Author Topic: A New Beginning, Chapter One  (Read 497 times)

Offline Char Kwan

• Enter The Dragon
    • View Profile
    • Char Kwan
A New Beginning, Chapter One
« on: May 21, 2020, 05:35:26 PM »
 “You can't go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” CS Lewis

\'user

Rodgers’ Family Home
January 14, 2020

Sweating is dripping down Vector’s face as he stands just outside his garage with one of his hands holding down the handle of his push lawn mower. His wife Carolyn is sitting on a lawn chair holding a cup of tea in her right hand. Vector starts up the lawn mower as Carolyn watches with happiness all over her face. “You are looking good babe,” Caorlyn shouts as Vector just waves his hand. It’s obvious that he couldn’t actually hear her. “Such a handsome man,” Carolyn continues to spew out as she watches her husband doing yard work.

It has been a while since Carolyn had her husband home for a longer time than a week or two. A few minutes later, Vector comes over towards his wife with his chest glistening in the sunlight. Carolyn is in awe of her husband’s physique when the sound of his cell phone rings over them. “Are you expecting anyone?” Carolyn asks as she reaches for his phone sitting on the table next to her. “No, I’m not expecting anyone,” he answers her in between sips of his Mountain Dew. Carolyn nods her head as she swipes the phone left to hang up the phone call. Vector finishes his Dew and gives his wife a slight peck on her cheek before moving back towards the lawn mower.

Caorlyn watches him walk away from her as she leans back in her chair.

Vector’s training session
Before Covid-19

The days had begun to blend together as Vector was getting restless at home. He had enjoyed spending time with his lovely wife. One day, his wife had gone to work so he thought it would be a perfect time to hit the All Stars Gym in Gainesville, Florida. Vector pulls into the parking lot driving his 66 Chevy Camaro. He takes a vacant spot before turning the engine off. He steps out of the vehicle before reaching behind his seat and pulling out his gym bag. He slings the strap over his chest while shutting the door. He proceeds to do a full one eighty degree turn as he heads toward the front door.

Vector opens the door and steps over the threshold. “Rodgers, you are late,” a voice booms out as Vector stops at the small desk and picks up a clipboard sitting on top of it. “How can I be late Coach? I didn’t set an appointment,” Vector fires back at Coach Peters, the man responsible for training him, his sister, and Brandon Sludge. “Do you always have to be a smart ass?” he asks Vector. Vector smiles. “I can’t help it Coach,” he answers with a smirk. “Rodgers, drop and give me fifty,” Coach Peters orders him. “Do you want that in small bills or a cashier’s check?” he replies. The veins in his neck start to pop as he looks Vector directly into the eyes.

“Knock off the wise ass remarks and give me fifty push ups,” Coach demands as Vector chuckles. Vector does as Coach wants. Vector pops back up after the first set of fifty. “Why the full court press,” wonders Vector. “You have made this gym look bad with your lackluster performance in Sin City Underground,” the Coach states as Vector shakes his head. He didn’t want to relive his failed attempt at being a solo performer. “I’m going to hit the bag,” he mutters while stepping away from Coach. Coach Peters nods his head while watching him.

A few hours later, Vector is having a sparring session with Coach Peters as he works on his footwork. “Your footwork has improved since you first started,” Coach admires as he continues to work with his first student. The two continue to spar when the bell over the front door jingles. “Keep your hands up,” Coach instructs Vector. “May I help you?” the receptionist of the gym asks the lady standing in front of the door. “Yes, I am looking for Vector Rodgers,” the lady answers. “He’s in the ring with Coach Peters,” the receptionist motions with her three fingers. “Thank you,” the lady says politely while moving across the floor towards the ringside area.

Vector executes a perfect suplex as Coach Peters rolls over toward the ring ropes and grabs his lower back. “Damn!” he shouts. “I take it we are done for the day,” Vector wonders as he kneels next to his coach while holding out his hand. Coach Peters reaches his hand up and nods his head. “Excuse me,” a voice echoes as both men turn their heads toward the lady wearing a beige sundress. “Cheryl!?” questions Vector.

Confusion floods his face as Cheryl steps two inches closer toward the ring. “Hello Vector,” she says softly. “What are you doing here?” he asks her while stepping through the ropes and sitting onto the apron. “Your sister needs your help,” Cheryl answers. Vector’s eyes and ears lit up when his sister was mentioned. “Tell me more,” he tells Cheryl while hopping off the apron. Cheryl nods her head as they head off toward the gym’s office.

Can you believe how my luck has changed since January of this year? My contract expires for Sin City Underground and I’m sitting at home being a normal husband. It was an awesome time to recharge and relax. However, as time went by, I was starting to lose myself. I kept myself in shape by visiting my home gym each chance I got while my lovely wife was at work. When Cheryl Hastings came to me, I immediately hopped onto the first flight and came right back to Las Vegas.

I was there when my sister and her best friend did the unthinkable. Daniela and Brandon proved to the world that they were a team to watch for in 2020. I know what Char and I tried to do on the following episode of Climax Control wasn’t very cool. However, the fact that you two jack legs couldn’t be adults about it and say it to our faces showed how immature you two really are. The fact that you two couldn’t even handle a loss makes me wonder if this should be your last chance.

I know my track record thus far isn’t very spectacular but I am the wild card in this entire scenario. I have seen how your body of work is thus far Malachi. You are sloppy at best. You claimed to be stronger than Brandon. However you failed to deliver. You have failed each time during a major match. What makes this match any different? This Climax Control marks my official debut for Sin City Wrestling. I am looking forward to showing just how talented I am inside that ring. I may not possess the power that Brandon has but I am the most technical wrestler within the Trenton Tigers. I am also quick for my size. I am incredibly intelligent. I am always thinking three moves ahead of anyone I am facing. This match should be no different. I am confident that Char Kwan will outperform your precious Bella. I am not worried about that in the slightest. We have nothing to truly gain in this match except experience and to prove that no matter what the Trenton Tigers are a true team.

Now Malachi, I hope you are ready for a fight because the King of Throwbacks is going to break you down. Let the good times roll.