Author Topic: BEN JORDAN (c) v JAKE RAAB  (Read 1638 times)

Offline Christian Underwood

• TAFKATPF aka The Artist Formerly Known As The Pink Flamingo
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Christian Underwood
BEN JORDAN (c) v JAKE RAAB
« on: March 29, 2020, 09:31:29 PM »
 Post all Supercard roleplays here.

Roleplay limits: 1 roleplay per week, 10,000 words maximum

Good luck!  
« Last Edit: March 29, 2020, 09:33:58 PM by Mark Ward »

“To err is human - but it feels divine.”
? Mae West

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2020, 07:24:48 AM »
 Sunday 29th March 2020

You've watched Evie's promo, right? It's not aired yet? No problem, I'll be patient and wait. In the mean time, go watch Mark Cross' promo, cause that's the start of what's going on with Evie.... Oh, that also hasn't aired yet? All good, when they air, it's Mark Cross, then Evie than this one to continue on the story, hell's yeah, link across three promos, we're the Arrowverse this week...

Anyway, you've seen them now? Good, good, sitting comfortably? Let's continue.

Evie and I had sat in that dressing room for what felt like hours, her head on my chest, her eyes closed. I listened for her breathing. Head injuries are no joke and that one felt pointless. If this was written, you'd sit and wonder who's crazy mind a stupid bump like that would run through at a show like this, ludicrous stuff, but it had happened and Evie was suffering.

My eyes focused on the clock in the dressing room.

"They must be closing this place soon." I whispered to myself before my eyes fell back on my wife. "Come on Mrs J, time to get going."

I put her arm over my shoulder and stood up but her eyes opened, glassy and obvious that she wasn't completely with me.

I picked up our case we shared between us and we walked through the Staggs Dungeon, I knew my way well, I'd spent some time here years ago with members of the Staggs family and to the exit. The Saxon Hotel was just across the road as we would say in England, not too far away, only took a few minutes to walk at a usual pace, but this took a good fifteen minutes. We got back to the hotel and the lobby had medical staff in masks testing everyone, as standard SCW procedure had become. Evie had barely opened her eyes for a second or two during testing, although she was none to pleased with a stab being pushed up her nose, I'll tell ya that for free. After all said and done there, her legs looked like they didn't wanna work, so over my shoulder she went and to the hotel room we went.

Dropping the bag next to me, I fished in to my pocket for the key card with Evie over my shoulder and slid the card down the slot, using the same hand to push the door open and in to the room. Bear stared up, waking from his twentieth nap of the day to see me walk in to the room with Evie over my shoulder and quickly sprung to his feet.

"She took a whack to the head." I told our dog "She's a bit doolally."

I walked through the room to the sofa and placed Evie down.

"Keep an eye on her son." I said to Bear as I moved back towards the door, grabbing the bag from the hallway and in back in to the room.

Bear had listened too literally at this point, or was being a wise arse as he jumped on the sofa, putting his face an inch or two from Evie's face, just tilting his head every so often, expecting her to open her eye. I placed the bag down and looked at the room, debating taking a quick snapshot of them, but decided against it for two reasons, one, Evie would kill me, and two, as soon as Bear sensed a camera was about, he'd have turned his head to look towards it. He had a gift for knowing when cameras were around.

"When I said...." I trailed off. "Nevermind."

I clicked my fingers at Bear, who jumped off the sofa, but stayed very close to Evie, staying within a few feet. I quickly stepped towards my wife and repositioned her, laying her down, just holding her up a little to put a pillow underneath her head before laying her flat.

I wanted to keep her awake, if only for a few hours. I'd heard about things like this, but the doctors who saw her after the match said it was ok, migraine, but I was worried for her, I was slightly scared that if she slept, she wouldn't wake up, but for now my fears were put at ease as she opened her eyes, staring at Bear as he stayed close.

"Bear?" She muttered. "Where am... How did I..."

Her voice was soft and croaky, her words slow and drawn out as she looked around the room, just seeing me from the corner of her eye.

"Ben, how did I get here?" She asked, trying to sit up.

Remember those times as a kid when you fell asleep, and your parents would take you to bed and you wouldn't know how you got there? Evie was having one of those moments right at that point.

"Magical fairies brought ya here." I said with a cheeky grin.

"Is that your new nickname?" She asked with a smile.

Ah, so the smart arse Evie was still in there somewhere as I watched her sit herself up on the sofa, Bear quickly jumping on the sofa and putting his head on her lap.

"But seriously." She asked in an unsurprising serious tone for those words. "How did I get here?"

"I got you across the road, carried you for the most part." I told her.

"Don't we have to go and get tested?" She asked, her body straightening up.

"We did already babe." I said back with a smile.

I could see the confusion grow on her face as she looked towards me.

"We did?" She asked, not sure if she believed me.

"We did." I replied. "Now all we have to do is stay here till they say otherwise and we're all good. Till then, I get to play nurse maid until you feel better."

"You don't have to do that." Evie said with a shake of her head and a slight wince.

"I don't have to do anything." I told her, but I'm gonna anyway. "So anything you need, I am a nurse, butler and everything else in between. I wanted to say a third thing cause it sounded cooler but my mind blanked."

Evie smiled as she waved me towards her.

"How about husband?" She said as I sat down next to her.

"Perfect." I said with a smile. "How about some TV for a bit?"

Evie nodded as she put her head on my shoulder as I reached for the remote control, quickly clicking the button and waited for the screen to light up.

"OOOOO." I said excitedly "Jersey Boys, how's that?"

Evie agreed and we spent a bit of time watching the movie, well, when I said a bit of the time, I watched the whole thing, Evie fell asleep shortly after the start but I constantly made sure she was ok. It's just what I do.

Monday 30th March 2020

I've listened to everyone tell me that I'll go full pelt crazy by the end of this quarantine, but honestly, I ain't been worried at all. I'm loving it in a way, cause this hotel has so much to do, I don't think I'll ever get bored of talking about it. When a company treats us this well, why would you get bored of it?

Could you tell I was trying to prove something there? Oh good.

But it's true. People making big deals about maybe getting bored or whatever and there's me sitting there thinking there's not many companies that would pay out for a private lab to test you to keep you safe, not many companies would give you a luxury hotel like this, they'd go cheap but SCW, SCU and GRIME have pulled off a blinder here by getting us this place.

Even if others don't appreciate it, I do. Thank you, the world doesn't revolve around one person.

I don't wake up thinking oh God, it's the same thing over and over again, I mean, do you think that when you're on vacation? No, you look forward to the day, even though eight hours of it is the same old sitting by the pool and trying to get a tan, but you don't complain at that. This to me was a holiday, a break away. I still had the important people around me in Evie and Bear. I still had my SCW World Heavyweight Championship. I woke up every day in this place with a smile on my face and as spring in my step because it wasn't boring.

Today I woke up no different, spring in my step and looking forward to the day, because in a world like this, you need to appreciate the good times and we were in a luxury hotel people, we were in times of trouble making the best of it, there was a lot to do but I figured I had time to do it, but we were stuck in the hotel room for the last 24 hours because we'd been to the show, we've been tested again and had to wait for the all clear to go out.

Them's the rules if you wanna keep to them and be realistic....

I sat in the living room area of the hotel room we had, casually glancing at my phone, no I wasn't bored, just hoping that we would be given the all clear or told we were sick, stay in that room. This was an import one for me. I wanted to be headlining in front of my own crowd in London, England, that got taken away from me cause of this poxy virus. Getting it last week, or two weeks ago, I could have got away with but getting it now, my supercard dream would be well and truly over, it would be finished, the title belt would have to go because there would be no choice. World titles need to be defended or won at supercard's and me getting bad news now, as per SCW rules, I won't be allowed out of here for weeks.

This was my train of thought.

"What's wrong with you?" Evie's voice asked me, snapping me out of the train of thought I was currently in.

My eyes drifted on to her standing in front of me, hands on hips as she looked down at me. Usually a smile was on that Australian face but today, there was nothing. Evie looked pale, like the colour had drained from her face.

"Are you feeling ok?" I quickly replied. "You still look like a vampires had a go at ya or something, looking a bit peaky. Do you still have that headache?"

She didn't answer right away, just looked at me for a few seconds, as if she was fixed or focused on something else on someone else, even though she was looking right at me.

"Evieeeeeeeeeee." I said in a high pitched tone. "Evie baby...."

Sorry, I'd been watching Jersey Boys after the show, oh what a night.

Evie looked at me but it seemed like her mind wasn't there. From sitting on the sofa, I quickly stood up and run my thumb down her cheek, causing her to seem to snap back to reality.

"Sorry..." she said softly. "Drifted away then."

"Did you get up and go partying while I was dozing?" I asked with a smile.

Evie knew I was joking, I'd spent last night trying to keep her awake to make sure noting happened with that headache turning in to more. Not sure where I heard it, it might be an old wives tale for all I knew, but I tried to keep her awake, but as you saw earlier, failed miserably.

"Soon as you closed your eyes." Evie protested. "But I'm fine. Feeling a little better today"

I knew something still seemed off with Evie but I couldn't put my finger on it. It was a bad bump last night but she said she was feeling better today. I knew there was a chance she was down playing everything, I know my wife but I had to take her word for it. Although I had doubts, I couldn't doubt her word. That's not how it worked with us.

"So what's your plans for today darling?" I asked her.

We was expecting the all clear any time now, based on the time it took last week, so plans were made for the day sort of.

"Well when I get that all clear." She started. "I have to go talk strategy with Mark Cross. I didn't expect him to be any good and help get us this far."

"Hey, remember when you had the hump with me for getting you involved in this?" I said to her with a smile.

I knew I was pushing my luck, although the tension between Evie and I had all but gone because I signed her up for this tournament, but they say with everything, someday, you'll sit back and laugh about it? I was hoping this was one of those times. An unimpressed look crossed her face, before turning in to a slight smile, bringing a smile to my face.

"You've smashed this tournament, you deserve to go on and win it." I told Evie with a reassuring tone. "It's only Kate Steele after all, the mask doesn't give her super powers and if she did, she'd probably waste them by endangering thousands of lives to sleep in her own bed."

Harsh, but fair but it's not like anyone with super powers who would do that, is watching this. Too busy fighting crime or something.

"I dunno." Evie's Australian tone filled the room.

"I do." I told her with a smile and a nod. "You've got this far, plus you got this far last year, and it didn't work out well, so it's a chance to put some wrongs right and go win it."

I was hoping my words had an impact on her, but it was tough to say. She's grown in to the tournament as things have gone on, she's looking like the old Evie in the ring, but I knew she would doubt herself without reason at times.

I couldn't continue that thought as my phone had lit up from a nearby table, the name of Mark Ward on the front of it. I quickly gave Evie a nod and moved past her to press the button on the phone and quickly hit the speaker phone button.

"Hello." I say quickly.

"If ya wife with wife, put it on speaker." Mark Ward's voice says down the phone.

"Way ahead of ya." I told him. "Already on speaker."

"Good." Hot Stuff replied. "Doing the rounds with the test results and such and you and Evie have come back negative."

I looked at Evie with a smile, who responded with one of her own.

"In fact, everyone came back negative, wrestlers, crew, hotel staff and guests coming in for the next show." Hot Stuff said. "So if everyone can stick around in the hotel, and not go out too much for the next couple of weeks, we're all good."

"Great news." I replied with a smile at Evie. "Proof that social distancing from the world is actually working for us."

"Just a shame not all are listening." Hot Stuff says. "Staying at their own houses is a worry."

"Gotta admit." I said slowly. "I wouldn't be looking forward to getting in the ring with anyone who hasn't stayed in the hotel."

"People worried about boredom." Hot Stuff replies. "But I understand, you're not the only one who came to me with this concern. Hell, people are trying to get out of matches with others who won't stay in the hotel."

"Well I'm a pro." I told Hot Stuff. "I dunno if Jake is here or not, I haven't seen him about, I dunno if he's gonna go full Raab and ignore everything just to suit himself, but I'll do the match and get tested afterwards and if need be, go in to lock down. That'll be something, eh? I die because someone got bored in the hotel and wandered off."

"It won't come to that." Hot Stuff told me. "If he does wander off and refuse testing, we'll pull him from the match. It's his loss."

"I'm sure it'll be fine." I told Hot Stuff.

"Also." Hot Stuff says. "When you get some time. We're shooting a warning to the world about this thing. Want you, Christina, Kate, Austin, Griffin, Candy, Johanna and Alex to get the message out there about social distancing and staying in. We're hoping as champions, people will listen to you and stay at home. This country has been ruined by this, we need to do what we can."

After the way I spoke on Climax Control, I figured I was a good person to talk about this. I have elderly relatives, I have people I love that could be effected by this, I could be effected by this. We're in a position of power, being on television every week and talking to millions world wide. I guess it would make sense.

"I can do that." I said with a nod. "I'll sort something soon."

"Thanks." Hot Stuff said appreciatively. "It doesn't have to be long, just enough to get people to take this seriously and we'll mix it in with the others."

"Not a problem." I said. "I'll catch ya soon."

With that, I pressed the button on the phone and ended the call and looked at Evie.

"Looks like we're free." I said with a smile.

With that, Bear appears, waking up from his first of maybe five morning naps. He'd been waiting for that so he could wander around the hotel, getting adoring looks from people as he passed them, that boy liked the attention.

"I guess I'll go get this meeting with Cross out of the way." Evie said with a deep breath. "Then our time is our own."

"You mean you're all mine." I said with a wink.

Evie nodded in agreement, let's get business out of the way and fast. By that, I might as well go and shoot this thing that Hot Stuff asked me to. You can see that right here if you just stay tuned, it's will be airing right after this....

Not even an hour had passed between Evie and I parted ways for a bit, and I took a walk through the hotel with Bear. I got a message from Christian to meet him to do the filming for this information video in a small conference room in the hotel. It didn't take me and Bear long to find it, but it wasn't like I expected. Usually these things are filmed in front of so many people, filmed in front of a full crew with cameras from different angles, but this was just Christian, in a room, with 1 chair and one camera.

"Cor!" I started as I walked in to the room, Christian looking around at me. "Busy in here, it's like Piccadilly Circus here."

I had the SCW World Heavyweight championship over my shoulder. Christian glanced up from his phone just to look towards me.

"Social distancing and all that." He replied with not much tone in his voice. "We can make this quick so you don't have to have too much time taken from your day."

"It's all good." I tell him. "What do you need me to do?"

"Just sit in front of the camera, say who you are, and talk about the importance of things." Christian starts. "Keep the championship belt in clear view."

Christian taps his chin as he looks at Bear, I could tell his mind was working over time. Christian was a bit of a perfectionist, he wanted everything done right, he wanted things to come across the best he could.

"In fact, let's have Bear in the shot too." He said walking towards the camera.

Bear didn't need to be asked twice as he ran towards the chair in front of the camera. I couldn't help but smile at him. He loved the camera, he loved being on the camera, even if it cut in to his nap time. He loved it. I walked towards him and shook my head.

"On the deck you." I told him, causing him to turn his head and look at me.

I pointed to the floor and Bear jumped from the seat and to the ground and I quickly sat down while Christian adjusted the camera. I pulled the championship over my shoulder.

"Any time  you're ready." Christian told me as he hit the record button. "Don't need to be too long."

I took a deep breath as I looked at the camera.

"Hey, my name is Ben Jordan, and I'm the SCW World Heavyweight champion." I told the camera. "And this is Bear."

I stroke Bear on the head, causing him to smile.

"Today I've been asked to talk to you about what is going on in the world." I said. "The world is a scary place right now. So much uncertainty and worry because of this pandemic. I know people are scared and it wouldn't be a stretch to say that even guys like me are scared of what could happen. We've never been faced with something like this but like everything else in life, we can overcome it."

My eyes darted to Christian who nodded his head as he listened to me.

"I'm scared for myself and my family." I said putting my hand on Bear's head. "I'm scared for the world but there's smart people in this world that are working day and night on things to help us get through this and we will get through this and be a better world."

The last line caused Christian to raise an eyebrow.

"Because when we're done with this, we will appreciate things more, we will hug people tighter, we will not take things for granted anymore." I look up to see a slight smile pass on Christian's face. "We will have more love for the people we care about but we need to get there together, we need to get there fast and there are ways to speed things up to get there, and it's all about being smart."

I paused for a few seconds, just to gather my thoughts.

"No one likes making sacrifices." I started "but for the good of ourselves, for the good of our friends and families, we have to. We have to, just for a short time, stay in our own homes, away from friends and families, I know it's hard, I know it's gonna be a struggle, but if you don't live with someone, don't go and visit, use the wonderful world of modern technology and face time, whatsapp video to see those loved ones. Please don't go out unless you really have to, no gatherings, no meeting, no going to friends houses. It might not be fun to do, but it is essential if you want to slow the spread of this virus, to allow hospitals to be able to save as many people as they can. That's what it's all about."

People think all this is actually about getting rid of the virus, but I've done my research. Staying in for a few weeks won't get rid of the virus, but it will buy us time to beat it. That is what it's about, slowing it down and giving the hospitals chance to deal with it.

"So please listen and stay in doors, wash your hands at regular times." I said looking down the camera. "Do your part to protect people who need protecting and lets beat this together."

I raise my hand in a wave gesture.

"Stay safe world!" I said with a nod.

Christian cut off the camera and looked at me with a smile.

I think that should get the message across to people. Anyway, so I got a surprising call last week that I couldn't say nothing about, but it's all public now. The Green's are no more, both are my friends, but one decided to come see me....

I love being around my friends, they do bring a smile to my face. This is a business where very few friends are made,a lot of people wanna know you for what you can offer them, what you can do for them in terms of their career. I was lucky not to have so much of that, when you look at my friends, Evie excluded here cause she wasn't in the wrestling game before we started dating, had always been good people. Jamie Dean and I hit it off right away, Sammi Marlowe and I instantly clicked, Myself and Amy Marshall took a little time around each other, but we'd grown in to friends. Even the ones that grew distant, like before Jessie Salco became in it for herself - the proof that a lot of people in this business looks out for themselves, she was actually part of the people I considered friends. Then there were guys like Lord Raab, who I helped open up and be more receptive to being around people, he and his husband Samuel McPherson still remain good friends of mine today and still credit me with a lot, but the friends I had from way back when, before I was well know, they're still around. The likes of Spike Staggs, who I could call right now and still pick up where we left off, Mickey Carroll, my old school friend, man I miss being around that Paddy git at times. Friends like Simon Jones, someone who I looked up to that I can luckily call my friend - I know ya watching this Jonesy, sure you don't want that one more match?

And of course, that famous movie star, Drake Green.

Drake Green had been a friend of mine for years, I mean going back to the days of a place that can't be mentioned. We were from two very different backgrounds but we hit it off well and boy have we seen the best and the worst of each other through the years but there's something different about my friendship with Drake. It's always been non judgemental. He's seen my breakdowns that no one else has seen when things have gone wrong, we drunk until the early hours when Emma had left my life, I blubbered like a right prat, but he never judged. I threw on a few pounds, he never called me lard arse. He probably should off because I had a lot of junk in my trunk. I knew about his issues, the issues with booze that changed him in to something I barely recognized - not cause I was smashed either - but he had become a shell of who he was. I knew his probably with the white stuff, and I ain't talking about sugar, and I knew his problems with his roving eye and wandering hands.

I felt for Mikah at times, but I couldn't and didn't judge Drake, I knew what was going on with him but you never know what's going on behind those doors when the world can't see but I don't judge people, I take them who they are and for a huge part of my life, I had taken Drake Green for what he was. I had been his best man at his wedding to Mikah, I have been there for him when times had got dark and it's time to be there for him again and I was proud to be.

I knew Drake's marriage was slowing down, he'd sent me a few random messages lately and they pointed in the direction that he wasn't happen, I think part of me sadly saw it coming, but the tweet to me publicly the other day made me raise an eyebrow.

Is it worth it?

I knew what he meant and of course I wanted him to fight, I wanted things to work out for him, I wanted his son to not live in two homes. Evie and I hadn't always been on solid ground, for two people you see as so different, it was because there were some things that were alike about that caused our clashing, but there would never be a day I wouldn't fight for her, so yes, to me, it was worth it.

I got a weird vibe from that message, so I guess it was no surprise to see that he released a statement across the multi media platforms to announce the end. I felt for both of them, and I know it will lead to a conversation with Mikah when she returns from home to the hotel to continue her part in making SCW a success, and fully expected her to be the one to be coming to Vegas, but it wasn't, it was Drake. Evie and I will be there for both of them, but the message from Drake Green telling me he was heading to Vegas.

Evie had enough of me playing nurse maid to her and wanted to sleep, Drake had flown in earlier and been tested and released, so it was time to catch up.

Friday 3rd April 2020

I whistled as I walked though the hotel, a six pack in hand as I looked around, hoping that I wouldn't be stopped for any reason as I made my way towards a certain area. I had taken the time to look around when I had the chance, looking for a quiet, yet specific place to be and had found the perfect place. A quick message later and everything was ready to go. Still, it wasn't an area that was banned to be in, but probably questionable at least.

I looked around as I got to a certain door, checking the coast was clear as the sign on the door clearly stated that this was an emergency stairwell, not to be used by anyone for any other reason. Turning my head either way and seeing no one was there, I pushed the door open and looked at the grey, characterless stairs, the walls painted what can only be described as battleship grey.

"So this is where Del Boy flogged all that paint." I said to myself.

It was a private joke, but I'm sure someone out there will get it.

I walked down a flight of stairs, between the forth and fifth floor, no doors near for me to be disturbed.

"Good a place as any." I said to myself as I slid down the wall and sat.

A few minutes passed before I heard footsteps coming from below me. I looked down the stairs to see the familiar face of Drake Green moving through the depressed looking stairwell. A smile crosses over Drake's face as he turns the corner to see me sitting on the ground.

"Spare change?" I said in a joking tone as he looked at me.

"Us movie stars don't have change, peasant." Drake's voice said towards me as he dramatically puts his nose in the air.

I quickly pull myself to my feet and put my hand out for Drake but my old friend pulls me in for a hug, social distancing be damned! Well, not be damned, I knew he must have tested negative to be allowed out of the room. Drake can be crazy at times, but he knows what I went though, he knows I'm at risk so he wouldn't have tried to kill me this way.... He'd have done it with booze, more fun that way.

"It is great to see ya." I said with joy filling my voice.

"You too man." Drake said with an equally happy voice.

Releasing the hug, I reached down to pick up two bottles of beer from the six pack and handing one to Drake before leaning on the wall and sliding down it, taking a seated position. Drake moved next to me and sat down. It only took a few seconds before bottle tops were popped off and the bottles were clanged together.

"Cheers mate." I said before taking a gulp of the beer.

"Cheers." Drake replied before doing the same.

"This has been way too long." I commented.

"It has." Drake agreed. "But you know, I've been busy and so have you champ."

I couldn't help but smile, even months with the championship belt Drake once had, I still haven't really got used to the fact that I was the champ.

"Still weird hearing that." I said before drinking again. "Things have been crazy since."

Drake nodded his head, he'd been there and carried SCW on his back for a long time, providing us with some great rivalries, and being the man responsible for ending J2H's legendary reign as champion too.

"You'll get used to it." Drake told me. "Been over a hundred days since you got it."

"Over a hundred days of pure madness." I told Drake. "The other day I shot some public service announcement about people staying in doors because apparently I'm this influential guy."

Drake nodded his head, but I could tell his mind was elsewhere and I wasn't surprised. It had just been a few days since he announced to the world his split from Mikah and I've never been one to dance around subjects, at least not with Drake.

"So finally took the ball and chain off." I said with a laugh, I didn't mean it, I liked Mikah when not many others did.

He looked at his beer bottle before turning his head and looking at me.

"You think I did the right thing?" His words were blunt and lacked tone, but I could see in his eyes he was serious.

This was a tough spot to be in. The Greens had been friends of mine for a long time and Drake and Mikah wasn't too different from Evie and I. Take away the booze, drugs and infidelity from Drake and he's me with a movie career, but the way people looked at Drake and Mikah the same way they looked at me and Evie. They saw it as things wouldn't work out, they thought why are the good guys with the bad women. Fact is, neither Mikah nor Evie were bad women when you turned the cameras off and stepped away from wrestling. With both Drake and I away from the ring at various times, both our wives and had been that, wives.

"I don't think anyone but you can answer that at this point." I told him. "I think it's a case of are you happier today than you was ten minutes before deciding this?"

"I decided this a while ago." He said before drinking another mouthful. "But there was never the right time."

"Well, are you happier now?" I asked him.

I looked at Drake's face, I could only imagine what was going through his mind at this point. Relationships come and go but marriage is meant to stick. As much as he was a playboy, I knew Drake had his doubts, he is still human after all.

"I think so." He told me unconvincingly before his confidence grew. "Yes, yes, I'm happier now. I love her but I hadn't changed, I couldn't change, I was the same guy you knew for years, I am that same guy. She couldn't accept that."

I looked at Drake as he drunk his beer, looking forward at the wall in front.

"No change isn't always a bad thing." I commented. "I haven't changed at all really."

"But Evie doesn't look at you any differently." Drake told me quickly. "She accepted that you're a beer drinking, computer playing football fan that will often go home wasted. She accepted that's who you are. Miks couldn't do that with me."

"Probably because I included her in a lot." I told him. "I got her watching football, got her drinking cheap beer and it worked."

Drake smiled half heartedly directly in front of him, not making eye contact with me.

"End of the day, sometimes things work out, sometimes they don't." I said softly. "But this life is short and with all the pony going on in the world life is getting shorter for some. Fact is none of us know how long we're here for, so gotta be happy while we can. If this wasn't making you happy, then you need to find something that does."

Drake smiled as he turned his head towards me.

"Since when did you become this softy bitch?" Drake said with a laugh in his voice.

"It's this isolation thing mate." I replied with a smile. "You'd be surprised how many female based panel shows there are on TV these days."

It's actually true. They're everywhere and with a million channels to choose from, bound to run in to a few from time to time.

"Anyway." I said raising my beer. "To the future and happier times."

Drake raises his bottle and clings it against my own.

"Happier times." He repeated.

"Right, we got a hotel full of things to do but the bar sells some decent whiskey." I said as I pulled myself to my feet.

"Singing my favourite song." Drake said as he got to his feet.

Well, I ain't gonna show ya what happened the rest of this day to be honest. Hell, there's a few things I don't remember, but it was a good, fun time and it was great being around Drake again. I know he'll bounce back and be stronger. Who knows, maybe he'll even end up in an SCW ring again. I know that this isn't the last time you'll see Drake Green. I hope though it's a little less on the booze side because the next day, I was not in decent shape and I had a promo to cut....

Saturday 4th April 2020

Seeing Drake yesterday was fun, exhausting but fun, but I admit, I'd been a little bit slack this week. It's hard to say why but I just struggled to get going and being on the booze yesterday didn't help but I knew I had till midnight to get things done and sent in for the SCW staff to air, to build up what needed to built up. Other work had been shown earlier this week from the likes of Austin James Mercer, Bill Barnhart etc, but I was running out of time. I decided the pool and the bar was my best option, I knew there would be people about, but it didn't worry me. I was ok around a sanitized crowd and it was time to focus on Jake Raab. So there I was, sitting in a sun lounger with barely a peek of the sun coming down, with my championship across my shoulder, one camera on me as I tried to block out the world around me to talk.

"Well, this is a match that should have happened a while ago but for whatever reason, it didn't." I said, but my mind was getting distracted by the noise.

I quickly clicked my fingers and the whole scene around me froze in place, like someone had hit the pause button and the sound faded away.

"Ain't done that in a while." I comment with a wide grin. "Anyways, alright people."

I stop for a second, giving myself a chance to gather a few thoughts.

"I dunno if Jake Raab lucked in to this time, this show or if it was already in the bosses mind before Jake tried to shoot himself in the foot accepting Fenris' challenge." I had to question. "But it does seem like a Jake Raab trait to do suck a thing. It wasn't so long ago that a few weeks before a supercard, he went off script and demanded a gauntlet match without even finding out if the staff had anything planned for him. Pro tip here, do stuff like that in week one or two, after that, plans might have already been made for you. So seeing you remind me and call out someone else is just so Jake Raab."

It really was, common sense should have said don't make 2 challenges at once.

"So a triple threat was made, but Fenris wasn't up for it." I remind people. "Not that he wasn't up for the fight, but he's right and you have to stand up on your principles. There are some people who don't care about possibly spreading this disease, there are people who claim to be good, simply not caring cause they wanna do their own thing. Seriously, if I wasn't the SCW World Heavyweight champion, because of these people, I wouldn't wrestle either, these people not staying at the hotel would force guys like me and Fenris out SCW for a long time. They're not considerate regardless of how they want you to see them, so I would have gone too. I respect Fenris choice here not to be a part of this thing other than to referee where he can keep his distance. I think that makes Jake Raab luckier than he actually knows."

Oh very lucky in my mind but who knows if Jake will see it.

"You have that bad habit of only caring about yourself Jake, so I'll let you know what I mean." I say confidently. "Firstly, you could have ended up one on one with Fenris, I wouldn't recommend that layer of hell on anyone at all. That's insane, secondly, you could have had that layer of hell as well as facing me, two for one there mate. Thirdly, you've managed to end up with a one on one for the World Heavyweight Championship. Mate, the luck you're having, you should really play the lottery at this point."

A chuckle escapes my lips.

"I know you probably didn't expect me to come at you like this." I say, fairly sure that statement is correct. "You probably thought because I know Markus and Samuel, I wouldn't sit here and pick flaws with you, because I did so much for them. I know I helped them, I helped them be more social, be around their co-workers. I remember a day we were all around eating and drinking with Evie, Jamie Dean, Sam Marlowe, Amy Santino, even Jessie Salco and her crew were there and they seemed social, they had friends in SCW they could hang around with but you remind me of when they didn't, when they hid away, when they were introverts. Thing is with those being that, they still got the job done, they still had success, they still knew how to win and not go over the top, but I see you as different. They were rough and ready but they had a bit about them where they wanted to grow. With you Jake, it's kinda wash rinse and repeat."

I wasn't trying to be harsh, I knew he shares the Raab trait of keeping themselves to themselves.

"Markus called me, asked me to keep an eye on you and maybe help you in the future, but the thing is, I ain't an archer and I ain't got an MMA bone in me, other than what I see on the television, so I doubt you'll have the slightest interest in that." I say with a slight shrug. "But I will give you some advise here. Don't base your whole self off one television show. I mean I like The Flash but I ain't gonna try turn myself in to Usain Bolt and run around at top speed all the time. I liked Dexter, but I ain't gonna go out there and kill serial killers. I loved Burn Notice but I have no intention of being a spy who gets burned. I loved Elementary but my detective skills ain't gonna be up to scratch and don't get me started on The Walking Dead. I could buy a bike and act like that Jax guy on Sons of Anarchy, but that won't define me. My point is we all get you're pretty decent with a bow and arrow to the point you could probably go hunting and not make a sound, or kill someone from thirty feet but my point is, you're not overly appealing for people to wanna know because no one other than you is in to the archery stuff. Be flexible, quit ruining plans without speaking to the right people and endear yourself to people. You see me having a beer, come say hi. Be part of the roster and stop alienating yourself from it."

It was good solid advice. I didn't know if it was gonna fall on deaf ears but it was obvious Jake was an outsider, cursed by his family name.

"That's the advice I'm gonna give ya, now let's talk about this match." I say with a nod. "Blast From The Past does make it awkward for anyone to know what the hell is going on booking wise till the last minute. I've been around long enough to see this and know this. I've lived it for a long time, so that is probably why it took two weeks before to announce you as my challenger. I ain't worried and I ain't scared of the MMA style, the last supercard, I beat the king of MMA around here, I took the punches, I felt the pain, I never gave up and I never tapped out so I know how to handle the MMA style, but I ain't taking it lightly either. I'd be stupid to take it lightly and I know Raab's are fighters so I expect you to bring it to be and have a good go of it but I ain't worried about it all Jake."

I knew deep down he has beaten some good opponents but fear wasn't in me.

"In fact, I think I've grown in to being a champion so much, I'm calm as calm can be mate, there's no nerves running through me, I'm pretty chilled." I say with a relaxed tone to my voice. "I know what will be will be but every day that passes, I grow more and more confident in this role, I am more than relaxed with it all. I look back at past champions, I learn, I grow, I try to step up and be as good as they were. I look at the people they beat and I sit there and know with every passing day, that I could beat those people too, that I could be as good as them and when you look at it, I am becoming that. I haven't lost in a singles match for a long, long time. I haven't lost this year and we're in April. I got the momentum behind me and you have no had the best luck in the world when it comes to these championship matches."

I didn't feel that was a low blow, just stating fact.

"And I can't see your luck getting better here. Look at the last year." I say with a smile. "One year ago, I wasn't even used on the Blaze of Glory card because I was recovering from an illness, well, I was ready but SCW staff were being cautious with me. You was in the main event with Fenris, and you failed there. My whole year has been completely different and you're still back in the main event trying to get a title from someone but this is gonna be the exact same as it was one year ago. You're walking in as the challenger, Fenris will be in the thing, and you will end up walking out without a championship again. I hate to say it Jake, I really do, but while everything has come up rosey for me, everything has stayed standard for you. There's been no improvement, there's been no wow moments. With me, I have fully recovered from illness, I have got in the ring with some of the best around and I have beaten the best. You've stayed where you have been for a long time Jake."

I shrug my shoulders as I look the camera.

"I ain't ready to let this thing end Jake." I state seriously. "I'm sure you'll appreciate the hard work I put in and I'm not willing to let this thing go just yet. There's still a lot left in me as a champion and I'll be proving that at Blaze of Glory VIII."

From behind me, a beer appears in front of my hand, I look up to see Drake Green standing above me holding a beer bottle.

"Round two?" He says with a smile.

"How did you beat the frozen scene thing?" I ask curiously.

"Showed up late." Drake says with a nod. "Even had to get the beers myself."

"Just gimme a second." I say as I look down the camera, taking the beer with my right hand. "Jake, you can bring everything you've got against me and I will still walk away as champion."

"Truth." Drake adds from behind me.

"I will still be walking out of here with my head held high, my belt over my shoulder and a five and zero record." I say with confidence.

"Preach!" Drake says with a wink.

"Until a week on Sunday Jake." I say confidently as I left the championship belt over my shoulder.

I take a gulp of my freshly delivered beer and tilt my head.

"So people, thanks for listening to be ramble on." I say sincerely. "I've been Ben Jordan."

"And I'm Drake Green." Drake says as his face turns seriously.

I look up at Drake as he points at the camera, but he looks down at me.

"Thought we were doing a bit." He says with a shrug.

I smile before looking at the camera and winking.

"Laters people." I say with a point of my finger.

Thanks for watching!

The camera fades to black.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen

Offline Jake Raab

• "The Fiery Target"
    • View Profile
    • Jake Raab
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2020, 11:58:50 PM »
 OOC: Sorry, but I literally had no ideas for this RP, until an hour ago. I'm going to try and think things through it in the second RP.

Jake's path to getting in MMA part 1. Aged eighteen years old. Some years ago. Düsseldorf, Germany. (Off Camera)

In the old boxing gym was a few trainers, doing strikes with some boxers that were amateur and some who were professional boxers. They were doing a class of teaching students how to box and defend themselves. All were very young students, however, Jake wasn't involved in the class. In fact, he was training all by himself, having membership fee to get into the boxing school. He had gotten a black belt in Brazilian jiu jitsu. The only problem was there wasn't any MMA gyms at the time so he had to make do with going to a boxing school to work out.

He did however does Brazilian jiu-jitsu as a hobby of his to get better. His life at the time was to be an MMA champion in the Light Heavyweight division. Jake's true passion has been fighting and nothing else, although his parents have tried to get him into soccer, but while being a fan of Dortmund, it wasn't something he'll like.

Other students watched Jake punched those bags, even kicking them at times, catching the attention of even the trainers in the boxing gym and Germany and most of Europe weren't known for MMA. It was still better than nothing as the trainers saw what Jake could do. He kicked and punched so hard, grinding his teeth that he let out a scream.

Jake couldn't stop as he was enjoying punching the bag a lot, even still living with his parents at the time as well as the trainers walked towards him with one, continuing with the class of them doing boxing. As they saw him take every punch and kick with his eyes focused on the bag as they got concerned, even if Jake was wearing the proper equipment as one of the trainers as the other went to help to assist the other students tapped Jake on his shoulder. Jake turns around to the trainer and says this.

Boxing Trainer 1: “This isn't a kickboxing gym.”

Jake Raab: “I know, but there are no MMA gyms anywhere in this country. All I want to do is become an MMA fighter. I want to do more than just punches, I want to do more than just wrestling. I want to do both combined.”

Boxing Trainer 1: “You're right, there isn't one. You know, I've seen you around as of late, punching and kicking the bags. It is something we do need to develop more in Germany. It is a sport that's growing, but not big enough yet to make it a mainstream sport.”

Jake Raab: “When I saw a bunch of guys punching each other and then taking it to the ground, that's fascinating to me. Not the same old wrestling and boxing only stuff. Ever since I was eight years old, I knew that's what I wanted to do.”

One of the boxing trainers nods at Jake, knowing they could do something like this in their gym, it was big enough to have MMA octagons and MMA classes held in the boxing gym, named as Profi Box Gym. Jake took his gloves off for now, wondering what else could lead him to achieving his goal to greatness as the boxing trainer says this.

Boxing Trainer 1: “Yeah, we do have a few students here that want to do MMA as well. Well, we do have plenty of space here to get some octagons in and start to do MMA classes. It's unknown is why we've not started getting MMA classes organised in this school yet. I think the idea you have is a good one.”

Jake Raab: “I think so as well. It needs to be done in Germany, someone like me can do something with my career than just boxing and Ju-jitsu martial arts. I think we can make a start of creating something like this and be the first ever gym to hold both a boxing and MMA gym.”

There was another boxing trainer who overheard what was going on as they walk over to Jake, nodding with the idea of opening something like that with them privately discussing away from Jake, reconsidering the idea of being the first school in Germany to do both boxing and an MMA gym and the other boxing trainer speaks.

Boxing Trainer 2: “We love the idea, there does need to be MMA gyms in this country, let alone here in Düsseldorf. We can get young kids like you, joining in and have extra lessons of being a true MMA fighter and an MMA champion.”

Boxing Trainer 1: “I'll go and search online later today and see if there's anywhere we can make a start on getting octagons in. We'll revise the timetable to place MMA training when we get those octagons in and if we can't find anywhere that does them, we'll have to make it ourselves from scratch.”

Jake Raab: “Sorry if I'm bothering you with kicking the pads.”

Boxing Trainer 2: “Don't be silly. I have thought about this for a few weeks, but never saw anyone kicking the bags, until now. We'll make a start on those plans in a staff meeting we plan to have today anyway. Please, continue to kick and punch those bags.”

Jake places his gloves on and gets back to work on punching and kicking the bags, until the boxing classes were finished. Jake was told to go at five in the evening as it was closing time for the boxing school. They announced to every staff working in the school that they were having a team meeting and Jake walks back home to his parents where he goes to watch Formula One Practice from Monza, Italy.

Facing a friend Jake's Camera (On Camera)

“Austin James Mercer is a fucking moron. Since when did I cost Danielle a title opportunity? Were you watching the same match? You prove everything I've been saying, your arrogance blinds you with false facts about how the match went down. Didn't you see how Candy had to carry you to victory? My bad I remember things better than you because you refuse to know Danielle cheated to win and you of all people, moaned when O'Melley done the same thing to win.

I done everything to get Danielle not to cheat, but she did, but you said nothing about that, all about you winning the match. Yeah you won, but you can kiss my ass if you think I'm going to respect you. You didn't even praise Candy for getting that win. Stop being an arrogant asshole and wake up to reality that your team got the win, not you. Congratulations Candy for being the better wrestler in that match. You deserve that win.

I wanted to get that off my chest before speaking directly to Ben Jordan. Honestly, I know what's going on with this virus stuff. I know you're with the whole lockdown thing, along with Fenris. I get you don't want people to get the virus. However, that won't stop people that compete in other companies. I mean yeah, it's important, but the problem is to me, the title you hold is important.

Doesn't anyone get why I accepted open challenges. Little do people know, that the world doesn't wait for anybody to achieve title matches. All this about earning title shots, is a load of crap. Nobody should ever have to wait for a title shot. If a title shot is there, you take those opportunities, not wait for them to come.

My bad, but I want to be a champion here, believe it or not. I think it was disgusting people ignored your challenge for a title shot. I challenged you and Fenris because I have the biggest balls in this entire company. I'm not afraid of accepting challenges, I'm not afraid of facing people better than me in the ring which I don't understand why I get shit for wanting to push myself to the limits and yet, everyone else accepting open challenges are fine. You are the top guy to face right now Ben. I refuse to ignore your achievements in the business because damn, you've grown to be a fantastic wrestler here.

Which is why right now, you're the champion everyone should want to face. Yeah, I did go a bit overboard with stuff I said, but you did say nobody accepted your open challenge. I got reassured that it was a misunderstanding and for that I apologise. I will give it everything I have against you and show you how bad I want to win a title match. Do I care about the losses I'm having? Yeah I am, but it means I need to work on stuff. Where I don't know, but I'm going to figure it out.

If I don't win this match, I refuse to not go for a title for a year. A punishment I must take if I lose and figure things out with myself. I don't want to lose another title match, but while you've had many wins since you won the title, even been tested, but as you said, you've not fought me yet and I'm a whole different animal to Fenris. Anyway, I leave things here for now and speak more about you later on in the week.”
« Last Edit: April 05, 2020, 12:00:17 AM by Jake Raab »
>

Offline Ben Jordan

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2020, 11:29:58 PM »
 Well, that was disappointing. I honestly expected Jake Raab to do more to sell the match, a huge match but I ended up confused as all hell. I loved seeing Jake's start in to MMA but I was really disappointed at the fact all he did was speak about Austin James Mercer. Like seriously mate, we're having a match at a supercard, Austin James Mercer has bugger all to do with it!

This had put me in an off mood since Sunday so I thought I'd amuse myself with a bit of Sin City Underground. I would pop off for a beer refill when Tad Ezra mentioned me told me Javi was gonna take my title. Bloody shame I wasn't there cause I think a word might have had to have been had. Still they must like me there, first that Borg bloke and now Tad, ain't I a popular fella, but still a popular fella in a proper grouchy mood.

I'm not sure why this annoyed me so much. I didn't know if I was mad at myself for putting in the effort and trying to get interest in our match and he put in about ten percent effort? Was I annoyed that he had a camera in front of him and I barely got a mention? What would people have said about me if I sat in front of a camera talking about Javi 'I have no good material on Evie so I'll being her husband in to things' Gonzalez, which mate, is uncreative, or Mark Cross? If I spoke about people that might cross my path in the future, it would be disrespectful to my current opponent. Maybe that's what it was, maybe I felt disrespected. Whatever it was, was annoying me just wouldn't go away and I knew I'd even got under Evie's skin just being in this mood. She wasn't used to seeing me like this, but back home in Maine, she'd send me out to a calming place, the lake outside the front door, but I'm in a hotel here and although I wanted to find Jake Raab, and say mate, seriously? To his face, but that wasn't gonna solve anything at all, so it was off to take Bear for a walk around the hotel.

Bear loved being out doors, the lake outside our house in Maine was his favourite place to be, he had made friends with the turtles that called the lake home, but there was no lake here, so Bear liked the only thing he could find that resembled the lake, the swimming pool.

Monday 6th April 2020

Bear had already been 'home schooled' by Evie in art and PE... I kid you not, and it was time for him to get out of the room. He'd learned the layout of the hotel fairly well by now and was leading me through the hallways and up the stairwell to the bar on the roof, where a glorious swimming pool was built. It was a popular spot for SCW people, mostly because of the bar and these guys and gals I work with had a lot of drinkers amongst them. People were social in SCW, SCU and GRIME, well most of them were, some I heard was here but I haven't seen them, but the most part, the bar and pool were usually filled with people and animals. Today was no different.

Bear moved through the door leading out towards the pool and I followed in to the sunlight, looking around at the gathered crowds in their own groups. People were relaxing at pool side, oiled up muscles as far as the eye could see, this would pretty much be heaven to Jamie Dean.... Wait, did I die and end up in Jamie Dean's heaven? Bloody hell, I hope reincarnation is real cause I need to sign up! Anyway, bit off track there. Bear had already ran to the pool, his eyes looking in to the water.

"I dunno what you're expecting to see in there boy." I said with a smile and a shake of my head. "But I'm gonna guess there won't be any turtles in there."

He looked back at me with pure disappointment in his eyes, almost a heartbreaking look of sadness. I often wondered how one dog could pull of so many facial expressions but he knew. It was like he didn't believe me as he looked back in to the water. I shrugged as I looked around to see who was around, but there wasn't too many people who I would actually approach for a conversation. Don't get me wrong, I am seriously an approachable fella, when people wanna come talk to me, I'm as friendly as they get, but I don't often go and randomly talk to people.

"Shall I just leave you staring at the water till it's your next nap time?" I asked Bear but his eyes were too busy darting around the water to pay any heed to me.

I wasn't gonna stand there watching Bear watch water although there was something calming about it to the point I was almost forgetting the horrible mood I'd found myself in over the weekend. I looked around the pool again, still spying no one I knew, there was only one place a guy like me could go while his dog aimlessly stared in to the water.

"Beer please mate." I said to the barman as I reached the bar.

I wasn't planning on getting sloshed as the barman reached in to a fridge and put the beer on the bar, waiting for me to hand over the money, it was more of a what else can I do till he gets bored and gives up looking for turtles. I handed over the money and looked at the cold bottle of Budwieser, the condensation on the outside of the bottle rolling down and making contact with the bar. It gave me time to think a little.

This is a tough old world right now, but for that moment, it was like I could forget all about the struggles. For that moment, I felt grateful to be working with my wife, to have friends like Drake Green, Sam Marlowe, Fenris and Mickey Carroll here with me. It's more than some people have, some people can't see their friends, or their family, but if I didn't have these guys working here with me, this would be my life... Sitting drinking alone. Looking around, I guess we were lucky in a way, we work for people who care, people who have our interests at heart. Right now, life isn't lonely, and at that moment, I appreciated that a little more than most. My alone time was short lived as Christian Underwood took a seat at the bar next to me, sitting two chairs down. I could feel his eyes on me, but my eyes were looking at the beer in front of me again.

"I don't think it's gonna do any party tricks." He said to me, causing my attention to turn to him.

Christian is the bad guy on camera, we all know this, he's not always great off camera, but he's always done good by me and he is a leader of sorts,  someone to look up to a little. He has a big old place just a few miles away but refused to be the cause of anything spreading so instantly moved in with his troops here at the hotel, like a good general would.

"Sorry." I started, it was the English in me to randomly say sorry. "Million miles away there."

A drink was placed in front of Christian as he looked across at me.

"Hotel life turned you crazy yet?" He asked as he picked up his drink.

"Nah, not at all." I replied. "Pretty thankful for it if I'm honest. Not like most who are aching to break out. No need when you got everything here."

"It's a shame others don't have that attitude." He replied dryly before drinking his drink.

"It's not a worry for me." I said with a slight smile. "It's why we moved to Maine. Big house, on a lake, a mile from everything else. Good place to be to relax when you want to hide away from the world, which is what I did before I was so in demand."

"Championship life." Christian casually commented.

"Very much so mate." I stated with a chuckle. "Actually, glad I ran in to you, needed to talk about something."

This seemed to get Christian's attention as he looked towards me with a raised eyebrow.

"Oh?" His reply came back slowly.

"It's about money." I said as I turned to look at him.

"Is this another offer to help SCW to keep going?" Christian asked. "Because Mark and I have had offers from everyone. I don't even really know who Jenny Tuck is but she offered Mark money on Twitter to keep things going but it's fine at this point."

"Nah, nah, nah." I said to him, raising my hands up palms open. "Remember when I first started working for SCW, and I didn't want paying cause I didn't need the cash, but you insisted so instead of paying me, you got the money to charities that needed it?"

Christian smiles widely and nods his head.

"Oh I remember." He said with a smile. "Mark and I thought you got hit on the head too much and lost your mind. Not many people put their body on the line, hell, their lives on the line and don't want to get paid for it. Why do you ask?"

"Cause I wanna do that again." I said to Christian.

I still don't need the money and I ain't a greedy person. I got lucky in life with selling the pub and the land for insane amounts of money, every house I've ever bought has been sold on for more money. Investments have paid off and Evie ain't skint either.

"Sorry?" Christian said as he rapidly blinked.

"I don't need the money." I said to Christian. "But there's other people out there that really do. People are getting laid off from work, struggling to pay their bills. I know a lot have been frozen but it's hard to get back on ya feet when this passes if you have 6 months of debt there to pay back. What if these people can't find work after? People need a bit of help, and championship pay is cool and all, but others need it more than I do."

Christian looked surprised. The memo Mark released stated no one will get paid less during these times and no one has.

"That's a nice gesture." Christian said, genuinely taken back. "Where do you want the money to go?"

"I want it to help older people, people who are struggling to get out and even buy anything." I told Christian. "Care home maybe, but I'll leave that to you guys to figure out where it's best spent. When you do, let me know where and I will double it."

"You're a good guy." Christian said with a warm smile you rarely see from him on camera. "I'll speak to Mark and we'll give you a list to choose from."

"I appreciate it." I said to Christian as he rose from his seat, drinking his drink and giving me a nod.

It felt good to actually do something like that and who knows, once word spread, maybe others will. Sod it, I'll tweet it and maybe others will jump on the band wagon....... And done. It's seriously there, look @CockneyKingBen.

"A very generous offer." A female voice said from behind me, causing me to spin in my chair. "Saint Ben indeed."

Rinoa Williams, wife of old rival Kedron stood before me. It was a weird relationship with Rinoa. Bit of back story here cause I know a lot of you never watched the rivalry I had with Kedron FOR SIX MONTHS! Kedron wasn't human in the full sense of the word, he was something else, he was a witch that messed with my mind, that changed me in to something I wanted to fight, he showed me who my family were, what they'd done to people who practiced witchcraft. Rinoa needed my help to turn Kedron back in to the man he once was, and for some crazy reason, I did it. At least me and Eves got a trip to Greece out of it too.

"Cheers." I replied with a nod, but something caught my attention on the floor.

I stared for a few seconds, focusing my eyes before pointing down.

"Don't wanna alarm ya." I started slowly. "But you got a few of ugly looking things around your feet."

It was almost like they understood everything I said, cause the three creatures both looked at me, staring at me with cold, piercing eyes.

"These are my cats Benjamin." Rinoa informed me.

"Most cats have hair." I replied. "What ya do? Give 'em a haircut."

"It's just their breed." Rinoa said.

Honestly, I know sod all about cats, dog person. To me, all cats look alike, just different colours and apparently some look grumpy. Speaking of being a dog person.

Bear moves towards me, looking up at me and tilting his head before looking towards Rinoa's cats.

"What a magnificent animal you have chosen to share your life wife." Rinoa said as she looked at Bear.

Bear edges closer to Rinoa's cats, looking at them closely, but the cats take off and Bear chases. A slight look of worry appears on Rinoa's face but I quickly wave it off.

"Don't worry, he's a softy." I told her. "He ain't gonna hurt 'em, thinks they're new friends."

"Oh I do not fear for them." She said as Bear follows the cats around the pool, the cats sticking together.

Bear chases them in to the stairwell and out of my sight. I quickly turn to the bar and look at the freezers.

"Give us an ice cream please mate." I said to the man behind the bar before looking at Rinoa. "Want anything?"

Rinoa shakes her head as the barman hands me the frozen treat.

"So where's the pale fella you usually hang around with?" I asked Rinoa, referencing Kedron.

"He is resting." Rinoa told me. "It is the one thing that differs with us. While I like to see things, Kedron prefers seclusion."

"So looking unlikely we'll get him on karaoke in the future." I said with a laugh.

Rinoa returns a friendly smile but Sam Marlowe approaches, tapping me on the shoulder.

"Afternoon Ginge." I quickly said to my friend.

"Afternoon prat." Sam replied in a friendly tone.

It was our thing, I call her Ginge, she calls me prat, you should know that, it's been going on for years!

"Y'all might wanna go check on Bear." Sam said as she pointed to the stairwell.

"Is he not playing with his new friends?" I asked before putting the ice cream to my lips while I wait for the answer.

"I wouldn't call it playing." She replied with a quick shrug.

That got me interested as I looked at Rinoa, the two of us making our way to the stairwell to see Bear sitting with his back to the wall, surrounded by Rinoa's three cats.

"You're bigger than them, just walk over them." I said with a grin

Bear looked at the cats, standing up and considering what I said as I looked on, but promptly sat down again. I couldn't stop myself rolling my eyes and I stepped over the cats and next to Bear, my ice cream lowered towards the cats. Don't ask, I don't know why I thought ice cream would be an effective weapon against cats either.

"Right you lot, turn it in and hop it." I said to the cats as their attention turned to me. "Don't you be giving me those looks either case this thing at the end of me leg is called a foot, when I swing me leg, me foot becomes a bit of a weapon and I know how to use it."

Rinoa stood at the top of the steps, a smile of amusement on her face as she watched me essentially argue with three cats, but a shrill whistle from her lips caused the cats to just turn and walk towards her.

"Got them well trained." I said to her before turning to Bear. "You don't do that when I whistle at you."

"My apologies for my feline friends." Rinoa says with a nod. "I must get going. Have a blessed day."

With that, Rinoa turned and walked away from the doorway, followed by her three cats.

"Yeah, you better run." I said jokingly as the cats got out of sight.

"Who better run?" Evie's voice said as she stood on the stairs looking up at me.

"These weird things that are apparently cats." I said with a shrug. "Are you ready to play mini golf?"

"Well that's why I came looking for ya." Evie told me.

"Wicked." I said with a smile. "I'll just finish my ice cream and we'll crack on."

I lifted the ice cream to my mouth but the ice cream had gone, all that was left is a cone. I looked at the ground, looking to see if I dropped it. Evie pointed behind me at Bear and I knew instantly what happened. I close my eyes, slowly turning my head to see ice cream around his face.

"I saved you from cats man!" I said to Bear in a disappointed tone. "Ugly scary looking cats and you nick my ice cream?"

I looked at Evie, covering a smile on her face as Bear seems to smile in my direction.

"Let's go golfing." I said to Evie before looking back at Bear. "And you owe me an ice cream smiler."

Golf, yes, mini golf, you wanna know what happened there, right? Well, wait for Evie's promo and you can find out!

Believe it or not, it's still Monday and I'm recording this part, unreal, right? Truth is, I have nothing to fear from Jake Raab, nothing at all, so might as well try and beat Austin James Mercer to the promo punch.

What do you mean his second is already airing? God damn it Austin! I will air a promo before you some day.... You're probably wondering why I'm talking about Austin James Mercer. Well, I think that's the way you sell matches these days, doesn't matter who you're facing anymore, just talk about Austin....

Sadly though, I'm still a bit old school so must talk about my opponent for more than a few seconds.

The scene starts as I look at the computer screen from the laptop on my lap as I sat in the hotel room. Today had been a good day, still not crazy, still not infected, I'll call that a good day, although a dog did eat my ice cream.

"Yeah, you buddy." I say as I wave a finger at Bear.

But my eyes were distracted for a few minutes at my friend Sam Marlowe on the laptop screen, live lip syncing from her room, the song I jokingly requested on Twitter, Baby Shark. I couldn't help but smile at her. I knew she was doing this to entertain herself and the fans, and it certainly had entertained me. I quickly type in the chat box.

"Go on Ginge!" I say as I write it and hit send.

I think she saw that one cause a smile broke out on her face.

"Sammi, you're a superstar and I will be back to watch later, but..." I said as I closed the laptop lid, pick up the SCW World Heavyweight championship to put over my shoulder and look to the camera. "Alright people."

The camera was rolling it was time to talk about Austin James Mercer Jake Raab.

"We are getting closer to that day people, closer to the match I've been selling on you for a bit." I say with a point of my finger. "Me Vs Jake Raab. I spoke about it all in depth last week, I spoke about a lot of things because I expected to be met in the middle, met half way where Jake would sell things as much as I would. I seriously expected him to come at me like a raging bull, rip me apart, tell me I was a bad champion, tell me I wouldn't be champion after next Sunday, but I got nothing."

I really expected more but never got it.

"You sat and spoke about Austin James Mercer, you sat and spoke about Blast From The Past, you sat and spoke about things that don't matter. You even told me about lock down and people working for other companies, like I didn't get it." My tone was confused. "I mean is it a bad thing I've been more than vocal about it towards people who could have been here, but chose their own selfishness over the lives of thousands of others? You're damn right I am gonna be vocal about it!"

I could feel anger building up in me but tried to keep it calm.

"You know why Jake?" I say in a more serious tone. "Because I'm sick to damn death seeing people say RIP on social media to loved ones. I know you don't do social media but believe me, every time I see that, my soul feels less brighter. The other day, my heart broke reading a story about a thirteen year old boy dying and not even his mother being allowed at his funeral. Thirteen years old Jake, let that sink in."

My heart was racing faster and faster, I could feel the blood boil in me.

"What if you had a thirteen year old son you could never see again, never get a proper goodbye?" I ask. "What if you had to go to my funeral? So as long as there's people dying because selfish pricks wanna ignore rules, I'm gonna call them out on it. As long as people work for other places and not give a damn about the thousands they could infect, I will keep doing what I can to make people see they need to listen, cause I can't read stories anymore of kids dying because someone didn't wanna stay at home for a month."

I was riled up, I knew I was, I'm not a swearing kinda guy, especially on camera where kids can see, but it made me mad to have the corona virus compared to my title in importance. Screw my title, social distancing and lock down is far more important than leather and gold can be any day of the week. I needed to get back on point.

"I'm glad you accepted this open challenge Jake, and even had to sit there and defend you on social media for you getting a title match, cause clearly, some people don't get how open challenges work." I say with a quick shoulder shrug. "It took that standing up for you that made me see that out of three rosters, only two men had the Jacobs to step up and accept the challenge, you and O'Malley. Two out of about forty to fifty names. This is what I give you credit for, because you did step up while that chose to sit behind a keyboard and make digs without stepping up. It doesn't change the fact that I'm on serious form at this point, probably the best Ben Jordan I've ever been."

I did feel like I was playing out of my skin lately, unstoppable but grounded.

"You saw the opportunity and took it." I say with an impressed tone. "You didn't sit there and moan about title shots, or begging for them, like some people I know, you actually stepped up to the plate when something was needed and that gets me way too respect filled for words. You've gone right for the throat and that is fair enough to me, that is what I like to see. I want new challenges, O'Malley was a new challenge, Griffin Hawkins was a new challenge and you too are that new challenge but part of being a champion is being able to adapt to different people. I didn't use the same game plan against O'Malley as I did against Griffin, or even Senor Vinnie. I adapted for my opponents and you and your MMA, plan adapted again."

I nod with a serious look on my face.

"In fact it's pretty lucky that I'm a good guy and Fenris is the referee because if he wasn't, you'd be seeing me asking for MMA tips." I admit. "I would have spent the last two weeks with Fenris giving me a crash course in a little bit of everything and beat ya at ya own game. I'm too much of a nice guy to do that to the point I haven't been around Fenris too much at all since that match was announced. I ain't being mugged off and accused of swaying a ref here, so I've come up with my own game plan to get past you Jake and it's pretty bloody solid to be fair. Me coming up with this plan mirrors something you said Jake, about how I've grown in to being a decent wrestler here."

I look at the SCW World Heavyweight championship and smile.

"I have grown a lot this year." I say with a slight nod. "It's surprised even me on how far I feel that I've come. Ever since the day I got my hands on this belt, I've been thinking more about my opponents, I've not just said I'll go do what I do and let them figure out how to stop that cause everyone is stoppable, I look at them closer. Before I would have said MMA guy and that's it but now, I'm looking at ya strengths, your weaknesses, like for example, you have a certain tell before you throw a kick. I bet no one else has picked up on that, but I have. I picked up on it after watching your last five matches back to back. I spotted the distance you drop ya hand when you're about to throw a bomb, I've seen a lot of little things like that. The old Ben wouldn't have even looked for things like that, the new Ben has like Assassin's Creed eagle vision at this point. That is growth there and then and I don't think I've peaked yet. I still think there's more to come."

I truly believed that in my heart. Over the coming months, I truly feel I will get better and better.

"I caught that you mentioned you don't see your weaknesses, but like I said, I got eagle vision at the moment." I reiterated. "So I can tell ya where ya going wrong, I can show you where you're going wrong cause at Blaze of Glory VIII, I'll expose them all so you can sit back and watch the video over and over again. I would tell ya them all now but ya know..."

A smile passed over my face.

"But anyway Jake." I continue. "I'm expecting a more than decent match here, I'm expecting something special. There may not be any fans chanting my name, there may not be that usual buzz in the air, but I will bring the buzz and make sure I'll walk out of Blaze of Glory VIII still with the SCW World Heavyweight championship. You can bet ya house on that."

I place my hand on the championship belt.

"Right you lovely lot." I start, knowing the end was coming up. "You all stay safe, help each other out the best you can and listen to the rules. I will see you all in a few days time."

I wink down the camera.

"Laters people!"

The camera fades to black.
>

Cockney King.
SCW World Heavyweight Champion
SCW Internet Champion
SCW Roulette Champion
SCW Tag Team Champion (3x)
SCU Underground champion
ACW's only Triple Crown Champion.
Super J Cup Winner 2013.
Twitter: @CockneyKingBen

Offline Jake Raab

• "The Fiery Target"
    • View Profile
    • Jake Raab
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2020, 11:55:24 PM »
 Jake's path to getting in MMA part 2. Aged eighteen years old. Some years ago. Düsseldorf, Germany. (Off Camera)

Since the time Jake first joined the boxing gym, Jake had been doing a lot of boxing training due to his strikes at the time being his weakest part of being an MMA fighter. For Jake, it didn't feel the same to do just punches and defending from them. Jake got bored rapidly with it being so repetitive.

However, now that's changed as a kid at eighteen years old was ready to be a pro-MMA fighter, but he has some niggles to deal with punching and kicking. It was all slowly setting up with Jake, there to help set up the octagon to put together as they all had the bits and pieces after five months of preparation of finding pieces of octagon rings and mats as they didn't have any mats. Jake has been there, every day, even with Brazilian jiu-jitsu classes he still takes to maintain his wrestling skills to set up the gym for MMA.

Jake and another boxing trainer as the club was closed on a Sunday spent the day setting the octagon up which took six hours, including a break to set it all up. Jake nods on approving the octagon set up. They watched a top MMA company video to show how they set up the octagon beforehand.

They were exhausted as another boxing staff member places the mats down in an area they've set up for MMA grapple training and more boxing bags were set up since the ones they had were worn down and speed bags as well. There was a lot of things being set up for the first time in the boxing gym they never imagined would ever happen.

They were done and finished setting everything up to get ready for the MMA lessons to start. At this current time, the boss of the boxing school was redoing the schedule for MMA to be involved in the class now. They also hired a few more staff members too, to accommodate MMA trainers in the gym. As they sat down on the mats, they begin to speak to one another.

MMA trainer 1: “I'm glad you and the boxing staff thought it was a good idea to have MMA classes take place here. It's going to be the first MMA class this place will have next week.”

Jake Raab: “Me too. It wasn't just me who wanted a place to learn all about MMA, a few boxing students requested the idea as well, It has lots of space in the gym and best to fill it to our advantage. I think we've done what we needed to do.”

MMA trainer 2: “Yes and we're ready to have lessons here, including having you as one of our students. We've come very far to turn this place to an MMA gym that still has boxing classes as well. We're glad to be apart of this strong community who are willing to evolve the sport to another level like the US and UK have already done.”

Jake Raab: “That's why this place has potential and it will only be good for the business side of things as well, being the first MMA gym in Germany. It's getting bigger every second. I really want to make it to the pro leagues of MMA because I believe I can and will succeed. I've dreamt being an MMA fighter since I was seven years old.”

Both MMA trainers saw the amount of passion Jake had for the sport. It's rare at that time and age he grew up, watching MMA and wanted to do it. It left the MMA trainers a big smile on their faces, knowing Jake was exactly the type of guy they were looking for, passionate MMA fighters. It's why Jake's been a big help since they started to bring MMA parts in the gym.

MMA trainer 1: “I've never heard anyone say that before, especially the sport is still new for Germany. You seem to love the sport, don't you?”

Jake Raab: “Yeah like I'm not a fan of wrestling or boxing on their own. That's boring, but it makes MMA stand out to those two sports where you can knock an opponent out or make them tap out. That's more of a challenge than doing one or the other. It inspired me to take part in this wonderful sport to be the MMA champion.”

MMA trainer 2: “That's why MMA was invented because both of those sports at the time were dying, but it got more fans to watch MMA and respect the sport as a whole. MMA fighters are the nicest people you could meet in combat sports. I know you want to face the top Light Heavyweight fighters in the division.”

Jake Raab: “How do you know what weight class I'm in?”

MMA trainer 1: “You have the size to be in that division. We don't need to weigh you on that. I can tell by looking straight at you what weight class your in. Besides the boxer trainers told us as well. You're in great shape to be an MMA fighter, let me tell you because a lot of fighters or inspiring ones have taken drugs in the past.”

Jake Raab: “It's the one thing about this sport I don't like is taking drugs, especially after you've won the fight. I will never think to do that. I can't if I'm still living with my parents to accomplish my dream.”

All of the history of MMA in a way with fighters were coming out as Jake shook his head on the thought that drugs could be involved, but Jake could never see himself taking them, especially with his parents living with him. He knew his parents would be pissed and knowing Jake would fuck his life up if he did.

MMA trainer 2: “I'm only saying that to you now just in case you get pressured as a pro to do drugs. However living with your parents, that will help a lot to not take them. I also see you as the guy who will lead Germany to the MMA world because I can see that in people. You're going to be a quick learner with full of frustration if you mess up. At the same time, a guy who's willing to learn from their mistakes and improve them on the second attempt.”

Jake Raab: “That means a lot you guys you feel that way. I hope when next week comes around, I will be the first to walk through that door and the last one to leave because that's how passionate I am for this sport. I don't think I'll ever have time for a girlfriend if I'll put all of my time to be a great professional MMA fighter. Anyway, I better head home. Got a Formula One race to watch from America.”

MMA trainer 1: “Ah, Formula One is awesome, didn't know you liked that.”

Jake Raab: “I do and been a fan of that since I was a kid as well, but MMA is my true passion for the sport. Formula One is my second favourite sport. Love how many risks they take when they go driving on the track and doing overtakes like mental. Anyway, see you guys next week.”

Jake wiped the sweat from his sleeve and he gets up from the floor and walks back home to turn the TV on in his bedroom and he was just in time to watch the race from America due to the cars finishing their warm-up lap and the race starts with Jake being offered his dinner in his room, due to his fascination on Formula One cars racing around the track and a glass of orange juice as well.

-------------------------------------------

Time to address a champion again Jake's camera (On Camera)

“So I may have realised I didn't speak much about Ben Jordan and I'm sorry for that man. Just I don't tend to repeat myself over and over again on how great you are as a champion and doing open challenges for people to step up. We have people in this company don't do anything to take advantage of the open challenges around them, especially a belt-like SCW title.

I question why all of you lack any kind of balls to step up rather than bitch and complain about me having another title shot. You should never wait to take an opportunity to go for a title. If you really wanted to be champions here, you'd step up to Ben's challenge and take it. Blame yourselves for not taking Ben's open challenge seriously instead of blaming me for taking advantage of the opportunity in front of me. I took it because I want to be champion here badly and I'd do anything to get a belt in my hands.

People on twitter which by the way is killing the wrestling business are fucking pussies to talk shit behind my back instead of talking about me on camera. If you got a problem with me? Say it to me, directly on the camera, not hiding behind the keyboard like children you all are. Not everyone needs to get a twitter account and I won't be one of those guys either because I prefer to interact with wrestlers in person and prefer to interact with fans in person as well, not behind a keyboard.

I heard what you said Ben, but why do you think I was searching for a female tag partner? It wasn't just to team with them to go for the Mixed Tag belts, it was also to be friends with them as well. I went on camera, telling the world I wanted women to team with me, but apart from Candy, I got ignored. It would've been the same for the guys here too. What's the point of talking and socialising with other wrestlers if they continuously trash me for everything?

Except for you and Fenris, some wrestlers resort to trashing my family who has nothing to do with my actions or what I say. It's ridiculous to trash them, especially when one of them doesn't work in this company. How can you expect me to socialise with people with all of that going on?

I want to interact with wrestlers, but I'm not being allowed to. I've not come across anyone who likes Formula One or Big Bang Theory or ice hockey on other things I like to do. I know there are a few soccer fans, but I support a German team of Dortmund. I'm willing to be flexible, but apart from soccer and music, I've not been able to fit in with anyone. Do I like music? Yes, but everyone likes metal. I'm into rap music.

But let's talk about you as a wrestler, I mean do I need to repeat what I said on you being a threat? I know the kind of threat you are. I mean I accepted your challenge for a reason I can't say more what you've done. I respect you for what you've done this year. I can't disrespect you for that at all as you have dominated everyone across you, even beating Fenris which is no easy task to do, especially winning the title in an elimination chamber match.

Listen, do you honestly think I don't want to improve? I've mentioned before I joined a developmental company for that reason? If not, then I did long before this virus stuff even came up. I will prove to you and everyone I will do everything possible, in my power to win because I threw in a stipulation myself that if I lose this match, I will accept defeat and not have a title shot for a whole year.

It's that stipulation I put on myself with a lot of pressure because I'm not afraid of putting in extra work to wrestle against you and maybe, just maybe I want this more than I've ever wanted to win a belt, because of you being my friend. So you see, I'm not afraid of going up against the best and I was willing to face you and Fenris because of making this match important and worth more.

But since Fenris settles for the referee because of the virus, that's fine, can't trash him for that. I will push myself and you to the limits I've never gone before and if you want, I'll gladly shake your hand before and after the match. I will be the guy that will take the title from you, despite the respect, but I will not hold back the punches, kicks and submissions I'll unleash on you.

I will accomplish the one thing that will shut the whole world up, win that SCW title because that's how much I want to win. I will do anything to pin you for the three count. I will take that title away from you and be the new SCW champion. Good luck and may the top man win this match.”
>