoline, being given a bottle of water by James. The crowd applauded Agostino while he puts his shoes on and leaves the trampolining place to head back in the hotel to feed his parrot, skittles and play on his PlayStation four for Moto GP 2020 game.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2020, 12:06:42 AM by Agostino Romano »

I love AJ Allmendinger.