Author Topic: Tigers don't change their stripes  (Read 499 times)

Offline Alex Jones

• View Profile
    • Alex Jones
Tigers don't change their stripes
« on: June 23, 2020, 12:52:16 AM »

Prologue: Bushido

I think back to my younger days and it’s hard not to lament on the true waste of time. Sure people can look at my overall body of work, the matches, the titles, the moments and be impressed even awed by it. My name is recognised globally, my face on t-shirts and merchandise. But when I was a younger man the truth is that I was on a path to failure. Despite the acquired skills I had and the god given natural talent I possessed the truth is that I was too arrogant to properly use it.  

Do you know where being that cocky gets you?. You feel unstoppable, bulletproof even. But then as you lose you break down and have no idea how to properly take it. See, if you’re unbeatable. If you’re undefeatable, how can you ever grow and learn as a true warrior?. I take every loss as a lesson, I used it to grow and to become better. I used every setback as a way to step forward instead of back. And that is why most of the time I stay humble, in defeat...and victory.  

But, if there is one thing I’ve learned in the last 16 years, it’s that I belong here. I belong in that ring with fans screaming. If it was two thousand years ago I would have been in the coliseum in Rome.  

This is in my blood. Being a warrior. I have the will to win and be the best everywhere I go and to not stop. But there was a time I lost that. A time when my rage just took over and I didn’t care about others. I just had to be the best in ways that didn’t make sense to me. I lied, I cheated, I used people and I insulted all without looking any further.  

I was a shell of my former self.  

And even though I can’t lay blame on anyone for that but myself I will say that I fell under the spell of someone. A woman. A woman who got me to turn my back on everything I was and everything I could be in the selfish pursuit of money and broken bodies and promises. I lost friends, I lost trust and it has taken me so long to rebuild that with people. I let myself believe in what she believed, feel what she felt. I argued backstage I used my name and sway to push others out of my way. Instead of being the best in the ring like I should have been I let myself become corrupt behind it by her cancerous influence….  

I have done everything to rebuild it. And I have done everything to remind people how good I really am.  

I am Alex Jones….and I am a warrior.

And now. Well now I have an army. An army of youth, skill and intelligence. My legacy is no longer about myself and what I have done as a person. It’s not about what I have become. My legacy, my legacy is wolfslair….

A little bundle of surprise
New York City  3 Years Ago Ago

Alex’s eyes fluttered open, he reached over to Sonja’s side of the bed feeling nothing, the covers pulled back and the space where she would normally be laying felt cold and empty. He looked over at the small digital clock as it clicked over to 6am. Alex pushed himself out of the bed and yawned moving out of the bedroom looking around. No sign of Sonja except for a light coming from the bottom of the bathroom door. Alex moved closer towards it hearing loud heaving noises and liquid hitting liquid.  

Alex opened the door slowly, he looked down to find Sonja holding onto the toilet heaving and looking pale and sick. Alex raised an eyebrow crouching down putting an arm around her rubbing her back lightly. Sonja turned her head looking at Alex with a small smile before a sudden frown as she started throwing up again. Alex shook his head and sighed. “I think I need to get you to a doctor.”

Sonja put her finger in the air tilting it back and forth before grabbing Alex’s shirt as she heaved again. Sonja wiped her mouth and sat back on her heels “I don’t think I can be separated from my new porcelain best friend.” Alex went to protest but stopped with a sigh nodding his head pulling out his cellphone, he looked for a number dialing it fast before leaving Sonja for a moment. “Hey, yeah I need a Doctor, my wife is throwing up and can’t leave…...yes….yes the address is {REDACTED}...Manhattan New York. Thank you…”  

Alex hung up the phone and turned walking back in finding Sonja laying down clutching the toilet with one arm and her own stomach with the other. “...this isn’t good….” Sonja shook her head unable to really speak, she heaved and slid up over the toilet before holding it in, Alex lightly drew his hand over her back again rubbing lightly back and forth as Sonja seemed to breath more easily, slow and steady as she took one last deep breath. “That feels good…..”

After a few minutes the doorbell went off, Alex walked out to the hallway and opened the door, a young man with thin wire framed glasses stepped in with a medical bag. “Mr Jones is it?.” Alex gave a small nod and led him through the living area and past the large kitchen to the bathroom, Sonja sat on the floor, her hair down and in front of her face as she heaved again. The doctor gave a nod and walked in as Alex backed off. He heard some conversation and mumbling. The doctor laughed a little and stepped out, closing the door behind him.  

“Mr Jones was this a sudden onset with the vomiting?” Alex thought about it for a moment and shook his head. “Well she hadn’t mentioned anything, I travel for work and she stayed here to look after our business here. But this is the first I’ve seen or heard.” He gave a small nod as Alex looked at the door wondering what was going on. The doctor adjusted his notepad and smiled a little. “What are you smiling at?..my wife is really sick and I-”  

The doctor put his hand up scribbling a few notes down with a sigh.“Mr Jones, I assure you your wife isn’t dying and doesn’t have a terminal illness. It could be a case of food poisoning, a stomach bug or...well we’ll just wait.” Alex raised an eyebrow as the doctor put his hand on Alex's shoulder. The door opened and Sonja called the doctor in, he stepped through and closed the door behind him. After a few moments he stepped back out tucking a small vile of blood into a storage container. He looked at Alex and held out his hand shaking it. “Congratulations I can see myself out…”  

Alex looked confused as the doctor moved to the front door, he then turned going into the bathroom as Sonja slowly looked up at him, still not feeling well, still pale but with a small smile on her face.“3 weeks” Alex raised an eyebrow. “What?” Sonja laughed and held her mouth for a moment and then her stomach before clearing her throat. “3 Weeks is what the little stick says…” She held it up for Alex to see. A small white plastic stick with the front covered by a clear cap, A small digital screen reads “Positive 3-4 weeks” Alex shakes and lowers his hands staring at Sonja who slowly gets to her feet.  

“Well?. You need to say something.” Sonja raised an eyebrow looking worried as Alex stayed silent. His jaw opened but nothing came out as he looked back down at the test and then back to Sonja, his heart nearly exploding from his chest. “Are you upset?” Alex let out a small laugh before setting the test down, he then turned and picked Sonja up in his arms spinning her around, Sonja shook her head and heaved. “Please...don’t do that…” Alex laughed and swallowed before stroking her cheek.  

“How could I ever be upset?...you’re pregnant” Sonja gave him a small nod and put her hand against his as it rested on her cheek. “That is what the little stick says.” She smiled as Alex leaned in for a kiss, Sonja pulled back and shook her head. “You might not want to do that..at least wait till I can use mouthwash” Alex smiled and kissed her cheek instead placing a hand on her stomach. Sonja stayed silent and slowly slid against his body squeezing Alex tight. They stood together for a moment as Alex kissed her forehead.“We need to celebrate…I need to call Pixie!....”  

Sonja laughed as she clung onto him. “We need to go out to dinner tonight, somewhere really nice. Somewhere that sells that chocolate mousse you like, you know the wobbly one with the-” “Oh god” Sonja shoved Alex back running into the bathroom again as she heaved and held her hair back. Alex raised an eyebrow and sighed. “Was it something I said?”

Tigers don’t change their strips

The Sin City Wrestling Mixed Tag Team Championship. The title belt itself hangs down over Alex Jones’ back, his back is to the camera with his long black hair sitting over the leather strap. A chuckle escaped his lips with a deep exhale.

”Two teams. Two teams who told the world they were going to dethrone us. One team tried their hardest, showed respect and restraint. Bella Madison and Malachi came down to that ring and put everything on the line. They didn’t need cheap tactics or tricks, they didn’t need to talk bullshit. Bella and Malachi showed they belong in the mixed tag division and can step up to us. I’ll congratulate those kids for bringing a challenge in the three way. So, with that being said. Why are Johanna and I being forced to defend our titles against the other team in that match?”

“Malachi and Bella would be better challengers, they would be worthy of atleast having an attempt at us. But, instead, Johanna and I have to go out there and face, the Trenton Tigers...The team that failed to win the mixed tag titles not once, but twice, the team that Malachi and Bella BEAT one on one.”

“The team that failed to beat us at Into the void.”

“But, before I get to deep down this dive, let me make one thing perfectly clear to each and everyone of you. These titles, should mean more than they do. These titles should be sought after by EVERYONE. If you aren’t doing anything in the mens or womens divisions you should be coming after us. Because being in a team, trusting the other person is the hardest thing you can do. And as a side not, Lachlan Kane….you can no longer say you're one half of the most dominant Mixed tag team in SCW….because that now goes to..us..”

Alex slowly turns around and moves the title from over his shoulder to in front of him holding it up to his face.

”We have defended these titles three times, we have surpassed one hundred days and we are closing in on your record. And with a win over the Trenton Tigers we will have the most defences. But, that defence should be against any other team. See something people forget about Into the void, is that Sludge is the one who took the pin, Sludge lost the match for Bella and Malachi as well as his own damn team. They have a losing record as a team, they have never come close to beating us, they have to use a cheap as hell freebird rule….”

“Yet, they get a title shot?. They get to be in the ring with us? They get to main event Climax Control against the champs? Really?.”

“The Trenton Tigers, who are literally a poor mans version of Gamer INC including having a member from them, who have a losing record are getting a one on one shot against us?. I should be ecstatic, I should be happy and bouncing around the place, I should be laughing at the free title defence SCW have handed us. But, I’m not, I’m annoyed, I’m angry, I’m frustrated.

“And there’s a damn good reason why...Lack of fucking effort…”

Alex shakes his head and laughs to himself rolling his eyes before putting the SCW mixed tag title down.

”The tigers did barely anything to promote the mixed tag match, they did nothing during the match to stake their claim and since then they have been silent. Silent. Nothing. No segments, no social media activity, no text message, carrier pigeon. NOTHING. The last thing we heard from them was before the title match at Into the void, we heard DVR run her stupid mouth, I stood there and watched her make some of the stupidest comments I have seen come from someones mouth...in a company with Jake Raab mind you...and this is the team that gets a shot against us?”

“A team that has to use cheap as hell freebird bullshit to try and get a leg up against us? And by the way, it’s not a disadvantage, it would be a disadvantage if the members of the team were actually talented. But Vector and Sludge both suck and the only member on the women's side worth a damn is Char and Johanna could still snap her skinny little neck.”

“DVR said that the only reason I joined the mixed tag team division was because it was an “easy” division to conquer. So she insulted anyone who had been in the division, from Caleb and Jesse, to Malachi and Bella, To london underground, to Sierra and Lachlan, to Gamer INC who she has a connection with to THEMSELVES. If the division is so easy to be the champions of then why haven’t you been there Daniela?. Why did Char and her ground of nerdy dipshits quit SCW as the champions?”

“I’m sick of this….I’m sick of the Tigers, I’m sick of their attitude and stupidity...so at Climax control...Johanna and I are going to end you. After we beat you thats it, you go back to the bottom of the pile….do not pass go, do not collect 200 dollars, do not come near us….”