Author Topic: Putting Down Barnhardt  (Read 475 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Putting Down Barnhardt
« on: August 14, 2020, 09:32:23 PM »
Tuesday August 4th- 3 A.M
Home Sweet Home- Quarantine No More!
Las Vegas, Nevada

Finally. After spending the last few months quarantining in the Saxon Hotel due to Covid-19 restrictions set in place by all of the bosses in SCW, SCU and GRIME, the restrictions have now been eased and everyone was free to return to their homes if they chose to do so. And while the world, and the United States in particular, was still in the midst of the pandemic, lockdowns were easing and things were trending towards the “new normal.” And that was something everyone was still trying to figure out.

Prior to covid-19, not much was known about where exactly O’Malley and Darcy called home. It was obvious they had chosen to move to the United States once he returned to his wrestling career, but for the last several months, they had never spoken much about it, as they were more than happy with the “home away from home” that had quickly been sprung on them. It was a break from having to keep up with the everyday maintenance of their home, but it is now time to get back to reality. Which, surprisingly, is not very far from the Saxon Hotel, right here in Las Vegas.

Their home wasn’t as extravagant as others had in SCW or SCU. It was modest more than anything, but they didn’t need much. A one story home with three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a finished basement was really all they felt they needed- even though it is just the two of them for now. That could very well change in the coming months, but that all remained to be sorted out. They were just glad to be back in the privacy of their own home to celebrate O’Malley’s victorious Supernova and Summer XXXtreme weekend on board the Sun Princess Cruise ship.

Before announcing the secret that they had been secretly married for the last two years to the entire SCW universe, they had planned on celebrating their anniversary in the quiet and privacy of their mini-suite. As unfortunate luck would have it, now former World Heavyweight Champion Ben Jordan and current GRIME World Nightmare Champion, Max Burke, were in rooms on either side of O’Malley and Darcy and they would not allow the two a quiet night. Nor would they allow them a quiet final night to celebrate O’Malley’s Roulette Championship win. Needless to say, much of the last twelve hours or so has been spent properly celebrating with no interruptions.

At the present moment, however, as Darcy lays fast asleep in their bed, O’Malley isn’t in the bed with her. He’s seated on their loveseat on the opposite side of the room, watching her sleep. His SCU Underground and SCW Roulette Championship belts are placed on the vanity dresser, and he glances at them every so often. Everything was finally starting to work out with his life. He is a double champion making waves in both brands. He has a beautiful wife of two years and they are back in their home. And while he didn’t have Owen back in his life yet, he was fast working on that situation and eventually, that would all fall into place as well. So why, as he looks at Darcy, does something feel off?

There was something she wasn’t telling him, he thought. He had no proof, and for the most part she acted as she normally did, but every once in a while, he got the sense that there was something he didn’t know. Whether it be a quick look she had in her eyes, or a moment like he was just about to witness, he knew there was something.

O’Malley hadn’t told Darcy this, but there were moments where she would cry or even talk in her sleep. Moments like right now when she started to toss and turn in her sleep. She rolled over onto her back, and started to cry and talk under her breath. O’Malley couldn’t work out what she was saying, but she needed him. So he quickly stands up and heads over to the bed. He slowly climbs into bed, trying not to wake her as he scoots in close to her.

O’Malley: Shhh, love. I’m here, love.

He runs his hand through her hair, but she’s still restless from the nightmare she is having. If only he could see into her dreams, he would understand better. If only she would tell him.

Darcy: Baby...Baby…

It was a single word repeated just a few times. O’Malley thought about what was troubling her, and the only thing that came to mind with the word baby was how badly she wanted them to have one. She had expressed it many times over the last couple of months, but he thought they had come to an understanding. They would build their family eventually, but the present time wasn’t the right time to do so. But why was it bothering her so much in waiting? He couldn’t help but think there was more to it. More that he needed to know. And he needed to find a way for her to open up to him.

As he tried to comfort her quietly, she suddenly jumped and sat up straight in bed, her nightmare having woken her up. She looked around in a panic, and when she saw O’Malley was wide away, she buried her head in her hands, and took in a few deep breaths trying to calm herself down.

Darcy: Damn it. I...I’m sorry, my love. I didn’t mean to wake you like that.

O’Malley: Ye didn’t wake me, love. I was already awake. Ye were havin’ some kinda nightmare, huh?

Darcy looked at him, confused. Or, so she tried to put off that she was confused, but there was that nagging feeling again that she was about to withhold something from him.

Darcy: What? Oh, it was nothing. I don’t even really remember what it was now. I’m fine, but why were you awake?

O’Malley scoots in closer to her again, and she does the same. He wraps his arm around her as she cuddles in close to him, immediately feeling better and more relaxed.

O’Malley: Just alot on me mind, love. But I think I could get some sleep now, if yer ok anyway. Ye sure ye don’t remember that nightmare?

Darcy shakes her head. She was lying. He knew she was, but he was giving her the time she needed to speak to him.

Darcy: I’m sure. If I could remember, I would tell you. Besides, I’m better now that I’m in your arms. That must have been why I was having a nightmare if you weren’t asleep next to me.

He let out a sigh and just nodded as the two got more comfortable in bed, ready to fall back asleep for the remainder of the night. He loved this woman with all his heart, and to think there was something troubling her that he didn’t know? Well, that alone just broke his, but he would never pressure her to say what it was. She had to be ready.

And he felt that he would know sooner rather than later…

FLASHBACK
Dublin, Ireland
Early 2015

O’Malley was about to be hit with a serious dose of “I told ya so” from everyone he would come into contact with now that he was back home in Ireland. Things didn’t work out with Misty, despite thinking they would. They almost had, but as fate would have it, Misty couldn’t even remember her own life now thanks to a brutal attack that left her with full amnesia. And O’Malley just couldn’t keep fighting for the Misty he fell in love with to return, when that may never happen.

So he left. He gave Misty the space she needed, and flew back home to Ireland. But damn, did that hurt. Especially after the decisions he made to be with Misty in the first place. And to have it all go down the way it had? Maybe he deserved it. Darcy would have moved on by now anyway. At least he hoped. He would just have to find a way to be alone and move on with his own life while both of the women he ever saw himself spending the rest of his life with, were moving on with theirs.

He hasn’t been back in Ireland for long, and he’s about to return to his favorite spot...Tommy’s Pub. He hadn’t seen the owner, Tommy, in several months and it was high time he caught up with him and the local gossip. He just hoped his return would be better received than he thought it was going to be.

O’Malley: Hey! Tommy Boy-O! Guess who’s back, fella?!

O’Malley burst through the door and into the pub, making a grand entrance. Only a few people were there, and all eyes turned towards him. Tommy was standing behind the bar and as he laid eyes on O’Malley he threw his towel down and leaned against the bar on the palms of his hands.

Tommy: Ye’ve gotta be shiting me! O’Malley, what the hell are ye doin’ back here?!

O’Malley cracks a smile as he walks up to the bar, sitting in his favorite spot.

O’Malley: Ye know me, Tommy. Can’t stay away from this place forever. I thought fer sure ye’d have sold this place by now.

Tommy shakes his head. O’Malley doesn’t even need to tell him what he wants, and Tommy pours him a pint of his favorite Irish beer. He sets it down in front of O’Malley.

Tommy: Not quite yet, O’Malley. And what I meant was I thought ye had quite the life fer yerself in America. How’s that Misty lass doin’? She with ye?

O’Malley quickly looks down at his drink, his smile fading. He goes quiet and Tommy takes that as a clue that things weren’t so well.

Tommy: I guess not. That’s a shame, fella. Ye were so sure things would work out with her, and ye had to end things with Darcy like ye did. Makes ye look like a…

O’Malley: Yeah, yeah. I know, Tommy. I’m an arse. I’m payin’ fer me mistakes now. Misty’s gonna go on and be with someone else, and Darcy’s no doubt moved on and found someone who—

Tommy starts shaking his head and O’Malley stops.

Tommy: Guess again idgit. Ye broke that woman’s spirit. She’s been a mess to deal with ever since ye left.

O’Malley: Yer jokin’ me, right? I know what I did was wrong, Tommy, but there ain’t no way Darcy hasn’t moved on by—

The sound of the door bursting open is heard, interrupting O’Malley. Tommy’s eyes dart to behind him and when O’Malley spins around, he's given full proof that what Tommy said was true. Darcy was standing in the doorway, looking a shell of her former self. She takes one look at O’Malley and her nostrils flare. But she stands frozen in place for a moment. As O’Malley stands up, she spins around and rushes right back out the door and O’Malley goes after her.

Tommy: Oi! That’s not such a good idea, O’Malley! Ye might want to leave her be!

O’Malley: I know what I’m doin’, Tommy. Mind yer business!

O’Malley chases after Darcy quickly. She’s not running, but walking briskly away from the pub, trying to get away from it, and O’Malley.

O’Malley: Darcy! Wait! Geez, would ye stop!

Darcy: I’ve got nothing to say to you, O’Malley. I don’t know what you’re doing here but—

O’Malley finally catches up to her. He catches her hand and stops them both, spinning her around so she faces him. But she refuses to make eye contact. Seeing her up close breaks him even more.

O’Malley: What are ye doin’, Darcy? I...I know things didn’t end on good terms, but that was all my fault. What are ye doin’?

Darcy: What the hell do you mean, what am I doing? I’m trying to get away from you, because I don’t want to see you. You’re a piece of shit, Shane O’Malley!

Ouch. She called him by his first name. She never did that, because he hated it, but he wasn’t about to scold her for it. He knew she had a point.

O’Malley: Christ...ye should’ve moved on by now, Darc! I know fer a fact that there’s fellas around here that woulda killed me if it meant bein’ with you!

Darcy: I don’t care! And why do you give a shit?! You did this to me, O’Malley! You left me for that American trash so you don’t get to worry about me or what I am or am not doing! But, let me guess, things didn’t work out with her and you expect me to just come running back to you though, right?

He shakes his head.

O’Malley: No, things didn’t work out with her. It’s...complicated. But, I also don’t expect ye to come running back to me. I wasn’t even planning on reachin’ out to ye until ye burst through that door lookin’ the way ye did. What the hell happened to ye?

Darcy: YOU happened to me, O’Malley! You made me fall for you, and want a future with you, and then you up and left me for a woman you barely even know! You destroyed me! You killed….my spirit! I hate you! Do you hear me?! I HATE YOU!

She lashes out at him, punching him in his chest repeatedly. It’s not enough to really hurt him, but he lets her do it. He lets her hit him as much as she needs, because he did this to her. He broke her heart and if she needed to beat him, then so be it. After several shots, though, she breaks down crying and nearly collapses. But he catches her and he pulls her in close, letting her cry and sob into his chest for as long as she needs.

April 4th, 2015

Life in Ireland was just getting back to normal for O’Malley. At least, the normal that he experienced before he knew Misty. He and Darcy were just starting to work things out and move forward with possibly rekindling their relationship. Neither wanted to rush things, but it was a work in progress that both were starting to feel a sense of happiness about.

But then fate dealt O’Malley another blow. And it was just within the last couple of hours. Misty had shown up in Ireland out of the blue, revealing that all of her memories had returned, but that was not why she was here. She had even bigger news for O’Malley.

She was carrying their child.

It was a turn of events that neither had seen coming, and Misty had made it clear she didn’t expect anything from O’Malley. She just wanted him to know, and if she had to raise their child alone, she would. But O’Malley wouldn’t allow that. He needed to do right by their child, and he would.

He just had to break the news to Darcy. And in doing so, perhaps break her heart all over again. He was hoping it wouldn’t be as bad this time around, because they weren’t even back together, but it didn’t make the situation any easier.

Darcy is just walking out of her apartment building when O’Malley is walking in, and the two come face to face. Darcy smiles as she looks at him, surprised to see him.

Darcy: Hey, I was just leaving to come see you. What are you doing here?

He felt sick to his stomach for what he was about to do to her again. He couldn’t even think of how to begin, and his mouth just opened as he tried to speak.

Darcy: What? What is it?

O’Malley: Christ...I don’t know how to say this…

He soon figured out that he didn’t need to. Her smile faded and she took a step back.

Darcy: It’s her, isn’t it? She’s back…

His eyes blinked for a moment and all he could do was nod. She stepped back even further, now angry. He had hoped to find a better way to tell her, but the words just blurted out.

O’Malley: She’s pregnant, Darc. She’s havin’ my kid. I...I gotta do right by them…

Darcy’s jaw dropped and she just stared at him in complete shock. He stepped towards her, but she held up her hands and pointed at him.

Darcy: Get the hell out of here. Get the hell away from me, O’Malley!

O’Malley: Ye gotta understand that I had no idea...I wasn’t expectin’ this and neither was she!

Darcy: Get away from me! I don’t give a shit about her or that bastard child she’s carrying! You make me sick! Drop dead, O’Malley!

And with those last hurtful words, Darcy turned around and ran back inside. She didn’t run up to her apartment right away, though. She couldn’t. She just stood inside the main door and cried, out of O’Malley’s sight, as he turned and started to walk away. It was at that moment that he was going to cross the street, without looking, and a car was speeding down the road and hit him. The sound of his body hitting the car and the screams from bystanders caught Darcy’s attention. She ran out the door and looked into the street, seeing him laying in front of that car, a bloodied mess.

Darcy: Oh...Oh God, no. What have I done?! O’MALLEY!!

And she rushed to his side, as did the witnesses to the accident, praying that her last words weren’t what had caused this…

Present Day
Las Vegas, Nevada

Now that O’Malley’s life was beginning to work out and get to a place he was content with, there was just one big part of that equation that still needed fixing. That was his relationship with Owen. He needed Owen back in his life, and while he knew that Misty’s family was not going to make it easy, he couldn’t let them win. He couldn’t, and wouldn’t, let Owen continue to think that he didn’t want him. Because that just wasn’t true.

It has been just over a month now since O’Malley last attempted to see Owen. It was on Owen’s fifth birthday, and while he had seen him, it wasn’t that long of a reunion and he didn’t get a chance to really talk to Owen...to start to help him understand. So he had to try again.

And today is that day for the second attempt. He was trying to plan everything out in his head, and how he would defend himself to Misty’s parents. He was doing everything he could to avoid this all going to court, but he wasn’t sure just how long he would put up with them fighting the inevitable.

As he pulled his car along the street in front of Misty’s parent’s home, he was surprised to see that they weren’t home. But, a familiar face was there keeping watch over Owen as well as a toddler girl O’Malley could see playing in the backyard. Misty’s youngest sister, Dixie, was there watching over Owen and the little girl. From where she was standing in the backyard, she saw O’Malley pull up outside the house and exit his car soon after. Though she wasn’t pleased to see him, she didn’t get as angry as her parents had. And she yelled out to Owen and the little girl to stay put while she went to the front yard, all while keeping watch on them from a distance.

Dixie: You shouldn’t be here, O’Malley. My father and Colleen aren’t home, but that doesn’t mean I’ll let you see Owen.

From the backyard, Owen hears Dixie calling out towards his father and he stops what he is doing. The little girl does as well and they both sneak over closer towards the front yard to see what is going on. O’Malley smiles and waves to Owen, then to the little girl.

O’Malley: She must be yer little one?

Dixie folds her arms and looks back to the kids. She points back towards the back yard and Owen takes his little cousin by the hand and leads her away. Dixie turns her attention back to O’Malley.

Dixie: My daughter, yes. But she doesn’t concern you. And neither does Owen. Not anymore.

O’Malley shakes his head.

O’Malley: See, that is where yer all wrong, Dixie. Regardless of what I did two years ago, Owen is still me son. I’m not the same fella I was two years ago, and I need Owen back in my life. Look at me, Dixie. Do I look like I did two years ago? Do I look like I’m lyin’ to ye?

Dixie: Maybe not, but I’ve seen that woman that you’re with, apparently married to, and none of us want to see Owen being raised by her. Not after the way she spoke about Misty. Hell, the way you spoke about her. And do you really think she wants to help you take care of the child you had with Misty? I don’t think so. We’re not going to let him get hurt ever again.

O’Malley sighs. Dixie turns around to check on the kids again, making sure she can see them, as well as hearing them play.

O’Malley: Ye can’t use Darcy as an excuse to keep him from me. She wants to be a mother more than anythin’, and she knows that bein’ with me means that Owen will be part of the picture. Ye all can’t fight this forever. I feel terrible fer what I did, but I did it to protect him. Ye saw me after Misty died. I was a wreck.

Dixie: Yeah and look how long that lasted. You abandoned Owen to go after Darcy, and then you married her just months after Misty died. You’re trying to take over Misty’s life in wrestling, and now you’re trying to replace her as Owen’s mother with that vile woman. And to think I ever had any respect for you, or love for you as a member of my family. You disgust me.

O’Malley’s attention focuses behind Dixie as Owen and her daughter have walked up just behind her. O’Malley smiles at Owen, the closest he’s been to him in over two years. Dixie panics and looks at Owen.

Dixie: Owen, please. Take Misty and go and play in the backyard. I don’t want to tell you again.

O’Malley: Ye named her Misty?

Owen keeps a hold little Misty’s hand, and is hesitant to leave. He stares at his father.

Owen: I...I want to talk to Daddy. Can’t I just…

Dixie: Not right now, Owen. We’ll discuss it when Grandma and Grandpa get home. Just...go play and let me talk to O’Malley.

O’Malley: Now, wait a second, Dixie. He wants to talk to me. Just let me talk to me son.

Dixie leads Owen and little Misty back towards the backyard before she turns to O’Malley again, shaking her head.

Dixie: Sorry, you gave up that right two years ago.

O’Malley: Look, I’m doin’ everything I can to prevent this from goin’ to court, Dixie, but don’t think I won’t go that route if I need to.

Dixie narrows her eyes and glares at her former brother-in-law with contempt in her eyes.

Dixie: And that right there proves you don’t have Owen’s best interests at heart. Threaten going to court all you want, we’ll make sure a judge gets the real picture of what kind of father you are. Now, if you excuse me, I need to get back to my daughter and my nephew.

Dixie doesn’t give O’Malley a chance to respond. She turns and returns to the backyard to keep a better watch on the kids, and O’Malley is left defeated once again. He had hoped Dixie would understand, but apparently he was wrong. And the thought of going to court was becoming more and more as a future reality.

But...he would wait just a little longer before deciding to do that.

Victorious. That’s just the only way I can describe how Supernova and Summer XXXtreme went fer me, and how the future is gonna go, too. I knew what I was gettin’ meself into when I signed on as an active competitor in both brands, and the thought of becoming a double champ would be tiresome fer some to think about. I mean..two titles equals twice as many title defenses. Twice as many challengers. Twice the effort.

But I wanted it. I asked fer it, and I got it. I walked into me match against Mark Cross and beat him, and then won the Roulette Championship the night after and that target on me back got even bigger. It was already big to begin with, but when I’ve got two titles, it’s a bigger reason fer any of the other fellas to want to stop me from holdin’ either of them fer two long. It ain’t a secret that everyone hates me. Hell, no matter what I do at this point, I’ll probably always be hated. But that’s fine by me. I don’t need to be liked. I just need to defend these titles and that is what I’m gonna do.

I want to be a double champ fer as long as I possibly can, but not only that, I want to get me name in the record books with each of these belts, and I’ve got a lot of work to do. I’ve got a long way to go to beat Stewart Mason’s record. I’m only about sixty-seven days into me reign there, but ain’t a damn person that can say it can’t be done. If I want to make it happen, I will. And as fer the Roulette Championship, all it’s gonna take is just over six months...Six little months to beat Griff’s record and that...that is my most important goal right now.

Records aren’t everything, though, are they? It’s what ye do with yer title reign, and the biggest test as champion is the very first defense, because that is the most important one. What would that say about me if I won the Roulette title like I did, only to walk into me first defense and lose it after just a two week reign? I mean, I guess two weeks is better than five minutes, am I right?

**winks**

Regardless of that, not only am I not gonna lose this title on me first defense, I’m definitely NOT gonna lose it to some delusional waste of space like Bill Barnhardt. I can only wonder what non-sense Billy Boy will air in his promo this week because if it’s anythin’ like his recent shite? Well, it’s gonna leave me confused as hell.

Crazy attracts crazy, it seems, because old Bill is friends with Vinnie Boy, and we all have seen the downward spiral that fella has been on. Or is it fellas? I dunno. I don’t much care. All I care about is stopping Billy Boy from takin’ what’s mine. Ye hear that Bill?

I ain’t lost on the fact that yer itchin’ to get yer first taste of gold in SCW. I mean, ye been here how long and ye still haven’t won a damn thing? And now yer pal Vinnie has gone on to become a champ again, leavin’ ye in the dust, Billy. I’d say I feel sorry fer ya, but I really don’t. A lot of people think yer some kind of threat, but I haven’t seen that threat yet. I haven’t witnessed a damn thing that says I should be intimidated by ye, but damn I guess I’m not supposed to underestimate some fat arse washed up dumbass just because he managed to beat Kris Ryans. HA! Excuse me while I laugh me arse off over that.

Yer a dog, Billy Boy. Ye even go by the nickname Bulldog, right? Some stupid tribute to yer mutt, I’m assuming? Well, it’s actually quite fittin’ fer ya, because from what I’ve learned about bulldogs...they’re fat. They’re slow. They’re ugly as shite, and they’ve got breathing problems. Everythin’ I’ve seen watchin’ some of yer past matches. Now, if ye called yerself Pitbull Bill Barnhardt, I’d argue that because ye sure as shite ain’t vicious like those suckers.

Bulldogs aren’t typically aggressive, Bill. Hell, ye really aren’t from what I’ve seen, but let me tell ye something fella. This Sunday, if ye get overly confident and think yer gonna stand a chance at takin’ me title from me? I’m gonna take that as an attack. And ye know what they do to dogs that attack people, Bill? They put them down. And that is exactly what I’m gonna do to stop ye, Bill. I’m gonna put yer ass down and not feel the least bit sorry fer it, because someone’s gotta do it. Who better than me?

Now, I know the one factor I’m forgettin’ here is that the Roulette wheel will determine just what type of match this will be. It could be anything. No DQ. Tuxedo Match. First Blood. Mudpit Thong Match- if Christian gets a hold of the stipulations. The possibilities are endless, but none of it matters, because the end result will be the same. With ye walkin away with another loss, back to the end of the line, and me movin’ on to better challengers than the likes of ye, Bill.

Ye don’t deserve this shot, Bill, but I’m not about to walk out to that ring and deny ye the ass beatin’ that Mark and Christian seem to think ye deserve. So, I’ll do everyone a favor and get it over with. After this, though? Hopefully I never have to step into that ring with ye ever again because just like the bulldogs with four paws and a stubby tail, ye’ve got one hell of a stench and it’s not something I enjoy bein’ around.

See ye on Sunday, Billy Boy. Don’t forget to take a shower…
>