Author Topic: the C O M E B A C K  (Read 498 times)

Offline Mikah

• View Profile
    • Mikah
the C O M E B A C K
« on: July 10, 2020, 08:39:24 PM »

\'user

<div style="width: 695px; margin: auto;">
<text align=right> <p align=”Right”> "RUSTY?."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL: 5
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: MEDIUM
SCENE i
REC•

TUESDAY JULY 7, 2020
3:05 P.M.

The blonde bombshell found herself in the gym by herself and she glances at her smartwatch on her wrist and rolls her eyes. She had been awake since six a.m. that morning and had already gotten a run in, ran after Myles in the park, made Leighton think about what school in the area she wanted to attend, and had gotten them both lunch. And that was all before noon. She had felt pretty productive for herself and had managed to squeeze in a second run after lunch. She was enjoying the fact that Leighton could watch Myles and that she didn’t have to worry about Leighton dropping the one year old on his head. It helped that Myles was mobile and liked Leighton. And the kids seemed to like Kristopher, too. And while a part of her was happy, another part of her was slightly worried.

Mikah looks up as the doors to the gym open and her soon-to-be fifteen year old daughter walks in, carrying Myles. Mikah frowns just a little bit.

;;MIKAH “Leigh, I thought I told you it was his--”

But she stops. It was now 3 P.M. and his naptime was over. She watches as Leighton helps Myles get in the ring from the apron before she herself climbs in as well. Mikah smiles as Myles toddles over to her and raises his arms to Mikah. Mikah easily gives the one year old what he wants and she picks him up. She smothers his tiny face in kisses as Leighton leans against the ropes.

;:MYLES “Mama!”

The one year old only said a few words and mama was the one that Mikah liked hearing most. She smiles and nods her head at the one year before her eyes flicker over to Leighton.

;;MIKAH “You can…”

She started to talk but stops when she hears the doors to the gym open and Kris walks in. Mikah gives him a look before pressing a kiss to Myles’ head as she motions for Leighton to get out of the ring. Leighton sighs but doesn’t argue with he mother and then takes Myles from her mother when she hands him through the ropes to her.

;;MIKAH “Take him to the park just down the street. You can stop to get ice cream if you’d like. There’s a hundred in my wallet.”

Leighton nods before walking past Kris to leave the gym, giving him a smile and Myles grins and giggles at the sight of him. The action causes Mikah to roll her eyes before she moves over to one of the turnbuckles of the ring and climbs up and sits on the top turnbuckle, her eyes following Kris around the gym.

;;MIKAH “Oh look. He does know where the gym is.”

She carefully crosses one leg over the other as she sits on the top turnbuckle, watching his every move. He shrugs off the hostility as he crosses the gym towards where she is in the ring. He doesn’t look particularly happy, but that was true more often than not these days. Coby had left, and for the most part, it was looking like the entirety of Jet City had written him off. Mikah could understand why he was on edge, but on the other hand, it opened the door for the two of them to team. In her opinion, he had gotten the better end of the deal.

±±KRIS RYANS “I didn’t think that you would be taking things seriously enough to actually be here already. I was busy getting us some practice dummies.”

Instead of climbing the stairs leading up to the ring, he dives under the bottom rope and rolls into the ring before getting to his feet. He was dressed in a muted black version of his ring gear like they were going to have a match right here and now in the middle of an empty gym. Not that an empty gym really felt different than she assumed being in the ring in The Staggs Dungeon would be.

±±KRIS RYANS “Have you actually been doing anything, or just showing your kids how good you are at standing in a ring?”

She raises an eyebrow at him before rolling her eyes at him then folding her arms over her chest. She carefully slides off of the top turnbuckle and onto her feet as she looks at him before giving him one of those fake smiles.

;;MIKAH “You know, I just thought I’d stand on the ring and look pretty. It’s what most people think I’m going to do anyways. Maybe I should live up to their expectations. It’s clearly yours.”

She takes a deep breath and slowly lets it out as she gathers her hair up into a ponytail and then secures it with an elastic hair tie on the top of her head. She watches him before she looks around the gym before she leans back against the ropes.

;;MIKAH “And what have you been doing? Sleeping? I’ve gone on two runs, chased my baby at the park, and fed both of my kids all before noon. And I’ve been in here for a while. So...more than you, I’m guessing?”

She didn’t care if she was sounding snippy or not, he’s probably heard worse from her anyways. Depending on the day, that is. She uses the ropes to stretch a bit, even though she was already certain she was stretched out enough.

;;MIKAH “You shouldn’t worry about me, Kristopher. I’ll be fine in the ring. As if you care.”

She was sporting just a pair of Nike Spandex volleyball style black shorts and a matching neon yellow sports bra. She didn’t feel like putting her ring attire on; it took too much work and showed too much for just training.

±±KRIS RYANS “I was making sure that you are actually going to be ready once it is time for Climax Control.”

He does not explain at first, but when Mikah tries to interject, he waves a hand at her to cut her off.

±±KRIS RYANS “Yeah, yeah. It’s always the same thing. You’re going to be ready. Everyone is underestimating you. You’re one of the best bombshe--”

At this point she could not help but interrupt him.

;;MIKAH “THE best bombshell.”

Kris closes his eyes and takes a deep breath. It was just going to waste more time that they did not have if they let themselves get bogged down in an argument. He lets the breath out, and thinks over his words carefully before speaking.

±±KRIS RYANS “It’s stuff like that...”

He opens his eyes, and locks onto hers. He is not hostile, but also far from joking.

±±KRIS RYANS “I was saying all the same things, and acting the exact same way when I first showed up. I thought that I could jump right back in just because it had always come easy. What happened?”

She goes to answer him, but he cuts her off before she can get a single word out.

±±KRIS RYANS “Bill Barnhart got the better of someone that was a little bit more arrogant than he was confident. I got to correct that mistake, but it’s not like I can wipe away what happened. I went out and fell on my face, and I was just as smug as you are now when I did it. The difference is, I wasn’t dragging anyone else down with me. It was just a setback for me. We are a team now. You not actually putting the work in is going to cost me everything that I have fought to get back, so pardon me for being a little anxious about the whole thing.”

She tries to hold back the eye roll that most certainly was coming and she succeeds but only by looking away from him. She lets her eyes stare at something off to her right for a moment before she looks back at him.

;;MIKAH “I’m not sure what you thought I’ve been doing when you’re off doing fuck knows what? But it wasn’t sitting on my ass and crying because of my divorce or whatever it is people are thinking out there.”

She looks at him and tilts her head to the side as she chews on the inside of her bottom lip for a moment. She tries to organize her thoughts before she looks at him again, a more serious look on her face.

;;MIKAH “I didn’t get my start in SCW; I have people I know and trust more out of SCW than I do inside of that place. So while you were off sticking your nose in Coby’s business, I was working with a friend from my past. One that I’ve worked with before and I knew could keep his mouth shut so I could train without nosey people watching me.”

She hesitates for a moment before looking at him again.

;;MIKAH “I don’t plaster that stuff all over social media. What I do when I work on making a comeback is for me, not for the idiots on Twitter.”

She offers him a slightly more sincere smile before she pushes herself off of the ropes and looks at him.

;;MIKAH “You can either trust me or not, that’s on you. But you better start to because we’re in a match on Sunday.”

She shrugs her shoulders at him.

;;MIKAH “And maybe you should stop listening to the morons on Twitter about me and my in ring ability. Because they know as much about me as Drake did. Does.”

She frowns a little to herself at the tense she was looking for but eventually just shakes her head and shrugs it off. It wasn’t a comparison that Kris was going to let slide though. Any chance that he had of keeping himself together went out the window once Drake’s name was dropped.

±±KRIS RYANS “First, me and that guy have zero in common. He likes himself a lot more than I like myself, and that isn’t the easiest bar in the world to clear. There is nobody else that exists in his world other than himself. If I was like Drake, I wouldn’t be here right now. We wouldn’t even be a team, because in order to rely on others, you have to give a shit about others, and he doesn’t. My circle might be small, but his is nonexistent.”

He was getting further and further away from the point that he had come down to the gym to make. This was why he did not want to get angry, but she made it seem so appealing most of the time. It felt like they spent more time sniping at each other than doing anything productive.

±±KRIS RYANS “I don’t want us to go out there and mess this up. Everyone is already saying that we have only tagged together a couple of times and it was years ago. Everyone is waiting for us to fail, just so that they can say that they told us so. You might already be in the Hall of Fame and everyone might think of you as the best of all time, but I am not there yet and I am tired of all of the setbacks.”

He takes a breath while the two stand on opposite sides of the ring, both at a loss for words. If he was going to end the argument though, he was going to have to lay everything out in the open.

±±KRIS RYANS “We get along because we are alike. I was saying and doing all of the same things that you are now. I got shitty when people said I wasn’t ready. They ended up being right. I don’t want to go out and lose to the fucking Trenton Tigers just to relive the joke.”

Again, she has to stop herself from rolling her eyes at him; it was the common denominator when it came to fights with Drake. But it was like second nature to her to do it. She looks at him and raises an eyebrow at him.

;;MIKAH “Two things…”

She wiggles two fingers at him before moving it to just one finger being held up.

;;MIKAH “One, stop listening to the morons that keep saying we’re going to fail, that’s not helping anything.”

This time, she lets the eye roll happen as she adds the second finger up.

;;MIKAH “And secondly, it’s your fault that we’re in this fucking, stupid ass match anyways. If you’d have just used that thing in your back pocket, we’d have moved to the front of the line.”

She rolls her eyes again for the second time in just a few short seconds.  Old habits die hard.

±±KRIS RYANS “Would that make it easy enough for you?”

He steps to his side and dips his head a little, moving into her field of vision and not allowing her to look away from him.

±±KRIS RYANS “Let’s make one thing very clear. I won that shot. Me. Not us. We haven’t done shit in this division. We haven’t teamed together in years. You haven’t been inside the ring in years. I won a match that gives me the opportunity to name a championship, and they have to give me a shot at it. Why would I piss that away right off the bat?”

He has to hold back a little, because it was not Mikah that he was mad at. Since the moment he walked away with the ability to control his own destiny, every person in SCW has tried to tell him what he should do with his opportunity. Mikah was not even the worst offender, but she was the only one in front of him right now.

±±KRIS RYANS “It’s not like the Mixed Tag Championships are all that hard to get a shot at. The Trenton Tigers have already gotten a couple. Wolflair has basically smacked around everyone on the roster. We have the accomplishments and records to warrant a shot, sure, but they aren’t just going to hand it to us. However, we go in and beat this team-- a team that we beat on paper 10 times out of 10-- and we jump to the front of the line anyways.”

Sometimes talking to her felt like talking to a wall, but he was hoping that he was making at least a little sense.

±±KRIS RYANS “We keep my automatic shot in my back pocket in case things go sideways in the next five months. Save it for a rainy day. Right now it’s not raining. You’re just impatient.”

It was nothing new for her to be called impatient; she already knew that. She liked to think it was her best quality. Kidding. Sort of.

;;MIKAH “And what happens when we win those belts and five months later we still have them and you still have that thing? What then? Because you sure as hell can’t be a tag team champion and go for a singles championship.”

He does not even hesitate before answering her with a chuckle.

±±KRIS RYANS “Well we can burn that bridge when we get to it.”

She hesitates for a moment or two, clearly dealing with an internal struggle with what she wanted to say next, or what was going to come out of her mouth next. She looks at him and for a split second a look of vulnerability is on her face but she is quick to blink it away.

;;MIKAH “Never mind.”

She brushes it off with a wave of her hand as she looks at him. She avoids his gaze again, her eyes moving over to the doors before back to him.

;;MIKAH “You’d think as much time we spent together two years ago, you’d have just a little more trust in me. I never once missed a beat when I was the Bombshell Champion and just because I had a baby, doesn’t invalidate me as a competitor. Two years is nothing; I’ve never even been out with an injury.”

She looks at him knowingly. It came out as a fact instead of a barb, but given Kris’ long list of injuries that have knocked him out of action in SCW, it definitely stung a little.

;;MIKAH “But it’s fine. I’ll just prove you wrong too, it’s not like it’ll be that hard.”

She looks at him before giving him a once over.

;;MIKAH “Who knows, in a month you’ll probably ditch me and move onto something else. It’s not like you’re doing anything other than lecturing me anyways.”

They could keep arguing in circles forever, but just as Kris found the words, the door chimed behind them. He did not even have to look back at it to know that it had to be the aforementioned practice dummies that he spent the morning convincing to help them out.

±±KRIS RYANS “Funny you say that...”

Kris steps out of Mikah’s way and turns towards the door. Former SCW stars and founding father’s of The Black Sheep Porter and Killian Sweete are leading the pack, talking amongst themselves. Behind them are current SCW Bombshell Tallyn, and former Blast from the Past Winner Courtney Pierce. Mikah looks back and forth between Kris and the group confused, but a smile spreads across his face.

±±KRIS RYANS “You want to prove you still got it? We can take care of that here and now. Killian hits just as hard as Sludge, and is just as hard to move around the ring. Porter is just as shifty as me, and knows every submission I can think of. The dude is a perfect stand in for Vector. Tallyn can rival Char Kwan’s technical prowess, and Court… well I am pretty sure she just signed up for this to be able to get back at me for causing her to break her hand a couple years ago...”

Mikah looks back at Kris still slightly confused.

±±KRIS RYANS “We can team them up a few different ways. You get to prove to me that I don’t have to worry about you, and we get to prepare for the Tigers at the same time. It’s a win-win.”

The foursome of current and former SCW stars makes their way over to the ring where Kris and Mikah stand next to one another, clearly picking up on the tension between the two of them. As always Killian could not help himself from trying to break the ice.

±±KILLIAN SWEETE “If you two are going to be stealing our name, we might as well make sure that you don’t shit all over it in the process.”

±±PORTER SWEETE “It’s not like we were too busy to help or anything.”

The two women did not look as eager to help as their male counterparts.

::COURTNEY PIERCE “Yeah well, it wouldn’t hurt to get to spar against a Hall of Famer before trying to mount a comeback of my own. Plus, if you guys get your act together, I get to take credit for making it happen.”

Mikah once again rolls her eyes at all of them, her arms going back to a folded position over her chest.

TALLYN “I’m just here because I have nothing better to do.”

She just looks at them all before again, rolling her eyes.

;;MIKAH “Whatever. If we’re gonna do this let’s get it over with...”

<text align=right> <p align=”Right”> "BACK IN CONTROL."
DAYS UNTIL CLIMAX CONTROL: 2
EXCITEMENT LEVEL: MEDIUM
SCENE ii
REC•

FRIDAY, JULY 10, 2020
7:45 P.M.

The scene opens up to Mikah sitting on the end of the San Diego beach pier. Her legs were dangling over the edge and she was watching the sunset. She turns just slightly to face the camera that looked like it was being recorded from a cell phone rather than a high tech one.  Mikah smirks at the camera before running her fingers through her straight blonde locks that seemed to whip around her face due to the ocean breeze.

;;MIKAH “How many people are betting on me losing the match for Kristopher and myself?”

She turns her attention back to the ocean that was out in front of her.

;;MIKAH “I know about four people who are at least hoping that that’s the case this weekend.”

She hesitates as her eyes scan the horizon of the ocean.

;;MIKAH “But those four people….do they really count for much when it comes to their opinions?”

She laughs a little and shakes her head.

;;MIKAH “I would think not. Let’s see, have they had any real success since they came from SCU?”

She glances over at the camera.

;;MIKAH “We’re seven months into 2020 and while it’s been the worst few months since it began, the Trenton Tigers have not seemed to gather any traction to get any success. They try, don’t get me wrong but they don’t seem to go anywhere. Because they seem to like to talk a big talk but don’t know how to back it up.”

She shrugs.

;;MIKAH “There’s four of you in that group. You would think that maybe there’d be one person in it that could be successful in the ring and catch a win for the team. But I don’t think I could remember the last time you won a match. Or if I even care when the last time you won a match was.”

She smirks to herself for a moment before she looks at the camera again and laughs to herself.

;;MIKAH “I tried to watch a few of your promos but it was a struggle to sit through it. You say multiple times that you outperform your opponents but from what I can tell, that was a lie. I doubt you could even out perform yourself let alone your opponent.”

Again, she simply just shrugs her shoulders before kicking her legs gently back and forth.

;;MIKAH “Let me take a stab at what you’re going to say about me, shall we?”

Her eyes flicker to the camera momentarily before they look out at the ocean again.

;;MIKAH “Clearly, I’m the best Bombshell on the roster. Tommy Knocks said so and I’m a current Hall of Famer. I’m a three time Bombshell Champion. I’ve held that Roulette Championship and I’ve held the Internet championship for my division. But I also haven’t been in the ring for almost two years. And then you have the fact that I said I hate tag team wrestling. . .that’s been plastered all over my career. And it’s not a lie.”

She smirks and chuckles to herself.

;;MIKAH “I do hate tag team wrestling. I hate Bombshell tag team wrestling. I’ve always said mixed tag team wrestling was something I’d be okay with doing. In fact, Kristopher and I are the one that pushed for the division two and a half years ago. We had made a pact to one another saying that when we dropped the top titles, we’d go for the mixed tag titles. And it might have taken us two and a half years to get there, but here we are.”

She raises an eyebrow before smirking to herself.

;;MIKAH “I’m sure you’ll say something like how I’m great in the ring but I’ve been out of practice for two years so, you’re expecting somebody a little slower, not as quick as I was two years ago. Or something of the sort. You’ll say that I’ll be expecting an easy win but that you’re not going to give it to me or something along those lines. It doesn’t matter because you will talk about how I haven’t been in the ring for two years. It’s all anybody can seem to talk about on Twitter.”

She rolls her eyes.

;;MIKAH “And even though none of you use Twitter, I’m sure you share the same sentiments as those other idiotic morons on Twitter. Because none of you use your own brains but instead, focus on what other people are saying. Nobody wants to focus on the fact three months ago tomorrow, Tommy Knocks said I was the best Bombshell that SCW ever had. That I was thee number one Bombshell to step foot in the ring for them. And I hadn’t even been wrestling for two years and I still got the number one vote. So, maybe people should be thinking about why I got the number one spot.”

She raises an eyebrow at the camera.

;;MIKAH “That’s the Mikah that you’re going to see on Sunday, Trenton Tigers. You’re going to see the best Bombshell ever. And you’re not going to see it coming. ANd maybe that’s a good thing. Maybe you need to be thinking that I’m going to have a little ring rust and not be ready for our match. It will just show everybody how incompetent you all are in the ring...”

She runs her fingers through her hair once more and shakes it out with her hand.

;;MIKAH “But all of you should be able to beat any tag team because the four of you should have the upper hand against your opponents. You don’t have to tell which two is going out there to face anybody. You should be able to have the element of surprise on your side but somehow, you just can’t get it done. I mean, Sludge appears to be a little on the slow side. Sure, he’s big and strong but he’s lacking up here.”

She taps her head to go with her words.

;;MIKAH “And Daniela?”

She makes a face that makes her look as if she was in pain.

;;MIKAH “Clearly, she’s hit her head a few times. You should be able to function as a team and as a singles competitor. But since she couldn’t hack it as a singles competitor, she’s going to complain that she doesn’t like it and would rather rely on Sludge for support.  Bitch, you need to figure out how to support yourself. And by the way, you’re Dani Weston. She’s the best Dani that’s been in SCW.”

She flips her hair over her shoulder but the wind still blows it around, some getting in her face.

;;MIKAH “Let’s not bother with the other two; because clearly Sludge and Daniela only throw Vector and Char Kwan a match if they think they can’t win. They’d rather those two take the loss than themselves.”

She shakes her head and makes a tsking noise.

;;MIKAH “But none of you have a partner like I have. None of you have Kris Ryans as their tag team partner.”

She smirks at the camera again. That confident look appearing in her eyes.

;;MIKAH “Two years ago, he was at the top of the food chain, he was the best.And since he’s been back, can you say he’s been anything but impressive?”

She raises an eyebrow at the camera.

;;MIKAH “He’s definitely a future Hall of Famer for the company. And he should be. There’s no reason that he wouldn’t be. And while you four argue about which two of you will meet us in the ring on Sunday? We’ve already got it figured out. Him and I? We already work well together. There’s no doubt about that. We’ve teamed together before and it was easy and successful for us.”

She smirks.

;;MIKAH “So just imagine what’s going to happen after Sunday? After we’ve smashed your ugly faces into the canvas and people realize that my comeback is serious?”

She holds another confident look.

;;MIKAH “We’ll already be on the top of the division. And yes, Wolfslair you should be worried about it.”

She shrugs her shoulders before her eyes look back out on the ocean. The silence lulls for a moment as she watches the sun sinks lower into the ocean.

;;MIKAH “Kristopher and I have always wanted to hold the Mixed Tag Team Championships. There have just been other things that have been stopping us from going after them. But now? There’s not going to be anything holding us back.”

She glances back at the camera and winks at it.

;;MIKAH “And well, we’ll take on whoever we have to to make sure that we get a shot at Wolfslair. And we won’t need more than one shot to beat them.”

She didn’t care if she sounded confident or arrogant; she almost always backed it up. And she was confident in her abilities and in her partner’s abilities.

;;MIKAH “And Trenton Tigers, you’re the ones that we have to beat to get on our way to what we will eventually deserve. Just a small little block in the roadway and we’ll take care of that on Sunday.”

She pauses for a moment.

;;MIKAH “Sunday will be the day that everybody realizes that Kristopher and I are serious about this and that we are going to be a real team.”

She makes a face.

;;MIKAH “And yes, I know, everybody likes him more than they like me. I really don’t care. Because I don’t need the other morons to like me because I’m going to remind them on Sunday why I’m the fucking best.”

She smirks at the camera.

;;MIKAH “No, that’s wrong.”

She taps her index finger to her chin a few times as if she was trying to think of what she needed to say.

;;MIKAH “Kristopher and I are going to show everybody why we’re the best.”

She looks at the camera, holding her gaze with it. She is quiet for a moment as she keeps just looking into the camera.

;;MIKAH “And there’s nothing anybody can do about it but try to stop us. And good luck with that.”

She smirks as she stands up and starts to walk away from the pier before stopping and looking over her shoulder.

;;MIKAH “Ciao.”