Author Topic: Never Count Me Out  (Read 556 times)

Offline MiloKasey

• View Profile
Never Count Me Out
« on: September 04, 2020, 11:34:39 PM »
Last Friday

*SQUEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEL*

*CRASH*

“WHAT THE FUCK! ....NESS? NESS! VANESSA!”

“Mr. Kasey?...Mr. Kasey?”

Miles eyes open with a start and he looks up at the nurse that woke him up, he fixes his mask that is over his face and wipes the sleep out of his eyes, “Nessa is she?

“Ms. Wilde will be alright. She’ll have a few bumps and bruises, we suggest she use some crutches for a bit but she’s getting set to be released. I can give you a copy of her discharge orders, if you’d like.”

Miles just nods and stands up as the nurse hands him some papers. “Thank you. Um, perhaps the number of a cab company too?

“Of course, from what I understand you two were very lucky. Are you sure you won’t someone look you over? That’s a hell of a knot on your head. Or maybe someone we could call for you?”

I’m fine, just...a little banged up. And no, no one is going to give a shit. They all have things going on. I just need that cab to get us back home and go from there.

“Sure thing. She’ll be right out.”

Thanks.

She takes her leave as he just slouches back onto the seat and pulls his phone from his pocket. No charge, dead as...they almost were. They were only 15 minute from the hotel when it happened. They were out, shopping for her birthday, perfectly normal Friday afternoon.

Then, someone lost control...they were parked. And suddenly.

Hey, Milo. Wake up, you idiot.

Must of fallen asleep again. Can’t you keep your eyes open for more than 5 minutes, jackass?

When he opens his eyes, this time he finds himself laying in a hospital bed.

What the-?” He scans around the room and looks right at Nessa Wilde. Big brown eyes, crazy brown hair staring at him.

About time, you scared me to death.” she said with a sad smile on her face.

What am I doing back here? I was waiting for you.

Yeah, and then about 30 minutes later we came out and couldn’t wake you.

That’s new...what did they find?

Well, they scanned your head....it wasn’t empty like you thought.

Well, Mack will lose that bet. I knew I had something sloshing around there.

They think you may have had a mild concussion but exhaustion is the main thing they are saying.

Fuck...well...maybe I...

I already called the powers that be at SCW, told them everything. They canceled your match for this week...” Miles goes to yell and she cuts him off with her hand across his mouth, “And no they will not reconsider it.

He pushes her hand away, “DAMMIT NESS! That was a huge match for me!

Yeah I know, but your life is far more important right now. You are ordered to take a few days off, rest and then they will run you through the protocol before they let you back into the ring. BOTH promotions said so.

He just sighs and flops back a bit, “Oh, lovely. My career may be fucked cause of this...

YOUR LIFE IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN A FUCKING WRESTLING MATCH MILES KASEY!” Miles blue grey eyes go wide with shock as Nessa uses her crutches to stand up and tower over him, “I know this is hard to understand right now, but I rather you and I get better and get back on our feet than you worrying about Austin, SCW and whatever the fuck else. Okay?

Miles almost shrinks at her imposing but small force, with a slight pout on his face, “Yes ma’am

Nessa carefully sits back down, still glaring at him like he was a child acting bad, “Good. Hopefully we’ll get released here soon. These chairs suck.

He smirks at her for a moment before readjusting himself in the bed, “Should have just had them bring your bed in here then we could be somewhat uncomfortable together.

Har har, seriously though, how are you?

I should be asking you the same. The car is done for, I know that.” Miles reaches up and touches the knot on his head with a wince.

She reaches up and pulls his hand away from him, “Don’t do that. The officer stopped by to see us, he told me the dude was drunk. Found out he was here...needless to say they locked the door to his room so I wouldn’t shove my crutches up his ass.

That’s my girl. I’ll be fine though, I used to put my head through worse when Mack and I were being idiots back home.” he stares at her waiting for her to answer him back.

I’m fine.” she says but sighs, “I’ve seen some shit in my day but never...

Miles sets up in bed and grabs her hand, “Hey, we’re alive. That is all that matters. I’ll possibly face Austin in the future but for now, let’s just be grateful for the fact that we still have our lives. Alright?

Alright.

Silence fills the room for a moment before he looks over at her, “Hey Ness...I got perhaps the stupidest question to ask you when we get out of here...

5 days Later

Concussion protocol.

Results came back with a mild concussion from the hospital so he found himself being watched closely by the trainers. Watching for any signs of dizziness...feels like they are watching him like a hawk.

Jokes on them. I’ve been dizzy all my life.

So he indulged them. From bottom to top, he showed all of them that he was more than capable of being back in that ring. He had a lot of anger to work out after what had happened to them a week previous. Losing that chance at the match against Mercer had been the biggest kick in the balls after losing his car that Nessa worked hard on. Almost losing Nessa had fucked with him too. He had been ready, it was supposed to be simple for them and instead her birthday turned into a giant clustercuss of epic proportions. He stayed quiet on his social media, he didn’t want to explain it, no one made a big deal about it as requested.

Then why is he ready to just kick everyone’s heads off?

The trainers gave him the thumbs up and left him to cool down and almost take in the ring. “I will never take you for granted ever again, old friend.

Since Summer Xxxtreme, getting his contendership for the Roulette Championship, he’s been watching from the sidelines. He knows O’Malley is waiting for him to pop up and fuck up, he wasn’t going to give him the satisfaction. Agustino Romano had his work cut out for him this week because he’d be damned if he walked into that big match without going down without a fight.

The kid liked to drive in circles and turn heads. After what happened, Milo was gonna shove a stick in the kid’s wheel and watch him crash and burn.

Nothing personal kid. The chip on my shoulder has gotten twice as big now that I almost shuffled loose the mortal coil.

He’ll be damned if he sits on the sidelines anymore, it’s an impact they want...after the impact he just dealt with.

They ain’t gotten a full load of me yet.

Milo fancily exits the ring over the top rope and lands it properly and turns towards the camera and gives a wink before grabbing his bag and exiting the room.