Author Topic: Some Things Are Always Better  (Read 545 times)

Offline BellaMadison

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
Some Things Are Always Better
« on: August 21, 2020, 10:50:12 PM »
Things You Don’t Know

22 years ago, May 5th, 1998, I was born to a 16 year old teenager. Complications arose and while she was whisked away to surgery, I was taken and given to a couple that I thought for the first 10 years of my life was my parents. All because my grandfather thought that my birth would taint the family name.

I know, sounds like some cheesy fucking day-time soap opera storyline...but it’s what happened.

I was raised by David and Marcia Miller, in a suburbia town right outside of New Orleans, LA. David, who worked for my grandfather insisted on knowing the name my mother would have given me had she been able to keep me. The name Elizabeth Marie carried along, they even called me Bella, just like she would have. Found out later, that was at my grandfather’s insistence, which...weird I know, but it was like he was still trying to keep the connection to the O’Neil’s, just in case he ever turned into the Grinch on Christmas Day and his heart grew three sizes. Funny story that...but I’ll return to that in just a minute.

David and Marcia, couldn’t have kids of their own. Marcia, the woman that raised me for the first years of my life, had cancer in her early 20s that took away any chance of that happening. She beat it, for a while ,but then when I was 8, the cancer came back quickly and spread fast and it wasn’t even a year before she was gone. Just me and the man I knew as my father, both taking care of the other, so if you ever wonder why I’m a bit of a tomboy, it's because of this man. He got me into the world of wrestling...my favorite was Laura Phoenix....little did I know.

A little girl though, missing her mom...I’d find myself looking at pictures all the time and some will always say how I was too smart for my own good and began to ask questions. That’s when dad told me the truth, that I was adopted. The problem was my birth mother didn't think that I was even amongst the living.

Somewhere between that revelation and sometime after my 12th birthday, my grandfather confessed everything and I was brought back to my birth mom.

The reason for this entire confession??? Because before that, I was taunted relentlessly for being different. Kids can be fucking relentless. When word got out that I was adopted? OOF some of them were downright brutal. So when Mikah and Kris Ryans go out of their way to insult myself and Malachi, majority of the time I will let their High School bullshit roll off my back.

We couldn’t even get 24 fucking hours into our win though, before they started in on their shit. Oh yeah, I saw you two assholes on twitter already claiming your steak that you were automatic number one contenders.

Cause it’s that easy.

I’m not gonna let bullies push us around like that. Not anymore. This time, we’re at the top and we’re gonna shove back.

Something Betters

Just look! I swear, this site has some of the best wedding invitations I have ever seen, you can even create your own designs and they will print them up,” a female voice perked up through the laptop that sat in front of Bella. Bella however was frustrated just a tad because she brought this pain on herself giving Alanah ‘Maid of Honor’ duties. She leans back and covers her face with a pillow, trying to keep from screaming.

Lanah! We haven’t even picked a date or a location yet! Once Mal and I figure that out then we can worry about invitations. You’re putting the cart in front of the horse, girl.” Bella says with a smile on her face, “I’ll check it out but between the parties, the media craziness and this, I just want one day where I’m not talking about this. Okay?

Alright, I will relent for now. But please, just glance at it, let me know and that’ll just be something small crossed off the list. And tell Candy she is not stealing my thunder! I am...how’d you put it BFOTB???

Bella just hangs her head in defeat. “FIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIINE!

Awesome! You have fun on whatever it is you two have planned today and I’ll talk to you later.

Before Bella can even retort the video call hangs up, “YOUR SISTER IS GOING TO DRIVE ME CRAZY!!!!

Like she hasn’t already?” Mal speaks up from the kitchen area. “And from my experience, that’s a short trip.

Har har. Asshole.” Bella stands up and stretches, “She went on for an HOUR about those damn invites. I have been planted in that spot for that long and am now hangry.

You’re the one that asked her.” he says sliding a sandwich over to her, “But I was ready.

Awwww, you take such good care of me.” she says slinking up to him and giving him a kiss.

I do what I can.” Just then the sound of another video call chimes from the computer and they both groan and slump in exhaustion from it all, “What part of “Do Not Disturb” do people not get?

I don’t know, but if that Satan, you can tell him the statute of limitations on the offer to sell my soul lapsed last night.” she says grabbing the sandwich off the plate and taking a big bite so she can avoid this round.

Oh, that's why you were calling out to God last night?” Mal says as she pushes him away. He laughs as he walks over to the computer and looks down, “Love, you expecting a call from David Miller?

Bella’s eyes light up as she runs from the kitchen into the computer and hops right in front of it and hits the ‘Accept’ button, “DAD?!?!

HEY! There she is!!!” an older gentleman sits on the other side of the call, “How are you, kid?

Exhausted but I can’t believe you are doing a video call! You could barely turn on a computer last I knew.

Well you can thank my assistant for that one. She helped me get it all hooked up since I can’t come visit you. Is that Malachi there with you?

Bella looks behind her as Mal looks over her shoulder and gives him a slight wave, “That’s him! Mal you remember David right?

Yes I do. Good to see you again, sir.” Mal says with a slight nod, “I’ll leave you to this, as soon as you're done we’ll head out.

Okay,” Bella says, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek, obviously happy that she’s seeing the first man to help raise her.

Oh, don’t let me hold you up. I’m sure you two have lots to still do with your wedding planning.

Bella sighs and looks at her first dad, “Dad, I barely get to see you, let alone talk to you. We’re taking the day away from it but I will never be too busy to talk to you. So, tell me about this assistant of yours. Grandpa hook you up?

“Something like that, but that’s not why I called. I wanted to make sure you were doing alright with this whole success thing that you’ve been dealing with.

Dad.” Bella’s tone being a little on the warning side, ever so edging with a ‘Not Again’ tone.

Now Bella, don’t think I don’t know that the success you now found hasn’t led to some criticism. In fact I hear you are heading in to a match this week that may or may not lead to another match. I know how hard you push yourself to be the best, but...

Bella sighs cause it’s true, she pushed herself to be the best in school, only to be torn down for being a nerd, or a tomboy or when the news got out about the truth of her being adopted, she only turned around and pushed herself harder, “Yeah and we’re still going to do what we can to stay that way. We worked our asses off for that win at Summer Xxxtreme against Wolfslair and we’ll show that same damn work ethic against Black Sheep. They didn’t even give us a day til they started laying their claim to the belts, to just let us enjoy the moment. It’s strange because I sorta like Kris. He’s funny, when he wants to be, he actually gave Mal and I a bit of respect in backing off to let us have that two-on-two match. But Mikah...man, I don’t know what it is about her but every alarm goes off around her with me. But them calling us Bitch and Moan?

That’s what I was talking about. I know how much stuff like that can get to you after a while. You’ve never been one to put up with the childish name calling. I seem to recall you almost getting suspended when you were 10.

Yeah, and I won’t change, ever. I could probably come up with 20-something better things for them to call us.” Bella smirks, “Either way, if they think for an instant that they’re name calling is going to get to me or to Mal...then they really need to step their game up because talking about it only gets you so far.

Just keep making yourselves that much better. Work as much as you possibly can, keep learning. You guys have so much to benefit from, don’t just settle on what you already have.

That’s exactly the plan, I learned from you after all.” Bella said smirking with her head resting on her fist.

Oh I’m sure Laura, Nick and the whole damn crew had something to say about that too.

She stops and thinks and shrugs, “Yeah, but you were the first. If it wasn’t for you, I wouldn’t be the strong tomboy geek that loves to sass just about anyone that lets me.

We hear a voice off to the side of David that catches his attention, “Alright, tell them to give me a few.” he turns his attention back to Bella, “Look sweetie, I have to go but keep me updated on those wedding plans of yours and I will be there for you.

Okay, dad, I love you. Let’s try and plan one of these again soon?

Sounds perfect, maybe I can get my assistant to set up something for me at home. Til then, tell your mom I said hello, love you and be safe.

Love you too, dad. Talk to you soon.” The call ends and Bella just sits back with a bright smile on her face.