Author Topic: Actions Have Consequences  (Read 474 times)

Offline O Malley

• Match Writers
    • View Profile
    • O'Malley
Actions Have Consequences
« on: June 19, 2020, 08:19:02 PM »

Sunday June 14th
Saxon Hotel

Tonight was Men’s night only on Underground Episode 62. And while the show itself was taking place at the hotel, the women of SCU, SCW and GRIME all were not allowed anywhere near the convention area where the show was being held. That meant that O’Malley’s beloved Darcy was forced to remain upstairs in their suite until the show was over. Which was about an hour ago, to be exact. And the longer O’Malley doesn’t walk through the door, the more worried she gets. She’s just about to grab her room key and head downstairs, when she hears the door unlock, and in he walks, though he’s clearly in a foul mood.

Darcy: There you are! I was beginning to get worried! How are you feeling?

The answer should have been obvious when she glances to the ice pack he was holding up to his head. The headache compliments of that kick from Austin James Mercer.

O’Malley: I’ll be fine, love. The medical team just wanted to check me over which is what took so long.

Darcy: I saw the whole thing. You’ll make Austin pay soon. Come sit down.

Darcy leads him over to their king sized bed in their new suite. They had been upgraded the day after O’Malley had cashed in the briefcase and won the Underground Championship from Ben Jordan. O’Malley growls and throws the icepack on the bed, but Darcy is quick to grab it.

O’Malley: Not soon enough, love. I was hopin’ for that chance on this first Climax Control after Into The Void, but that didn’t happen thanks to that whack job Christina. And who knows what’ll happen the next two weeks! Plus, I still got Ben Jordan being a right prick because—

Darcy: Shhh, baby. Don’t worry about all that right now. They’ll all get what’s coming to them soon. But you took a hard kick from Austin, so let’s not make that headache wore.

Darcy holds the icepack up to O’Malley’s head, trying to support him as best as she can. His mood doesn’t change, however, still frustrated over the events of the night.

O’Malley: I had the feckin’ headache before that kick, Darc. And it wasn’t that hard, either. I can’t not worry about all this shite, because I’m gettin’ pulled in so many different directions that I don’t even know where to start! Austin wasn’t even on me radar until that shite on Twitter last week.

Darcy: You can focus on that after Climax Control. You’ll win that future championship shot and go from there. At least Christina did something smart with this whole card, right?

O’Malley swats Darcy’s hand and the icepack away. He stands up from the bed and turns around, looking down at her as she remains seated.

O’Malley: What if I don’t want to win this damn match, Darc? Even if I did, ye think I really stand a chance?!

Darcy: Are you serious? Of course you stand a chance. You stand more of a chance than the other three and you know it.

O’Malley: Yeah well we said the same thing in that King For A Day match, didn’t we? And look what feckin’ happened. Some God damned rookie won it!

O’Malley turns around and places his palms on the dresser. He closes his eyes, and suddenly gets a weird sensation on his left shoulder- like someone is touching him. But Darcy is still seated on the bed, so he knows it’s not her. When he looks at his left arm, the little hairs are standing up and he now has goosebumps. Of course it was Misty…

Darcy: I’m not going to sit here and let you get discouraged like this. You’re the Underground Champion, and soon enough you’ll be a champion in SCW. It WILL happen, my love.

Darcy then stands up and walks up behind him. She wraps her arms around him, but to her surprise, he doesn’t relax. If anything, the tension increases.

O’Malley: I’m just...not in the mood, love. I think I need to go fer a walk around outside or somethin’. Get some fresh air.

Darcy: I’ll go with you.

O’Malley spins around and pushes her away, gently.

O’Malley: No. I just need some time to meself. I won’t be long.

Darcy: Are...are we okay, O’Malley? I’m starting to get nervous, because the last two weeks have been—

O’Malley: We’re fine, love. I promise. I just need to figure some things out. Ye don’t need to worry.

To reassure her, he leans down and kisses her. She doesn’t want the kiss to end, however, and tries to pull him closer to the bed.

Darcy: Then don’t leave. Just stay here with me and talk to me. I’m—

O’Malley: Darcy, I’m tellin’ ye ye’ve got nothin’ to worry about. So just believe me. I’ll be back in a little while.

O’Malley then grabs his room key again and heads for the door. Darcy is lost for words and as O’Malley walks out the door. She buries her face in her hand and sobs, fearing that O’Malley is drifting away.

O’Malley didn’t know what was going on. His performance in SCW was not where he wanted it to be. He knew he was better than what he was putting out, but he wasn’t sure what direction he was going in. He had hoped by winning the King For A Day, it would give him the chance to build himself up. He hadn’t told Darcy, but had he won King For A Day, he wasn’t going to just give himself a World Heavyweight Championship match like everyone else would do. He had already faced Ben Jordan once before. And, sure, the tension was there for a second go around, but he had been thinking differently lately.

He wasn’t even going to target Austin James Mercer, either. But then Austin had to go and be a Twitter warrior and get on O’Malley’s case over something he wasn’t involved in. That alone had struck a nerve in O’Malley so much so that all he could focus on now was going after him. But it seemed he and Senor Vinnie now had the same thought.

So what was he to do, then? What decision should he make, because the frustration he felt on a daily basis this last week was not helping him any. Nor was it helping his relationship with Darcy. He knows she is only trying to help and be supportive of him, but he’s been losing his temper on a daily basis and he doesn’t want to hurt her...again.

He’s done that enough over the years. And when they had reunited, he had told himself that he wouldn’t do it again. Though because Misty wasn’t in the picture any longer, that was an easier promise to make. Or so he thought.

O’Malley: Feck! Look what ye’ve done to me, Misty! Are ye happy at the mess ye’ve caused me now?! Is this what you wanted?!

He’s outside, a safe distance away from the hotel and anyone who might be able to hear him. He shouts, though he knows that Misty is somewhere listening...watching. He sits down on the curb and the edge of the grass around the parking lot and grips at his head, frustrated. He’s looking down at the ground when he hears her voice.

Misty: Yes. This is exactly what I wanted, O’Malley. Because it shows that deep down, you don’t agree with the hateful things Darcy has said about me. I don’t enjoy seeing it, but it’s proof that you still have a heart.

O’Malley looks up at her. Well, at her form anyway. She’s still so corporeal, but he knows this isn’t a hallucination either. He had never really believed in ghosts or spirits before, but everything he was experiencing with Misty over the last several weeks was proof enough that it was all very real.

O’Malley: Yer right. I do have a heart. And it belongs to Darcy now. It belonged to her before ye even came into me life almost six years ago.

O’Malley watches as Misty rolls her eyes. She didn’t like being reminded of that, anymore than Darcy did.

Misty: No shit, O’Malley. I knew that from the start, which is why I gave you every opportunity to stay with her. Looking back, I should have just forced you to stay away from me. But if I hadn’t...we wouldn’t have had Owen. And I’m not about to say I regret that because I don’t.

O’Malley shakes his head and he stays seated right where he is. He props his arms up on his knees and now thinks about Owen.

O’Malley: Don’t think I regret that either, love. Because I don’t. But what I do regret is hurtin’ Darcy the way I have. I’m not gonna sit here and lie and say I never loved ye, Misty, because I did. Hell, a part of me still does and always will. But, I had to let ye go. Ye have to know that.

Misty looks down at him. She lets out a sigh and drifts over and sits(?) beside him. She nods and looks forward.

Misty: I know you did, O’Malley. I get that. And I know that our relationship hurt Darcy, but I never wanted that either. I was broken when I met you, and I didn’t expect you to be the one to put me back together. If I could talk to Darcy, trust me I would. But you’re the only one who can see or hear me, so I can’t. So you’re on your own trying to get her to understand that.

O’Malley: And Darcy ain’t makin’ it easy.

O’Malley lets out an annoyed laugh and shakes his head. There is a long silence between the two until Misty turns her head back to him and breaks the silence.

Misty: I miss you. You know that? I miss you, and Owen and the rest of my family. It kills me all over again every day just watching you all go on without me. Most importantly Owen. He probably doesn’t even remember me.

O’Malley: That’s not true and ye know it. There’s no way he’d ever forget ye. Yer family won’t allow it. So don’t even think about that.

He looks at her, but she looks away from him.

O’Malley: I’m not gonna lie and say I don’t miss ye, too, love. Because I do. I’ll never understand what the point of all this was. Me loving Darcy. Me loving ye. Ye dying. I just..don’t know.

Misty: I might.

She turns and looks back to him, and the expression on her face is even sadder than it was before. He waits for her to answer.

Misty: If you hadn’t met me, would you have gotten into all of this wrestling business? What would you have done with your life?

He thinks and then lets out a sigh as he shrugs.

O’Malley: I have no feckin’ clue, Misty. Wrestlin’ wasn’t even on me radar until ye came into my life.

Misty: Exactly. It doesn’t make sense to me either, but it happened. Gabriel has done a great job at getting you to this point, and I’ve gotta admit, you’ve got great potential. I see it all the time. I might have said otherwise, but you have the chance to build something that even I couldn’t with my career. You’ve already started.

O’Malley: Yer jokin’ right?

Misty shakes her head.

Misty: I’m really not. If I were still around, I’d say the same thing if you had decided to stick with it when I was starting to teach you a few things myself. I’m not worried about you outshining me, O’Malley. If anything, now that I see what you’re capable of, I’d welcome it because I know that I was the one who brought you into this life.

O’Malley: I’m not gonna lie, love. This wrestling business...it was all about ye when I first decided to make a go of it. Had nothing to do with me at all or making a serious go of it.

Misty chuckles and she nods again. O’Malley stares at her, a small part of him wishing he could touch her just one last time.

Misty: I know. And I know a big part of you is debating really trying in this match that Crystal Hilton booked you in.

O’Malley: It’s Christina Rose now…

Misty: Bullshit. She’ll always be Crystal Hilton. Look, my point is that I know you’re debating putting in one hundred percent effort in this match because you’ve got so much other stuff going on. I’m almost sick to admit this, but Darcy is right. This match is a big opportunity, and I think you should go for it. You’d only be making yourself look bad if you slacked off.

O’Malley sighs and shakes his head. He looks forward and he sees that Darcy is standing just outside the entrance to the hotel, looking at him from a distance. He half expects her to start walking towards him but she doesn’t. She just waits.

O’Malley: I want to do things different than ye did, love. I’ll be honest, I wanted to start from the bottom and work me way up in SCW. Take a chance and go for the Roulette for a while. But...so much shite has gone down, now I’m second guessing meself.

Misty: You do realize that this match Crystalina created isn’t specifically for the World Heavyweight Championship. It’s for a future championship opportunity.

O’Malley focuses on Darcy in the distance, nodding slowly. Misty stands up and stands in front of him, so he looks at her.

Misty: You can do anything you want to do, O’Malley. Don’t let Darcy or anyone else persuade you. You’re always in control and just remember that your decisions come with consequences.

Darcy then starts walking towards him, but it’s a slow walk, and she’s got a distance to go before she reaches him. O’Malley looks up at Misty, and he doesn’t know it yet, but it is for the last time.

O’Malley: Ye better get out of here, love. Darcy’s walking this way. I know she can’t see ye, but—

Misty: It’s time to say goodbye, O’Malley. For good this time.

O’Malley looks up at her, shock written all over his face.

O’Malley: Wait..what? Yer not...yer not comin’ back?

Misty: There’s no reason for me to. You’ve moved on. You’ve shown that you still have a heart. There’s no reason for me to come back. Just consider what I said, alright? And not only that...fix the situation with Owen.
Somehow. Don’t let him go the rest of his life without you in it. Okay?

O’Malley closes his eyes and nods again, silently promising to her. Darcy is getting closer now and before Misty disappears, she leaves him with one final message.

Misty: Oh and O’Malley?

He moves his eyes to look up at her and she smiles.

Misty: Tell Ben Jordan Tap Tap says hello…

She grins and O’Malley lets out a chuckle. Whether or not O’Malley would relay the message is another story, but O’Malley nods and Misty waves as she soon disappears, leaving O’Malley’s life once again. Darcy approaches him soon after and she looks around.

Darcy: What are you doing out here, my love?

O’Malley had told her he was going for fresh air, but she was still confused. He smiles up at her and then reaches for her hand. He gently pulls her down so she sits on the curb next to him, and he looks at her. A panicked expression appears on her face, but he tries to put her mind at ease as he breaks his silence.

O’Malley: I need to have a serious conversation with ye, love. But I need ye to hear me out, and not worry, alright?

Darcy: When you say things like that, it’s hard not to worry, O’Malley. These last few weeks…

O’Malley holds up his hand and she goes quiet. She takes in a deep breath and just nods, allowing him the chance to speak, all while trying not to be concerned.

O’Malley: I’m not gonna leave ye, love. I’ve told ye that numerous times lately, an’ I mean it. There’s no one on this earth who I love more than I love ye right now, and that’s the God’s honest truth.

Darcy nods, but he can feel her hand trembling in his, showing just how nervous she is right now.

O’Malley: But I need ye to understand...I loved Misty, too. I know ye don’t like hearing it and bein’ reminded of it, but that’s me own fault.

Darcy: Why...why are we discussing this right now?

O’Malley: Because me actions have consequences, love. And after I tell ye somethin’, I need to ask somethin’ of ye, and I’ll need ye to make a promise.

O’Malley stares into her eyes. She’s still baffled by what is going on, but she nods anyway, letting him explain. It’s in that moment when he takes the both of them back to the moment when he first broke her heart. And a chain reaction of events was first started.

October 2014
Dublin, Ireland
The First Break

Frozen. O’Malley is currently frozen where he stands, because he knows that he very well could be making the biggest mistake of his life. Or, perhaps the best decision, depending on what happened going forward. He’s standing outside Darcy's building, silently going over in his mind what he is about to do. Well, he knew what he was about to do, he just didn’t know how he was going to do it.

After a few minutes, he looks up and sees Darcy looking down at him through the window of her flat. The curtain closes soon after, and he knew it was because she was making her way downstairs to meet him. Sure enough, less than a minute later, she was walking out of the front entrance and heading straight to him. She wraps her arms around him and gives him a quick kiss, but she can feel the tension in him, and it immediately scares her.

Darcy: What’s wrong?

O’Malley takes her hands in his and looks down at her with an awkward smile.

O’Malley: Let’s go fer a walk, love.

Darcy shakes her head.

Darcy: I’d really rather not. I can tell something is going on, and I want to know what it is.

O’Malley sighs. This was not how he wanted this to go, but if Darcy was refusing to go somewhere else to talk, he had no other choice.

O’Malley: I need ye to forgive me, love…

Darcy: For...what?

She hesitated, and O’Malley knew it was because her gut was telling her the answer. She probably assumed O’Malley had cheated on her, but that was not the case. Not in the physical sense anyway. Emotionally was another story.

O’Malley: I know ye know the answer to that. I love ye, Darc, I really do. But—

Darcy: But that American bitch succeeded. Save it, O’Malley. I can’t believe you right now. You’ve only known her five minutes!

Darcy attempts to turn and rush away, but O’Malley keeps a grip on her hand and stops her. He forces her to spin right back around to face him.

O’Malley: It’s complicated, love! I...I really can’t explain it! It’s like...It’s like I need to be with her right now. I don’t want to hurt ye, love.

Darcy: Bullshit! That’s exactly what you’re doing! But if that’s what you want...Go! Be with her!

O’Malley: Darcy, this wasn’t—

Darcy: I don’t care, O’Malley. I really don’t. I knew this day was coming. I saw the way you two looked at each other.

O’Malley goes quiet. He didn’t know what else to say. He saw tears begin to form in her eyes and he tried to wipe them away, but she swatted his hand away. He backed away, knowing she needed her space.

Darcy: If you think for one second that it’s going to work out between the two of you, you’re more stupid than I ever thought you could be. She’ll leave you with a broken heart. I guarantee you she will.

O’Malley: Then I’ll have only meself to blame. I...I’m sorry.

Darcy: Just leave, O’Malley. Quit saying you’re sorry and just...go.

O’Malley tries to speak again, but Darcy holds her hand up and turns her back on him. He takes in a deep breath and nods before turning around and walking away and out of her life. He can hear her start to sob, but he knows there is nothing he can say to make her feel better. He knew Misty wasn’t in Ireland any longer, but he was determined to find her and to try to connect with her further. She was a professional wrestler so it shouldn’t be that hard to track her down.

Back in the present day, Darcy is staring at O’Malley after reliving that memory all over again. But, this time O’Malley was able to give her the full story in hopes that her plan to ruin Misty’s image would come to an end.

Darcy: So you’re saying that she tried to get you to stay with me? You honestly expect me to believe that?

O’Malley nods.

O’Malley: I want ye to, yes. Everything that has happened, it’s all me fault. It’s all because o’ the decisions I’ve made over the last several years. If it weren’t fer Misty, I wouldn’t even be involved in wrestling.

Darcy laughs and rolls her eyes.

Darcy: So this is all still about honoring her then?

O’Malley: No, it ain’t. Look, I’m gonna do the right thing and really try me hardest to win this Fatal Four Way Match that Christina booked me in. But, I ain’t doin’ it to try and win a World Heavyweight Championship opportunity like ye want me to go fer.

Darcy: O’Malley, that’s ridicu—

He holds up his hand, silencing her again.

O’Malley: That’s where this promise I need ye to make comes in. I need ye to promise me that ye won’t try and interfere to help me win. And if I win, ye gotta trust me on what I plan to do with my championship opportunity.

Darcy: My love, you deserve that World Heavyweight Championship. You were going to book yourself against Ben anyway had you won King For A Day. Why settle for less than that?

O’Malley shakes his head and Darcy grows confused.

O’Malley: Honestly, no I wouldn’t have. I had other plans in the works. Just...please promise me, love.

Darcy: You’re serious? You wouldn’t have…??

O’Malley shakes his head again, but he waits for her to do what he is asking. He waits for her promise. She takes in a deep breath and then lets out a sigh.

Darcy: So you’re asking me to stop hating on your dead wife, because you were at fault. And you want me to promise not to interfere on your behalf?

O’Malley: That’s what I’m askin’. Let me accept the consequences of me actions, and let me make up for everything I’ve ever done to ye fer the rest of our lives. Please, love.

Darcy looks away for a moment, thinking about what she wants to do. O’Malley prays this works as he stares at her and holds her hand. After a long silence, Darcy turns her focus back to him.

Darcy: Alright. I promise I won’t interfere on your behalf. I can accept that as a rational request.

O’Malley smiles.

O’Malley: Thank ye, love. I just need to do this meself.

Darcy: And if you really want to make up for all the hurt you caused me, I have something to ask of you. Something, I don’t think will be a problem.

O’Malley: Anything, love. Anything ye want me to do, and it’s yer’s.

Darcy smiles as she takes his other hand.

Darcy: I want us to have a family. O’Malley, I want us to have a baby…

O’Malley’s expression soon fades, and he goes speechless. That...was not what he was expecting, and the hopeful smile on her face was enough to make him instantly regret it. Not only did his actions have consequences, but his words did, too…

The scene opens up just outside the GO Gym in Las Vegas- the setting for not only the next episode of SCU Underground, but of this week’s episode of Climax Control as well. O’Malley is seen standing against the wall, dressed in his training gear, and Darcy is nowhere to be seen.

O’Malley: All this week I’ve had reminders thrown at me, that me actions have consequences. Me words have consequences. Everything...everything has a consequence. Take for instance, this entire episode of Climax Control. It’s one big consequence of Christina Rose winning the Queen For A Day thanks to the five Bombshells she went up against failing to stop her. And in two weeks time, we find out what Jacky Boy has in store for us. From top to bottom this show is a big mess.

O’Malley growls and shakes his head. He folds his arms and looks to his right, as an unknown GO Gym trainee walks into the facility.

O’Malley: Some people aren’t so quick to judge Christina for the mess she caused though. A certain someone, who I’ll get to in just a little bit, think that anyone would have put themselves over with this opportunity. Wrong boyo. Ye see, I wouldn’t have done what so many others admitted they would have by giving meself a World Heavyweight Championship opportunity. Hell, I ain’t even gonna do that when I beat Bill, Griff and Kris. It ain’t about skyrocketing to the top anymore. It’s about building meself up and doin’ somethin’ great with me career. I don’t wanna burn meself out too quickly like so many have done. Take from that what ye will, but that’s the God’s honest truth.

O’Malley stands up straight and looks back into the camera.

O’Malley: Someone who is gonna find out a harsh reality in consequences, is the mentally unstable old fart, Bill Barnhardt. *chuckles* That rhymed. But back to me point. That dipshite is gonna learn what happens when ye piss off the wrong Irishman, which is his existance on this roster has done with me. It’s pissed me the feck off, and I ain’t about to let some worthless hack like ye, Bill, earn an opportunity at a title that ye just don’t deserve. What ye do deserve though, is a damn piss test and a trip to the shrink, because yer either on somethin’, or yer downright mentally incompetent, fella.

O’Malley brings his hands up to his head as he focuses on Bill Barnhardt. He seems completely baffled as he lets out an awkward laugh.

O’Malley: I...I just don’t get it. Bill just lost to Austin James Mercer in an Internet Title match, which he only was given because Kris Ryans let him win their match last month on Climax Control. He makes a feckin’ fool of himself in his promos, and Christina gives him an opportunity to winna future championship match by the end of the year?! Crazy must really support crazy, because that was clearly a sympathy booking or some shite. I know that’s the case because Barnhardt is buddies with another crazy in Senor Vinnie. Feckin’ infuriating that these whackjobs even have contracts…

O’Malley shakes his head and leans back against the wall again. He lets out a sigh looks back into the camera.

O’Malley: Bill, I want ye to understand something, fella. Ye and that annoying wife of yers, yer not as good as ye seem to think ye are. Listenin’ to the both of ye run yer mouths is like listenin’ to robots, it’s that feckin’ monotonous and boring. Nobody gives a shite about yer dumbarse dog’s even bigger mental problems bein’ attracted to a God damn cactus. And nobody wants to see the likes of ye, or yer crazy crew, become a champion in SCW because it would be an embarrassment. Yer a God damn embarrassment, Bill. Ye make Mark and Christian look back just for offerin’ ye a contract!

O’Malley shrugs.

O’Malley: I’m sure I’ll get scolded for that one, but I know I ain’t the only one to think that. But I’m sure I’m the only one brave enough to say it out loud. Bill Barnhardt is just out of place in this match, because he’s just nowhere near the level that the rest of us are. Those are just facts, Bill. I mean, take a look at the first fella we’re facin’. Griffin Hawkins. The ever popular rockstar! Ye really think ye stand a chance over him?

O’Malley shakes his head and laughs.

O’Malley: Nah, fella. Griffin Hawkins is the greatest thing since sliced bread! He deserves all the success he can get! People love him and his ridiculous out of style hair and his shite music! He’s the make version of Roxi Johnson. Everyone’s feckin’ hero. Ain’t I right Griff?

O’Malley curls his lip up as if disgusted.

O’Malley: Feck that, fella. If there’s one thing I don’t understand it’s why everyone loves ye so much, because yer about as excitin’ as a pet rock. That ain’t excitin’ at all, Griff. Ye just have people backin’ ye up and lovin’ everything about ye because ye pander to what they want. Ye try and make yerself look cool, but yer just some dumbarse livin’ in the eighties for God knows why. And now ye got it in yer head that yer actually deserving of a shot at the World Heavyweight Championship? Not yet, Fella. Maybe someday, but despite what ye might think, yer just not on that level yet. And just like Bill, yer gonna learn that yer actions have consequences too. Ye declaring yer intention for the World Heavyweight Championship? It’s gonna lead to serious disappointment fella.

O’Malley cracks his neck from side to side and keeps his focus on the camera.

O’Malley: Don’t get me wrong, fella. Ye’ve got the fighting spirit. Ye’ve got the determination. Ye’ve held championships already, but just because ye’ve held the Roulette and the Internet titles, that doesn’t mean ye’ve improved enough to deserve a shot at the top title, Griff. I don’t think ye can stand toe to toe against Ben Jordan and outshine him at all. He might say otherwise and spout off a bunch of honorable bullshite, but that’s just who Ben is. Try to build ye up, only to make himself look that much better when he defeats ye, because ye know he would.

He pushes himself away from the wall, taking a few steps closer to the camera, which doesn’t move.

O’Malley: A couple months ago, I made the mistake of thinking the same thing, Griff. I accepted Benny Boy’s open challenge for the title and it came back to bite me in the arse. I wasn’t ready, an’ I’m man enough to admit that now. But, I’m doin’ what I need to do to build meself up. I’m bustin’ my arse makin’ meself better day in and day out, but ye, Griff? Ye just march to the beat o’ the same boring drum. Ye’ve got potential, Griff. I know ye do, but yer wasting it. If ye continue bein’ this version of yerself, ye’ll never be worth it. Ye might get lucky, but luck only gets ye so far, Griff.

O’Malley backs up, but still keeps his eyes locked on the camera.

O’Malley: Ye couldn’t even beat Kris Ryans at Into The Void, Griff. Do ye think yer gonna be able to beat him, and two other guys Sunday on Climax Control?

O’Malley shakes his head.

O’Malley: Think again. Speakin’ of Kris Ryans...that leaves the worst fer last, doesn’t it? I ain’t gonna make the mistake of sayin’ he’s the best, because knowin’ his ego, he’ll agree with it, and he’s far from the best. I was downright sick to me stomach when Kris Ryans returned to SCW, because I was hopin’ he’d just dropped off the face of the planet.

O’Malley’s nostrils flair. He closes his eyes and brings his hands up to his temples, trying to massage away a sudden headache.

O’Malley: Ye see, Kris Ryans...When ye came back to SCW, ye reminded me of somethin’ I would just rather forget. Ye reminded me of the fact that, just over two years ago, ye were the last man I faced before I disappeared meself from the wrestlin’ world. My actions that night...my complete lack of focus...it allowed ye to beat me, and that is perhaps the biggest mistake of me career. Do ye remember that, Kris?

O’Malley opens his eyes. He glares into the camera, his mood suddenly taking a one hundred eighty degree turn.

O’Malley: Ye were the World Heavyweight Champion at the time, Kris. Feck if I know how that happened, but ye were. Ye were the top fella in SCW, and I was just breaking out into the business, still grievin’ the loss off me wife and wantin’ nothin’ more than to make her proud. But, I wasn’t ready to be in that spot at the time, Kris. I was a shell of the man ye see today, and don’t ye dare make the mistake of thinkin’ that I’m the same person I was back then.

His nostrils flair again.

O’Malley: Ye know, all week ye’ve been on me case on Twitter, spoutin’ off yer opinion of how I cashed in me briefcase in SCU for the Underground Championship. Ye and everyone else are judging me, callin’ me a coward and sayin’ I shouldn’t be proud of how I won the title. I don’t give a shite about how I won it, Kris. What matters is what I’m gonna do with me reign as champion, but this match on Sunday...this ain’t about SCU. This is about SCW and the chance to earn a shot at any championship by the end of the year. A shot ye’ve already admitted you’ll use against Ben Jordan if ye walk out with the win.

O’Malley backs himself against the wall and folds his arms again.

O’Malley: I was about to say that not one person is happy to see ye back in SCW, but we all know a certain Bombshell is. But I ain’t gonna stand here and mention her name, because nobody wants to hear. Nobody wants to see her face back in SCW anymore than they want to see ye back here. And they certainly don’t wanna see ye lead this company as it’s top champion. The only way ye’ll walk out of this match as the winner, is if Griff or Bill fail, because I ain’t gonna make the same mistake twice.

O’Malley closes his eyes and takes in a deep breath. He remains silent for a few moments, his mind thinking about this Sunday, and the opportunity that lies ahead. He opens his eyes a few moments later.

O’Malley: Some people out there, they’ll say this match is anyone’s guess. Anyone of us has a chance to win it. Bill beat Kris. Griff beat Bill. Kris beat Griff and me. I’m sure that to everyone watchin’, not one of us stands out over the others fer that reason. But they’d be wrong because let me all remind ye of just where this match is takin’ place on Sunday. This building behind me. The GO Gym. The place where me career was built.

He turns around and places his hand on the wall.

O’Malley: It’s the place where I just can’t allow meself to fail. Not on me own turf. Not in front of the ones who taught me everythin’ I know and the ones who keep pushin’ me to be even greater. Sunday night is MY night, and there’s not a damn thing any of ye can do about it.

O’Malley stares into the camera all fired up. It is at that moment that the door just several feet away from him swings open. Darcy’s voice can be heard a moment.

Darcy: Break is over, my love. Back to work…

O’Malley steps forward and reaches towards the camera.

O’Malley: See ye Sunday, fellas.

And with the push of a button the scene fades to black.
>