Author Topic: Endeavor XX  (Read 507 times)

Offline Mercedes Vargas

• View Profile
    • Mercedes Vargas
Endeavor XX
« on: August 28, 2020, 11:58:13 PM »
Blog: Almighty Fire
semana del 23 al 30 de agosto de 2 0 2 0

Victory is sweetest when you've known defeat. I've been on the other side of it too. I've been in promotions where I've gone on months-long undefeated streaks because nobody could touch me. Those were days where victories would just be the norm, less satisfying, and less enjoyable. Who wants to be unbeatable anyway? Big fish in a small pond or big fish in a bigger pond.

I forgot the pond and just aimed for the ocean. That's why I came to Sin City Wrestling, and it was the best decision I could have made for myself. Loyalty counts, longevity counts. I check both of those boxes.

Don't get me wrong, it was sweetest knowing the grueling training and preparation it took to obtain the victory was worth it. Last week was a perfect example. Bea Barnhart, she's got a mouth on her, but I like her entrance theme and Pat Benatar is life.

So it goes without saying that Bea begged to hit her with my best shot. So I did.

Mercy Shot. 1-2-3. And down...goes...Barnhart!

It doesn't get any easier than that.

As much as I would love to pat myself on the back some more, I really don't have time to celebrate because whatever small victory I had last week pales in comparison to what's ahead this week.

So Violent Conduct is less than a month away and a huge battle royal has been made to determine who will challenge Evie Jordan for the World Bombshell Championship. Well, SCW seems to think so anyway. Evie has her next title defense in the bag this weekend at Climax Control - if Violet Amelia Holt speaks for all of the Bombshells in terms of stepping up to the plate, than what does that say about the locker room? - and she's been making a list and checking it twice. Before her match with Bea, Evie will know who she takes on next at the supercard, and there's plenty of names to choose from in this battle royal.

And I guess this is the part where I state my case as to why I should win this shindig and why I'm the best and everyone else is a distant second.

Hey, even I'm not THAT delusional but I can't speak for everyone in this battle royal. You just need to see for yourself the characters who are going to try their damnedest to win this thing. 

Andrea and Alicia are looking for redemption. Candy, Maki, and Bea want to be first-time champions. Jessie, Keira, and Kate want to stop being looked at as perennial failures in world title matches.

Me? I just want to eliminate as many people as I can, get the first flight out of Vegas and somehow make it home by bedtime. I mean, because, that's what I'm all about right?

'Mercedes should retire! She's old, washed-up, a has-been, just an empty shell of herself!'

Nothing in this world lasts forever, and yet, they honestly think they can force me out. Bobbie Dahl gave me a concussion that nearly ended my career. That only motivated me to come back. Disses and put-downs just isn't going to cut it. I'll retire whenever I feel like it, and there's not a damn thing any of you can do about it. Whether you like it or not, you're just going to have to put up with me and deal with it.

It seems like my win over Bea Barnhart didn't change much about her attitude. Given that a few of the girls in this match already beat her in the past, you would think Bea would tune it down just a little. Nope. Well, sometimes you just let the trash take itself out.

Jessie Salco may have had success in SCW, but she never seems to catch on that she should maybe shy away from taunting and mocking wrestlers like Maki, if only for her own safety. I guess that all changed last week when she went on Twitter to talk herself out of the title match simply because of who is in it.

*Cue record scratch, freeze frame narration in Jessie's promo any moment now...*

I get why Jason Adams is scared of Maki but then again, he's afraid of his own shadow. Salco must love being a glutton for punishment.

The Bombshells Division arguably has the best talent around. And there a few times we outshine even the Superstars. Jessie Salco may be a blithering idiot, but she's our blithering idiot.

We honestly don't deserve her.

This match doesn't deserve her because I think eight women already know where Jessie's likely to end up, especially if Maki gets her hands on her.

If Jessie needed some advice on how to keep Maki away, all she had to do was ask. I've dealt with Maki before and it's as easy as pouring a line of salt on the ring apron, thus blocking her from entering, and saying "the power of Christ compels you!"

And if all else fails, I hope Jessie's trained in Slayer and don't leave her stakes at the door. 

Everyone else, I'll fill you guys in. I'll have a PowerPoint, it'll be some Spark notes, it'll be good.

It's that simple.

What's not simple is Alicia Lukas. As much as Alicia wants to claim that she wants to work her way back to contention, only an idiot would actually believe the words that come out of her mouth when the truth is SCW has always been in her corner. It wasn't too long ago when Kris was SCW. He's old hat now. Alicia is the new hood ornament of not just the women's division, but the entire company. Some may say I'm saying this out of anger, resentment, maybe even jealousy, of what I don't know. When you're that damn good, you don't have room to be jealous or have no need to hate. I'm more than content at this stage of my career that I don't have to be a charity case like Keira Fisher-Johnson when it comes to title matches. I think my success speaks for itself, but don't tell that to Alicia because she will find a way to make whatever you've done in your career look like peanuts compared to her.

And here I thought people from the South were supposed to be humble.  For someone who calls herself a Southern belle, she sure doesn't act like it. Where's the Southern hospitality, the warm, enchanting, down-to-earth vibe I hear so much about? I don't think I've ever heard Alicia say a kind word to anybody. And the arrogance. My God, the arrogance!

Where are your manners, Violet LeAnn Alicia Maxwell? That is no way for a lady to act. I think it's time for an intervention. If there was any time Samantha Marlowe was useful, maybe she could reeducate our Georgia Peach on finding her roots.

It's necessary.

Maki can wear her stupid facepaint and continue her smoke-and-mirrors in making us think any of us take her seriously. Kate can change into her alterego and think she'll break that glass ceiling in her career. Keira and Candy can think happy thoughts and sprinkle fairy dust.

So, what, you're guaranteeing you're going to become number one contender, Mercedes?

No. I guarantee the pursuit of it, and it won't end on Sunday in a typical battle royal if I don't win.   

The fastest runner doesn’t always win the race, the strongest warrior doesn’t always win the battle. The wise do not always earn a living, and the skillful are not necessarily rich. Smart people don’t always lead successful lives. This battle royal, like that of life, is all decided by chance, by being in the right place at the right time.

Luck, good and bad, happens to everyone.

Unlike all of you Sunday, I don't need luck. I'm already good.

Long before you knew and long after you remember.

~~~

S A N T A M O N I C A • C A L I F O R N I A

The proverbial dog days of Summer was almost over, which only meant that autumn is on its way. For Mercedes, it was a needed change in what has gone in a valley of darkness that seemed to have no end. Already 12 matches into 2020 since the calendar flipped to August, she was hoping that last week was a sign of things to come for the first time in a long time.

It's been a long, at times frustrating, journey back to championship contention for Mercedes. This was an unusual year, not just for Mercedes but for all of SCU, SCW, and GRIME. And yet maybe, just, maybe things are turning the corner.

For the first time in months, fans were allowed back in arenas, the first sign of normalcy. She was hoping it wouldn't stop there.

Mercedes had her chance to put away Christina Rose at Summer XXXtreme VIII but it was not to be. Even after they went their seperate ways, Mercedes wasn't sure if this was truly the end of their rivalry.

It didn't help that Christina had gotten the better of Mercedes  again and the walk back through the concourse and leaving the arena after an emotional, drama-filled match didn't make things easier.

Last week though was the breakthrough she was waiting for. This week victory won't be so easy.

Then again, she never wanted it to be.

Mercedes steps back for a minute as a group of kids run pasts her. Mercedes continues walking and talking with Irma and Ricardo, dividing her attention between the ground and looking ahead. The orange glow bathes on the city.

Mercedes: I've been doing a lot of thinking lately about the World Bombshell Championship. I've been out of the title picture for God knows how long. It's almost insulting. I can't...I can't do this anymore.

Irma: Now you're talking crazy. This might be the only chance you'll ever be a world champion again.

Mercedes: I'm good enough to win every championship in the division, I'm good enough to win back the Bombshells Championship, the right way, which I did.

Ricardo: Who says you can't do it again?

Mercedes: If winning the Bombshell Championship was easy, everybody would be one. The problem with that logic is not everybody will have lucked out like I did. Now I know how people felt about Amy winning the lottery for her title shot.

There's a thin line between conviction and stubbornness, and the latter have been associated with Mercedes, more often than not. She next heads out to the balcony where we find laundry hanging above a courtyard.

Irma: Some people get wet, some people enjoy the rain.

Mercedes: Confucius?

Irma: Roger Miller.

Ricardo: I've got jury duty in the morning. Come with?

With a knowing smile, Mercedes mouths "sorry", shrugs, and turns away, leaving the her friends to stare after her.

~~~

L O S A N G E L E S • C A L I F O R N I A

It's Not Whether You Win or Lose: Gatekeeper the Seventeenth: Mentiras, Malditas Mentiras (Lies, Damned Lies..., Part II)

[REC]

"Some things are better left unsaid, but you can bet I'm going to say it anyway. I can't help being who I am."

The camera tilts upward, showing Mercedes Vargas sitting cross-legged at a patio table in front of the legendary mural wall here at Carrera Cafe located in a high foot traffic corner across the also legendary Paul Smith Pink Wall. The murals rotate regularly, and can even be seen in movies.

"You know, the funny thing is when I look at the names in this battle royal, I see former champions, future champions, and wannabe-champions. When it comes to the names in this match, my personal feelings are irrelevant and I have gone on record letting my feelings known about some of those names in the past.

"I could have easily did what Samantha Marlowe did last week too. I could mention the fact that I've held 12 championships in my time in SCDub and am the only wrestler male or female with double-digit title reigns. I've held the World Bombshell Championship twice, I made history as the first two-time Bombshell Roulette Champion in 2014 and now I will go down in history as the first four-time champion. Not only have I held the World Mixed Tag Team Championship, but I was the first two-time champion with Kain. Oh, and I was the first two-time World Bombshell Tag Team Champion with Traci Patterson when that title was active. Did I mention that I am the only four-time female Triple Crown Winner and the second and only two-time Grand Slam Champion ever? Or that I am the fastest female Grand Slam Champion of all-time? No? Well, it bears repeating. But I'm not going to do that because I know you're all just so plum tired of hearing me go on ad nauseum about my accomplishments. It's okay, I know I set the bar a little too high for any of you to reach, but it does leave me intrigued. Now, I am the bar.

"Many are called but few are chosen. There will be those who criticized my career. There will be those who question if I'm ready to be the hood ornament of the women's division. There will be those who doubt how long I'll stay in the division. And then there will be me ready to prove them wrong. And for the last seven years, I love doing just that."

Mercedes swipes a hand over her face. The once proud smile she had has transformed into a serious expression. It was time to address the matter of the opponents that stood across her from her in a serious light.

"This battle royal? Not the end of the world for me. Unlike most of you, there's nothing in this for me. You all used to doubt if I could win my first ever championship. You wondered if I would crumble when I had another shot at the World Bombshell Championship after my first reign is was one big asterisk in the history books, thanks to Christina and her then-58th husband all those years ago. You probably never thought that I would be the only woman to win EVERY FUCKING CHAMPIONSHIP THIS COMPANY HAD TO OFFER. Now you know.

Wind in my hair, worries behind me. I have nothing to prove to anyone anymore. Not to you, Alicia. Not to you, Maki. Not to Keira, Andrea, Kate. You're all looking to climb that ladder. Some people will never get knocked off that ladder. Most of you already reached that limit when you get there. I don't have limits.

I don't need glass slippers or a pumpkin carriage because I not your typical Cinderella darling. I doubt I'm even the favorites in this thing. The doubters, critics and naysayers made their choice. What does that make me, a loser? I'm being doubted, disrespected, counted out. That ever happen to you?

You talk about my age all you want, you have fun with that. It won't change the fact that none of you will ever surpass my legacy.

“So do your worst, bring your worst. Matter of fact, bring your best too. Bring everything that you have. Come Sunday, don’t come looking for me, I’ll be waiting for all of you.”

Mercedes speaks a tangent of Spanish, before she stops herself short.

"So you can understand. And for those who speak English and Spanish: Que Dios se apiade de tu alma, porque yo no lo haré.

May God have mercy on your soul because I won't.

"Estar preparado para lo peor, esperar lo mejor."
"Prepare for the worst, hope for the best."

She pauses for effect, lowering her voice just above a whisper.

"Y que la suerte está siempre en su favor.”
"And may the odds be ever in your favor."

***Fade***

>
SCW ACCOMPLISHMENTS
2x SCW Hall of Famer (Class of 2018, Class of 2022)
World Bombshell Champion (x2)
Bombshell Roulette Champion (x4)
Bombshell Internet Champion 
World Bombshell Tag Team Champion (x3; w/Traci Patterson (x2) and Delia Darling (x1)
World Mixed Tag Team Champion (x3; x2 w/Kain, x1 w/Goth)
Third Bombshell SCW Triple Crown Champion (6th SCW Triple Crown Champion overall)
First-ever and only 2x, 3x and 4x Bombshell Triple Crown Champion in SCW history (most ever by a female wrestler)
Second Bombshell Grand Slam Champion (4th SCW Grand Slam Champion overall)
SCW Year-End Award Winner: 2014 Feud of the Year (Mean Girls vs SCW Bombshells roster)
Queen for a Day winner (December 2 Dismember 2015, inaugural)