Author Topic: Update on Underground  (Read 5403 times)

Offline Underground

• View Profile
Update on Underground
« on: June 29, 2020, 01:16:33 PM »
 Just to let everyone know, this weekend held a lot of real life challenges for Donna and myself, as has been a trend lately with the line of work we are in, with the unpredictability and all. Not to mention, I have been preoccupied with assisting in the care of my infant nephew while my brother and sister in law were bringing my niece into the world. As of today, I am back home and starting (yep, you read that right) to write matches for the show.

A few weeks ago, we asked for and received help in match writing. Since then, we're now back to just two writers. With full transparency, I am letting everyone know that with the state of the world, and lack of a writing team, I can no longer stay up to 7am, 8am, 10am on Sunday nights to finish shows. I did not sign up for that and the cracks in my armor have been showing lately. We will be posting late for the upcoming weeks because we have a lot to hype for Supernova and Summer XXXTreme. After that, one of two things will happen. We will have to cap the roster and return to 4 match cards which will leave people not booked as often, with priority going to those who segment regularly. Option 2 will be that we abandon our full matches in order to bring you short summary matches to allow us to continue to host 8-10 match shows to include almost everybody. I'm interested in hearing opinions on which option is preferred by the group.

Point is, I apologize for a show that may very well not be posted until Wednesday, and going forward with that same trend over the next month. Thank you for your time, and your opinion is valued and desired below.

Offline The Monstimals

• View Profile
Update on Underground
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2020, 04:31:55 PM »
 I suggest with option 2 to do short summary matches for the main shows and do full matches for the PPV's. Have you tried also to do Sin City Underground shows to do a list of matches people write for like Climax Control do on the writer's board? That could be worth considering as well.

I'm nowhere near confident on writing matches and I have said in the past I'm always willing to help to write matches to gain my confidence back in writing them, regarding they aren't multiple people matches. Solo matches for an example I will write matches for to get back on track. If that can't be done, then go with what I stated the above. Hope things improve sooner than later, Tad.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2020, 09:52:14 PM by The Monstimals »

Offline JustinSmith

• View Profile
Update on Underground
« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2020, 04:32:19 PM »
 I am good with being booked less frequently as needed for you writers sanity.  

Title reigns
N/a

Offline Kristopher Ryans

• View Profile
    • Kristopher Ryans
Update on Underground
« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2020, 06:54:41 PM »
 When I ran a fed I ended up going with Option 2 due to the same problem. It definitely streamlines results and makes things easier to put together for results. People seemed happy with the outcome, and even after I quit they kept the fed going. Gives more space to segments, less complaining about the match flow favoring one character over another. People can fill in gaps for themselves.

>

Offline Max Burke

• GRIME World Nightmare Champion
  • Match Writers
    • View Profile
Update on Underground
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2020, 07:47:53 PM »
 I'm on board with whatever option works for you. Like I said before I can totally help when in a jam on weekends. Just let me know. Don't stress.  \'biggrin.gif\'  

Offline Underground

• View Profile
Update on Underground
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2020, 04:44:19 AM »
 Thanks everyone for your input. I'm still going over the different scenarios to see what will fit is best, but it lets us know what you want to see in return for your hard work.

This show has been posted, and a new card will be posted momentarily.